Search:

SIYE Time:14:49 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Finding Happiness
By blue magic

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:All, All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fluff, Humor
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 4
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2006 ***

Harry never did have a good year. Many of the times, he would come face to face with Voldemort and after that, he would think that he was lucky that he survived and it was his luck that reached his safety. Going into his sixth year, he could only think about what will be happening next. What he found, was something much unexpected as he goes through a completely different version. He goes into Hogwarts where trouble awaits him. Tragic Happenings, facing danger, and encountering a new feeling such as...love. Harry waits allot of trouble, miss-happenings, and embarrassment on finding happiness.
Hitcount: Story Total: 5558; Chapter Total: 1782





Author's Notes:
thanks to my lovely beta, Paul! BLESS THIS BRITISH MAN!! lol




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Finding Happiness-Chapter 2

Find ing Happiness-Chapter 2

 

 

The next morning Harry woke up early to get breakfast and to get ready to go on the Hogwarts Express.  Ron had woken up earlier than he had and was already eating breakfast.

 

Out of everyone who was at the Burrow,Harry would have never imagined that Ron would have woken up so early. However,the reason was very clear when he reached the kitchen.

 

Ron was sitting next to Hermione with a look of frustration on his face while Mrs. Weasley was setting up the table.Harry suddenly realised that they hadn’t fought once during the past few days he had spent at the Burrow.  

 

He couldn't have been happier that his two best friends finally had realised their feelings towards each other.  He didn't want to say much or act as if he suspected something, knowing that they might become self-conscious and jeopardize their relationship.

He sat across from the two, and filled his plate with some eggs, toast and bread. Not wanting to interrupt Ron and Hermione's conversation, he ate quietly.  

 

“Harry, are you alright?  You haven't spoken at all”, asked Hermione,her voice edged with concern.

 

 “I’m fine...really", he added, seeing Hermione raise her eyebrows.

 

Harry glanced up from his plate and caught Ron and Hermione giving each other a worried look and going into a whispered conversation.  Something was up, he knew it, and they weren't telling him.  He started to feel his anger rise.

 

“Is there something you want to tell me?" he asked cautiously.

 

Harry looked at Ron for some answers and saw him swallow hard.   

 

“Professor Lupin", began Hermione as Harry’s eyes bored into her.

 

“What’s wrong with him?" he asked worriedly.

 

“There was a meeting for the Order a weekago, and he was asked to keep watch and be on the lookout a few miles from here, and…well…there was an attack last night," replied Hermione, obviously not sure how to say what she was trying to explain.   She took a quick glance at Ron, searching for help.

Harry was caught dumbfounded.  He didn't want to believe that he would lose someone else he cared for right after losing Sirius. 

 

“Hermione," he said slowly,” Is he...is he...de-"

 "No Harry.  He’s not dead,though he is badly injured.  He was hit by the crucio curse 3 times!" she replied quickly.

 

“Where is he?  When can I go see him? Why didn't anyone tell me sooner?" Harry demanded, losing his patience.  He felt sick and panicked.  He stood up from his chair and waited for a response.

 

 “Calm down mate." said Ron, “He’s alright.   Professor Lupin is at St Mongo’s and he's conscious now."

 

“Why didn't anyone tell me?" Harry asked again as he fought down the tears that were rising in him.

 

He had hated it when Dumbledore had kept the Prophecy a secret from him and now everyone was treating him like a child again. Did they think he was too unstable to deal with this? Why didn’t anyone ever ask him?

 

 Hermione moved to be next to him, tears in her eyes. “We didn't want to upset you, we know how much you care for Professor Lupin and…and that you didn't have enough time to get over Siri-“

 

 As soon as the name of his godfather came up, Harry strode from the kitchen out the back door, slamming it behind him. He headed towards the forest, kicking the gnomes in his way as he went.  He didn’t hear Hermione end her last word, knowing that he couldn’t take it if someone brought his godfather up.

 

He couldn't fightback the tears any longer and collapsed down on his knees, crying for everything; for Professor Lupin, Sirius, his parents, Cedric, for the Weasleys, who have given him everything, and who in return, he just put in danger.

 

 Presently he heard footsteps coming from the forest getting louder with each step.  He took out his wand and kept good watch around him.

 

“Harry!" yelled Ginny coming towards him.  “Are you alright?" she asked,panting heavily.

 

“I’m fine," he answered quietly,trying to hide his face covered in tears from her.

“Come on," she said, taking his hand,”I'll take you somewhere private."

 

He nodded, and let her lead him into the forest.  Then Harry started to think about on how this may have not be Ginny. What if she was a death eater who had taken Polyjuice Potion? He pulled his hand away from hers and backed away.

 

“How do I know that you're the real Ginny?" he asked, his wand pointing to her.

 She turned around, looking confused and unsettled before answering him.

 

 “What do you want me to tell you?" sheasked calmly.

 

.“Last night... why didn't I go to sleep last night?" He asked.

 

“You had a bad dream,” she answered simply.

 

 “What was the dream about?" he asked, knowing that it was a tricky question.

 

“Well, you never told me.  You said that it wasn't the right time."she replied,” It’s me Harry," she added, pointing a finger to her chest.

 

 He knew that wasn't enough information to prove if it was really her. Any Death Eater could have overheard their conversation.

 

Harry stared into Ginny’s eyes and, as he looked deeper into their depths, he could see the spark there that proved it was really her.  Nobody could really replace her.

 

 “Sorry Ginny, I just didn't know if it could be really you," he conceded. 

 

He took scope of where she had taken him and realized that he was standing in a small garden.

 

“Do you want to go back to the Burrow or stay here?" she asked staring back into his eyes.

 

 “Where exactly is here?" he asked,confused.

 

 “This," she began, pointing around the small garden giggling," Is my getaway".

 

 He felt a familiar churn in his stomach as she spun around in the centre of her little garden. She smiled at him and sat next to him.

 

 “My dad enchanted it so only I can come here, or if I bring someone. I come here to relax or just to be alone," she explained. 

 

He grinned and started to look around her little garden.  “Did you plant these?" he asked indicating the beautiful flowers. 

 

 “Yep!  I planted the rosebushes, but my mum did the white roses. They’re very difficult to grow and are very expensive, but they're my favourite",she said, leaning over the white roses and cupping them in her hands, gently caressing the petals.

 

“Harry, I know that you’re very eager to see Professor Lupin, but you have to be away from him right now.” She said and, seeing the surprised look on his face, continued, “He may be conscious right now, but when someone gets hit by the Cruciatus Curse as much as he was, they tend to have mind problems for a few weeks. Maybe longer,”

 

 True to her words, Harry had been so eager to see Professor Lupin the minute he heard what had happened to him that he’d never considered whether he’d be able to cope seeing him in that horrible condition.  He nodded in unspoken understanding and they both quietly started to head towards the Burrow where many questions awaited him from Ron and Hermione.

 

   He didn't want to see them just yet, but it was better sooner than later, not to mention that they had to spend a few hours on the Hogwarts express in the same compartment very soon.

 

He and Ginny entered the Burrow through the front door and Harry climbed up the stairs heading to his and Ron's room, hoping that he and Hermione weren't mad at him for running out on them.

 

He knocked on the door to see if they were there and received a muffled, “come in” in reply. He walked in through the door to find Ron and Hermione standing up waiting for him. He looked down at the floor and muttered “Sorry”.

 

Hermione walked over to him and gave him a brief, but fierce, hug, “I’m so sorry Harry! I didn't mean to upset you.  I wasn't thinking and”

 

 “Its okay!" Harry cut in,” It wasn't your fault,besides I'm too much of an emotional prat", hejoked.

 

 Ron gave him a smirk and a punch on the shoulder. “Come on, we have to go before we miss the train.  Oh and don't worry, we told mum and dad that you went to get some air.  They didn't ask more questions when they saw you coming back with Ginny", he said without a trace of emotion.

 

 

“Thanks mate”, replied Harry as he grabbed his trunk from under the bed and carried it downstairs, meeting Mr. And Mrs. Weasley in the living room.

 

 “Come on children lets go, the train is leaving in fifteen minutes!" Mrs. Weasley commanded.

   Harry and Ron Side Apparated with Mr. Weasley, while Hermione and Ginny Side Apparated with Mrs. Weasley, heading for the station.     

 

******

 

  Harry sat in the compartmen with Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville and Luna.  He was sat next to Neville, whose toad, Trevor, was trying to escape from his owner's grasp.

 

Harry stared out the window, looking at the calm, steady water as it reflected the sun. Nobody seemed to want to bother to speak. Ron was sleeping with his head on Hermione's shoulder, Hermione was reading a book with a grin plastered on her face, Ginny and Luna were looking at The Quibbler magazine and Neville was trying to keep Trevor still.

 

Harry let out a loud sigh, which caused everyone to look at him. They exchanged curious glances with each other. “It’s been a long ride," he explained, under their gaze, which seemed to placate them as they settled back to what they had been doing.     

 

He looked at Ginny who was still looking at him with one of her eyebrows raised in suspicion.  She began to laugh quietly for no reason causing Harry to follow suit.

 

   “Have you two been bitten by a tramp-puff?" asked Luna looking up from her father's magazine.  

 

Ginny’s giggling fit intensified, making Harry laugh harder in turn as he saw the confused look on Luna's face. He didn't know why he was laughing and it felt very strange to him, since he hadn’t laughed ever since before Sirius' death.

 

  Ron suddenly woke up and looked around the compartment with sleepy eyes.  “Are we there yet?" he asked, trying to shake the sleep from his shoulders.

 

  “No, we still have 45 minutes left," answered Hermione,” We should start changing; Ron and I have Prefect duties."

 

  Ron gave a groan and stood up, getting his robe from his trunk above his seat.

 

 Everyone else did the same and said goodbye to Ron and Hermione as they left.  

 

Harry was hungry by the time the food trolley came by.  He got up and ordered five chocolate frogs, 2 sugar quills, and a few candy swirls. Ginny was standing close to the trolley waiting for her turn and made her choice after Harry.

  “That will be 15 knuts and 5 sickles,"said the trolley lady, adding up the total for Ginny’s order.

 

 “Oh,well...I only have 13 Knuts," Ginny said looking upset.   

 

Harry walked over to where Ginny was and gave the change from his purchase to the trolley woman.

 

 “I’ll pay for it," he said as he handed over the money.

 

 “Harry, you don't have to!" Ginny protested.

 

“Its fine Gin, I want to", responded Harry as he gave the chocolate frogs to Ginny, having to forcibly press them into her hand when she wouldn’t willingly take them. 

 

He then thought that he should get something for her when she wasn't looking and, turning back to the trolley, bought her a Sugar Quill. 

 

 “One please", he heard as he was putting his change away and looked up and saw that Cho Chang was buying something also. He still felt awkward around her, but not because of the fact that she was sort of his ex-girlfriend, but because she was looking at him with great curiosity.

 

He handed the sugar quill to Ginny and blushed lightly, dismissing the admittedly smaller protest from Ginny. He stole a glance back at Cho who was staring at him and Ginny as if he had done something scandalous.  He really didn't think that Cho actually had feelings for him. Since she and Cedric had been close, she’d never got used to the fact of dating someone else. Nevertheless, what really surprised him was that he caught her staring daggers at the back of Ginny's head.

 

  Was it possible that she was jealous? She didn't have much reason to be, seeing as he and Ginny were only friends, though the idea of him and Ginny going out gave him a weird, warm feeling in his insides.  

 

He and Ginny headed back to their compartment and sat until they reached Hogwarts, but instead of shutting himself out of the conversations that Neville, Luna, and Ginny held between them he joined in.

 

Ginny seemed to react different around him from them and it got him a little worried. Maybe she was the reason he was happy all of a sudden.

 

A/N: REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I LOVE REVIEWS!!!!!!!!!!!11 :D

Reviews 4
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear