Search:

SIYE Time:6:58 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 396271; Chapter Total: 22844
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
If you Havent Noticed, Yes its been Updated.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry sat in front of the fire in silence, pain cursing through his heart as he thought of what this war had cost him; his friends, his family… All the people that he had ever loved, all the people he would have happily sacrificed his own life for.

The war had been, to put it lightly, a complete disaster. Years of suffering, of trials and losses had been for naught: Darkness had won and Voldemort was triumphant. The fact that Harry’s body was alive, his heart beating and his lungs breathing did not matter in the slightest, as what made him Harry was more than dead.

Reflected on his glasses, the fire sizzled and crackled; its warmth the lone comfort Harry had. The spark of life and hope had been extinguished from his eyes, the green orbs turning duller and darker as his mind went over the spiral of events that cost him everything he had held dear.

The Weasley clan, his family in all but blood, had been killed a year after the death of Dumbledore, with the exceptions of Ron and Ginny. And that had just been the beginning of a very mentally-tortuous, downhill slope. Months and years passed in a blur of battles, death and inconsolable years until Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Luna and Neville were the sole ones left to fight against Voldemort. They were too young to be the veteran soldiers they were, too young to have been condemned by Voldemort personally to die at his hands. They were too young to have forgotten about their dreams and hopes. But they had. Oh, they had.

In the blink of an eye, it then soon dwindled to only Harry and Ginny. Despite the bloodbath and incorporeal scars, they somehow managed to stick together, and perhaps the horrors of the war brought them closer than the most fabled of lovers. It was no surprise that they had married shortly after the deaths of the others.


With only the two of them left, they had decided to pursue one last desperate plan, but the plan had failed. Ginny had died only a week ago and had left Harry on his own. Perhaps the most tragic thing was that Harry had found a very rare spell book in the Potters’ library just three days after the death of his wife. In it were spells that Harry was sure could have been used to help them defeat Voldemort and, perhaps, escape with their lives.


It was in this book Harry noticed a spell to change the past. To put right what once went wrong. It would send Harry back in time, not as Time-Turners did, but actually allow him to relive his life and, hopefully, correct the wrongs.


Harry had decided to go back to his eleventh birthday. Where it had all started. So that was why on Harry’s twenty-first birthday he found himself in his basement reciting a ritual which would send him back in time in order to stop Voldemort, before he had toppled the Ministry of Magic, before he had caused Dumbledore’s death, before his friends had died, and before Ginny had died.


On Harry’s twenty-first birthday he decided to cast the spell. He had to recite the spell’s incantation constantly for four hours before he felt the spell react. All of a sudden, he felt a pull in the vicinity of his navel and he was dragged backwards in time, images of past time around him, hazy and distorted

He closed his eyes, and hoped to arrive to a time where it was not too late to change the future. To erase what had been done and start over.

-oOoOoO-

The first thing that Harry noticed was that he was not on the floor of the cabin on the rock in the middle of the storm. He was in the cupboard under the stairs. Worrying a little, he pushed himself off the poor excuse for a mattress and opened up the cupboard door, pulling off a spider from his shoulder. Spiders were constant companions inside the cupboard.


He closed the cupboard door quietly and walked down the hallway and into the living room. It was the same abnormally neat and tidy living room he had known for many unhappy years. His concern decreased; he had at least made it to near the right when, if not the right place. Harry wandered over to the mantle and examined the pictures. Dudley was everywhere: Dudley playing on his computer, Dudley riding a bicycle, Dudley playing on a merry-go-round with his father.


There was something wrong with the pictures though. With a jolt he realised that they were too high. Even at the age of eleven he had not needed to stand on his toes to see these pictures. His sense of wrongness increased.


Getting anxious he went into the kitchen, which was very clean. Aunt Petunia demanded that everything in the kitchen from the tiles to the cupboards always be immaculate, if it anything was not up to her specifications then she always would make him scrub it for at least three hours straight. After three hours, she would then inspect it and usually make him clean it again until it was up to her exacting standard.


Harry stopped in the kitchen’s entryway. There sat Mr. and Mrs. Dursley and their son Dudley. His aunt and Uncle did not really look any different, but Dudley was much smaller than he should have been. By Harry’s guess, Dudley was no more than seven. This would make him, Harry, six.


A chill went down Harry’s spine, he had gone further back in time then he originally intended to go. Nervously, he sat down and started to eat breakfast.


“You boy” spoke uncle Vernon, he hardly ever spoke to Harry using his proper name, it was always, “You boy” or “Tramp”.


“You never listening to me, do you? I said, go get your hair cut.” This was one of Uncle Vernon’s favourite subjects; his other favourites were how scruffy Harry looked, how Harry always got in trouble at school, or how Harry always did things that annoyed his uncle so much.


“Now, today is a very important day. This day I could be promoted to start running the company.” Vernon puffed out his chest. Grunnings, the company Vernon worked for, made drills. Uncle Vernon seemed to enjoy his job, but Harry thought, it had to be one of the most boring jobs in the world.


“And I will not have you mess it up. So you’re going to sit in your cupboard and not make a sound. And God help you if you do,” threatened Vernon.


Harry’s heartbeat increased and his palms began sweating. He now remembered this day. He had been in his cupboard under the stairs when there had been an enormous crash from upstairs. He had gone out of his cupboard to investigate the noise when Uncle Vernon had emerged from the living room with a baseball bat. Seeing Harry at the base of the stairs, he had jumped to the conclusion that Harry was responsible. He had given Harry one of his worse beatings that night.


It would not happen this time, Harry decided. Of course, his magical reserves were not great at this age, but he stilled believed he could use the little magic available to him to hold off Uncle Vernon’s attack until help arrived. Harry had decided he would call the police. When Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and Dudley went out for the day, Harry left the house as well. He went to the local police station and made an anonymous tip.

So when the loud crash came at five minutes to seven, Harry set his plan in motion and left his cupboard to see what had happened. Just as he remembered, Uncle Vernon emerged with the baseball bat.


The plan did not go how he had hoped. The police were late. Harry had only been able to fend Uncle Vernon off for five minutes and by the time the police arrived he had been beaten for almost 20 minutes. After hearing Harry’s screams, they had broken down the door and had arrested both Mr. and Mrs. Dursley for neglect and Actual Bodily Harm. Harry was taken to the hospital where the doctor informed the police that Harry had probably suffered beatings like this for most of his life.


After the Dursley incident, Harry was taken to an orphanage near Ottery St. Catchpole. Where he was taken care of and well treated. And this is how he found himself six months later on a grassy hill playing with his friend, Ben.


Ben Sliver was the same age as Harry and they both lived at the orphanage. Ben was slightly taller than Harry and had yellow eyes with brown hair. He was wearing a red hooded top with black trousers too long for him and a white t-shirt underneath the hooded top.


“Look over there, that house looks weird!” Ben exclaimed. Harry looked over to where Ben was pointing. There in the distance was the Burrow, Harry’s favourite house. Harry had completely forgotten that the Burrow was even near Ottery St. Catchpole. He had never associated the Burrow with the town as he had never visited the town whilst staying there. Harry’s breath quickened as he realised he was probably only a mile away from were his future wife was sitting.


“The Burrow,” Harry whispered to himself. It was all he could do not to become completely overwhelmed with all his feelings for his future wife. He missed her, he really missed her and knowing that he was only about a five minute walk away from her was torturing.


“And how would you know that?” Ben said.


Thinking quickly, Harry said, “Read about it in the library downtown.” He had to be careful not to let anything slip. He was not meant to know anything about this town.


“Guys it’s time to go,” shouted the voice of Mr. Saunders. Mr. Saunders ran the orphange Harry was staying at, Catchpole Orphanage. This was another thing Harry did not plan for. He had not expected to be literately dropped of on the Weasley’s front door step.


Harry and Ben walked back to the van, climbed in, and did there seat belts up. Harry kept his eyes locked on the Burrow until it disappeared below the horizon.


“You know Harry, I hope tomorrow will bring us both good parents.” Ben said after they had been travelling for five minutes in the van.


“So do I, Ben, so do I.”


After the thirty minute drive from the grassy hill to the orphanage, Ben and Harry went upstairs to wash and change. Completing their nightly chores, they went into the living room where they sat down to watch television.


Around eight thirty Mr Saunders came in and said it was time for bed. It was later than Harry had thought. No wander he felt tired. He was only six years old after all.


Slowly rising off the sofa, he and Ben walked out of the room into the hallway and then up the stairs. Slowly, they brushed their teeth and went to the bedroom he and Ben shared.


“So Harry, what kind of parents are you wishing for tomorrow?” Ben asked as they prepared for bed.


“I don’t really now. I suppose someone who’ll love me for who I am. But I don’t really mind if I’m not picked. It’s just the luck of the draw I guess.”


Harry and Ben climbed into their beds and Harry sat down his and began to meditate.


“Why do you do that? It’s weird.” Ben said as he pulled the covers over.


“It’s something I've always done really,” Harry replied .“It helps me sleep and organise my thoughts.”


Ben drifted off to a deep sleep, yet Harry stayed awake meditating. His thoughts slowly wandered to his current life. It was better now than it ever had been at the Dursleys, yet he felt alone. Slowly, Harry slipped off the bed, dressed quietly, and slowly walked along the hall and down the stairs. Carefully not to wake anyone, he put on his shoes, pulled on his coat, and opened the front door.


Harry had not decided where to walk, so he just walked aimlessly, allowing his feet to take him wherever they wished. He followed the road around the block and saw a footpath going into the trees. Not caring about thieves, he walked along the track for ten minutes before he noticed that he was getting ever closer to the Burrow. He had not intended to walk this far, but his curiosity drew him nearer.

What was the Burrow like now? What was Ron like? What was Ginny like? Slowly, he reached the outskirts of the Weasley home. He walked around the edge of paddock that held the Quidditch posts and sat down near the gate. A sense of calm overtook him. Finally, he felt like he was home.


The sound of a door slamming drew Harry’s attention. Ginny had slammed the backdoor and started to walk towards the paddock. Panicking Harry looked around trying to find somewhere to hide but found nowhere. Ginny walked to within about ten meters and sat down crying. Harry had only seen her cry like this twice before. The first was at Dumbledore’s funeral. The second was when they broke up in his sixth year. Careful not to startle her, he shuffled himself over to her. Ginny looked up slightly taken aback that a six year old stranger was in her garden.


“What’s wrong?” Harry asked in a caring voice.


“Who are you? Why are you in my garden?” answered Ginny.


“Sorry, my name is Harry.” Deciding that revealing himself as Harry Potter was not the best idea since she probably had a massive crush on him “Harry Evans,” Harry said, glad that he had thought to use his mother’s maiden name before Ginny spotted the hesitation.


“I went for a walk and got lost. Are you okay? You look like you’ve been crying.”


Ginny looked up into his face, and sniffed a little before mumbling a couple of words that Harry could hardly hear.


“Sorry, I couldn’t hear you. You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to. What’s your name by the way?”


“Ginny, Ginny Weasley and my brothers are the most horrible brothers in the world.”


“I’m sure they’re not that bad.” Although, if he had to live with Fred and George all year round then maybe he would feel like Ginny.


“You don’t know my brothers. Fred and George are tricksters, playing pranks nearly everyday; figures that their birthday is on the first of April. They’re twins.”


Harry put a comforting hand on her shoulder. “Look, it’s late Ginny. Why don’t we head back inside? I’m sure your parents are wondering where you got to.”


“I want to stay out here! They don’t care. All they care about is whether Percy is going to Hogwarts. They don’t love me. No one does,” Ginny said stubbornly.


“Ginny, if you want a friend, maybe we could be friends? I live in the orphanage downtown.”


“But that is a couple of miles away, at least a twenty minute walk. Why are you all the way out here?”


“I needed to think. I can’t at the orphanage. It feels too lonely there.”


“You don’t have any friends?” asked Ginny her voice laden with concern.


“Well I got a friend, but I don’t really know him.”


“You could be my friend if you want.” Ginny said looking up hopefully into Harry’s face.


“Of course Ginny, I would love too.” Harry replied putting his arm around Ginny and hugging her. “I will always be your friend.”


“GINEVRA MOLLY WEASLEY”


A plump, kind-faced woman marched over to where Ginny and Harry were sitting, hands or her hips waiting for an answer.


“WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DO YOU REALISE I’VE BEEN WORRIED FOR THE PAST THIRTY MINUTES!”


“Sorry mum, I was just talking to Harry. I was upset after what Fred and George did.”


Molly Weasley looked down at her daughter then across to the boy sitting next to her. She slowly looked him up and down and remarked how he looked a lot like. . .


Ginny, seeing who her mum was looking at, told her his name. “Mum, this is Harry Evans; he is from the orphanage from town.”


Molly looked at Harry up and down with her piercing eyes. Her eyes slowly studied his forehead, where Harry hastily pulled down his fringe to hide his scar; he did not want Mrs. Weasley recognising him.


“Well, why don’t you both come in? It’s very late you should be in bed.”


“Sorry Mrs. Weasley, I didn’t mean to do any harm. I’ll just walk back to the orphanage.”


“You will do no such thing, young man. You will come in now before you catch a cold.”


Harry and Ginny walked into the Burrow where Mr. Weasley and all of Ginny brothers were sitting at the kitchen table.


“Ginny!” shouted Ron.


Harry slowly looked around the kitchen and noticed that it did not look much different than it would in a couple of years’ time. Ron walked over to Ginny and hugged her. Ginny smiled at Ron then introduced Harry


“Ron, this is my friend Harry”


Harry stuck out his hand and shook Ron’s. “Please to meet you.” For the next ten minutes Harry was introduced to all of the Weasley family including Bill and Charlie.


Harry slowly looked around the kitchen and noticed that not one bit of magic was in sight. Obviously, the Weasley’s thought he was a Muggle. Harry slowly sat down at the table and listened to Mrs. Weasley, who was now screaming at the twins. Evidently, Ginny had told her why she had fled outside.


After a while, she calmed down and went to the cupboard to get some drinks. Whilst Mrs. Weasley was doing this, Harry looked in the doorway to look straight into the eyes of none other Albus Dumbledore.


“Good evening, maybe I can ask who you are, my young gentleman.”


“My name is Harry.” Harry did not say his last name, knowing Dumbledore would either figure it out or at least see his scar in the time the were looking at each other. Dumbledore’s eyes travelled up to his forehead and set upon his scar.


He asked gently, “May I be inclined to know your last name as well?”


Harry now felt trapped: not thirty minutes ago he told Ginny and Mrs. Weasley that his surname was Evans. He knew that this would not fool Dumbledore. Dumbledore knew Evans was his mother’s maiden name and, even if he did not, the man’s legilimency would let him know that Harry was lying.


Silently looking around the table, his gaze falling lastly on Ginny, he silently asked forgiveness. His eyes remained locked with Ginny’s and he said, “Potter”


Shock passed over Ginny’s face and she remained in confused silence. Mrs Weasley had dropped the mugs she was bringing over; they dropped to the floor and smashed to bits, whilst Dumbledore continue to stare at him.


Molly thought that she had recognised him; now the image of James swam before her eyes and suddenly she wondered why she had not made the connection immediately.


“And my I require why you are here Mr. Potter?” asked Dumbledore.


“You may, but I want to do it in private. I’m sorry Ginny, but I will explain it later.”


“All right, everyone upstairs now!” ordered Mrs. Weasley.


Slowly the Weasleys all walked up the stairs, Ginny looked back at Harry one last time.


“I promise I will explain everything. Maybe not straight away, Gin, but one day you will know.”


Harry turned his gaze towards Dumbledore and started to explain.


“I live in the orphanage downtown and decided to go for a walk; I just walked somewhere random and ended up here.”


“How did you come to live at the orphanage?” Dumbledore prodded.


The question infuriated Harry.. Dumbledore did not he even check up on him. “My aunt and uncle were arrested for ABH and neglect. If you ever had decided to look up on me, you would have known this. I guess with your knowledge of me and Dudley you can guess who the infant was. However, as you don’t care I wouldn’t expect anything less. So, naturally, I didn’t have any other family. Therefore, I was sent to the orphanage. It’s quite nice. Maybe you should go have a look.”


Harry stared defiantly into Dumbledore’s eyes waiting for the man’s reaction to his words.


“Harry, if I had found a hint of them mistreating you…” Dumbledore started but was interrupted by Harry.


“But how would you find out a hint? Like I said, it’s not like you ever checked up on me.”


“I am very truly sorry Harry, I hope in time that you will forgive me.”


Harry slowly calmed down and looked at Dumbledore’s face. “Albus, my friend, fortunately for you, I forgave you when I learnt why you sent me there. Just trust me when I say anywhere would have been better.”


“You truly are a remarkable boy Harry.” Albus said, his face now with a smile. “But forgive me for asking but how do you know why I sent you there?”


“That is a story for another time I feel. I don’t hold grudges, I got over it a long time ago and now we must move on. The question now is, what is going to happen to me? I don’t really want stay at the orphanage and, although I love it here very much and it is my home as much as Hogwarts, I don’t want to be a bother to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. I suggest my godfather.”


Dumbledore looked up at Harry and, asked with some confusion in his voice, “Sirius Black?”


“Indeed, my innocent godfather.”


“Innocent? I think you are mistaken Harry. How do you even know about Sirius?”


“I have my sources. But, I assure you, he is innocent.”


“And exactly how do know about Sirius Black and what proof do you have of his innocence?”


Harry ignored the first part of the question; the twinkle in Dumbledore’s eyes had returned in force and Harry thought the old man might have an idea of how he knew of Sirius’ innocence. “By giving the ministry Peter Pettigrew, of course.”


This time Dumbledore did look surprised. “He is alive?”


Harry smiled crookedly. “If memory serves, Peter is in this very house.”


Both Mr. and Mrs. Weasley started at the statement and looked at Harry with their mouths hanging open.


“How. . .” Mrs Weasley was flabbergasted that someone could be in her house without her knowledge.


“Maybe I should explain, Pettigrew was and is an Animagus. Sirius and my father are as well. It is a remarkable story, Albus, but alas not mine to tell. What needs to be said is that Peter Pettigrew was the traitor, not Sirius, and his Animagus form is a rat.”


Mr. Weasley inhaled sharply and Mrs. Weasley looked ghostly white and muttered one word. “Scabbers.”


“Indeed Mrs. Weasley, Scabbers is Peter. I believe at this time he is Percy’s pet.”


Albus Dumbledore leaned forward on the kitchen table they were using for the discussion. “Well Harry, it sounds like you have a very interesting story to tell.”


“I do, but now is not the time. May I suggest we summon an official from the Ministry as well as Remus Lupin? They should both be here for Peter’s unmasking.. Someone from the Ministry for legal matters and, I believe, Remus will want to know what really happened that night he lost his best friends.”


Dumbledore nodded. “Of course, I’ll have them here first thing in the morning. Am I correct in thinking that you would want to witness the event as well?”


“Of course, he betrayed my parents. He is the reason they’re dead. Why would I not want to be here?” Harry said with disgust in his voice.

“Maybe you should stay here for the night, it’s a bit late to go back to the orphanage,” Dumbledore said. “Don’t worry about Mr Saunders, I will sort out everything.”


“As long as Mr. and Mrs. Weasley don’t mind.”


“Of course we don’t mind,” Mrs. Weasley said.


“Then I will stay,” concluded Harry.


Albus Dumbledore stood. “Harry, tomorrow you must explain how you know all of this and why I feel like believing you is the right thing.”


“Because Albus, you always do the right thing,” Harry said answering the second question. “If the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy remember the boy who did what was right, the boy who was brave because he came face to face with Voldemort. If you are wondering, yes that boy died at the hands of Voldemort.”


Dumbledore furrowed his brow and said “You are very interesting Harry. I hope you will explain everything soon.”


“I will, but I’m very tired now and would like to sleep.”


“Harry, you can share Ginny’s room as you two have become good friends,” Mrs. Weasley said surprising everyone.


“Thank you Mrs Weasley. Which room is that?”


“Up the stairs, third door on the left.”


Harry trudged tiredly upstairs to bed.






The next morning Harry woke up to a scream. It seemed Ginny was not expecting Harry to be in her room.


“Sorry, Ginny, I didn’t mean to scare you. I just spent the night here because it was late and your parents suggested your room as we are friends and I don’t really know your brothers.”


“It’s all right I just wasn’t expecting you to be here,” Ginny said calming down.


“I am sorry about everything Gin. I will tell you soon, but right now I just hope we can still be friends. You’re the only true friend I feel that I have got at the moment.”


“Why did you lie to me Harry?” asked Ginny, hurt evident in her voice.


“Like I said, I will explain, but not today and I’m not totally sure when, but one day when you’re old enough to understand I will tell you.”


“You just like my parents and brothers: ‘You’re too young Ginny, you’ll understand when you’re older, blah blah blah!’ Do I need to remind you that I’m only one year younger than you.”


“You’re terribly smart for a five year old .”


“Flattery will get you nowhere, Mr. Potter,” Ginny retorted and emphasized his last name.


“Nah it won’t.” Then he suddenly remembered something about Ginny he had found out in sixth year.


“But, if I am right then tickles might do the trick.” With that he jumped on Ginny and started tickling her like mad. She laughed so loud that Mrs. Weasley came upstairs to see what the fuss was about.


“My, my, I see that you two have made up quickly. You two can get dressed and then come downstairs for breakfast. Harry, Dumbledore said that he will be here this morning at eleven and it is already nine-thirty. I hope this gets sorted soon, I couldn’t really sleep last night knowing. . .” She broke off and patted Ginny’s head.


“Of course Mrs. Weasley, it will be done soon. I just have to win this tickle match.” Harry smiled then went back to tickling Ginny.


“Fine, but I must warn you, she is a very good tickler.”


After ten minutes and Harry finding out just how good Ginny was at tickling, for some reason he never knew that about his wife, he and Ginny walked downstairs fully dressed. They walked down into the kitchen were the rest of the Weasleys were. They were all looking at him as he walked in.


“He isn’t a monkey in the zoo you know.” Ginny stated looking around at her brothers.


“Thanks Ginny.” Harry said as the rest of the Weasleys went back to their breakfast. Harry sat in the seat next to Ginny and started to eat breakfast. He never managed to eat as much as he wanted at the Dursley’s and, although the orphanage did not starve him, there was no better cooking than Mrs Weasley’s. So Harry dug in hungrily.


“Harry!” exclaimed Mrs Weasley. “Don’t they feed you at that orphanage?”


“Of course, but your food tastes so much better. Best ever I've tasted.”


“That is very flattering, dear, but you might want to eat a bit slower.”


Soon they had finished their breakfast and Mrs. Weasley announced that they were going to Diagon Ally, but Harry would stay with Mr. Weasley as he needed to go back to orphanage. Little did the seven Weasley children know that Harry would probably be here when they returned.


“Ah, but mum can’t I stay here with Harry,” Ginny protested.


“No, dear, you’re coming with me,” replied Mrs. Weasley and then gathered her children so that they flooed one by one to Diagon Ally. Meanwhile, Harry finished his breakfast and waited for Dumbledore to arrive.


At about ten to eleven, there was a knock on the door and Albus walked in, followed by a confused looking Remus Lupin and two Ministry officials.


Dumbledore nodded to him. “Harry, are you ready?”


“Yes, I’ll just go get Peter.” The two ministry officials looked towards one another obviously contemplating something.


“He’s not mad.” Harry heard Albus say. Quietly walking into Percy’s room, he found Peter in his cage asleep. Harry picked up the whole cage and walked downstairs to the waiting men.


“So what is this all about Albus? You said that you got news on a murder and supporter of You Know Who,” stated one of the ministry officials.


“Patience, Jordon,” replied Dumbledore. “All will be revealed in a minute, but Remus please tell me, do you recognise that rat.”


Remus Lupin gingerly lifted the cage and peered into it. He looked at the rat for several seconds before recognition lit in his eyes.


“How is this possible? He’s supposed to be dead! Sirius killed him.” Remus’ eyes remained locked on the rat.


“He was set up,” Harry explained. “Sirius wasn’t my parents’ Secret Keeper, Peter was. As soon as Sirius and Peter swapped, Peter went to Lord Voldemort and betrayed them. Betrayed me. Then when Sirius finally caught up with him, wanting revenge for my parents’ deaths, Peter screamed that Sirius had betrayed them, blew up the street killing the Muggles, chopped of his finger, and then transformed into his Animagus form.”


Utter shock settled onto Remus’s face. .


“My parents didn’t tell you because they thought you were the spy. The reason that they swapped was because Sirius and my parents didn’t think that Voldemort would ever think that Peter would be their Secret Keeper. It was a bluff. I suppose it was Peter’s greatest day when he handed Voldemort my parents. I would kill him right now if I didn’t have to keep him alive so that we can free Sirius.”


“How do you know all of this Harry?” asked Dumbledore


“That is another story for another day. You will find it absolutely fascinating, but it isn’t the right time at the moment to go into it. But I will tell you everything I can at this time. I promise you that.”


“Very well. I suppose it is time for Peter to reveal himself. Remus if you wish,” said Dumbledore gesturing to the cage and trapped rat.


Remus took Peter out of the cage, threw him to the floor, and pointed his wand at Peter whilst muttering an incantation.


Within seconds, Peter stood before the whole group. Looking scared out of his wits.


“Ah, Wormtail,” greeted Harry. “It is so god damn jolly to see you old chap, how have you been my friend?”


Wormtail just stood there speechless whilst Dumbledore, Remus, and the two Ministry officials were shocked at Harry’s politeness.


“Come now Wormtail, you know it is impolite to greet someone who said hello to you first. Didn’t Voldemort teach you any manners? Tut tut and his Death Eaters say he is a great leader for the pure bloods, shame they don’t know he is half blood. I’m sure they think he’s pure blood. Come on now, speak up! If you don’t, I might have to curse you and, I assure you, you don’t want that.


“Harry, you’re alive! Remus, my old friend, it’s so great to see you,” Wormtail said and started to walk over to them. With a flick of his hand, Harry threw Wormtail across the room and into the opposite wall.


“So sorry, seem to have lost control of myself there. I just didn’t want your hands on me. After all, you did betray my parents. What I want to know is why?”


Wormtail slowly looked up at Harry. “Me. . .Betray Lily and James? You’re mistaken Harry. I would never…” But he was interrupted by Harry.


“Don’t play games with me, fool. I know everything! The best you could do now is start telling the truth.”


Wormtail continued to plea his innocence. “Harry. . .I am innocent! Sirius tried to kill me.”


“Alas, he did, but why? I can tell you why! Because you betrayed my parents and he wanted revenge. I’m not surprised that he felt it was his fault when he discovered his best friend had just been killed by Voldemort. He had convinced them to make you the Secret Keeper.”


“Harry, please…”


Harry slowly lifted his hand towards Peter and he screamed out in pain.


Harry lowered his hand. “Now, the hurting will stop Wormtail once you start telling us the truth.” The pain Wormtail was in looked to lesson and he started gasping from the aftermath of the curse.


“You have to understand Harry I never meant it! You Know Who has very strong powers that you could not comprehend. If I disobeyed him then he would have killed me.”


“THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED” shouted Remus. Harry looked at Remus, he had forgotten the man was there. “AS WE WOULD HAVE DONE FOR YOU.”


“I’m sorry. I really am. I never meant it! I didn’t want them to die.”


“Of course you meant it, Wormtail.” Said Harry. “You meant every bit of it; you were just unlucky that you got caught. Albus, that bit of magic has greatly weakened me and I’m very tired. I trust that you can take it from here.”


“Of course Harry, but we will talk about this.”


“Of course, Albus, of course. I suppose now that we know the truth, Sirius will be set free?”


“He should be free by the end of the day,” assured Dumbledore.


“Thank you, Albus.”


And with that Harry walked out of the kitchen and up to his and Ginny’s room, laid down on his bed, and drifted of to dreamless sleep.


Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear