Search:

SIYE Time:7:11 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


How Do I Live?
By herbiegirl8

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:None
Genres: Songfic
Warnings: None
Rating: PG
Reviews: 14
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

What will happen when Harry, Hermione, and Ron return?
Hitcount: Story Total: 12094; Chapter Total: 2775





Author's Notes:
I know Ginny staying home and moping is slightly out of canon, but all is explained. In addition, many, many thanks to those of you who requested that I continue. Many apologies for the wait, but I have been horrifically busy.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry glanced around the cave he had called home for that past two years, checking to make sure that he had everything before they left. He sighed, wondering why Hedwig had not yet returned with a letter from Ginny. He has sent his letter two weeks ago, and still no reply. It was then that Hermione walked in from the ledge outside their cave, Hedwig riding on her shoulder.

“Look who I found,” said Hermione.

“Is it from Ginny?” asked Harry.

“Yeah, and I’m glad Hedwig came when she did. It was getting a bit pathetic watching you do almost nothing but stare at the sky since you sent Hedwig off with your letter and our gifts,” replied Hermione.

“I did not do that.”

“Yes, you did.”

“Whatever. Just give me the letter.”

“Sure,” Hermione said, handing Hedwig to Harry.

Harry took the letter from Hedwig, fed her a bit of toast, and patted her absently on the head before opening Ginny’s letter. He immediately recognized Ginny’s flowing, rounded cursive handwriting.

Dear Harry,
I can hardly believe that it is finally over. It is even harder for me to believe that my entire family made it through unscathed. Even Percy is ok, though he still has not apologized yet. On another note, I cannot possibly accept your mother’s necklace. I am afraid I might break it, and it is must be extremely precious to you, considering it was your mother’s. You probably won’t accept that though, and I’ll end up keeping-not that it would be bad- but I felt I had to say it. Come home soon. We’re all dying to see you. Tell Ron and Hermione I said hi!

Love,
Ginny

P .S. I love you more!

Harry folded up the letter, a happy smile on his face. He then shrunk all of his bags, placed them in a smaller bag, and headed out side to wear Ron and Hermione were standing.

“Who wants to go home?” he asked.

“I have one question before we leave. Are you mental? Of course we want to go home!” said Ron.

“Okay, okay. But I don’t think it’s me that’s mental.” replied Harry.

“Well then let’s go, you two,” interrupted Hermione.

With three soft pops, they all disappeared.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ginny was standing in front of her closet when a deep growl of frustration rose from her.

“Mum! I have nothing to wear! Can you please come here!” she hollered.

Molly hurried up the stair.

“What is it dear?” she asked.

“Harry’s coming home today, and I have absolutely nothing to wear,” Ginny replied.

“How do you know they’re coming home today?” Molly questioned.

“I can just feel it. It’s hard to explain”

“Alright, just scoot over and let me see what we have here.”

Ginny complied, moving over to stand by her bed. She watched as Molly rummaged through Ginny closet for several minutes, before stepping back with a pleased look on her face, and then handed Ginny what she had picked out. Ginny gasped. Her mother’s choice was perfect. Molly had picked out a pair of dark jeans and a flowing, emerald green camisole made of a silky material. It also had emerald green beads lining the top and bottom in an intricate pattern.

“Mum, it’s perfect. How did you find it?” Ginny asked.

“Maybe you just needed a fresh pair of eyes to look,” Molly said with a smile.

“Well, I’m going to get ready then,” Ginny said.

Molly took this as a cue to leave, and went back downstairs to finish making lunch. Ginny was now faced with her next dilemma, how to style her hair. After trying several different styles, she decided to loosely curl her hair and leave it down. She applied some blush, lip-gloss, and eye shadow, and then stepped back to look at her now finished look. Sometime during the past two years, her hair had darkened. It was no longer a vibrant red, but a deep beautiful auburn. She now had the color she had always wanted. It also didn’t clash with all of her clothes, for which she was grateful. The deep green of her shirt complimented her porcelain skin. Her jeans hugged her legs, showing off how slender she was. She had also picked some emerald green ballet flats to go with her shirt. She then walked over to her dresser to pick out some jewelry. She selected the diamond and gold studs Bill had given her for her seventeenth birthday, the matching necklace, and a simple gold bracelet. She put them on before skipping down the stairs to grab some food.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Half an hour later, Ginny was sitting out at the pond that bordered the edge of the Weasley property, thinking back on the past two years. Ginny had wanted to go with Harry. Ron and Hermione to help defeat Voldemort, and would, where it not for one thing.


Bill and Fleur’s wedding:

“I’m going, whether you like it or not!” Ginny screamed.

“Ginny, it’s far to dangerous! You don’t know what you would be getting yourself into!” Harry screamed right back.

“Oh yes, because Ginny’s the littlest Weasley, the one made of glass, who everyone has to tiptoe around! I’m not a little girl anymore Harry! I haven’t been a little girl since my first year. However, I got over it. I learned to defend myself. Was I or was I not one of the best in the D.A.? Am I or am I not at the top of my class? I can defend myself about as well as you can! The only thing that puts me below you power wise is experience!” Ginny ranted angrily.

“It’s not that. I just…..I just don’t want you to get hurt.” Harry said quietly.

“Did you listen to a THING I just said? Wait, don’t bother answering. I can’t deal with this right now. I’ll see you later.”

Ginny had ended up staying home, but it was only because her mother was afraid to be home alone, as Arthur had been called away on a long-term mission for the Order. He had never said what, just that it had helped.

Ginny was startled from her recollections as she heard three soft pops.



Reviews 14
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear