Search:

SIYE Time:16:36 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


What Is Right? What Isn't?
By dobbys_girl

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 3
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2006 ***

Harry use's his last days at the Dursley to ponder the decisions he's made, and if he should regret them.
Hitcount: Story Total: 3137







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer:
These characters are the property of the genius J.K. and are not what so ever mine.



What Is Right? What Isn’t?


Chapter 1: Decisions To Make


James and Lily, James, Lily and Harry, Harry, Ron and Hermione, Harry and Ginny. Harry was lying on his bed at the Dursley’s , looking through the photo album Hagrid had given him at the end of his first year. Harry had added a few pictures of his years at Hogwarts to it. Harry had been at the Privet drive for about two weeks and a couple days. As much as he dreaded his time at the Dursley’s, Harry wasn’t exactly enthusiastic about going to the Burrow for the rest of the summer. It’s not that there was any thing wrong with the Burrow it was more the living in the same house with a certain redheaded girl that Harry didn’t find exactly thrilling. It’s not that Harry was afraid of this certain girl… much on the contrary he loves her. In fact if it weren’t for Voldemort he would probably consider marrying her, even children eventually.

But that is not the case; she wouldn’t be safe with him. Right? She’s safer with out him. Right? She in danger with him. Right? But she’s not in danger when she’s not with him. Right? Harry asked these questions to himself almost everyday, and almost everyday he changed is answer: If Voldemort found out he’d surely use her as bait. He probably already knows, Snape (that greasy little murderer) knows so what makes you think Voldemort doesn’t. But if anything happens to her I wouldn’t live it down. So don’t let anything happen to her. Easier said than done. But Dunbledore always said the more love in the world the better. Why am I not allowing Ginny to come but I’m letting Hermione and Ron come? Because Hermione and Ron always come to face Voldemort . No that’s not true. They weren’t at the graveyard, or in the Chamber. Ginny was. Ginny. Suddenly his head started to fill with memories of Ginny. Ginny’s beautiful face, her curvaceous body and her phoenix feather colored hair. Ginny laughing, Ginny smiling and Ginny with that blazing look .He remembered that evening by the lake right after he had kissed her for the first time. The many hours they had spent in the common room, in the library, even in broom cupboards (once). But then Harry started thinking about Dumbledore .Dumbledores moon shaped glasses, his very long beard, his burnt hand. Snape killing Dumbledore.Voldemort. Harry had to bang his head on his desk to get the images to get out from his head. As Harry was going to go to the toilet he heard a thump against the Dursley’s kitchen window.

“Harry there’s a ruddy owl in our kitchen. One of your freaky wizard friends must of sent it. It’s going ballistic! Get it out of my kitchen this instant! Or you won’t be living here.” Harry chuckled to himself. If only he knew I’ll be leaving anyway soon. Then he ran down the stairs past Uncle Vernon that had just finished screaming and picked Pig up and ran back up stairs before anybody (witch, wizard or muggle) could of said: “Bloody Hell”. He closed the door tight before letting the little owl fly free in his room. Pigs lucky that Hedwig is gone hunting… she likes this owl as much as Filch likes me, which isn’t very much at all let me say. Harry snatched Pig much the same way he would a snitch, and took the letter that was tied around the little owls leg it read:

Dear Harry,
We know Dumbledore wanted you to stay with the muggles for a few days, but hasn’t been long enough? My whole family thinks so, even Ginny (although if it was me I would still be pretty pissed after what you did and would not be wanting you in my house) so I will be Flooing to your house on Sunday. Please write back and tell me what time to arrive. If you don’t I’ll come at 1:00 in the morning. (Seriously!)

Your best mate,
Ron.
P.S. Don’t forget to pack your dress robes. Bill and Fleur’s wedding is a week from this Sunday.
P.S.S. Could you make sure the chimney isn’t blocked, I remember being stuck in a chimney was a little to cosy for my likings. Thanks

It was Friday afternoon so Harry agreed that Sunday would do. Harry decided to send a letter back right a way. He wrote to Ron that 11:30 in the morning would be perfect. He added that if he wanted to be danced with at the wedding that he had better order some new dress robes. Harry tied the envelope to the miniature owl’s leg and opened the window to let him fly a way into the sky.

Harry spent the rest of the day and the next packing what little belongings he had, mourning Dunbledore and thinking about how to confront living with Ginny. Around midnight Saturday, Harry concluded that he wanted to be with Ginny (because he loves her) and like his conscience had told him; he would just have to make sure that she was safe. The only problem was would Ginny still want him. Harry fell a sleep wondering. At 11:20 on Sunday Harry dragged his luggage into the Dursley’s living room, put Hedwig (who had just come back from hunting that very morning) in her cage next to his luggage and said his final goodbyes to the Dursley family.

Like he expected Vernon and Dudley simply nodded when he said he was leaving to go fight Voldemort and that he would never return to Privet drive. But much to Harry’s and the rest of the Dursley’s surprise Aunt Petunia gave him a bone-crushing hug much like the ones that Mrs Weasley gives. A few minutes later, Ron popped out of the fireplace grabbed Harry’s luggage, gave Harry’s now crying Aunt a look of confusion, look briefly at their residence in disgust and handed Harry some floo powder. Harry stepped into the fireplace and left number 4 Privet drive without looking back.

Author’s note:

Please read and review. Constructive criticism is welcome, but please don’t be too harsh it is my first fanfic after all! I apologise for any errors I have tried my best to correct it!
Enjoy!
Reviews 3
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear