Search:

SIYE Time:14:09 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


How It All Began....
By HaRrYnGiNnY8788

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Other, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fluff
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 34
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Harry and Ginny have survived to get married and have children. Now, it's their turn to tell the story. Ok, I know it's been forever, but chapter 8 is up, and I 'm half way done with chapter 9! It was a hard transition from high school to college, but it's all good now! Enjoy!
Hitcount: Story Total: 32208; Chapter Total: 3829





Author's Notes:
So for the wait! Don't hate me!!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


~*~Chapter - The Riddle Mansion~*~



With Bill and Fleur gone to the south of Italy, Charlie with his new girlfriend (the Maid of Honor from the wedding) still staying out the house, along with many members from the Order, plus all the kids, Harry and Ginny's uncanny absence went unnoticed. On sunny days, you could find them outside walking round The Burrow, or playing Quidditch with Fred, George, Ron and Charlie; Hermione always sat out of the games, but kept score. They would also be hid from sight by the many forest trees, away from prying eyes, so they can be “alone”.

If it wasn't fit to be outside, they kept themselves busy in the day by playing Exploding Snap with Ron and Hermione, Harry playing Wizarding chess with Ron while Ginny and Hermione talked about this or that. However, when the night fell and everyone sought comfort from their beds, Harry would either sneak into Ginny's room, and Hermione to Ron's or vise-versa. In their nightly adventures, they got to know a lot about each other, along with their anatomy.

One afternoon, the trio plus Ginny, were gathered around a table, toppling with books of many sorts; continuing with their research against the remaining Horcruxes.

“Harry, this book Remus gave you is very interesting.... I never knew some of this about Godric Gryffindor,” Hermione said with a hint of jealousy. “I think I might know what the Gryffindor horcrux might be. It says here 'Godric Gryffindor was known for his amazing courage, empeckable talent with a wand and a sword, but most knew him for his antique silver flask. After being poisoned once, and almost dying, he took up drinking from his Great-Grandfather's flask. It became a tradition for him, and when he died, he passed the tradition down for generations. The current location of the renowned flask is unknown.' That has to be it. Voldemort always chooses the most obvious thing that will be over-looked because of that fact. I'm positive this is it. But where to find it is the challenge. Ginny have you found anything about Voldemort that we don't know?”

“Well, I found a couple of places that were mentioned in passing, but none of any consequence that they felt like going into detail.” Ginny said, sounding very exshaperated.

“Well, those might be the ones we need, something not very many people know about. Write them down and we will check them out when leave sometime soon.” Hermione went back the book was currently skimming. No body noticed the look Ginny had on her face. She excused herself and hurried to the bathroom.


“HARRY! This is it! Right it here, it says that before Voldemort lost his powers sixteen years ago, he was spotted going to the house of his father. The Riddle Mansion!” Hermione was on her feet from the recent find. The look of pride and joy on her face illuminating the room. Harry could hear his heart pounding in his ears. Thoughts ran through his mind so fast, it made him so dizzy, he had to close his eyes. He suddenly shot from his seat.

“We need to go. Before something happens to it. Voldemort hasn't got any idea we're looking for them, so before he does, we need to go and destroy it.” Harry gave it some thought and said, “Hurry, go pack a couple if days robes, I'll notify the Order that we're leaving and not to follow. Ron, go tell your parents, and they'll tell the necessary people. Contact who ever you need too, this could the last time we talk to anyone but ourselves in a long time. Now go.” No one made a move to talk, they bolted from their seat and into action.

Several minutes later, Harry found himself standing outside Ginny's room. He tentatively knocked on the door.

“Ginny? Are you in here?” Harry opened the door and peaked inside. She had fallen asleep on her bed. He walked over to her, and gently shook her awake.

“Wha-? Oh Harry, I'm sorry I fell asleep, I just--”, she was about to go into a very long apology and he knew. He placed his finger on her lips, silencing her.

“Gin, listen. We're leaving. We don't have much time to explain, but it's the horcruxes. If anyone asks you, you don't know where we've gone, ok? I don't want them bothering you with this. I will be back as soon as I can, but I can't tell you how long that may be. This will take planning and we need to observe the surroundings. It maybe weeks before we're through. But promise me, not to worry about me. I'll be ok; and if not, I love you Gin. Remember that. I love you. Now I have to go.”

He wiped away a single tear rolling down her face. “I love you too, Harry. Be careful, because I will never forgive you if you leave me!” She threw herself on him and squeezed him so hard, he couldn't breathe. She let go, and kissed Harry one good time before parting.

“Now, you come home, and you can have more, “ she said with a wry smile.

And with that, he was off. She wasn't to cry, she promised him. So she decided to do something productive. She went up to the piano they had in the attic and sat down and played. Played to her heart's content.

Harry took the stairs two at a time and almost fell. When he reached the kitchen, they were both waiting for him. “Sorry,” he said, “took me longer than I thought.”

No one complained. They knew the situation at hand with Harry and Ginny. They took off out of the kitchen and down the dirt path, no one saying a word. They were all to busy with their own thoughts of how to tackle this obstacle. It was Hermione who spoke first.

“Ok, this is how I think we should go about this.” She looked around to see if anyone sucipsious were about. Harry, just to be safe, performed 'muffliato' on anyone around; Hermione scowled at him. “Now, we need to apparate just outside of the town. Do some looking about,get to know the surroundings; look for any trace of magical residue, stuff like that. We do NOT need to rush into this.” She looked at both Ron and Harry, expecting a retort, when none came she continued. “Tonks gave me these just other day.” She shoved her hand into her pocket and pulled out 3 skin colored candies.

“Hermione, I don't think this a time to eat sweets,” Ron said, dumbfounded.

“Ronald,” Hermione started, obviously annoyed, “it is NOT candy. It's a Metamorphosis Chew. You focus on features, any features other than your own, and you will transform into that image for as long as you need it too. There's a simple spell and will change you back you need it.” She handed one to each of them and walked behind a small story, not to be seen.

Hermione was the first to go. She screwed up her eyes tight, concentration on her image. She popped the chew in her mouth and began to eat. Slowly, her frizzy brown shortened and became more smooth, dirty blonde hair. It was like watching a very slow tree growth. She became nearly three inches taller. Her brown eyes changed to green and her face looked like a beautiful model. Hermione's physical appearence was not the only thing that changed, her clothes went from an ordinary set of robes to a denim mini skirt and a pale blue halter with white flip-flops.

Harry stared at Hermione in awe. How could one pill change your whole appearance. He looked over at Ron. His jaw was on the floor. He was out-right staring at her. Hermione caught him looking and blushed a deep crimson. she cleared her throat and said, “Well, here, eat them. But focus on an image first.”

She watched as Harry and Ron concentrated on their image. Harry thought of a guy he had just seen on the poster on the side of the wall. He ate the chew and felt his body start to bubble. The feeling was similar to taking the Polyjuice Potion, but not near as painful. He scrunched up his eyes, and the next thing he knew, he was a tall muscled, blue eyed, brown headed TV star. He looked over at Ron, who was bald, but strong features in a sharp suit.

“Wicked, “ Ron whispered, admiring his new body. “Bloody brilliant.” Hermione let out a small giggle and checked her watch.

“Oh! We got to hurry!” She handed them a small slip of paper. “Concentrate hard on that address and I'll meet you there.” Then, with a small pop, she was gone.

Harry looked down at the paper. '6452 Westeria Ave. Little Haggleton, England' it said. Harry repeated it in his head a couple of times and then concentrated with all his might. Once again, the feeling of being shoved through a rubber hose, not able to breath; eyes being pushed into the back of his head. Then all of a sudden, fresh air filled his lungs. He opened his eyes to a nice little suburban city that resembled Surrey, but the houses had more personality to them than the same design and build just like all the others. A loud crack announced Ron's arrival.

“Well, our hotel is just right up the street here.” Hermione cast a glance up the road.

“Herm-” but she glared at him and he fell silent. “We don't need to use our real names,” she spat out vehemently. Ron went red about the ears, but didn't say anything. He knew how Hermione doesn't like to fail, and he wasn't going to be the reason for it.

“Ok, 'Brooke', what's a hotel?” Ron said, showing his ignorance of the muggle world.

“It's like the Leaky Caldron, but for muggles, now, we have to blend in to the normal crowd. No more of 'our' talk or it'll seem supcious. Now, follow me and we'll check-in.”

They followed closely behind her, careful not to lose her in the jostling traffic of people walking here and there. They came up on a really tall building with the name 'Hilton'. They walked into a grand opening and right up to a beautiful wooden desk, with a solemn-looking man sitting behind it.

“Yes?” he said in a bored tone.

“Brown. I have reserved a suite for an unknown amount of time.” Hermione said in a matter-of-fact way. The man checked the computer and found what he was looking for.

“Yes, Miss Brown. Suite 104, top floor; here's the key. Have a nice stay at the Hilton.” He ringed the bell and a young boy came out of no where and placed their bags on a golden cart. Ron found the boy's attire quite funny and had to pass off a guffaw as a hacking cough. The desk man and the bell boy fell for it, but Hermione didn't. When they turned around, she gave him a sharp jab in the ribs. He gave her a reproachful glare, but keep quite.

They got into lifts, similar to the ones at the Ministry of Magic, but without all the noise. When the lifts came to a stop, the bell boy crossed the small hallway to a solitary door. He swiped a bit of plastic through a metal slot and the door chimed and opened immediately. Ron was staring at the door as if it were a new way to play Quidditch.

“If dad could see this....” he muttered, and Harry and Hermione exchanged amused looks. The bell boy placed the luggage down and Hermione tipped him. He bowed deeply to them and walked out the door, telling them if they need anything, give him a ring.

The room was huge. Harry could only think of one to describe this room: Extravagance. The living area had three full size couches with four matching chairs, each with its own table. in the middle was a grand oak coffee table; dark oak and clawed feet. The only thing missing that they really needed was the numerous bookshelves with their research books and Harry's books he got for his birthday. The kitchen was one of which Mrs. Weasley would have killed for. The refrigerator was big enough for Harry, Ron and Hermione to fit in it comfortably; but seeing the fact that it was fully stocked, would have been a tight squeeze. Ron's eyes about popped out of his head when he saw it. He shot to the refrigerator and got a handful of food and began eating. Hermione, rolling her eyes, placed a refilling charm on it so it wouldn't run out with Ron eating everything in sight.

Hermione walked down the huge hall with three great wooden doors. She opened the door directly in front of her. It was almost as big as the kitchen, but with bedroom attire. A king size, four-poster canopy bed was in the center, surrounded by a great oak dresser and a small, but comfortable love seat. Another door lead off that room, which was a master bathroom. The bath tub reminded Harry of the one from the Prefect's bathroom. He could easily swim laps in it. The only thing different was the amount of taps; only two were found on this one.

The other two rooms were exactly like the one they had just been in. The trio picked their rooms and unpacked. They met back up in the living room, Hermione being the first one in there. She had summoned their research books and began to organize them by their importance.

“Well, I think we need to roam about the town. Find out the rumors of the house. See if anybody notices anything, anything at all. But I think we should start tomorrow. Let's just walk about town, get to know the place. Go and get ready, ok?”

Harry and Ron nodded and went to change into a fresh set of clothes. They came back fifteen minutes later and walked out of the door with Hermione. The desk clerk wished them a good day as they walked out in to the sunlight.

A couple of hours had passed of just walking around, seeing the sights, when they came up on the Riddle Mansion. It had a eriry feeling to it. Even a muggle could feel something about this place was not right. They stood there staring at it for what seemed like years. Something moved near by, startling them out of their trance. Harry had his hand tightly clenched around his wand on the inside of his jacket. Hermione pulled them both down as a jet to red light rocketed toward them.

“Get up! Now, get up I say! Show yourself!” said a man with deep, gravely voice.

Hermione looked at both Ron and Harry, not knowing what to do. Harry took charge.

“Close your minds, picture yourself in a completely white room and follow my lead.” he mouthed. He stood up and stepped from behind the bushes.

“Um.. who are you? What do you want?” Harry made sure to make it sound like he was scared, but Ron and Hermione knew different.

“Boy, don't try to be brave, I know it's you Potter, with Granger and Weasley over there.” An audible gasp was heard as Hermione stood up.

“Professor Moody? Is that you? How did you know it was us?” she said in awe.

“Well, Miss Granger, Yes, it's me. And my eye can see through that chew Tonks gave you. Now what do you think you all are doing so late out at night, in a strange town? And why are you here?” Hermione made to speak up, but Harry got there first.

“Vacation. Just a little break from all the normality at the burrow, you know.” and gave a small laugh.

“Uh-huh, and why do you feel it nessccary to change appearance for the sake of a vacation... in muggle town. They're not bound to recognize you that easily Potter.”

“Well, no need to take chances I say. Isn't that right Professor?” Moody really didn't fall for his story, but he decided to let it be for now.

“Now don't go about calling me that. Like I said before, I didn't really get to do all that much teaching if you remember.... Well, I better be off. You three best get back to your rooms,” and with a pop, he was gone.

“Do you think he believed us?” Ron said, still quite shaken up by the sudden appearance of Moody.

"How did he know we were here?" Hermione said, visably confused.

“I don't think he believed us, and it's Moody Hermione. Constant Vilgilance!" Harry said, smirking

"Well if it hadn't been for Harry's quick thinking on everything tonight, he wouldn't have let us be. Good job.” Hermione said beaming at him.

“Uh, thanks. It was no big deal. Well, he is right. Let's get back to our room. C'mon.”

And together they walked back, not knowing they were being watched.

“They have no clue what their getting into. No idea what lays in that house. All they want is to destroy the You-Know-Who. They need to know what the dangers are. Shall you help them... Regulus?”

*****

That's it! The next chapter shall be called “The Flask.” Who was the mysterious speaker? Is this 'Regulus' Sirius's brother? Will Moody leave them well enough alone? you shall find out next time! Review and Rate! Always appreciated!

~*~L~*~


Reviews 34
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear