Fake It by Celtics534



Summary: What do you do when your friends won't stop making fun of you for still being a virgin? You go find a man and shag his brains out, right? Well, at least you fake it.
Rating: PG-13 starstarstarstarhalf-star
Categories: Alternate Universe, Post-DH/AB
Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 2018.07.04
Updated: 2018.10.12


Fake It by Celtics534
Chapter 5: Chapter 5
Author's Notes:

“Come on, Harry,” Ginny whined, giving her boyfriend her best pouty face. “You know you want to.”

Harry snorted, but a small smile started to tug at the corner of his mouth. “Actually, I think I know you want to. Me, however…” He gave her a little shrug.

“It’s just one party. We can go and leave after an hour. Two tops.” Ginny caressed his stubbled cheek. “I’ll make it worth your while.”

“Huh,” the look in Harry’s eyes should have been made a lethal weapon. “And how would you propose doing that?”

Ginny let a seductive smirk form on her lips as she moved them closer to his ear. “Three words: homemade treacle tart.” She lightly nibbled on his earlobe at the final word. She could feel his body shudder at her ministrations.

“Uhh,” Harry’s brain seemed to have shut down even more as Ginny focused her attention down his jawline, over to his neck where she found his pulse point. “Fine.”

“I knew you would see it my way,” Ginny moved her mouth to his. Harry pressed forward, guiding Ginny against the kitchen counter.

Ginny thought it would be much harder to convince Harry to be her date to the Harpies “party before finals” celebration. Apparently her famous, Auror boyfriend did have a price, and not a steep one at that.

Harry moved his mouth to a pulse point on Ginny’s neck, making her moan happily. For as inexperienced as Harry claimed to be, he did a damn good job at finding Ginny’s weak spots.

Suddenly, Harry pulled back, making Ginny begroan the loss of his ministrations. “When is this party?” His eyes, which had been slightly hooded and cloudy, had become laser focused.

“Oh,” Ginny tried to keep her expression guiltless. “Tonight… at six… Dress robes suggested.”

Harry groaned and let his head fall onto her shoulder. Though his voice was muffled by her body, Ginny could hear his hatred for everything to do with the formal wear.

Ginny laughed and used her hand to lift Harry’s head. “It won’t be so bad. Besides,” she moved her lips to his ear. “I’m sure you’ll look very sexy.”

Harry snorted, but Ginny could feel his heart hammer in his chest. “No doubt, Sirius raised no slouch.” He pulled slight back, so he could look into her face. “Wait, does that mean you’re going to be all dressed up as well?”

Ginny smirked at him, following his train of thought. “It just so happens that, yes, I’ll be wearing some of my Sunday best. Remember that dress I bought last week when we were shopping?” It was a sleek black little number that showed of just the perfect amount of leg.

Harry’s eyes nearly bugged out of his head. “You were planning on wearing that in public.”

Ginny couldn’t stop herself from snorting, even if she wanted too. “Well, I wasn’t planning on wearing to sleep in, now was I?”

Well, maybe I would wear it into the bedroom. Huh, not a bad idea for tonight, Ginny thought coquettishly.

She smiled at Harry, who seemed to be using is imagination, just like she had been. “Why don’t you head to work, and if the day gets dull, just imagine that dress.” Ginny press a final searing kiss to Harry’s lips and ducked around his arms, heading to the fireplace and calling out her flat’s name. She had a treacle tart to make before six tonight.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Harry slowly pulled the tail end of his tie out of the knot. He hated dressing up. If he had it his way he would wear Muggle jeans and a tee shirt, but of course the Harpies had other ideas. Ginny claimed it was because they wanted to show off their, and he was quoting here, “nice arses in their little black dresses.” Harry was all for seeing Ginny in a nice little number, but no one really cared about his arse, so why should he dress up?

Sirius, of course, had laughed at this question and his only response was, “Happy wife, happy life; which is why I never married. I’ll just keep me happy and out of dress robes.”

Now, here he was two hours later, trying to make the knot in his tie look halfway decent. This was something he had always hated about working at the Ministry. They always threw fancy parties where he was expected, with heavy emphasis on expected, play the part of the youngest Auror to become a supervisor, and dress the part. However… this was for Ginny and he’d be damned if he missed a chance to see her in her little black number.

The sound of his Floo starting alerted Harry to his caller. He stopped fiddling with his tie, leaving it slightly crooked on his collar, it wasn’t worth all the fuss really. He walked out of his bedroom, towards the small fireplace in the sitting room.

Ginny’s freckles were distinguishable even through the flames. “Hey,” her smile was enough to send butterflies through his stomach. “You look good. Am I good to come through?”

“Sure,” Harry watched Ginny pull her head away, then two seconds later she was in his flat.

“I like this tie,” Ginny claimed as she stuck her landing and approached him. She lightly gripped it between her forefinger and thumb. “And it matches my outfit.”

Not that Harry really knew much about planning outfits or matching clothing, but he had noticed how incredible Ginny looked in her knee-length dress. It clung to her curves perfectly and the dark shade worked so well with the vibrant red of her hair. When she had bought it, she claimed he would see it one day, but Merlin, he wasn’t prepared for it and all its glory. Harry had chosen the black tie with a small golden Snitch at the bottom, because it was simple and seemed fitting, but this worked too.

Ginny tighten her grip on the article of clothing in question and used it to pull his neck down so his nose was touching hers. “Good choice, Mr. Potter.” She connected her lips to his. Her lips were always like a drug to him, but tonight between her scent and the strawberry lip-gloss she had on… Merlin, he was a goner.

Harry let his hands fall onto Ginny’s hips, slowly rubbing small circles into the fabric of her dress. The satin felt incredible to the touch. Ginny let out a small noise that seemed to fuel Harry. He moved his hands gradually up her taut core and allowed his hands to cup just under her breasts.

“Harry,” Ginny’s voice was husky as she pulled away from him, making Harry turn his attention to her neck, her eyelids fluttering on the brink of closure. “Don’t start something we can’t finish.”

Harry, for his part, could practically hear his heart pound against his chest. “Oh,” he kept his voice low as he methodically moved his lips up Ginny’s jaw towards her ear. “I have every intention of both of us finishing.”

Ginny snorted. “Big talk there, Harry.”

“Do you doubt me?” Harry asked as he deliberately moved them towards the wall, leaning her back against the dark blue wallpaper.

“Well, I have it on good authority that you have little experience in his field, no references whatsoever, but Merlin, are you giving a great example,” Ginny seemed to have decided to turn the tables on him. She placed her hands on his chest, pushing him slightly away from her body, only until she had made it so he was against the way. “We really don’t have the time for this right now,” she murmured next to his ear as she lightly peppered that one spot behind his ear with kisses.

“You would think as wizards, we would come up with a way to work around time,” Harry complained, then groaned as Ginny completely removed herself from his personal bubble, smirking at him.

“Time-Turners, my dear, but good luck getting your hands on one for this reason,” she made her voice take on a posh turn. “I’m sorry, Mr. Potter. I can’t give you a Time-Turner, so you can go back in time and shag your unbelievably sexy girlfriend before her Quidditch event.”

Harry couldn’t stop himself from snorting. “I bet if I told his bloke who I was trying to shag…”

Ginny laughed out right. “Well, seeing as I think it’s my brother Percy who is in charge of releasing Time-Turners, I wish you luck in your endeavor.”

Harry flushed and grimaced. “Maybe not.”

Nodding her head sympathetically, Ginny readjusted her dress. “How about we head out to stadium now, and see how quickly we can escape?”

“It’s like you read my mind.” Harry kissed the top of Ginny’s head as he wrapped an arm around her waist.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Harry claimed a chair in the far corner of the Harpies’ press room, which had been decorated to look like, what Harry could assume, a school dance looked like. A table with food sat to one side with multiple tables placed around it. A section of the floor had been designated to dancing and a band that Harry had never heard of filled the room with their unparalleled sound.

The only thing that made Harry know for certain it wasn’t a school function, was the way the Harpies and their associates were dancing. There was no way any professor would allow their students to be, for a lack of a better word, grinding on one another. Harry could see Gwenog Jones seductively moving on her partner. The Harpies Beater was so close to her dance companion, Harry couldn’t tell where one started and the other ended.

“I figured I would find you here,” Ginny muttered in his ear as she approached him from behind. She wrapped her arms over his shoulders and rested her chin on his head.

“Just waiting for you, my dear,” Harry put on a falsely dapper tone, making Ginny snort in an un-ladylike fashion.

“More like hiding from any wandering eyes. Trust me, no one will come and try to sink their nails into you. They know you’re mine,” Ginny grabbed one of the free chairs from another table and pulled it over, sitting as close as she could to Harry.

“Placing a stake in your claim?” Harry teased as Ginny rested her hand on his thigh.

“There’s no need,” Ginny smiled at him. “We Harpies are loyal to one another. Birds before blokes and all that. It’s basically an unspoken rule to never go after a fellow teammate’s man.” Ginny let her nails slightly dig into Harry’s skin. “My hand is here because I want it to be. Have a problem with that, Potter?”

“Not in the slightest,” Harry confessed. “Feel free to let your claws dig anywhere on me.”

Ginny smirked. “I may have to take you up on that,” she then turned her attention to her roommate and her date. They were talking to one another in hushed voices over in the opposite corner, their hands moving violently, and their faces were flushed. Harry had to assume that whatever they were discussing was not going well.

“That’s not good,” Ginny sighed. “Last time they fought like that they broke up for three weeks and Josie became the moodiest woman I had ever met. She literally snapped at me for chewing too loud, then promptly burst into tears and apologized to me and begged me to never leave her.”

Harry looked at her disbelievingly and slightly fearful. “Merlin! Why did she go so…” Harry wanted to say crazy, but he didn’t want to offend Ginny’s friend, but Ginny seemed to understand.

“Mental? She’s not very good at controlling her emotions. Typically, on the pitch, she uses it to fuel her game, making her play style become more… vicious. She never misses a shot when she’s angry.”

At that moment Josie kissed her boyfriend in such an intense manner Harry didn’t feel entirely comfortable being in the same room. Ginny, however, took it as a good sign. “Perfect, if they’ve made up, then I won’t have to deal with the fall out.”

Ginny turned to Harry, her eyes holding a hard boldness to them. “With that show, no one will notice if you and I happen to slip off for the night.”

Harry could feel his pulse start to speed up. “And where would we go?”

“Well,” Ginny tapped a finger to her chin in mock consideration. “I did promise you a homemade treacle tart and it just so happens there is one sitting on my kitchen counter right now.”

Harry stood up so quickly he was surprised his chair stayed up right. “Why didn’t you say that two hours ago?” He offered her a hand and helped her to her feet.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Harry groaned as he took a bite of the tart.

“Should I be worried that you’ll leave me for a pastry, Potter?” Ginny teased as she placed a glass of milk in front of him.

“No,” Harry swallowed. “I have a feeling it would be a flaky relationship. All take and no give.”

“There would be some give, just to your waist line,” Ginny took a forkful off her own plate.

Harry shrugged. They ate in a comfortable silence until Ginny asked, “So, it wasn’t such a bad party, now, was it?”

“Well, the food was good,” Harry said, “I don’t know about that music, though.”

“Hey, the Pixie Trolls have some good songs,” Ginny defended. Harry raised one eyebrow. “At least that’s what I’ve been told,” Ginny atoned.

Harry sniggered. A speckle of crumbs resting on the corner of Ginny’s lips, had become extremely distracting for Harry. He couldn’t help but wonder what the combination of his favorite pudding and Ginny would be like.

Ginny didn’t seem to have notice Harry’s dilemma, as she had continued to speak. “Josie is sure to be - “

Harry couldn’t pretend to listen any more. He moved his chair close to hers and moved his mouth over hers. Ginny didn’t protest once she understood what was happening, she wrapped her arms around his neck and deepen the kiss, letting her hands run through his hair.

They started to press their bodies tightly to one another, as closely as they could in separate chairs. Harry decided it wasn’t enough, however. He started to stand, lifting Ginny’s head with him with his hand, making sure their lips stayed connected.

Finally, they were both standing, mouths still linked. Harry then pressed Ginny into the table, so he could press his body closer to hers without worrying about how much pressure he used. Ginny, for her part, lifted herself onto the table so she was sitting, and slightly higher up, making it easier for Harry.

She moved her hands across his shoulders, down his chest and to the waistband of his trousers. She tugged his shirt loose, and let her hands roam underneath it, touching his bare skin, and sending goosepimples across his body.

“Would you like to spend the night?” Ginny asked lowly, as she tore her mouth from his and gave his neck attention.

“Oh, so much,” Harry practically moaned as she sucked on her pressure point.

“Let’s go to my room, then,” Ginny deliberately moved her lips from his neck back to his mouth, giving him a kiss that promised all that and more.

It seemed perfect to Harry. They had come back from the party only slightly tipsy, still able to make proper judgement calls. Not to mention she looked, smelled, and tasted so bloody good. Yeah, this seemed like the perfect time.

Harry helped Ginny lower herself to the floor and let her lead him towards her room, pausing only to kiss her every so often. They were half way through the hall when the front door slammed so violently, Harry could hear a something fall from the wall and land onto the floor.

It didn’t take a genius to guess who it was. Josie came into the hall, not even acknowledging the couple and went into her room, crashing the door behind her.

Harry could hear Ginny murmur a word that would have upset her mother under her breath. “I’m sorry, Harry,” Ginny looked at him with an upset and pleading look. “I need to check on her. Give me five minutes. I’ll come out as soon as I can.” Then she went over to her roommate’s door and knocked. It took about two seconds for Josie to open the door a slit. Once she saw it was Ginny she let in the red-head, closing the door behind them.

Harry went back into the kitchen, trying to calm down his body. So much for perfect, Harry thought bitterly as he took another piece of the treacle tart. Every time he came anywhere close to going to the next level with Ginny, something happened, or someone interrupted. Well, at least since he had felt ready to take it to the next level. How could some guys sleep with a different woman every night, but Harry couldn’t even get the chance to be with his girlfriend once?

He heard the sound of Josie’s door open and close again and waited for Ginny to find him. It only took a second, and from the look on Ginny’s face Harry could tell it wasn’t good.

“Kevin broke up with her, because he doesn’t want to deal with her being playoff schedule.” Ginny explained taking her previously vacant seat and taking a forkful of Harry’s tart.

Harry looked at her puzzled. “What’s the difference between playoff schedule and regular?”

“Gwen is much more strict during playoffs. She wants our lives to be eat, sleep, Quidditch. No parties, or late nights at the pub, or late nights with boyfriends… She wants us at top form.” She turned slightly pink. “That’s why tonight was so…”

“Perfect,” Harry amended, nodding and letting out a deep sigh. “Yeah, I thought so too, but I didn’t know about the schedule.”

Ginny let her head fall back and glared at the ceiling. “Damn Kevin.”

Harry picked up his milk glass from earlier and raised it in a mock cheer. “Damn Kevin.”

Ginny laughed and looked at Harry. “I have one free night this coming week, Wednesday. Are you free?”

Harry went over his mental calendar and groaned out loud. “I have to head to Ireland for a seminar and won’t be back until late.”

“And I’ll be in bed before eight,” Ginny sighed. “So, the next time I’ll see you will be after the game.”

“Only a few games before you win a world championship,” Harry leaned in and gave her a light, but meaningful kiss. “You’re well worth the wait.”

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=130287