Search:

SIYE Time:9:57 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


The Letters
By HaRrYnGiNnY8788

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 9
Summary: A one shot at what could have happened in Harry's fifth year. Sorry about the whole Dean/Michael thing, i lost mind mind half way through. lol
Hitcount: Story Total: 4052



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.





ChapterPrinter


The Letters

Ginny woke up in her dorm to a bright sun shining down at her, smacking her in the face. Grumbling, she crawled out of bed. Stretching her arms, letting out a low groan, she noticed a piece of parchment on her night stand. Ginny reached over and picked it up. Tearing the seal, she leaned back against her pillow.

Dearest Ginny,

I look upon you each day,
Hoping to catch your eye,
Attempting in the common room and in the hallway,
But all you ever say is hello and good-bye.

Your hair shines in my unworthy presence,
Gleaming like the fire's flame,
Daring to get near you on every pretense
Dreaming to have you for my own to claim.

Do not jump to conclusion
That I did this all on my own,
I had help with this completion
Of my love written down.

It is time for me to leave this here
Till next time my dear.

Yours Forever and For always,
The Seeker of your Heart.”

Ginny was shocked. It was five minutes before she realized that her jaw was wide opened. Folding the letter up carefully, she got dressed and slipped it into her robe pocket. As she headed down for breakfast, Michael met up with her. He gave her a swift kiss on the cheek.

“Mornin' Gin. Did you sleep well?”

“Yeah, I did. That was a sweet thing you wrote. It was really lovely.” Ginny said, obviously thinking he had written it to her.

“What? Ginny, what are you talking about?” Bewilderment expressed clearly on his face.

“The letter? Did you not write it?”

“What letter? Ginny are you feeling well? You're not making sense,” clearly still puzzled.

She catching on so that she didn't say to much, “Oh...um... I must have just dreamt something about a letter. I need to wake up.” She gave a soft chuckle. They walked into the Great Hall and sat down to eat breakfast. She saw Hermione, and Hermione only.

“Where's Ron and Harry?”

“Oh, I guess their having a bit of a sleep-in.” As she said that, they came walking in. Ron sat down beside Hermione and Harry across from her. Ginny looked between them, seeing them intently focused on their food.

“Hermione, can I talk to you? Alone?”

Concerned, she said ”Sure.” They walked out of the Hall and out on the steps. Ginny could have sworn she saw Harry looking at her go, but at a second glance, he was still eating and talking to Ron about Herbology.

“What's up?” Hermione sat down on first stone step and Ginny followed suit.

“Well, it has to do with getting this,” she reached in her pocket and pulled out the letter, ”This morning.” She handed it to her.

After a minute of her eyes whizzing across the paper, Hermione looked up with a knowing look in her eyes.

Ginny was getting a little impatient. ”Well, what do you think? It's not from Michael. Do you think someone is taunting me, playing with me? Trying to win my trust, then lure me into a trap?”

Hermione shook her head. ”No, I don't think so. No one who was in it for evil would say anything this poetic.. and beautiful. No, someone has it for you. And by the looks of this poem, has it bad.”

“Do you think I should show Ron and Harry?” Maybe they could think of someone who might have wrote this.

Hermione seem to give it some thought. “Yeah... maybe you should. That's a good idea, do it. Do it now, while their still in the Great Hall.”

“Well, I'm glad you're excited about this.” She laughed out loud for the first time since... the last time she had been with Harry, Ron and Hermione.

When they got back into the Hall, Michael had already left, but Harry and Ron were still there. She sat down next Harry, Hermione next to Ron again. Ginny laid the letter down on the table in front of the two boys. Ron snatched it up before Harry could even reach for it; 'or did he even try to reach for it' she thought. Ron read and spewed Pumpkin Juice all over her letter. Hermione screeched and took it away from him, cleaned it up and handed it to Harry. Harry took his time reading it. He didn't laugh or spit drink over anything. He just blinked at it. Many times.

“That's a sweet poem, who wrote, d'you suppose?”

"I dunno, hadn't really thought abou-” the bell rang somewhere off in the distance.

“Oh crap gotta go, Snape'll kill me if I'm late,” and she took off from the table.

The trio remained seated. Ron was red about the ears.

“Who do you suppose that was from? Some prick I suppose,” Harry snapped his head toward Ron, which had floated toward the way Ginny had left.

“Ronald, watch your language! It was a very sweet poem, but with your emotion span as big as it is, I wouldn't expect you to appreciate it!” and she stormed off.

“Ron, you really should be nicer to her,” said Harry, leaving Ron flabbergasted at the table.

*****

Ginny woke up the next morning, looked over at the clock, but couldn't see the time. Another small piece of parchment was blocking her view. She heard a fluter by the window. She ran to the window and swore she saw Hedwig flying away, but with her newly awaken eyes, and the glaring sun, she really couldn't tell. She looked at the letter in her hands and headed for the common room.

“Who keeps sending me these!?”

“Sending you what?” Harry popped his head out from behind the couch. Ginny let out a scream.

“Oh, I'm sorry. But sending you what, Gin?” Glancing at her hand, noticing the note in her hand.

“What are you doing up so early?”

“You answer me first.”

“Oh,” she looked at the note and started to open it, but something stopped her. What was Harry doing up so early. 'Was' it really Hedwig she saw. 'Was' Harry really staring at her the day she got her first letter. Why 'wasn't' he as surprised as Ron was with the first letter. She looked up at Harry, who was watching her expectantly. She opened the letter slowly.

'Dearest Ginny,

I love you, Ginny. That's all I have to say.

Harry'

Ginny felt hot tears running rolling down her cheeks. She wiped them away fiercely and looked up at Harry. He looked her dead in the eyes. He swiftly closed the space between them, and wrapped his arms around her. Harry hugged her tight to his body. Placing his forehead against hers, smelling her hot breathe on his face. Slowly, his brought his lips to hers. They touched softly, just brushing against each other. Harry then hungrily kissed her fully and passionately. His hands roaming the sides of her body. Her hands running through his hair messing it up. The note lay forgotten on the floor.

Suddenly, a door opened from the boy's staircase, and they broke apart. Ron, Seamus, Neville and Dean came walking down. Ron was looking between the two of them, utterly confused. Together, Harry and Ginny left the common room laughing, off to find a private broom cupboard.

There's my one shot! enjoy!
Reviews 9
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear