Search:

SIYE Time:10:34 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


How It All Began....
By HaRrYnGiNnY8788

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Other, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fluff
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 34
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Harry and Ginny have survived to get married and have children. Now, it's their turn to tell the story. Ok, I know it's been forever, but chapter 8 is up, and I 'm half way done with chapter 9! It was a hard transition from high school to college, but it's all good now! Enjoy!
Hitcount: Story Total: 32207; Chapter Total: 3830





Author's Notes:
This is a really exciting chapter! Have fun and enjoy!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


~*~Chapter 4- The Flask~*~~~~~

“They have no clue what their getting into. No idea what lays in that house. All they want is to destroy the You-Know-Who. They need to know what the dangers are. Shall you help them... Regulus?”

A boy no older than Ron nor Harry in tatty robes, holes everywhere, stepped out under the street light. His hair hung down in his face; his eyes barely visible.

“No they do not need my help. My father left this job to me to be done unnoticed. I will get my vengeance for my father if it kills me,” and with soft pop, he was gone.

They young woman sighed heavily. “Oh, Reggie. I do worry so about you,” and with a slightly louder pop, she was disappeared.

*****

Back at the hotel, the trio were getting settled in the living room for one of their nightly sessions to find the remaining Horcruxes. They were no where near closer to figuring out how to destroy Gryffindor's flask than when they arrived three weeks ago. Hermione had finally decided to look once more in T'he Life and Times of Godric Gryffindor', to see if they had over-looked anything.

“Hermione, I'm telling you, I've looked up and down in there, and there's nothing!” Harry said irritably. His nerves seem to be on edge all the time, Hermione was not helping them a bit. Hermione ignored Harry and dove into the book, flipping the papers so fast, they became a blur.

“Harry, mate, I'm getting something from the icebox, want som-HEY!” Ron screamed in mid-sentence, pointing at the window. Harry wheeled around in his chair to see a brown tawny owl perched on the sill.

Harry jumped from his seat, ran to the window and opened it. The owl fluttered into the window and on to Harry's shoulder. He untied the note from his leg and it took flight and landed on a tall bookshelf. Harry looked at the note and opened it. It was from Ginny.

'Dear Harry, Ron and Hermione,

I know you said not to contact you, but you should know something I've found out. I think I might have found out how to destroy... the thing. Back when He was strong the first time, the “Birds” used the Armacost charm. No one knows where it originated from, but its said that its like the Avada Kadavra spell for objects. They used it on the Inferi, and the objects He charmed do to damage. I hope this helps. Be careful, and come home soon. Phelgm is driving me crazy, having to hang out with her all day! I love you all!

Much Love,
Ginny'

“Oh...oh.. I've heard of that before! I'm getting right on it!” You could practically se her heart pounding in her chest. Harry folded the note up and stored it in his pocket. Ron was looking between the two, confused.

“Who are the “birds?” he said, looking at Hermione.

“The Order of the Phoenix. Phoenix is a bird. She couldn't come right out and say the Order, if it was intercepted, she would have been in danger. She was very clever to do that.” Hermione said matter-of-factly, not looking up from her book. Harry felt immense pride welling up inside him. Ginny, his girlfriend, had practically solved the whole thing, and doing it so that no one could understand unless she wanted them to. He loved her so. Hermione snapped him out of his thoughts.

“Here! Here it is! 'The Armacost charm has been around for years, thought no one knew where it came from, or who invented it. The only things that are known about this charm is that, if used properly, banishes evil objects into thin air and they are never seen again. During the war with He-who-Must-Not-Be-Named, it was very commonly used. The charm is simple enough to say, but not very easily performed. One has to concentrate on what to destroy, and, to be able to use it, it has to be for good, not evil.' “ She looked around at them. She placed the book on the coffee table and stood, drawing her wand.

“Ok, this is what you have to do. Concentrate on the evil force you need to destroy. But the thing is, it won't work unless you're actually about to attempt to perform it upon the object, so that means you can't practice it. That's why it's so hard to get right,” she took a deep breathe and continued. “You recite 'Armatus' and, if performed right, a magenta light should emanate from your wand.”

She paused for a few minutes, to let the news sink in. Then Ron spoke up.

“Well, shall we do this then? We know everything else. I can't take much more of this.” He looked around for support. Hermione gave it some thought.

“Ok, I agree with Ron. There's really nothing else we can do with the spell, but pray it works. And we do know where the Horcrux is, and now we know how to get rid of it. And I do really want to get this over with. I say we do it.” She looked over at Harry.

“Ok, but give me a minute.” He ran from the room and got a scrap bit of parchment. He scribbled something down and called the the tawny owl over, tied the note to it's leg and the trio left the hotel.

*****

Back at the Burrow, Ginny was laying on her bed reading a book about evil forces, determined to do anything she could to help them. A brown owl landed on her window sill and rapped against the window. Ginny shot from her bed and over to the window. She took the note of the owl's leg and ripped it open. It read:

'Ginny

Thanks for all your help, we're off to do it. I love you.

Harry'

Her started pounding in her throat. She clutched the letter tight against her chest, knowing full well that that might be the last time she hears from her love. She could no longer hold her tears. They came flooding down from her eyes. Trying to stem the flow, she wiped angrily at them, but they did not stop. She eventually stopped trying, letting them come. Finally she fell asleep on her bed.

*****

The air had a sense of foreboding in it. It sent chills up and down the spines of Harry, Ron and Hermione. They stood together in a tight circle, outside the most haunted, scariest place in the whole village. No brave man would venture near it, but here stood three barley legal teenagers. Since they were eleven years old, they went on dangerous adventures. From fighting giant trolls, three-headed dogs, giant snakes, escaped criminals who turn out to be the youngest godfather, to dragons, merpeople, the scariest, most violent wizard of the age and his supporters, to now. This could be the most dangerous thing they have ever attempted in their young lives. Not to mention the longest, which has to end in murder either way.

“Ok... this is it. No turning back.” Harry's voice shook no matter how hard he tried to stop it. He couldn't help but be nervous. He may never see the light of day again. They all could die in that house.

Together, they walked through the rusty gates. They kept their eyes peeled and ears sharp. They heard nothing but the sounds of crickets and frogs, and saw nothing but birds and owls flying about. The trio finally reached the double oak doors. With wands drawn and at the ready, Harry pushed the doors open.

The house was huge, thought it didn't look this big as it did on the outside. Magic was obviously in use here, which didn't comfort them any.

“Ok, I think it's not safe to split up into different rooms, so lets just take it one at a time, but all three of us on our own in the same room. Ok?” Ron and Hermione nodded at him. “Well, since we're here, lets just do this one. Now, if you sense the use of magic around, be careful. If you do something wrong, you could be killed. This won't be easy.” With that, they broke apart and set about doing their job.

The first room was a mess; like it had been ransacked. Furniture upturned, trash all over the place. However messy, nothing of great help was to be found in here. So the trio built up a shield and took off to the next room. The kitchen was, to the very least, a dump. Mold growing on the walls, there were more spider webs than in Aragog's nest in the Forbidden Forest.

“This will take forever, going room to room. I've got an idea. Close your eyes and try to feel the energy in the flask, maybe that would help us know if it was in here or not.”

They all agreed and closed their eyes. Concentrating very hard, nothing came to him. It seemed like it was hopeless until he heard Hermione gasp.

“What? What is it? Do you feel something?” he said anxiously.

“Yes, but it wasn't very strong. It's not in here Harry, lets move on.”

Together, they went about their “tour” again. Each time stopping and trying to feel the magic and each time Hermione said it was getting stronger. Then they reached the top of the stairs and they tried it again. This time, not only Hermione felt it, but Harry did as well. Ron still felt nothing. They went into each room until they got outside the last and final door. Having searched the master bedroom, master bathe, servants quarters, and three other bathrooms, they assumed that this had to be Voldemort's fathers room.

They concentrated on the flask again and a Ron surprised them.

“Whoa, what was that?”

“What was what Ron?” Hermione whispered.

“That... feeling. It was weird.”

“Oh my goodness. You felt it this time. This must be very powerful, Harry. We need to be very careful.”

Ron huffed. “Hey, what's that supp-” but Harry held up a hand to stop him, giving a look that clearly said “This is not the time or place”. Harry held his wand and reached for the door, but couldn't get near the handle. He cursed under his breathe.

“It's charmed so where I can't touch the handle. Do you know of anything we can do?” he asked Hermione.

“Well, back in fourth year, when the fake Moody took you, Dumbledore was so angry he blasted the door opened with 'Expelliarmus', should we try?”

“Why not. But we have to be mad for it be powerful and we should all three do it. Ok?” When they nodded, he went on. “So, I guess focus on something that makes you so made, you can't see straight. Ready, pick one.”

Harry didn't have much trouble with this. He thought of so many things that made him mad, and soon he was shaking with anger.

“On three. One.... Two.... THREE!”

“EXPELLIARMUS!” Harry, Ron and Hermione yelled at the top of their lung. The door burst open, flew up against a wall, and smashed into a thousand shreds. They waited a few moments before talking, just to make sure nothing was going to happen. They looked at one another, and walked straight into the room. It was glowing an eririy green color, similar to the color in the middle of the lake in cave where the locket Horcrux was. They split up and searched the room. They found nothing until they came to a closet door, which would not open.

“Ok, now this has to have the flask in it, so Harry, stand back and get ready to concentrated on the Armacost spell. It's Armatus, ok? Ron and I will take care of the door, if anything happens, don't try and help us until you destroy the flask, you hear me?”

Harry gulped hard and nodded. He concentrated on the spell as he watched Ron and Hermione, his two best friends in the world, walk to the door raising their wands.

“EXPELLIARMUS!”

The door flew open and Ron and Hermione were thrown across the room, smashing into the wall. Harry looked back at the closet. The opening was becoming wider and wider. It was going to swallow the house whole if he didn't act quick.

“Accio Flask!”

The flask came zooming out of the growing black hole. Before it got to close, Harry yelled:

“Armatus!”

Nothing happened. Everything was going black. He had failed. He was knocked over by the fierce wind being sucked into the hole. Three faces floated in his head. With the remaining strength he had left he stood.

Thinking of Ron, Hermione and Ginny, he screamed, “ARMATUS!”

A brilliant pink light shone from his wand and surrounded the flask. Harry shielded his face from the light. With a loud crack, the flask burst into flames, leaving no ashes. A hideous green smog floated above it, screaming, then faded into vapor. It was all over. The black hole quit growing, the light faded and Harry fell into darkness.

*****

He woke with a throbbing headache. He propped up slowly to look about him. He was back in the hotel. Wondering how he got back there, he tried to stand up, couldn't and fell back into his pillows. A few moments later, Hermione limped in.

“HARRY! Oh, Harry you're awake! Ron! RON! Harry's up!” she ran to him.

“Oh Harry! Thank goodness. We didn't know what to do. Out cold for ages!” and she engulfed him into a hug, but a seemingly weak one.

Ron walked swiftly into the room, a broad smile across his face. “'Bout time mate. You've been out for nearly a week. We've been looking in every Healer book we could to figure out what was wrong with you. We nearly had to take you to St. Mungo's, 'til Hermione here found what we were looking for. What you had done, had drained all your magic power. We bought all the ingredients we needed to brew you a potion that should help you to heal better; that was four days ago. The potion should have helped immediately; so you see we were worried.” He gave a soft chuckle and sat down on the edge of Harry's bed.

“Thanks for that. What about the Horcrux?” Looking between the two. Hermione spoke first.

“It's gone. For good. We made sure of that before we left for here. Can you tell us what happened? I mean we don't know anything after we opened the down and were rammed into the wall. It didn't look like anything happened when we woke up.”

“Well,” and he went into detail about the closet caving in, becoming a black hole.

“What's a black hole?” Ron said, trying to understand everything that was being said.

“A black hole is a region of spacetime from which nothing can escape, even light.” Hermione said as it were as common as air to now the definition. She motioned for Harry to continue.

“Anyways, the black hole was sucking anything and everything it could. I did the only thing I could think of. I used the Summoning Charm to get the flask. Surprisingly, it worked. Once I saw it flying at me, I did the Armacost spell and, at first it didn't work. Everything started to go black, but then I found all the strength I had and tried again. It worked. The whole room glowed a bright pink as it surrounded the flask. Then this hideous green smoke burst out of it and kind of hovered over it. It sounded like it was screaming. Then it disappeared; the flask burst into flames, but there was no ashes falling down. It was weird. Well, then I blacked out.”

“But Harry, how did you manage to regain the strength to try again. You sounded like you could barely blink you were so tired.” Hermione sounded incredibly like Mrs. Weasley at that moment, that even Ron looked over at, as if to see his mother sitting there.

“I, um,” he started turning a bit red, but he thought he had enough courage to say it. “ I thought about you all. You, Ron... and Ginny. I thought about you all and saving you, and I had the strength to try again.”

Hermione had tears running down her face and Ron looked touched, but somewhat uncomfortable; being a guy of his nature, he did take to well with expressed emotions.

“Oh Harry! I'm so proud of you! Aren't you too, Ron?” she said as she hugged him again.

“Oh yea, mate. Couldn't do it without you.”

“Well, I suppose I could go start some supper. What would you like Harry?”

“Why does he get to choose? What makes him so special?” Ron said in mock-anger.

They both cracked a smile, and Hermione huffed and left the room, heard uttering, “Boys.” The door closed and Ron said “Women.”

“I want kidney pie Hermione! With apple pie for dessert!”

They both burst into laughter.

“I would have settled for anything right now. I'm so hungry. How many days did you say I was out again?”

“Six. You really gave us a scare their mate. We nearly got mum. We would have called her before we would have taken you to St. Mungo's.”

“So Ginny doesn't know what happened?”

“No, I don't suppose.”

“Good, I want to leave it that way until I have a chance to tell her myself, you know?”

“Yea, ok. Sound's good.” He paused and gave it some thought.

“Well, I guess we could go back home know, huh?”

“Yea, I guess we could.”


A/N: Well, there ya go! Hope you like it, and if you do REVIEW!!! Please and thank you! The next chapter will be called “To his heart's content.”
~*~L~*~
Reviews 34
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear