Search:

SIYE Time:10:16 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Hiding
By Lady_Ancora

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 10
Summary: This is just a very short missing moment, it's the way i pictured Dean's row with Ginny after the quidditch game with McLaggen
Hitcount: Story Total: 4617







ChapterPrinter


Disclaimer : Of course this is JKR's , Harry Potter and so on, all I own is the plot




Hiding



It all started with the bloody Quidditch match. Actually now...i guess it started long before that...but never mind. The thing that brought it up was this Quidditch match against bloody Hufflepuff. Bloody McLaggen. I think the game against Hufflepuff was our worst ever. And this was very much BECAUSE of McLaggen. This great prat.

I have always thought we couldn’t get a keeper any worse than my dear brother, but this McLaggen bloke convinced me of the opposite. I have to admit though, that it was rather funny in times when Harry got mad at McLaggen for giving the team instructions again, but it wasn’t funny that day. Not at all.

If this Cormac boy would have concentrated on his keeper job for a good five seconds, it would have never gotten this far. Again. He would have never hit Harry with the bludger, and Dean would have never behaved like an idiot. I guess he wouldn’t, at least.

I had been pretty mad at Dean that day, because the only pity he got for Harry was a shrugged ‘He should have watched out.’ Dean had been close to a bat bogey hex, that day. Really close. Harry had looked pretty injured, and I really couldn’t see the funny side of it. Just as my stupid boyfriend and McPratLaggen. Would you guess they laughed about the scene for the rest of the evening? Yeah, yeah, and they didn’t get that they were the only ones finding it funny...

°Flashback°
The portrait hole swung open and Dean climbed in right in front of me. I wondered if he had even noticed I had been glaring at him the whole way from the hospital wing. He reached his hand out, only he didn’t wait for me to take it, instead he just grabbed my hand and pulled me forward. I pulled away angrily.

“For Merlin’s sake, I’m able to get in alone.” I muttered through gritted teeth, but Dean only grinned at me sheepishly.
My glare intensified, but he didn’t appear to notice that.

“OI!” Dean yelled when he saw McLaggen running towards him, with a bottle of Butterbeer in his right hand.

“Want one?” He asked, and Dean nodded instantly. He threw himself into the seat next to where McLaggen had sat, and caught the bottle his mate had thrown. Dean looked at me expectantly and slapped his thigh, motioning for me to sit on his lap.

What was he thinking?

I couldn’t remember Dean being as...as...i don’t even find a word. It’s just he’s always been the nice, cute and funny one. But not like this. I remained standing there returning Deans glance, when I didn’t move, he gave his attention to McLaggen. I snorted.

“Good game, Corm! Potter falling off that broom was a priceless scene.” Dean said, laughing and opening his bottle. And I couldn’t believe my ears.

Corm?

“Sure enough.” McLaggen muttered, the git he was, totally full of himself, and took another sip from his butterbeer. “It’s a shame Potter got hit.” He went on. “I would have sworn we’d beat those Hufflepuff blokes.” I rolled my eyes, and was wondering whether to just go away or hex both of them.

“Potter wouldn’t have caught the snitch anyways. He’s more of a show off than you would guess.” Dean commented rather derogatory. A show off? Harry of all people.

“Okay, so who was it?” I shot at Dean fiercely. “Who nicked your brain today?”

“What’s the matter, Ginny? You are acting so strange, lately.” He told me confusedly, and I hardly believed that he didn’t even know why I ‘was acting so strange lately’.

“Are you out of your mind?” I yelled, and noticed some others look up by now. “First you congratulate McLaggen for this ‘great game’, that by the way wasn’t anything close to great, and then you start claiming the sight of Harry falling of his broom was priceless. That’s the matter!”

Dean frowned, and McLaggen choked on the butterbeer. He begann to stutter some things in between coughing.
Something about ‘Bludger’ and ‘the one to blame’. I didn’t really pay attention, since Dean rose to his feet now, and I was actually really amused by the fact that he seemed to be trying to scare me.

“Keep it cool, Ginny!” Dean said loudly, and I saw Romilda Vane and some others approaching us with wide eyes. Of course, since she seemed to be thinking everything belonged to her business... I snorted, clearly audible.

“Keep it cool... Just like you, you mean? Have you ever thought of what could have happened? Harry could have been injured even worse - he could have been...” My voice tralied off, and I didn’t finish the sentence. But my anger grew with every second. “And by the way, just so you now, since you think Harry is a show off — he would outfly you three times even now, even with a CRACKED SKULL!” I yelled, accentuating the last two words.

I tossed my hair behind my ears angrily, and heard Romilda Vane gasp cheerfully from behind. Sure enough, the gossip queen she was, she was surely glad about some new stuff to talk about.

“Why are you even defending him?” Dean asked bewildered, but I didn’t answer, actually I didn’t even listen.

“Let me know when you got your thinking abilities back.” I said calmly, my arms crossed in front of my chest. I shot him one last death glare and walked away, muttering “If you even possess something like that,” under my breath.

I slammed the door to the dormitory and expected Romilda Vane and Co to be there in a matter of seconds. I sighed, and threw myself onto my bed, closing the curtains. I covered my eyes with my hands and let the whole scene play again in my head.

‘Why are you even defending him?’ Deans voice echoed through my head, and I fought to chase it away. I sneaked under my covers, still fully dressed, when I heard giggling from outisde. And with a squeal, the door opened. I remained there in my bed.

°End Flashback°

And I had wanted to stay there for ever then, most likely, because hiding has always been one of my hobbies. Even as a girl I always played hide-and-seek with Ron. I remember pouting at him because I never wanted to seek, but always hide. But growing older I had discovered a new shade of hiding. My favorite ever since. Hiding from the truth.



(A/N) so this is the result of me, re-reading the talk between Harry and Hermione where he keeps on asking why Ginny rowed with Harry, this on shot kinda slipped.

Nothing serious, I would love if your give me your opinion to this, though, because reviews always make my day.

Little question: Does the word outfly exist? I'm not so sure about that.... :)

Lady_Ancroa

Reviews 10
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear