Search:

SIYE Time:21:13 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Traditions
By Jorgie

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 22
Summary: Harry experiences a new side of the Weasley men and during this outing, they help him understand fully that Ginny is no more protected with out him then she is with him. Takes place just before Bill and Fleur's wedding.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5661







ChapterPrinter


A/N: This story was done for a challenge on another fan fic site and I wanted to see what the wonderful readers here thought of it since you all have been so good in the past. PS I will finish my other story I just have to do a bit of research for future chapters and make it all tie in so please dont give up on me.

Thanks


Traditions

One thing people always seem to need is for me to describe my life to them, and when they ask I constantly answer them with four simple words: ‘it’s a wild ride’.

It always has been and I’m afraid it always will be. My… uh…-chaotic life did not end with the demise of Voldemort, no, of course not; why, that would be just too simple, that would.

Everyone always wants some thing to do with you; it isn’t easy being the boy who lived. Take away the people that want to kill you and everyone else desperately wants to acquaint themselves with you, idolize you, or ridicule you.

The one thing that these three types of people have in common is that none of them, not one, wants to know the true me, Harry James Potter. They just want to think of me as the hero, the knight in shining armor or to destroy me.

However, I am lucky in one way though. I have a few select people that actually do want to know and accept me for who I really am. A number of those select people are the Weasley’s they have always made me feel accepted and wanted. This is something I never had growing up with my Aunt and Uncle and something I never get from the public. The Weasley's have always included me in on everything. It started when I simply asked directions to get onto the train platform nine and three quarters and it hasn’t stopped since.

The Weasley's are full of a variety of family traditions. Some are passed down from generation to generation. Others are simply every day traditions that ultimately make the Weasleys a very close, warm and loving family.

The first Weasley tradition I ever experienced was when I received one of Molly Weasley’s Christmas jumpers. Of course, there are all kinds of Weasley traditions, like experiencing one of Fred and George's jokes, which was always very interesting; there was de-Gnoming the garden, most always a traditional punishment. Then there is always a moment for Quidditch, which is my favorite.

These of course, along with many others, are all continuous traditions. However, there is one tradition that only happens when one comes of age, and like all the other traditions, I was included.

It was the summer after my sixth year and both Ron and I were of age now. I had spent my allotted time with my relatives to ensure the blood protection that Professor Dumbledore invoked was recharged. Ron and Hermione had volunteered to come to the Dursleys with me and they had, but once I was there and settled, I encouraged them to go home and be with their families. After much hesitation and assurances that I would be fine, they left. A part of me had wanted them to stay, but I had also been relieved that they had gone.

A few days before my seventeenth birthday, both Remus and Professor McGonagall agreed that I had spent the proper amount of time at the Dursleys. I made sure to have everything that I desired to take with me, then I left for good, never to return, much to the relief of the Dursleys and myself.

Unbeknownst to Ron and Hermione I had decided to visit my parent’s graves alone. I needed the time to myself not only to think but also to grieve. Therefore, I wrote them both saying that I would meet them at the Burrow the morning of my birthday.

I quickly learned that there are certain levels of closure that comes with visiting the graves of those we love. Afterward, I felt more prepared to face my future and to enjoy what moments I could.

*****

“Ah, Harry you’ve arrived,” Mr. Weasley said as he entered the kitchen “Trip went alright?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Good, Good,” he patted Harry on the shoulder then turned towards the others, “well, boys,” Mr. Weasley said, clapping his hands together, his eyes dancing with merriment and excitement. “We’d better be off or we’ll be late.”

“Definitely wouldn’t want that,” Charlie said and gave a knowing wink towards Bill who grinned.

“Nope,” said Fred.

“Definitely not,” agreed George.

“What’s up, Dad? Where are we going?” asked Ron, looking bewildered.

“You’ll see soon enough Ron. Come on boys, the Weasley coming of age tradition must be upheld, perilous times or not.”

“I really wish you would tell me what this tradition is,” Ron said sounding very put out. “You’ve been hanging it over my head since coming home.”

“Ah, little bro,” George said. “Keeping you in suspense is half the fun.”

“Yeah, for who?” Ron mumbled, then looking pleadingly at his father. “Dad, Harry’s just got here. I was hoping we could go fly and play some Quidditch before his party tonight.”


“What party” asked Harry?

“You’re seventeen mate,” said George.

“You don’t think that we would let this monumental occasion go unnoticed, do you?” said Fred grinning.

Ron cut in before Harry could respond, “I don’t think it would be nice to leave Harry here alone on his birthday and also to fend for himself with the wedding fanatics on the loose.” Ron stated, jabbing his thumb towards the living room.

“I’ve been alone on my birthday before Ron. It’s no big deal and I’ve survived worse than all of that craziness in there with the Dursleys,” Harry said pointing over his shoulder towards a very harassed looking Mrs. Weasley, who was trying to listen patiently to a much-energized Fleur talking extremely fast, and Gabrielle who was anxiously taking it all in. Hermione, who was completely in her element of planning and organization, and sitting off to the side, looking bored, yet extremely gorgeous, was Ginny, flipping through a book of moving witches modeling robes of all sorts.

Surrounding all five women were leaning piles of cloth samples that threatened to cave in and bury them all. Scattered decorations and what looked like an explosion of books with such titles as 'Lockhart’s guide to a beautiful wedding made easy’ and ‘Simplify your special day and achieve the elegant look you want’ by Wanda Gans.

“But you shouldn’t have to be here alone,” Ron said, breaking into Harry’s wandering mind.

“Quit your worrying, Ron, you’re beginning to sound like Mum,” said Bill.

“Yeah,” agreed Charlie. “Besides, Harry is coming with us.”

“I am?" Harry questioned, very surprised by the news.

“Of course, you’re practically a Weasley,” said Mr. Weasley

“Only without the red hair,” George pointed out.

“Which could be changed, just say the word mate,” Fred said, grinning mischievously at Harry.

“Boys, now time's a wasting and your mother…” Mr. Weasley paused and looked over at the women, and then in a quieter voice continued, “she says that we must be back by no later than five, so we best be off.”

“Whipped,” whispered Fred.

“That one,” finished George.

“I heard that, you two; now move all of you, if we hang around too much longer they may find a need for us,” every male hastily moved towards the door to avoid the dreaded possibility.

It did not take long to reach their destination. The Knight Bus dropped them off in front of a small, dirty looking shop that was tucked in-between two larger buildings.

As they walked up to the entrance, muggles were staring openly at them and Mr. Weasley leaned into Harry to whisper, “I’m sure all of the red hair makes quite the spectacle. Especially when entering a tattoo parlor,” he grinned, then entered the shop. This information stopped both Harry and Ron dead in their tracks, causing a pile up with both George and Charlie crashing into them in the doorway.

“Come on, budge along there,” Charlie said, shoving them the rest of the way in.

“A tattoo parlor?” Ron asked, his voice cracking a bit.

“Arthur, it's good to see you,” a weathered looking man with a few missing teeth rasped, coming towards them from a back room. The man stopped and eyeing Ron said, “Ah, another one comes of age I see.”

“Yes and actually my youngest boy, so the tradition will have to wait until Bill here brings his own sons. He’s getting married in a few days, you know.” Mr. Weasley said proudly.

“Really? Well, Congratulations are in order then. It is nice to have something happy to focus on for a bit in these dark times." Harry’s attention quickly turned from where he had been looking at the various tattoos towards the two men.

The man winked at him over Mr. Weasley’s shoulder before continuing his conversation. “I thought you had seven children, Arthur,” he asked confused.

“What? Oh,” Mr. Weasley chuckled. “yes, I do, but the seventh is a girl.”

“Not going to bring her in, eh?” the toothless man said, smiling.

“Well,” Mr. Weasley said, “I don’t know… I suppose… it has always just been a male tradition. Of course, there hasn’t been a girl born in the Weasley clan for generations either.” Mr. Weasley sighed and shook his head “If she found out that I didn’t include her, she would most likely hex me, being her father or not.”

“Ah, like her mother, she is then.”

Mr. Weasley laughed, “Yes, probably more than she cares to admit and I know that Molly would hex me real good for bringing the boys here, but…” he waved the rest of his comment off with a wave of his hand.

The tattoo man nodded and muttered, “Tradition is tradition,” He then turned towards Harry, “well, since the Weasley men have kept this little tradition a secret between them for generations now, I see that they’ve decided to include you though, eh, Mr. Potter?” Harry’s eyes grew wide.

“Yes, I know who you are,” he then turned towards the back room and waved every one to follow. “Let’s get started since we’ve got two.”

Bill leaned towards Harry, “Zane is a wizard, but he hasn’t lived or kept in contact with anyone in our world well, except for our family.”

“Why?” asked Harry.

Bill shrugged, “Dunno. I’ve been trying to get the story out of him for ages.”

“So,” Zane said, turning his attention towards the four older boys and Mr. Weasley “what shall it be for these two?”

Ron opened his mouth, but Mr. Weasley headed him off. “The tradition is that the older surviving Weasley's come together when one of us comes of age to pick where and what the tattoo will be, son,” He rolled up his sleeve muttered a spell with his wand hovering over his left forearm and a dragon appeared with the words Molly printed below. He grinned, “Molly thought it sweet when she first saw it. Of course, she wasn’t too sure about the dragon part though.”

Bill then rolled up his right sleeve and showed them a design of a Sphinx, who prowled around his upper arm and Harry thought it perfect for Bill.

Charlie’s tattoo was on his left bicep and was a picture of a snitch fluttering around.

“Well, those are cool,” Ron said admiringly he looked to Fred and George “aren’t you going to show us yours?”

“We would,” said Fred.

“However they're not in a place we…” George continued.

“Normally go around showing off in public.” finished Fred.

Fred and George grinned and Bill rolled his eyes. “Eewe,” Ron muttered.

Then Ron smiled, “so… what does Percy have or did he refuse to participate?” Bill and Charlie got wide grins.

“Oh, he participated all right, even if he was kicking and screaming.”

“Literally,” Bill said dryly, “we gave him a gnome,” Harry raised an eyebrow and Ron snickered.

“Because he was being a git,” Charlie mumbled.

“Now, boys,” Mr. Weasley said.

“So… huh… how is it that you decide?” Harry asked; he wasn’t too sure about this. Of course, he trusted each one of them with his life but this… well, knowing the Weasley sense of humor, he had to admit he was a bit apprehensive.

Fred and George grinned wickedly at him and Harry had a sinking feeling. “Don’t pay attention to these two, Harry,” said Bill, as he strolled along the walls of pictures. “Usually, it’s something you like or are into a lot. It’s never too outrageous unless you count the speeding bludgers on Fred and George’s buttocks outrageous, of course.”

Ron leaned over to Harry, attempting to make sure no one else heard him and whispered, “at least Ginny's not here to help. I’d hate to think what I’d end up with if she had her choice.”

“Why is that exactly little bro?” Fred asked from behind them.

“Yes, exactly why wouldn’t you want our dear sweet sister’s choice?” asked George.

Harry rolled his eyes, Ron could never just keep his mouth shut, and they had everyone’s attention now. Harry could feel his face grow hot; he had no idea where he stood with the Weasley brothers or Mr. Weasley on the subject of him and Ginny dating. No one had shown any sign that they even knew anything about it, which surprised him actually.

However, they were sure to find out now that they had indeed dated and that he Harry had broke it off, especially if Ron were to relay the story of that night in the Gryffindor common room. He was quite positive that was what Ron had been thinking of when he made his comment.

Wishing for a way around it and knowing there was none, Harry waited for the axe to fall.

“Sounds like there’s a story here, don’t you think George?”

“Yes Fred, You captured my thoughts exactly.”

“Spill,” Charlie said in a voice both commanding and humorous.

“Uh… well,” Ron started, then sighed as he sent a remorseful look towards Harry. “Me, Harry, Hermione and Ginny were sitting in the common room one night. Ginny was reading the Daily Prophet and she asked us why it was that when people were getting attacked, all Romilda Vane could do was ask her if it were true that Harry had a hippogriff tattooed on his chest."

Ron hesitated and Charlie, staring directly at Harry asked, “Why would Romilda Vane be asking Ginny what you had on your chest, Harry?”

Bill looked between Charlie and Harry “We'll get to that in a moment,” then he turned to Ron, “continue,” he said coolly.

“Well… huh…” Ron shot a sideways glance at Harry “well, Harry err… asked Ginny what she told Romilda and Ginny said that it was a Hungarian Horntail because it was much more macho.”

All eyes turned towards Harry and he felt the heat rise in his neck. He really could beat Ron about now. Sending a death glare at his OLD best mate and through gritted teeth, he said “finish the story, Ron; tell them what Ginny said to Romilda about you.”

“Uh,” Ron said, then ducked his head and mumbled something.

“What was that, little bro?” asked George holding a hand to his ear with an evil grin growing on his face.

Ron didn’t say anything but Harry took no pity and said, “A Pygmy Puff, she told Romilda that Ron has a Pygmy Puff.”

Howls of laughter broke out with this revelation and Harry could see Fred and George dash over to talk to Zane, which he knew from experience that the looks on their faces meant Ron was doomed.

Serves him right, Harry thought.

Fred then came over and guided Ron to the chair where Zane would be working and sat him down. “You’re all set, Ron.”

“What did you tell him to do?” Ron asked immediately.

“You’ll see, bro.” George said.

So with Ron set, the attention turned back to Harry, and he knew what the topic of the conversation would be.

Mr. Weasley kindly placed a hand on Harry’s shoulder, “I had wanted to talk to you about you and Ginny sometime today. I suppose this is as good a time as any.”

Holding up a hand to stop the oncoming inquiries, Mr. Weasley continued. “Molly had noticed that Ginny had seemed different since coming home, more sullen. Thinking that it was about Professor Dumbledore’s funeral, she pursuaded to get Ginny to open up. She finally got to the heart of the matter however and it had nothing to do with Dumbledore. Though she was sad that he had died, it was the fact that you two had been dating and that you broke it off.”

“WHAT!” Bill, Charlie, Fred, and George all exclaimed together.

“You knew this and didn’t tell us, dad?” growled Charlie.

Mr. Weasley continued ignoring his son’s outbursts. “Molly asked why and… now, these were Ginny’s words mind you; 'because of the bloody prats’ stupid nobility complex'. After thinking about it, I can understand why you did it, Harry and I am glad that you want to protect her, she is very special to all of us.”

Harry breathed a sigh of relief they would understand and they…

“However, I don’t agree with your choice, son. We need to pull together in these times, not apart.”

Harry made to object, but Mr. Weasley cut him off, “Harry I can see your reasoning: look at my family, if I lost any one of them, even Percy, it would kill me inside. I’m terrified that we will not come out of this war whole. Bill has already suffered from it, but he is alive and we cherish that.”

Looking straight into Mr. Weasley's eyes and pulling all of his Gryffindor courage, Harry said, “You’ve not lost everyone closest to you. You’ve not watched them die right in front of you. I may have only been a baby when my parents died sir, but I relive it every time the Dementors come around. I watched as Sirius fell through the veil and I watched helplessly as Snape murdered Professor Dumbledore.”

At this, all anger vanished from the group of Weasley brothers. Harry could see that Mr. Weasley's eyes were starting to water. “I know, and I know that you probably feel like anyone that you love or care for deeply will end up killed, but some part of you must know that is not true, because you're here with us now.” He paused to let this sink in; as much as he wanted to protect his little girl, he knew she was growing up and he had to accept this. He also wanted to see her happy and from what Molly had told him, Harry made her happy.

“Harry, I love Ginny very much, but do you think that for one moment she is going to stay out of all of this? No matter how much we want her to, she will be involved in this war, no matter what. All lives are touched in war Harry, whether it is directly or indirectly, and to top it off, our family is on the top of Voldemort’s list.” Seeing the look on Harry’s face, Mr. Weasley quickly added, “Not because we know you, but because we strongly oppose him, everyone knows this. We have to band together in this fight. We all have a role to play, whether it is out there fighting the Death Eaters, researching and strategy planning or tending to the wounded. But through all this, if we do not continue to live, then whether we win or not will not matter. We will have been defeated because we allowed the evil of the world to bring fear into our hearts.”

*****

As they entered the Burrow, Harry was immediately bombarded with greetings form Fleur, Hermione and Mrs. Weasley. Once he had been able to pry himself from their grasps, Harry headed straight for Ginny, who was setting the table for dinner.

“Hey, Ginny.”

“Hi,” Ginny said, simply not looking at him.

Harry looked back at the other Weasleys and with their encouraging nods and smiles, Harry turned back to Ginny and leaning in slightly he whispered, “Gin can we talk, in private…please?”

Ginny paused at the shortening of her name. He only called her that in private. She looked at him for the first time and she could see an almost desperate look in his eyes. She then briefly looked over his shoulder to see her family, Hermione and Fleur quickly avert their eyes.

Ginny sighed, “We can talk outside,” she said quietly. Harry nodded and looked somewhat relieved as he followed her out.

She led him out to a bench by the garden. Turning to face him, she crossed her arms and asked, “What did you want to talk about?”

He just stood there staring; she was so beautiful, and he couldn’t believe that such a wonderful person as her had actually gone out with him. Hopefully, she would forgive him and take him back.

“Harry?”

Harry shook his head “right uh… Ginny, I uh…” he ran his hand through his unruly hair, making it messier than before.

He looked so cute when he was like this; of course, he was cute all the time. Merlin, she missed him. Why did he have to be so absurdly noble? Ginny gave herself a mental shake; she was mad at him, he hadn’t even given her the courtesy of talking to her about his concerns or fears, he just went and made-up his mind on what he thought was best, leaving her with no say what so ever. She had to keep this in mind with whatever he planned to say.

“Gin…” he started, stopped, then heaved a great sigh. “I’m sorry about after the funeral, and I’m sorry that I didn’t talk to you first before just ending everything. You have to know, I really didn’t want to break it off with you. That I meant what I said about how the time we were together was like out of someone else’s life. But Gin, you have to understand it would destroy me if I lost you.” Harry’s voice had a slight tremor to it that melted Ginny's heart as she stared wide-eyed at him.

“Harry, I…”

“Please,” he said quietly, “let me finish. You need to know a few things first, alright?” Ginny nodded, closing her mouth.

“First, I never wanted to break things off with you and after you hear me out, if you want to, I would really like to continue seeing you. I miss you, but you need to know what I have to do.” Harry knew it was a risk telling her, but she had to know what was involved.

Ginny nodded again and waited patiently while Harry began to tell her about all that had taken place with his lessons with Dumbledore, the prophecy, and his plans. When he had finished, Ginny felt slightly faint and she sank slowly onto the garden bench.

“Well, it all makes sense,” she said in a whisper more to herself than anyone. Ginny reached over and took his hand to pull him down next to her. She turned towards him, gave him a weak smile, and brought her other hand to caress his cheek. Harry leaned into her touch and closed his eyes.

“I’ve missed you,” she whispered and then with out warning, she kissed him, softly at first then grew more passionate.

When they broke apart, Harry placed his forehead against hers. Ginny was the first one to speak “Harry?”

“Hmm?”

“Just promise me one thing, don’t leave me out again, alright? I don’t want to lose you either and even though I am scared that I will, I would rather have as much time with you as I can then none at all. I know I can help,” Harry made to object, but Ginny continued before he could speak. “I know there are things you are going to want to do alone, even without Ron and Hermione as well. They're not going to like it any more than I do, but I do understand. I’ll be here for you to help in any way. I can do research and things here or at Hogwarts; you cant be Hermione's friend without any knowledge of researching rubbing off.”

Harry snorted and smiling, said, “Alright, but you have to be discreet. No one can know what you have learned and they can’t know what you are up to.”

Ginny giggled, “Look who you’re talking to.”

Harry smiled. “Right,” he knew he could count on her: she had always been there to defend him, support him, help him and even give him a good talking to when he needed it. Harry leaned in and kissed her again and some time later, they managed to make it back inside to rejoin the others.

A few days before the wedding, everyone would be heading to Madam Malkin's for a final dress robe fitting and color selection for the wedding party.

Harry had woken up early to a beautiful morning and was now enjoying a delicious breakfast prepared by Mrs. Weasley. He had been in a very good mood since he and Ginny had talked. In fact, he hadn’t even thought about what lay ahead after the wedding and he wasn’t going to until the time came.

Someone loudly bounding down the stairs broke Harry out of his happy thoughts of the pleasant walk he and Ginny had shared last night. Ron entered the kitchen looking very disheveled and gave Harry a sour look.

“What?” he asked innocently.

“Harry, mate, do me a favor? Please don’t sing in the shower at seven bloody thirty in the morning.”

“I don’t sing in the shower, what are you on about?” Harry said, looking at Ron very confused.

“I heard you singing some sort of screeching song. Like that egg you had our fourth year.”

“Ron, I’m telling you I wasn’t singing.”

“Right,” Ron grumbled and Harry rolled his eyes.

Fred and George sat down with satisfied smirks on their faces.

“What are you two so smug about?” Ron ask grumpily.

“Cheery one in the morning aren’t you?” Fred said.

“Did you enjoy the little opera this morning, Ronniekins?” George asked.

“You mean that screeching noise?” Ron asked.

“I’d say the Opera Toffees are ready to go George.”

“Too right, Fred.”

“YOU TWO!” Bill said, pointing at the twins as he stormed into the kitchen. In an instant, the twins were out the door laughing like hyenas with Bill hot on their trail.

As the group walked towards the shop, Harry could hear Bill and Fleur having a slight conflict.

“Villiam, my colors are pink and gold; you vill vear the pink robe.”

“Don’t count your dragon eggs before they hatch, Fleur. I’m not wearing pink, you can forget it. Have your attendants wear the pink ones.”

“Villiam,” Fleur said in almost pleading tone.

Bill opened his mouth, but Mrs. Weasley cut in “Bill and Fleur dear, I’m sure that Madam Malkin will be able to come up with something that both of you will like.”

Madam Malkin did indeed help them to reach a compromise. The bride’s attendants, Fleur’s sister Gabrielle, Ginny and a friend of Fleurs’ from school, would be wearing gold robes that had a slightly darker gold pattern etched into the bottom and dark red rope lining the edges. The groom’s attendants, Andrew, a friend of Bill’s from Egypt, Charlie, and cousin of Fleur’s, would be wearing the opposite, with red being the base color, a darker red pattern etched into the bottom and gold rope lining the edges. This was a lot better color combination than gold and pink, Harry thought.

The bride, he learned, would being wearing white robes and the groom black, both having red and gold entwined together etched in a pattern around the bottom to tie everything together. The families of both would wear formal black robes. The men would have gold and red ties and the women would wear a red and gold broach. The idea was to easily set the family of the bride and groom apart from the rest of the wedding guests. Harry thought it really wasn’t necessary, seeing as how everyone could tell who were the Weasleys by their red hair and the Delacours, well, their hair may not be as vibrant, but it defiantly set them apart just as well.

Once the colors and styles had been set, Harry along with every other male Weasley was unceremoniously shoved into a curtained off booth to change into their wedding attire.

Harry, who was having trouble with his tie, could hear Ron yelp in pain. “Mum, that hurt; did you have to push so hard on my shoulder?”

“Don’t speak to me that way, Ron. Now, why does your shoulder hurt? You didn’t hurt it playing Quidditch and not tell me, did you?”

“No,” he answered a bit too quickly and Harry rolled his eyes. “You just poked me too hard, that’s all.”

“Oh, I did no such thing, now let me have a look. Take off your robe.”

The room went so silent one could hear a feather drop and Harry held his breath. “It's fine, Mum. Really, no need,” Ron said quickly.

“Don’t give me that now…” Harry could hear a rustle of clothing and a quick intake of breath. “RONALD BILIUS WEASLEY! What is that on your shoulder?”

“Err… nothing?” Ron answered.

“Nothing my arse, that is a tattoo, young man,” Mrs. Weasley said furiously and there was a collective gasp.

Harry had never heard Mrs. Weasley swear before and he groaned inwardly. Ron really needed to take a few lessons from Ginny in responses.

Harry could hear Hermione giggle which is something he rarely heard her do. “Ron, is that a maroon Pygmy Puff attacking a chess piece?” she asked, clearly amused.

“Arthur did you know about this?” Mrs. Weasley asked angrily.

“Well… now Molly…”

“Don’t you now Molly me, this is what you all did the day Harry arrived isn’t?” Harry froze. The next thing he could hear were foot steps heading in his direction and before he could do anything, his curtains were thrown open and there stood Ginny.

“Ginny!” Harry protested, trying to sound shocked at seeing her.

She ignored him. “Come on, let's see it then.”

“See what?” he asked, trying to sound innocent.

“Don’t play stupid with me, Harry. The tattoo. Show it to me or I will find it my self.” Ginny said quietly.

“You’d like that, wouldn’t you?” Harry said underneath his breath as he slowly opened his shirt. Ginny smiled at the picture of a black Hungarian Horntail dragon imprinted on Harry’s chest. She circled behind him as if she were a lioness on the prowl and then leaned close to his ear.

Harry jerked his head towards her and with mirth asked, “Did you just growl at me?” Smiling, she gave him a wink in response.

Hermione cleared her throat and Harry looked over quickly to see everyone staring at them. He grinned sheepishly and Ginny gave him a quick peck on the cheek; at the same time there was a flash and a poof of smoke. ‘Just great,’ Harry thought ‘that’s all I needed.’

“Hermione, why are you taking pictures of Harry?” Ron asked heatedly.

She grinned and looking directly at Ginny “For posterity,” she said smugly and the twins looked at her very appreciatively, giving her nods of approval.

*****

Yes, life with the Weasleys was always interesting. Life always flowed through them and they embraced it, taking along their friends with them. I’ve always enjoyed Weasley traditions whether it be a daily tradition or one passed through the generations, it’s defiantly something to be experienced and treasured.
Reviews 22
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear