Search:

SIYE Time:6:02 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter/Granger And The Philosopher's Stone
By Marcus S Lazarus

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama
Warnings: Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 82
Summary: Harry is badly beaten by the Dursleys and is sent to an orphanage, where he befriends a girl who shall become his sister in every way that matters... Hermione Granger. How would things change from this one moment?
Hitcount: Story Total: 44275; Chapter Total: 5310





Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I don’t own anything you recognise; you know the drill by now

Feedback: Of course

AN: I’m crap when it comes to the school allocation system, but I didn’t want to have Harry and Hermione committed to anything yet; I figured it would just be too difficult for them to be reallocated after getting their Hogwarts letters. Therefore, assume that they took a few qualification exams to keep their options open, but aren’t committed to anything yet, and are now trying to figure out where to go




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Sitting in the prison waiting room, staring angrily ahead of him, Rubeus Hagrid drummed his fingers impatiently on the table as he waited for the guards to bring in the man he was here to see. Normally these lengths weren’t necessary to deliver a letter to a new student at Hogwarts- even the muggle-borns managed to work it out in the end- but when the student was Harry Potter…

Well, Dumbledore believed in making sure things went well. Given what had happened to put them in this position, Dumbledore acknowledged that the chances of Harry having been told the truth about himself were slim at best, but he still believed in making sure…

The door opened, and Vernon Dursley was led into the visitor’s room, visibly fuming as his guard led him to the chair opposite Hagrid, his wrists bound by handcuffs and a swollen black eye on his face. Hagrid couldn’t even be bothered ask what had happened; he and Dumbledore had already studied Vernon’s prison record before Hagrid came here.

Although child abuse was a serious crime, under normal circumstances, Vernon might soon have been up for parole for good behaviour. However, he was as poor a prisoner as he had been a guardian for Harry; he constantly complained about everything, tried to intimidate some of the other prisoners to get his own way, and had more often than not beaten some of the less violent prisoners (Primarily the thieves). At the moment, his sentence still had ten years to go, although based on his record the prison governors were expecting it to be extended any day now.

His wife was probably the better off of the two of them; she was still in prison, but she at least was up for parole in a couple of months, even if it would only result in her being transferred to a mental asylum. Ever since she’d been separated from her husband and her son she’d mainly just kept to herself and often muttered about her ‘dinky Diddums’; many thought that the trauma of what had happened had scarred her mind.

But Hagrid couldn’t bring himself to pity her state; the only pity he had in this case was for Harry. Quite frankly, Hagrid hated even the idea of having to talk to this… thing that had been meant to look after Harry, after what he’d done to the poor kid, but it had to be done.

After the guard had left, Vernon looked up at Hagrid, a glare in his eyes.

“You are?” he asked contemptuously, as though he thought he was somehow better than Hagrid. The way he tried to hold himself, it was almost as though he thought their positions were reversed and Hagrid was the one behind the bullet-proof glass…

Hagrid just glared back; after all the time it had taken him to tame Fluffy, it took a lot to intimidate him.

“Names aren’t important here, Dursley,” he said, deciding not to bother with the formalities and just get down to business. “’M here about Harry; we need ter know if he knows anything about who he is.”

Vernon almost seemed to explode at that query.

“That ungrateful FREAK!” he roared, standing up and looking ready to punch something. “We took him out of the kindness of our hearts and this is how he repays us!”

“REPAYS YER!” Hagrid yelled, standing up to glare back at Vernon, uncaring of the fact that his head nearly touched the ceiling now that he was standing up. His temper was already short when it came to this bastard; he was just going to give this guy a piece of his mind and then finish the job he’d come here to do. “YOU TRIED TER BLOODY MURDER HIM, DURSLEY! AND IF I’D BEEN THERE YE’D HAVE GOTTEN OFF WORSE THAN YER ACTUALLY DID! NOW DOES HE OR DOES HE NOT KNOW ANYTHING!”

Slamming his hands against the glass, Vernon could only roar in rage at Hagrid, the sentence barely coherent due to the sheer volume of it in such an enclosed space. However, Hagrid was unconcerned about the specific details; he’d made out enough of the rantings to gather that the answer to his question was, indubitably, ‘no’.

“Right,” he said, glaring back at Dursley. “I’ll leave ye, then.”

As he turned away from the most repulsive moral example of humanity he’d ever encountered, Hagrid put one hand into his pocket and felt the two letters there.

Well, he thought to himself, as he left the visitor’s room and nodded politely at the guard to show that he was finished, before he began to walk towards the entrance hall, guess it’s up ter me ter fill ‘im in.

He smiled at the thought. This part of the job may have been awkward, true, but he was eagerly anticipating the next bit.

After all, he’d been waiting for ages for the chance to meet the family who had taken Harry in as though he’d been their own…

-------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- --------
“HARRY!” a voice called out eagerly. “Get up, will you; you can’t still be asleep at a time like this!”

Groaning, Harry blinked his eyes open, smiling slightly as he glanced around his room, no matter how blurry things were without his glasses. Even after five years living here, he still enjoyed the simple pleasure those words seemed to evoke whenever he thought them.

His room…

True, it hadn’t been much to start with- just the spare room beside Hermione’s bedroom with a bed, some shelves, and a desk in it- but Jane and Hermione had taken him shopping after they’d returned from Glasgow. Fortunately, Alan had called the rest of the family to let them know about the addition of Harry to the family, and the Grangers had all eagerly chipped in some money to help Harry acquire some extra items for his new room. Books, a radio, even a few CDs…

“Come ON, little brother!” a voice said, as someone grabbed Harry’s bedcovers and yanked them off the bed, breaking off his train of reminiscing.

Rolling his eyes, Harry reached over, picked his glasses up off his bedside table, and glanced over in the direction of the speaker.

“Hermione,” he said, staring in exasperation at his ‘sister’, who was looking at him with an eager grin (And, Harry noted, still in her pyjamas; it must only be about nine), “could you please stop calling me ‘little’ brother? I’m only a few months younger than you!”

Hermione grinned teasingly back at him. “Like I said; little brother,” she said, as she stuck her tongue out at him.

“Right; that does it!” Harry said, as he grabbed his pillow and tossed it at Hermione, before jumping out of bed, tackling her to the ground, and beginning to tickle her mercilessly.

“H-H-Harry!” Hermione yelled, her voice barely audible over her laughter, “s-stop it, will you?”

Chuckling, Harry did as she asked, stood back up, and then hauled Hermione back onto her feet, chuckling as he saw her glaring in mock anger at him; they both knew ‘the glare’ never worked, but still tried to make the other feel bad after their now-typical ‘tickle matches’. Currently the score for the month was almost equal, although since it was only July 28th, they would probably have to start recounting soon.

“You know, you really need to try and change tactics if you want to catch me out,” Harry said, as he pulled on his dressing gown and walked downstairs with Hermione towards the kitchen; he could already smell Jane’s bacon and eggs. “That’s, what, the sixtieth time since we started this whole thing that you’ve tried to take me by surprise while I’m waking up? When will you learn that I wake up faster than you?”

Hermione shrugged dismissively. “It does work… well, most of the time, anyway,” she said, looking at Harry with a smile on her face. “You sleep in so much over the summer, the odds of you being totally alert at that hour are very slim!”

Harry sighed as he looked over at Hermione, but whatever reply he was about to make was stopped by Mrs Granger sticking her head out of the kitchen door and looking at them critically.

“Are you two going to keep arguing about tickle-fighting methods, or are you going to have your breakfast?” she said, smiling casually at her two children. “You two really need to start getting up earlier, or you’ll have started to miss lunch!”

She chuckled as her two children sat down for breakfast and began to pile the bacon and eggs onto their plates. “You should just be grateful your father and I haven’t decided what school we’ll be sending you two to yet; I’d be insisting you get up earlier than this to ensure you get into practice for when it starts.”

Harry and Hermione just glanced over at each other and exaggeratedly rolled their eyes; their parents were always going on about not having chosen their senior school yet. They’d taken a few entrance exams and passed them all with excellent marks, but other than that, they just didn’t have any real idea.

“Hey, where is Dad anyway?” Hermione asked, looking up at her mother.

“He had to go to work early; one of our patients needs to have a tooth extracted early today before a business meeting,” Mrs Granger explained, as she began to put the pans away. “Don’t worry, though; he’s agreed to take care of business while I keep an eye on you two today.”

She and Hermione briefly exchanged a knowing look; they both knew that Alan Granger had really just left early this morning to pick up Harry’s birthday presents without him knowing. The three of them had decided what they’d give him the previous evening while Harry had been reading a Sherlock Holmes book in his room-The Sign of Four, if Hermione remembered correctly-, and Alan had volunteered to pick the presents up the next morning.

“So, anything in particular on today?” Harry asked, looking over at his adopted mother inquiringly.

Mrs Granger opened her mouth to reply, but then a loud, resounding knock at the door drowned out all other sounds in the house.

“What the…?” Hermione said, as she glanced over at her mother. “Were you expecting anyone, Mum?”

“No…” Mrs Granger said, puzzled, as she stood up from where she’d sat down opposite her children and headed for the door, followed by Harry and Hermione. She opened the door just as another knock was beginning…
Reviews 82
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear