Search:

SIYE Time:0:22 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


How It All Began....
By HaRrYnGiNnY8788

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Minerva McGonagall, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Other, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fluff
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 34
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Harry and Ginny have survived to get married and have children. Now, it's their turn to tell the story. Ok, I know it's been forever, but chapter 8 is up, and I 'm half way done with chapter 9! It was a hard transition from high school to college, but it's all good now! Enjoy!
Hitcount: Story Total: 32204; Chapter Total: 3828







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


~*~Chapter 6 An Even Bigger Surprise~*~

Hermione stood outside Ginny's door, listening intently to hear any sounds from inside. She heard nothing, which made her worry. She opened the door and poked her head inside.

“Ginny? Are you ok?”

Ginny turned from where she stood by the window. She sighed and walked to the bed, and sat down on the edge.

“Yeah... I'm ok. Just a little shook up I guess. It's a really big shock. I'm sorry I ran out like I did. How are Harry and Ron?”

“Well, they're as ok as can be expected, but Harry's a little worried about you. With Dean and all.”

“I knew he would be. I couldn't sit in there anymore. It was like all the air was being sucked out of the room, and I couldn't breathe. I never expected Dean be... killed. I mean he's not even a threat to Voldemort!” Ginny collapsed into tears. She pulled her legs up to her chest and hugged them.

“Ginny.. what could I do to help?”

“Get Harry for me, please.”

“Of course,” and Hermione walked back out Ginny's room and back down to the kitchen. There, Harry and Ron sat around the table. Ron was already eating again, but Harry looked ill.

“Harry, Ginny would like to see you.”

Harry looked at Hermione curiously for a split second before he stood and walked briskly to Ginny.

As Harry reached the first floor landing, he saw her door open. Slowly he walked into her room. She was laying down on her bed in the fetal position. Harry walked over and sat down beside her.

“Hold me Harry,” she said quietly.

“Of course Gin,” and he stretched out next to her and she rolled over, facing him. He wrapped his arms around and she snuggled closer to him.

That's the way they stayed for four hours. Harry holding her and whispering comforting words while Ginny clung to him. Finally, Ginny feel asleep. Harry quietly un-tangled her from him and stood up. He shut the door softly and went to find Ron and Hermione. He found them in the living room. Ron was polishing his broom and Hermione, of course, had her nose in a book. Harry sat down on the couch with Hermione.

“How is she?” Hermione asked, looking up from her book.
“She's not perfect, but she's a lot better. We didn't talk, she just wanted me to hold her, and I did. When she went to sleep I came down here to find you guys. What are you reading?”

“Well, that's a bit comforting. Oh, this? It's a book I ordered from Florish and Blotts. It's called 'The Four Hogwarts Founders'. It's really interesting,” she said, going back to her book.

“Hey Ron.. you up for a game of Exploding Snap or chess. I need something to take my mind off things.”

“Sure mate,” and he and Harry played alternate games for the rest of the evening.

*****

It had been two weeks since the trio had returned from Little Haggleton. Each day went by in the same way. They woke up, ate breakfast while Hermione looked through the Daily Prophet. Then the trio plus Ginny would all sit in the living room, reading books or planning out stratagies, next would be lunch. Following lunch, they would take the studying outside for fresh air. They took a break before dinner and just fooled around. Sometimes they would all four play a game, or sometimes they broke in their couples, for “alone time”.

Since Harry and Ginny had accidentally ran up on Ron and Hermione, they had officially announced their involvement with each other, as Hermione put it. They still didn't know that Ginny and Harry had saw them, and, unless they found out in a different way, it was going to remain so.

The search for the horcruxes was basically at a stand still. They had gotten no further since they had been home. Hogwarts started in two days, they were losing the best researcher since Hermione. Ginny was no happier about leaving than Harry was about her leaving.

Ginny was making her way out of her room on the last day she as at home, with Harry, when she bump directly into him.

“Oh Harry, I'm so sorry!”

“No, it's fine, I'm ok. Listen we need to talk, meet me tonight at midnight in the living room,” he said barely above a whisper. He waited until he saw her nod, then he walked back to Ron's room.

Ginny went down to breakfast, ideas of what Harry needed to talk to her about flying through her head. 'He couldn't be breaking up with me again, could he?', but she threw that thought right out, he wouldn't do that to her again. 'Harry James Potter, what are you up to?'

As if on cue, Harry came down the stairs.

“Mrs. Weasley-” he started, but Mrs. Weasley cut him off.

“Now, dear, please call me 'mum'. After all these years, you are practically my son.”

Blushing a bit around the neck, he smiled and continued, “Mum, I'm going into town for a few hours, I'll be back before dinner, though.”

“That's alright dear. Just be careful.” She smiled back at him, tears shining in her eyes, as Harry finally called her the endearment she had wanted to hear from him since he was eleven. 'He is such a sweet boy and I love him dearly' she thought to her self, 'but there's just way to much on his shoulders. Well, if it hadn't been for Ron and Hermione, and now Ginny, I wouldn't how he would handle it.'

Harry glanced at Ginny briefly and gave a small wink and he walked out of the door. Ginny got up and followed him, but by the time she got outside, he had already gone. 'Why did he Apparate to go to town.'

Ginny sat in her room, staring out of the window, waiting for Harry to come back. Questions ran through her mind. It was getting dark and Harry still had not returned. She was getting worried. Finally, through the darkness, she saw a tall, slim figure she knew all too well. She got up and had to control herself from running down to meet him.

She walked through the kitchen at the same time Harry walked through the door.

“Perfect timing Harry. I was just about to lay out supper,” said Mrs. Weasley, smiling.

It seemed like the whole Weasley clan was at supper that night. Half way through the meal, Mrs. Weasley broke down and cried because Ron wasn't going back to school and Ginny would be the only one there. Besides her outburst, the supper went on without any more upsetting interruptions.

When everyone seem to have their fill, they all moved into the living room. Ginny and Hermione talked over one book, Ron and Harry joined Fred and George in a game of Exploding Snap; Mr. and Mrs. Weasley sat with Bill and Fleur, chatting pleasantly and Charlie sat with Remus and Tonks, who had shown up after supper, talking quietly. It was already a half hour before Harry wanted to meet with Ginny alone, and the only people who had left where Remus and Tonks, and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. He thought he would get the ball rolling, excusing himself first. He gave Ginny a small wink and left. Ginny caught on and followed a few minutes later. Sure enough, by five before midnight, everyone had gone to bed.

Ginny got passed Hermione, saying she was going to take a shower, because she felt 'gross'.
When she got to the living room, Harry was already there, standing with his back to her, gazing into the fire. He hadn't heard her come in, so when he felt her hand on his shoulder, he jumped in surprise. Harry turned and looked Ginny in the eyes.

His arms found her waist and pulled her to him. Ginny wrapped her arms instinctively around his shoulders and let him hold her tight. Harry settled his head on top of hers, breathing in the flowery scent. After what seemed like hours, he pulled away from her. He cast a silencing charm around the living room.

“Harry, what did you do that for?” Ginny asked, watching Harry's every move.

“I don't want to be over heard. Sit down Ginny, please.”

She sat down, fighting the curiosity in her. Harry came and sat down beside her.

“Ginerva Molly Weasley, I love you with all my heart. I never knew I could love anyone this much. I had never really felt love of any kind until I met your family. They have shown me kindness I didn't think I deserved, but they love me nevertheless. However the love I get from you is different. You understand me more than any person ever could. More than Hermione does, which is saying something. There's nothing that girl doesn't understand. I hate it that your leaving tomorrow and I won't see you for the most of nine months. It will kill me to be away from you that long,” Harry said, strongly without wavering. Ginny about screamed when Harry moved from the couch to kneel down on one knee in front of her. He slowly pulled out a small black velvet box.

“I love you Gin. Will you always be with me, heart, body and soul? Will you be my wife?”

Ginny had tears in her eyes, but willed them away. She had never expected this. Here he was, the man of her dreams, kneeling before her. Looking worried and scared, but also confident at the same time, but Harry was also looking at her with so much love. She couldn't let him stay any longer in suspense. Ginny let a small smile crept on her face.

“Yes. Yes, I will marry you, Harry James Potter!” Ginny said, barely less than a scream.

Harry pried open the little box with his fingers, showing Ginny the biggest diamond ring she had every seen. She was about to protest when Harry cut her off.

“Now, don't you try to convince me that this is too much, because nothing is too much for you. I would be insulted if you didn't except what I picked out for you,” he said, pouting at her.

Ginny laughed, “Ok, but how are we going to explain this to mum?” A look of fear came over her face.

“Now, don't worry about that. I have a plan. This ring has a spell on it so where only you can see it. Others with just see a plain silver band, but they will be able to feel it, so don't let it get close to anyone.”

Harry carefully pulled the ring out of its protective slit, and, slipping on her third finger of her left hand, kissed her cheek.

After several minutes of enjoying just being alone, they broke apart and decided it was time to head off to bed.

*****

Early the next morning, Ginny was woken up, quite suddenly, by her mother throwing open the door.

“Ginerva Molly Weasley!? What are you still doing in bed? We have to be a King's Cross in 45 minutes! Get UP!”

Ginny let out a long moan and tried to roll over in bed, but two hands gently grasped her around the shoulders.

“Gin, you really need to get up,” Harry said, then getting close so where Hermione couldn't hear, “or I won't a fiance of marry any more.”

That did it. Ginny got up and looked around at Harry. It took a few minutes to realize what he had just said, then memories of last night came flooding back to her. She smiled at him, and got out from under the covers. Harry gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“Nice hair, luv,” he said, chuckling at her.

“I could say the same thing,” Ginny retorted, a wicked smile on her face.

“Hey, I thought you liked my hair!” Harry said in mock hurt.

“I never said that. 'You' thought that, not me,” and with that she shut the door. He heard her laughing inside and walked away with a smile on his face.

It took the whole lot of them to get ready and be a King's Cross thirty minutes. Since everyone could Apparate but Ginny, Mrs. Weasley let Harry Apparate her there too. when they got there, they had fifteen minutes before the train was to ship off. While the rest of the family talked to other families, Harry and Ginny found a cozy corner to say good-bye to each other so no one else could see.

“I can't even tell you how much I will miss you. I'm glad I don't have huge exams this year, or I would definitely fail,” Ginny said between kisses.

“Don't let Hermione hear you say that, or she'll give a speech that all exams are important,” Harry said, pulling away and running his fingers through her hair, “I wish I could say that I will be ok without you, but that would be a lie.”

“Ginny! You will miss the train if you don't come on!” Mrs. Weasley yelled across the crowded station.

“Your mother beckons. I will miss you and I love you so much. When all of this is over, we'll be happy and live together with four children! I promise you that,” Harry said, lifting her left hand, kissing her ring.

“You better keep yourself safe, or I will kill you Potter. I'm keeping you to the four children promise!” Ginny said, no hint of tears in sight. He loved her toughness in rough times. Harry was never one for the crying game, and he felt awkward around a woman crying. He kissed her one last time, and she went to say good-bye to the rest of her family.

Harry walked her to the train door. Helped her up and to find a compartment. He got off and watched the train speed away with his Ginny on it.


That's it! Till next time!
~*~L~*~
Reviews 34
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear