After Ten Years by I_Luv_Hermione



Summary: It has been ten years since our favorite quartet left Hogwarts. Voldemort is gone, but his followers are still at large and in hiding. Follow Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny as they start their families and live their lives without the worry of the Dark Lord.
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstar
Categories: Post-Hogwarts
Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 2007.03.21
Updated: 2009.05.20


Index

Chapter 1: Chapter 1: Children?!?
Chapter 2: Chapter 2: Happy Birthday!
Chapter 3: Chapter 3: Lily and Lance
Chapter 4: Chapter 4: The Question Asked
Chapter 5: Chapter 5: The Question Answered


Chapter 1: Chapter 1: Children?!?

Author's Notes: I've had a few complaints about a few MINOR details, so I tweaked the words a bit. Better?


Harry opened the door of his home to find Ron and Hermione standing hand-in-hand.

“Hi guys! Glad you could make it,” Harry said.

Thanks for inviting us to dinner, mate,” Ron said as the couple walked in and Harry closed the door.

“Who is it, Harry?” Ginny asked from the second story.

“It’s Ron and Hermione, Gin,” Harry said.

“Okay. I’ll be down in a minute,” Ginny said.

“Five minutes later, the four of them were seated in then living room.

“So, ‘Mione, remind me of when your baby is expected,” Ginny said.

Hermione placed a hand on the small bulge in her tummy.

“Four months from now,” Hermione said.

“What have you decided for names?” Harry asked.

Ron said, “If it’s a boy, we’re naming him Kyle…”

“…and if it’s a girl, we’re naming her Samantha,” finished Hermione.

“When were you two planning on having kids?” Ron asked.

Both Harry and Ginny blushed.

“We’re still waiting for the right time,” Ginny said.

“Well, for us, the right time was five months ago,” Ron said with a laugh.

Hermione blushed.

“Ron!” she whined.

“You look so cute when you whine,” Ron said in a defense.

Hermione smiled and blushed a deeper shade.

At that moment, Ian, one of the house elves to the Potters, popped in and announced that dinner was served.

“Thank you, Ian,” Harry said.

When he had popped away, Ron said, “You named your house elf Ian?”

“Yes. What’s wrong with it?” Ginny asked.

“Nothing. It’s just, house elves usually have unusual names is all,” Ron said.

“Well, we thought that was silly,” Ginny said. “So we gave our house elves regular names.”

“I like the idea,” Hermione said.

“You would,” Ron mumbled.

The four moved into the dining room, where dinner had been set for them.

“Wow, Harry!” Ron and Hermione said together.

Ron’s plate was piled with two racks of ribs smothered in BBQ Sauce. Hermione’s plate was a double bacon cheeseburger with a side salad.

Ron said, “That’s my…”

“…favorite meal,” finished Harry. “Yeah, we know, which is why we had Ben, Sammy, and Ian make them for you.”

“Thanks a lot, mate,” Ron said.

“Looks like you had your favorites made too,” Hermione noted.

It was true. Harry had a lobster’s tail and breaded shrimp on his plate. Ginny’s plate had a fillet with rice and cooked vegetables on the side.

“Well, dig in, everyone,” Harry said.

So everyone started eating, occasionally stopping to chat with one another.

Half an hour later, all but Harry adjourned to the living room, Harry leaving to go and feed Witherwings, their hippogriff, out in his pen.

While Harry was tossing dead ferrets to Witherwings, Ginny, Ron and Hermione sat down in the living room.

“Ron, would you mind giving us girls some one-on-one time?” Hermione asked.

“Not at all, love,” Ron replied. Standing up, he said, “If you need me, I’ll be on the Quidditch pitch.”

Once he had left, Hermione turned to Ginny and asked, “So, when do you plan on having kids?”

Blushing, Ginny said, “Harry and I haven’t discussed it much.”

“He’s never asked you to, y’know, shag of anything?” Hermione asked, surprised.

“No. That’s one of the things that make Harry so wonderful! He won’t do anything if it makes me uncomfortable,” Ginny said.

“Wow. Ron’s a totally different story,” Hermione said. “Two days after we were married, we’d just laid down to bed and he suddenly rubs his hand up my leg and all other sorts of moves.”

Ginny laughed.

“Well, what do you expect from Ron?” she said.

“Well, I told him that I wasn’t ready yet and, to my utter amazement, he listened!” Hermione said.

“Really?” Ginny said.

“Yes! He didn’t even try anything until five months ago, and I felt we were ready,” Hermione said. “Now we’re hoping for twins and couldn’t be happier.”

“Well, I might talk with Harry later tonight. Before we shag, I want everything planned,” Ginny said.

“Ginny, when you want to shag, you don’t plan it!” Hermione said. “If you plan to shag, it’ll take away from the romance and the lust.”

“I meant I want to plan for the baby I’d give birth to,” Ginny said.

“Oh. That’s a good idea,” Hermione said blushing.

At that moment, Harry walked in.

“Hey, love. Hey, sis. Where’s Ron?” he asked.

“On the pitch, where else?” Hermione replied.

“Does this mean that I’m interrupting something?” Harry asked.

Ginny opened her mouth to agree, but Hermione spoke first.

“No, actually. I was about to go to the library,” she said.

Winking at Ginny, Hermione got up and left the room.

“Was it me, or was she acting a little different?” Harry asked.

“Well, she’s an expectant mother,” Ginny said.

“Ah. That would explain it,” Harry said.

“Speaking of which, I wanted to talk to you,” Ginny said. “How would you feel about having children?”

“I would love being a father! You know that, Gin,” Harry said.

She loved it when he used her nickname.

“I know. You said it a thousand times,” Ginny replied. “It’s just; I wanted to know if you wanted to…err…”

Though her tongue was tied, he knew what she meant.

“You wanted to know if I fancied a shag,” Harry said.

Blushing crimson, she muttered, “Yes.”

Harry motioned for her to join her on the couch. She sat down next to him and he gave her a hug.

“Ginny, I’ve felt ready since the day I blew Tom clear to next millennium. If you fell ready to have sex, then okay, we will, but if you’re not ready, we won’t. It’s all up to you,” Harry said brushing a lock of hair from her eyes.

“What did I do to deserve such a wonderful man like you?” she replied.

“Stuck you elbow in the butter dish, love. That clinched it,” Harry said.

The both of them laughed.

Later, as they waved to Ron and Hermione before they Apparated home, Ginny said, “Harry, would you follow me?”

“Sure, love,” he replied, confused.

Ginny led Harry to their bedroom.

“Stay here for a moment,” she said disappearing into their bathroom.
Harry decided that while he was waiting, he’d change into his nightly attire.

He removed his robe and pants and pulled on a tank top before sitting on the bed to wait.

“Good, you changed. That will make things go quicker,” Ginny said from behind Harry. He turned around and his jaw dropped to the ground.

Ginny wore nothing but a small black bra and a thong.

“Judging by your reaction, you like what you see,” Ginny said.

“That’s the understatement of the year,” Harry replied.

Ginny walked over and sat, legs draping, on Harry’s lap.

“I’m ready, Harry; are you?” Ginny whispered seductively in his ear.

Harry responded by removing his glasses and tank top.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” Ginny said pushing Harry onto his back and laying on him.

_ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _

The next morning, Harry awoke with Ginny in his arms…lying on top of him.

Gently, he moved her off of him and got out of bed to figure out where Ginny had thrown his boxers.

After he found them, he pulled them on and sat on the edge of the bed. This woke Ginny.

“Morning, handsome,” she said rubbing her eyes.

“Good morning. Listen, Gin, last night was…wow,” was all Harry could say.

“Why thank you, Mr. Potter. I am glad to have pleased you,” Ginny replied. “You weren’t so bad yourself.”

“Thanks. You know what this means, right?” Harry said.

“What?” Ginny asked.

“You and I are going to be parents,” Harry said with a smile.

“We don't know that for sure, Harry, but I'll take a test and we'll know soon enough!" Ginny said.

“Well, while we’re on the subject, what names do you like?” Harry asked.

“Thinking a little too far ahead, aren’t you?” Ginny said. “Well, I’ve always liked the name Lance for a boy.”

“Lance is a good boy’s name. However, if it’s a girl, I’m naming her,” Harry said.

Ginny looked at her husband. It was unusual for him to say he was doing something without first running it past her.

“Why; what would you name her?” she asked.

“Lily,” he said.

“After your mum? Oh, Harry, I bet she’d have loved that!” Ginny said.

“Her full name would be Lillian Molly Potter, Molly after your middle name and Mum’s first name,” Harry said.

“Mum will be thrilled,” Ginny said.

“What our boy’s full name gonna be?” Harry asked.

“Hmmm…how about Lancelot James Potter?” Ginny asked.

“Lancelot huh? That sounds nice. Okay, our would-be girl’s name will be Lily and our would-be boy is Lance,” Harry said.

“Oh, Harry! I use to dream of the day that I sat choosing names for my children. I’m glad I’m doing it with you,” she said.

“As am I, love; as am I,” Harry replied.

He shuffled over closer to Ginny and gave her a kiss and a hug.

“Now, what say you put some clothes on, we have some breakfast, and then we freshen up and spread the good news around?” Harry suggested.

“That sounds good, but I have one addition to that schedule,” Ginny said.

“What’s that?” Harry asked.

She whispered something in Harry’s ear that had his boxers off in two seconds flat.

Around noon, Harry and Ginny Apparated to the Burrow.

Ron and Hermione were sitting at the table drinking coffee while Mrs. Weasley was cooking breakfast when they arrived.

“Morning, all,” Harry said entering the kitchen followed by Ginny.

“Good morning, Harry dear,” Mrs. Weasley replied. “To what do we owe this visit?”

“We have some good news,” Ginny said. “Is Dad still home? We had hoped to tell the four of you first.”

“Yes, dear. He’s upstairs,” Mrs. Weasley replied. She walked over to the foot of the stairs and called, “Arthur! Come down here! Harry and Ginny have some news for us!”

“Coming, dear,” he called down.

Five minutes later, Arthur Weasley appeared at the foot of the stairs and asked, “What up?”

“Well, we're not positive yet, but if things go our way, Ginny is, as of now, an expecting mother!” Harry said putting an arm around Ginny.

“Oh, that’s wonderful!” Mrs. Weasley cried rushing over to give her daughter and son-in-law a big hug.

“Congratulations, you two!” Mr. Weasley said.

Ron and Hermione just grinned at each other, for they knew that what they had said the previous night had sunken in.

“Ginny, we must begin planning your baby shower,” Hermione said.

“That’s good thinking, ‘Mione, although I think we should plan yours first,” Ginny said.

Hermione blushed. She had put it off for a long time.

“Ginny has a point, dear,” Mrs. Weasley said. “You’ll be having children before she does.”

So, while the men sat and drank coffee, the three women went to Ginny’s room (more space) and began the planning for Hermione’s, and soon after Ginny’s, baby shower.

After the ladies had gone upstairs, Ron turned to Harry and asked, “So have you figured out any names yet?”

“Yes. If it’s a boy, Ginny wants to name him Lancelot, Lance for short, and if it’s a girl, I want to name her Lillian, Lily for short,” Harry said.

“No doubt after your mother. Very thoughtful, Harry. Your mother would be proud,” Mr. Weasley commented.

“Thank you, sir,” Harry said.

“Harry, how many times must I ask you to call me Dad?” Mr. Weasley said.

“Sorry, sir…ah…Dad,” Harry said correcting himself as Ron laughed.

When all three women had entered Ginny’s room, Mrs. Weasley made a table, three chairs, paper, and several pencils out of thin air.
“So, Hermione, where would you like your baby shower held?” Mrs. Weasley asked.

“Somewhere open, with a nice view,” Hermione said.

“I know a spot filling those qualifications,” Ginny said. “Harry and I spent our third anniversary at a hotel right on the beach. There was a field about a mile from the hotel. How’s that sound?”

“That sounds perfect!” Hermione said.

“Okay. The place is set. Now, how many would you expect from your side of the family?” Mrs. Weasley asked as she wrote what Ginny has described.

“Ten is probably a good estimate,” Hermione said.

“Alright. Ten from your side plus ten, maybe fifteen from our side,” Mrs. Weasley said to herself as she scribbled down the information.

After about an hour more of planning, the three women returned to the kitchen.

Harry and Ron were playing chess. Mr. Weasley had left for work.

“Who’s winning?” Ginny asked as she and Hermione sat down.

“Harry, as always,” Ron said grumpily. “Ever since school, he’s devised a knack to outdo me in chess no matter how hard I try!”

“That’s because I dealt with seven years of you bragging on about your skills in chess,” Harry said moving his queen. “Ah, checkmate, by the way.”

“Bloody hell,” Ron said.

“Ronald!” Hermione and Mrs. Weasley said together.

“Sorry, love. Sorry, Mum” Ron said.

Back to index


Chapter 2: Chapter 2: Happy Birthday!

Author's Notes: Some of my readers have become very picky with little details in my story. Keep in mind that this is, after all, a story of MAGIC.


Three days later, Ginny woke to a Harry-less bed.

Looking at her clock, she was stunned to see it read 1:30 pm.

‘Hmmm, I wonder where Harry’s gotten to,’ she thought to herself.

Getting out of bed, she showered, dressed, and freshened up before descending her stairs and entering the kitchen.

“SURPRISE!!!” several people screamed.

Ginny was stunned to find the rest of the Weasleys, the Grangers, Lupin, Tonks, Neville, Luna, and Harry all smiling at her with streamers hung from the ceiling and endless confetti falling from nowhere. In the center of the kitchen hung a banner that read:

'Happy twenty-seventh Birthday, Ginny!'

“Wow! Thanks everyone!” Ginny said.

“Don’t thank us,” Fred said. “Harry’s the one who planned this little charade.”

Grinning, Harry pointed his wand at the counter in the middle of the kitchen.

A giant eight-layered cake smothered in chocolate frosting decorated with candles appeared on top of the counter.

“Ladies and gents, Chef Harry’s in the house,” George said.

Everyone laughed as Harry started cutting pieces (via the Severing Charm) and distributing it to everyone. When Ginny got to the front of the cake line, Harry received a very long kiss.

“Hey, birthday girl, quit holding up the line!” Fred yelled.

“Sorry!” she laughed taking a plate and fork.

After everyone had been caked (literally for Fred, who had received a piece of cake in the face for the fun of it), Harry plopped down onto the couch next to his wife.

“Happy birthday, love,” Harry said kissing her on the cheek.

“Have I ever told you that you are the best ever?” Ginny asked.

“Hey, I resent that!” Fred said from across the room.

“Do you want more cake in your face?” Ginny asked, thus silencing Fred.

“Yes, you have, but I never tire of hearing your voice,” Harry said.

“You are such a romantic,” Ginny said.

“Why thank you, dear,” Harry said.

“Ginny, dear, I don’t mean to seem rude, but your father and I have errands to run, so would you mind opening our gift before we left?” Mrs. Weasley asked.

“You guys got me gifts?” Ginny asked, startled.

“Of course we did, silly,” Hermione said.

“What kind of family would we be if we didn’t?” Charlie asked.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had gotten Ginny a new pair of Quidditch gloves seeing as her old pair were falling apart. She received a book on phoenixes from Ron and Hermione, a three-set of beautiful dress robes from Mr. and Mrs. Granger, a dragon skin coat from Charlie, a pair of French-made pants from Bill and Fleur, a deluxe package of Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes from Fred and George, and a purse that could hold up to one hundred thousand Galleons from Lupin and Tonks as well.

“Thanks so much, everyone!” Ginny said.

After presents, all but Harry left for work, except Mr. Mrs. Weasley who left to run errands.

“In case you have doubts, Gin, my present comes later,” Harry said.

“Why not now?” Ginny asked.

“Because I need to take you out to dinner first,” Harry said.

“Ooooh, really! Where are we going?” Ginny eagerly asked.

“We are going to this little place called The Witches’ Hat,” Harry said.

“OH MY GOSH!!!” Ginny screamed jumping onto Harry tackling him to the ground with a hug. “How on earth did you get a reservation there!?!”

“With two things: 1) one hundred Galleons, 2) my reputation as Harry Potter,” Harry said slipping out of Ginny’s grasp and picking her up.

“You are too good to me,” Ginny said.

“Nah. I’m like the twins; putting a toe over the line every now and then,” Harry said as he turn ed left the living room with Ginny still in his arms and headed up the stairs.

At the foot of the stairs, Harry turned and entered the master bedroom.

He set Ginny on the bed and lay right beside her.

“I love you, Gin. I’m privileged to wake up with you in my arms,” Harry said.

“No, Harry. It is I who am privileged,” Ginny said.

They wrapped their arms around each other and fell asleep.

A few hours later, they were awakened by a crash downstairs.

“What was that?” Ginny asked.

“I don’t know. Stay here,” Harry said pulling out his wand.

Harry cracked his bedroom door open and peered downstairs.

Four hooded figures, wands at the ready, were looking in the rooms downstairs.

“You two, check upstairs!” a sneering voice Harry knew all too well ordered.

Harry quickly closed the bedroom door and cast a permanent sticking charm in the cracks. He also transfigured the door into a giant iron door.

“Gin, get over here now!” Harry whispered summoning over a lamp.

As Ginny approached, Harry pointed his wand at the lamp and thought, “Portus.”

The lamp glowed blue for a moment before returning to normal.

Harry wrapped his arm around Ginny and said, “One…two…three!”

Harry and Ginny appeared in Number 12 Grimmauld Place.

“Ginny, I want you to stay here,” Harry said turning the lamp back into a Portkey. “I need to go and have a chat with an old teacher of mine.”

“Be careful, Harry,” Ginny said.

“One…two…three!” Harry said.

Harry appeared in a secret room in the house. With his wand at the ready, Harry peered out of the one-way mirror.

Snape, Bellatrix, Dolohov, and Lucius were throwing apart his bedroom apparently searching for him and his wife.

Blasting the mirror apart, Harry screamed, “Immobulus!”

Everyone in the room was immediately immobilized.

“Well, well, well; look what we have here,” Harry said walking up to Snape. “I should kill you now, but what fun is that?”

Harry, then, took each of the Death Eaters' wands and snapped them in half, except Snape’s, which was burned and obliterated.

He also bound and gagged them. After that, he placed each of them in the fireplace and, once inside, threw down some Floo powder and screamed, “Ministry of Magic!”

The next thing Harry knew, he was standing in the middle of Shawn Gearingdale’s office.

“Minister, I believe you have been looking for these four people for awhile,” Harry said shoving the four Death Eaters to the ground.

“How did you…” Gearingdale started to ask, but Harry cut him off.

“They decided to raid my house on my wife’s birthday; not the wisest of choices. I caught them in a surprise attack and destroyed their wands,” Harry said throwing the shards of wands to the floor. “I want to be assured that all four of them will be charged with loyalty to Voldemort and add the charge of the murder of Albus Dumbledore by means of the Killing Curse to Severus. Also, Miss Lestrange here should also be held accountable for the murder of Sirius Black.”

“How do you know about the murder of Black?” Gearingdale asked, shocked by this news.

“I witnessed it. If you want proof, I can show you the memory in the Pensieve that Dumbledore left me,” Harry said.

He pulled out his wand and placed the tip on his head. As he pulled it away, a black glowing strand emitted from Harry’s wand. When it parted from his head, Harry pulled out a vial and caught the floating memory.

“I can also show you the murder of Albus Dumbledore if you wish,” Harry said.

“No, t-that fine,” Gearingdale said with a shaken voice. “J-Just leave that m-memory on my desk a-and I’ll look at it t-tomorrow.”

“Well then, I’m off,” Harry said. He turned to face the fireplace and said, “Au revoir, Minister.”

Harry stepped into the fireplace, threw some Floo powder down and yelled, “Grimmauld Place!”

_ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _ * _

Ginny looked up immediately as the fireplace roared to life, green flames erupting from the pit.

Harry jumped out of the hearth and skidded to a halt to have Ginny, who had jumped out of her chair and ran to Harry when she’d realized it was him, wrap her arms around his neck and kiss him.

“Oh, Harry!” Ginny cried when they parted. “You were taking so long and then Remus came by looking for you and he sounded worried and I thought…I thought…oh, I’m so happy you’re okay!”

“Shhhhh. It’s okay, Gin. I’m fine. Snape, Bellatrix, Dolohov, and Lucius are all in the hands of the Ministry. I snapped all of their wands, except Snape’s. I burned and obliterated his,” Harry said.

They stood there, wrapped in each other’s arms, for a few minutes. Then, they Flooed back to their house.

“Look at this mess!” Ginny said.

The living room was in shambles. The couch and chairs were torn. The rug was ripped. The pictures and glass ornament that normally sat on top of the fireplace were lying shattered on either side of the hearth.

“Allow me,” Harry said.

He pulled out his wand and did a very difficult wand wave.

Everything broken repaired itself. Everything thrown aside or knocked over returned to its original place.

“Nice, but you missed a spot on the rug,” Ginny said pointing out a rip in the rug.

“Always observant, aren’t you?” Harry asked with a smile as he mended the tear.

“Of course!” Ginny said.

“Well, keep your eyes peeled when we’re in our room, because I know for a fact that those four tore it apart,” Harry said gesturing towards the hallway leading to the stairs.

When they reached their room, Harry fixed it up as well. Once done, he and Ginny laid down on the bed, exhausted from the events of the day.

“Well, what say we drink an Energy-Revival Potion and go out to that dinner I promised?” Harry said.

“That sounds like a good idea,” Ginny said.

So Harry brewed the potion. Once the couple had drunk the potion and it had taken effect, they changed into nice attire and Apparated to the restaurant.

Once at The Witches’ Hat, the waitress seated them at their booth and gave them menus.

“I still can’t believe you got reservations here!” Ginny said.

“I can’t believe how gorgeous you look,” Harry said.

It was true. Ginny had picked out a black dress that hugged her body, showing off every curve on her body.

“Thanks,” Ginny said blushing.

When their server came by, the two ordered and handed their menus to her.

“While we wait for our food, would you like me to give you my other gift?” Harry asked.

“Sure,” Ginny said.

Harry reached into his pocket, pulled out two small boxes and handed them to Ginny.

She opened the first one and was stunned.

Two diamond-set earrings sparkled on the pillow in the box.

“Oh Harry! They’re beautiful!” Ginny said.

“Not as beautiful as you are,” Harry said.

“You rock,” Ginny said blushing.

“There’s one more box to open,” Harry said.

Ginny set the first box down and picked up the second.

“If this is a ring, I think I might lose it,” Ginny said, tears forming in her eyes.

She slowly opened the box and gasped, almost dropping the box.

Inside was a golden heart-shaped locket with an emerald set in the middle. Trembling, she opened the locket. On the right side, there was a picture of Ginny on top of Harry smiling back at her. On the left was written:


To My Love: Ginny Weasley
Happy Birthday
August 11, 2018

“Oh, Harry! I…I…I don‘t know what to say!” Ginny managed to say.

“Say I can help you put it on,” Harry said.

“Okay,” Ginny said wiping tears from her eyes.

Harry got up and walked around behind Ginny. Then he picked the locket up off the pillow. While Ginny held her hair up, Harry brought the ends of the chain of the locket up from in front her to meet at the back of her neck. He connected the chain with a kiss on the neck, sending chills down Ginny’s spine.

“Harry, you are the best,” Ginny said.

“If I were the best, I’d have noticed you much sooner than sixth year,” Harry said.

“Oh, not that again!” Ginny said with a laugh. “I told you several times that you were young and far more interested in learning about your past than in girls, although not entirely uninterested in girls,” Ginny said.

Harry was about to reply when their meals arrived.

When they arrived back home, Harry lifted Ginny up wedding-style and carried her to their room. Once there, they changed into their pajamas and went to bed.

Six Months Later

Ginny was in the library reading one day, thinking about the events that had occurred in the last few months. Hermione had given birth to a beautiful little girl. As Hermione had said, they named her Samantha Jane Weasley, Sammy for short. Harry and Ginny had been officially named their godparents. They also began work on a nursery and a playroom.

A twinge in her tummy caused her to pause from her reading. She had grown used to little dabs of movement and pain every now and then. Hermione said that she thought it unusual that I was feeling pain. According to her, she didn’t even feel pain until about two weeks before she gave birth.

“Gin, I’m home,” Harry called.

Harry had also gotten a job as an Auror. He didn’t work insanely long hours, but she still missed his company during the day.

“I’m in the library, dear,” Ginny called back marking her place and setting the book down.

“Hello, Gin. How was your day?” Harry said entering the room and wrapping his arms around his wife.

“Fine. The twinges are getting stronger,” Ginny replied.

Harry frowned. “I think you should drop by St. Mungo’s and…”

“No!” Ginny said cutting Harry off. “I’ve told you several times that I don’t like going to the doctor’s!”

“I know, but when Hermione says that she didn’t feel pain and you are, that worries me. You know that I’d never make you do anything that you don’t want to do, but I don’t want you to do nothing and then have something happen to you or the baby,” Harry said stroking her hair.

As much as she hated to admit it, Harry was right.

“Okay. I’ll drop by St. Mungo’s tomorrow afternoon,” Ginny said.

“That’s my girl. What say I have Ben and Sammy send up some dinner?” Harry asked.

“Sounds good,” Ginny said.

“Ben! Sammy!” Harry called.

The two house elves appeared with a bow and a curtsy.

“Master called us?” Ben asked.

“Yes. Please bring up two plates of spaghett, some salad, and some butterbeer. When you’re done, you are free to relax for the rest of the night,” Harry said.

“As Master wishes,” Sammy said.

“Would you also bring up some iced tea?” Ginny asked.

“If Mistress is wanting it, we is getting it for her,” Ben said.

They disappeared with a pop, returning twenty minutes later with the requested platters of food and drinks.

“Thank you, guys. You are welcome to stay and eat with us,” Ginny said.

“Mistress is too kind, but we is going to sleep now. Thanks for the offer,” Ian said.

“Alright. Goodnight,” Harry said.

They bowed and curtsied before popping away to their rooms.

“Let’s dig in!” Harry said.

So the two enjoyed a rather messy spaghetti dinner for two.

A few hours later, a yawn from Ginny told Harry that it was time for bed.

“Alright, mother-to-be, it’s time for bed,” Harry said sending the dishes downstairs and scourgifying any spills and messes.

“Alright,” Ginny said getting up.

Together, the couple walked to their room.

Back to index


Chapter 3: Chapter 3: Lily and Lance

Author's Notes: It took some editing, but here's part three!


Three Months Later

Harry was sitting at his desk doing some paperwork when a howler was flown into his office and dropped onto his desk. Harry reached for it only to be stunned as it burst open.

“HARRY! GET TO ST. MUNGO’S IMMEDIATELY! GINNY HAS GONE INTO LABOR AND NEEDS YOU HERE NOW!!!” Hermione’s voice screamed, her voice magnified at ten times it’s normalcy.

Dropping everything, Harry bolted out of his office, yelling back, “Kingsley, I know you heard that! Have Dawson finish that report for me; tell him I’ll make it worth his while. See ya!”

“Go get ‘em, Potter, and congrats!” Kingsley called.

Rushing out of the Ministry of Magic, Harry Apparated immediately as he entered the Apparation Zone, arriving at St. Mungo’s.

Harry raced through the doors and rushed up to the information desk.

“My wife, Ginevra Weasley, was admitted here as in labor. Where is her room?” Harry asked frantically, holding the desk for support.

“They said you’d be here soon. Here, hold this,” the desk clerk said handing Harry an old tin can. Harry took it, stared at it for a few seconds, and then asked, “What now?”

“One, two, three,” the clerk said.

The Portkey immediately took Harry to the hallway outside Ginny room.

Quietly, Harry opened and shut the room door and walked over to Ginny’s bedside.

She looked up and sigh with a smile as she said, “Oh, thank Merlin you’re here!”

“Of course I’m here,” Harry said sitting down and taking one of her hands in his own. “Are you alright?”

“Yes, and I have great news!” Ginny replied. “I’m having twins!”

“Gin, that’s amazing!” Harry said hugging her.

“There’s more,” Ginny said as they separated. “They’re fraternal twins; one’s a boy and one’s a girl!”

“Lily and Lance!” Harry said understanding what she was implying. “You are too amazing!”

Suddenly, Ginny had a contraction, causing her to cry out and winced. A Childbirth Healer appeared in seconds, and before Harry could object, he was ushered out of the room as Ginny had another contraction.

Harry was forced to sit, overcome with impatience, in the waiting room, which now only consisted of the Weasleys, including Hermione, Fleur, and Fred and George’s wives, Angelina and Katie.

Ron and Hermione sat on either side of him, Hermione holding his hands and Ron patting him on the back.

“Everything will be fine, mate,” Ron said.

“I know, I know,” Harry said. “It’s just I’ve been looking forward to being a father for so long that it’s hard to sit relaxed when…hang on, where’s your kid?”

“We left her with my parents,” Hermione replied. “…on the condition that she be put down for her nap immediately after we left. She’s already eaten, so I don’t have to worry about my parents spoiling her.”

“Mione, Harry doesn’t need the play-by-play,” Ron said.

“Actually, I don’t mind hearing this, Ron,” Harry said. “Now that I’m having kids, I’m gonna need your guys’ help. Ginny might have a mother’s intuition, but I know about as much about parenting as Ron does about Muggle stuff!”

“Hey!” Ron said in protest. “I’m getting better! Yesterday, Hermione and I went shopping and I could name everything we passed!”

“That’s because we went clothes shopping!” Hermione said laughing.

“No I mean after that!” Ron said annoyingly. “We went to that alpaince store to get a new breader and a new hisk!”

“I think you mean you went to an appliance store to get a new toaster and a new whisk,” Harry said, making Hermione break down into a fit of laughter.

“Well…I...er…” Rom stuttered. “Well I got it yesterday, and I could name everything that she bought!”

As he walked off in a bad mood, Hermione leaned over and whispered into Harry’s ear, “That because, apart from the electronic devices, all I bought was lingerie and food!”

Harry laughed so hard he couldn’t breathe.

“Oy! What’s so funny?” Rom asked returning to the group.

When Harry didn’t respond (because he was busting his gut laughing), he turned to Hermione and asked, “What did you bloody tell him that was so darn funny?”

“Let’s just say I told him what my ‘shopping’ is based around,” Hermione said, making Harry laugh ever harder.

“What’s that suppose to mean?” Ron asked.

“Oh, Ron, I love it when you don’t understand what’s right in front of you,” Hermione said. “I mean I told Harry everything you claim to knowledgably know and why!”

Ron still had to think, but when he turned brick red, Harry (who was still doubled over laughing) and Hermione knew that the point had gotten to him.

After about an hour more of waiting, the Healer entered the room, smiled, and said, “Congratulations, Mr. Potter. You are now the proud parent of fraternal twins.”

“May I see her?” Harry asked eagerly.

“Of course,” the Healer said.

Harry was led to Ginny’s room and left alone.

Tears filled his eyes as Harry entered Ginny’s room.

She was lying in her bed cradling what were his and her newborn son and daughter.

Ginny looked up at her husband and smiled as he approached her, tears flowing down her cheeks as well.

Ginny handed him their boy, Lance, and he sat down in the chair next to the bed.

“Gin, they’re beautiful,” Harry said as he stared at their sleeping baby boy.

“Lily seems to take after you quite a bit,” Ginny said. “She was quite a bit more stubborn of the two to be born.”

“She has your blazing hair,” Harry said looking over at their daughter.

“She has her father’s eyes, though,” Ginny said.

“What did you say?” Harry asked turning to face Ginny.

“I said she has your eyes, Harry,” Ginny said looking at Harry with a worried look. “Why?”

“Gin, what do my eyes and your hair mixed together onto one head make?” Harry asked.

Ginny had to think for a moment, but she finally understood what he meant.

“She’ll look almost exactly like your mum,” Ginny said.

Harry started to cry again as he smiled at Lily and said, “That’s right. She’ll have the looks that are true to her name: flaming red hair and glistening green eyes.”

Harry turned to Ginny and said, “Ginny, thank you for bringing my, no…our children into this world. I love you so much.”

“I love you too,” Ginny replied.

Back to index


Chapter 4: Chapter 4: The Question Asked

(Five years later)

Gin, where did we hide the streamers?” Harry called to Ginny from the living room as he desperately searched for the parcel of wrapped-up streamers they‘d bought the day before.

“In the closet beside the grandfather clock,” Ginny called from the sitting room. “Hurry Harry, because they’ll be back any time now!”

Ron and Hermione had taken Lily and Lance out to Diagon Alley with Sammy for Florean Fortescue’s ice cream for their birthday and were due back to the house any minute. Harry and Ginny had planned and designed a party for when they returned from the outing and were rushing to finish.

“Oh this is getting me nowhere!” Harry said impatiently as he dove for his wand, desperately looking around for the missing streamers. “Accio streamers!”

Two rolls of streamers flew from the kitchen through the room Ginny was setting up a small picket fence into the living room where Harry was standing.

“Oh, that’s right. I pulled them out and left them on the counter so we‘d know where they were,” Ginny said to herself. “Well, that was a bust…”

“Okay, streamers: check!” Harry said twiddling his wand and watching the streamers fly around the room, dangling themselves from outstretched objects around the wall. “Are we forgetting anything else, Gin?!”

“Is the cake ready in the kitchen?” she replied.

“Think back, Harry remembered summoning the gigantic seven-layer cake and putting the Permanent Cooling Charm on it right before beginning the hunt for the streamers.

“Cake’s all set, hun!” he called to her.

I don’t think so, Harry!” his wife called back. “Oh wait; are the gifts stacked like I asked you to stack them?”

“Yes, dear!” Harry called back as he quickly brandished his wand and made the messy pile of gifts wrapped in blue and pink paper to stack themselves neatly.

“I heard that, Harry Potter!” Ginny yelled from her room.

Harry sighed. It seemed that, back at Hogwarts, it was much easier to get away with things, where there were thousands of underage students, ghosts like Peeves, Filch, and several teachers. Yet now, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t pass one thing under his wife’s nose…but then again, his wife was the brother of Fred and George Weasley, so…

The doorbell chimed, signaling that Ron, Hermione, and the children were home.

“I’m coming, I‘m coming!” Ginny called quickly finishing her work on the room and rushing to the door.

She opened the door to her two beautiful children smiling with sticky ice cream faces.

“Mommy!” Lily cried rushing forward to hug her legs.

“We missed you!” Lance followed.

“Hi babies! How was Fortescue’s Ice Cream Shop with Aunt Hermione and Uncle Ron?” Ginny asked as she cleaned up her children‘s faces with her wand.

“It was fun!” Lily piped up. “Sammy did my hair. See?”

Lily turned her head to reveal her long red hair back and tied in a ponytail.

“That’s beautiful, Lil,” Ginny said. “Your father and I have a surprise for you and your brother!”

“Really; what is it?” Lance asked.

“Close your eyes and hold your sister’s hand,” Ginny instructed her children. Lily, you hold mine.”

“Can I come too?” Sammy asked peeking out from behind Hermione.

“Of course you can Sammy,” Ginny said sweetly. Is it okay with you two?”

“Oh sure!” Hermione said, her arm around Ron‘s waist. We actually need to go to a meeting.”

Well it‘s settled then!” Ginny said. “Sammy, you follow Lance,”

So the chain of people, led by Ginny, made their way to the living room. Ron and Hermione left for the Ministry to see a wizard about S.P.E.W.

Once into the next room, Ginny said, “Alright, kids, open your eyes.”

Lily, Lance, and Sammy opened their eyes and their mouths dropped to the floor (not literally).

The living room was decorated to look like a carnival. Besides the clowns popping in and out of the room, there was a puppet show with a dragon puppet that really breathed fire, a petting zoo with every safe creature that you could think of, a mistress of disguises (who was actually Tonks wearing funny glasses), and Harry sitting on the couch with a pyramid of presents towering behind him.

“Happy birthday, kids!” Harry said sending red and gold sparks into the air with his wand.

“Awesome!” Lance said.

“Ooooooh,” Lily and Sammy said.

“Your friends are on their way,” Ginny said. “They should be here any…”

The doorbell cut Ginny off as she rushed off to answer the front door.

Moments later, ten children filed into the room and stared in awe at what was before them.

“Well, don’t just stand there, children; have at it!” Harry said.

Lily, Sammy, and their friends hurried over to the petting zoo to see the Clabberts and the Mooncalves while the Lance and his posse hurried over to watch the hilarious puppets put on a show.

“Oh good. They seem to be enjoying themselves,” Ginny said standing next to her husband and watching her daughter hug a Mooncalf.

“Of course they are,” Harry said putting an arm around Ginny. “You were the one who came up with the idea.”

The parents smiled at each other as they watched the children laugh and enjoy themselves at the twins’ birthday.

Hours later, Harry and Ginny were cleaning up the trash from the party when Lily and Lance entered the room.

“Mommy, Daddy,” Lily said.

“Yes dears; what is it?” Ginny asked she Vanished a pile of wrapping paper in the corner.

Together, the children said, “Thank you for the awesome party!”

“You are ever so welcome! Happy fifth birthday,” Ginny said.

“Daddy, I have a question,” Lance said stepping forward.

“What is it, son?” Harry asked sitting down on the couch.

“One of my friends kept saying how cool it was that you were my daddy and kept asking me what it was like. Do you know what he meant?” Lance asked.

Harry looked to Ginny, whose eyes had widened slightly at his question.

To cover for the strange silence, he grinned at his son and replied, “That, my little Potters, is a question for another day.”

Back to index


Chapter 5: Chapter 5: The Question Answered

Author's Notes: It's taken me FOREVER to post this chapter I know, but school has consumed the better portion of my time. I have, however, finally posted, so to all I bid you good reading with the humble request of a review or two. And please, any inconsistencies you find are better left ignored, because an author writes what he or she writes.


[Four Years Later]

Ginny sat on her bed with the late spring sun illuminating the entire room as she gazed through a photo album that was full of pictures from all nine of the twins’ birthdays as well as every happy moment, every laugh, and every memorable moment with the ones she held closest to her heart.

As she came across a particular picture of her daughter giggling at her fourth birthday party, her face covered in chocolate cake, the present-day Lily knocked at her bedroom door.

“Mummy, may I come in?” she asked.

“Of course, dear,” Ginny replied.

As Lily entered and walked towards the bed, Ginny accessed just how much her daughter had grown over the years.

She was no longer her little baby in her arms anymore. She was slowly turning into a mature teenage witch, having asked to pick out her own clothes, to go places by herself, and of course things about dating.

More curious, though, was the fact that she seemed to be taking extra time to close the door, as if she were scared she would break it.

When Lily sat down, Ginny asked, “What’s on your mind, sweetie?”

“Well, do you remember the question Lance asked Dad a few years ago about his past?" Lily replied. "I was wondering if you’d tell me the answer.”

“Of course, but if your brother would like to know as well, he had best start remembering that his father‘s cloak is best used without making a sound,” Ginny said grinning as she turned to face her dresser. “You can come out now, Lance.”

Lance appeared in front of the chest of drawers from under Harry‘s Invisibility Cloak.

“How’d you know I was there?” Lance asked.

Ginny laughed. “After the number of times your father and I snuck around Hogwarts, you tend to pick up the smallest of noises. Now come and sit by your mother.”

Lance crossed the room and sat opposite his sister. He too had started on his path to being as great a wizard as his father, already being able to summon toys from across the yard.

Ginny began telling her two children their father’s legacy as both The Boy Who Lived and The Chosen One, starting with how he’d received his scar (“I always wondered about that!” Lily exclaimed) and later moving on to how he’d learned about Voldemort and his past, how he encountered Voldemort throughout his years at Hogwarts, and how he finally destroyed Voldemort with the very spell that saved him at Voldemort‘s revival.

When she finished, Lance and Lily looked at each other in shock before turning to their mother and yelling, “AWESOME!!”

“Our dad rocks!” Lance said.

“Why didn’t he tell us before?” Lily asked.

“I’m not sure,” Ginny said, wondering her self why Harry had not told this personally. “Why don’t you two go and ask him? He’s in the back fiddling with his broomsticks again.”

In a flash, both children were off the bed and out of the room headed for the backyard, leaving Ginny to return to her pictures and reminisce about her past with Harry.

Once the children reached the backyard, Lance called out, “Dad! We need to ask you about…”

He stopped and looked around. Harry was nowhere to be found.

“Up here, you two!” a familiar voice called from above.

Lily and Lance looked up to see their father zooming in on his Firebolt. He dove down and pulled up into a flip landing.

“Dad, that was amazing!” Lily said as the kids ran up to meet him.

“Thanks, Lil,” Harry said. “Now that I think about it, you two have never flown on a broom before, have you?”

They both shook their head.

“Well, there’s no way the children of Harry Potter, the greatest Seeker to Gryffindor House, are going to have no experience astride a broomstick!” Harry said. “Who wants a fly-around?”

Two hands shot into the air.

“Alright. I think you might want to wait on the Firebolts though; they‘re a little jumpy. No, something slower, maybe,” Harry said before raising his wand. “Accio Nimbus 2000s.”

Two brooms flew into view from the Flying Track and headed towards Harry. Harry dropped his own broom and caught the two as they descended, one in each hand.

“Catch, you two,” Harry said tossing a broom to each of his children before picking his own off of the ground.

They caught the brooms and swung their legs over them.

“First, you pull up on the front of the broom ever-so slightly to lift off of the ground and hold the broom steady to remain airborne just above the ground,” Harry said.

Lily executed this perfectly lifting off of the ground and hovering.

Lance, on the other hand, shot up into the air and started zigzagging all over the place.

“Lance!” Lily screamed, dropping back to the earth.

“I’m on it!” Harry yelled turning around and shooting into the air in a flash, bolting off and heading for Lance, at the same time pulling out his wand and taking aim and the fidgety broom.

“Immobulus!” Harry called firing the Freezing Spell from his wand at Lance.

The broom froze in midair. Harry pulled up to Lance and said, “Howdy, there; need a lift?”

“Ha ha; very funny, Dad," Lance wined, unable to move due to the spell. "Just get me down!”

Harry helped Lance onto his own broom before grabbing the Nimbus 2000 and soaring back down to the ground.

“Are you okay?” Lily asked running up to the landing broomstick, tears apparent from her worry.

“I’m fine, Lil" Lance said. "Thanks for caring though”

Lily pulled Lance a big hug and resumed crying.

“Don’t ever scare me like that again, you hear me?!” she sobbed

“I’ll try my best, sis,” Lance said hugging her back and rubbing her back comforting his sister.

Harry looked to his bedroom window to see Ginny watching the whole fiasco of a broom riding lesson and smiling. Harry knew that they were both thinking the same thing: ‘We’ve done something right with these two.’

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=12656