Search:

SIYE Time:19:02 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Deeper Than The Ocean
By harrya

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:None
Genres: Tragedy
Warnings: Death
Rating: G
Reviews: 2
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2006 ***

After Voldemort’s downfall, everything returns back to normal. Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny find solace after all, but it doesn’t stay that way for long. A tragedy occurs and everything changes . . .
Hitcount: Story Total: 2769



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.





ChapterPrinter


Chapter 1 : Prologue
A red head walked in the late evening towards her home, lost in thought. It was a glorious sunset making the tree tops shine like gold and the light autumn leaves crisped under her feet as she made her way slowly.

"Ginny! Hey, Gin, wait for me." a voice yelled from behind her.

Ginny spun around. It was her friend and room-mate, Christine.

"Gin, Gin, Gin! You'll never believe this. . . Jack Adams, the Jack Adams is going to propose to you!"

"What?"

Ginny was shocked. No, rather she was overcome with so many emotions at the same time that she felt quite giddy. Not knowing what to say, she allowed herself to be pulled by her friend, who was chattering excitedly, towards their flat.

"Wow Ginny. Imagine being liked by the second most handsome man in ‘witch weekly world’? Oh, you are so lucky. I would have died to be in your position. You know, I just came to know of this - Ben told me . . .”

* * *

That night, Ginny sat besides the window, hugging her knees, tears prickling her eyes, as she looked at the moon hidden behind the clouds. Oh how she vividly remembered that day - when for the first time she had felt the deep love for her radiating from him. He had held her hand tightly and it was then that they knew that they were made for each other. But now it was all ruined just because of her one stupid mistake . . . that fateful day . . .

"Hey Gin," Christine was up and placed her hand on her shoulder. Ginny jumped lightly and wiped her tears quickly. "Ginny, something's wrong. Why are you acting like this? You haven't eaten anything. What is it? I thought you liked Jack. He is a nice guy, handsome, famous and mostly, he loves you! Then . . .?"

"I know Chris, and it’s not that I hate him. It's just that my heart is already with somebody else. I've already loved someone since I was ten, and I don’t think that I could love any other person more."

"Who is it?"

"Harry Potter."

"Wha - ?"

"Yes. I love him, Chris, I love him." Ginny started crying again. "He is my first love and I can't forget him."

"Then - how did you part?" asked Chris, sitting down in front of her.

"It's a long story." Ginny looked out of the window and sighed. It was raining softly now making the city look magnificent reminding Ginny of London, then the Burrow, then her family, then Hogwarts and then Harry.

Giving a hearty sniff she said, “It goes like this . . ."

~ Flashback ~
Eight years ago . . .

Harry could not find an exact word to describe his emotions at that moment. Was it love? Was it joy? Or was it a kind of madness that overtook him? Actually there was a simple word for it - Happy. Well, any one would be, if they were dining with (according to them) the best family in the world- if they were sitting with their love and most importantly if they had defeated the darkest lord of all times.

“Harry, dear, eat some more. You look quite thin.” Molly's words cut through Harry's thoughts suddenly.

“No thanks, Mrs. Weasley, I'm quite full. In fact if I eat any more I'll soon be the-very-fat-boy-who-defeated-the-dark-l ord!”

“Of course not Mum. He can't afford to be. Because if he becomes fat, then he and our little sis will have quite some trouble at night” said Fred with a glint in his eye.

At this, Ginny stamped his foot and was about to say something rude when fortunately she was interrupted by a huge bang opposite her. It was Ron and Hermione, fighting as usual. They had married soon after the war was over and Hermione, who was very pregnant with their first child, had her temper on the surface a lot these days. They were apparently fighting over their going—to—be-kid’s name.

“That’s enough Ron. It is going to be a boy and I’m going to name him Harold. And I’m going!” she said, standing up and setting off towards the Burrow as fast as she could go with her huge belly.

“B-but Hermione!” said Ron miserably and set off after her. Everyone laughed as Ron scowled at them and that was the last they saw of them during dinner.

It was Christmas and the Weasley family was having its usual Christmas get-together in the Weasley’s backyard, now happy and well settled and relaxed as Voldemort had gone forever. Life had changed…certainly changed. The Weasleys (except Charlie and Ginny) had all settled down and were present with their families. Two days ago Harry and Ron had received a letter each saying that they both were accepted for auror training. Meanwhile, Ginny and Hermione were on the verge of becoming Healers.

Bill had come with Fleur and their two children — Anna and Albert, who were having a mud fight with Fred and George’s kids. Fred had married Angelina and George Alicia and had a girl and a boy respectively — Lizzy and Jock. Fleur was now screaming her lungs out over the kids to behave, but was getting very little attention.

“Bill! What are you doing ‘ere, sitting and grinning like zat?! Come and ‘elp me with ze keeds.” Fleur, whose English had ‘eemproved’ quite a lot now, marched over to an amusedly scared faced Bill and pulled him towards the kids by the arm.

“Help!” Bill mouthed, looking behind, but only heard everybody’s laughs. As they reached the kids, Bill, trying to act very strictly, cleared his throat with his hands behind his back but only to get a mouthful of mud himself. Everyone laughed loudly and even Fleur couldn’t help but grin.

“C’mon dadee! You can do bettah” said Albert and in a few moments, everyone could see a very muddy Bill rolling in the mud and a very disgusted Fleur standing there and shaking her head, muttering, “Men!”

Meanwhile, Percy was talking to Penelope (the only one who seemed interested) about the new job Rufus Scrimgeour had given him. He had joined their (Harry’s) side during the final war and had said he had been really foolish to do whatever he had done. He had also apologized from the heart, but as usual Ron, Fred and George had not believed him and had said that he was doing this only because he wanted to protect his pregnant wife. However, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had forgiven him and now Their daughter, Pat, and Ginny were watching the mud fight amusedly and once in a while talking about the many times they had fooled Percy.

Charlie, who was yet to marry, was sitting grumpily over his food and listening to a big lecture given by Mrs. Weasley.

“. . . I don’t know what you are going to do Charlie Weasley. All you can think about is dragons. I’m fed up. If you don’t find a girl within the next two months or so-”

“But mum - ”

“Don’t you ‘but mum’ me. At this rate you will be the only Weasley bachelor left. Honestly, I won’t be surprised if you say you’re going to marry a dragon next. And if you think I’m going to let you die a bachelor, then think twice!” Molly left with a huff now over to Bill and the kids and Charlie sulked again.

“Stop grinning Harry.” he said.

“You should find someone, you know, its for your own good.”

“Oh really? Ah . . . look who’s talking!” came Ginny’s voice from across the table. What followed that was complete chaos at the end of which the Weasley’s backyard looked as if it had been hit by a tornado.

After dinner, Harry and Ginny went for a walk around the Burrow. The others had left for their respective homes except Fred and George, who wanted to discuss a few things about their shop’s income with Mr. Weasley. Harry’s thoughts started processing again as he walked hand in hand with Ginny. She had been a source of comfort for him during his darkest of times. They had come closer since she had given him a new hope to live for himself rather than to exist just because he was carrying the load of the wizarding world on his shoulders. That was when he had proposed to her and that was when their relationship had gotten a new meaning. They went and sat under a tree, Ginny resting her head comfortably on Harry's shoulder, each lost in their own thoughts.

A scream suddenly echoed from the Burrow and they broke from their reverie. Horrified, they looked at each other and ran back to the Burrow. When they reached the staircase, one more scream, from Ron and Hermione's room, echoed in the Burrow. They dashed towards it and saw that Hermione was lying on the bed in a terrible state.

“Ron, what happened? Is Hermione okay?” Harry asked but Ron was too shocked to reply. Molly replied for him.

“I think its time. Let's take her to St. Mungo’s quickly. Fred take out your car, quick!”
Reviews 2
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear