Search:

SIYE Time:12:11 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 396285; Chapter Total: 8508
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:


C-A:N: Sorry it has taken so long to get this out but sometimes life happens, ya know. Well I’m back and the chapters should be coming regularly again. So hope you like it.

A:N: if people didn’t know C-A:N means co authors notice, which is heather. Like she said were back and the chapters should be coming regally now. I think I’m like four chapters ahead of you so its just you need to wait for the chapters to go through the beta stages. And with heather back now that shouldn’t take too long. Hope you enjoyed and once again were sorry for the wait.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Disclaimer: I Do Not Own Harry Potter


Just before the first rays of the sun were up an over enthusiastic quidditch captain roughly shook Harry awake. It was Saturday morning technically although Harry wondered if you could really deem it morning since even the sun had not seen fit to wake yet. Harry did not know what it was with early mornings and Wood booking quidditch practice, then again he really did not care. All he wanted to do was stay in bed.


“You better have a bloody good excuse of waking me up, Wood.” Harry growled out as he tried to burry his face in his pillow. “And saying quidditch practice does not count as one.”


“It’s part of our new training program.” Wood responded, his voice sounding way too much awake for this time in the morning.


“Why do we need a new training program? Wasn’t last year’s good enough?” Harry moaned out.


“True, but the others will now try twice as hard to beat us. This means we need to double our efforts to make sure we are the better team.” Wood explained, he was practically bouncing on the balls of his feet in excitement. “Now get up and I’ll meet you in the changing rooms.”


“Wait, you mean we’re not even allowed breakfast first?” Harry asked incredulously while lifting his head to look at Wood.


“You’ll have time for that later.” Wood told him before leaving the room. Harry was glad that he did otherwise he would have probably hexed him, wand or no wand. Slowly, Harry got up and changed into his quidditch robes trying not to disturbed his room mates any more than they had been already, and headed down to the quidditch pitch.


Once he got to the pitch, he entered the changing rooms to see that everyone else was already there. “What took you so long Harry?” Wood asked him as he settled down next to Angelina.


“I would shut up while you’re ahead Wood.” Harry growled back. “Or has everyone forgotten that I can now do magic. You have me down here so start bloody talking. Or else I’m going back up to the castle to bed.”


“Fine.” Wood said before going over to the board to reveal diagram upon diagram of new moves. He even had a rehearsed speech to go with it. Board after board came and went but still Wood did not look like he was going to stop anytime soon. Finally, after three hours of continuous talking about the new tactics, Wood finished. “Is that clear to everyone? Any questions?”


“Yeah, a few. Only one that needs to be answered now though…” Harry said.


“And what may that be?” Wood asked him.


“Why couldn’t you have told us this when we were awake?” Fred answered


“What he said.” Harry muttered, agreeing with Fred.


“Now listen here. Just because we won the cup last year, does not mean we can slack off. We need to train harder than before to make sure we stay the best team. Do you guys want the cup to go to another house?” Wood shouted whilst glaring at them. No one spoke. “I’ll take that as a no. Now let’s go.” He grabbed his broom and marched out of the changing rooms, the rest of the Gryffindor team reluctantly followed him.


Harry walked out onto the pitch to see Ron, Hermione and Neville sitting in the stands. Frowning he noticed that there was no Ginny.


“You nearly finished yet?” Ron shouted out with a bit of toast still in his mouth.


“Ronald manners!” Hermione scolded him causing Ron to roll his eyes.


“Haven’t even started yet.” Harry shouted out. “Where is Ginny?”


“She was in bed when we came down.” Neville shouted back.


“She looked really tired still so I thought you wouldn’t mind her sleeping in.” Hermione shouted.


“Of course not.” Harry replied.


“Harry, stop yapping and get up in the air!” Wood shouted to him.


“Sir, yes sir!” Harry shouted to Wood and then he mounted his broom.


“Stop with the sarcastic remarks will you!” Wood shouted at him.


Harry decided not to respond to that and kicked off from the ground. With the wind soaring around his face, he flew high up into the air. Higher and higher he went. He kept going until he was as high as the clouds and the Quidditch pitch looked like a tiny spot. He then flipped his broom over and started to descend. Picking up speed as he went, Harry dove down to the ground. The stadium was coming towards him very fast and Harry concentrated hard. He could hear screams that were no doubt coming from Hermione. Just as he was about to hit the ground he straightened out and shot along the pitch only about an inch away from the grass.


“What the hell do you think you are doing Potter!?” Wood’s voice carried over to him once he had slowed down. Harry looked to see everyone rushing over to him. “What kind of stunt do you think you are playing at? You could have been seriously hurt.”


“Come on Wood, that was fun.” Harry replied grinning ear to ear. “At least I didn’t do my free fall special.”


“What’s your free fall special?” Hermione asked him. By the tone of her voice, you could tell that she wasn’t sure that she wanted to know.


“Oh that is where I jump off the broom and hold on with it in one hand letting me just free fall down to the ground. Then I jump back on the broom just before I hit the ground. And I don’t think I’ll mention my other one.”


“What other one?” Neville asked.


“That one’s where I let go of the broom completely.” Harry said shrugging.


“Are you mad?” Angelina asked.


“You want me to answer that?” Harry responded.


“You’re going to get yourself killed doing that!” Katie replied in exasperation. Looking around Harry could see that all the girl’s faces were white while the boys seamed to be stuck between thinking it was cool or crazy. All accept the twins of course who were looking at Harry like he was a god.


“I haven’t done so yet.” Harry told her while shrugging.


“Ginny is going to blow her top when she learns you did this. You know that right.” Ron told him.


“Well she’s not going to know.” Harry said while giving everyone an expectant look. “Is she?” he added nervously.


“You think I’m going to bloody well tell her.” Ron said. “I saw the bat bogey hex. I do not want to end up in the hospital. She wasn’t even mad when she did it to Malfoy.”


“Who’s Ginny?” Wood asked.


“Harry’s best friend.” Ron said. “She’s my sister. And she has one hell of a temper.”


“She’s bloody scary when you get her mad.” Fred said nodding along with his twin.


“Yes, and she has feelings for Harry. Therefore, when she learns Harry endangered his life, she’s not going to be happy.” George said.


“Come on guys, you’re overacting.” Harry said. “Ginny’s not that bad.”


“So you’re going to tell her?” Fred asked looking strait at Harry with that I dare you look.


“What?” Harry said shocked. “Hell no! I’m not that dumb. She definitely has one hell of a temper, and I have a policy of trying not to get her mad. I would like to live to see adulthood.” All of the Weasley boys were now giving Harry the ‘I told you so’ look while trying to hold in their laughter. But before any of them could say anything, they were interrupted.


“You two sound like a lovely couple.” Alicia said while flashing Harry a wide smile.


“Couple!” Harry said shocked. “We’re not going out. We’re best friends.”


“We’ll whatever you two are; she’s definitely not going to like this.” Hermione said.


“Like what?” the voice of Ginny came to Harry’s ears.


“Nothing!” Harry said quickly.


“Right, you said that a little too quickly Harry. Why are you down here and not flying?” Ginny asked coming into view.


“Ginny, ever heard of Harry’s free fall special?” Neville asked while completely either ignoring or not noticing the warning look on Harry’s face.


Harry winced. “You DID NOT do that did you!?” Ginny said rounding on Harry.


“No I didn’t.” Harry said shaking his head vigorously. The twins could be heard in the background sniggering at the look of fear on Harry’s face.


“Then what’s the fuss.” Ginny asked confused.


“I kind of did my dive instead.” Harry mumbled.


“The one were you dive from over four hundred feet up in the air?” Ginny asked with raised eyebrows.


“Yup.” Harry said gulping.


“Did you get hurt?” Ginny asked now narrowing her gaze on him.


“Of course not Ginny, when have you known me to get hurt by that?” Harry asked her. Anyone that had been paying attention could have picked out the nervousness in his voice.


“Good it means me hurting you now will be more rewarding for me.” Ginny said sweetly.


“Can you harm him after practice?” Wood asked her. “It’s just we got plays we need to do. Do not worry; your boyfriend will be back in one piece so you can break him then.”


“He isn’t my boyfriend.” Ginny pointed out. “Which he should be glad about because if he was…”


“Point taken.” Harry said quickly. “No more specials.”


“Good doggy.” Ginny said.


“Watch it.” Harry threatened playfully which caused Ginny to smile sweetly.


“I don’t believe it!” Wood interrupted them.


“Yes, Harry Potter beaten by a girl. Quite fun.” Ginny said mocking Harry.


“Not that. Slytherins” Wood said and they all turned to look to see the Slytherin team marching out onto the pitch. “I booked the pitch for today! We will see about this. FLINT!” Wood bellowed out the last word. “We booked this pitch so you can clear off.”


“So nice to see you too. And we’re not going anywhere. We have permission to use the pitch today.” Flint said getting a piece of paper out of his pocket. “I, Professor S. Snape, give the Slytherin team permission to practice today on the Quidditch pitch owing to the need to train their new seeker.”


“You have a new seeker?” Wood asked. “Where?”


Draco Malfoy then moved into view, a smug smile on his face. “Malfoy.” Harry said greeting him.


“Alright Potter.” Malfoy said and then he looked at Ginny. “And we meet again Miss Weasley.”


“Stay away from her.” Harry growled out.


“And what you going to do about it Potter?” Malfoy sneered. “You’re all threats and no action. You do not scare me, not any more.”


“You should be.” Harry said.


“It’s quiet poetic isn’t it. You trying to save the damsel in distress.” Malfoy sneered.


“I’m not any damsel.” Ginny growled out.


“And so she speaks.” Malfoy said “You like being protected by your pathetic boyfriend?”


“Why does everyone think Harry’s my boyfriend?” Ginny asked frustrated.


“Cause you make such a cute couple.” Malfoy drawled.


“Glad you think so but I suggest you clear off now so we can practice.” Harry said.


“We’re not going anywhere, we have permission.” Flint said.


“And we booked it.” Wood countered.


“How about a race?” Harry said suddenly. “Seeker versus Seeker. First seeker to catch the snitch, their team gets to practice. How about it, Flint, Malfoy, Wood?”


“You think you can beat me when I’m on this.” Draco said holding out his new Nimbus Two-Thousand and One.


“It’s not about the broom, it’s about the rider.” Ron said.


“Yes well, you lot would think that.” Malfoy said. “It’s a shame the Gryffindor team can only afford Cleansweep Fives., a museum might bid for them though. You can get Cleansweep sixes then.”


“At least no one had to buy their way into the team. They got in on pure talent.” Hermione said.


“No one asked for your opinion you filthy little mudblood.” Malfoy spat at her.


Harry, already knowing what was going to happen, had his wand tip pointing at Malfoy as soon as he finished that sentence. However, he was not expecting Ron to curse Malfoy right away. A jet of green light came from the red haired boy’s wand and hit Malfoy squarely in the chest, causing him to fall over backwards.


Malfoy had a look of fury on his face and opened his mouth to retort but words did not come out. Instead, he belched and a couple of slugs came out of his mouth. The whole Gryffindor team burst out laughing.


“As your seeker is in no fit order to fly at the moment, I suggest you get your team off the pitch so we can practice.” Harry said.


“You’ll pay for this.” Flint roared out.


“I didn’t do anything.” Harry said smiling, watching the Slytherin team leave the pitch. Once they left Wood called for quiet.


“We still need to do our practice.” Wood announced. “Everyone up in the air.”


-oOoOoOo-


It was at least three hours later when Harry walked out of the changing rooms to meet the others.


“What are we up to now?” Harry asked.


“Well there’s an essay for Flitwick we need to write and I’m sure Ginny has some homework to do.” Hermione started ticking her points off on her hand.


“We are not doing homework.” Ron said. “It’s the weekend.”


“Ronald honestly, you take that attitude and you’ll fail your classes.” Hermione scolded him.


“Its sunny and a Saturday morning.” Neville told her. “Why would we want to do homework now?”


“Plus you’re wrong I don’t have any to do.” Ginny said grinning. “I did it all last night.”


“Wish the boys followed our example.” Hermione said.


“Yes because Wild-Fire here is such an honest student that never breaks the rules.” Harry said smirking.


“When is your next prank?” Ron asked.


“Haven’t got a clue.” Harry responded.


“We should do it soon.” Ginny said “I’m getting bored.”


“Classes boring you already?” Harry asked. “What happened to the excited girl on the first of September who could not wait to come?”


“But they’re so easy.” Ginny muttered.


“Easy!?” Harry said.


“Yeah.” Ginny responded. “I managed to get the match into a needle in the first lesson.”


“Took Harry ages to do that.” Neville said. “Actually, did you manage to do that?”


“Come to think about I don’t think I did.” Harry said thinking. “I can do it now though, otherwise I wouldn’t have passed the exam.”


“This is what confuses me.” Ginny said. “You could do magic, I mean you did magic in Romania when you came out to see me.”


“He did?” Ron, Neville, and Hermione said together.


“I did?” Harry asked, confused.


“I was cold so you did a warming charm on my jacket.” Ginny said. “Remember.”


“No…” Harry lied. Truthfully he did.


“Ginny that type of spell is a fourth grade spell. Sorry to Harry, but he wouldn’t have managed to do that spell.” Hermione said.


“But he did. You did.” Ginny said the last sentence looking at Harry.


“Err, maybe it was in a dream. You know a dream you had of Harry.” Ron said quietly.


“It wasn’t a dream, surely you remember Harry.” Ginny said looking at him.


He hated doing this. Nevertheless, it had to be done or people would get suspicious of him and he couldn’t afford that to happen. “Sorry Ginny, I don’t.” Harry said quietly.


“You did though, when we were looking around the dragon pens. I said I was cold so you took my jacket off and did a warming charm on it.” Ginny said quickly, now confused.


“Ginny leave it. It was obviously a dream.” Ron said. “Next time you will say he kissed you.”


“On the cheek he did.” Ginny mumbled.


“Then it was obviously a dream then.” Ron said. “I mean, why would Harry kiss you?”


Ginny took a quick look at Harry and he saw that she had tears in her eyes. She turned to bolt but Harry had enough. He might have to lie about the magic but that he was not going to lie about.


“It was a quick peck on the cheek.” Harry said, causing Ginny and the rest to look shocked at him. “She gave me a picture of The Burrow with the writing ‘Your home away from home’ on it. You, your brothers, and your parents were outside it waving. I think of you lot as my family and its nice to know that The Burrow is my home too…as well as Potter Manor. It meant so much to me. I thought about what would mean a lot to Ginny. And then I thought that a kiss would so I gave her a little peck on the cheek.”


Ginny, who a couple of seconds ago looked like she was going to cry, now could be seen smiling with joy.


“You kissed my sister?” Ron asked with a small look of disgust.


“On the cheek as a Christmas present.” Harry replied.


“Okay… right.” Ron said. “But the spell?”


“Didn’t happen.” Harry said. He didn’t really like the look Hermione was giving him now.


“So moving on, we are not doing homework.” Neville said deciding to change the subject.


“Why don’t we visit Hagrid?” Harry said shrugging. “We haven’t done that in ages.”


Agreeing with Harry they all walked away from the pitch and to Hagrid’s hut. Just as they reached the door, it opened to reveal Professor Lockhart coming out of it. Grabbing Ginny, Harry ducked under a bush so they could not be seen.


“My, my Mr. Potter. If you wanted a little rendezvous in the bushes all you had to do was ask.” Ginny whispered out.


“Shut it you.” Harry whispered back.


“Ah Mr. Weasley, Mr. Longbottom, Ms Granger.” Lockhart said greeting them. “You seem to be one short. Where is Mr. Potter?”


“Err… we don’t know.” Neville said looking around. “We really don’t know.”


“Well if you see him tell him I’m looking for him.” With that, Lockhart disappeared up to the castle. Once it was clear, Harry and Ginny came out of the bushes.


“What were you two doing in there?” Ron asked suspiciously. He still couldn’t get the thought that Harry had kissed his sister willingly, whether it was only on the cheek or not.


“Wouldn’t you like to know?” Ginny said sweetly.


“WHAT! POTTER,” Ron bellowed. “WERE YOU DOING WITH MY SISTER!?”


“Hiding.” Harry said backing away. “I swear.” Ginny could not help but laugh loudly.


“Ginny?” Ron said turning to her.


“Who would have thought that Harry could kiss like that!” Ginny said before sighing.


“I swear we didn’t do anything!” Harry said backing hurriedly away from Ron. He did not want to be the one belching slugs. “Ginny!” Harry cried as he tripped and fell down.


“You should have thought of this before trying to woo oh so sweet innocent me.” Ginny said batting her eyelashes.


Ron stopped in his tracks, wand still pointing at Harry and turned to look at Ginny with a thoughtful look on his face. After a couple of seconds, he dropped his wand and went to help Harry up. Harry was, needles to say, very confused. So was Ginny.


“Why aren’t you cursing him?” Ginny asked.


“You nearly had me Ginny.” Ron said now smiling. “But you made one slip up.”


“What are you talking about?” Ginny demanded.


“You called yourself innocent.” Ron said. “You are a lot of things…”


“Yeah, skiving little rat bag comes to mind at the moment.” Harry added in and Ginny pouted, pretending to be hurt.


“…But there is one thing you are not.” Ron continued. “You are most definitely not innocent.”


Ginny looked at Harry. “You do know I wasn’t actually going to let him curse you right Harry? I wasn’t going to let him get that far. Besides, this was payback anyhow.”


“For what!?” Harry demanded.


“For the train.” Ginny said simply and Harry’s memory flashed back to when he had lied to Hermione about the spell to stop your teeth rotting and then redirected Hermione’s attention to Ginny so that Hermione bombarded her with questions.


“Damn it.” Harry muttered.


“What happened on the train?” Neville asked confused.


“Never mind.” Ginny said. “Harry knows and that’s all that matters. You should know by now Harry that you could never get one over on me. Not without payback at least.”


Harry just shrugged. “Worth a shot really, don’t you think?”


“True. It meant I could do this and I can’t deny that this wasn’t fun.” Ginny said grinning from ear to ear.


“Glad I’m the object of your enjoyment.” Harry replied while rolling his eyes.


“Yes, in every possible way!” Ginny said.


“We do not need to know about your romantic dreams of Harry, Ginny. Leave that for when I’m not around at least.” Ron said.


“That’s not what I meant.” Ginny muttered blushing slightly.


“I know.” Ron said. “You think you’re the only one that can get pay back.”


“Ron you are so….” Ginny started. But what he was the others did not find out because at that precise moment Hagrid flung his door open.


“Well, look ’oo it is.” Hagrid’s voice boomed. “’Bin wonderin’ when you lot would come ter see meh!”


“It hasn’t been that long Hagrid.” Harry said as they walked into his hut.


“Wel’ yer ’ere now so no point talkin’ ’bout tha’.” Hagrid said and then he noticed Ginny sitting next to Harry.


“Now you mus’ be the famous Ginny.” Hagrid said while his beard twitched in what Harry was sure was a smile forming.


“Err famous?” Ginny asked confused.


“Well ’arry didn’ talk about ye much.” Hagrid said. “But when ’e did ye could tell ’e thought about ye a lot.”


“Hagrid!” Harry said annoyed and Ginny blushed a little.


“Yeh well, what’ve ye lot been up te then? ’ow’s yer classes?” Hagrid asked them.


“Good. Harry is actually doing magic now.” Hermione said.


“Gee thanks Hermione.” Harry said in mock indignance. “You don’t have to sound too surprised about it.”


“I didn’t mean it like that.” Hermione said huffing and folding her arms.


“What did Professor Lockhart want Hagrid?” Neville asked changing the subject.


“Tellin’ me ’ow ta get kelpies out o’ the well.” Hagrid huffed out. “Like I don’ a’ready know. I’va ’ad this job fer 50 years if you coun’ the time I was apprentice to the prev’us gamekeeper.”


“You think he’s a git too then?” Harry asked him.


“If ’e’s dun ’alf of those things ’e said in ’is books I’ll eat ma kettle.” Hagrid said.


“Well, glad there’s someone else around here who think he’s a fake.” Harry said trying hard not to look at anyone in particular, especially Hermione.


“I just think you’re being a little too hard on him, that’s all.” Hermione raised to the not so subtle jab.


“You agreed after the pixie fiasco!” Harry reminded her.


“Well it was his first day.” Hermione back-pedalled uncertainly. “Maybe we could give him a chance. And Professor Dumbledore obviously believes him because he gave him the job.”


“Tha’ was ’cause ’e was the only man fer the job.” Hagrid said with an audible scoff. “An’ I mean the only one. Without ’im yer wouldn’t ’ave defense against the dark art lessons.”


“They’re not really lessons now.” Ginny muttered.


“So I see.” Hagrid said nodding. “So wha’ made yeh ’cide to come make a visit?”


“Other than that Ginny hadn’t met you. Ron cursed Malfoy.” Harry said in a manner that made it sound like it happened every day. And in Harry’s mind if you counted the threat of a curse it happened every hour.


“Yeah, he was belching up slugs and everything.” Ginny said gleefully with a mischievous gleam in her eye. “Ron is going to teach me it when we get back up to the castle.”


“I am?” Ron asked perplexed.


“Yes. You are.” Ginny said forcefully. “That curse could be useful for later on in life.”


“Like when?” Ron asked.


“Like when some oh dear brothers of mine annoy me.” Ginny said smiling back at her confused brother.


“Your bat bogey hex not good enough now, Gin?” Harry asked smiling.


“I like variety.” Ginny simply replied, causing the others to laugh out.


“Well I’m not sur’ if cursin’ Malfoy was a good idea.” Hagrid interrupted. “’is father migh’ come up ter the school to complain. Why did yer curse ’im in the firs’ place?”


“He called Hermione… a… well…” Ron began


“Mudblood.” Harry finished for him.


“He didn’!” Hagrid said outraged.


“He did. And it’s not the first time either.” Harry told him.


“Well, well dun ter Ron.” Hagrid said.


“You don’t actually condone what Ron did do you Hagrid?” Hermione asked him. She seamed to be truly astonished if not a little scandalized. Ron turned to her outraged.


“You are going to tell me off for defending you!?” Ron half asked angrily.


“But you could get expelled for that.” Hermione said truly exasperated. She just didn’t get how it was that they weren’t concerned about the repercussions. “Sorry if I don’t want one of my best friends to be expelled.”


“I won’t be expelled.” Ron said but he did look a little nervous now.


“So changin’ the subject...I ’ear someone ’as been given out signed photos.” Hagrid said looking at Harry with one eyebrow raised.


“If that pompous idiot that calls himself a professor is still spreading that I’ll…” Harry muttered angry.


“Calm down ‘arry!” Hagrid said holding up his arms. “I was only jokin’. I told ’im tha’ yah did no’ need to give out signed photos. Yeh will always be more famous than ’im!”


“Thanks Hagrid.” Harry said smiling sheepishly. “But I don’t like begin famous, you know that. That’s what makes Lockhart so annoying. He keeps telling me not to go bigheaded, chase after reporters, and try to get into the news so young and to stop trying to get so famous. When I want none of it what so ever.”


“Jus’ what I thought.” Hagrid said nodding. Then he turned toward the others trying to change the subject and suggested. “ ‘ere, any of yeh want to see meh pumpkins?”


Hermione taking the hint immediately agreed before Ron who was looking constipated could refuse the offer. Gathering their cloaks they all went outside and into Hagrid’s vegetable patch. As they rounded to the back side of the hut to see massive, boulder size pumpkins that were dotted around the garden, Hermione’s eyes lit up.


“Ther’a gettin’ on well aren’t they.” Hagrid said to them, the look on his face that of a proud parent. “Ther’a doing better then I spec’ted.”


“Engorgement charm, yes?” Hermione said examining them as if they were a new and rare find to the world.


“Yes. Mum did them like this too.” Ginny said agreeing, eyeing Hermione in amusement. “You have done a good job Hagrid. They look really great.” In the middle of Ginny’s complement Ron’s stomach rumbled. “Typical brother of mine.” Ginny muttered shaking her head.


“I can help it if I’m hungry!” Ron retorted.


“But you’re always hungry!” Ginny snapped annoyed.


“Can we have the brother-sister argument later?” Harry asked looking between the two and hoping that he wouldn’t have to break up a fight.


“We’re not arguing!” They both said at the same time causing Harry, Hermione, and Neville to laugh.


With Ron and Ginny scowling at their friends who continued to laugh at the two they all said goodbye to Hagrid and headed up to the school. Just as they got into the entrance hall Snape swept down on them.


“You think that breaking the rules is fun.” Snape sneered. “Well, you won’t be laughing now. All of you are on the train home tonight. Expelled for sure.”


“We don’t have a clue what you are on about!” Harry exclaimed confused and a little annoyed.


“Mr. Malfoy is in the hospital wing belching slugs.” Snape shouted.


“And I would be expelled for that because?” Harry asked. But before Snape could answer, the entrance hall doors opened and in walked Lucius Malfoy.


“Ah these are the people that cursed my son I take it.” Lucius said coldly. “I should have known it was Potter and his crew. Well take a good look around…it will be the last you ever see of this place. Mark my words.”


“I will not be leaving because I did not do anything.” Harry replied nonchalantly.


“You count cursing my son as nothing?” Lucius demanded.


“I would if I cursed him. But I didn’t.” Harry said.


“That’s not Mr. Malfoy’s story.” Snape interrupted scowling at the one he believed responsible for all the problems. “He said that he was talking to your fellow Gryffindors when all of a sudden you five cursed him. He managed to dodge a couple of curses but Mr. Potter’s hit him and Ms. Weasley’s hit him. The next thing he knew he was belching up slugs. What do you have to say to that Potter?


“Well since he used the term ‘mudblood’ he should have expected it. However, I still stand by what I said that I did not curse him. You can check my wand if you wish.” Harry said handing out his wand.


“We don’t need to.” Lucius said. “We have the whole Slytherin team as eyewitnesses. They back up my son’s story.”


“I did not curse him.” Harry almost growled, he was starting to get angry now.


“LIAR!” Snape shouted.


“Severus!” Came the voice of Dumbledore from the stairs and Harry turned to see him walking toward them. “That will do. Mr. Malfoy it is good to see you. Your son has stopped belching slugs and should be out of the hospital wing within the next half an hour.” Dumbledore continued.


“I take it Potter is going to be expelled.” Lucius said, sneering down at the youth in question.


“I have spoken to both set of teams. According to the Gryffindor team, it was Mr. Weasley that cursed Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Potter did not do anything. According to the reports Mr Weasley acted in retaliation to your son using a term that I do not appreciate being used in my school.” Dumbledore replied calmly.


“So you’re letting them get away with it?” Lucius demanded.


“No I am not. Mr. Weasley broke school rules by cursing him. Therefore, I will have to give Mr. Weasley detention. And I do not like the language Mr. Malfoy used so he will too will be given detention.” Dumbledore explained.


“My son did nothing wrong and don’t you think him being put in the hospital wing is punishment enough?” Lucius demanded


Dumbledore looked at Harry and Harry had to agree with Malfoy senior. Even though what he did deserved a detention; coughing up slugs did seem to serve as a good enough punishment. “Agreed, Mr. Malfoy will not be receiving a detention.” Dumbledore said, as if he was reading Harry’s mind at the time. But Harry knew he was not because he had his Occlumency shields up. Dumbledore, it seamed, was still a mystery till this day.


“But what about Potter!?” Lucius demanded.


“I did not curse him!” Harry argued. “Check my wand.” Harry said holding his wand out to Dumbledore.


“That will be useless. It only shows the last five spells you’ve done. You could have easily cast five spells to clear it off.” Lucius said glaring down at his son’s rival.


“Then it is innocent until proven guilty.” Dumbledore said looking into Mr. Malfoy’s eye’s.


“Does not the Slytherin team’s word count for anything?” Snape demanded.


“There is lack of sufficient evidence.” Dumbledore said holding his hand out in a helpless manner.


“Therefore there is a lack of evidence that my son called this girl by that name!” Lucius stated.


“But your son is not getting punished Mr. Malfoy.” Dumbledore reminded him, the usual twinkle in his eyes shining brightly.


“You said him being in the hospital wing was punishment.” Lucius said.


“What would you have me do Mr. Malfoy? Grab a time turner and go back to when he was cursed and stop it. I can not change the past.” Dumbledore said calmly.


“But you can punish the people responsible for my son being in the hospital wing!” Lucius demanded.


“And Mr. Weasley is getting detention.” Dumbledore said now getting angry.


“But what about Potter!?” Lucius demanded.


“I did not curse him!” Harry yelled, now enraged.


“Ah but did you threaten him.” Snape asked. “Because Malfoy said you had your wand pointing at him, threatening him before all five of you cursed him.”


Harry opened is mouth to respond but suddenly closed it. ‘Damn it’ he thought. Snape smirked.


“It seems that Mr. Potter also broke school rules by threatening Mr. Malfoy.” Snape said. “He should also be given detention, at the very least.”


Dumbledore eyed Harry before sighing. “Mr. Potter will be given detention along with Mr. Weasley. Now Mr. Malfoy, I am sure you wish to see your son.”


Lucius Malfoy eyed Harry angrily before storming up the stairs. Snape on the other hand sneered at Harry before following Lucius.


“Professor McGonagall will tell you of your detentions later this evening.” Dumbledore said. Harry just nodded then the five of them headed towards Gryffindor tower.


“That’s just stupid.” Ginny said once they were out of earshot.


“Well they…” Hermione said.


“We what? We deserve it?!” Ron shouted. “We defend you and you jump on our backs for it.”


“No, Ronald, if you would let me finish. They did not have any choice. You broke school rules. I do not say you deserve it but Professor Dumbledore did not have a choice. You could tell he did not want to give you and Harry detention, but he had to.” Hermione told them.


“Oh.” Was all Ron had to say to that.


-oOoOoOo-


When they went down to tea that evening McGonagall was waiting for them at their table. “I’m here to inform you that your detentions will take place tonight.” She said. “You Mr. Weasley will be polishing silver in the trophy room with Mr. Filch. No magic.” Ron gulped at those words. “You Mr. Potter will be helping Professor Lockhart answer his fan mail.”


“I didn’t know they still used torture for punishments here.” Harry muttered. McGonagall raised her eyebrow at the statement.


“If you would like to know Professor Lockhart requested you personally.” McGonagall said.


“Sorry Professor, but I didn’t want to know that.” Harry groaned out.


“Five points deducted for your cheek Potter. Both of you will arrive sharply at eight o’clock tonight.” With that, she left the Gryffindor table and went up to the staff table.


“Polishing the trophy room.” Ron moaned. “Filch will have me there all night.”


“At least you don’t have to put up with Lockhart.” Harry said in disgust. “Answering fan mail. Why does god hate me?”


-oOoOoOo-


At eight o‘clock Harry found himself outside Lockhart’s office. The door swung open after Harry knocked to reveal Lockhart smiling down at him. “Harry my boy, come in, come in.” He said leading Harry into his office. “You will be writing the address on the envelopes so you can just take a seat right here next to me.” As Lockhart sat behind his desk Harry could see that there was an extra chair sitting right next to the one already occupied. As he rounded the desk, Harry pulled out the chair and moved it to the end of the desk, trying to get as far away from the fraud as possible. “Come, come now Harry I don’t bite.” Lockhart said in response to Harry’s actions. Chuckling slightly when Harry glared at the professor he continued. “Well never mind, best get started, first one is to Gladys Gudgeon. Huge fan bless her.”


Slowly minute by minute the time went by. After what seemed like ages Harry looked up at the clock to see that only forty minutes had passed. ‘Why does that always happen?’ Harry thought. ‘When you’re doing something you hate time always goes by slowly.’


As the candles burned lower and lower Harry got more tired. Until he heard the voice that he had been dreading all year. The voice that Harry wished he could not hear. The voice that made him realize exactly what he was doing.


“come…come to me…let me rip you…let me tear you…let me kill you…”


Harry’s blood ran cold. At this precise moment, Voldemort was possessing Ginny, his Ginny. He did not know what to do or think. He felt like he was being ripped in half. On one hand the part of him that was a overprotective husband wanted to end this right now and not let her suffer. On the other hand the part of him that was still very much a teenage boy was insecure about whether she would ever love him if he didn’t let her do this. And Merlin did he want, need, her to love him. Was this really the best thing to do? Was he making a big mistake? Harry did not say anything. He did not really want to think about what was happening right at this moment to Ginny. He just wanted out of this detention. He just wanted everything to be over. It was another forty minutes before Lockhart noticed the time and dismissed Harry.


Harry walked slowly back to the common room. He was going to check on Ginny in the morning. He prayed that she was okay. He did not know what to do now. It was one thing to say he was going to let her go through this, but now that it was happening, Harry was defiantly having second thoughts.
Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear