Search:

SIYE Time:6:17 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


After the First Kiss
By ginnymwp

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Severus Snape
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 13
Summary: After Ginny and Harry share their first kiss, Harry beckons her out of the potrait hole, where they go off to start their relationship. Ginny then returns to confide in Hermione...
Hitcount: Story Total: 12069







ChapterPrinter


Ginny followed Harry through the portrait hole, relieved that he wasn’t going to try and help her get through it, as Dean had done. She rolled her eyes thinking about it, as if she couldn’t have got through by herself, but more importantly, as if she couldn’t have thought of a better excuse to dump him! She felt Harry reach down and clasp her hand. A little jolt of excitement shot up her arm. Together they walked across the long corridor and peeked into a few classrooms before they found an empty one. They stood there looking at each other, both a little unsure of what to say.

“Bet you played really well today,” Said Harry.

“Not really,” Said Ginny. “I only caught the snitch at the very last moment, but at least we won!”

“I know, it’s great!”

“How was Snape’s detention?” She asked kindly.

“Awful, he kept me for so long,” Said Harry.

“Well Snape’s just a Prat!” She said which made Harry smile.

“Couldn’t agree more,” He said. He leaned forward and kissed her and then pulled away to look into her pretty brown eyes, and then kissed her again. This time her arms came up around his neck.

“Ginny?” He said looking at her again. He wanted to talk to her but was so distracted by her face, to him at this particular moment, it looked like perfection.

“Yes Harry?”

“Ginny… Ron… Do you think he…?”

“I don’t care what he thinks!” She said defiantly.

“I do though Ginny, he’s my best friend,” Said Harry.

“Look he’ll be fine with it. I know he’d prefer you than Michael or Dean, and anyway he didn’t even mind them being with me. He’s not that protective,” She said.

Harry raised his eyebrows, remembering the time he and Ron had walked in on Dean and Ginny locked in a tight embrace in an empty corridor.

“He was just jealous,” She said, reading Harry’s mind, “that his little sister was on her third before he’d even snogged one girl.”

Harry turned slightly pink around the ears, knowing that he was her fourth, where as she was only his second. Not that it mattered.

“Harry, don’t worry about it,” She assured him, “talk to him about it later if you want, just don’t give him any details.”

“Of course I won’t,” He said.

She smiled and rose up on her tiptoes to kiss him. He embraced her tighter, and they began to kiss harder. Ginny could hardly believe it. The legend she had grown up reading about, the little boy she had been gaping at on platform nine and three quarters, her saviour from the chamber of secrets, and the childhood crush she had learned to grow out of, was now standing close to her, kissing her.

The class room door was flung open and a large, black figure was standing there, a disgusting smile curled at the side of his lips. Ginny and Harry looked over, and then stepped apart, taking deep and furious breaths.

“Well, well, well,” Said Professor Snape. “Mr. Potter, Miss. Weasley, I would have thought you would have been familiar with the rules by now.”

“It’s a Saturday,” shot Harry. “No reason to be back in the tower yet.”

Snape turned his head slightly and looked at Harry. “However, Potter, we do not permit students to wonder around classrooms, without a teacher.”

“We didn’t know Professor,” Said Ginny.

“Twenty points from Gryffindor!”

Harry sighed and took Ginny’s hand, but let go quickly when he saw Snape’s gaze travel down. “Let’s go Ginny,” he said. She followed him out of the classroom, down the corridor, until they turned a corner. “Do you want to go back to the common room?”

Ginny looked out of the window. It was just getting dark. The sky was a greyish blue, with a streak of pink across it. “It’s quite a warm night, we could go for a walk,” She said, not wanting her time with Harry to end. It hadn’t been like this with Dean, or with Michael, this was something different, though she didn’t know what it was. They walked hand in hand down the marble staircase, across the entrance hall, and out into the grounds. Eventually they curled up together on a bench and continued kissing.

“Well Ron can’t bloody well say anything, the way he was with Lavender, can he?” Ginny said suddenly.

Harry laughed and shook his head. They were out there until the stars started coming out. Reluctantly, Ginny announced that it was time to go back. He put his arm around her, and they walked back to the castle together.

“Diligrout,” he said the fat lady.

“Indeed,” She said and swung forwards.

Harry put his hand out to help Ginny up but then remembered what he had heard, and continued through into the common room on his own,with Ginny following. The common room was nearly empty except for the odd few people, reading by the fire. Everyone looked up when they came in.

“Well goodnight,” Ginny said smiling before she started up the staircase to the girls dormitories. Romilda Vane sneered at her on the way down the corridor, but Ginny ignored her. She continued on, past her own room, and stopped at the last dorm, which Hermione stayed in. She knocked lightly.

“Come in!” She heard a voice say. She popped her head round the corner of the door, to find Hermione sitting up in bed, reading a thick book while her two dorm mates were squashed up in one bed giggling over Witch Weekly. Hermione looked up and smiled brightly at Ginny. The other girls also looked up with anticipation.

“Can I talk?” Ginny said.

Hermione nodded. “Is the common room free?”

“Enough,” Said Ginny. She waited for Hermione to put her dressing gown and slippers on, and then they both left the room, and the girls with disappointed looks. They sat down together in an empty corner in the common room, away from the few people around the fire. Hermione beamed at Ginny, and then hugged her. Ginny squeezed her back and then let out a deep breath afterwards, which made them both giggle. “Hermione… I… I can’t believe it.”

“I know, I’m so delighted. I knew, just knew, that he liked you this year!” She said. “Every time he looked at you, it was that same way he used to look at Cho, and whenever your name came up, he became suddenly interested in the conversation, and he was particularly interested in hearing about your argument with Dean, and that it had been about him. Ginny I just knew it!”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because you had to find out yourself. You would’ve got too excited, and been all shy and flirty with him, and that wouldn’t have worked.”

Ginny nodded. “You were right, I just had stop thinking so much about him, and see other boys first. He did take more notice,” She said smiling.

“Yes, that’s it. And it doesn’t hurt that you’re the prettiest girl in the school, to all of us at least.”

Ginny smiled again. “Thanks Hermione.”

“Last summer I finally felt like there was no tension at all, between the two of you, which was so nice!” She said. “Imagine, how much fun it’s going to be this summer!”

“I’m just s little bit worried, so is he, about Ron,” Said Ginny. “Also about Mum.”

“Ron will be fine, just don’t do to much kissing in front of him,” Hermione advised, embarrassing herself.

Ginny smirked and let out a cough that sounded like “Lavender.”

“But that’s not the point, Lavender wasn’t anyone’s sister, or best friend, or…” She frowned, confused about her words. “Anyway, just be aware of him, and you know you can talk to me whenever you want.”

“I know, thanks.”

“And as for your Mum, same goes, I suppose.”

“I just don’t know where we go on from here, because, he’s best friends with Ron, and Mum and Dad love him to. So, he’s always going to be in our life, presumably, and I know I can hardly look at Dean or Michael now, let alone, have them staying in my house.”

“I know, that could be a problem, but I don’t think its worth worrying about that yet. You have plenty of other things to worry about Ginny, your O.W.L’s for a start-”

“There is something else that’s bothering me…” Said Ginny ignoring what Hermione was saying.

“Ok…”

“Hermione, I don’t know if I’m good enough for Harry,” She said quietly.

“Oh don’t be silly, Ginny, you don’t need to worry about that, this was his choice wasn’t it?” Said Hermione irritably.

“Yes but… you don’t understand what I mean,” She said.

“Well then give me a breakdown.”

“Hermione, Harry’s main priority has always been saving the wizarding world,” Said Ginny, with a hard, blazing look. “From year one, that’s all he’s ever been doing, that’s why I liked him so much.”

“So what are you worried about then?”

“Hermione, I’m not worthy of that. I want to be but I’m not!” She cried. “I just hear the word dementor and I shiver, I wouldn’t dare do some of the things the three of you do!”

“Oh Ginny…” Said Hermione more sympathetically now. “Ginny, you don’t have to worry about that. Harry’s not asking you to save the wizarding world with him, he’s just asking you to be his girlfriend. Now, you just concentrate on your schoolwork and everything will be-”

“But I don’t want to just be his girlfriend!” Said Ginny. “I want him to… to treat me like he treats you.”

Hermione looks surprised. “Like he wishes he could spellotape my mouth shut?”

“No! He treats you like you’re on the same level as him. He tells you everything, I know he does, and Ron, and with me it’s not like that. I’m not like you, and I just know that at some point he’s going to feel that he has leave me for some stupid noble reason, because I am holding him back from doing what he needs to do. He won’t be happy unless he’s hunting Voldermort, I know he won’t!” Ginny was close to tears now.

Hermione put a comforting arm around her. “Ginny, you’re thinking too much about it, you’re much stronger than you think you are. Emotionally, you have ten times the strength as I do, and that’s what Harry lov- likes about you. You mustn’t worry about any of that, it isn’t an issue at the moment.”

Ginny sighed. “I know. I want to go on adventures, I’d just be too scared.”

“Well, so would everyone else. But, the point is if you have to do it, you do it. And Harry doesn’t have much of a choice,” Said Hermione matter-of-factly.

Ginny yawned. “I’m going to bed.”

“Alright, me too, don’t worry about anything, just think of the happy bits,” said Hermione.

Ginny smiled, and they went up to the girls dormitories, hugged each other goodnight and Ginny went into her dormitory. All of her dorm mates were awake, apparently waiting up for her. “What?” She fired as they all giggled.

“We saw Potter kiss you!” Said one girl.

“And we can only imagine what happened after you left the portrait hole!” Said another.

“Details!” Exclaimed the fourth girl in the room.

“I’m not giving you any details, its absolutely NONE of your business!” Ginny spat.

“You were perfectly willing to tell Granger!” Said the first girl. “Come on Gin, if you can trust a mudblood you can trust us!”

The other two girls winced.

Ginny whipped around and glared at the girl. “You know, it’s a wonder you’re in Gryffindor at all, Delilah. They usually put people like you in Slytherin!”

This time it was Delilah’s turn to wince.

“Don’t you ever call Hermione that again!”

Delilah smirked and turned over. “Night.”

One of the other girls mouthed ‘sorry’ to Ginny, who just waved it off and put on her pyjamas and got into bed.

She didn’t fall asleep, though. She stayed up for what must have been hours, reliving the last couple of hours, and fantasising about more to come. She was thoroughly excited about waking up the next morning and running down in to the common room to greet Harry, so that they could go down to breakfast together. She kept on telling herself to go to sleep so that the morning could come, but every time she pushed one thought about Harry out of her mind, another one would enter. Eventually she drifted into dreams, about herself and Harry and Hermione and Ron, all playing Quidditch at the Burrow. Harry and Ginny on one team and Hermione and Ron on another. Harry smiled at her, but then toppled backwards on his broom and fell to the floor. She called out his name and soared down over him looking into his eyes. His glasses dissolved and his eyes began to turn into yellow slits and scales began to grow on his skin and he turned into a snake, hissing at her. She screamed and backed away and he began to change back into human form, but he wasn’t Harry, he was Tom Riddle.

Ginny jolted awake, breathing deeply, and grimaced to herself about her dream. She shook the thoughts away, and put her head back down on her pillow, hoping to fall back into a more pleasant dream.
Reviews 13
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear