Search:

SIYE Time:3:06 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Power of Love
By Harry_4_Ginny

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 18
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2005 ***

Harry has been through alot and his start of holidays dont go to plan when he lands himself in Saint Mungos with a broken Neck.
Hitcount: Story Total: 2951







ChapterPrinter


As Harry potter looked out his window onto the deserted moonlit street of Privit Drive a tear ran down his cheek as he thought to himself that his life had reached an all time low. He thought it would have been easier for him to get over dumbledore’s death if he had Ginny by his side but he had foolishly pushed her away. He knew that he needed her, much more then he could say because he loved her. Little time they may have been going out he knew that she was the one for him It had not been like the relationship he had had with cho, the one he had with Ginny had seemed more real whereas he only ever liked cho as a crush and never imagined being with her forever. He simply thought cho as really pretty. Ginny was smart, funny, nice, caring brave and talented not to mention beautiful.
Harry thoroughly regretted pushing away Ginny but he thought it was for the best. Well he hoped it was for the best. Four week had passed since dumbledore’s funeral and he had used the past weeks to reflect on his past year at Hogwarts. He knew what he had to do this year but he knew it would be the hardest task of his life but there was no backing out. He sometimes wondered what life would have been like if Voldemort had never been born. For one he would be sitting in a house with his parents and for another he wouldn’t have to be either killed by the darkest wizard ever to come into the world or kill him.
Harry looked at his bedside clock and with shock realisation that it was 11:30. Only half an hour until he became of age. As he continued to stare out his window he suddenly noticed a small dot coming towards his window. A few minutes later he realised it to be Pigwidgeon, Ron Weasley’s owl. Harry opened the window to let it zoom in as it landed with a thud on his bed. He took the letter that was tied on his leg off with great difficulty and unfolded the parchment to find Ron’s untidy scrawl,
Harry,
How’s it going mate I hope the muggle’s are treating you right. Just writing to tell you that you’re coming to the burrow once you’re of age and that some people from the order are coming to pick you up the moment you turn seventeen. Bill and Fleur’s wedding is in a week. I’ll see you soon mate,

Ron.

P.S. Hermione and Ginny said hi.

Harry looked up from the parchment and sighed. what really made him nervous was the sight of Ginny’s name. Then, as though he had been electrocuted he stood up and started to collect things and put them in his trunk. The last item left in the room was a leather-bound photo album. He quickly flicked through it until he came to a picture of his parents wedding. There was his mum, his dad, Sirius and Dumbledore staring at him waving and smiling. Harry pulled out this picture and put it in his pocket. He put the photo album in his trunk and pulled out a lose newspaper article and read it for what felt like the hundredth time.

The chosen one finds love at last
At Albus Dumbledore’s funeral on Saturday many people saw Harry potter, the chosen one, with Ginny Weasley and rumour has it that the two are actually dating. The prophet has had many articles about Harry potter’s love life, some which have indeed been incorrect but it seems that Harry potter has finally found the one. “They make a very good couple,” said a close friend of Harry Potter’s, Neville Longbottom whilst attending Dumbledore’s funeral. Harry has been friends with Ginny Weasley since he saved her from the chamber of secrets back in Harry’s second year and only started going out just over a month before dumbledore’s funeral.

Harry looked down at the picture of him and Ginny kissing that day in the gryffindor common room and he wondered vaguely who had taken the picture. He looked so happy in it and Ginny looked extremely happy as well. Harry rummaged through his pocket until he came across the locket that had been the fake horcrux. He opened it up and replaced the note with the picture of him and Ginny kissing and he put it around his neck and tucked it under his shirt. His clock ticked midnight and he heard a doorbell ring down bellow. He grabbed his trunk and hedwig’s empty cage (she was out hunting) and made his way downstairs just as uncle Vernon opened the door. “Can I help you?” He heard his uncle asked sounding annoyed by the late call.
“ Yes we have come to take Harry,” he heard a voice he recognised as Lupin’s.
“Will he be gone for good then?” Uncle Vernon asked hopefully.
“He will not need to return unless he wants to,” replied lupin. “There you are Harry.” He added turning around to see Harry. “Got everything?”
“Yeah, hold on a sec,” Harry replied as he put his things down and walked into the lounge room where his aunt and cousin were seated. His aunt was reading a cooking magazine and Dudley was watching TV.
“I just wanted to say I’m leaving and never coming back and thanks for having me.” He said quickly. Dudley just sat there his eyes still on the television as though he had not heard a word he had just said and his aunt got up and said; “ Hold on I’ve got something for you,” she went to the cupboard under the stairs and pulled out a box and handed it to him. He didn’t question what was inside he just walked outside to where Lupin was standing with Tonks and moody. “Potter,” growled moody grasping his hand while his magical eye danced around in its socket.
“Wotcher Harry,” said Tonks with her hair the usual shade of bubblegum pink.
“Hey tonks, Moody,” he said shaking Moody’s hand and nodding at Tonks.
“You know how to apparate right?” asked Lupin.
“Yeah I haven’t got my licence but,” Harry replied.
“Don’t worry just hold my arm,” Lupin stuck out his arm. Harry held onto it and moody waved his wand and Harry’s Trunk, Hedwig’s cage and the box aunt petunia had given him vanished in this air. As he looked back on Privit drive he couldn’t help but feel immensely happy that he would never need to return to the house that he had to endure 16 years of grief in. No longer would he be around people who hated him, but people who loved him, who he loved back. Then he felt the familiar sensation of being pressed hard from all directions and when it stopped he found himself at the burrow, his real home.
Harry stepped up to the burrow’s door and knocked. The door opened nearly at once and next thing he knew he was in a bone-crunching hug as Mrs Weasley had thrown her arms around him. When she finally let go of him she led him through the door and onto one of the chairs in the kitchen. “Would you three like to stay for a cup of tee?” she asked addressing Moody, Tonks and Lupin.
“No thanks Molly but Remus and I are going to the leaky Cauldron for a drink.” answered Tonks.
“I have to go and check on the security at Hogsmede,” growled Moody rolling his normal eye while his magic eye was circling around in its socket no doubt searching for any sign of danger before limping out the door with a loud clonk clonk as he went. He strolled out and disappeared with a small pop just as Lupin and Tonks did straight after. Just then Harry heard footsteps and looked over to the footsteps and saw Ron and Hermione come down and appeared to be holding hands. The moment they saw him Hermione came up and hugged him as Ron slapped him on the back.

“How ya been mate?” asked Ron.

“Same old, same old,” he replied slightly amused by the fact that Ron had her arm around Hermione.

“u-um yeah we were gonna tell you bout us,” said Ron pointing to himself and Hermione.

“Yeah im happy for you two,”he said trying to smile then as he remembered Ginny the smile slid from his face as he added,” At least someones happy.” At that moment Ginny walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Hi," said Ginny looking at least five metres away from where Harry was standing.

Harry's face immediatelly turned read and he looked down at the ground and replied a half-hearted "hi."

"I think you should all go to bed," said Mrs Weasley saving them from the awkward silence.

Siezing the chance to get out of there Harry Picked up his trunk and Hedwig's cage and ran off upstairs to Ron's room where he would be staying. He put his stuff down on the camping bed when Hermione and Ron came through the door.

"Er, Harry could i ask you a question?" Ron said.

"Ok,"answered Harry knowing what would come next.

"Why exactly did you break up with ginny," he asked nervously obviously thinking Harry would punch him after he asked it.

"Come on Ron, I'm number one on Voldemorts most wanted list, i mean if he had one which he probably does," (Ron flinched at the sound of Voldemorts name, Harry rolled his eyes and continued) "What would you do, just sit back and watch your girlfriend be killed by the most evil dark wizard to ever come onto the face of earth just because Voldemort wanted to get to you? Voldemort hurts people to get back at others. If he found out about me and ginny he'd have a field day, finally finding a weak spot in me, not that i dont have otherr but he'd probably just walk up and kill her in an instant."

"So do you still like her?" Ron asked.

"Yes," Harry replied shortly.

"Why don't you tell her that," suggested Hermione.

Harry looked at her in disbelief.

"It isnt that easy," Harry replied.

"Why not," asked Ron.

"Well for one i was the one who broke up with her and i just cant come grovelling back because ill just look desperate ans she probably would still hate me an also i cant be with her now and the only time we can be together is after voldemort is dead and that could be forever. She cant wait that long for me."

"I Don't hate you," came a voice from the door.

Harry turned around to find Ginny standing at the door. She had obviously been listening to their whole conversation and Harry's face turned pale.

"
Harry i don't care if Voldemort comes after me," she said fiercely.

"Well i do i dont want you to die," he replied looking to the fround.

"I'm not going to die," she replied flaring up at once.

Harry pulled out the picture of his mum, his dad, dumbledore and sirius and showed her.

"I love you just as i loved them. None of them knew they were going to die." Harry walked over to the door nd turned around just before stepping out. "But the point is they did, all of them died because of me and i dont want to watch people i lov die anymore, ive seen death in the face heaps of times but one thing i couldnt handle is watching you get killed."

Harry was so upset that he just needed somewhere quiet to go. He walked down the stairs and out the door, ignoring Mrs Weasleys process that he needed rest on the way.

He stepped out into the warm Summers air. He didnt know where to go where he wouldnt be disturbed or found. And then it hit him. He concerntrated hard of the three D's and thought hard on Number 12 Grimmauld Place. After the squeezing had stopped he had reached a familiar dark itchen. He lit the lanterns on the walls and sat down on the table. He had chosen to come here of all placed because he knew no one would ever find him here. He had never wanted to come back here but it did come in handy to own a house like it at some stages in his life. He sat there with his head on the table for what felt like hours lost in thoughts about Ginny. He knew that they were all probably worried sick about him but he couldnt go back until he had cleared his mind. He slowly drifted off into an uneasy sleep about Ginny's lifeless form. He awoke sometime later as he felt someone shaking him awake. He looked up to see Lupin standing over him.

"What are you doing here?" asked Lupin with concern.

"Oh, sorry i just needed to clear my head."He answered as he rubbed his eyes to try and wake him up.

"Well your aloud here whenever you want but everyone’s worried sick." Lupin sat down in front of him and asked, "So what’s bothering you?"

"It's just when Dumbledore he passed everything to do onto me. You don’t know how much stuff I have to do before I can kill Voldemort and uts going to be hard and I thought breaking up with Ginny was the right thing to do to keep her safe but now she hates me," Harry finished.

"Well for one Ginny doesn’t hate you she just doesn't think pushing her away is going to help as do the rest of us and also were all on your side and were battling with you. You don’t have to do anything alone and you have our full support."

Harry just nodded.

"Come on I’ll take you back to the burrow."

Harry took hold onto Lupins arm and next moment found himself looking up at the burrow again. The sun was blazing hot and Harry guessed it to be around midday. He and Lupin walked up to the front door and knocked until he heard Mrs Weasley's voice on the inside.

"Who's there?"

"It's Remus and Harry," Lupin answered.

"Oh Harry we were all so worried about you," cried Mrs Weasley as she opened the door and hugged him. "Ron and Hermione are upstairs, you might want to go up and have some rest."

Harry nodded and walked up the stairs and paused at the door to listen to the talking inside Ron's room and recignised the voice as Ginny's.

"He might do something stupid and if he's attacked or anything it would of been my fault."

"Nah, it's not your fault, Harry's had a lot to deal with lately and he just needs some space," Ron reassured her.

"So, its still my fault that he’s out there, where ever he is." answered Ginny in a worried voice.

"He'll be fine," answered Hermione.

Harry couldn’t stand eavesdropping so he knocked on the door and then entered the room as they all looked around at him.

He immediately turned to Ginny who looked like she had been crying and said, "I'm sorry."

Hermione came over and hugged him.

"Oh Harry we were so worried when you just walked out like that." she said on the verge of tears.

"Yeah sorry i just needed to clear my head though i didnt really succeed."

"Why not?" asked Ron.

"Well I fell asleep and then next moment i was being shaken awake by Lupin. What’s the time?"

"1:30 pm you must be starving," said Ron with wide eyes.

"Yeah i havent eaten since breakfast yesterday," replied Harry as he felt his tummy rumble.

"Come downstairs and Mum could cook you something now that i think about it i could do with some food aswell."

"Ron," said Hermione," Youve just had lunch."

Harry watched as Hermione and Ron walked out the door still bickering. Harry turned to look at ginny who hadnt said a word since he had entered the room.

"i'm sorry about last night, i just needed some time alone." he said.

"Don't worry about it, im sorry aswell and i understand why you have to do what you were destined to do. Just promise that when Voldemorts dead you'll come back to me."

"I promise."

"Good."

Could we go downstairs now i havent eaten in more then a day," asked Harry pleadingly.

Ginny smiled as they walked downstairs and into the kitchen where they found Ron eating a plate full of food. "Ron you're eating like a pig," said Ginny as they sat down at the kitchen table.

"Well i'm hungry." he replied through mouthfuls of food.

Ginny just rolled her eyes.

Lupin walked through the kitchen door.

"I'm going Harry take care."

"Yeah thanks," he replied as Lupin walked out the back door and disapperated.

"Do you guys wanna go down and play quidditch after i finish eating.



"Yeah lets play quidditch," said Harry as Mrs Weasley put some food in front of him.

twenty minutes later they were heading out to the field that they use to play quidditch. They played Hermione and Harry on Ron and Ginny and Harry found it very hard to concerntrate with Ginny flying around in front of him. By the time they were finished it was mid-afternoon and the sun was still blazing.

When they got back inside they found Mrs Weasley waiting at the door for them. " Your Hogwarts letters have arrived, Ginny your owl results are there as well, after you’ve finished with your booklists we'll need to set a date to go to Diagon alley."

Harry looked at Ron who looked like he was about to be sick.

"I guess it could say it’s going to be closed this year." answered Ron hopefully.

Harry went over to the bench and picked up the letters and handed two to Ginny (both her owl results and her booklist) and one to Ron and Hermione. Harry opened the one addressed to him and was shocked and mortified to find a head boy badge. He opened up the booklist to find a few new books including; N.E.W.T transfiguration, N.E.W.T defence against the dark arts and N.E.W.T Herbology. There was also a letter to say they should come back on September the first and then Harry realised that there was another slip of parchment that read;

Harry,
I have heard from a reliable source that you are not planing to come back to Hogwarts this year and Dumbledore wouldn’t have wanted you to give up your education. So you will be coming back. What ever you have to do I will help you and you can have permission to leave the school at times. On no account will you not be coming back this year. I made you head boy because i believe that you would be a good candidate.

Your Sincerely,
Professor McGonagall.

When Harry finished reading he groaned.


Ron and Hermione were both looking at him nervously.

“S-so are we going back?” asked Ron obviously thinking that he might start yelling at him just by mentioning it.

“Guess so.” Said Harry as he sighed deeply. “been made head boy, can’t really back out of that one can I?”

“Yeah and I’m head girl,” said Hermione matter-of-factly obviously trying to hide her excitement.

“Congratulations Hermione,” said Ron as he gave her a kiss on the cheek. “You too Harry, hope you don’t mind if I Don’t kiss you,” he turned to Harry grinning.

“Yeah no problem,” said Harry smiling. “ How are your O.W.L results?” he said as he turned to Ginny.

“Only failed History of magic and that doesn’t matter does it?” said Ginny smiling.

“Yeah Congratulations.” Said Harry.

“Should we go put these letters upstairs?” Harry looking at Ron and Hermione trying to let them know that he wanted to speak to them alone.

“Yeah, lets go Hermione.” Said Ron obviously catching on.


“When they reached the attic two minutes later Hermione closed the door behind them and locked it and Ron turned towards Harry and asked, “So What’s up?”

Harry gave the letter from McGonagall to Ron and Hermione read it over his shoulder.

Once they had finished reading Harry said, “ So we’re aloud to leave, which is good I just wanted to see if you guys are still coming with me?”

“Yeah we’re in,” said Ron.

“Yeah we’re not backing out, can I have a look at that letter you found again?” said Hermione.

“Sure its over in my trunk,” answered Harry pointing over at his trunk that hadn’t been touched since his arrival. Harry sat down on his camp bed and turned to Ron, “ So hows the wedding coming along?”

Ron rolled his eyes and said, “ It’s a nightmare honestly, if I ever get married I wont go to this hassle, but you know why it is, everyone wants it to be perfect, afraid it’ll be the last happy time before the war really kicks off.”

“yeah I spose you’re right.” Said Harry. “ You found that letter yet Hermione.” He called out to Hermione who was still rummaging through his trunk.

“Yes here it is, OUCH!” she jumped back from the trunk holding a cut finger.

“What happened? Asked Ron as he got up to see her finger which had a deep gash in it. Harry noticed that Hermione had a piece of glass in her un-cut hand and Harry realised as he felt the blood rush out of his face that it was the mirror Sirius had given him to use if he ever needed to contact him if Snape gave him a hard time.

“What is it Harry?” asked Hermione as she tapped her finger with her wand and it healed.

Harry didn’t answer. He felt everything leaving him as he stared at the piece of the mirror Hermione was holding in his hand. Mixed emotions were running through him all at once. Sadness, anger and guilt.

“Harry what’s wrong?” asked Hermione.

“W-what?” said Harry jumping back to reality. “Oh nothing I was just thinking.” He answered smiling.

“Then why are you crying?” she asked.

“I’m not crying.” Said Harry a bit more fast then believable to tell him that he was ok.

Hermione simply shook her head disbelievingly and held up the mirror so he could see his reflection and there was no doubt tears running down his face.

“Oh, I’m fine,” said Harry forcing himself to laugh and wiping his face. “I just had something in my eye.” He paused as the stupidity of this comment made it more unbelievable. That was he lamest excuse anyone could think of.

“I think I might just go for a walk,” he said as he walked out the door. When he walked out of Ron’s room he ran into Ginny who had no doubt been listening into their conversation.

“Sorry,” said Harry as he helped her off the ground where she had fallen when he walked out so quickly.

She straightened up and looked at Harry and asked, “ Why are you crying,” As her face turned bright red.

“What is there not to cry about these days?” said Harry shrugging. Ginny opened her mouth to speak but Harry said, “ I’m fine, I’m just going for a walk.” He walked off to the top of the stairs and looked back to find the door of Ron’s room closing as Ginny walked in. Harry went back to listen.

“What was that all about?” he heard Ginny asking.

“I have no idea,” said Hermione, “ I Just showed him this mirror and he started crying.”

“Well was there anything with it?” Ginny asked.

“Hold on, I’ll see,” said Hermione as Harry heard her rummaging through his trunk.

There was silence for about a minute and then Hermione said, “Here I found it, it’s a note.” Harry could hear the sadness in her voice.

“Let me read it,” said both Ginny and Ron at once.

There was a slight pause then Ron said, “Well that’d explain a lot. Lets go find him.”

Harry ran downstairs as quick as he could without making any noise not wanting them to know he had heard the conversation. He ran off outside and down to the creek. He looked down into it. He couldn’t see the bottom because it was so deep.

“Harry,” said a voice behind him. Harry turned jumped and turned around to find him face to face with Fred and George, both who looked really angry.

“Hi,” said Harry knowing by the looks on their face that they were angry at him for some reason.

“Yeah so are you single?” asked George.

“Er yeah why?”

“Because we heard you were going out with Ginny and then broke up with her right?” said Fred.

“Yeah but-“ said Harry nervously.

“no buts,” said George. Harry looked over towards the burrow to find Hermione, Ron and Ginny making their way quickly over towards where Harry was standing. “Did you know she’s liked you for six years?”

“Yes but,” stuttered Harry walking backwards as they both drew closer towards him.

“And you just break her heart just like that?” said Fred.

“with out giving a damn about how she feels.” Said George.

“Or what it might do to her.” Said Fred.

Harry was still walking backwards then fred stuck out his foot making Harry trip over and fall headlong into the creek as his head collided with a sharp rock and he felt his neck crack.

Hermione, Ron and Ginny came sprinting over to where they were.

“What the bloody hell did you do that for?” asked Ron.

“What’s going on here?” asked someone behind them.
They al turned around to find a suspicious Mrs Weasley looking at them.

“Fred and George just pushed Harry into the creek.” Fumed Ron.

“What in god’s name made you do that?” asked an angry Mrs Weasley.

“He broke up with Ginny,” said George.

“HE BROKE UP WITH HER TO PROTECT HER, NOT BECAUSE HE DIDN’T LIKE HER ANY MORE!” yelled an outraged Ron.

“Both fred and George’s faces went extremely pale and they gestured towards the creek.

“Well I’m sure he’s alright,” said George reassuringly.

They all looked at the water to find it red where Harry had been pushed in. The colour of blood. They could see Harry’s limp body floating about two metres under the surface.

Ginny burst into tears as Fred and George just stood there alarmed of what they had done. No one seemed to be able to move then Ron got some sense and pushed through Fred and George who were clearly not going to do anything to help him and dived into the water. He grabbed Harry’s unconscious body, pulled it to the surface and heaved him onto the grass where they all inspected the damage. He had a large gash on the back of his head that was deep and bleeding badly and his neck was lopsided and his face was pale.

Ron quickly felt for a pulse and said, “he’s not breathing.”

Mrs Weasley feinted onto the ground and Fred and George went to see if she was ok. Ron started pumping Harry’s chest and did CPR. Finally Harry started to cough and he coughed up a whole heap of water. He tried to get up but he started to cough up blood.

Both Hermione and Ginny were in tears now and Mrs Weasley sat up having been revived by Fred and George.

“I think he’s going to be alright,” said Ron nervously as Harry fell unconscious.

“Alright? ALRIGHT? YOU TWO HAVE BROKEN HIS NECK!” yelled Mrs Weasley at fred and George.

Ginny stood up from where she was crying and slapped Fred across the face. Then went and tried to revive Harry.

“Go and get your Father you two, he will need to go to Saint Mungos.”said Mrs Weasley in a trembling voice to Fred and George. “THEN I will kill you.”

Harry still wasn’t awake as Ginny and Ron tried to revive him but he seemed as though he was in a coma. A few minutes later Fred and George came running out with Mr Weasley.



Harry woke up some time later but he was too weak to move a muscle. He tried to open his eyes but he didn’t have the energy. His neck felt like it’d been snapped in two and his head felt like it was on fire. Someone was holding his hand and he could hear a conversation around him.

“That was the stupidest thing you two have ever done, after all his done for our family, he’s saved Ginny in the Chamber of Secrets and he was almost killed doing it. He saved your father by forcing everyone to believe him with that dream he had and he saved Ron’s life with the bezoar and you repay him by breaking his neck and slicing his head open.” Hissed the voice Harry recignized as Mrs Weasley’s. “He’s been through so much, he watched Diggory die, Sirius die and Dumbledore die, not to mention his parents dying when he was one and he’s had to grow up with those dreadful muggles who put bars on his windows, lock him in his room and feed him through a cat flap! And when he wakes up if he tried to kill the pair of you I wont be doing anything to stop you.”

“Why did you two do it?” said Mr Weasley.

“He broke up with Ginny,” Fred and George both retorted at the same time.

“He did it because he didn’t want me to become the next victim of Lord Voldemort.” Spat Ginny who was beside Harry. He suspected that Ginny was the person who was holding his hand so he held on tighter.

“O-oh well thanks for telling me now,” said Fred.

“Yeah and we didn’t mean to break his neck. It was just a little fun.” Said George.

“Yeah well you guys were just standing there when you noticed him bleeding to death and if I hadn’t pulled him out when I had he would of drowned.” Said Ron. “And do you remember that thousand galleons he gave you or did it slip your mind? Without that gold you wouldn’t have that business and it’s him to thank for that. Most normal people don’t just go out and give a thousand galleons to someone so that they can start a joke shop.”

--------------------TO BE CONTINUED----------------------


Reviews 18
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear