Search:

SIYE Time:23:21 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 397043; Chapter Total: 9537
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
and yet.. Guess what.. Another One!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The rest of the holidays went by with no incident. Hermione came back a day before the lessons were due to restart and was disappointed that no one had found Nicholas Flamel yet. As the nagging of Hermione returned for Harry to do lots of revision and studying to help with his classes the start of spring term also brought back the Quidditch practices.


Wood worked them harder than Harry remembered them working before and kept losing his temper when the twins would mess around. Come one very wet and windy practice Wood gave them the bad news that Harry didn’t really want to hear again but knew it was coming anyhow.


“Will you two stop messing around?” Wood called to the twins who were pretending to fall off their brooms. “You know, if you do that in the match we will lose this game. Snape’s refereeing this game and I’ll be damned if you can give him an excuse to knock points off Gryffindor.”


George, who had lost grip oh his broom when he heard Woods words, spat out some mud from his mouth before saying “Snape’s refereeing? Since when can Snape referee a quidditch game? He’s not going to be fair if we might overtake Slytherin.”


“Don’t blame me guys.” Wood explained “I wasn’t the one who chose this. We are just going to have to play a clean game. Don’t give Snape an excuse to pick on us.”


Once practise was over Harry headed up to the Gryffindor common room to see Ron and Hermione playing a game of chess. Ron just nodded his head before turning back to the game. Harry didn’t really think this was important news. Nothing came out of it so he decided to wait for Neville to come up.


Just a moment after Ron managed to checkmate Hermione’s queen the portrait door opened and in toppled Neville with the leg locker curse on him. Everyone laughed apart from Harry, Hermione and Ron who rushed over to him to see if he was alright. Hermione hastily removed the curse and Ron and Harry guided him over to where they were sitting.


“What happened Neville?” Ron asked as Neville settled down in the couch.


“Malfoy.” Neville said. “He said he was looking for someone to practice it on. He said he would have preferred Harry but I was the next best thing.”


“Report him Neville” Hermione said.


“Don’t want trouble.” Neville mumbled out.


“You’ve got to stand up to him Neville.” Ron said. “He gets his kicks out of walking all over people. But don’t stand by and let him do that to you.”


“There’s no point in telling me I'm not brave enough to be in Gryffindor, Malfoy’s done that already.” Neville said before moving his head downwards to look at the floor.


“If you weren’t brave enough the sorting hat would never have put you here.” Harry said taking out a chocolate frog from his pocket and handing it to Neville. “Heck you stood up to Malfoy that day at breakfast remember. Even though we got detention. Which I might add professor McGonagall never told us what time so we didn’t actually get detention for it. And now you say you aren’t brave. Standing up for your parents that day made you the bravest Gryffindor I know so do not in any circumstances think that you don’t belong here. The sorting hat put you here for a reason.”


Neville’s eyes glistened with tears as Harry finished his speech. “Thanks Harry.” He said un-wrapping the chocolate frog. He looked at the card before giving it to Ron. “Dumbledore, that one is so popular nearly everyone’s got him. I know you have him but I don’t collect them but you and Harry do. You might be able to trade him for one that you don’t have.”


Ron took the card before smiling at Neville and turned it over to read the back. “Hey I found him!” he exclaimed once he read it. “Listen to this. Professor Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon’s blood and his work on alchemy with his partner… NICOLAS FLAMEL”


“Oh my... Stay here you three I’ll be right back.” Hermione exclaimed before running up the girl’s staircase. A couple of seconds later she was rushing back down with a giant book in her hands. “I never thought to look in here. I got it out of the library for light reading.”


“That is light?” Ron said but hurriedly shut up after the look Hermione gave him. She went back to flipping through the pages, taking time to carefully look at a page once in a while. Finally she stopped at a page and looked up.


“We allowed to speak yet?” Ron said which caused Hermione to hit him over the head before going make to the page.


“Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the philosopher’s stone!” she said hurriedly looking at the boys expectantly.


“What’s that?” Ron and Neville said together.


“Honestly don’t you guys read?” She said looking at the three of them


“Hey” Harry said putting up his hands “I never said I didn’t know what it was.”


“You actually know something Harry? About magic?” Ron said with a smile across his face acting shocked.


“Shut it. If my knowledge is correct the stone turns any metal into gold. And produces the Elixir of Life that makes the drinker immortal. I just didn’t know Flamel made it.” Harry explained.


“So the dog must be guarding the stone.” Hermione said.


“Agreed.” Harry said nodding his head


“If this falls into the wrong hands it could be deadly.” Hermione said. “That’s properly why Fluffy’s guarding it. It used to be in Gringotts remember. Someone tried to steal it from there. Flamel must have asked Albus to guard it ‘cause he knew someone was after it.”


“And that someone is Snape.” Ron said.


“Agreed.” Hermione said.


“A stone that makes all metal into gold and produces a drink to stop you from dying. No wonder Snape is after it.” Neville said “Anyone would want that.”


“Hell yeah, I might try and steal it before Snape if it’s that good.” Harry joked.


Hermione looked at him crossly as if to say that this is no laughing matter whilst Neville and Ron chuckled behind him.


“No wonder we couldn’t find Flamel in recent history books. He isn’t exactly recent is he? If he’s six hundred and sixty five.” Ron said as he was reading the passage in the book about Flamel.


They all sat down in their chairs to digest what they’d just found out when Harry remembered the quidditch game.


“Snape is referring the next quidditch game by the way. The thing with Neville and the stone drove it out of my mind but Snape has decided to referee the next match.” Harry told them.


“Snape? Referee? You’ve got to be joking.” Ron said.


“Don’t play Harry.” Hermione said. “You can’t afford Snape trying to kill you again.”


“Say you’re ill mate.” Ron suggested.


“Pretend to break your leg.” Neville suggested.


“Really break your leg.” Ron said looking at him in the eye.


“We don’t have a reserve seeker. And I'm not afraid of Snape. I can out fly him any day so it will be hard for him to catch me. I'm going to play. Slytherins will think I'm a coward if I don’t. We will win and overtake them in the championship.” Harry said “I'm going to play.” He said with finality in his voice.


“Just as long as we’re not wiping you off the pitch afterwards.” Hermione replied.


“Way to install confidence Hermione.” Harry said sarcastically. “I might hire you to be my personal confidence booster.”




Harry stood on the pitch waiting for Snape to blow the whistle. Harry soon heard the sound he was waiting for and flew up into the air.


Meanwhile in the stands Ron, Hermione and Neville were watching nervously. All of a sudden Ron felt a finger poking him in the back of his head and he whipped around to see Malfoy looking back at him.


“How long do you recon it will be until Potter loses control of his broom again? Crabbe and Goyle here think ten minutes. I don’t think he will last five.” Malfoy said. Ron, Neville and Hermione ignored him as they watched Harry narrowly missed by a bludger. “You know I finally worked out how Gryffindor chooses their team players. It’s all those people they feel sorry for you see. Weasleys with no money. Potter with no family apart from a convicted murderer. He must stay awake all night shaking with fear that Black might sneak into his room and kill him.”


“SHUT THE HELL UP MALFOY” Ron hissed out under his breath as he saw Harry go into a dive.


“Oh look, Potter’s found some gold on the ground for you. Do be kind and thank him when he gives the knut to you. Your mum might be able to buy some bread now so your ickle sister can stop starving herself.” Malfoy sneered. “Although a girl like Weasley shouldn’t really be alive. It’s not like there’s any point to her living. It’s not like your family can buy her presents or what not at Christmas.” Malfoy said with a smirk on his face. “What’s the point in living when you can’t even get Christmas presents.”


All of a sudden Ron had to duck when he saw Harry flying straight at him. Harry stopped just where Ron’s head was again. Grabbed the greasy hair and pulled down hard causing Malfoy to hit his nose on the back seat of Ron’s chair breaking it clean and causing blood to run downs the Slytherin’s face.


“If I ever hear you talking about Ginny like that again I swear you will wish death to come to you quick compared to what I would do to you.” Harry hissed out, more angry then Ron had ever seen him before.


Snape blew his whistle and awarded a penalty to Slytherin because of Harry’s outburst and Harry flew back into the air looking for the snitch. Even before the Slytherin chaser could get the Quaffle to take the penalty Harry had gone into a dive causing everyone to stop and watch.


Harry raced down to the ground and felt the fluttering of wings flap against his hand as he caught the snitch and setting a new Hogwarts record for the fastest ever catch.


About an hour after the game had finished Harry finally left the changing rooms happier then he could have hoped for. Images of Ron, Neville’s and Hermione celebration down on the pitch running through his mind. If he didn’t know any better people would thing they actually won the Quidditch Cup this year already. He got points taken off for his attack on Malfoy but he believed it to be worth it after what he heard him say about Ginny.


Thinking this caused Harry to think about what she was doing now. He hadn’t written a letter since the Christmas holidays. He thought he really should do it soon, otherwise Ginny may think back to earlier times where she thought he would forget her. Harry rounded the corner to see Snape and Quirrell having a conversation as he hid in the bushes, hearing the last couple of sentences of the conversation.


“You don’t want me as your enemy, Quirrell.” Snape said.


“I-I-I d-don’t know w-w-what you mean…” Quirrell stammered.


“Of course you know what I mean. Have you found out how to get past the other security features and that three headed dog of Hagrid’s. Hagrid isn’t an easy person to talk to when it comes to betraying Dumbledore. You think you’re going to get him to talk with some of your little bit of hocus pocus. I'm waiting.” Snape said.


“B-but I d-d-don’t.” Quirrell stammered.


“Very well we’ll have another conversation when you’ve figured out where your loyalty truly lies.” Snape said before moving off back towards the castle.


So that was what the entire conversation was last time. And didn’t it happen in the forbidden forest last time as well? Harry didn’t really seem to care that it changed like that. It’s not like it would make a massive change in the timeline that.


Harry managed to get back to the common room within fifteen minutes from there. A new record Harry believed as he came into the common room.


“Harry where have you been?!” Hermione said jumping for joy.


Ron then noticed Harry and jumped up screaming “We won we won. We’re in the lead for the quidditch cup. It’s party time Harry. Fred and George got that lot from the kitchens.” Ron said nodding over to the table that was full of food. Neville also joined them whilst Ron was saying his bit.


“That was some flying Harry.” Neville said “And what a way to bang up Malfoy.”


“No one talks about Ginny like that and gets away with it. Malfoy knows spells alright. But when it comes to muggle fighting he doesn’t know how to stop it. Hence why I use my fist rather than wand when he attacks us and I find my self forced to retaliate. But anyway I’ve got some things to tell you three.” Harry said before explaining what happened between Snape and Quirrell. Well what happened to them last time around anyway. If he told them what he heard this time they would have confirmation that it was indeed the stone. However if Harry told them what he heard last time around the whole conversation then they would have perfect proof.


“So it is the philosopher’s stone, you were right Hermione.” Harry said nodding to her. “Snape asked about Quirrell’s hocus pocus. There are probably other things guarding the stone and if Dumbledore asked Quirrell and Snape to guard it then he probably asked other teachers as well. But Snape asked Quirrell especially about the things guarding it. So he probably already knows the others.


“So you’re saying the stone is safe as long as Quirrell stands up to Snape?” Hermione asked and Harry nodded.


“It will be gone by next Tuesday then.” Ron said
Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear