Search:

SIYE Time:2:42 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


After Love Mingles with Danger
By davies14

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Other, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Nymphadora Tonks
Genres: Humor, Drama
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 3
Summary: This is a Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione story set after Harrys sixth year at Hogwarts. Harry has just left the Dursleys forever and is staying at The Burrow for the summer. Harry and Ron go into Hogsmeade to do their apparition test, (with Hermione and Ginny) but unknown to the rest of the party, someone goes missing.Who is the missing person; will the person be alright, and will Harry and Rons love lives prevail. Read on to find out.
Hitcount: Story Total: 4024







ChapterPrinter


Harry awoke to find himself lying on the floor; he had fallen out of Ron’s collapsible bed. Ron was still snoring, whilst Pigwidgeon was hooting annoyingly. Harry was feeling happy for the first time since Dumbledore’s death; he had left the Dursleys forever, after a very short stay under their cruelty.

Harry was now at The Burrow with Hermione and the rest of the Weasleys. Harry tried to be quiet getting back into bed, but Ron seemed to be stirring.

“Morning, Ron.” Harry said, as Ron stretched and yawned.

“Hi, Harry, happy birthday.”

“What,” Harry had completely forgotten that it was his birthday. When he realized what Ron was talking about, he replied. “Oh, yeah, I forgot.” Harry then opened a parcel that was on the floor. When he opened it, he found that it contained a hand knitted jumper from Mrs. Weasley and some fudge cakes. Harry put on the jumper; it had a picture of a Firebolt on it.

Ron put his hand in his open draw and appeared to be searching for something. Ron brandished a large package with silver wrapping paper, and tossed it over to Harry.

“Thanks Ron.”

“No problem, open it.” Ron said eagerly. Harry vigorously opened the package, some wonderful bottle green Quidditch robes fell into Harry’s arms. “Their travelling Quidditch robes. Their really useful, they adjust to the temperature that suits you best at the present time.”

“Cheers, Ron, their brilliant. Thanks.” Harry said happily. A few minutes later, Ginny and Hermione came in.

“Happy birthday, Harry!” They said in synchronizing tones.

“Thanks.” Harry hastily opened Hermione’s present. Inside, there was a large slab of Honeydukes chocolate and a musty looking book with the title ‘Guide to being an Auror’.

“I got it in Flourish and Blotts a week ago. It’s the latest edition, it tells you all the things you need to know, to become an Auror, and lots of other things as well.”

“This is brilliant Hermione, thanks.” Ginny handed Harry his present. It was a chest shaped present, wrapped in florescent pink wrapping paper that smelled strongly of Ginny’s flowery perfume. Harry opened the present carefully only to find a wooden crate. He prised open the crate and found that it was a brand new Quidditch set.

“Thanks, Ginny. I’ve never had Quidditch set before.” Harry said as he hugged Ginny swiftly. Harry still fancied Ginny very much, but knew that going out with her would only put her in danger, and he could not live with that. Ron then said with a yawn,

“I think we should all go downstairs and get some breakfast.” Ron and Ginny decided to make their way downstairs; Harry was just about to follow suit, when Hermione stopped him. When she spoke, Harry could tell that she had been rehearsing what she was going to say, for quite some time; her voice was slow and anxious.

“Harry, you can’t go on living like this. You like Ginny yet, you won’t go out with her because you don’t want to put her in danger. Ginny’s right, sometimes you are too noble. Ginny doesn’t care if she’s in danger; she just wants to be with you. Do you remember me saying you had a saving people thing in fifth year, well this is it, isn’t it. Harry you’re getting more depressed each day, you just need to relax and do what you really want to do.” Harry sat there in silence and then said slowly.

“I really want to go out with Ginny, that’s what I want, but I can’t. Voldemort would find out and use Ginny somehow.”

“Harry, there’s probably a way round that.” Hermione said brightly. Harry looked up at her hopelessly.

“How?”

“Well,” She said thoughtfully. “We could use a Fidelius charm.” Hermione seemed to notice Harry’s blank face, “You know having a secret keeper that would certainly negate the chances of Voldemort finding out that you would be going out with Ginny.”

Harry thought for a minute. Having a secret keeper was a brilliant idea. The only reason Voldemort found out about his parents whereabouts was because Wormtail (the secret keeper) told Voldemort. He would just have to find someone that he could trust his life with.

Harry then said slowly, “I think that’s a good idea, but, I need to speak to Ginny first. I’ll speak to her after breakfast. Thanks Hermione.” Hermione’s smug smile widened.

“No problem. Anyway, if Ginny agrees to have a secret keeper, who will it be? My immediate thought would be Dumbledore, but since he’s dead…”

“I would choose you Hermione,” Harry could see that Hermione was trying to arrange her face to look normal. “But, I think it would be a good idea to have a house elf. Dobby or Kreacher, maybe. I’d prefer to use Dobby though, because Kreacher would probably find some loophole in my instructions and turn them against me.”

“I think that’s a good idea too Harry. Anyway, let’s get down to breakfast so we can ask Ginny what she thinks about it.”

Harry, who had now just realised that he was feeling positively ecstatic at the thought that he might be able to go out with Ginny without putting her in danger, made his way down to breakfast with Hermione. Fred, George, Bill, Fleur, Ron, Ginny and Charlie where all eating breakfast on the large table by the Weasley’s Kitchen. Mr. Weasley did not appear to be there, he was probably at the Ministry. Mrs. Weasley was in the kitchen serving up the breakfast whilst Fred and George appeared to be entertaining the table with odd-looking merchandise from their shop Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes.

“Good morning Harry, happy birthday. Did you have a good sleep?” Mrs. Weasley said brightly.

“Yes I did thank you, and thanks for the jumper and the fudge cakes.” Harry said politely.

“Oh, it was no trouble, dear. Anyway, do help yourself, I’m off to go and see if I can get Lupin and Tonks over for lunch.”

Harry helped himself to some bacon, eggs, sausages and some cooked tomatoes. Harry sat down next to Ginny. Before Harry knew it, Hermione who was sitting on the other side of Ginny said to Ginny,

“Ginny, can Harry speak to you for a moment?” Hermione said with a blatant smirk.

“Yeah, sure.” Said Ginny looking puzzled. Ginny followed Harry into one of the spare bedrooms.

“Um, Ginny. I still fancy you; there is no other girl that I would rather go out with. I’ve been thinking… Hermione made me realise that there was a way that I could go out with you and still keep you safe, we could use a secret keeper.”

Ginny’s face suddenly turned from being completely puzzled, to being positively delighted; Ginny had a contempt smile on her face.

“Harry, you’re scared that voldemort find out about us and then use me. Look at it from this angle Harry; if voldemort captured me now while we’re not going out, and threatened to kill me unless you gave me the some information, you would probably give him the information wouldn’t you?”

“Well yeah.” Harry said, feeling that that was obvious.

“If he did the same and we were going out, you would still give him the information wouldn’t you?”

“Yeah, but-”

“Harry don’t you see, voldemort could chose to capture anyone that you like and he would still get the same outcome. And anyway, Harry, if that’s not enough, you should know that I don’t care whether voldemort targets me. I’m alright, just as long as I’m with you… I love you!”

Harry, sooner than he knew it, found himself kissing Ginny passionately, he felt a wonderful paralysing sensation he had had only once before spreading across his body, he could feel Ginny silky flaming red hair between his fingers, after a while, they separated.

“Come on, Harry. Let’s go and finish of our breakfast. Fred, George and the others don’t know that you’re here yet do they?”

“No, I don’t think that they do.” Harry replied happily. They both made their way back to the kitchen table.

“Good morning Harry, didn’t see you there. Happy birthday.” Fred said joyfully."

“I think the rest of you presents are in the living room, Mum decided to put them there.” George said who was equally joyful.

“George and I where just showing Fleur our new Harmless Knives; she didn’t like them very much, so I think she’s ran off-"

“’Arry,” To Ginny’s delight, Fleur had come back into the kitchen. Ginny merely swivelled her eyes in annoyance. Harry had to fight back the urge to laugh. Fleur swiftly planted a kiss on each of Harry’s cheeks. “Happy Birthday. I ‘ave your present in the living room.”

“Thanks, Fleur.”

“’Eet is no problem. Gabrielle is looking forward to seeing you again at the wedding tomorrow.”

“Fancy playing a bit of Quidditch later in the courtyard?” Charlie interrupted consciously.

“Yeah, we can try out that new Quidditch set Ginny got you.” Bill said in agreement.

“That’ll be fun, but I’ve got to go into Hogsmeade with Ron first; we’ve got to take our apparition test.” Harry answered.

“Can Ginny and I come with you?” Hermione asked hopefully. Ron then answered.

“Yeah, course you can. We’re going by Floo Powder in about quarter of an hour, so we should probably start getting ready.”

When Harry had finished his breakfast, he went upstairs with Ron to get dressed. He and Ron dressed carefully.

“I’m going out with Ginny again,” Harry, said informatively, “What’s going on between you and Hermione.”

Ron, to Harry amazement, seemed to be pleased that they where going out.

“Are you, that’s brilliant! I bet Ginny’s pleased! Hermione and I are going out too. I asked her out yesterday evening.”

“That’s good. You do realise now, that you’ve fancied her since the end of third year.” Harry said half laughing.

“Yeah, I suppose. Anyway we should get down to the fireplace; Mum’s probably waiting to see us off.”

Harry and Ron made their way downstairs. Mrs. Weasley was waiting for them by the fireplace.

“Ginny and Hermione are coming too; they should be coming down in a minute.” Ron said quickly. Sure enough, Hermione and Ginny joined Harry and Ron by the fireplace. Ginny was looking extremely pretty; she had her hair tied back in an elegant ponytail.

“Well you two,” She indicated to Harry and Ron, “Good luck on your apparition tests. I expect to see you lot back in time for lunch.”

Hermione went first with the Floo Powder, followed by Harry, Ginny and Ron. They ended up in the Hogs Head. It was not at all crowded.

“Where are we meant to go then?” Hermione asked.

“I think we have to wait for a person from the Ministry outside the Hog’s Head.” Ron replied. They all made their way outside the Hog’s Head. A short dumpy woman with long white hair was waiting for them. Harry and Ron confronted the woman.

“Hi,” Harry said pleasantly. “Ron and I are here to take our apparition tests.” Harry noted that the woman did the usual flick up to Harry’s scar.

“Ron Weasley and Harry Potter I presume.” She said sweetly.

“Yes, that’s us.” Ron replied.

“Good. Right, I am sure that you will already have been informed that this test will not take long. All you have to do is apparate to the place that I tell you to apparate to, alright. Good. The place you are going to be apparating to, is the Three Broomsticks. Mr. Weasley, you are to go first. Once apparated to the Three Broomsticks, you may follow. I will then send you back to Mr. Potter so he can apparate to me. Have you got that?”

“Yes.” Harry said out of sheer politeness, he had not really understood all of that.

“Brilliant. I will now apparate outside the Three Broomsticks; Mr. Weasley you will follow.”

The woman turned on her heel and apparated.

“Good luck, Ron.” Hermione said tentatively as she hugged him. Ron then also turned on his heel and apparated. Harry, Ginny and Hermione waited in silence for about thirty seconds; Ron then reappeared by Harry.

“I passed.” Ron said, he was smiling widely. “You next Harry.” Harry, who was wasting no time turned on his heel and stamped hard on the ground with his foot. Concentrating on the three D’s. He felt himself being squashed through the weird rubber tube again, and then at last, he felt himself touch solid ground again. He had reached his destination.

“Excellent.” The woman said, as she examined Harry, checking for any sign of splinching. “Well, you are now at perfect liberty to apparate by law. It has been a pleasure meeting you. I know have to get back and inform the Ministry. Bye.” She apparated off again.

Harry was feeling absolutely wonderful today. For one thing, he was going out with Ginny again, plus it was his birthday; although, he would have given up every single one of his birthday’s to go out with Ginny. For another, he had just passed his apparition test. Harry then decided to apparate back to Ginny, Hermione and Ron.

“Passed.” Harry said simply, when he got back to the others. Ginny glowed.

“Well done Harry!” Ginny said proudly. She kissed him on the lips.

“What shall we do now, we’ve still got ages till its lunch time.” Hermione asked.

“Let’s go and get a Butterbeer Hermione.” Ron said.

“Okay. That’ll be nice.”

“Do you feel like a Butterbeer, Ginny?” Harry asked.

“No not really. Shall we just have a look round the shops?” Ginny replied happily.

“Yeah, that’s a good idea.” Harry said. “We’ll see you to later then.” Harry added to Ron and Hermione.

As a Harry walked hand in hand with Ginny in Hogsmeade, a wedding dress in a shop window reminded Harry of something.

“I suppose your looking forward to being a bridesmaid for Phlegm tomorrow.” Harry said with a shifty grin on his face. Ginny scowled.

“You haven’t seen what she’s got me wearing have you. It’s awful. You might like it though. I’ll show you later on today. Ooh. Let’s go in there Harry.” Ginny had caught sight of a clothes shop.

After Ginny had literally dragged Harry into a girls clothing shop, they decided to go to Honeydukes. Honeydukes was as crowded as ever. People were gawping over delicious looking sweets, and succulent toffees. Harry decided to buy Ginny some Sugar Quills.

When Harry and Ginny had finished goggling at the sweets in Honeydukes, they saw-

“Malfoy.” Harry said, feeling that he was probably going mad. Malfoy’s head turned to look at Harry. His expression was unreadable. Harry felt anger and hate like he had never done before. Ginny was staring loathingly too.

Last time Harry had seen Malfoy was when he had gone of with Snape and the other Death Eaters. What was he doing showing his face in Hogsmeade? Did he not think that he would be seen and reported by the locals?

“Potter.” Malfoy said finally. “Nice of you to drop by today with your blood traitor girlfriend.” Harry made a swift movement to curse Malfoy into oblivion, but Ginny held him back. Malfoy sneered annoyingly. “Anyway, I don’t know whether you’re aware that we’ve got Granger captive in Borgin and Burkes.”

Malfoy turned and apparated. Harry and Ginny looked at each other for a couple of seconds, and then ran at top speed, back to the Three Broomsticks. When they got there, they found Ron sitting on a table on his own.

“Ron,” Ginny said urgently, “Where’s Hermione?” Ron then replied perfectly calmly. He was obviously completely unaware of what was going on.

“She said she was going to the bathroom. Why, what’s up.” Ginny disappeared off to check the bathroom. Harry then told Ron about his brief meeting with Malfoy, and what he had said about Hermione. Ron was just as amazed as Harry and Ginny were.

“Harry, you do realise that this is probably a trap.” Ron said quickly.

“Yeah, I know. But a least I’ll be prepared to find out that it’s a trap.” Harry agreed. Ginny then returned from her search of the bathroom.

“She’s not there. One of the Death Eaters probably grabbed her from behind and apparated her to Borgin and Burkes. I don’t think we‘ve got time to go and get help.” Ginny said sadly.

“Well, even if it is a trap, we’re going to have to get her. We’ll have to apparate outside Borgin and Burkes. Harry, you can do side along apparition with Ginny can’t you?” Ron said with a slight smile.

“Yeah. Ginny you just need to hold on to me as tight as you can.” Ginny hugged Harry tightly. “You might want to hold your breath when I’ve counted to three as well.”

“Ready when you are.” Ginny said happily.

“One, two, three-”

Harry felt the strange sensation of being forced through a tube again, he was getting used to it now, and it did not seem to be that bad. At last, Harry and Ginny’s feet touched the cobbled road of Knockturn Alley. Ginny looked slightly shaken.

“Wow. That was weird.” Ginny murmured quietly.

“Are you alright, Ginny?” Harry asked forgetting to keep his voice down. He was a bit apprehensive about the fact that Ginny was not feeling good after apparition. Harry tried to think back to when he had first done side-along apparition with Dumbledore, he definitely did not feel good after that.

Ginny smiled with a slight smirk. She moved towards Harry and kissed him on the lips again.

“Of course I’m alright,” Ginny said in a slow whisper. “I’m with you, Harry, what could go wrong-”

“Oi, Ginny.” Ron had just apparated beside them…


Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear