Search:

SIYE Time:9:20 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


It Started With a Note
By Kevin

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All
Genres: Fluff, Humor, General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 13
Summary: Harry discovered he has feelings for Ginny, but does she return them?
Hitcount: Story Total: 4756







ChapterPrinter



Chapter One: The Note




“Watch out!” was the first thing Harry heard as he walked out of the portrait hole that leads to Gryffindor tower.

He looked to his left, just in time to see a figure speeding toward him.

CRASH.

Harry looked around, dazed, and saw a hand picking up the bag it had dropped. He looked up and realized it belonged to Ginny Weasley, the girl he had had a crush on for slightly over three months now. Her face was scarlet as she scurried around, picking up all of the books and parchment she had dropped, her beautiful red hair swinging wildly.

“I’m so sorry about that,” Ginny apologized as Harry helped her up.

“No problem.”

“I was just on my way to Charms. Wanna come?”

Even though he had been on the way to the library to get caught up on his potions homework (he was dreadfully behind), Harry decided that if Ginny wanted him to walk with her to Charms, he would not pass up the offer.

“Sure,” he replied, and they were on their way.

“So why the big hurry?” Harry asked.

“Oh, I had just realized I was supposed to meet up with one of my friends to help her with the homework. We had this assignment that was giving her troubles. Where were you going when we, um, met up?”

“I was headed to the Library. I need to finish up some stuff for Snape. Can you believe that in the first week of being back from Christmas break, he assigns us a four-foot long essay on different poisons? I mean, what much is there to say about poisons, other than you die if you are stupid enough to eat them?”

Ginny laughed. “Not much, but I think he’s looking for a bit more than that.”

They talked all the way down to the third floor, touching on Quidditch, homework, and the next hogsmeade visit, which was scheduled for January 24. Soon they were outside Professor Flitwick’s classroom.

“Well, I’ll see you later in the common room I guess,” Harry said.

“Yeah. See you,” Ginny replied.

****


Harry walked up the staircase to the fourth floor, thinking. Ginny really was an amazing person, and he was in love with her. There was no backing out now. This new view of things startled him, but it was true. Before he knew where he was going, his legs had carried him to the library.

He walked in and settled down in the corner, preparing to dive in to the immense pile of homework he still had, when Hermione walked up to him.

“What is it?” asked Harry.

“Have you seen Ginny lately?”

“As a matter of fact, I just walked with her down to her Charms class. Why?”

“I would think she would be a little upset after what happened this morning. How was she just now?” Hermione wanted to know.

“She was either perfectly alright, or she hid it very well. What happened this morning?”

“Apparently she dumped Dean, because he was trying to be overprotective and it was getting annoying. She didn’t seem upset at all?”

“Nope,” Harry replied.

“Hmmm. Well, I have to get going to my ancient runes class, so I’ll see you later in Transfiguration,” Hermione said, and with that she walked away.

****


Ginny sat in Charms, vaguely listening to Professor Flitwick talking about how to make things tapdance, but really she was writing a note to Hermione under her desk.

Hermione,

Today I broke up with Dean, because it seriously was NOT working out. I don’t know what I was thinking when I agreed to go out with him. He is absolutely the most boring person I have ever met, besides Professor Binns maybe. I also like somebody else, so I felt like I was using him. Don’t ask who it is, because I am not going to tell you yet. Hint: he is a good friend of ours. I might need your help with this. Meet me by the fireplace at midnight tonight.

~Ginny


She folded up the note and slipped it in her bag to deliver later. This was going to be interesting.

****


Her mione was sitting at a table in the common room, when she found a piece of parchment slipped inside her notes. Curious, she unfolded it and began to read.

Hermione,

I think I am in trouble. There’s this girl that I really like, but I don’t know how to tell her. I am already good enough friends with her, but I want to take it further. I don’t want to upset her or get rejected. In other words, HELP!

~Harry


The farther her eyes traveled down the page, the wider they became. Harry, in love with somebody? It couldn’t be true. Harry really was not a person to get involved with such things. But if what this note said was true, then it must be big for Harry to confide in her.

Her thoughts were interrupted when a fourth year that she didn’t know walked up to her.

“This is from Ginny Weasley. She said to give it to a Hermione Granger. That is you, right?” she asked.

Hermione nodded and took the paper from the girl, who scurried away.

She nearly dropped the note in surprise when she read it. One confession of love was one thing, but two at once? Too good to be true. A slow smile spread across her face. Perfect.

****


It was twelve fifteen when Harry walked in to the common room, having finished his assignments. He found Hermione and Ginny by the fireplace, clearly in deep conversation. He smiled, wondering what crisis had emerged now. His smile vanished when he realized that they could be discussing what he had told Hermione in that note. What if she guessed who it was and told Ginny? But Hermione was not the kind of person that would betray his trust so easily.

Indeed, they were discussing Ginny’s dilemma at the moment, and Hermione was formulating a plan to help out. They quickly made it look as if they were talking about homework as Harry walked by, but once they saw him disappear up the boy’s staircase, the girls changed the topic back to the plan.

“So do you think it will work?” Ginny asked nervously.

“Definitely.”


Reviews 13
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear