Search:

SIYE Time:15:00 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


I Could Get Used To This
By harryluvsginny

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Alternate Universe
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff, Songfic
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 8
Summary: Ginny realizes that Harry can only be described in one word-perfect!
Hitcount: Story Total: 6610







ChapterPrinter


My friend and I are big fans of The Veronicas and they do this one song called “I Could Get Used To This” and we decided this would be a great song for Harry and Ginny, well, mostly Ginny, but it’s about Harry. So, here ya go...

Disclaimer: I am not, nor will I ever be, the owner of Harry Potter (50 points to whoever figures out where this line is from!)
-~-~-~-~-~-~
Ginny sighed, trying really hard to concentrate on her Transfiguration homework. Yet all she could think about was the hand that was fiddling with her fingers. His other hand was caressing her back, sending shivers of pleasure up her spine.


You make me breakfast in bed
When I'm mixed up in my head


She secretly loved this, but she had to get this done. She smiled, knowing he wasn’t going to let up. She looked up into the face of Harry Potter, her boyfriend, and leaned over and kissed him softly before turning back to her parchment.


You wake me with a kiss
I could get used to this


They had been dating for two months, thanks to Fred and George. It was nearly impossible to think the twins were capable of doing something like this, yet they had and both Harry and Ginny were thankful. They were at the Burrow and Fred and George had charmed Harry and Ginny to tell their hidden feelings for each other. And from then on, they had been together.


When they had woken up next morning , Harry had taken Ginny for walk outside, still in his pajamas. He had told her that it didn’t matter what she wore or how she looked, he thought she was beautiful either way.


You think I look the best
When my hair is a mess


She still thought she was the luckiest girl in the world. He was the world’s most perfect boyfriend, it was unbelievable how romantic he was. He would always save a spot for her at mealtimes, he would walk her to class, holding her hand with entwined fingers, and he would always tell her she was the most beautiful woman in the world. And, she could believe it.


I can't believe you exist
I could get used to this


She didn’t understand why he chose her over all the girls at Hogwarts. They’re were plenty of girls who were much prettier than her, much smarter than her, and more fun to be with, yet he paid them no mind. She wondered how she got to be so lucky.


Because I know you're too good to be true
I must have done something good to meet you


He told her he loved her no matter what. That even if she got mad at him, he would always love her. If she were to break down crying, he would comfort her with his loving arms. He had even gone so far as to charm her name all over his chest.


'Cause you wrote my name across your hand
When I freak you understand


How could one guy be so...perfect?! It was seemingly impossible, yet Harry managed to do it.


There is not a thing you miss
And I could get used to this


She always got a tingly sensation when she thought of the first time he told her he loved her. She was shocked for a few moments before she launched herself into his arms and snogged him senseless.


I'm feeling it comin' over me
With you it all comes naturally


She smiled wistfully as she thought of yesterday. She was talking with Ron about the Chudley Cannons when Harry, who had been sitting beside her, slipped his arms around her waist and started kissing her neck. She tried to swat him away with her hand, but he persisted, and, after seeing Ron leave with disgust on his face, she gave in.


Lost the reflex to resist
And I could get used to this


After a bit of cuddling and nuzzling, she asked him what he thought of the Cannons. He had told her ‘anything you like, I like.’


You love the songs I write
You like the movies I like


She still felt a whirlwind of emotions when she thought about him. He was THE Harry Potter, The-Boy-Who-Lived, The-Boy-Destined-To-Defeat-Voldemort, yet he chose her anyways.


There must be some kind of twist
But I could get used to this


Whenever she had a nightmare, she would come to him. He would pull her to his chest, cover them with the covers, and stroke her hair until she fell asleep.


Because you listen to me when I'm depressed
It doesn't seem to make you like me less


He was her knight in shining armor, her reason to live, the very air she breathed, he was her everything.


'Cause you wrote my name across your hand
When I freak you understand
There is not a thing you miss
And I could get used to this


I'm feeling it comin' over me
With you it all comes naturally
Lost the reflex to resist
And I could get used to this


She knew he was nothing like Tom. He was the exact opposite, actually. It was a good thing, though. And she knew Harry was going to win. Tom didn’t have the capacity to live. She didn’t really think he wanted to anyways.


If there's a dark side to you I haven't seen it
Every good thing you do feels like you mean it


She loved everything about him-from his messy hair to his slightly abnormal feet. He was everything she wanted and everything she could ever need. It was practically impossible not to love him.


'Cause you wrote my name across your hand
When I freak you understand
There is not a thing you miss
And I could get used to this



I'm feeling it comin' over me
With you it all comes naturally
Lost the reflex to resist
And I could get used to this


She had complete faith in him. He was her savior, so she would try to be his, no matter what the cost. She would die for him and she knew he would do the same for her.


'Cause you wrote my name across your hand
When I freak you understand
There is not a thing you miss
And I could get used to this



And when they got married (for she knew they would get there someday) he would be the same as always.


You make me breakfast in bed
When I'm mixed up in my head
You wake me with a kiss


Just then, Harry came down the portrait hole, smiled at her, took her shoes and socks off and started rubbing her feet. “I could get used to this,” she told him.
Reviews 8
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear