My Own Padfoot by Marauder Evans



Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Harry needs to find a way to protect Ginny. Which method does he use? Ginny, on the other hand, has gotten a new pet. And why does Harry seem to be popping up around the castle wherever she is? She doesn’t need protection! She has Padfoot to protect her from danger. Or is it really Padfoot who’s protecting her?
Rating: R starstarstarstarstar
Categories: Alternate Universe
Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Published: 2007.03.24
Updated: 2007.09.30


Index

Chapter 1: My Own Padfoot
Chapter 2: The Grim
Chapter 3: What? Cat Got Your Tongue?
Chapter 4: The Worthless Fight


Chapter 1: My Own Padfoot

Author's Notes: Thank you Kim for the editing after all of that confusion. And Jess for all the help with the dog!

I'll give everyone who a large chocolate chip cookie if they can guess how long it's going to take Ginny to figure out who Pafoot is. This is Ginny's seventh year for you all to figure out the time line.


My Own Padfoot

***


Ginny Weasley was walking as fast as she was able towards the Hogwarts castle. She’d been serving detention on the Quidditch pitch with Madam Hooch, cleaning the brooms. It was close to midnight now as Ginny was heading towards her warm bed. Oh damn it! She thought to herself. She still had to write a Potions essay. Damn Snape and his six scrolls of parchment!

She saw the smoke rising from Hagrid’s hut. She shivered, pulling her robes tighter as the cold wind puffed at her. Ginny felt something wet land on her forehead. Looking up, she noticed it was beginning to rain as the big raindrops started to pour down on her. Ginny squealed and started running towards the castle. Just my own luck! Had to rain, didn’t it?!

Ginny quickly scrambled inside the castle, strands of hair plastered to her flushed face. Ginny sighed once she was inside, but a faint scratching noise caught her attention. She raised her eyebrow at the door, muttering to herself that she was loosing her mind. She soon heard the scratching sounds again, along with a bark, as well. Ginny quickly looked around to see if any teachers were in the area, especially McGonagall, who seemed to be going through menopause this year.

As she opened the door, a wet black object darted inside, making her yelp in surprise as she tripped backwards. Ginny raised her wand at the vague object in front of her. To her surprise the object braced itself on its two front paws and shook his wet fur, sending all the water splashing in Ginny’s direction, who tried helplessly to block it.

“Oh, honestly! Did you have to dry yourself in front of me?” Ginny yelped half-mockingly to the now recognizable dog who just sat on his back paws, gazing at Ginny with mild interest.

Ginny smiled when she saw the dog lay on the ground, breathing rapidly as his tongue slid from his mouth. Cute little fellow he is….Reminds me of Sirius.

She stuck out her hand to the dog, cocking her head sideways as she watched the dog raise his head in interest before getting up and making his way to her.

God, she smells heavenly! The dog thought to himself, slowly walking over to Ginny’s extended hand. The dog sniffed her hand evenly before he licked it, hearing Ginny giggle. He nudged her hand softly with his nose before leaping at her, giving her a wet lick. He heard Ginny squeal in response but stayed in her place.

Ginny wrinkled her nose at the dog. His tongue was somewhere between sandpapers and something slimy but she couldn’t mistake all the drool that dripped down her cheek. Ginny sighed, smiling slightly at the dog as she watched his tail wag excitedly while she rubbed the back of his ears. Aww, he’s so adorable! I wonder if I’m allowed to keep him…

No, you can’t; this is Hogwarts and McGonagall will kill you!

Ack, who gives? She’s going through menopause; she’s too emotional to handle me! He stays!


The dog grinned as he saw Ginny looked at him with awe and soon enough she was planting kisses in his face and managed to bring him down with one touch of his stomach. The dog rolled onto his stomach gazing at expectantly at Ginny, who grinned.

“Oh, so you want me to rub your tummy, huh? Well, of course, I’ll do it, you cute little adorable doggy woggy! Oh yes you are, a coochie coo!”

Ginny kept cooing at the dog, who was barking excitedly as Ginny blew raspberries onto his stomach and rubbed it in turn. “Who’s the cutest little doggy in the world? Oh yes you are!”

Oh if she could only hear herself right now! But I’m not complaining, ooh you just hit my sensitive spot!

Ginny grinned when she saw the dog relax. Looking down, she noticed that it was a male and blushed at the inspection she had performed. Ginny smiled to herself as she realized the sudden affection she had for the dog she had just met ten minutes ago. Ginny’d never had a dog; she’d had a cat, some owls, a rat and even chickens, but never a dog. She had always wanted one, but seeing as her stupid brother Ronald was allergic to them, they weren’t allowed to have any. Ginny smiled. Finally she was going to have her own dog. Besides, I’m seventeen, it’s not like Mum can say anything…Well for now.

Ginny suddenly glanced at her watch, gasping at the time. It was half past midnight. She swore. She looked at the dog, having a mental discussion to bring him or leave him outside. She sighed. She couldn’t do that to a poor dog. He might freeze to death! Ginny let her Molly gene take over. I’ll take care of the dog through sickness and in health till Voldemort do us part or death, however it went.

“Come on, let’s go. You’re staying with me from now on.” Ginny beckoned the dog to follow her up the stairs as he did. “We’d better hurry; I think Filch and Mrs. Norris patrol the halls around midnight.”

The dog understood quickly that Filch and Mrs. Norris weren’t a good thing. The dog followed Ginny all the way until he reached a portrait containing three ladies with friendly smiles towards Ginny. She whispered the password, calling him on the way.

The room was covered in red and gold wallpaper, along with one or two photos of Ginny and her family or a girl with bushy hair and a boy with green eyes. There was a fireplace, surrounded by loveseats and comfy armchairs. He told himself we would have to try those out later. He saw Ginny walk into another room, so he followed. He was greeted by a big four-poster bed with another fireplace and a loveseat. Ginny’s sheets were silky blue with a purple mantle covering them.

Ok, so she’s Head Girl...

The dog immediately jumped on the bed, twirling around until he found a good spot. He saw Ginny roll her eyes at him as she dived in her trunk, throwing a few books on her bed carelessly. She sighed and climbed on the bed next to the dog. She looked at him and smiled. “You know, I’ve got a name for you…”

Oh Really? What is it?

Ginny smiled. “I’m going to name you Padfoot.”

The dog covered his paws in front of his face which made Ginny laugh.

“You’ll be my own Padfoot. How does that sound? Better?” Ginny grinned as the dog barked in response. “Good, now Ginny here has to do some homework or she’ll be getting detention from Professor Snape. So, please don’t be a sin. I can’t handle more than one at the moment, OK?”

Padfoot barked, resting his head on one of her pillows. Ginny sighed dramatically. “Ok, here we go…”

Padfoot watched Ginny work, once in a while seeking some attention and getting snapped at by Ginny, who would apologize immediately and return to her work. It was about half past one now and Ginny looked like she wasn’t anywhere near the end. Padfoot jumped off of the bed, this going unnoticed by Ginny, who was too busy searching for words in a thick book as he strolled into the room he had first entered.

He jumped up on one of the chairs by the fireplace, sprawling out carelessly as he did. No, this one isn’t comfortable. Padfoot leaped on the loveseat, relaxing into the soft plump cushions, smiling, satisfied with his seat. He sniffed the couch regularly, smelling no trace that anyone had been here besides Ginny. Padfoot sighed; he missed her aroma so much it seemed as if it’d been years since he had last smelled her scent.

But then again, the other females weren’t as good-smelling as she. He really and truly –

“Pads? Where are you? Come here, time for bed!” Ginny’s voice broke off his thoughts as he jumped off the couch, making sure to roll over in it a couple of times to mark his territory.

I’ll pee on that later…

Ginny smiled brightly as he entered the room, patting a large space on the right of her. Padfoot frowned. I don’t want the right side. I want the left side!

Ginny noticed his silence and rolled her eyes. “What’s the matter? I’m not up for discussion tonight, I’m tired. So it’s either you sleep on the floor or the right side of the bed!”

Padfoot swore. I’ll just plant myself on the left side next time. He jumped on the bed, making sure to sprawl out, his pointy, hard nails grazing Ginny’s skin.

Ginny flicked off the light with her hand, leaving only the moonlight to reflect in the room. She smiled softly, her head resting on her pillow as she looked at Padfoot’s eyes. There was something familiar about his eyes. They were green…just as green as Harry’s.

“You know, your eyes look like a friend of mine’s. His eyes are just as green as yours.” Ginny said softly.

Padfoot looked at her, laying his head only inches away from hers. Really? Tell me more about him, would you?

And as if she read his mind Ginny started talking about her friend.

“His name’s Harry, Harry Potter, he’s about seventeen now,” Ginny said as she twirled Padfoot’s hair in curls. “He’s really cute you know….We used to be together, but not anymore. He’s gone out to save the world for a bit. Ironic, huh?”

Padfoot gave her an affectionate lick as Ginny smiled. “Thanks. It’s not that bad. I just miss him, that’s all.” Ginny smiled and conjured a picture of her and Harry looking up at each other.

“That’s him, the deviously handsome, messy-haired, green-eyed, cute-lipped, tight arse,” Padfoot gasped. “Oh if he only knew the things I would want to do with that body!”

Padfoot stared at her in shock. No way! How could she say such things?! Well, not that I’m denying anything…Get a grip, Padfoot! Ok, breathe, she’s just talking about some other bloke…Wait, what is she doing talking about some other bloke?!

Ginny was blushing now. “You must think I’m obsessed. Well, I’m not. Listen up, Padfoot. You’re not allowed to tell anyone this, ok?”

Padfoot barked in response. Your secret’s safe with me…

Ginny smiled to herself, satisfied. “You know, since Harry’s body parts are the main topic here, did I mention he was a bloody good kisser too!”

I’ll be sure to give him that message when I see him…

Ginny smiled softly. “If I could only kiss those soft lips again.” Ginny bit her lip softly before continuing. “I miss him, you know, I wish he would come to Hogwarts soon, just for at least two minutes. That’s enough time for a good shag, right?”

Padfoot snorted and smiled softly, grumbling out a small bark in response. “Yeah, I thought so too. He sometimes writes to me, but I’ve hardly heard anything from him since my seventeenth birthday. Maybe I should throw myself in front of the Whomping Willow and end up at St. Mungo’s! Maybe he’ll visit me!”

Padfoot chuckled to himself. Only you would think of something like that…It might work, you know…

She looked at Padfoot and frowned. “Sorry for the rambling, I always tend to talk a lot.”

Really? I haven’t noticed…

“Come on, let’s go to sleep. Tomorrow’s going to be a busy day!” Ginny stated and pulled the covers over both her and Padfoot.

“’Night, Paddy.” Ginny said, planting a kiss on Padfoot’s head, who barked in response.

‘Night, gorgeous.

Ginny soon drifted off to sleep, snuggling Padfoot close to her chest.

Padfoot grinned. He was on cloud number nine!

***


Ginny was awakened by the feeling of sharp nails piercing in her skin. She turned, almost jumping out of her skin as she saw Padfoot sleeping as well as stretching next to her. She smiled, slipping out of bed and scowled when she saw Padfoot immediately take over more space on the bed.

She looked at her watch, noticing it was only five-thirty, before sighing. She walked out of her bedroom and was greeted by the sight of Hedwig with a letter tied to her legs. Ginny smiled, walking over to Hedwig, stroking her feathers softly. “Hey girl, you’ve got a letter from Harry for me?”

Hedwig hooted, sticking out her leg so that Ginny could untie the letter. Ginny gave Hedwig some treats before the owl could complain and settled herself on the loveseat close to the fireplace.

Dear Ginny,

How are you? I know it’s a stupid question, but really, how are you? I’m doing great so far. Ron and Hermione are making progress in their undiscovered relationship. We haven’t found anything special yet so it looks like we’ll be coming home in a bit. Well, Ron and Hermione, for the matter. I’ve got other business to attend to. I hope you don’t mind. I really want to see you again but we both know what happens when we talk or see each other...

I just wanted to let you know that I’m coming to Hogwarts this Christmas, well earlier actually, but it’s mostly for Order business so you won’t see me around very much. I’ve got a surprise for you, as well!

Yours only,

HP


Ginny groaned, throwing the letter into the fire. What kind of letter was that? She would’ve at least expected something more fluffy or declaring his undying love for her so she could hate him! Honestly?! Why couldn’t Harry be more like a dog? They’re so easy!

What’s the difference?

First of all, dogs don’t have problems expressing their feelings! Look at Padfoot! He loves me and he’s only known me for half a day!

Second, dogs actually feel guilty when they’ve done something wrong and I doubt Harry’s feeling guilty.

Third, dogs are easy to train! They understand what ‘no’ means and they’re easy to buy for! Why can’t I train Harry to obey me? It would be much easier if I had more power of him!

Fourth, oh, this is a good one. Dogs are very direct when they want to go out!


They have to do their business, you know…

Who gives? And last but not least, dogs don’t play games with you! Well, except fetch or something…

Ginny sighed, stood, and marched back to her bedroom. She snorted when she saw that Padfoot was now totally sprawled out on the bed. How men and dogs are alike - Number one: they take up too much space on the bed…

Ginny sighed and walked into the bathroom. Yay, time to get ready for class…

Padfoot sighed as he saw Ginny walk into her bathroom. Ok, so my plan didn’t work. Time for Plan B…

He cringed, hearing Ginny’s singing in the shower. Really! Do they always have to sing in the shower?!

Padfoot buried his head under the pillows as Ginny starting singing louder. Merlin, make it stop! Make it stop! I promise I won’t pee on Snape’s cloaks anymore!

***


“Padfoot, come on, boy! We’ve got to hurry before someone sees you.” Ginny told Padfoot as they climbed down the stairs. Nobody would be strolling around the corridors at this time. They were either waking up or trying to, at least.

Ginny had told Padfoot she couldn’t leave him in her room because he was bound to be discovered. Padfoot had sighed but obeyed her nonetheless. He wasn’t quite fond of going out in the icy weather of November. Ginny had promised him that she would let him in during her free periods and after dinner so he could sleep with her again.

Ginny pulled open the door, shivering as she met the cold wind. Padfoot travelled backwards, not wanting to go outside. Ginny frowned sadly. “Come on, Pads. I know you don’t want to go outside, but I can’t find anywhere to put you.”

Oh, come on Ginny. Let me stay in your bedroom! I promise I’ll hide under the bed when the Death Eaters comes!

Ginny sighed. “I can’t let you in my room because someone might walk in. My friends know the pass and so does Dumbledore. Hmm, I’ve got an idea. Come on…”

Padfoot quickly followed Ginny until they stopped at a gargoyle as Ginny whispered the password. They walked up the stairs until Padfoot collided with Ginny when she stopped abruptly, knocking softly on the door.

“Come in…”

“Stay here, Padfoot.” Ginny whispered before she entered the room. “Morning, Professor.”

Albus gave Ginny a warm smile and offered her some Lemon Drops, which she gladly took. “So, tell me, Miss Weasley. To what do I owe this early visit?”

Ginny smiled, biting her lip. “Well, I’m sorry to bother you so early, but I’ve got a little bit of a problem….You see, last night when I was coming from detention I came across a, well — I — actually, you see, I found this dog, wandering - no wait.”

She sighed. “Last night when I was coming from detention, this dog was outside in the rain so I let him in and then I took him back to my room and all, but I don’t want to let him out, because it’s much too cold for that so I was wondering: canIkeepthedogplease?”

Albus raised his eyebrows, still smiling good-naturedly. “I’m sorry, Miss Weasley, what was that last bit?”

Ginny took a deep breath, fidgeting with her hands slightly. “I asked if I could keep him.”

Albus frowned a bit, leaning forward so that his half-moon glasses slid to the end of his nose. “Are you willing to take full responsibility?”

She nodded, looking at him hopeful. “Yes, sir.”

Albus smiled and shrugged. “Then I see no difficulties with you keeping him.”

Ginny gasped, jumping out of her seat. “Really! I can keep him!”

Albus smiled and nodded. He heard Ginny squeal before she ran to the door and opened it. A big shaggy black dog entered his office. Albus smiled knowingly into the dog’s bright green eyes. The dark barked at him as Albus patted him softly.

“His name’s Padfoot. I called him that ‘cause he looks a bit like Sirius in his dog form, doesn’t he?” Ginny told him excitedly as Padfoot walked back over to her, nuzzling his head between her feet.

Albus nodded in consent. “A wonderful name, Miss Weasley; Padfoot: a true Marauder.” Dumbledore’s eyes twinkled towards the dog knowingly.

“Now, I suggest you head towards breakfast, oh, and Miss Weasley?”

“Yes?”

“I suggest you keep a close eye on…Padfoot. He doesn’t seem as innocent as he looks.” Dumbledore told her, grinning casually as Padfoot turned his nose up in Albus’ direction.

“Of course, sir. Come on, Pads, lets go.” Ginny beckoned Padfoot over as they walked out Dumbledore’s office.

Albus smiled knowingly. He wondered what Padfoot was up to now…

Back to index


Chapter 2: The Grim

Author's Notes: Sorry took so long! Exams blew into my face! Enjoy this one!


My Own Padfoot
The Grim

***


Padfoot paced through Ginny’s room. What to do?

Ginny had locked him up in her room, leaving a warning that he’d murdered if he broke anything. He really didn’t know what to do in Ginny’s room. Of course, he could chew her shoes, pee in every corner, or rip out all of the feathers in her pillow, but then he would get kicked out or even get Bat-Bogeyed. Padfoot sighed; the only way to get out of here was to transform into his human self, but then he would be discovered.

Well, you did tell Ginny you were going to come early…

Padfoot concentrated hard: green-eyed, blind bloke with messy raven hair…

As his body started to renovate he saw his dog form disappear until a boy with a 6’2 body, well-sculpted chest, green eyes and messy raven hair appeared. Harry wrinkled his nose when he saw that his vision was a total blur. He conjured his glasses, putting them on, now noticing that he was only in a pair of boxers.

He conjured a few of Ginny’s clothes before transforming them into men’s wear. Harry could only imagine what Ginny would say if she was in the room. Too late. Harry heard the unlocking of the door, followed by clicking heels and Ginny’s voice that rang through his ears with fear.

“Pads? Padfoot? Come here boy!” Ginny stepped through the portrait hole, dropping her bags and cloak on the couch as she made her way towards the bedroom.

Harry gasped. He was trying desperately to turn but he just couldn’t. Harry did the only thing he could think of: hide in her closet. Harry scrambled into Ginny’s closet. It was just as broad as him, or maybe even smaller. Harry tried to swipe away the hangers and clothes that attacked him.

“Padfoot? What are you doing in there? What’s that noise?”

Harry gasped and froze when Ginny strolled in the room. I applaud you, Potter. So, about the burial invitations…. Harry felt his muscles tense and held his breath as Ginny walked by the closet.

Ginny furrowed her brows. She was sure she heard noises coming form her room. Maybe the lack of sleep’s getting to me. Ginny sighed before turning her direction to the bathroom.

Harry was straining now. He was holding three pairs of Ginny’s shoes over his face, a box of Merlin knows what on his back and if he moved they would both make noise or fall and make noise. Harry inhaled deeply and made the balance of the box shift, causing it to slide off Harry’s back. There was a loud crash followed by silence.

Through the tiny openings of the closet, he saw Ginny walk toward him with an amused smile on her face. “Pads, how did you get in there? I thought I closed it.”

Ginny pulled open the closet door –

“Hey, Ginny! Are you here? I saw the portrait open.” A deep voice called out as the individual entered the room.

Harry immediately scowled. What the hell was Michael Corner doing in Ginny’s bedroom? Harry saw Michael flash Ginny some flirty smiles, who blushed but gave him an expecting look. “Hey, what are you doing here?”

Michael grinned at her — Harry gagged and rolled his eyes — “I can’t visit my girlfriend anymore?”

Harry watched Michael sweep Ginny into his arms, kissing her passionately. Harry felt the monster within him boil with rage. Steady boy…. Harry’s eyes widened when he saw Michaels hand snake toward Ginny’s bum. That’s it!

Before Michael could feel any more of Ginny’s bum, a huge black dog leaped at him, teeth flashing with a deadly stare. Padfoot spared him no mercy; he launched his teeth in Michael’s pants, pulling with such force Michael couldn’t scramble away.

“Padfoot! NO!” Ginny started trying to pull Padfoot’s death grip off of Michael’s leg.

After a massive struggle, Michael’s jeans were ripped and Ginny was still struggling to hold Padfoot down to prevent him from attacking poor Michael, who just lost his nine lives.

Michael stood up hastily as Ginny rose up with him, sending him apologetic looks. Michael quickly ran out of the room, Ginny in tow. She stopped briefly and turned to Padfoot. “You’re so dead, mister. Wait till I get back!”

Padfoot watched Ginny rush off and grinned victoriously. He got what he deserved…

Moments later Padfoot heard a loud bang and fierce clicking of heels until he noticed Ginny standing in front of him with a furious expression, hands crossed over her chest.

“What were you thinking Padfoot? You could’ve killed him, ripped off his leg for all I know! Don’t you dare think you’re going to go unpunished for this, young man!”

Padfoot cringed, whimpering slightly before sinking down and covering his eyes with his paws. Dear Merlin, she sounds like Molly.

He soon felt a grasp close around the fur by his neck. Ginny was dragging him somewhere but he didn’t know where until the door came in sight. Padfoot frowned, She’s taking me outside?

Once Ginny was outside she pointed her finger towards Padfoot. “You’re staying outside today and you’re not coming in until I finish my rounds past midnight!”

Padfoot gasped. But — but what do I have to do without you? He immediately turned on the puppy-eye mode. He only received a swift of wind as Ginny closed the door in front of his face.

He snorted. How nice. Now boredom will take over me until I shrivel up and die! Padfoot’s head snapped up. What was that smell? I smell a cat!

After Padfoot had successfully chased down Mrs. Norris, wasting one of her lives, he happily strolled to the tower of Hogwarts. He climbed up the North Tower, nudging a few classrooms open with his nose. He found Professor Trelawney sitting at her desk, hands circling a white ball. He rolled his eyes and suddenly got an evil gleam in his eyes. Padfoot grinned and mutely slipped into the classroom.

Professor Trelawney didn’t seem to notice is presence, so Harry grinned, crawling forward. He could hear Trelawney’s humming getting louder.

When he was close enough Padfoot tapped his paw against her shoe. The Professor seemed to snap out of her Sight and looked down at the black dog, also known as…

“THE GRIM! ALBUS, IT’S THE GRIM!” Professor Trelawney sprang out of her chair and sprinted towards the door screaming at full volume.

“ALBUS, IT’S HERE! THE GRIM HAS COME. RUN!”

Ginny stood rooted on her spot. She saw Professor Trelawney pass her, running at full speed, followed by a big black dog, which was hers: Padfoot. Ginny watched as her Divination teacher ran down the corridor with Padfoot as her screams grew fainter.

Ginny quickly scurried up the stairs, repeating one line in her head.

That is not my dog….That is not my dog…

***


The cold breezy wind blew over the Hogwarts ground. The lake was frozen with a silky ice layer covering it. It was cold and no one dared to step a foot outside, except Padfoot, who had been thrown outside for the night by Ginny. She said she would come back for him after he’d cooled down.

He couldn’t see what he’d done wrong. All he had done was give Professor Trelawney a heart attack, attack Mrs. Norris, rip Michael’s jeans five times, chase after some innocent girls, scratch up some walls and pee on McGonagall’s robes. Now, honestly, what did he do wrong?

Padfoot decided to run around to warm himself. He ran toward Hagrid’s hut, running madly in circles around the house. While he was walking near the lake he saw a dark red flash run before his eyes. He quickly ran in the direction he last saw the flash.

Padfoot transformed and ran around the corner of the castle. He came face to face with a red cat. The cat seemed to recognize him, since it didn’t move. It was a red cat with a white collar around its neck. Harry walked toward the cat, who sniffed him affectionately.

Suddenly the cat jumped on Harry, jumping sideways before landing in front of him again, tail whipping excitedly. He grinned. So you want to play?

Harry played with the cat for hours to come; he teased it frequently before he would wrestle with it a bit. Seeing as the cat had such sharp teeth, he couldn’t be too rough before it attacked him. Harry sighed, petting the cat softly. Its fur was so red it reminded him of Ginny’s hair…and its eyes were just as hazel as hers.

He noticed the cat staring at him, purring at his ministrations. He smiled. “You must be a girl. You’re too beautiful to be a male. Aren’t you?”

The cat nudged Harry’s hand softly in response. He smiled and turned his attention to the lightning sky. He sighed. “I have to go before it’s too late. See you around, girl.”

The cat meowed and scurried towards him. Harry smiled, kneeling down to stroke her. “What? You don’t want me to go?”

The cat purred softly, seating itself on her back paws. Harry smiled when he saw the cat cock her head to the side. “Don’t give me that look. I promise I’ll see you soon, ok?”

The cat meowed loudly, clawing Harry’s pants as he frowned. “Hey, come on, don’t be sad. If you’re sad, I’m sad. Too bad I can’t take you into the castle with me.”

The cat’s head sprang up when he mentioned taking her inside Hogwarts. She meowed at him before running off towards the castle, meowing loudly for Harry to follow. Once Harry reached the castle he sighed at the cat who was sitting in front of the doors, looking at him expectantly. “I’m sorry girl, but if I take you in then someone might find out.”

Well, Ginny did the same, didn’t she? Besides, cats are allowed in the castle.

The cat inched closer to him, patting his leg with her paw and Harry gave in. “Ok, I’ll take you in. But only because I can’t let you stay out here in this cold.”

The cat hopped happily in front of him, making him laugh at her movements. He picked her up once they reached the staircase and tucked her inside his cloak, leaving only her head to pop out between the gaps.

He stopped in front of the Room of Requirement, thinking of a nice warm place to stay, until he heard a soft click. Harry walked inside the room. They were greeted by a red and orange colored room with a huge four-poster bed and a fire place not too far from it.

The cat jumped out of Harry’s cloak, landing on the bed before twirling in circles, snuggling herself on one of the pillows. Harry smiled, stripping his clothing before slipping into the bed beside her.

He stroked her softly as she purred with every movement. “You know…your fur reminds me of how soft her skin is. Your eyes are so brown they look like hers too. She’s just as pretty.” He scratched behind her ear. “She’s just as feisty.” Harry laughed when he stroked a bad spot causing the cat to jump and swat at him. “And just as forgiving.”

Harry trailed his hand up the cat’s spine that followed his hands movement. He smiled, picking her up and resting the cat on his chest who curled up against him. “You’re a cute little thing, you know?”

The cat purred loudly. Just as cute as her?

“Just as cute as her,” Harry said softly, his eyes fluttering close, still stroking the cat who was almost asleep.

Soon enough they both were sleeping soundly and Harry could only wonder why the aroma of flowers filled the room.

***


A/N: Ok, finally a update >< Read aboe my pathetic excuse, lol. My, my....now a cat? Looks like someone has their own secret =] Review plz!

Back to index


Chapter 3: What? Cat Got Your Tongue?

Author's Notes: Ok, been long since I updated, know, I haven't updated in ages, but seeing I'm having some problems it'll take a while, so please be patient! My little sister got in a car accident and I'm taking care of her. Broke her back in two places - thank Merlin she's not paralyzed. So, I'll try to update as soon as I can!


My Own Padfoot
Cat Got Your Tongue

***


“She’ll be in Hogsmeade, my Lord.”

The voice sounded shrill and cold as it snarled towards him. “You foolish child. You were going to kidnap her in Hogsmeade while she is surrounded by her filthy family?”

The boy cowered slight, his voice filled with fear as he pleaded. “I- I didn’t know any other way, my Lord! She’s hardly around the castle, always in her chambers –”

“I don’t care if she’s in her chambers! You bring her here, or die, you pathetic insolent boy. Get her here, or die! If she isn’t here two weeks following Christmas, you will suffer.”

The boy shuddered, cowering slightly but refused to let the man take him down. He nodded solemnly. “Yes, my Lord. I understand.”

“Now go, I can’t stand the sight of you anymore.”

The boy turned to move.

“Malfoy!”

“Yes, my Lord?”

“You can do whatever you want with her but she must be alive.” The boy nodded, considering. “Take Crabbe and Goyle along with you when you get her. You will not fail me again.”

He nodded curtly before running off. He would get that little Weasley, and make her suffer.


***


Harry was awakened by the loud purring echoing from his chest. He reached for his glasses on the stand next to him and put them on, recognizing the red furry creature that lay on his chest, curled up in a cozy portrait.

Smiling, Harry stroked the cat’s fur softly, as the purring grew louder and louder. He grinned before scratching the cat softly behind its ear. “Hey, time to get up.”

The cat stretched lazily out on Harry’s chest, occasionally sinking her claws into Harry’s skin, who gasped, glaring at the cat. The cat seemed to ignore him, as if unaware of his presence.

Harry lifted the cat up, resting her on the bed before turning to his side, watching the cat make herself comfortable. The cat stared at him with mild interest, clawing her paws slowly against the sheets. She meowed at him, swatting him playfully.

Harry laughed, pulling her attacking paws as they came towards him. “Ginny likes to play too.”

Now, where the hell did that came from?

Harry smiled, rather dreamily for her sake, “Oh, how she likes to play!”

The cat backed away at his sudden outburst, watching him horrifyingly. Harry smiled at her. “Sorry, but she drives me crazy most of the time. But I just can’t stop thinking about her.”

Harry smiled and quickly composed himself. “Sorry, for that, now, let me get dressed and we’ll get out of here.”

With that Harry disappeared somewhere in one the corners, much to the cat’s confusion. Wonder what’s got his knickers in a twist… Jumping off the bed she lazily made her way over to the corner where Harry had vanished and froze, rooted on the spot.

Harry turned to cat, grinning sheepishly. “What’s wrong, Red? Cat got your tongue?”

Red swallowed, finding her gaze stick on Harry.

How would you be if you saw me naked!

***


Ginny sighed, feeling her muscles relax as the warm water ran down her body. What a night…. So, Harry’s back, eh? This could be fun.

Ginny let her thoughts wander about until she heard a loud knocking on the door. She sighed, climbing out the shower and wrapped herself in nothing but a towel before strolling over to the door. “Who is it?”

“It’s Harry,” The voice called out.

Ginny gasped, quickly scattering into her bedroom, picking up clothes to wear. “Eh, give me a minute. I’ll be there in a sec!”

After she quickly grabbed a pair of boxers and a long shirt she got from Ron, Ginny opened the portrait, revealing the tall, dark-haired handsome devil that stood in front of her.

Ok. Act calm. Be cool, he’s nothing but a selfish prat that needs to save the world and needs desperately to be kissed with those lips with those gorgeous eyes…Stop!

“Hart I mean, Harry! What are you doing here?!” Ginny asked, trying to sound as casual as possible.

Harry grinned at her, rubbing the back of his neck. “I ­— ah, was stopping by, remember? I told you so in my letter.”

“Oh! Yeah, that letter, sorry, can’t keep track of my fan mail anymore.” She smiled sweetly at him as a grim look crossed his face.

What does he expect from me? Milk and cookies?

Ginny sighed, opening the door. “You want to come in?”

Harry nodded solemnly; passing her on his way in and Ginny couldn’t help but think that he smelled like Padfoot. Shaking away her thoughts, Ginny closed the portrait behind her, smiling at Harry’s hospitality to make himself comfortable.

Ginny sat on the couch across from him. They stared at each other for which seemed like eternity. Harry sighed before taking a deep breath. “So, Ginny, how have you been?”

Ginny smiled and nodded. “Life’s been good. A few boyfriends here and there, you marching off on me like some rag doll and coming back for something, which we both know that I won’t allow. Yeah, I can say life was going great until you showed up, tea?”

Git.

Wench.

Harry glared at her before shaking his head. “No, I’m fine thanks. Well, I’m glad to hear that you’re doing so great.”

Ginny smiled. “Thanks, now if you just came here to stare at me and have war with yourself on what you want to say to me for a thick forty minutes you can leave.”

Harry ran a frustrated hand through his hair. “Look, I didn’t come here to have war with myself or with you, for that matter. I was just wondering how you were doing. Seeing how it would be nice to check up on friends once in a while, you know.”

“No, I don’t know, Harry. And I was never your friend, nor will I ever be. So, I don’t know who you’re kidding with that pathetic excuse of a story. How long did it take you to think of it? Three weeks?” Ginny retorted venomously.

“Actually, I’ve always thought of that excuse, thank you very much. How’s Michael? Any dogs attacked him lately?” Harry came back.

Ginny eyed him skeptically. “How did you know about that?”

Harry looked at her rather arrogantly. “Why should you know? It’s none of your business. Besides, I’m sure how Michael didn’t mind spreading the word that his little girlfriend here let a bloodthirsty dog loose on him.”

Ginny jumped from her chair, fists clenched. “Padfoot isn’t a bloodthirsty dog that attacks people randomly.”

“Indeed…only people he doesn’t like,” Harry murmured softly.

“What was that?” Ginny asked.

Harry sighed and shook his head. “Nothing, look Ginny. I didn’t come here to pick a fight with you.”

Ginny crossed her arms over her chest, looking at him expectantly. “Well, what did you come here to do then? Ask me out on a date? Seeing as I’m available, thanks to Padfoot.”

Harry looked at her. “What? Michael dumped you?”

Ginny sighed, sitting back on the couch. “No, I did. He started lashing out at me, saying how I was crazy to have a dog in my dorm and that he was going to go tell McGonagall.”

Harry shifted in his seat. “Did he tell her?”

Ginny smirked and shook her head. “He didn’t get the chance to. I obliviated him, you see.”

Harry gasped as Ginny continued. “So, then I broke up with him. I just made him forget the attack and made some excuse that I didn’t like him anymore, which I don’t by the way.”

Harry nodded, trying to conceal the triumphant smile that grew upon his lips. Ginny noticed it and stared at him in shock. “What are you smiling about?”

He shook his head. “If I told you, you would hate me.”

She waved him off, moving for her seat to sit next to him, much to close for Harry’s sake. “I already hate you so do your worst.”

Harry chuckled, leaning closely to Ginny, who did the same, so that they now were inches apart from each other. Harry did all he could not to attack and devour her right there. “Well, I’m actually very, very glad you broke up with Michael, you see.”

Ginny raised her eyebrows at him. “Oh, really? Why’s that, Mr. Potter?”

Harry leaned more in, their foreheads resting now against each other. “Well, that means I can make my moves on you instead of killing one of your fan boys here.”

Ginny burst into laughter. “So you can make your moves? What moves do you have planned for me Mr. Potter?”

Harry grinned cheekily. “I can’t reveal my secrets, love. You’ll just ah, have to find out when you come with me to Hogsmeade.”

Ginny leaned back, gazing at him suspiciously. “Hogsmeade? Why would I go to Hogsmeade with you? That’s practically a date!”

Harry shrugged “Call it what you want, but be ready at twelve.”

“I am not yours to order around, Harry,” Ginny stated, squealing when Harry pulled her on top of his lap.

Harry grinned before pulling her face towards him, Ginny’s breath staggering at the proximity of their faces. “I may not be the one that owns you, Ginny. But then again, you’re not good enough for me, are you, Ginny?”

Ginny grinned. “Indeed, I am, Mr. Potter. I’m higher than your standards will ever reach.”

Harry sighed, rubbing his nose with hers. “Then I guess it’s time for an upgrade.”

She shook her head. “You’ve already upgraded, Harry. But you got a virus and you lost me so don’t expect me to come back to you with a knock on the door.”

Harry looked at her and smiled. Ginny wondered what was so funny when she followed his gaze and saw that he was staring at her now exposed knickers. Gasping, Ginny pulled down her boxers, much to Harry’s disappointment, who pouted as Ginny groaned and scrambled off his lap.

“Prat!” Ginny glared at him.

Harry chuckled. “I didn’t know you were the type for black laces and apples.”

Ginny smiled mischievously. “Apples? They certainly were not apples the last time I checked.”

“Well then, let me check for you.”

“OUT! Get OUT! I’ll see you at twelve!”

Ginny squealed, pushing Harry halfway towards the door before he could proceed to investigate what kind of fruit Ginny had imprinted on her knickers. Harry laughed, stepping through the portrait.

“Twelve!” He smiled and Ginny closed the door in his face.

Harry had a stupid grin on his face. She wants me…

***


“Look, there they are!” a deep voice whispered to a blonde boy standing next to him.

“What do you expect us to do? Walk over there and ask Potter to hand her over? I’ve got another plan…” the blonde replied, his eyes following Ginny and Harry’s every movement through Hogwarts.

“When do we move?” the other voice asked.

The blonde shrugged. “When night falls, we can’t attack her in Hogsmeade. But, Weasley has detention tonight. We’ll get her then.”

They nodded in conclusion. “Come on, we have to prepare.”

Meanwhile…

“Don’t touch me!” Ginny glared, walking away from Harry, who rolled his eyes.

“I wasn’t touching you!”

“Yes you were! Look, you’re touching me again!” Ginny yelled accusingly toward Harry, who gasped.

“Fine, then I won’t touch you!”

“Fine!” Ginny snapped.

“Fine!” Harry retorted and they walked in angry silence through Hogsmeade.

Suddenly Ginny turned to the right and strode into Gladrags Wizardwear. Harry groaned and followed her inside. “What are you doing?”

She shrugged, holding some clothes against her. “I want some new clothes, that’s all.”

Harry nodded. “I like that one.” Harry pointed out a blue dress, cocking his head to the side.

Ginny pursed her lips adorably in recognition. “You think so?”

Harry smirked and gestured for her to wait. “I’ll go get Henry. He’s an expert on this.”

She nodded mutely, and watched Harry go and return with a slim, tall, auburn-haired man who smiled charmingly towards Ginny.

Harry gestured toward Ginny. “Henry, this is Ginny. Ginny, Henry.”

They nodded and Henry pressed his finger against his lips. “The blue one, you say?”

He had a slight French accent, but Harry nodded and Henry shook his head. “No, I doubt that will fit her. It’ll make her arse look bigger than it already is. I’ll be right back. I need to examine her. I haven’t done that to her yet. She’s the only one left.”

With that, Henry disappeared behind the counters leaving Ginny gawking. “I didn’t know I have a big arse!”

“I don’t think you have a big arse. I like your arse!” Harry told her honestly, clearly not aware of what he said.

Ginny giggled and he blushed. She walked over to him seductively. “What more do you like about me, hmm, Harry?”

Harry’s eyes widened, his voice stammering as he tried to get the right words out of his mouth. “I —ah, - uhm you - your ­−“

Harry didn’t get to finish, seeing Ginny pressed her lips against his. Harry didn’t waste time; he was waiting far too long for this. Oh, if Padfoot was here to see that his Ginny was kissing some other man! After a while, Ginny broke the kiss and smirked.

“What’s wrong, Harry? Cat got your tongue?”

Before Harry could reply, Henry had come striding through the room again and smirked at the couple, clearly indicating he hadn’t missed the scene they had displayed. “Shove your insolent tongue down her gorgeous mouth and throat in a moment. I’ve already examined the other ladies, I need to make sure this one is suitable for you,” he replied, taking Ginny’s hand. She looked at Harry curiously and Harry just chuckled.

“Don’t worry. He does it to everyone. It’s a game with him,” he assured her.

“Come, come, my dear, don’t be shy. I won’t… expose you,” Henry continued, pulling her slightly away from Harry. He then began to circle her. “Oh yes… I can defiantly see your parents in your figure. Molly and Arthur Weasley, I assume,” he replied as Ginny nodded.

“And believe me, that’s definitely a good thing. I assume you have your mother’s curves? Such a fine combination this one, very…deliciously attractive piece of art that you are,” he replied, his hands moving in a curving motion, as if outlining her body. Harry was laughing hysterically at this, even Ginny.

“And believe me, my dear Ginny, when Harry picks them, he picks them good, so feel lucky. That makes you the best,” he added in his regular voice, whispering in her ear. He then cleared his throat and continued in his French accent. “Now then, let’s examine you.”

He grabbed one of her arms and held it out. Her bare arms were toned beyond belief and he gasped loudly. “You have the most gorgeous arms my eyes have ever seen!” he proclaimed.

“So soft and firm, very strong indeed.” He smirked mischievously. “I can only assume your legs are the same,” he replied, a permission seeking look heading towards Harry, who laughed.

“Not for you to find out,” he laughed. Henry shrugged and continued.

“Oh well. Now then, your figure as a whole is… very pleasing to the eye. Hmm, a size two, indeed. Perfectly curved in every way around the waist..." Henry hummed as he measured Ginny.

Especially your… breasts and, um…” he slapped her back end making her jump in surprise. “…your ass,” he added, his accent going back to British. She turned around and started laughing, holding her back end in violation.

“Thank you sir, that is quite enough!” she laughed. “Don’t you have a girlfriend?”
He laughed as a blonde woman came walking toward her. Must be another Gladrags employee.

“Indeed, he does, but I’m used to his examinations. Henry has a, uhm, weird way of measuring women.” She smiled evilly toward Henry, who had a satisfied grin on his face.

“My name’s Eva and I think I can call him my fiancé, even.” Eva came and stood beside him, both wrapping their arms around each other, laughing hysterically.

Ginny smiled at her. “Well, you have one er — friendly boyfriend!”

Eva grinned. “He is, although he doesn’t really do much around here, except check out every girl. So, what can I help you with?”

She ignored the offended look that Henry gave her as she busied herself with Ginny.

After Gladrags Wizardwear…

“Harry! Hurry up!” Ginny urged him as she walked faster towards the castle.

Harry panted behind of her. “How can you women walk so fast with so many bags? What’s the rush anyways?”

“I have a detention to serve!” Ginny yelled.

Harry told Ginny to give the bags to him and that she could go to her detention. He would put them in her room. As Ginny obliged, she ran through threw hallways until she reached Professor Snape’s office. As if the bugger hasn’t given me enough load of crap to do.

As Ginny knocked, she heard Snape’s voice sneer in return for her to come in.

“Ah, Miss Weasley. You’re here for your detention I assume?” Snape drawled.

Ginny rolled her eyes slightly. “Why else would you expect me to be here? Tea?”

Snape growled lowly, rising from behind his desk. “Twenty points form Gryffindor for your cheek, Miss Weasley. Now unless you want more, I suggest you keep your comments to yourself.”

“Yes, Professor,” Ginny murmured.

“Professor Snape, if you please,” Snape corrected her.

“No I do not please, Professor,” Ginny answered back.

“That’s enough! I will not tolerate your cheek anymore, Miss Weasley! You’ve just earned yourself another week of detention.” Snape smirked.

Ginny groaned and shrugged. “Whatever pleases you, sir.”

“Miss Weasley,” Snape warned. “Do not tempt me any further.”

Ginny smiled. “Sorry, sir, I don’t fall for men like you.”

Snape seemed shocked. What was wrong with her? Never in his years had he received such cheek from a student! They never dared, or mostly stopped at the second try. Snape glanced at his watch ands hook his head.

“Unfortunately, I don’t have time to stay for our dilemma here. I have a meeting; therefore, I give you the task to place every book on that shelf in alphabetical order. Oh and no magic.”

With that, Snape strode out of his office, robes swinging behind him. Ginny sighed. Well, you survived, I doubt Snape ever received such a cheek from a student. I do wonder why he let me down so easy…so un-Snape-ish.

Ginny sighed and climbed up the ladder. She practically threw all the books off the shelf. “Time to get digging.”

***


Harry glanced at his watch. Ginny’s detention was ending now and he had to talk to her. The kiss must’ve meant something!

“What’s wrong, Harry? Cat got your tongue?”

Harry shivered. Déja vu…

Back to index


Chapter 4: The Worthless Fight

Author's Notes: Ok, so it's been AGES since I uploaded, seeing my life's been all in all hectic and abnormal. Withh my sister's recovery and the world exploding when DH came out, gosh. I am so gratefull for you guys and your patience! Although I know you all want to hex me for taking so long! But I think the next update's gonna be in like a wekk or two, but thank you again!!! And forgive the shortness of the chapter! i had to give you all something! xx


My Own Padfoot
The Worthless Fight

***


Ginny was softly humming to herself as she cleaned Snape’s shelves. She smirked to herself when a thought crossed her mind: what would her mother do if she saw the dust that lingered on the shelves?

A soft cough brought her from her musings as Ginny turned to see Harry leaning against the doorway. She smiled. “How long have you been sanding there?”

He shrugged. “Long enough to hear you laughing at the air and hum to yourself.”

Ginny smiled and climbed down the ladder. “Don’t declare me insane just yet. I had a wonderful joke to share with Mum about Snape’s shelves.”

She rested the brush and the bin on Snape’s desk. “So what are you doing here actually?” She cast a few household spells, cleaning out the bucket.

Harry cleared his throat and shrugged. “Just coming here to release you from Snape’s claws.”

“Really? Why did he send you, of all people?” Ginny mused.

She heard him snort in reply. “Well, apparently Voldemort has summoned him so he told me to release you because he didn’t trust you in his office if he wasn’t there to release you.”

Ginny groaned, rolling her eyes. “He doesn’t trust me with his potion’s lab but he tells me to dust his room!”

The wizard grinned. “Come on, let’s go.”

Ginny nodded and walked past him through the door and headed up the stairs; she assumed Harry was following her and kept walking absentmindedly, humming cheerfully.

Ginny soon turned the corner and sensed the atmosphere of the hallway turn arctic. Slowing down her pace and her humming, she looked around, disturbed.

“Looking for someone, Weasley?” a cold voice drawled out form the shadows.

No! Why?! Why me?!

Ginny stiffened as her hand moved to her pocket. She swore; she had left her wand in Professor Snape’s office.

The dark voice chuckled as three bodies emerged form the shadows as Draco Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle stood before Ginny.

“Malfoy,” Ginny growled, ignoring Crabbe and Goyle‘s presence.

Draco walked up toward Ginny so that she could feel his breath tickling her ear as he leaned down. “Don’t be so cold, Ginevra. I’m sure we’ll be good, good friends during these next few days. You’ll warm up to me…eventually.”

Come on, Harry. I know you’re not far behind.

-- Meanwhile

Harry double-checked and locked Snape’s office when he left. Snape would personally kill him if one of his potions was two inches too much to the left. He had left Ginny walk up the stairs by herself (not that she paid much attention to him).

He slowly made his way up the staircase when a loud crash came from the southern hallway. He switched directions and made his way to where the noise emerged. Something told him that he should just mind his own business, but his curiosity got the better of him and he strutted off toward the southern hallway.

--

“Piss off, Malfoy!” Ginny turned on her heels and tried to walk away but Draco grabbed her arm, slamming her into the wall.

He grabbed her jaw fiercely, her groans of pains causing Crabbe and Goyle to chuckle. “What’s wrong, Weasley? Not so feisty now, are we?”

Ginny spat in his face, causing him to release her face and glare at her murderously. Ginny pouted mockingly. “Awww, did Malfoy dirty his Mary DuPreaux? I’m sure your daddy wont mind buying a new set for you. But then again, he’s in Azkaban so that’s gonna be tough!”

Ginny had her plan all planned out. Oh, the things she was going to do to Malfoy when he took down his guard!

Malfoy growled and whipped out his wand. Ginny rolled her eyes. “Whatcha gonna do with that, Malfoy? Hex me? Or even kill me perhaps? I’m sure your daddy will be proud to see his soon following in his footsteps.”

“You stupid b-”

Before Malfoy could even finish his sentence he was flying like an insect that got seriously smacked through the sky. Crabbe and Goyle immediately cowered and ran away. Besides, who wouldn’t run away? Harry freaking Potter was coming this way!

Ginny sighed and dusted off her robes as Harry approached Malfoy, his wand aimed steadily at Malfoy. “Now, finish that sentence for me, will you?”

Malfoy scrabbled back in fear and Harry made a clucking noise of disapproval. “If you ever talk to her like that again, Malfoy. Head for the hills.”

Malfoy didn’t even think twice as he scattered away, calling for his two imbeciles of friends. Harry sighed and turned to Ginny, who seemed unconcerned and slightly annoyed.

“What?”

“I was handling it very well by myself, you know,” she muttered.

“Hey, he had no right to talk to you like that!” Harry started.

“Oh, don’t you think I know that? Besides, I can take care of myself! You should’ve let him finished that sentence and I’d show him what’d happened!” Ginny spat.

“Hey, I was just trying to help you, Gin.”

“Well, maybe I don’t need your help. I was doing fine until you came back to Hogwarts, so why don’t you find yourself back out?”

She didn’t even wait for his response as she strode off, muttering incoherent words under her breath, leaving a very dumbfounded and slightly annoyed Harry behind.

Geez, you try to help and they get mad, you do nothing and they have kittens!

Harry sighed and transformed into Padfoot. Let’s see what evilness she has to say about Potter tonight, shall we?

Padfoot strutted off toward Ginny’s room and let out a whiney howl and scratched her door. The reply he got was hardly appropriate for a girl. He howled again and she opened the door and rushed him in. “I already have one headache floating around in my head and I don’t want another one, capiche?”

Padfoot gave a gruff salute and hopped up on Ginny’s bed (walking around a few circles) before planting himself between the pillows. Ginny looked at him and sighed before tossing herself on the bed.

She threw her arms lazily over her eyes. Why did that stupid git have to come and help me?! I was doing perfectly fine on my own! Why did he even come back? Hey…wait a minute. He’s back! That means Ron’s back too! And Hermione!!

Ginny sprang up off the bed, scaring Padfoot in the process. She started giggling and Padfoot whimpered slightly. She’s finally lost it. Maybe it was a bit too much for her.

“Oh don’t worry, Padfoot! I’m not nutters just yet! You see,” Ginny sat beside Padfoot and hugged him, patting his nose playfully, “Hermione’s back, so I can forget about Harry and go visit Hermione! She’ll probably give me some advice if I tell her that I need to get some boy out of my mind!”

You’re wounding my ego here…Why are you trying your best to forget me?! Padfoot whined.

Ginny cocked her head to the side? “What? You don’t like the plan?”

Padfoot barked and licked her cheek, making her giggle. “So what do you suggest?”

Padfoot jumped out of the bed and strolled over to the door, encouraging her to come.

She gave him a puzzled look and kneeled down. “What? You want me to go outside? But I don’t have rounds tonight, remember?”

Padfoot barked again and nudged her forward with his nose. Ginny sighed, furrowing her brows. “What? You want me to go out there? For what?! To come across Harry, because I know for a fact that he’s still out there.”

Padfoot barked three times and licked her. Ginny sighed. “You want me to talk to him don’t you?”

He gave a gruff bark and she smiled. “Well maybe I should. I mean it’s a bit childish to be acting like this, don’t you think?”

Padfoot was now wagging his tail excitedly. Ginny giggled and stood up. “Okay, I guess I’ll go look for Harry, since you insisted.”

She opened the portrait and took a deep breath. Dear Merlin, do not ask me where this came from, seeing I was just ready to blow off Harry Potter’s head, but I’m going tot talk to him and set things straight for once and for all.

Harry Potter, brace yourself, a storm is coming.

Back to index



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters and settings are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story archived at http://www.siye.co.uk/siye/viewstory.php?sid=12662