Search:

SIYE Time:5:43 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Finding Happiness
By blue magic

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All, All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 4
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2006 ***

Harry never did have a good year. Many of the times, he would come face to face with Voldemort and after that, he would think that he was lucky that he survived and it was his luck that reached his safety. Going into his sixth year, he could only think about what will be happening next. What he found, was something much unexpected as he goes through a completely different version. He goes into Hogwarts where trouble awaits him. Tragic Happenings, facing danger, and encountering a new feeling such as...love. Harry waits allot of trouble, miss-happenings, and embarrassment on finding happiness.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5559; Chapter Total: 1848





Author's Notes:
Thanks to my wonderful Beta, Paul!! =D




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Finding Happiness Chapter 1


The walls surrounding his small room at Privet Drive made him suffocate day by day.

During the past few weeks, he had shut himself in his bedroom away from the Dursleys, avoiding them as much as possible. He couldn't stand being with them and them with him. They ignored him and treated him as if he were nothing but their servant.

He had received a letter from Mr. Weasley the other day reminding him that he would be picking him up today. He felt exhausted even though he hadn't done much except for sleep or just simply lay down on his bed just staring at the ceiling.

He should be feeling excited and overwhelmed to be going to The Burrow, but instead he felt lazy and horrible. The year had ended with the death of his godfather, Sirius.

Sirius was the only one who understood him. He was a father figure to him, since he had never had one, or that he just couldn't remember.

He stared fixedly outside the window, seeing the clouds becoming darker and larger. From the flashes of light in the sky, he could tell that there was going to be a storm soon.

He started to wonder how Mr. Weasley was going to get here. He thought before that if Mr. Weasley could travel in a normal way without getting too much attention, like traveling by Floo or the flying car, then the Dursleys would let him see them more often and have at least a little respect for the Weasleys. Although nothing could please the Dursleys as they could only see wizards as ‘freaks'.

He didn't know why the Dursleys treated wizards horribly. He knew that at least Aunt Petunia would have some affection towards him, being his aunt and all. Nevertheless, she was cold as ever. She spoiled her only son, Dudley, to the point where they don't even know him. He can lie straight to their faces and they believe every single word.

His room was clean from the expense of being bored and across his room was his trunk laying flat on the floor half opened.

He gave a loud sigh and sat up straight on the edge of his bed. At that moment, he heard the doorbell ring and Uncle Vernon shouting, "Come down here boy!"

"Coming!" he replied.

He left his room and went down the stairs hurriedly entering the living room. He watched Mr. Weasley talking to Uncle Vernon about the muggle artifacts that he collected. Uncle Vernon looked annoyed and was turning red with anger.

Uncle Vernon despised the Weasleys for what happened before Harry’s fourth year at Hogwarts when four redheaded wizards came through the fireplace destroying his precious home.

"Hello Mr. Weasley,” Harry greeted.

"Good afternoon Harry, how have things been lately?" he asked.

"Fine ", he lied, "You?"

“Everything is good. Except we're in a little hurry so go get your trunk quickly, “ he answered.

He gave him a slight nod before sprinting upstairs again and came back with his trunk and Hedwig in his cage. He gave Uncle Vernon a wave of goodbye as he headed out the door behind Mr. Weasley. He was overjoyed at leaving the prison; better known as his only home.

"You'll be using Ms. Figg's fireplace since we connected it to the Floo Network for today." Mr. Weasley explained. "I have to drop by the office to pick up a few papers. Do you mind?" He added sincerely.

"Not at all," Harry responded.

They walked a few blocks until they reached Ms. Figg's house and waited for the door to open. The door was opened slowly as it revealed a woman with shaggy hair and a cat in her arms asleep. She was stroking her cat's head and grinning from ear to ear.

"Well Harry I guess I will be leaving you here then," said Mr. Weasley. "I’d consider leaving Hedwig to fly instead of going with you by Floo, otherwise she might end up sick," he suggested.

Harry nodded and stepped into the fireplace holding his trunk in one hand and the greenish sand-like Floo powder in the other.

"The Burrow!" he shouted.

He felt dizzy and exhausted until he felt his feet touch down on the ground again. He opened his eyes, and saw Mrs. Weasley rushing over from the kitchen, and gave him a bone-crushing hug.

"How have things been lately? Have they fed you well, those Dursleys?" she said, holding him by the arm and bringing him towards the kitchen.

Harry sat down on a chair, which had been tucked under the table as Mrs. Weasley put out a full plate of food in front of him. He took a deep sniff around the kitchen, smelling the aroma of the greatest food prepared by the greatest cook he knew. This was one of the reasons he liked The Burrow so much; it felt cosy enough to do anything.

"Everything has been fine Mrs. .Weasley," he replied.

She gave a smile but in her eyes, he could see that she wasn't convinced.

"Where's Ron?" he asked suddenly.

"He's cleaning the shed in the back garden. You would think he would be done by now, but instead he chose to fall asleep while doing the job!" she huffed.

Harry gave a slight grin at the image.

"Is Hermione here yet?" he asked in between mouthfuls of mashed potato.

"She and Ginny are with Fred and George. They're showing them around their new shop," she answered. "They should be back shortly."

Harry nodded in understanding.

As Harry was half way done with his plate of food, Ron entered the room looking sleepy and energetic at the same time.

"Harry! When did you get here?" he asked in confusion.

Harry gave a shrug as Ron sat next to him and they began to talk about Fred and George's joke shop and their products. He didn't manage to eat all of his food but Ron helped him out by eating the rest.

When Harry had finished, they headed to Ron's room with his trunk and Hedwig's cage.

"What did you do over the summer?" Harry asked Ron curiously.

"Nothing really mate. Ginny and I went to the pond a couple of times though, just to relax in the cool water. But we couldn't stay out much because Ginny's skin is more fragile than glass" Ron explained.

Harry gave a small laugh. He hadn't seen Ginny since they left school and he’d felt a little lonely over the summer. The letter she had written to him was full of her day-to-day activities at The Burrow and her caring and sensitive words about Sirius were very comforting. She had gotten along with Sirius during last summer when he had stayed at The Burrow in hiding.

He smiled to himself not even noticing Ron's blabbering. Him and Ginny have become great friends due to the fact of the fight at the Ministry.

“Harry? What are you thinking about?" Ron asked in suspicion.

“Nothing, I was just thinking about who was going to be Quidditch captain this year," Harry lied. He didn't know why he was thinking about Ginny at that moment, but it didn't seem a good idea to tell Ron; he might think something was up. He and Ginny were only friends so there definitely was no need to explain.

"Well, there’s a chance for Jack Slopper, or maybe Katie," Ron responded.

Harry nodded absently. It wasn’t that he didn't like Ginny, but he only saw her as a friend. He had to admit that she was naturally beautiful and very independent though.

As he and Ron talked about Quidditch and who was going to be captain, Fred, George, Hermione and Ginny arrived back from Diagon Alley.

***************


The rest of the day had gone slowly. Harry was lying on his bed reminiscing about what had happened that afternoon so much that he began to think it had been a long time ago. He knew very well that he wasn't very pleasant to look at, judging from the rings under his eyes. However, he knew that if he slept he would wake up horribly in the middle of the night having the memories of his past. He had forgotten, or at least stopped thinking about, the death of Cedric, but ever since what happened to Sirius, he just couldn't bear the feeling of punishing himself. After all, it was his fault. If he hadn't gone to the Ministry or if he’d just used the mirror Sirius had given him then he might still have been alive. Now he was stuck with the Black family fortune, Grimmauld Place and a grumpy house elf.

He tried hard not to think of his godfather or of anything really, but the more he tried the worst it got. So instead he lay on his bed every night and just stared at the ceiling...

He got up from his bed and tiptoed around where Ron was sleeping and muffling some sort of name like ‘Mione' as he stirred around under his covers. Harry silently turned the doorknob and left the room, shutting the door carefully behind him. Once outside the room, he headed towards the kitchen for a glass of water.

The floorboards of the stairs creaked loudly and half way down he cursed himself for even coming down in the first place. He didn't want one of the Weasleys to wake up just because he’d had a nightmare.

He was near the living room when he heard a soft voice humming in the kitchen. He followed the feminine voice to see Ginny in the kitchen cooking something.

"Hey Ginny" he said softly.

She turned quickly, wide eyed. He saw that she was making hot chocolate and had a few marshmallows in her hand.

"Hey Harry, what's wrong? Why aren't you sleeping?" she asked concerned.

"Nothing. I just came down to get a glass of water," he explained. He walked over to Ginny, reached into the cabinet above her head, and took out a glass. She ducked under his arm and went slightly pink.

"You want a cup of hot chocolate instead?" she asked.

“Err...okay, thanks." He’d only planned to stay there for a few minutes but he decided instead to stay for at least a little while with Ginny.

"Why are you up?" he asked, wondering if she’d had nightmares about the battle at the Ministry just as he had.

"I couldn't sleep," she answered simply. She walked over to the table where Harry was and sat down, putting down two mugs full of hot chocolate.

"The same reason as you, probably," she added.

He looked up at her and took a long sip of his hot chocolate. He could feel her eyes on him, but he just pretended he didn't feel anything. It would've been very odd if they both had a nightmare about the same thing.

"You’re having the nightmares aren't you?" she asked carefully. He looked up into her brown eyes and saw her worry and concern.

"Yeah." was all he could mange in reply. There was silence for a few seconds until she spoke up again.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she questioned.

He didn't know how he should respond. He had wanted to talk about it for a long time but he couldn't manage to say anything. He hadn’t told Ron or Hermione. Except he didn't want to tell her that it was his entire fault that Sirius, his parents and Cedric died because of him. He didn't want her to be mad at him.

"You don't have to tell me anything Harry," she said calmly, placing her hand on his shoulder as she sat next to him.

Her touch felt warm and her voice was soft with sympathy. He knew that she didn't want to pressure him but he just wasn't ready.

"I don't think this is the right time." he replied.

She nodded and sat back in her seat, finishing her hot chocolate. He was surprised that she didn't make a fuss. If it were anyone else, he/she would have probably given him a long talk.

"Did you get your OWL results yet?" she asked, changing the subject.

"No. I haven't gotten them yet. Did Ron or Hermione get theirs?" he asked.

"No they didn't. Hermione is killing herself though. She keeps on saying that she didn't check her answers over enough times on her test and that she didn't study as hard as she might have."

"Out of everyone who goes to Hogwarts she should be the most confident on exams!" he chuckled back.

He stared at Ginny while she was smiling and laughing and got a churn in his stomach.

"I'm thinking about trying out for the team this year. Hopefully I might stand a chance," she said nervously.

He shook off the odd feeling in his stomach and replied.

"You probably will. Ron has told me that you’re good as seeker. I just hope I don't get too much competition." he smirked.

"Well you don't have to worry about that since I'm not trying out for seeker. I've always loved being in the action so I'm trying out for Chaser. Besides, nobody is as good as you are. The youngest seeker of the century!"

Harry had been complimented many times before on his Quidditch skills, but something was different when Ginny did. He began to feel his cheeks warm up.

Ginny was staring at him intently and he needed the attention off him.

"So how's Dean?" he asked, feeling an ache of pain in his stomach. He didn't know why he was getting odd feelings and it was starting to bother him.

"He's alright. I've been writing to him during the past few weeks and he says that he’s been having a great summer so far," she replied with an edge to her voice.

Harry nodded sympathetically. "Well if you ever have trouble with him, you can tell me." He rose up from his seat and put his mug in the sink. It surprised him as he felt anger towards Dean all of a sudden, but decided to ignore it. "You’re like a sister to me Gin and I wouldn't want someone to hurt you."

"That's very sweet of you Harry, but I can handle my own problems," she snapped. “I think I’ll be going back to bed now. Good night."

She put her mug in the sink and turned away towards the stairs.

“Good night." Harry whispered silently to himself.

He didn't know what he’d said wrong; he hadn’t meant to offend Ginny and she didn't have to take attitude with him.

Once he heard her soft footsteps on the stairs fade away and her door shut loudly, he went upstairs. If there was one thing he knew it was that he should never mess with a Weasley's temper, and the way he was feeling, he wanted to make sure that Ginny didn't stay mad at him.
Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear