Search:

SIYE Time:12:21 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Christmas Love
By LilyLady

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts, Holidays
Characters:None
Genres: Fluff
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 13
Summary: A few years after Hogwarts is finished, Harry and Ginny share a sweet Christmas alone together. Major fluff.
Hitcount: Story Total: 8444



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work. In other words, it all belongs to the goddess of our lives, Jo Rowling!



Author's Notes:
***EDITED*** To those who pointed out my mistakes, thank you. I'm very sorry for that. It was, actually, originally written as Harry/Ginny...but the late hour and lack of beta (plus the fact that this was a test to see if I WOULD actually get verified) contributed to the mistypes....thanks for that, it has been changed! This is my first fic, and I would love reviews, good or bad!




ChapterPrinter


Christmas Love


“Good morning, snowflake,” Harry said as he opened his eyes and saw his fiancée awake, lying across his chest. She smiled up at him.

“The best.” Ginny stretched and snuggled even closer to him, grinning.

“Honey, I’m afraid we need to actually get out of bed,” Harry teased with a laugh. She cuddled as close as she could to him, wrapping her arms around him.

“No,” she mumbled into his chest. He smiled and hugged her back, burying his face in her sweet, flower-scented, fiery-red hair, kissing the top of her head gently.

“But it’s Christmas Eve. And it snowed some more last night, look,” he prompted. She disentangled herself enough from him to look up and realize that he was, in fact, correct - a fresh coating of snow softly blanketed the outside world.

“Even more reason to stay cuddled all warm next to you,” she teased with a giggle, reaching up to kiss him gently. He kissed her back just as softly, yet lovingly.

“And any other time I would love that, however, I have plans for you today, remember?” Ginny smiled happily, then frowned playfully.

“Yes, but you won’t tell me what they are,” she pouted. He laughed at this and tickled her sides lightly, loving the sound of her giggles.

“Stop, stop!” she shrieked between giggles. “Alright, I’ll get out of bed,” she said, pretending to be huffy. She threw the covers back and climbed out of the queen size bed, setting her feet on the plush red carpet of the bedroom. She stretched again as she climbed out of the bed. How did I get so lucky? Harry thought, admiring the curves beneath her floor-length, light pink nightgown and smiling to himself. She pranced over to the closet to get her clothes for the day, having showered the night before, as usual. She started to undress, then glanced at Harry and apparently thought better of it. Instead, she walked into the adjoining master bathroom, winking at him and smiling vixen-like as she disappeared. A second later, Harry saw her nightgown fly out of the door and onto the floor of the bedroom, and heard a giggle. She doesn’t know what she does to me, does she? Thought Harry. She really doesn’t. He smiled ruefully. He knew she did it on purpose.

Soon after, Ginny walked out of the bathroom in a white turtleneck and black jeans, her hair pulled back with a rhinestone headband.

“Now who needs to get out of bed?” she teased. Harry was still lying there, partially under the covers. Ginny promptly came over and threw the blankets off him, pulling him out of the bed as he laughed. She pulled him close to her in a warm hug; he could feel the super-soft material of the sweater against his bare chest.

“I love you so much,” he said to her, breathing in the scent that was Ginny. She smiled broadly.

“I love you, too.” Harry walked over to get his own clothes and went into the bathroom to get dressed and ready for the day. Ginny walked downstairs to the kitchen to start a pot of coffee. (She had inherited her father’s fondness for Muggle things and ways, and Harry certainly was happy to comply…they lived, for the most part, like Muggles). She was so happy, living in this house with her fiancé. She smiled, remembering how he’d proposed to her ten months before. She finished setting up the coffee, losing herself in the sweet memory…


It was Valentine’s Day. He wouldn’t tell her where he was taking her, but she didn’t mind. She just wanted to be with him. He told her to dress up, because it was a nice place they were going. She spent quite a bit of time that evening curling her hair, applying her makeup just right, and picking out the flashy red dress she’d bought just for Valentine’s Day, matching her hair perfectly. It was a halter neck and went all the way down to the floor, every inch covered in sequins. She didn’t really have any jewellery to wear, so she thought she’d just go without any for the evening. She was slipping on her red, strappy heels as she heard the doorbell ring.

“Coming!” she yelled out. She grabbed the fur coat, a gift from her grandmother, from the closet as she went to the door. She slipped it on and grabbed her handbag before opening the door. There stood Harry, the love of her life, wearing a black suit and red tie, carrying exactly one dozen dark red roses. His eyes just about popped out of his head when he saw her. My God, she’s gorgeous, he thought. She smiled at him.

“Hello, and who might this goddess be? For surely I’ve never known anyone to look as exquisite as the vision before me,” he smiled winsomely. She laughed.

“Silly boy. Are those all for me?” she asked, her eyes sparkling. He smiled back at her.
“You know they are. Happy Valentine’s Day, my rose,” he said, stepping in and softly kissing her cheek. She blushed and giggled.

“Just let me go put these in water,” she said happily, smiling the whole way. He was being so romantic! She finished the task and returned to the front door, where he’d stepped inside. She went over to him and threw her arms around him, kissing him passionately.

“Really, you do look stunningly gorgeous, love,” he said as they broke apart. She blushed again, murmuring a soft “thank you.” He shut the door and led her over to the couch, taking her coat back off for her as he draped it across a chair for the moment. He motioned for her to sit down and reached into his pocket.

“I had a feeling you’d be wearing that dress tonight,” he said, pulling out a jewellery box. “I thought you might like something to go with it.” She took the box from him and opened it excitedly, revealing a white gold necklace with a heart pendant dangling from the chain, rubies set in it. There was also a pair of earrings to match. She gasped.

“These are gorgeous, Harry!” She was going to say something about how much they must have cost, and he shouldn’t have, but she didn’t want to offend him, so she stayed quiet and smiled instead. “Put it on me?” she asked cutely, holding out the necklace to him. He knew she was perfectly capable of doing it herself, but found it adorable that she’d ask, so he happily obliged. It fell to just above the crease of her breasts, accenting the dress beautifully. She rushed to put the earrings in as well.

“You look, if possible, even more gorgeous, Gin,” he commented with a smile. She seemed happy with the gift, and he was glad he’d chosen well. He got up off the sofa to go to the door, and reached for her hand, which she obligingly gave. He bent down to kiss her fingers gently before pulling her up to him, kissing her lips softly as well. They walked outside, her arm in his, only for her to discover that he’d rented them a limousine for the evening. She’d never been in a limo before, but he knew she always really wanted to. And tonight, he wanted to make her feel like the princess he felt she was in his heart. He gentlemanly opened the door for her, letting her settle in the seat and get comfortable before moving in next to her and shutting the door. The divider between the driver and the backseat was up, and he looked over at his girlfriend, loving the look on her face. She was enthralled by the limo, and everything in it.

He swiftly ducked down and kissed her lips again, more passionately this time. She linked her arms around his neck and kissed him back with just as much passion. This kiss lasted a bit, and when they broke apart they were each breathing slightly heavily. She smiled up at him again and settled into the seat, snuggling into his arms.

“So where are we going?” she asked, giving him a coy look. He just grinned.

“You’ll see, my curious one,” he said with a kiss on her nose. They talked a little more for a while, still in each other’s arms. Finally, they arrived at…

“Il Fiore!” she exclaimed in delight. She’d always wanted to go to the exquisite Italian Muggle restaurant. He saw her face light up once more and was again confident that he’d made the correct choice. The limo stopped directly out front, and the driver came around to open the door for them. Harry got out first, holding out his hand to help Ginny out of the limo. The driver shut the door and then got back in and drove off.

Harry linked Ginny’s arm through his own, escorting her up the path to the doors, which were promptly opened for them. A man in a black tuxedo offered to take her coat, which he did. The restaurant was lit softly with candles at each small table, and had a very romantic atmosphere. Her face was lit up, but shocked at the same time. They were led to a small table in the corner by the window, where she could see out over the lake beyond the building. Harry pulled out her chair for her and made sure she was settled before going to his own seat. A waiter brought them ice water in crystal goblets while putting a bucket of ice next to the table, setting a bottle of blackberry wine in it. He left them to decide what they wanted. After a delicious dinner of chicken parmesan and a dessert of tiramisu, they left the restaurant to get back to the limousine. She snuggled up to him and he hugged her to his chest tightly.

“Thank you, Harry,” she said sweetly, looking up at him from beneath her eyelashes. He smiled, loving the feeling of making her so happy. He leaned down and kissed her gently.

“Has this been a good Valentine’s Day, love?” he asked.

“Perfect. Absolutely perfect,” she answered with a big smile.

“Well, what if I were to make it more perfect?” he asked with a mysterious smile.

“Oh, and how would you plan on doing that?” she asked him. He just laughed gently.

“It’s no fun if I spoil the surprise, now is it?” She pretended to pout, but was still curious. They finally pulled up to the outside of the house, where the driver let them out and then pulled away. They went up the walk to the door, which she unlocked, and walked inside, where he flipped on the light. She gasped. There were red and white rose petals all over the floor, and all over the furniture.

“Wh…how…what?” she stuttered. Harry smiled at her.

“Your friends did it for me…,” he said. He led her over to the couch and motioned for her to sit down as he went into the kitchen, bringing back two glasses of wine, setting them on the end table. He took her hands and stood her up, kissing her gently. He ran his hands down her arms, taking her hands back in his, and knelt down in front of her on one knee on the blanket of rose petals, reaching into the pocket of his suit. She covered her mouth with her free hand and gasped.

“I’ve known you for so many years…it‘s hard to believe. You are the thing I look forward to, every minute of every day. You know more about me than anyone ever has, or ever will. You truly are my best friend, and I want more than anything to spend the rest of my life with you, to show you every day how much I love you. Ginerva Weasley, will you marry me?” he finished, tears in his eyes as he opened the black velvet box he was holding, revealing a white gold diamond ring. Tears glistened in her eyes as well as she looked into his eyes, and saw nothing but love there.

“Oh, my God,” she choked out. Then she smiled. “Of course, I will…yes!” she cried out. His face lit up like a Christmas tree, and he took the ring out of the box and put it on her finger. She studied it as it caught the low lights, reflecting the colours. He stood up and kissed her passionately, holding her tight to him. When they pulled apart, she looked up at him, love reflecting in her brown eyes.

“I love you,” she said, smiling. “You were right…now it’s perfect. This has been the best Valentine’s Day of my life.”


Harry put his arms around her, jerking her out of her reverie.

“You smell nice,” she commented, noticing he was wearing the cologne she had bought him for his birthday. He nuzzled her neck, making her giggle.

“You do, too.” They got their coffee and went to sit on the couch and watch a little television before they left. She loved the concept of the television as well. She cuddled into his arms as they turned the television on to her favourite morning program. After waking up a little more, he told her to get ready, and they apparated away, her in his arms.

Upon seeing their new location, she became confused. It was a frozen-over lake, and she saw people ice-skating. She could tell they were wizards, as people were Apparating and Disapparating all over the place, but she thought this was a Muggle sport. He explained to her that a few wizards had discovered the delights of ice skating and so had come up with this place. They began to walk toward a shack that seemingly rented the ice skates.

“Careful, don’t slip,” he said, holding her arm. She smiled up at him, confusion in her eyes.

“What are we doing here?” she asked, her brows furrowed.

“Ice skating,” he said. She tensed up and stopped dead.

“Wh…what?” she stammered, her eyes wide. “B…but-”

“Shh,” he cut her off, coming over to her. He set the skates down and took her in his arms. “You know I won’t let anything happen to you,” he assured her. She wasn’t scared of many things; in fact, she was normally very unafraid. However, she had always been scared of going ice skating, afraid she’d fall through the ice.

“Look, there are plenty of people out there, it’s not like we’re all by ourselves. It has to be safe. I promise, I’ll protect you, love,” he reassured her gently. She thought about it, and thought that she might as well go along with it; she could tell it would make him happy. She’d try.

“Okay,” she said shakily. He led her over to a bench where they put on their skates, and he led her to the edge of the pond. She stepped gingerly onto the ice, and promptly fell down on her butt. He laughed a little, but quickly sobered when he saw her face. She was near tears. He helped her up and helped her hold onto him.

“I’m sorry, snowflake,” he said gently. He started moving a little and she screamed. He stopped and let her calm down a little, and then started moving with her. Eventually she got the hang of it, and they were both skating on their own, though holding hands. At one point, he tickled her and then shot off across the pond, daring her to come after him. She laughed and took off towards him, cutting through the middle.

CrrrrrACK! She heard, a split second before she fell through the ice. She didn’t even have time to call out before her head went under. He was still skating away, waiting for her to catch up. He heard a couple people scream behind him, and turned to see what all the commotion was about. He saw a hole in the ice and people hurrying toward it, though no one dared get too close. He scanned the crowd for his fiancée, but she was nowhere to be seen.

Oh, God, he thought, rushing toward the hole. People tried to get him to stay back, as there was a danger of him falling through as well. He pushed through them, saying he didn’t care. He was crying now, knowing that he’d sworn to protect her, and her worst fear had happened when he turned his back on her. He saw her mitten-covered hand sticking through the hole, but just barely. He knelt down on the ice next to the hole, the strongest patch he could find, took off his glove to grasp her better, and reached down until he found her arm. He grabbed onto it tightly, though the water was already freezing on his ungloved hand.

He dragged her part of the way up, listening to her coughing and sputtering, and pulled her up the rest of the way. He dragged her a short way until the ice was steady, then picked her up and carried her to the bank of the pond, talking to her all the while, apologizing over and over. He laid her down on the bank of the pond.

“Are you alright? Can you hear me? Can you feel anything?” he asked her frantically. She was shivering like mad. He took off their coats and put his around her while she gazed up at him, stunned.

“I…I ff…fellll,” she stammered out, shivering still.

“I know, I know, love, shh, it’s okay,” he whispered, crying openly now. “Can you move?” he asked her. She didn’t reply. He told her it didn’t matter, and picked her up, Apparating her home. As soon as they were inside, he took her up to the bedroom and started helping her take off all her clothes. He couldn’t remember a simple Drying charm to save his life.

“Ssstttopppp,” she said weakly, her teeth still chattering. She was crying by now, too.

“Sweetheart, I know you don’t want me to do anything with you until we’re married, and I’m really sorry, and I’ll even shut my eyes if you want, but these wet clothes have to come off of you,” he said, crying as well. He’d failed her, and he felt terrible. She complied, too weak and cold to argue.

He helped her out of all the clothes and covered her in all the blankets on the bed, putting a warming charm on them, and then going to fill the bathtub with hot water. He came right back to her while the bathtub was filling up and kissed her cold lips. She was starting to warm up slightly, but was still shivering. Harry gently took the blankets off her and placed her in the warm bathtub, making sure she could sit up well enough to not drown, and conjured some hot tea, encouraging her to drink, which she did, slowly.

When she seemed to be better, he helped her out of the bathtub and helped towel dry her and her hair, draining the tub. She went into the bedroom and started to get out her sweats, but Harry gently told her to go sit on the bed and he’d take care of it. She sat on the bed wrapped in the towel while he got her favourite outfit, the fleece pants and shirt that were red with white snowflakes all over them, and her panties and bra. He helped dress her, trying not to think about how close his hands were to her bare skin, or how incredible her body was. Then he hugged her to him.

“My God, Gin, I’m so very sorry…,” he mumbled into her red hair, kissing her head, his voice thick with tears again. “Are you alright?” She snuggled into his chest.

“I’ll be fine, Harry,” she said softly, hugging him close and reaching up to stroke the back of his head. “It isn’t your fault. Please don’t be upset.”

“But it is! I promised you I wouldn’t let anything happen to you, and then I left you and…it was your biggest fear about this…and I pushed you, I promised you…oh, God,” he cried into her soft red hair. She was still feeling slightly chilly, so she snuggled into him as much as she could, relishing the feeling of being in his arms. She looked up at him with her gorgeous brown eyes.

“I love you,” she said softly. “It wasn’t your fault. I knew better than to skate right across the middle of the pond. It’s alright, I promise.” She kissed his cheeks where the tears were falling. She didn’t blame him one bit. She was just really freaked out and really scared. “You didn’t push me. I wanted to do this, for you, and because I thought it would be fun. Which it was! Well, falling through the ice wasn’t fun,” she laughed, “but before that I was having a blast.”

“But I should have gotten to you sooner, Ginny. I should have been paying attention! God, how could I be so stupid?” he yelled. She kissed him full on the lips.

“Hush. It’s not your fault. Please, just calm down. Let’s go watch our Christmas movies,” she said gently, with a sweet smile. He knew she loved to watch all the Muggle Christmas movies on Christmas Eve. He managed to compose himself and they went down to the couch. He put one on, then sat down and looked her in the eyes.

“I love you, you know that, right?” he said seriously, looking deep into her eyes and cupping her cheek in his hand. She smiled, glancing at her engagement ring before holding it up between them.

“I rather hoped that’s what this meant,” she teased. He laughed, and kissed the diamond.
“Of course it was.” They started the movie and she snuggled as close to him as she could. Ginny knew he’d saved her life. She had been paralyzed in that water, unable to move at all, unable to breathe, she knew she was going to die. But he pulled her out. He saved her. She nuzzled her head against his chest. She loved him so much. She couldn’t believe she’d gotten so lucky. She glanced at the Christmas tree, glowing with multicoloured lights, their own ornaments glittering all over it. It was a beautiful tree, really.

It was snowing outside again. Ginny lost interest in the movie, just sitting and watching the snow fall outside the window. Harry noticed quickly, because she turned a bit to be able to see out the window. He saw what she was looking at and turned to look too. He held her tighter and kissed the top of her head. It wasn’t long before it started getting darker outside. They realized they hadn’t had anything to eat, so she got up and put some frozen soup on the stove to heat up.

After they ate, they got in Harry’s Corvette (oh how she loved Muggle cars!) to drive around and look at Christmas lights around the Muggle neighbourhood. Ginny loved to see the bright colourful lights. Harry drove so she could squeal over the “pretty lights”, as she put it. He didn’t mind. He just wanted her to be happy. After driving around for a while, they went back home.

They sat on the window seat in the living room, drinking hot chocolate. Ginny was wrapped in Harry’s arms as they sat and watched the snow fall in the night together. It was a gorgeous sight. Harry reached over and opened the window a little bit, covering them up with a blanket after he did so. It was so quiet and peaceful, watching the snow swirl down, listening to his heartbeat as she leaned against his chest.

“Thank you for saving me today,” she whispered softly, playing with his fingers. He hugged her close.

“Always. I could never have done any less, my love,” he said gently. She looked up at him, thinking.

“Harry?” she said softly. He smiled down at her.

“Yes, Ginny?” he asked. She hesitated, glancing away.

“I was thinking…” she started. He put his finger under her chin, lifting it up so she was looking in his eyes again.

“What is it, sweetheart?” he asked gently, smiling.

“Well, I was thinking that…well, everything tonight’s been so perfect, and really is so perfect, it just seems…right,” she finished. He continued to look at her, confused.

“Right for what, love?” he asked, showing his confusion.

“Well, right for…Harry, I want you to make love to me tonight,” she finished quietly. His eyes widened, unsure of whether or not he’d actually heard her.

“Wha…what did you say, Ginny?” he whispered.

“I…I said that…I said that, I’m ready for this. I want you to make love to me. Tonight.” She looked nervous.

“Are you sure about this, snowflake?” he asked, stroking her hair. “I don’t want you to feel forced into anything.”

“I’m sure,” she said. “I love you, and I know you love me. We’re getting married in a little over four months anyway. It’s snowing like crazy outside, the Christmas tree is sparkling and gorgeous, and it’s Christmas Eve. It’s perfect,” she finished.

“Are you sure?” he asked. He didn’t want to push her into anything. She nodded shyly.

“Mmmhmm.” She was nervous, but still wanted this, very badly. He stood up and took her hand, starting to lead her to the bedroom. “No,” she said. He eyed her questioningly.

“I want it right here. Next to our beautiful Christmas tree, with the snow falling just outside the window,” she explained. He smiled at her. God, I love her, every bit of her quirks, he thought.

“Whatever you want, my love,” he said, kissing her passionately. He took her hand and led her over to the floor, right near the Christmas tree. He covered them both up with a blanket, and kissed her again. She could feel his hands begin to roam, uncertainly at first, as he was still cautious. She took his hands and placed them where she wanted them, reassuring him. She moaned as he kissed her, loving the feeling of fire that was spreading throughout her entire body. They began to take each other’s clothes off, slowly, sensually. As they lay next to one another, skin melding together, he said, “You’re beautiful, Ginny.” She smiled. Then he proceeded to show her just how much he loved her.
*****
Later, when they had both finally come down, Ginny was lying on Harry’s bare chest, her hair splayed all over it, her hand over his heart, while he stroked her silken hair. She was so happy, she couldn’t even begin to describe it. After they had finished, he had carried her in to their bedroom and laid her gently on the bed. Soon after, they both fell asleep, clinging to one another.
*****
“Merry Christmas, Ginny,” Harry said, kissing her awake on Christmas morning. She woke with a smile.

“Merry Christmas, love,” Ginny replied. She kicked off the covers excitedly, saying only, “PRESENTS!” as she quickly donned her silky robe and ran to the living room and the tree. He laughed and ran after her, slipping into his boxers.

They’d been putting little gifts for each other under the tree for a week now, after each swore to the other that they wouldn’t touch. They had a wonderful time opening each other’s gifts next to the beautiful tree.

Finally, Ginny reached her last one. It was wrapped in blue wrapping paper with silver stars all over it. She quickly tore it off, and found an emerald-green velvet box. She glanced up at Harry questioningly, and he just smiled and nodded for her to continue. As she opened the box, she found a gorgeous emerald heart pendant on a white-gold chain necklace. She gasped in surprise as he took it out of the box and gently clasped it around her neck. He came back around in front of her.

“Beautiful,” he said, smiling. She hugged him tightly and kissed him passionately. He knew she’d love it. They then showered and got ready as they were going to her family’s house for Christmas dinner.
*****
“Merry Christmas, my sweet angel,” he whispered to her sleeping form that night as she lay in his arms. Harry swore he saw a smile cross her lips.
Reviews 13
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear