Search:

SIYE Time:17:48 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


A New Found Family
By xoxmrspotterxox

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:All, All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fluff
Warnings: Death, Extreme Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 13
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2006 ***

Someone from his pasts comes back, who and why?
Hitcount: Story Total: 3346







ChapterPrinter


Chapter 1
Failure is not an option

‘It is my fault, I caused so much pain. My Lily, my sweet Lily Flower, Harry my boy, forgive me, please, just forgive me.’

The once busy and friendly village of Godric’s Hollow that had been full and alive with people now lay silent and dead. Rain pounding down upon the last remaining families in their quaint little cottages. The desolate village had encountered shock the night of October 31st, 1981, when He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named (Lord Voldemort) had his much needed information on the whereabouts of a 1 year old boy named Harry Potter.

Peter Pettigrew had grown up as James and Lily Potter’s good friend but later on rebelled, and sent them to their deaths. Once Lord Voldemort had gathered the information he broke into the Potter house and killed James, soon he advanced on Harry, but Lily, being the strong willed woman she was, begged for her life to be taken instead of his. Voldemort then killed Lily and performed the Avada Kedavra curse (killing curse) on Harry, just as he had done with the baby’s parents. But Voldemort had made a grave error in his killings, he did not realize that when he killed Lily, who gave up her life for Harry, the bond of her love protected him, the curse rebounded and Voldemort fled, barely alive.

‘why did they have to die, I should have, they are meant to be alive, I have failed you. My poor sweet baby, Harry. Lily, I have failed you.’ These words echoed in James Potter’s mind over and over again.

Lying amongst the rubble in the warm summer night air, his face resting against his knees he rocked back and forth, crying. It had been only yesterday that the love of his life Lily and their son Harry had been murdered. ‘bloody Voldemort, damn you’. James forced his head to look at the scene before him, A cottage, in ashes. His cottage, his home, where he lived, was all gone, forever.

‘I must be strong for them, I can’t let this overwhelm me.’ James slowly stood up, gazing at his surroundings wondering where he could go. Sirius probably wouldn’t have a home just yet. Remus might, although he and Lily had accused him of being the traitor amongst their friends, he wouldn’t have forgiven him this soon. And there was Peter, that foul loathsome git, he betrayed them, Lily and Harry were dead because of him, he would have his revenge. Quickly thinking of the last place he had been, where he was around friends and family, and where no harm had been cast upon him, he apparated.



******************

Bang! Molly Weasley leaped out of bed, ushering her husband, Arthur, to her side. Quickly and quietly she hurried down the stairs, assuming a death eater was raiding the kitchen.

“ Oh my gosh, Harry what is wrong dear?” Mrs. Weasley gasped “Wait that isn‘t….Arthur, is it really him?……… What do we do? Call Dumbledore!”
There huddled in a corner next to the kitchen counter sat a man with thick black hair that stuck out in every direction, a pair of wire rimmed round glasses, and clothes that were torn and ripped in everyway possible. Looking at Molly he scrunched even further away muttering “Lily I am so sorry, I failed, I didn’t mean to……. Harry be good, stay with your mother….I am sorry, this wasn’t supposed to happen……Lily, Lily, Harry.”

Arthur panicked and ran over to the fireplace, stuck his head in and yelled “Dumbledore”. Almost immediately a tired face appeared.

“Was there another attack Arthur?” he asked worriedly

“No but we have an old friend here, he isn’t very stable, but I suggest that you come immediately.”

“I’ll be right there.” Albus disappeared

Shortly after their conversation, Molly was still trying to calm the man down while Arthur was pacing back and forth furiously, when a sleep engrossed Bill Weasley came meandering down the hall towards the noise.

“Mum what on earth are you doing, Harry why aren’t yo…… Bloody Hell! Is that……… Merlin………It is isn’t it?”

“Now Bill I warn you don’t tell the others, especially Harry, we think this may be his father, but we aren’t certain. For all we know this could be a death eater in disguise. Please go upstairs and round up the others into Ron and Harry’s room, pretend that there is a confused man downstairs. What ever you do not let them come down!” Mrs. Weasley directed

*************
“Oof. Bill what are you doing?! I was bloody sleeping, and here you come waking me up, what do you think your doing?” Ron Weasley yelled

“Mum told me to uh… Tell you that you can’t go downstairs, a loony man apparated into the kitchen, he’s confused, they’re having Dumbledore come to check out the situation.”

“A loony man, bet it’s Luna’s Dad.” Commented Ron

“Ron that isn’t very nice, you should really take the time to get to know people, and how do you even know that Luna’s dad is like Luna?“ Hermione retorted

“So now you’re saying that Luna is crazy aren’t you?”

“Guys just shut up, please go back to sleep.” Harry wined from his bed next to the old dresser

Bill transfigured five books that had been lying on the ground into cots and he, Fred, George, Hermione, and Ginny all laid down and fell asleep. But he lay awake, ‘poor Harry the bloke’s dad is downstairs completely wanker.‘ Nothing could hide his worry for the boy that had been taken in by their family as a brother and a son.

********************************** *****

“I’m here Arthur, where is he?” Came the voice of Hogwart’s Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore as he walked out of fireplace

“Well I don’t want you to be to shocked, but I think that James Potter apparated here tonight, Molly is in the other room with him, he isn’t stable, mostly muttering things about how he failed Lily and Harry.” Arthur informed

“This is possibly something that I can not handle just yet, I will contact Sirius and Remus and have them come to look at the situation. For they may be the only ones to revive James of his demons.” He said as gazed at James. He then turned back and began speaking to the flamed faces of Remus Lupin and Sirius Black.

*Pop* Sirius Black and Remus Lupin apparated into the living area of the Burrow as soon as they could when they heard the impossible news that there formally deceased friend was alive and breathing.

“MOONY IT ISN’T REAL, IT’S JUST AN IMPOSTER, JAMES IS DEAD!” Sirius screamed at his friend who was content with this surprising development. Quickly, Remus strode over to Molly who was bending down in front of a mysterious figure.

Remus stopped frozen in his tracks as he gazed down at the strikingly familiar man who looked no older than 20.

“Moony, come on, don’t just stand there we need t……” but Sirius never finished his sentence for he too was staring at the man he knew to be dead. “Oh my.. James…… Mate…..James are you alright?” Sirius asked as Molly moved out of the way to let him attempt to talk to the man. “James listen to me, you didn’t fail, Lily is dead, but Harry……… Harry is alive, he’s upstairs sleeping. Bloody hell James listen to me.” No matter how hard Sirius tried to get James to listen, James would still rock back and forth muttering that he had failed, how Harry and Lily were dead, and he was sorry. “Prongs! James it’s me Padfoot, remember?” It had seemed that Sirius had given up as he leaned against the chair next to James, but out of the blue he said “James listen to me, Padfoot will come, he can show you that he is here, no one will hurt you.” Sirius stood up and he transformed into the great black bear-like dog that he had come to know in his years at Hogwarts. Then Sirius barked. James stopped muttering and looked into the eyes of Padfoot, slowly he reached out his hand and placed it on the dog’s head stroking it gently, “Sirius.” he said.
Remus kneeled down beside James and Sirius, who was now back to his human form, all three men looked at each other confused, but altogether happy because they were together. James smiled and his head drooped down so his chin rested on his chest while sleep overcame him.
“Sirius, maybe we should take him back to Hogwarts, where Madame Pomfrey can clean him up and let him sleep. School starts tomorrow so we may have to close off part of the wing.” Remus suggested
“I fully agree with that statement Remus, I trust that you and Sirius will let him sleep until he wakes, for sleep is the best medicine for a troubled mind and soul.” Dumbledore said as he waved goodbye

**********

“Ronald! KEEP MOVING!” yelled Hermione as they hurried to their transfiguration class

“But I was hungry, can’t a bloke get something to eat around here, I’m sure we wouldn’t have missed it had someone insisted on checking out a book before lunch! I swear since tomorrow is Saturday I am going to eat a Hippogriff’s worth of food, and you won’t be able to stop me!”

“Come on guys just lay off it for a while would you. I’m already tense as it is, Sirius is coming to visit tonight, he says he has something tell me, he sounded serious, no pun intended.” Harry informed

**********

“Ron did you hear that?! Someone screamed.” Harry asked as he sat up in bed
“go to sleep Harry it was probably another dream.” Ron said as he fell back onto his pillow asleep

Harry, still sitting awake in bed, heard the door creak open, slowly a figure walked over to him.
“Harry, it’s me Ginny….. Oh Harry…….. I couldn’t stand it, I keep having dreams of the Chamber of Secrets, is it all right if I stay here tonight?” Ginny Weasley asked. She and Harry had been dating since last spring, and Harry felt that he was finally truly in love.

“Yah sure.” Harry said with little hesitation as he scooted over to allow Ginny room in the bed. Once she laid down, Harry wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. Sleep was all that mattered.

***********

“Sirius I really don’t think that Harry got lost or anything, I mean from what I’ve heard he is a wonderful boy, smart too. He probably forgot.” James Potter said while he sat in his Hospital bed, that he had been occupying for the past week. “If he had known that he was going to be meeting his father for the first time in 15 years then I am sure he would have showed.”

“Yeah, I know, but maybe I should go check on him, you know just to make sure.”

“I would like to come with you, if that is alright, but when you do go check on him, do it tomorrow morning, just to give him time to do what he is doing.” James suggested

“ I guess that is a better idea. Just wear your cloak when we go, we don’t want to surprise him then and there, it could be a bit of a shock, well maybe a huge shock. Night.” Said Sirius as he walked over to his end of the wing.

*********

“SIRIUS WAKE UP!!!!!!! WE HAVE TO GO SEE HARRY!!!!” James yelled in Sirius’ ear in the early hours of the morning.

“Just hold your horses, let me get dressed, don’t forget the cloak.” Sirius said with a tone of somewhat agitation

Sirius became Padfoot and James was hidden under Professor Dumbledore’s invisibility cloak trying to keep as low a profile as possible. They made their way’s up the winding stairs and to the portrait of the fat lady, where James said the password he had heard from another occupant of the Hospital Wing, while he was ‘sleeping’. Slowly and quietly the two of them opened the door to the boy’s dormitory. Padfoot bounded up to each of the beds searching for a mass of black and untidy hair sandwiched in between a pillow and blanket, James following his every move. As they came to the last bed Padfoot changed back into Sirius and motioned for James to come look at his sleeping son, when he saw Harry and a young Ginny Weasley snuggled next to each other, Harry shirtless and Ginny‘s head resting on his chest, her flaming red hair sprawled out and the covers pulled up to her chin. James clearly was getting the wrong impression as he gaped down at the ‘scandalous’ scene.

“WHAT IN BLAZES IS GOING ON HERE???!!!!” James yelled as he threw off the cloak and pulled back the blankets on the bed to reveal Harry in a pair of quidditch shorts and Ginny in pajamas.

Slowly Harry opened his eyes to see Sirius strangling a man. A man with black messy hair, round glasses, and hazel eyes.

“Sirius what are you doing?” Harry hissed as Ginny opened her eyes to see the sight before her

“YOU LET MY SON SLEEP WITH A GIRL?! HE ISN”T EVEN AN ADULT YET AND THIS IS WHAT I GET?! SIRIUS YOU PRICK GET OFF OF ME!!” James managed to scream between Sirius’ attempts to cover his mouth “HARRY JAMES POTTER YOU BETTER HAVE AN EXPLANATION FOR THIS BECAUSE I HAVE THE ABILITY TO GROUND YOU TILL THE DAY YOU DIE!”

“Well……….um…………. You see Ginny had a bad dream and I said she coul………… Wait, what do you mean by “my son”?” Harry asked suspiciously as Ginny put her hand on his shoulder

“Blasted, James why did you have to ruin it, for heavens sakes the two were just sleeping, or at least I hope they were, and here you go screaming, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone 50 miles away heard you! And Harry I‘ll deal with this later” Sirius warned

“Do you mean to say that that man is my father?” Sirius nodded as he became infatuated with the sight of his shoes. “I HATE YOU!” Harry screamed as he punched Sirius in the nose and ran out of the room with his invisibility cloak in hand.

















Reviews 13
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear