Search:

SIYE Time:9:26 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 396246; Chapter Total: 8036
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Hey ho. another chapter




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Harry sat on the usual couch in the Room of Requirement as he watched Ginny try to cast the blue bell flames. She had been at it for a while now and she nearly had it.


“You weren’t kidding when you said this was hard,” Ginny said, wiping some sweat off her forehead.


“You can stop if you want,” Harry told her.


“No,” Ginny said, sipping some water she had asked for from the Room of Requirement. “I can do this. I’ve made progress, haven’t I?”


Indeed she had. In the weeks that had passed since she had started, she had come a long way. She could easily call off the flame in existence, and she could keep it going for ten minutes. However, the bluebell flame was meant to be waterproof, and whenever Harry put some water on the flames, it always went out.


Ginny hadn’t given up, though. She had taken it as a challenge and she had been meditating more and more to try to improve her concentration whilst also continuing to cast the spell to make her magic grow. You could often see her in corridors when no one was looking, casting the flame and trying to make it to follow her around so her magic reserves grew, and she could hold the flame even under Harry’s water charm.


“Indeed you have,” Harry said. “And if I’m being honest, more than I thought you would. Which is a good thing, but don’t ware yourself out.”


Ginny nodded and went back to the empty space where she practised her magic and started up again. She called forth the blue bell flame and it appeared in front of her. Harry watched Ginny for a while as she concentrated on the keeping the flame alive. After fifteen minutes, Harry conjured an empty jar, scooped up the flames into it, and closed the lid. The flame threatened to flicker out of existence for a moment before going back to normal and the two of them sat down on the sofa with Ginny leaning against Harry.


“I can’t believe I can cast that spell now,” Ginny muttered as she washed the flamed dance about.

“I haven’t tested it with water, yet,” Harry reminded her. “And we don’t know if it produces heat yet, either.”


“How do we test the heat, then?” Ginny asked. Harry closed his eyes and all of the sudden the temperature in the room dropped dramatically. Ginny’s breath was visible in the air and she started to shiver. Two jumpers and two large coats appeared in front of them and Harry and Ginny quickly put them on. Then both of them huddled around Ginny’s flame, enjoying the heat coming from the jar.


“See,” Harry said to her as he pulled her closer to him so they kept warm. “It works perfectly well.”


“Gee, I so glad we tested it like this,” Ginny drawled.


After five minutes of them both enjoying the warmth the blue bell flame gave them, Harry turned the temperature of the room back and up made the jumpers and coats disappear.


“All we need to do now is test to see if it’s waterproof or not,” Harry said, lifting the jar away from the flame. “You ready?”


“As much as I’ll ever be,” Ginny said, nodding and pointing her wand at the flame.


“Alright, on three,” Harry told her as he pointed his wand at the flame. “One, Two, Three! Aguamenti!” A jet of water came out of Harry’s wand and crashed into Ginny’s flame. There was smoke coming from it, but Harry could just make out the flame fighting for survival.


Ginny was sweating hard. Harry kept up with the water for a minute before cancelling the spell. Harry watched as the water died away, leaving the table and surrounding floor soaked. But there, on the table, where it was before was the blue bell flame.


“Ginny!” Harry cried out ecstatic. “You did it!”


Ginny smiled weakly at him before the flames flickered out of life and Ginny collapsed onto the couch. Harry, worried, raced to her to check if she was all right.


“I’m okay,” Ginny said weekly. “It just took a lot out of me.”


Harry waved his wand to get rid of the water and then sat down next to Ginny, draping his arm around her and letting Ginny lean against him.


“I think that’s it for tonight,” Harry told her. “You’re too worn out after that.”


“Yes,” Ginny whispered. “I understand why it’s a third year spell. That was hard.”


“Yes,” Harry agreed. “That was hard what you just did. No third year could do that.”


“I thought it was a third year spell,” Ginny whispered again.


“It is,” Harry said. “But what you just did, keeping it alive after a solid minute with me trying to put it out with water, was literately casting an underwater flame. That, Ginny, is OWL level magic.”


“Why the hell did you make me do that, then,” Ginny whispered.. “Especially after it’s warn me out like this.”


“Because I believed in you,” Harry told her, kissing her on the forehead. “Because I believed you were powerful enough to do so.” Ginny sighed in the pleasure of the kiss Harry gave her.


“Now what?” Ginny asked sleepily.


“We’ve got two hours before curfew,” Harry told her, checking his watch. “We could play a game of chess.”


“I’m too tired,” Ginny said.


“You could just go to sleep, then,” Harry said to her.


“Isn’t it the twins’ birthday tomorrow?” Ginny asked, yawning.


“It is,” Harry said, nodding his head and then realised exactly what that meant. “Ginny! It’s April Fool’s day tomorrow!”


“The day of pranking,” Ginny said, understanding. “The Ghosts can’t miss this day. We would be a laughing stock.”


“Come on,” Harry said, taking her hand and helping her up. “I know you’re tired, but we need to find Fred and George.”


“We do,” Ginny agreed, yawning as they walked out of the Room of Requirement and headed towards the common room. When they reached the common room, they saw the twins sitting by the window, jotting things down on a piece of parchment.


“Hey guys,” Harry said as Harry and Ginny got closer to them.


“Hey bro,” Fred said.


“Hey sis,” George said.


“Hey,” Harry said again, but Ginny just mumbled something incoherent.


“What’s up with her?” Fred asked as she noticed that Ginny was leaning against Harry.


“She’s just tired,” Harry said. “Can you come up to my dorm for a sec?”


“Sure,” Fred and George said together and they followed Harry and Ginny into Harry’s dorm. Ginny instantly went to lie down on Harry’s bed putting her head on his pillow.


“You’re comfortable,” Harry commented.


“Shut up,” Ginny moaned out. “I’m tired.


“We can do this tomorrow,” Fred said.


“No we can’t,” Ginny said, yawning. “It’s April Fool’s day tomorrow. We need to plan a prank.”


“Indeed it is,” Fred said.


“We wondered if you had actually forgotten,” George said.


“We nearly did,” Harry said.


“If it weren’t for Harry remembering, we would have,” Ginny said from Harry’s bed.


“Alright,” Fred said. “What have you got planned?”


Ginny handed Harry her key and Harry pulled out the chest of potions from his trunk and put the key in the lock.


“As it is April Fool’s day, I reckon we should go all out with the pranks,” Harry told them. “I’m not sure about you, but I think we should make this prank our best yet.”


“True,” Ginny said as she lay back down on the bed.


Harry looked at the instructions and then pulled out five levels of potions. He then, to the shock of Fred and George, put a whole tray of potions to one side.


“We’re using all of them?” Fred asked.


“Yes,” Harry said. “It is April Fool’s day. The prank should be really big.” Harry then put three more trays to the side.


“So, four trays of potions,” Fred said.


“A tray to a house,” Harry said.


“So we put these potions into the drink and food like the first prank,” Fred asked.


“Yes,” Harry said. “But we could get in trouble for this, according to the instructions the potions last about five hours. So it would last all morning and not ware out until lunch.”


“So we would be going to class with the effects of these potions still happening?” Fred asked.


“Not really,” Harry said. “You see, we wouldn’t be able to do classes.” Fred and George instantly agreed to do it.


“You don’t know what the potions do,” Harry reminded them.


“We don’t need to know,” Fred said, smiling.


“It gets us out of class all morning,” George said.


“That’s good enough for us,” Fred said.


Chuckling, Harry turned to Ginny “What you think, Gin?” Harry asked her. No reply came from her. Ginny was lying down, her head resting on Harry’s pillow, fast asleep. Smiling, Harry went over to her and shook her gently.


“Ginny,” Harry said gently. Ginny just groaned, her arm shoving Harry away and then snuggling back down into Harry’s pillow.


“She really must be tired if she falls asleep when we are planning a prank,” Fred said. Harry shook her again and once again, Ginny unconsciously shoved Harry away.


“I suppose I could leave her there,” Harry said thoughtfully. “I don’t really want to wake her. Not after this evening.”


“What happened this evening?” Fred asked, worried.


“Nothing wrong,” Harry assured them. “She was just practising a spell and it wore her out big time.”


“You’re sure?” George asked.


“Positive,” Harry said, nodding. Harry pulled the covers out from under her and then draped them over her, tucking her in.


“If you’re going to let her sleep there, where are you going to sleep?” Fred asked.


“Probably down in the common room,” Harry said. “You’d kill me if I slept in my bed as well.”


“Too right,” Fred said.


After closing the drapes around the bed so no one could tell that it was Ginny sleeping in the bed and not Harry, he walked out of the dorm with the twins. When they reached the twins dorms, Fred turned around to speak to Harry.


“So what spell were you teaching Ginny that got her so worn out like this?” Fred asked. The twins obviously knew that Harry was good at magic after they had pranked Ginny on her birthday with the fake Hogwarts letter. Therefore, they weren’t surprised when they learnt that Harry was teaching Ginny.


“The blue bell flames charm,” Harry told them.


“Harry,” George said, confused. “That’s third year magic.”


“I know,” Harry said. “But Ginny can do it. Ginny can even make it water proof.”


“She can?” Fred said surprised, wide eyed. “We haven’t been taught that yet.”


“No, that’s fifth year magic,” Harry told them.


“Your teaching Ginny fifth year magic?” George asked for clarification.


“I’m teaching her any magic I thought she might want to learn,” Harry said, shrugging. “Ginny was the one who picked out the spell.”


“So she’s really good at magic then?” Fred asked.


“She’s great,” Harry said. “She had a problem to start with, but now she’s picking up spells brilliantly. I’m going to start her on offensive spells soon.”


“You don’t need to do that,” George said, obviously worried. “She has the Bat-Bogey Hex.”


“Yes, she does.” Harry said, nodding. “And it’s very powerful. Especially with a wand suited for her. You’d better watch out. Ginny hasn’t forgotten about the Valentine’s rhyme.”


Fred and George gulped. “We didn’t think you two would mind,” Fred said.


“Yeah,” George agreed. “You two seemed to be getting so close recently.”


“We don’t,” Harry said. “Well, I don’t. And I don’t think Ginny does, either. But it’s principle, you know.” Fred and George eyed each other worriedly.


“You guys better get off to bed,” Harry said as they reached the twins’ dorm. “You got to get up early tomorrow to do the potions.”


“Alright,” Fred said and the two of them turned to go, but Fred turned back. “Harry, what’s going on between you and Ginny?”


“What you mean?” Harry asked.


“Well, it’s just the way you two came in together,” Fred said.


“Ginny was tired,” Harry told them.


“You were holding hands,” George said.


“Ginny. Was. Tired,” Harry repeated. “She had her eyes closed most of the time on the way back. I was leading her along.”


“Right, Harry,” Fred said.


“Of course,” George added.


“We don’t mind if you two are dating…” George said, but Harry cut him off.


“We are not dating,” Harry hissed out and then stopped. They weren’t officially dating. However, Harry couldn’t deny there was something going on. Whenever they were alone they always held hands, and Ginny always curled up with him on the sofa in the Room Of Requirement whenever they weren’t practising spells. Harry and Ginny had kissed each other on Valentine’s Day, granted, only on the cheek. In truth, the only thing Harry and Ginny hadn’t done was kiss each other on the lips. He couldn’t really deny that nothing was going.


“We’re not, officially, dating.” Harry corrected himself. “But I won’t say there’s nothing going on. That would be lying. You don’t mind?”


Fred and George gave each other a serious look. “If you hurt her,” Fred said.


“I’ve been her best friend since I was six,” Harry hissed out heatedly. “I wouldn’t dream of hurting her.”


“Good,” George said. “But if you did, it wouldn’t be pretty.”


“I am not going to hurt her,” Harry said angrily. He couldn’t believe Fred and George thought he might.


“We believe you,” Fred said, “but she’s our sister. We need to be looking out for her, you know.”


“I know,” Harry said, nodding in understanding. “You don’t mind, then. I mean if Ginny and I…”


“No,” Fred said.


“If we can’t trust you,” George said,


“Who can we trust?” Fred finished.


“Thanks,” Harry said, smiling. “Don’t mention this to Ginny. We haven’t really talked about this yet.”


“Don’t worry,” George said,


“Our lips are sealed,” Fred said. And with that the twins walked into their dormitory. Smiling, Harry made his way down to the common room to spend the night on the sofa.


-oOoOoOoOo-


The next morning Harry was shook awake early by a beautiful red head. “Ginny?” Harry asked, squinting.


“Why didn’t you wake me Harry?” Ginny asked when Harry sat up and she sat down next to him.


“I tried,” Harry said, yawning. “You wouldn’t wake up. And after you getting worn out last night, I thought in the end it would be best if I let you sleep. I closed the curtains around you and came down here.”


“Fred and George?” Ginny asked.


“They know,” Harry said. “They don’t care. As long as I wasn’t in bed with you, they didn’t mind.” Ginny blushed.


“I guess we shouldn’t tell them about our first night back at the Burrow at Christmas, then.” Ginny said, leaning against him.


“Do you want me dead or alive?” Harry asked her.


“Alive please,” Ginny said, chuckling slightly.


“Then I suggest we don’t tell them about that,” Harry said.


“What did we finally agree on?” Ginny asked.


“What is the last thing you remember?” Harry asked her.


Ginny thought for a moment and then shrugged. “You getting lots of potions out, but not telling us what they did.”


“Well. You’ll be in a big surprise, then,” Harry said, smiling at her. “There won’t be any classes this morning.”


“There won’t be?” Ginny asked, frowning


“Nope,” Harry said, shaking his head. “The potions won’t run out until lunch. And with what the potions do to you, you can’t have lessons.”


“What do they do?” Ginny asked.


“You’ll find out at breakfast,” Harry said, smirking.


“Not fair. Tell me,” Ginny said, sulking.


“Not even Fred and George know what the potions do. All they know is that there will be no lessons this morning,” Harry told her.


“God,” Ginny said. “You know how much trouble we could get into for that.”


“They have no proof that we’re the Ghosts,” Harry told her.


“Other people know,” Ginny said. “Hermione, Ron, and Neville. Not to mention the Gryffindor team.”


“Yes, I know,” Harry said. “But they’re not going to tell on us, are they?”


“Just tell me what happens,” Ginny moaned out.


“No,” Harry said, smirking. “You’ll find out at breakfast like the others.”


“Fine,” Ginny sulked.


“Ah come on, Gin,” Harry said, putting his arm around her. “Don’t sulk. Remember, you get the morning off from lessons.”


Ginny shook her head, a small smile forming on her face. “There you go,” Harry said, running a finger down her cheek. “I knew I could get you to smile.”


“Pratt,” Ginny said, sighing and resting her head on Harry’s shoulder.


“Did you sleep well?” Harry asked her.


“Yes,” Ginny said. “You still should have woken me up, though. Imagine my surprise when I woke up in your bed this morning.”


“I tried,” Harry said, exasperated, causing Ginny to giggle.


“So you say,” Ginny said.


“So will Fred and George say,” Harry retorted.


Harry and Ginny sat talking for a couple more minutes before the portrait hole opened up and Fred and George walked in. Harry stared at them and then at the boys stairs and then back at them.


“How did you get there?” Harry asked, confused.


“It’s later than you think, Harry,” George said.


“Yeah, I reckon you should get ready,” Fred said.


“Wish you told us what the potions did,” George said.


“He won’t even tell me,” Ginny said, crossing her arms in annoyance.


“You’ll find out soon,” Harry said, getting up. After he had washed and changed, he headed back down to the common room where Ron, Neville, and Hermione had joined the other three.


“You’re not doing another prank, are you?” Hermione asked as soon as Harry stepped into the common room.


“What makes you say that?” Harry said, eyeing Hermione.


“Since Fred, George, and Ginny were down here already before us three came down here,” Hermione said.


“And since you came down here and then went back up to take a shower and get dressed,” Neville said.


“Gee, when did you get so smart?” Harry asked.


“It’s also April Fool’s day,” Hermione said. “Everyone is going to be expecting a prank.”


“True,” Harry said.


“So, what have you done this time?” Hermione asked as they all started to head down to the Great Hall.


“Ask Harry,” Ginny said,


“Yes,” George agreed. “We don’t know ourselves.”


“So only Harry pulled this prank?” Ron asked.


“No, we all did,” Fred said.


“But Harry is the only one who knows what the potions do,” Ginny muttered.


“So?” Hermione asked.


“Not saying,” Harry said in a singsong voice as he headed out of the common room.


“Why not?” Ginny asked.


“Probably because he knows we won’t touch any food or drink if we knew what the potions did,” Hermione said.


“Now, have we done anything like that before?” Harry asked. “The first prank was okay wasn’t it? The second prank we just did Malfoy and I.”


“True,” Neville said.


“Then you’ve got nothing to worry about,” Harry said, smirking.


“I don’t like that smirk,” Ginny said.


“Tough,” Harry said, shrugging.


When they got down into the Great Hall, most of the school was already there eating. The six of them hurried of towards the Gryffindor table and Harry started waiting while the others were slightly nervous to start.


“You know, it will be kind of suspicious when things start to happen to other people and not to you,” Harry told the others and cautiously, they started eating.


It took ten minutes before the potions to take affect. Harry was just biting into his sausage when there was a loud cry from the Hufflepuff table and everyone turned to see a fifth year Hufflepuff who had started to sprout black fur on her face. Everyone watched as many other people also started to spout fur. Harry looked around and noticed that the Ravenclaws were starting to sprout feathers. Soon everyone had stopped eating, but it was too late by then. All of them had either taken a drink or ate some food and the potions were in their bodies and Harry smirked as they took affect. The Slytherins’ skin were starting to turn green and have scales, and when Harry turn to look at Ginny next to him, she had fur on the back of her hand and had sprouted whiskers.


“What,” Ginny hissed out, “is happening?”


“It’s the potion,” Harry replied as fur started to grow on Ginny’s neck.


“Bloody hell,” Ron said as he too started to notice fur on the Ginny and everyone around him. He then looked at himself and looked shocked.


“What’s going on?” Hermione hissed out as people around him started to shrink.


“It’s a prank, Hermione,” Harry said as he too felt himself start to shrink.


Professor McGonagall sat at the teachers table in shock as she saw the entire school body change before her eyes. She watched as the whole Hufflepuff table slowly, but steadily, turned into badgers. She looked over to the Ravenclaws and saw people with beaks and wings and feathers and noticed that they were turning into eagles. Dreading what she would see when she looked over at the Slytherins, she turned her head and saw a very large number of snakes about. Shuddering, McGonagall finally looked over to the table that usually sat her own Gryffindors and found baby lions. Ghost’s of the Marauders again. She knew it was Mr Potter, Ms Weasley and the Weasley twins. They only ever sat together whenever there was a prank. But unfortunately, that wasn’t enough evidence to prove it was them who had pulled the pranks.


Harry felt very weird as a baby lion. First, walking around on four legs was rather different than walking around on two. Secondly, having a tail was also very strange. The strangest thing was that even though he had only been a baby lion for a minute, he could walk around and knew exactly what to do to move about as a lion. Harry guessed it was the potion.


Harry glanced to his left where Ginny sat and found a baby lioness looking around, confused. Harry walked up to her, nudged her gently, and looked into her eyes that were chocolate brown. As soon as Ginny saw the emerald green, she relaxed and nudged him back slightly.


“You okay?” Harry asked, opening his mouth. Harry could no longer speak English, but as they were both lions, they could understand each other.


“Harry?” Ginny opened her mouth and her sweet voice came out. Harry did what he thought was a smile and laid down next to her on the floor.


“You okay?” Harry repeated the question


“Oh sure,” Ginny said, lying down too. “Just the small little problem of being a baby lion.”


“But you’re a cute baby lion,” Harry said.


“You said we would get all morning off,” Ginny said to him.


“Well, you can’t exactly go to lessons like this, can you?” Harry said to her.


“This is going to last all morning!” the voice of Hermione said from behind them, rather peeved.


“Err, hello,” Harry said, walking around Ginny to hide him from Hermione.


“Don’t use me as a shield, Harry,” Ginny said, getting up and moving out of the way.


“How could you do this!” Hermione asked him. “How could you do this!”


“Quite easily, obviously,” A baby lion with the voice of Neville came into view.


“Couldn’t he of waited until we finished breakfast,” Ron said, following Neville. “I don’t mind missing classes, but missing the food is kind of a disappointment.”


“We’re lions,” Hermione screamed at him. “Don’t you care about that?”


“We get to miss classes,” Ron said


“Honestly,” Hermione said, shaking her head. “So what are we going to do for the morning?”


“Play about,” The voice of Fred said as two identical baby lions walked into view.


“This is ridiculous,” Hermione muttered.


“No,” George corrected. “This is fun.”


“Yeah,” Fred said. “Cheer up. It could be worse.”


“How?” Hermione asked.


“We could be snakes like the Slytherins,” George said.


“I can’t believe you four did this!” Ron said in awe.


“We didn’t,” Ginny said. “Harry did. I had no clue about this. He wouldn’t tell me.”


“He wouldn’t tell any of us,” Fred muttered.


“And that’s because he knew we wouldn’t eat anything if we knew this would happen,” Hermione said.


“Sorry?” Harry tried. Hermione glared at him and Harry shuffled guiltily on the spot.


Professor Dumbledore started to get worried. The students had been animals for the past ten minutes, but they weren’t changing back. Harry wouldn’t pull a prank that interfered with classes, would he? He knew it was Harry, Ginny, Fred and George. Harry might be good at Occulmency and hiding things, but the others were not. Dumbledore looked at his pocket watch to see that classes were due to start in five minutes. Standing up, he addressed the school.


“I would like to say that this prank was very well thought out and a brilliant piece of pranking. However, it doesn’t seem like you will be changing back anytime soon. I have been lenient with the Ghosts in the past because it didn’t interrupt with the classes. However, as this prank doesn’t seem to be following the previous pranks example, I, unfortunately, will have to hand out some punishments to the Ghosts after this is all over.


“For now, your head of house will lead you all back to your common room where you will stay until you change back.” Dumbledore then looked at the Gryffindor table and at the lion that he thought might be Harry. “Then I will personally deal with the matter at hand once the Ghosts are human once again. Please don’t all rush back to your common room and please try to be somewhat organised.”


Harry looked at Ginny and the twins before sighing. “Maybe this was a little over the top,” Harry said.


“A little!” Hermione screeched to him.


“I guess this is going to go on our permanent record, George,” Fred said, starting to walk as Professor McGonagall led the Gryffindor lions out of the Great Hall.


“Great,” George said happily.


“Mum won’t be happy,” Ginny said.


Harry shuddered at the thought. “Maybe Dumbledore will be kind enough not to tell her.”


“One can only hope,” Ginny muttered. “One can only hope.”


Once they were out of the Great Hall, Harry noticed the front doors were ajar. Harry glanced at McGonagall, who was leading them back to the tower and started to slow down. Ginny who noticed this, slowed down to so she was walking next to her.


“What’s wrong?” Ginny asked.


“I don’t really want to get to go back to the common with everyone there,” Harry muttered.


“You should have thought of that before changing everyone into animals,” Ginny muttered.


“Are you mad at me?” Harry asked her.


Ginny looked at Harry and then gave him an affectionate nudge. “Of course not,” Ginny whispered. “I’m just disappointed that you didn’t tell me.”


“If I told you, would you have let me do it?” Harry asked her. “Or ate any food.”


“Yes,” Ginny said. “I would have. I am a Ghost, after all.”


“Sorry,” Harry said, disappointed in himself that he hadn’t trusted Ginny. Harry looked around and saw them coming up to the stairs. McGonagall was half way up them and wasn’t paying attention. Harry looked behind him at the still partly opened front door.


“I don’t really want to go back to the common room,” Harry said, slowing down some more so that he had almost stopped walking.


“Well, we don’t have a choice do we,” Ginny said.


“The front door is ajar,” Harry whispered to her. “You don’t have to come.”


“Of course I’m coming,” Ginny said. “Why wouldn’t I want to come?”


Harry gave another quick glance at McGonagall, looked at Ginny who nodded, and they both made a run to the door. No one noticed them slip out of the front oak doors or down the steps. Once they hit the lawn, Harry and Ginny raced across them and towards the lake and the trees surrounded it. Once they reached them, Harry looked back to check that they weren’t followed. They weren’t. Harry laid down on the grass as Ginny came to lie down next to him.


“So how long are we lion cubs for again?” Ginny asked as she shifted closer to Harry.


“Until around lunch time,” Harry said, lifted his head up and gently putting it on the back of Ginny’s neck. Ginny snuggled even closer to him.


“What do we do until then?” Ginny asked.


“Whatever we want,” Harry said.


“We can play tag,” Ginny said, rolling onto her back so she could look at Harry.


“Or we can stay here and enjoy the piece and quite,” Harry said.


“Tag would be more fun,” Ginny said, getting up.


“But I just got comfy,” Harry said.


“Tough,” Ginny said, putting her paw on Harry’s back. “Tag.”


For the next couple of hours, Harry and Ginny ran around the lake together playing tag and chasing each other about. This was much better than lessons, Harry thought as he chased Ginny around the trees and bushes. When it came closer to lunchtime, Harry decided that he had enough chasing Ginny about and launched himself on top of her, causing them to roll over and over until they stopped, Harry lying on top of her.


“Tag,” Harry whispered out.


“Not fair,” Ginny moaned out.


“How isn’t that fair?” Harry asked her, cocking his head.


“I don’t know,” Ginny said, trying to wiggle away from Harry. “It just isn’t.”


“I didn’t say I would play fairly,” Harry told her, and Ginny relaxed.


“You have me at your mercy, Harry,” Ginny said, nudging Harry’s head with hers affectionately.


“I know I do,” Harry said, nudging Ginny back. Ginny then closed the gap and gave Harry a small lick on the cheek, which Harry reckoned was meant to be a kiss.


“You know you are an awfully cute baby lion,” Harry whispered to her.


“I know,” Ginny said. Harry suddenly felt something growl in the pit of his stomach and he reckoned that the potion was wearing out. Harry was right when he noticed that Ginny was started to get bigger underneath him. Diving off her, Harry watched as he and Ginny started to grow and turn back into human begins.


Well,” Ginny said after she had turned back. “That was actually quite fun.”


“Glad you think so,” Harry said, smiling at her. “I guess we’d better get going.”


“I think that would be a good idea,” Ginny agreed, nodding. So together, they got up and started to head back to the castle. Ginny fell in step with Harry and slipped her hand into his.


When they got back to the Great Hall, they were met by a rather thin-mouthed McGonagall. “I believe the headmaster told everyone to go back to there dormitories,” McGonagall said to them curtly. “Can you two please follow me?” Harry and Ginny looked at each other and then followed McGonagall. She lead them all they way to the headmaster’s office. She said the Muggle sweet password and nodded to Harry and Ginny to stand on the stairs.


“How much trouble you think we will be in?” Ginny whispered as the stairs lead them to the headmaster’s office.


“We might get a couple of detentions,” Harry said, shrugging. “Probably get lots of points deducted. But that’s about it.”


“We won’t get expelled?” Ginny said.


“They don’t expel you for pranking,” Harry told her.


“But we did interfere with classes,” Ginny said.


“No,” Harry replied. “I, interfered with classes. You three didn’t have any idea what would happen.”


“We’re a group, Harry,” Ginny old him fiercely. “We’re all in this together, whether the twins like it or not.” When Harry and Ginny reached the top of the staircase, Harry and Ginny stepped off and knocked on the door.


“Come in,” a voice called from the other side of the door.


Harry and Ginny walked into the headmaster’s office and saw Fred and George sitting in seats already. Harry and Ginny spotted two empty seats next to the twins and, figuring that they were obviously for them, they sat down.


“I would like to say I have rather enjoyed your pranks this year.” Dumbledore started speaking to them in a calm voice. “They’ve been humorous and a joy to watch. However, today’s prank went a bit further than I can tolerate. By all means, prank people. I rather quite enjoy it. However, when your pranks start to interfere with the running of the school and the classes, that is where I have to draw the line.”


“They didn’t know what the potions did, sir,” Harry said. “Ginny hadn’t had a clue at all.”


“Rubbish! Of course I did,” Ginny lied.


“No you didn’t, Miss Weasley,” Dumbledore said. “I was actually there in the boy’s dormitory last night watching you four discuss the prank. Or rather, the three of you. You, Miss Weasley was asleep on Harry’s bed. I must say I didn’t realise that so much planning and thoughtfulness went into a prank.”


“You were there?” Harry asked. Why didn’t Harry feel his magic?


“Of course,” Dumbledore said, nodding. “I’m always there when you four plan a prank. And word for the wise, Harry, I don’t think Peeves will be very pleased that you have now left him out of two pranks. I think you’d better include him on the next one, don’t you think?”


“Erm.” Harry was lost for words.


“Now on with the punishment,” Dumbledore said. “Like I said before, I was quite willingly letting you pull pranks as they were both harmless and didn’t interfere with the general life in the school. As that was not the case this time, I am going to have to give you four detentions. And I believe that also a hundred points from Gryffindor is suffice, as well. And unfortunately, I will have to write home to your parents.”


“That’s okay,” Harry said, smirking. “Sirius would pat me on the back.”


Dumbledore chuckled. “Yes, Harry I believe he would. But I was talking about Mrs Weasley. After all, you do call her mother while your home during the holidays and you are everything, but officially apart of the family. It is Sirius’ name on the paper work, but I do believe that it is Mr and Mrs Weasley who act as parents towards you. You also spend almost all your time living at The Burrow rather than Potter Manor.”


Harry gulped. “Yes Professor.”


“Good,” Dumbledore said, nodding. “I suspect you four to turn up here this evening, promptly at six, for your first detentions. “


“Yes, sir,” The four of them said.


“Great,” Dumbledore said. “You may leave. I think you four should also know that classes are cancelled this afternoon. And I would advise you to not put off going to your common room for too long.”


“Thank you, Professor,” Harry said.


“You’re welcome,” Dumbledore said, getting up and heading towards the door. “I eagerly await the Ghosts’ next prank.” The four of them bade the headmaster goodbye and made there way down the stairs.


“Well,” Harry said once they were down the stairs and into the hallway. “That wasn’t exactly what I was suspecting.”


“You’re telling me,” Ginny said.


“We still have detentions,” Fred said. “He didn’t say how long the detentions were for.”


“Or what we would be doing in them,” George said.


“True,” Harry agreed. “But at least it’s with Dumbledore, and not with Snape or McGonagall.”


“Time to go back to the common room, then,” Fred said.


“This will be fun,” George said.


“Yeah, a lot of fun,” Harry drawled. “Everyone is going to try and curse the daylights out of us.”


“Maybe,” Fred said


“Can we like…go out and hang about in the grounds first for a bit?” Ginny asked nervously.


“Yeah,” George agreed. “That sounds like fun.”


“Come on,” Harry said bravely as they turned down the seventh floor corridor and lead them the to the Fat Lady.


“Erm,” Harry said when they got to her. “What’s it like in there?”


“You’ll see,” The Fat Lady said, and, without even waiting for the password, opened them up and let them in. The buzz of talking in the common that met their ears as the portrait opened silenced very quickly as the four of them stepped into the common room.


“Umm, hi,” Harry said nervously to everyone. There was some pushing and shoving and soon Ron and Neville appeared in front of them.


“That was bloody brilliant!” Ron said and the quartet stared at him in shock.


“Can’t you let us in on your next prank?” Neville asked. Harry and others stared at the two of them blankly.


“When is your next prank?” a third year girl called out.


“Why couldn’t you make it last longer so we missed all the lessons and not just the morning?” a fifth year boy called out. All four of them were speechless.


Harry heard his name called and he turned around to see Wood walking towards him. “That was a good prank. I had potions first. You don’t know how glad I am that I didn’t have to go.”


“Isn’t anyone mad at us for turning them into lions?” Ginny asked.


“Are you kidding?” Wood said. “Everyone is just happy they got the day off lessons. I didn’t do my essay and I would have got detention if you didn’t do this. Now I’ve got all afternoon to do it.”


“So we’re not going to get cursed into oblivion, then?” Harry asked.


“Nope,” Wood said, shaking his head.


“Hey guys,” Seamus shouted, coming over to them. “What are you planning for your next prank?”


“Can you make it last all day next time?” Dean asked, standing next to Seamus. Harry looked at Ginny, Fred, and George who was grinning madly.


“Maybe, Dean,” Harry said. “Maybe.”


It took the four of them a good ten minutes before they were left alone and they managed to make their way over to some empty seats. As soon as they sat down, Percy marched over to them.


“I can’t believe how irresponsible you four behaved today,” Percy started, but Fred interrupted him.


“Oh knock it off,” he said. “Go bother someone who cares.”


“I’m writing home to tell mum about this,” Percy told them, lifting his chest high to act as if he was important.


“Don’t bother,” Harry said. “Dumbledore is already doing it.”


“Well,” Percy said. “I hope the four of you have learned your lesson and won’t be pulling any more pranks.”


“Oh, go snog your girlfriend, Perc,” Harry said, getting annoyed. Fred, George and Ginny’s faces all lit up in amusement. Percy started to splutter.


“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Percy managed to say.


“I’m sure Penelope won’t be too pleased to here you say that,” Harry smirked, causing the others to laugh out. Percy looked at Harry in shock before walking out of the common room, probably off to the Owlery to owl Mrs Weasley about this morning’s prank.


“Percy has a girlfriend?” Ginny asked, her eyes alight with mischief.


“Yeah,” Harry said, nodding. “It’s the Ravenclaw prefect, Penelope Clearwater.


“When did they get together?” George asked


“Don’t know,” Harry said, shrugging. “I just saw them one day with the Marauder’s Map in a broom cupboard. I suppose they could have been trying to help Filch clean the castle, but I doubt it.”


Fred, George, and Ginny, laughed out again as Hermione made there way over to them, followed by Ron and Neville.


“So,” Hermione said, glaring at the four of them.


“Did you have fun?” Fred asked jokingly.


“I really can’t believe you four,” Hermione said. “Doing this was absolutely…”


“Brilliant,” Fred suggested


“Ingenious?” George tried.


“Imaginative?” Harry asked.


“Inspired?” Ginny added.


Hermione stared at them in complete shock. “Don’t you care that you disrupted classes?”


The four of them looked at each other, thinking before all four of them at once said, “No.” Hermione let out a little scream before flinging herself down next to them.


“How much trouble are you getting into?” Ron asked at he and Neville sat down, too.


“We got detentions and one hundred points from Gryffindor,” Harry told them.


“One hundred points!” Neville said, shocked.


“We did interrupt classes,” Ginny reminded him.


“True,” Ron said nodding.


“When do your detentions start?” Hermione asked them.


“This evening at six with Dumbledore,” Harry told her.


“You have detention with the headmaster?” Hermione said, shocked. “That must be bad.”


“Yes,” Ginny said, trying to hide a smirk. “So bad.” They hadn’t told them that Dumbledore had actually liked the pranks and was looking forward to the next one.


-oOoOoOoOo-


Come six o clock that evening, Harry, Ginny, Fred and George, arrived at the headmaster’s office five minutes early. There, they waited for ten minutes before the stone gargoyle moved out of the way and they stepped on the revolving staircase taking them up to the door to the headmaster’s room. Once they knocked on the door, they heard Dumbledore invite them in.


“Ahh,” Dumbledore said as they walked into the room. “Great. We can get started.” The four of them sat down in the chairs that they sat down earlier that afternoon and Dumbledore explained what they were going to do in the detentions.


“In these detentions you will be helping me sort out my library of books,” Dumbledore stated. “In the past years it has become quite cluttered and disorganised. Now, if you would follow me.”


Harry and the others got up and followed Dumbledore up the golden ladder that Harry had never been up before. They came onto a landing, which was covered in bookcases. Fred and George groaned behind him.


“Not to worry,” Dumbledore said. “Those aren’t the books that you will be sorting out.” Dumbledore lead them down a small passage way and into a room covered in more books. “These are the books I wish you to sort out.” The room was square in size and the floor was covered in loads of heavy books. “I wish for you to sort them out by which ever means you wish. However, it has to be logical. You will come here everyday at six and leave at nine. Your detentions will finish when you have finished sorting out this room. Now, I must get back to work.” Dumbledore went to leave them and go back to his desk.


“Sir, are we allowed to use magic?” Harry asked.


“Of course,” Dumbledore said. “But I suggest you figure out what you are actually sorting before you sort it.” Once Dumbledore had left them, Harry took Dumbledore’s suggestion and picked up a book from the floor reading out of curiosity.


“This is going to take forever,” Fred said. “We can use magic, but we need to read them first before so we know how to sort them.”


“We’re going to be at this for the rest of the year,” George said.


“No we’re not,” Harry said as he read the book he was reading and he smirked. Harry grabbed another book and read a page and his smirk grew. “These are books on pranks, guys. Look at this,” Harry said grabbing a book next to him and opening it up, reading the page aloud.


“The Back to Front Curse,” Harry read from the page. “This spell will cause the victim of the spell to think backwards is forwards and forwards is backwards. So, in order to move forward, the victim would have to think and act as if he was walking backwards.”


“Bloody hell,” George said, taking the book from Harry.


“Look at this,” Ginny said, reading a book. “The Antler Jinx. The victim of this spell will sprout antlers.”


“The Densaugeo spell,” Fred said, reading his book. “Causes the victims teeth to grow at an astonishing rate.”


Harry, Ginny, Fred and George all looked at each other shocked. “We’ll be spending a lot of time in here, then.”


“We do need to sort them out,” Ginny reminded them.


“Alphabetical order by title is logical,” Harry told her.


“So, it will still take forever to do,” Ginny said.


“No it won’t. It will take roughly thirty seconds to do,” Harry said. “I know a spell that will sort them all in alphabetical order.” Harry, Ginny, Fred and George smirked at one another. This detention wasn’t going to be half-bad. Not half-bad at all.
Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear