Search:

SIYE Time:8:27 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 396274; Chapter Total: 9857
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Heres the next installment. hope you like it as its a very big one. This chapter was written my be and then EXtremley Edited by My beta reader Heather aka Gweasleypotter. so now she is co arthur, just though i'll give her some credit :) she added like an extra 4 pages to it :)




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The sun was just starting to peak over the horizon as soft gold streams started to seep into the topmost windows in the Burrow. It was beginning to look like a beautiful day, and that was perfect because today was Ginny’s birthday. A stream of light snuck through the gap in the orange Chudley Cannon drapes and grew with intensity as they reached the bed against the wall. They seemed to be insisting that it was time to wake as they changed colour from a rich gold to orange to clear piercing white. Harry had awoken to this gradual wake up call and it was the intense white light that found him laying in bed thinking. His birthday had happened a week ago and something about that event made Harry think a lot. Or rather it was the memory he saw of his parents that had Harry contemplating. He had never seen them like that, it really was special. The fact of the mater was that he had never seen anyone act as they had. Sure Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were loving and never hid that from the children, but they were never playful the way that his parents had been. ‘Or at least they are never playful in front of us.’ Harry thought. It was something he imagined him having with Ginny one day, when they grew up. A life, just a plain normal life with Ginny, filled with playful banter and love. But in order to do that he needed her to love him. Harry was starting to get a headache thinking about this over and over.


Pulling himself out of bed Harry pushed his thoughts of the future out of his head. Today was about having fun and spending time with Ginny. After taking care of his morning ritual, all while trying to make as little noise as possible so as not to awake anyone, Harry walked downstairs. Looking up from the last step on the staircase, where his attention had been focussed so as to keep quiet, to see an unusual sight. Ginny was sitting on the couch in her dressing gown with a mug of hot chocolate. It wasn’t that Ginny sitting on the couch or the mug of hot cocoa was the unusual part, it was that she was awake. She never got up before the sun was fully in the sky, it seamed to be a Weasley family rule or something. Once again he had stayed over at the Burrow; he always did on his and Ginny’s birthdays.


“Hey Gin, what are you doing up so early?” Harry asked her as he went into the kitchen to get himself a mug of hot chocolate as well.


“It’s my birthday.” She replied. “Unlike you I can’t sleep in late. I want to open my presents first thing.”


“You need to wait for the rest you know.” Harry reminded her as he walked out of the kitchen with a steaming cup of cocoa.


“Do I really have to?” Ginny moaned, causing Harry to laugh.


“Are you sure your name is Ginny… sure you aren’t Ron in disguise?” They sat and talked for another hour before Mrs. Weasley was heard coming down the stairs.


“What do you want for breakfast, loves?” She said as she spotted Harry and Ginny having a tickling match on the sofa.


“Pre-sents.” Ginny gasped out through her laughter.


“You know the rules. Breakfast before presents.” Mrs. Weasley admonished as she walked in to the kitchen.


“Ah come on mum, just this once.” Ginny said, managing to hold in her laugh now that her and Harry had stopped. “Harry didn’t have breakfast before he opened his.”


“That’s because he slept past breakfast.” Mrs. Weasley explained looking back into the living room while tying on her apron. “Now, what do you want for breakfast Ginny?”


“Pancakes… with strawberries and ice cream… and whipped cream!” Ginny said at once and Mrs. Weasley just smiled, shaking her head and went back into the kitchen. She should have known, it was, after all Ginny’s favourite.


As Mrs. Weasley started to cook the smell of bacon and pancakes began to permeate the house. In no time the smell had awoken the boys in their beds and called to their empty stomachs. It wasn’t long before the rumbling of feet on the stairs announced that the Weasley boys had awoken. As they descended upon the kitchen they took their seats with Harry and Ginny around the table. Unfortunately, neither Bill nor Charlie were able to be there. They couldn’t get the time off for her birthday this year so they had to stay in Romania and Egypt. After every last platter of pancakes and bacon not to mention the strawberries and whipped cream were devoured the whole Weasley clan huddled themselves in the living room. Everyone was seated comfortably after such a large meal, talking while Ginny piled her presents around her. Once she was confident that she had all of the gifts close at hand she proceeded to glare at Harry. For his part Harry immediately felt it burning into the back of his head as he listened to Ron, one look at her told him what she was after. Leaning across Ron as he continued on about something to do with the Cannons, Harry hit Fred upside the head. Fred turned to glare at him but caught sight of Ginny first. As with anyone who knew her he now understood why he had been hit. Soon a wave of nudges swept through the room and all eyes were on Ginny.


Ginny grabbed the first present which was from her parents and ripped off the paper. As Ginny’s hands pulled in two opposite directions she was left with only wrapping paper as something bulky tumbled to the floor. Picking up the bulk of leather that was laying on the floor she recognised what it was, a pair of quidditch gloves.


“Well all your brothers have got a pair of quidditch gloves.” Mrs. Weasley explained. “I know they’re not an expensive pair but the person in the shop said there pretty good and especially made for girls.”


“Thanks mum.” Ginny said happily as she flung her arms around her mother. Sitting back with a big smile on her face she moved onto the next present which was from Ron. Trying not to launch this present across the room she only used one hand to rip the paper away revealing the front of the rectangular object. It was a book. Ginny’s face fell a little before she read the title, the smile spreading across her face showed how extremely happy she had become. She was once again jumping across the living room, only this time it was over Harry as well. Having seen the look in her eyes Harry was trying to sink into the couch so as not to be caught in the crossfire. Sailing over Harry, and just missing his stomach with her knees, she flung her arms around Ron’s neck muttering her thanks. Whilst she appeared to be trying to strangle Ron in her excitement Harry looked over at the book lying on the couch. The red shimmering letters winked up at him as he read the title, One Thousand of the Best Chaser Moves and Plays, Harry was in shock. Ron had actually thought of something good for once. It probably helped that it was something about quidditch, he admitted to himself.


“Thanks Ron.” Ginny said again as she went back to the couch and the book. “Now I can learn these moves and whip your butts even more at quidditch.”


“Ah… oops.” Ron muttered as the twins mock-glared at him. “Guess I never thought of that. Mind if you give the book back and I’ll get you something else?” Ron joked, causing her to laugh.


Shaking her head and stuffing the book under the front of her shirt so that her brothers wouldn’t be able to get a hold of it she replied. “Not a chance. I’m not letting you lot anywhere near this book. Well none of you except maybe Harry. I know he wouldn’t try to hide it from me.”


Outright ignoring the insolent and hurt glares that were being half-heartedly thrown at her, she turned to the next present. Noticing that this present had a name tag on it she immediately realised that it was from Percy. She opened it up with less enthusiasm than the last two, knowing that anything from Percy was likely to be her definition of boring. The paper dropped away as she thought ‘Oh boy…’ and looked upon the newly revealed study guide.


“It will help you with your studies this year Ginny. The first year is very important. Harry nearly failed it last year and I don’t want the same thing happening to you.”


“Err sure…” Ginny muttered. “But I still don’t understand about Harry, he can do magic.”


“He can now, but for the first two terms he couldn’t.” Percy said in his self-important voice. “Actually I believe he didn’t show any magic until the actual exams. I heard that the board of governors was preparing to chuck him out. The only reason they didn’t before the end of the year was because of the press they would get. The press would have a field day, chucking the famous Harry Potter, our saviour out of school. That’s the only reason he stayed in for so long.”


“But I passed the exams and I am going into second year.” Harry said indignantly.


“Yes, yes that’s true. Harry, I didn’t say you don’t deserve to go. I just said you nearly got chucked out. If it weren’t for your celebrity status you probably would have been.” Percy continued again, completely unaware of the glares he was getting.


“And how did you come across this information?” Sirius asked curiously, this being the first he had heard of it.


“I overheard a couple of teachers talking last term.” Percy said.


“One of them didn’t happen to be Snape, now would it now?” Harry asked.


“I believe so.” Percy said thinking.


“Now that that is explained. Ginny, next present.” Harry said shrugging and handing her the next present. This one was wrapped in colourful paper; in fact it looked like the colours had exploded onto the paper. It was from Fred and George, and knowing them they probably had. Taking into account that the twins hadn’t turned any birthday presents into pranks for a few years she ripped into the wrapping paper. With a sigh of relief that nothing awful happened, Ginny finished taking off the wrapping paper to reveal a box of potions.


“I’m so not touching them.” Ginny said straight away while pushing the box further away, causing the twins to look shocked.


“Now Ginny.” Fred said.


“Would we do a thing like that?” George said.


“Do I really need to answer that about two of the biggest pranksters I know?” Ginny replied, glaring slightly at them. There was a subtle cough behind her and she turned to see Sirius by the door. “After the marauders of course.” She added hastily, causing Sirius to smile and the twins to frown.


“We wouldn’t do anything like that sis.” Fred said now pretending to be hurt.


“Yeah…Not with your birthday present at least.” George continued.


“But maybe later…” Fred finished in a conspiratorial tone.


“Fred, George don’t you dare, it’s her birthday.” Mrs Weasley said scowling at them, causing them to shrink back away from her.


“Yes mum.” They both said at the same time, fear evident in their voices.


“Do you trust them?” Ginny whispered to Harry.


“Not a chance.” Harry replied shaking his head.


Ginny looked carefully at the potions. “What are they?” she asked the twins, confused as hell to what they could be if they weren’t pranks.


“Glamour potions sis.” Fred told her, sitting up straighter and flashing her a trademark twins smile.


“No more standing in front of the mirror for hours.” George said flashing the same smile.


“Although knowing girls you’ll do that anyway.” Fred inserted dismissively.


“Just take a potion and it will put a glamour around you to make you look… well glamorous.” George finished.


“Wow.” Ginny said whilst looking though the instructions. “I’m not sure if I should be offended or pleased. But this is great, thanks guys. They could really save some time.”


Ginny moved on to the next present and noticed it was from Bill. On the packaging was the word fragile so she took care when unwrapping it. After pealing away the plain brown packing paper Ginny opened the small box to reveal a sand globe. Looking into the globe she saw that in it was a sphinx and a pyramid. She shook it gently and a sand storm whipped up around the pyramid and sphinx.


“I like it. It will go well on my bedside table.” Ginny said as she examined it and swirled the sand globe again.


“Both Bill and Charlie wanted to be here Ginny, you know that right? They just weren’t allowed the time off that’s all.” Mrs Weasley spoke up interrupting Ginny’s inspection of her newest present.


“I know mum.” Ginny said looking at her. “I understand. Really, it’s ok.” She reached over for the second to last present and unwrapped it. Inside was a plush baby dragon and when she pulled it out of the box it began to stretch it wings. She couldn’t believe how life-like it looked; the only thing that gave away that it wasn’t real was its soft texture. She put it down on the floor and it started walking about and acting just like a baby dragon. Ginny picked up a note that was at the bottom of the box and read it aloud.


Sis,


I know that you liked the baby dragons when you visited me over here at Christmas last year. So here is one for you. I was thinking of given you a proper one, but then I thought mum wouldn’t like it. Sorry I couldn’t be there for your birthday. I really did try and get it off but my boss wasn’t having it. Love ya loads


Charlie.


“It’s so cute.” Ginny said picking it up and letting it walk about in her lap. She sat it on the arm rest of the sofa and it curled up into a ball. She chuckled and went to get the last package. She read the scrap of wrapping paper that was being used as a name tag saying it was from Sirius. Unwrapping it with excitement, Sirius was one of the best gift givers, she uncovered the odd shaped present to find her very own Quaffle.


“My own Quaffle.” She gasped.


“Yup.” Sirius said. “I thought that you could use a Quaffle whilst playing quidditch with your brothers.”


“Sirius, how much do Quaffles cost?” Mrs Weasley asked him suspiciously.


“Does it matter?” Sirius replied. “It’s her birthday. Harry’s got a snitch and Ginny’s got a Quaffle. All we need now is a bludger and you got a full set. The twins’ birthday is April the first right? A bludger each maybe?”


Ginny jumped up and hugged Sirius before putting the Quaffle with the rest of her presents before turning back to the pile to get Harry’s. It was then she realised that there weren’t anymore presents. That Sirius’s was the last one.


“Ginny don’t even think that I'm forgetting you.” Harry said quickly when he saw a flash of hurt in her eyes. When she turned to look at him Harry saw that her eyes were starting to moist up. “Don’t cry.” Harry said quickly scooting over to her and pulling her into a hug. “I haven’t forgotten you. I was hoping, with you parents permission, that for your birthday, when we go to Diagon Alley that they’ll let me buy you your own wand.”


Ginny looked up to Harry. The moistness that was in her eyes suddenly vanished as quickly as it had appeared. “My own wand?” she whispered in amazement, searching his face to be sure he was serious.


“I know you were planning on using your grandmother’s but, well Mr. Ollivander told me when I got mine that no two wands are ever the same and you can’t ever get the best performance out of someone else’s wand.” Harry told her. “So can I buy you a wand for your birthday? And please say yes because if you don’t then I really don’t have anything.”


“Mum, can he?” Ginny said pulling away slightly from Harry and turning to look at her mother.


“Well of course he can love.” Mrs Weasley said. “Otherwise he doesn’t have a present for you and I don’t want to be the reason of that.” She smiled as Ginny turned back around and started hugging Harry even harder.


“Ginny, need to breathe.” Harry squeaked out and Ginny quickly let go with a blush creeping up her cheeks.


“I'm getting my own wand.” She whispered. “I'm getting my own wand.”


“Thought you might like that.” Harry whispered to her.


“Definitely.” Ginny replied.


-oOoOoOo-


After they cleared up the rubbish Harry, Ginny, and her brothers went out to try the new Quaffle. Harry, of course, had his snitch; he carried it with him where ever he went now. So they had a pretty good game of quidditch. Ginny of course, once again scoring the most goals with Harry, because Charlie wasn’t there, catching the snitch every time. Afterwards Ginny’s brothers moaned about not letting Harry and Ginny be on the same team ever again.


When they got back they all went into the living room to settle down with a game of Exploding Snap and waited for the birthday cake to be served. After about the fourth hand, Fred and George came in holding some letters.


“Guess what an owl just brought us.” Fred said.


“It looks like some Hogwarts letters have arrived.” George added handing them out.


Harry took his letter and opened it up to see the second year booklist...all Lockhart books. He silently groaned to himself ‘Not the fraud again’. He had never much liked the man and having him as a teacher again just annoyed him.


“You’ve been told to get Lockhart books too?” Fred’s voice broke through Harry’s internal complaining as he peered over Harry’s shoulder.


“That lot won’t come cheep.” George said looking at his parents. “Lockhart books are really expensive…”


“Well, we’ll manage.” Mrs. Weasley said looking worried. “I expect we will get a lot of Ginny’s things second-hand.”


“You don’t need to mum.” Ginny whispered and Harry turned to look at her to see tears running down her cheeks. “I…I…I d…didn’t get in.” she then dropped the letter on the table and got up and started to run towards the stairs sobbing.


Fred and George started hurriedly calling after her telling her to come back. Harry looked at them then reached over and grabbed the letter. As Harry started to read the letter he knew what was going on and by the third line he was seeing red. Slamming the letter back down on the table he jumped up and chased after Ginny. It all happened so fast that he had reached her before she had set one foot on the stairs. Grabbing hold of her arm he spun her around stopping her from going up them and forcing her to look at him.


“Ginny what do you mean you didn’t get in?” Mrs. Weasley asked worried. “I don’t understand… how could you not get in?”


“The letter said I didn’t get in.” Ginny sobbed out. “I’m not going to Hogwarts.”


“Yes you are.” Harry said forcefully gripping her shoulders causing Ginny to look at him. Harry wiped a tear from her cheek as it rolled its way toward her jaw. Much more gently Harry spoke looking directly at Ginny. “The letter is a fake Ginny. That’s not your real letter. It was a fake.”


“But it said…” Ginny whispered.


“Ginny it doesn’t matter what it said. It’s a fake. A cruel joke.” He said the last sentence glaring over his shoulder at Fred and George. They had followed Harry and now stood in the kitchen doorway looking very guilty. “Where’s her real letter?” he asked them, anger prevalent in his voice.


“In the kitchen.” Fred muttered.


“We’ll just… just go get it. “George said not looking up.


“We didn’t know she’d react this bad.” Fred whispered before they both turned around rushing back into the kitchen.


“FRED AND GEORGE WEASLEY!” Mrs. Weasley shouted out as they disappeared into the kitchen.


“I’ll be right back.” Harry quickly told Ginny and he too went into the kitchen. Once the door had closed behind him he waved his hand towards the door muttering “Secretum volo”. Finishing the incantation Harry sensed his magic flowing from him and the door glowed completing the charm. He looked up and saw Fred and George heading towards him.


“Err… hey Harry.” Fred said nervously when he noticed him.


“Thirsty?” George asked.


Harry took one step towards them, eyes trained on them in a glare and staying quiet. Fred and George stayed where they were but an audible swallow and the looks on their faces told of their nervousness.


“What are you doing Harry?” Fred’s voice actually shook and Harry couldn’t help but feel glad that they were scared. It would make keeping this sort of thing from happening again easier.


“Yeah you’re scaring us.” George laughed nervously.


“Good.” Harry whispered as he took another step towards them. This time they took a step back away from him. Suddenly before either of the twins could react, Harry lashed out. With both of his hands he grabbed both Fred and George by the scruff of the neck and forced them down onto the table. Making contact with the table the twin’s bodies knocked some plates onto the floor which chattered causing a massive racket. They tried to shove Harry off but couldn’t, he was just too strong. They didn’t understand how he was doing it and that caused the fear in them to heighten. Harry consciously willed more of his magic to increase his strength, using his magic to make him strong enough to hold them there.


“Listen up and listen up good ‘cause I'm only going to tell you once.” Harry growled shoving them into the table a little. “What you just did was the most horrible thing you could have ever done to Ginny. Especially on her birthday! Do you know what Ginny’s worst fear is?” Harry asked them in a threatening whisper. Both of them shook their heads. “To be left behind. To be forgotten.” Harry continued to whisper to them and this was some how more frightening than if he had screamed. “What you just did was literally bring her worst nightmare to life.” The look of horror on their faces was one of utmost sorrow. “Do you know what a Boggart is?” Harry asked them again. They both nodded their heads. “Good, then you know what it does. I’d bet any money that when Ginny faces a Boggart it would be of her being forgotten, left behind. So I'm going to warn you now. Ever make fun of Ginny again, ever prank her again, and you WILL have me to answer to.” Harry let his magic build up slightly and saw the look of fear slide across their faces when they felt Harry’s magic. Harry smiled sweetly at them. “Never prank her again. Or I will get madder than you have ever seen me, and that anger will be directed toward you. And trust me when I tell you, you don’t want that happening.”


“S-s-sure Harry.” George stuttered quietly.


“No pranking Ginny. We go it.” Fred added quickly.


“I mean it!” Harry told them fiercely.


“We understand.” They said together. Harry looked at them and could tell that they meant it. They really were scared. ‘Job done’ he thought as he let go of them.


“Tell no one what happened. Don’t breathe a word to anyone. Got it.” Harry added as he picked up the broken plates and put them in the bin.


“We got it.” they said in unison again. Harry took one look at them and went back into the living room, cancelling the spell he put on the door way as he went. He just acted like none of that had ever happened.


When the twins got back to the living room they gave Ginny her proper letter but she was too scared to open it. She continued to rotate it in her hands, looking from the address to the wax seal and back.


“You’ll get in Ginny.” Harry reassured her. “Trust me. Especially if your bat bogey hex is anything to go by.”


Ginny smiled at that and opened up her letter. She read the first line and Harry saw happiness cross her face which made her even more beautiful in Harry’s opinion. Suddenly she jumped on Harry, causing him to fall backwards and Ginny to land on top of him.


“I got in, I got in.” She said ecstatically.


“Oh I never could tell with you jumping on me like that.” Harry drawled. “But I must say, I knew you liked me Ginny but jumping on me like that. Surely you should do that when there are a few less observers.” Ginny playfully hit him on the arm.


“Ow! That hurt. Was is it with women and hitting people!” Harry moaned out.


“Prat.” Ginny muttered as she got off him.


“So you got in?” Mrs. Weasley asked smiling at the two as Ginny mumbled something about boys.


“Yup I'm going to Hogwarts!” Ginny exclaimed. Harry smiled as Ginny re-read her letter and the smile got bigger and bigger. ‘Ginny was going to her first year at Hogwarts’ Harry thought. ‘I just hope I made the right decision about the Chamber of Secrets.’


-oOoOoOo-


The next morning found the Weasleys, Harry and Sirius standing around the fire grate in the Weasleys’ kitchen.


“Right Harry dear you first.” Mrs. Weasley said holding out a small pot with powder in it.


“You know, Sirius could just side apparate me there …” Harry said eyeing the floo powder.


“You’re not scared are you Harry?” Ginny teased.


“Me… scared… I don’t have a clue what you’re on about.” Harry said quickly. “I ain’t scared… I just don’t like it. There’s a difference.”


“Of course there is.” Ginny said rolling her eyes. “Here, let a pro show you how it’s done.” she grabbed a handful of floo powder and before anyone could stop her she stepped into the grate. She dropped the floo powder and opened her mouth to shout Diagon Alley. However, just as she was saying the words she coughed. So rather than saying Diagon Alley, it turned out “Coughturn Alley.” Harry watched in horror as Ginny disappeared in a furl of green flames. Before anyone had a chance to register what had just happened let alone stop him Harry grabbed some more floo powder and jumped into the fire. He dropped the floo powder and shouted as clear as day “Coughturn Alley.” Harry just hoped and prayed he’d come out in the same place as Ginny.


Fire grates rushed by and he saw snatches of living rooms, kitchens, shops and bedrooms. After what felt like forever he felt himself slow down and prepared himself for the landing. He felt his feet touch solid ground and stumbled forwards into what appeared to be a shop. Once Harry got his bearings he looked around at the unfamiliar shop. Studying the shelves and all the odds and ends piled upon them he realised that it was nowhere he had ever been before, it was weird. Harry was just trying to work out where he was when he heard a bell come from the back and spotted a middle aged man come out. He had brown hair and wore a brown leather jacket with jeans and white trainers.


“Sorry but we’re closing.” The man spoke up when he noticed someone was in his shop. Looking at the supposed customer he noticed that something was wrong. “Who are you? Need some help?” he said in what Harry thought was an American accent.


-oOoOoOo-


When Sirius saw Harry get whisked away he wondered what he should do. Molly was going hysterical. Sirius knew Ginny would be alright. Harry had gone after her and he knew he’d make sure Ginny was alright. The question was where were they? They could be anywhere. Sirius had never heard of a place called ‘Coughturn Alley’.


“What should we do?” Mrs. Weasley said, worry and fear pouring from her voice.


“Go to Diagon Alley.” Sirius replied having made up his mind.


“But Ginny!” Mrs. Weasley cried, her voice quivering.


“Harry can find her.” Sirius said calmly to Mrs Weasley to soothe her down. “If anyone can find her it’s him. And when Harry does he’ll probably take her to Diagon Alley, because that is where we were heading. Let’s just go to Diagon Alley and Harry will bring her to us. I have total faith in him.”


“But he’s only twelve.” Mrs. Weasley counted. “And Ginny is only eleven. They could be anywhere. I haven’t even heard of a place called ‘Coughturn Ally’.”


“Harry will find her.” Sirius insisted trying to reassure her. “Let’s just go to Diagon Alley otherwise Ginny and Harry will get there before us.” Mrs. Weasley still looked unsure. “Trust me. Harry and Ginny will be alright.”


Ten minutes later found the whole Weasley bunch in Diagon Alley. They walked along the cobble street towards Gringotts, all of them looking around trying to catch a glimpse of the two missing from their party. After one fast paced and bumpy ride the red headed clan decided to split up; much to Mrs. Weasley’s annoyance.


“But I already lost one child today; I don’t want to lose anymore. And where are they, shouldn’t they be here by now? I need to go look for her.” Mrs. Weasley wailed as the idea to split up was addressed. Tears were pouring down her cheeks now and it didn’t look like they were going to stop anytime soon. “I don’t know what I’d do if I lost my baby.”


“Now dear, Ginny isn’t a baby anymore.” Mr. Weasley said putting a comforting arm around his wife. “And she’s in safe hands. Harry will look after her. You know him. He cares for her more then he lets on. More than I think he even knows. Both you and I know that Harry won’t let anything bad happen to her.” Mrs. Weasley didn’t look convinced. Taking the lead Mr. Weasley looked to his children and addressed them. “We will all meet back up in Flourish and Blotts in an hour to buy your school books.”


As soon as the words were out of his mouth the Weasley children scattered. Each seeming to go off in a different direction and trying to get away before their parents changed their minds.


“Molly. I guarantee you that when you get there Ginny and Harry will be there too.” Sirius said, reassuring for what was felt like the fiftieth time before going off in his own direction.


“I just don’t want to lose her.” Mrs. Weasley sniffed as she turned to her husband. “She’s my only daughter.”


-oOoOoOo-


Harry looked at the man that had come out from the back of the store. “Err hey I'm kinda lost. Where am I?” he asked the man.


“Where are you?” repeated the man with the American accent. “Well the best place to buy your wizardry stuff in all of Orlando. Crofton Alley.”


“Orlando?” Harry asked drawing a blank. He didn’t know anywhere in Britain called Orlando.


“Yeah kid.” The man said. “You know, Orlando, the orange county. The sunshine state.”


“Huh?” Harry asked still drawing a blank.


“Florida!” The man said exasperated.


“Wait. You mean… I'm actually in America?” Harry asked him.


“You aren’t from around here are ya?” The man asked.


“No.” Harry replied. “I'm from England. I'm looking for someone. You haven’t seen a girl have you. Around eleven years old red hair?”


“Lost your girlfriend?” The man asked smiling.


“This is no joking matter mate!” Harry hissed out. “Have you seen her? She said the wrong thing in the floo network. I said the same sort of thing she did to come after her and I came out here.”


“Sorry kid. Haven’t seen her.” The man said thinking. “But you say that you’re from over on the other side of the Atlantic, right?” Harry nodded. “Well there are only two other places in Crofton Ally that have international floo network as well as this place. The pub and the post office. To get to the post office turn right out of the door, to get to the pub turn left. I suggest going to the pub first. It’s very late at night here and you don’t want to meet the type of crowd that hangs about that place after dark. If she’s there you’ll want to find her and quick. This alley ain’t a safe place at night.”


This caused Harry to panic slightly. “Thanks.” He said quickly and hurriedly headed towards the door.


“I’ll stay open a little bit longer so you and you friend can get back.” The shop keeper called after him.


“Don’t worry about it I have ways to get back on my own. Thanks for the help.” Harry quickly replied before turning left out of the door and towards the pub at a slight jog, looking out for a flash of red hair. He was starting to really panic as the shop keepers words reverberated in his head. Thinking that someone could be hurting her he picked up his pace until he was all out running, thoughts flying wildly through his head. He couldn’t lose her. Not now. Not after all he’d done since he came back. Not like this. Harry looked in the shop windows as he passed, looking for her and in between the alleyways but no such luck. Harry was starting to get more and more worried as the minutes ticked by. It was pitch black in the alley since it was only about 4am local time. He had been looking for almost half an hour and still no sign of Ginny. At the end of the alley Harry finally came to the pub the shopkeeper was talking about. One look at it made Harry never want to go in there. It was run down, the paint was pealing and it had the look of a place where you didn’t want to get near the shadows. He just hoped that if she had come out there that Ginny hadn’t had to ask for help. He doubted that anyone in a place like that would or could be helpful.


As Harry got nearer to the pub he saw a small group of men near the entrance. They all had a bottle of fire whisky in one hand and were dressed in muggle clothes. Harry watched as they chatted, laughing boisterously and pushing each other around. Suddenly one of them went over to a bin and kicked it over, spilling its contents onto the street, causing the group to laugh out loud as like some great joke had been told.


Harry looked at the entrance to the left of the group hoping against hope that Ginny hadn’t come out here. But it wasn’t to be. As Harry studied they doorway out came the petit red headed figure of Ginny, tears running down her cheeks. She looked absolutely terrified.


“Ah, has someone lost their Mummy?” Asked one of the men from the group as Ginny started to walk away from the pub, her arms folded around herself as if trying to create a shield. Seeing that a confrontation was on its way Harry upped his pace.


“You know it’s rude it ignore someone. Especially an elder.” Said another man as they started walking after her. Ginny was too scared of the men following her to notice that Harry was walking straight at her and was only a few meters away from her.


“Go away.” Ginny mumbled not looking at them but continuing to stare at the ground in front of herself.


“Why?” asked the man. He smiled wickedly at her and picked up his pace.


“Cause if you don’t I’ll make you.” Harry growled out. Ginny’s face shot up so fast that Harry thought she might get whiplash, her eyes scanned the alley in front of her and landed on Harry not but a few feet away. She burst into a run and threw herself around his neck pulling Harry into a fierce hug. Harry wrapped one arm around her and held her tight as he kept his wand at the ready in his other hand, prepared to protect them if he had to.


“Harry.” She breathed out, her body starting to shake from tears of relief. “I was so scared.”


“It’s alright Ginny.” Harry told her as he rubbed her back, never taking his eyes off the men in front of them. “Everything is going to be fine.”


“Ah look, she’s got herself a boyfriend.” The man mockingly sneered causing laughter to erupt from the rest of the group.


“Tell me… you got a girlfriend?” Harry asked the man politely.


“What’s it go to do with you boy.” He growled out obviously not liking that this kid dared inquire of such a thing.


“Cause if you ever want one I’d suggest you leave us alone.” Harry threatened the man as he raised his wand at him.


“You think I'm going to feel threatened by some measly kid?” the man asked laughing with his friends.


“Sorry I seem to have forgotten my manners and I have not introduced myself. My name is Harry… Harry Potter.” Harry said and enjoyed the effect those words had on the group. “I'm sure you’ve heard of me. I was the one to defeat Voldemort. I'm sure you Americans have heard of him, even if he didn’t affect you.”


“Err…well…. we might have heard of you.” The man said stalling.


“So let me ask again.” Harry said, a maniacal smile now crossing his face. He still had not let go of Ginny and his protective stance combined with the look was positively frightening. “Do you have a girlfriend?”


“What’s it to you?” The man growled out.


Harry smiled a little more and dropped his wand down to the man’s private area. “Because I'm sure if you do she won’t like you when I'm finished with you. And you might find it slightly difficult to find yourself a new one.”


“Well err… we’ll be off now.” The man said his fear finally cutting through his drunken haze. Turning his back on Harry and Ginny the man motioned to the rest of the group and they all moved away from them and retreated down the alley. Harry chuckled and quickly pulled Ginny away from the pub and into an abandoned alleyway.


“Ginny are you alright? Are you hurt?” Harry asked her quickly once they stopped walking. Ginny shook her head. “Are you sure?” Harry asked her again looking her up and down searching for any sign that she had been injured.


“I’m fine, just a little shaken up. Where are we?” Ginny asked him.


“America. In a place called Crofton alley.” Harry explained and he saw shock cross Ginny’s face. “Look we need to get to Diagon Alley okay. Your parents will be worried.”


“How?” Ginny asked.


“Simple.” Harry said gently to her and then called out for Estelle in his mind. Nothing happened. A little disconcerted, Harry called out a little louder the second time. There was a flash of fire and Harry’s blue and white phoenix appeared in front of him.


“What on earth are you two doing in America?” Estelle asked him.


“Mix up with the floo. Look we need to get to Diagon Alley. Can you help us?” Harry asked.


“Can I help you? Is that some kind of new insult? Of course I can help you. Just grab hold of my tail feathers. I’ll take you there in a sec.” Estelle testily told him.


“What did she say?” Ginny asked.


“Just keep hold of me tightly Ginny. Estelle is taking us to Diagon Alley.” Harry explained to her, while shooting Estelle a look that clearly said women. Ginny grabbed hold of Harry’s arm as he wrapped it once more around her waist. Harry, using his only other free hand, grabbed Estelle and she flamed them to Diagon Alley.


Harry had to wait a couple of seconds once they landed to get his bearings. Going from a place where it is dark to a place where it is bright and sunny all in a split second isn’t a pleasant experience.


Once Harry got his bearings he checked on Ginny to see if she was alright. After he made sure that Ginny was okay he started to cautiously walk out of the alleyway with Ginny in tow. He kept looking up and down the alley hoping that no one would see that two kids came out an alleyway that no one went into.


“Thank you Harry.” Ginny said as they successfully exited the alleyway without anyone noticing and started down Diagon Alley. “You know…for coming to find me. I'm not sure of what would have happened if you didn’t.


“Well it doesn’t matter now so don’t worry about it anymore. You’re okay and your mum is going to be so glad when she sees you. We’ve been gone an hour so they’re probably in the book store. I hear Gilderoy Lockhart is going to be there; so naturally that’s where your mum would be.” Harry explained. They turned left and headed over to Flourish and Blotts. By the time they got to the store there was a massive queue leading outside the door.


“Have you read all the stuff he’s done?” Ginny asked excitedly. It seemed that her earlier worries and fears had melted away at the sight of the queue. “He’s done so much it’s amazing. He’s awfully brave.”


“Someone got a crush?” Harry teased. He was glad that Ginny was happy and excited again. But if he was honest with himself he didn’t like that the cause of her delight was the Great Blond Fraud.


“Someone’s not jealous are they?” Ginny responded shutting Harry up. How was he supposed to respond to that. He couldn’t very well tell her the truth; he didn’t think she was ready for the truth. Once they got inside they were continually bumped and pushed. The shop it seemed was filled with witches and wizards, but mostly witches, way past its capacity. Harry thought that if one more person stepped into the building it was liable to explode. Not wanting to lose Ginny again, Harry grabbed hold of her hand tight and started to push his way through the crowd. Walking around another stack of Lockhart books Harry and Ginny spotted a line that had a mass of red. When Ginny saw her mum in line she immediately let go of Harry’s hand and rushed over to her. Mrs. Weasley didn’t know what had bumped into her this time until she felt the arms that had snaked around her waist and noticed the red hair. Looking down at the child clinging to her she suddenly realised it was Ginny.


“Oh my baby girl you’re alright.” Mrs. Weasley cried as she embraced her youngest and silent tears rushed down her face. “We were so worried.”


“I'm alright mum.” Ginny mumbled against her mother’s side. “Harry found me.”


“Harry, how can I ever thank you?” Mrs. Weasley said looking up at Harry.


“Ginny’s my best friend. I didn’t want to lose her either. I don’t need you to thank me.” Harry muttered but Mrs. Weasley said nothing of it. She already had her attention focused on making sure that Ginny was one hundred percent sound.


“Well she’s safe, that’s all that matters. Where was she anyway?” Mr. Weasley asked as Mrs. Weasley fussed over Ginny.


“A place called Crofton Alley.” Harry told them, eyeing them as he wondered if they knew where it was. ‘Hopefully,’ Harry thought ‘they won’t know where it is and be so happy that she back that they won’t ask.’ Just as the thought formed it was dashed to pieces.


“I’ve never heard of anywhere like that in Great Britain.” Sirius wondered aloud. “Where is it?” he asked them.


“I don’t know.” Ginny muttered.


“Harry?” Mr. Weasley asked.


“Erm.” Harry said nervously while shooting a look at his godfather. He just had to go and say didn’t he. “I think the person I asked said something about Orlando. But I'm not sure.” Harry rushed through his half truth and once again hoped that they didn’t know where that was and would leave it alone. He didn’t really want to face Molly if she found out where her daughter had really been.


“Orlando?” Mrs. Weasley asked confused.


“Hang on you mean Orlando, Florida?” Sirius said working it out. Harry winced.


“You mean my Ginny was in America?” Mrs. Weasley asked Harry. He could see the panic building in her; this was the last thing he wanted to happen. A panicked Mrs. Weasley was a loud Mrs. Weasley.


“She’s safe now. There’s nothing to worry about.” Harry reassured her. Before he could even finish what he was saying, Mrs. Weasley did a complete turn around and instead of yelling she began to tear up again as she pulled him into a hug.


“If you hadn’t found her…”


“It’s fine. I found her and it’s okay.” Harry’s voice was muffled as Mrs. Weasley squeezed him tighter to her.


“Oh I'm so glad you decided to walk into our garden when you were younger.” Mrs Weasley muttered. “You’re such a good friend to Ginny.”


“Thanks.” Harry muttered and he could feel a blush cross his face. Ginny just gave him a small smile and tried not to giggle at the sight of Harry blushing.


“Don’t mention it. But we need to be quiet now; we should be able to see him in a minute…” Mrs Weasley said trying to peer over the crowd. Following where Mrs. Weasley was looking Harry saw Lockhart come into view.


“Isn’t he so handsome?” Harry heard Ginny mutter.


“Oh please… not you too Ginny. He’s a fraud. A liar.” Harry told her and he couldn’t stop the vehemence in his voice. Ginny just put her hands on her hips and raised an eyebrow at him.


“You’re just jealous.” Ginny said smiling at him.


“Of Lockhart. Come on; give me someone worth being jealous about then yeah maybe, but him? He’s just an old fraud that takes credit for other people’s deeds.” Harry said gesturing wildly in Lockhart’s direction.


“How dare you say that!” Came the voice of Hermione from behind him. “He’s not a fraud, I bet you haven’t even read his books.”


“Book can be misleading!” Harry said turning around to see his bushy haired friend. “And it’s nice to see you too Hermione.”


Hermione waved away the greeting and went on at Harry for calling Lockhart a fraud. “What proof have you got that he’s a fraud? If you read his books and then you would see that he’s just really good at what he does.”


“Oh I didn’t say he wasn’t.” Harry agreed. “He is extremely good at what he does. Just what he does is what we are arguing over, Hermione. You believe the cock and bull stories he writes in his books. I know the truth. If what is written in the books are true then how do you explain the mix up of dates?”


“What ever do you mean, mix up of dates.” Mrs. Weasley interrupted. She had obviously overheard the conversation.


“I mean like when in ‘Break with a Banshee’ it states that he is in a cave for two weeks between the twenty second of June to the third of July, when at the same time in ‘Voyages with Vampires’ it states he’s in a small, run-down hotel for one and a half weeks in between the same dates.” Harry rattled off.


“It does not.” Hermione said opening up ‘Break with a Banshee’ and reading it. “So you’re right about break with a banshee but in Voyage with the… oh.” Hermione stopped talking when she read the paragraph Harry was talking about. “You’re right. Surely he wouldn’t be so stupid to mess up those dates.”


“He’s a fraud.” Harry said again. “I'm just confused as to why no one has worked it out yet.”


“We’ll I believe you.” Ginny said next to him. “You would never lie to me.” Harry winced slightly about that statement. He always hated it when she said that.


“Come on, let’s get out of here.” Mrs. Weasley said and she turned to leave the queue. Before they even had a chance to move a photographer moved in front of Ron blocking his way.


“Out of the way lad, out of the way. This is for the Daily Prophet.” The man with the camera said and proceeded to push Ron aside.


“Big deal.” Ron muttered righting himself and straightening out his jumper. Harry got nervous as he remembered what had happened after this the first time. Harry continued walking towards the door hoping that Lockhart wouldn’t notice him. Luck obviously wasn’t on his side today.


“It can’t be…is it really… Harry Potter?” he heard the voice of Lockhart say. Suddenly he felt a hand grab him by the scruff of his neck and pull him away from Ginny and the others. Once he had been deposited next to Lockhart he turned and started to walk away again. The photograph just pushed him back towards where he was and Lockhart draped an arm around Harry’s shoulder. “Nice big smile Harry, together me and you are worth the front page.” The photographer started to take pictures as Harry tried to wriggle out of Lockhart’s grasp.


“Well you could get onto the front page for kidnapping.” Growled a voice that Harry instantly recognised as Sirius’s. “Then you would be able to be on it on your own and you wouldn’t need Harry’s help to make the front page. Isn’t it a shame that you can’t make it on your own? Especially after everything you’ve done?”


“Kidnapping?” Lockhart mumbled looking at Sirius who had come back to find Harry.


“Yes, isn’t it strange. My godson and I were walking out of the store when all of a sudden he wasn’t by my side anymore. And low and behold when I turned around, I saw a photographer taking him against his will over to you. And I couldn’t really believe my eyes when the photographer let go and he tried walking away you grabbed hold of him not letting him go, holding him against his will. I think you’ll find that under the definition of kidnapping!” Sirius explained as though he were talking to a child.


Harry was trying so hard not to laugh as he saw the colour drain from Lockhart’s face. “Well who wouldn’t want to come here and be on the front page?” Harry couldn’t believe it; the man seriously believed that anyone would love to be in the spotlight, especially with him.


Harry slowly raised his hand. “Err, me!”


“Well Harry, why didn’t you say so!” Lockhart said. “Ladies and Gentlemen I formally apologise to young Harry here and to show that there is no ill will I am willing to give him my full works free of charge.” There was a round of applause and hushed ahhh’s and ‘Isn’t he so kind’ could be heard. “Ladies and Gentlemen.” Lockhart started up again once the crowed stopped clapping. “I feel that this is the best moment to announce my latest news. I have great pride and pleasure in announcing that this September I will be taking up the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! I hope that the students, like Harry here, can learn from my experiences.”


There was a massive round of applause when Lockhart finished, and with his last words Harry had Lockhart’s full works shoved into his arms, and he was released. Harry steadily walked over to where Ginny was standing and dropped the books into her new cauldron that Mrs. Weasley had bought for her whilst Harry was finding her. “You have them Gin. I’d rather buy my own. I hate getting stuff for free just because Voldemort managed to kill my parents and not me.” Harry knew if he used that excuse Ginny would accept them.


“Enjoy that did you Potter?” came the drawl of Draco from behind him. “Famous Harry Potter; can’t go into a book store without making the front page.


“Leave him alone. It’s not like he asked for that.” Ginny growled out.


“Ah it’s your girlfriend Potter.” Draco drawled. “I take it she definitely puts out then if you keep that around you. It’s the only reason that anyone would.”


“Why you…” Harry said walking towards Malfoy, planning on at least making him have to stay in St Mungo’s for about a week. However, Ron and Hermione both appeared in front of him blocking his path to the rat faced weasel.


“What’s going on?” Ron asked looking from an irate Harry to the stuck-up Malfoy. Upon noticing him Ron turned and faced Malfoy. “Oh, it’s you.”


“Well isn’t this strange… Weasleys in a shop. What did you parents have to do? Sell your house to pay for all these. No wait I don’t think your house would fetch that much.” Malfoy said looking smug; he obviously thought he had displayed great wit. Ron started to advance towards Malfoy, his hands clutched in fists when Mr. Weasley walked over to them. For the second time in as many minutes Malfoy had survived only due to an interruption.


“Ron!” Mr. Weasley called out and Harry saw Fred and George walking after him. “Why are you still in here? It’s mad in here, come on let’s go outside.”


“Well, well, well, Arthur Weasley.” came the drawl of Lucius Malfoy who had just appeared out of the crowd and came to stand next to his son..


“Lucius.” Mr. Weasley replied politely but coldly.


“Busy time at the ministry I hear. All those raids. I do hope they are paying you overtime.” He said as he picked up Ginny’s copy of ‘A Beginners guide to transfiguration.’
“Obviously not. What’s the point of being a disgrace to the wizarding world when they don’t even pay you well for it?”


“We have a completely different idea on what disgraces the name of wizard Malfoy.” Mr. Weasley responded, by the sound of his voice it seemed that he was struggling to stay calm.


“Clearly”. Mr. Malfoy said as he looked over to Hermione’s parents. “Associating with muggles. And here I thought you could sink no lower.” Harry watched as Mr. Weasley threw himself at Mr. Malfoy, knocking bookshelves and all over. They were at it for a couple of minutes each landing a punch every once in a while until Harry saw Hagrid striding over towards them to break the fight up. Mr. Malfoy was holding Ginny’s transfiguration book again, having picked it up from where he dropped it. But this time Harry noticed the diary tucked within its pages as well. Harry grew cold as he watched Lucius put it and the transfiguration book back into Ginny’s cauldron.


“Here girl take your book. It’s the best your father can give you.” Lucius said as he was shoving the book into the cauldron. The look of pure loathing on Lucius’ face made Harry lose control.


“It’s a lot better than what you could give her.” Harry said to him causing everyone to look between him and Mr. Malfoy with wide eyes.


“Mr. Potter. I almost forgot you were here.” Lucius said addressing Harry for the first time. “And I could give my family much more than that pathetic man ever could.”


“He ain’t pathetic.” Harry growled out. “None of the Weasleys are. They’re a much better family then you will ever be.”


“You know the Potter name used to mean something.” Lucius drawled. “It used to have meaning, before that father of yours married your mudblood mother.”


That was it, any restraint he may have had snapped and Harry saw red. He whipped out his wand, pointing it at Mr. Malfoy before anyone could stop him. Harry just laughed as Lucius tried to hide his surprise at Harry’s speed. “Think you could take me do you Potter. I suggest you don’t even try before one of us ends up in hospital.”


“Yes. That’s the plan.” Harry replied a cocky grin pasted on his face. “And I ain’t planning on it being me.”


“You’re out of your league Potter.” Lucius hissed at him.


“At least I have a league.” Harry responded. “Unlike you who is a loyal Death Eater and would kiss the robes of that half blood wizard you call Voldemort. The only reason that you’re not in Azkaban is that you managed to give members of the Wizengamot back handed payments.”


“Prove it.” Mr. Malfoy again hissed. He watched as Harry didn’t say anything. Figuring that Harry had nothing on him Mr. Malfoy huffed then turned and left the store with Draco following in his wake.


“What the hell was that?” Hermione said addressing Harry.


“That was cool!” Fred and George said together.


“Yeh should’ve ignored him. Both you and Arthur.” Hagrid said. He had entered the shop in the middle of the confrontation between Mr. Weasley and Mr. Malfoy. “That family is rotten to the core. The whole family, there’s not one that ain’t. Everyone knows that. No Malfoy’s worth listening ter, bad blood, that’s what it is. Come on now, let’s get outta here.”


“We need to go to Ollivander’s to get Ginny’s wand.” Harry reminded them as they left the shop. Mrs. Weasley eyed him closely before sighing.


“Very well, come on.” Mrs. Weasley muttered and headed over to the wand shop. It was obvious she didn’t approve of what had just happened but she wasn’t going to punish Ginny for it.


When they reached the shop only Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Harry and Ginny went in. Sirius stayed outside with Ginny’s brothers. Only Mrs. Weasley was under the illusion that this would keep everyone out of trouble.


“Ah, what a pleasant surprise.” Came the voice of Mr. Ollivander, causing them all to jump. “I wasn’t expecting to see you in here. But not to worry not to worry. Mr. Potter it is nice to se you again…Holly and Phoenix feather, eleven inches, nice and supple I believe. How is it treating you?”


“Very good sir.” Harry replied nodding to him.


“And Mr. and Mrs. Weasley wonderful to see you. Dragon Heartstring and Willow and Unicorn Hair and Vine Wood I believe. How are your wands doing… still treating you well I hope?” he asked them.


“It does just fine.” Mrs. Weasley said.


“Got no problems.” Mr. Weasley shrugged.


“Ah yes and now one Ginevra Weasley.” Mr. Ollivander said turning and addressing Ginny.


“The name is Ginny!” she growled out as the tape measure on the counter went to work measuring every inch of her body.


“Ginny!” Mrs. Weasley exclaimed shocked at her daughter’s rudeness.


“Now, now, Mrs. Weasley she has every right to correct me. If she wishes to be called Ginny well, then that is okay.” Mr. Ollivander said waving off Molly’s approaching tirade and walked towards the shelves of wands. He picked one out and returned handing it to Ginny. Once Ginny grasped the wand the measuring tape fell to the floor . Ginny looked confused at it; she never even saw Mr. Ollivander check it.


“The measuring tape is just for show Ginny.” Harry told her when he noticed that Ginny was looking confused at the measuring tape lying on the floor.


“Quite right Mr. Potter.” Mr. Ollivander said coming back out from the shelves with a second wand. Yanking the one she had in her hand away and muttering about being not right he gave her the second one. Ginny waved it but again nothing happened. Mr. Ollivander took it back from her and went to find another wand. Yet again the wand didn’t react to Ginny. This pattern continued for an hour; wand after wand Ginny tried but none were reacting to her. Harry could tell Ginny was getting more and more upset as each wand failed to react to her.


By the time they were there for an hour and a half there was only 4 wands left to try and Ginny really was upset. Although she was trying it hide it Harry could tell she was on the brink of tears. The first two wands, of the last four, didn’t react to her either and Harry had a feeling neither would the other two. Leaving the shop saying that he needed some fresh air he walked out of the door and along the street until he came to the abandoned alleyway they were in earlier.


“Estelle.” He called out. In a flash of fire his phoenix was hovering in front of him.


“I was just dosing back to sleep you know Harry.” She said quite irritated. “So this better be important… Ginny hasn’t gone and got her self lost again has she?” she suddenly asked concerned.


“No, no.” Harry said.


“Then make it snappy. There is a perch next to the fire I want to get back to.” Estelle replied.


“It’s the middle of August!” Was Harry’s shocked reply. Estelle just gave him a look clearly trying to convey her annoyance. “Okay, okay, I was wandering if I could have a tail feather.”


“Well… what ever I was expecting it most certainly wasn’t that.” Estelle said surprised. “I'm not sure. Us phoenixes don’t just give them away. What do you want it for anyhow?”


“You know how I'm buying Ginny a wand?” Harry asked her and she nodded. “We’ll no wand that Ollivander has is working for her. Now you’re bonded to me… that also means you’re bonded to Ginny too correct?”


“Yes I was wondering if you would work that out soon. But yes, I'm bonded to Ginny too. I haven’t had enough time with her to establish the mind connection you and I have, but there is a bond there.” Estelle said nodding.


“Do you think because you’re bonded to Ginny that maybe one of your tail feathers in a wand might react to her?” Harry asked her. “Because no other wand in Ollivander’s is working.”


“Oh I see now. Of course we can give it a try. When I go I’ll leave a feather behind for you is that okay?” Estelle asked Harry.


“Thank you Estelle.” Harry said deeply relived. “If Ginny doesn’t get a wand today then she’ll never live it down.” Estelle nodded before flaming away. Once the fire disappeared Harry saw a feather floating down to the ground. He snatched it out of the air and rushed back to Ollivander’s.


Harry walked in just in time to see Ginny give the last wand a try and yet again nothing came out of it. “I'm sorry but that is the last wand I have.” He heard Ollivander say. Harry rushed over to him cutting off any reply that might have come. He made sure his back was to the Weasleys so they couldn’t see what he was doing.


“Sir I’ve got a phoenix feather here. Could you make a wand out of it to try for Ginny?” Harry whispered to him so no one else could hear.


“Where did you get it?” Mr. Ollivander asked amazed as he studied the feather.


“Does it matter?” Harry asked him.


“Oh well… no, no” Mr. Ollivander replied. “Which wood would I use though?”


“I’d give holly a try, eleven inches.” Harry said hoping his hunch was correct. Ollivander eyed him curiously before nodding his head.


“I’ll be back in about fifteen minutes.” Mr. Ollivander said aloud so that the Weasleys could hear him. “If you just wish to wait here and I’ll be back with a wand for Ginny.”


“No, no.” Mrs. Weasley said before Ollivander could leave. “We’ve imposed enough. There’s her grandmother’s wand that Ginny can use.”


“No, no, no.” Mr. Ollivander said outraged. “The wand chooses the wizard or witch as the case may be. Ginny would find it very hard to get good results with that wand. It’s not the right wand for her; if you’ll sit patiently I WILL be back with a wand for Ginny.” With that Ollivander went out the back.


“What did you say to him?” Mr. Weasley asked Harry as they sat patiently.


“I just gave him an idea is all.” Harry replied shrugging his shoulders and all of them looked at him curiously. Twenty five minutes later Mr. Ollivander came out with a wand that looked almost exactly like Harry’s. The only difference was that this one was brown rather than blackish in colour.


“Sorry, it took so much longer than expected, I needed to figure out a few things.” Mr. Ollivander said as he walked towards Ginny. “Just give it a wave then.” Mr. Ollivander said as Ginny took hold of the wand. She waved it casually not expecting anything to happen. Ginny was quite shocked and practically jumped when red and gold sparks shot out of her wand.


“Oh bravo. Finally. A wand for Miss. Weasley. That’s very curious but nonetheless.” Mr. Ollivander said as he wrapped it up. Ginny just smiled at him nervously, she almost looked like she was going into shock. When he handed the wand back to Ginny he whispered to her. “You’ve got a good friend in that Harry Potter. Don’t let him go okay.” Then without saying another word he accepted the money from Harry for the wand and walked to the back of the store.


“Such a strange man.” Mrs. Weasley said as she picked up her bags form all the shopping she had done.


“I think that’s rather an obvious statement don’t you.” Mr. Weasley chuckled and opened the door so they could leave. The four of them started towards the Leaky Cauldron hoping that everyone would still be there.


Harry slowed down a little bit so that he was walking with Ginny alone and no one could hear them.


“Estelle will want to hear that you’re looking after that wand okay.” Harry told her quietly as they walked towards the Leaky Cauldron.


“Estelle?” Ginny asked confused.


“What did you think I was talking to Mr. Ollivander about Ginny?” Harry half asked. “I was giving him a tail feather I got from Estelle when I went outside of the store. The tail feather that is in your wand Ginny, comes from Estelle.”


“Comes from your Phoenix?” Ginny said in awe.


“Yes so look after it okay. That’s the only tail feather she has ever given.” Harry said smiling at her.


“And she did that for me?” Ginny asked again. “Why?”


“Because she likes you, silly.” Harry said as they entered the Leaky Cauldron. They moved towards the fire place where the rest of the Weasleys and Sirius were waiting for them. Ginny eyed the fire place with worry, obviously now scared due to what happened earlier.


“Ginny as long as you speak loud and clear it’s going to be fine.” Harry said to her.


“I ain’t scarred, I’ll show you.” Ginny said indignantly. “But I’ll let someone else go first.” She hastily added causing the others to laugh and her to smile.


Once they were back at The Burrow Harry helped Ginny take her packages and her cauldron upstairs to her room. Harry had just put it down next to the bed when he saw the diary of Tom Riddle for the second time that day. It was now innocently residing at the bottom of her cauldron. After pausing for a moment he straightened up and headed towards the door.


“Thank you Harry.” Ginny said as she came through the door. “And thank Estelle for me. If it weren’t for her I wouldn’t have this wand.”


“Thank her yourself.” Harry replied and yet again called Estelle.


“WHAT!” Estelle screamed in his head once she had flamed into the room.


“Ow, Estelle, think you could yell louder.” Harry said out loud so Ginny could hear what they were talking about. “I just called you because Ginny wanted to say thank you.” Estelle looked at Ginny and then flew over to her and landed on Ginny’s shoulder. She proceeded to rub her head affectionately against Ginny and let out a contended hum. “She likes you a lot I see. I just might have competition from you for my own phoenix, Ginny.” She chuckled at that and Estelle sang out in reply.


“What did she say?” Ginny asked.


“She much prefers to have you as her owner rather than me.” Harry chuckled out. “I can see when I'm not wanted. I’ll just leave you two girls alone. See ya Ginny.”


“Thanks Harry. For everything, and thanks for coming to get me in America.” Ginny said blushing slightly.


Harry just smiled. “Anytime.” With that he left Ginny’s room and headed downstairs, leaving the diary in Ginny’s cauldron…



A/N: Hey guys next chapter for you. And it’s another Big one. Don’t flame me for Harry’s decision. Trust in me to the fact that I know what I'm doing. Please.

Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear