Search:

SIYE Time:11:36 on 18th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 396969; Chapter Total: 7155
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
A/N: Hmm, well, what to say? Some of you didn’t heed my warning last time and decided to shoot me, which made this chapters wait really long time. I mean I died and have to wait to be brought back from the dead and everything!

Okay, okay, so that’s a lie. But what I will say is that the past year has been a rather bad one for me. If anyone of you out there has been fighting depression, you know what I mean. Good news is that I haven’t been on the anti depressents in months! And for some reason I found that I really wanted to write this chapter. At the moment I don’t feel the same way about the next one though. So I don’t know how long you will wait for that one, even if you do get it. We’ll see how things go. But for now, enjoy your Xmas present. Merry Christmas!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ginny sat in an old wooden chair, in the far corner of the hospital wing. The bed next to her was currently occupied by an unconscious Harry. Hermione, Ron, and Neville also sat around the bed; Hermione with a library book plopped open, while Ron and Neville had a chess board between them. Ginny just sat there, watching Ron and Neville battle each other. Ron was winning as usual, but Neville was giving him a fair fight.


“Knight to E five,” Ron said, and Neville sank down in his chair as Ron’s knight took his queen. “Check.”


“We need to find a spell to either make us good at chess, or you rubbish,” Neville said, sulking.


“The only way to improve is to play someone who’s better than you,” Ron said smartly. Ginny looked away from Harry as she stared at her brother in awe.


“That, Ron, was smart,” Hermione said, surprised, looking up from her book. Then she shook her head to get rid of the astonishment. “Not that you’re not smart.”


“Only at chess,” Ron mumbled.


“At Quidditch also,” Ginny piped up. “You have some wicked ideas for strategies.”


“What, no I don’t,” Ron replied.


“Yes, you do,” Ginny answered. “I saw your Quidditch play book you keep hidden underneath your mattress at home.”


“What!” Ron said in outrage. “You’ve been going through my stuff!”


“When I was younger….” Ginny said hurriedly. “It was when I first started to try and learn how to fly. I knew you were the biggest Quidditch fanatic in the house. So I thought you might have had something to help me out. I’ve been sneaking in every now and then since to keep up to date. Your moves look really good.”


“They do…” Ron asked slowly.


“You should show them to Wood,” Ginny said, nodding her head as they heard the footsteps of Madam Pomfrey walking over to them.


“Pawn to C six,” Neville said, capturing a pawn of Ron’s.


“Queen to C six,” Ron said retaliating, capturing Neville's pawn.


“Good evening,” Madam Pomfrey said when she arrived at Harry’s bed. “Any change?”


“None,” Ginny said, quietly looking at Harry. “He hasn’t moved since he started thrashing about three hours ago. Something really bad must have happened in his memory.”


“Well, it does seem that his dream is over,” Madam Pomfrey said while checking him over. “It appears he’s in a deep sleep now. Hopefully he won’t wake up for a long while to allow him some rest. But in case he does, make sure he drinks this dreamless sleep potion. He’s very lucky. If it wasn’t for his and the headmaster’s Patronuses… Well, like I said, he’s very lucky. Come get me if there is any change.” Ginny and the others nodded before Madam Pomfrey left.


“What do you think Harry was dreaming about?” Ron asked. “He was thrashing about badly. I’ve never seen him like that before. It was the same on the train.”


“Maybe it was the memory of rescuing Ginny,” Neville said. “That must have been a bad memory for him, and for you,” he added nodding at Ginny.


“I don’t think so,” Hermione said. “If it was that he would tell us. He would tell Ginny at least.”


“And what makes you think he hasn’t told me?” Ginny asked, eyebrows raised.


“Erm… well… I just…” Hermione said, lost for words. “He’s told you, then?”


“Yes, he has,” Ginny said, nodding. “But I don’t see what it’s got to do with you.”


“You know all of Harry’s secrets, then?” Hermione continued.


“Most of them,” Ginny replied.


“So, where did he learn wandless magic?” Hermione asked. Ginny frowned slightly. “You don’t know?”


“I knew he could do wandless magic,” Ginny said defensively.


“But where did he learn it.” Hermione asked. “Or hasn’t he told you?”


“What’s with the third degree?” Ginny asked.


“We were just wondering where Harry learned wandless magic, that’s all,” Hermione asked innocently.


“When he was younger apparently,” Ginny replied, shrugging, looking back at Harry.


“Apparently?” Hermione asked frowning. “You mean you don’t know when he learned it?”


“Well, no, but I did know he could do it,” Ginny said. “He showed me last year, when he was helping me.”


“But you don’t know where he learned it?” Ron asked.


“No,” Ginny said once again, shaking her head. “But why does that matter?”


“Because, Harry’s wandless magic isn’t right,” Hermione said. “It isn’t normal.”


“Since when is wandless magic normal?” Ginny asked.


“That’s not what I meant,” Hermione said gently. “Dumbledore and You-Know-Who can do wandless magic. But not like Harry does.”


“Tell her about what you found out about wandless magic,” Neville said. And Hermione nodded.


“Okay,” Hermione answered. “Say your wand is your voice box and your spell is your actually voice.” Ginny nodded along to say that she understood.


“Now, without your voice box,” Hermione continued, “You can’t speak. It’s impossible to form words. The same as its impossible for us to perform spells without our wands. In certain people’s cases, like Dumbledore’s and You-Know-Who’s, they can still make incoherent sounds. However, In Harry’s case, he can still speak perfectly.” Ginny nodded along as Hermione explained.


“And he shouldn’t be able to?” Ginny asked.


“No,” Hermione said shaking her head. “He shouldn’t.”


“Right,” Ginny said, nodding, taking in all of the information. “First off, Harry asked you kindly not to go looking about his wandless magic. Probably because he knew you would find squat about it and just be as confused about it as you are now. Not to mention all the time you lost looking for that information. You ignored his request and went behind one of your best friend’s back.


“Secondly, no, Harry might not have explained his wandless magic to me, mostly because I haven’t asked him about it. But that does not mean he’s purposely keeping secrets from me. I’m sure if I asked, he would tell me. But I’m not going to ask. I know Harry better than all of you. If he wants, or feels its right to let you in on his secrets, he will. He will come to you in his own time when he’s ready, not before. Pushing for the information will just make him trust you less.


“Thirdly, but not least,” Ginny concluded, “What makes you think, if I even did know the answers, that I would betray Harry and tell you?”


There was a sudden groan that came from Harry’s bed and Ginny turned to see Harry’s eyes slowly flick open. All the heat and anger Ginny felt from Hermione’s interrogation ebbed away as she saw Harry’s hurt and lost look in his eyes. Before she even knew what she was doing, Ginny had climbed onto the bed and lay down next to Harry. Harry’s arms snaked their way around her and pulled her even closer into him.


“I’m right here,” Ginny said gently to Harry. “Everything’s alright, I’m right here.” Ginny laid her head against Harry’s shoulder as Harry tightened his grip on her.


“Ginny…” Harry whispered out.


“I’m right here,” Ginny repeated. “I’m not going anywhere. Everything’s alright. Nothing bad is happening. You’re alright, I’m alright. Everything’s okay.”


“You’re not hurt?” Harry whispered.


“No,” Ginny replied. “I’m fine. Everything is okay. Rest.”


Harry nodded as he closed his eyes. And within a couple of seconds, Harry’s low and steady breathing returned, telling her that he was indeed, back to sleep.


“He was meant to take a dreamless sleep potion,” Hermione said.


“Harry wouldn’t have managed to drink it before falling back to sleep,” Ginny replied. “You saw that.”


“I don’t think I like seeing you two together that like,” Ron said, eyeing the way Ginny was laying next Harry.


“Oh grow up, Ron,” Ginny said. “I was comforting him from a bad memory. It isn’t like we were snogging!”


“Yeah, well,” Ron said. “Make sure that’s all you do.”


“We should tell Madam Pomfrey he woke up,” Hermione said. “If only if it was for a couple of seconds.”


“I’ll go,” Neville said getting out of his seat and walking towards the nurse’s office.


“Ginny…” Hermione started when Neville was halfway across the room.


“Don’t, alright,” Ginny replied cutting her off. “Harry will tell me in his own time. And he will tell you eventually too, but only if you stop interrogating us. I won’t tell Harry we just had this conversation. But you’d better not betray his trust in you again. He asked you to not look about wandless magic. Respect his request. Show him that he can trust you. And maybe he will tell you in his own time.”


-oOoOoOoOo-


Harry slowly opened his eyelids and the bright red hair of Ginny caught his immediate attention. Harry frowned as he looked around. He wasn’t wearing any glasses and the area around him was blurry. He could just make out the bed he and Ginny were lying on and a bed side table. Hoping his glasses were positioned on the table. Harry stretched out a hand and wandless cast the Summoning Charm. Harry felt his glasses reach his hands and he slid them on carefully. Harry once again found himself in the hospital wing.


Sighing, Harry carefully moved away from Ginny and got out of bed. The others weren’t around but when he looked up at the clock and noticed the time he realised that they were probably in the Great Hall having dinner. Harry called for Estelle gently in his mind and with a whoosh of flames Harry’s phoenix appeared at the end of Harry’s bed.


“Greetings,” Estelle said in his mind in order not to wake Ginny. “Nice to see you up.”


“Thank you,” Harry replied. “You couldn’t, by any chance, go get some clothes of mine? I really don’t want to wear this hospital gown any longer.”


Ten minutes later, Harry sat on a window sill, fully clothed, looking out over the grounds of Hogwarts. Harry looked over to the bed where Ginny still lay quietly. She was there, she was alive. Harry didn’t remember much of the match, but the memory, that was something he would never forget.


How could he have been so stupid. He should have realised that Voldemort would have had a trick up his sleeve. What Harry couldn’t believe was that Voldemort hadn’t changed the law. That was what Harry’s mistake was. He assumed too much. The duelling rules of old were that two witches or wizards fought until the death. However, in the fall of Harry’s fifth year at Hogwarts, Percy managed to get the European board of Magic to agree to a ban of deadly duels. When Voldemort took over, Harry assumed that Voldemort would take Wizarding Britain out of the European Union of Witchcraft and Wizardry. And change the law back to the old. Harry was wrong. Even though Voldemort took Wizarding Britain out of the Union, he never changed the law back. So when Harry got disarmed. Ginny became the active duellist.


Harry put his head in his arms. It was his fault that Ginny had died. His oversight, his mistake. Ginny would have never have died if it wasn’t for him. Slowly, a tear trickled down his cheek. He was to blame. He was to blame for Ginny’s death. It was his entire fault.


Suddenly Harry felt someone squeeze his hand and Harry looked up to see Ginny standing next to him. She had a sad smile on her face and when Harry gently smiled back, she leaned in and gave Harry a sweet kiss.


“Everything is alright, Harry,” Ginny said. “Whatever it was, it’s over. Just a memory.”


“How come you always know what to say?” Harry asked.


“After knowing you for so long,” Ginny said, “how could I not? You know just what to say to calm me down.” After a pause, Ginny continued. “Do you want to talk about it?”


“No,” Harry said instantly. “It’s not that I don’t trust you…”


“Sssh,” Ginny said putting a finger to Harry’s lips. “I get it, I didn’t want to talk much about the Chamber of Secrets, remember?”


“So that’s it?” Harry asked confused. “No demanding to know what it was?”


“I know that you will tell me eventually,” Ginny started. “But I also know that you like to drown in your own sorrow. So here’s the deal. I won’t push you for information, if you come to me when it gets too much. I know what it’s like to nearly drown in your own sorrow. Last year was so bad until you found out. I’m going to be here for you no matter what, just like you were there for me.”


“I don’t deserve you,” Harry whispered.


“Well, I think I don’t deserve you,” Ginny replied smiling. “So we’re even on that matter.”


Harry simply looked at Ginny before smiling. Suddenly a flash of Ginny’s body covered in the green eerie light of the killing flashed into his mind and Harry naturally jumped back in fright. Ginny looked at Harry in concern.


“Harry!”


Harry, who had shut his eyes after pulling back, opened them to see a very concerned Ginny. She’s alive, Harry kept telling himself. Stop being stupid, she’s alive!


“Sorry,” Harry muttered under his breath. He was trying desperately to get his mental shields up and to shove the memory back behind his Occlumency shields.


“Don’t be,” Ginny said gently and moved closer to him, slipping her arms around his waist. Harry grabbed on tightly and held her close.


“I love you, you know that, right,” Harry whispered into Ginny’s hair.


“Yes,” Ginny said pulling back slightly and smiling up at him. “It took me a while, but it I know that.”


“Good,” Harry replied, kissing her on the head. “Never forget it.”


“You aren’t hurt, are you?” Ginny asked, “I mean, Pomfrey healed you, but that was some crash with Malfoy.”


“A bit sore, but nothing that rest can’t handle,” Harry said and Ginny cocked an eyebrow.


“I would like to see the day you actually rest, Potter,” Ginny said with a slight grin.


“With a girlfriend like you, I wouldn’t dare not to,” Harry joked before getting a slight whack on the arm. “Careful, Weasley! Injured boyfriend here!”


“Your arms are fine,” Ginny replied. “Besides, I need to pay you back for worrying me so much!”


“But does it have to involve being physical?” Harry moaned.


“No,” Ginny answered. “It’s just more fun that way.” Harry laughed.


“Good, you’re feeling better.”


“Yes, I think I am,” Harry said smiling. “Because of you.”


“You’re sweet,” Ginny said, kissing him again. “You’re sucking up to me, but it’s sweet.”


“Isn’t that what boyfriends are meant to do?” Harry said.


“Yes,” Ginny said, “Just, not so obviously.”


Harry and Ginny spent the next half an hour talking and chatting before Madam Pomfrey came bustling over.


“Why didn’t you say that he was awake?!” Madam Pomfrey said as she placed a potion on Harry’s bedside table. “Get over here, Potter!”


“You know,” Harry said, eyeing the potion. “I’m feeling a lot better, all those potions; I don’t think it’s really necessary…”


“I’m the nurse here, Potter,” Madam Pomfrey told him. “Now get over here before I have to force this down your throat.”


Harry’s shoulders sagged as he started to walk over to his bed. He climbed on top and then reluctantly took the potion Madam Pomfrey handed him.


“It’s just a strengthening potion, Potter.” Pomfrey said as Harry poured the potion down his throat, the horrible taste making him feel like he was going to throw up.


“Why do I need a strengthening potion?” Harry asked. “I feel fine. Well, strength-wise.” Madam Pomfrey eyed him but obviously thought that Harry was being serious for once.


“I gave you a strengthening potion in your sleep to help, Potter,” she explained. “This is just to keep your strength up otherwise I expect you to be really weak. And that wouldn’t do you or Ms. Weasley any good. You wouldn’t be able to do much and Ms. Weasley would be too worried about you.”


“I suppose, to keep Ginny happy,” Harry said.


“It’s meant to keep you well,” Ginny said. “Don’t you care about your health?”


“Yes,” Harry said defensively. “A little bit anyway.”


“Well, at least that’s something,” Madam Pomfrey said as she finished tidying up. “Rest, Potter, and don’t even think about leaving this ward anytime soon. That back of yours needs rest! And I need to keep an eye on it.”


“Do I have to?” Harry moaned. “Any chance of brokering a deal like last time?”


“No,” Madam Pomfrey said sternly. “Not this time. You need bed rest; goodness knows what Gryffindor are doing to celebrate your win. No sorry, but there is no chance you are going back to that.”


“Even if Ginny promises to make sure I don’t do anything stupid?” Harry asked, pleading.


“Ms. Weasley,” Madam Pomfrey said, turning to Ginny. “Do you think that, even with you trying, that Mr. Potter here will be able to stay way from the celebrations of your win this afternoon?”


Harry looked hopefully over to Ginny, who seemed to be contemplating the question. But she didn’t even have time to answer.


“Given the fact that Ms. Weasley has to think about it, the answer is no,” Madam Pomfrey concluded. Harry sent a mock icy stare at Ginny who shrugged. “You’ll be allowed out come end of tomorrow.”


“End of tomorrow! But that’s ages away!” Harry moaned. Pomfrey ignored him.


“If you wish, I’m sure that Ginny will head back to your common room, and collect some books for you.” Pomfrey said. “Homework is totally within your grasp.”


“Oh, that makes me feel so much better,” Harry muttered.


Madam Pomfrey threw Harry a disapproving look before clearing up and heading back to her office with the empty potion bottle.


“Thanks for the support,” Harry said, disgruntled, to Ginny.


“Don’t you dare blame this on me,” Ginny said angrily. “And don’t you dare try and say you’re well enough to go to the common room. You know full well you’re not!”


“Yeah but…” Harry tried, attempting to think of anything that would change Ginny’s mind.


“I know you don’t like the hospital wing, Harry,” Ginny said, calming down. “Trust me, I dislike seeing you in it as much as you dislike being here. But it’s for your own good.” Harry finally conceded the point and relaxed a little in bed.


“So where are the others?” Harry asked Ginny. Harry doubted that they would be in the Gryffindor tower.


“They went to get some food a little over an hour ago,” Ginny told him. “Probably headed off to the library knowing Hermione.” Harry caught Ginny’s tone and raised an eyebrow.


“Oh, never mind,” Ginny said, waving off Harry’s un-asked question.


“What is it?” Harry probed.


“Promise not to get mad?” Ginny said quietly.


“Why would I get mad?” Harry asked with concern.


“Hermione asked me some questions about wandless magic,” Ginny explained.


“Ah, I see,” Harry answered. He knew that despite his warning Hermione would look for information about wandless magic. He just hoped that she hadn’t spent too much time on it. She was depending on the Time Turner way too much as it was. Harry didn’t want to give her an excuse to use it more than necessary.


“Don’t worry, I knew she was going to do this,” Harry explained to Ginny. “Even with my warning, she wouldn’t be Hermione if she didn’t.”


“Oh, good,” Ginny said, sighing. “I thought you might be upset or something.”


“No,” Harry said shaking his head. “I just wanted to try and spare Hermione the wasted time. I do take it she didn’t find anything useful?”


“She’s more confused than she was to start off with,” Ginny said. “Which you probably could have guessed and was most likely the reason why you told her not to search. She’s found out a lot about wandless magic, just none of it fits your situation.”


“That’s because my wandless magic isn’t normal,” Harry explained. “It’s very difficult to explain so I won’t get into it for now. But it’s quite literately a different kind of wandless magic then anyone knows. Or thinks is real.”


“And you can do it easily?” Ginny asked. “Why? How did you learn it?”


“Potter Manor has a huge library as you well know,” Harry explained. “I was reading some books and came across this wandless magic. I liked the idea of wandless magic so I secretly started training in it. “


“So, would Hogwarts library have anything about it?” Ginny asked.


“I doubt it,” Harry said thoughtfully. “But if it did. Not much on it, and secondly, it would take forever to find. And as it is such strong magic, it might even be in the restricted section. But to be honest, I doubt that it’s even in there. It’s very rare. The only place I know that holds it is Potter Manor. No shops I know sell it, as it’s such an old book.”


“So you don’t think Hermione will find anything?” Ginny asked


“You can never say never, but let’s just say I will be surprised if she does,” Harry explained.


“I kind of promised Hermione I wouldn’t tell you what she was doing,” Ginny said quietly.


“Don’t worry,” Harry said, taking Ginny’s hand. “I won’t tell a soul.”


-oOoOoOoOoOo-


Monday morning brought the hustle and bustle of a normal school day at Hogwarts, which to say wasn’t particularly normal to Muggle standards, but to each his own. Harry hadn’t mentioned Ginny's conversation about Hermione’s extra studying on wandless magic to his bushy haired friend. But he did keep an eye on her to make sure that she wasn’t over doing it. She had last time around worked herself too hard on classes. Harry was hoping that this time he could try and encourage her to take more time relaxing than studying. He even hoped that he could catch Hermione in the act of using the Time Turner. That way he could advise her to use it more wisely and to make sure she rested. Maybe he should accidently slip information about the Room of Requirement to her earlier than planned so she would be able to use it to rest in.


On Saturday, Harry and his friends went down to watch the next Quidditch match. Ravenclaw flayed the Hufflepuffs, which meant that Gryffindor was just behind Ravenclaw on points scored. Gryffindor’s next game would be against Ravenclaw in January and Harry was looking forward to it. He needed to make up from last year when Slytherin won the championship back. Whilst the last game of the season had been cancelled, everyone else had managed to play theirs. Snape argued that just because Gryffindor failed to play their last game shouldn’t mean that all the hard work of the other teams, especially Slytherin, should be undermined. When Dumbledore stood by his decision, Snape took a surprising procedure and went over his head to the board of governors, who shared his view and declared Slytherin Quidditch champions. It was easily said that Snape became even more hated by Gryffindor after that.


As the weeks passed by, and November faded into December, the light haze of rain that had surrounded Hogwarts turned into heavy snow. Sheets of ice started to form on the lake’s surface and the birds and animals that could be often heard from the forbidden forest quietened down for hibernation through the cold winter months.


A couple of weeks before Christmas, McGonagall came around as usual with her list of students that would be staying over the Christmas break. This time Harry and Ginny quite readily signed their names. Harry was looking forward to the Christmas break. The teachers were pushing Harry hard, and it was just like it was in his owl year.


On the last Monday of the school term, a notice was put up indicating that there would be one more Hogsmeade trip that final weekend before the Christmas Holidays. Harry was glad that hadn’t changed. He was seriously considering asking Hermione for use of her Time Turner to quell the suffering of homework the teachers had started to put him in. He was occasionally heard mumbling about wishing his secret had stayed secret, but the problem always arose on how he would explain to Hermione that he knew about the contraption. The welcome break would be a wonderful distraction.


Ginny sulked the week before the Hogsmeade visit, resigning herself to a Saturday for loneliness, Hermione suggested that Saturday was the perfect time to start doing her homework, but being a Weasley, Ginny turned white at the sudden thought of doing homework before Christmas. Like any Weasley, expect for Percy, she always left her homework to the last week of the Christmas holidays.


Ginny’s mood wasn’t any better Saturday morning, and unable to watch Ginny sulk anymore, Harry dragged her over to a quiet spot and then proceeded to hand over his Invisibility Cloak and Marauder’s Map to Ginny.


“Won’t you get expelled for this?” Ginny asked Harry as she tucked both under her robes. Harry thought for a moment and then nodded.


“Yup,” Harry answered.


“So don’t get caught?” Ginny voiced Harry’s unsaid sentence.


“Hey! I thought mind reading was my speciality!” Harry joked.


It wasn’t long before Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Neville found themselves fighting the cold weather as they walked down the high street of the only full magical village in Britain.


“Where first?” Hermione asked as she shivered against the cold. The snow that had fallen at the beginning of December had only eased up a little, and there was fresh snow on the ground.


“Somewhere warm?” Harry suggested. “The Three Broomsticks?”


“We can do that later,” Ron said. “I want to look around a couple of shops first. Get a couple of sweets for Ginny and that. She seemed awfully down when we left.”


“I might have cheered her up a little bit before coming,” Harry said.


“Too much information, Harry!” Ron replied. “She is my sister, of course!”


“I want to look around a couple of book shops…” Hermione stated.


“No surprise there,” Neville muttered.


“… So how about you three go to Zonko’s and Honeydukes whilst I go buy some quills and some books for reading over the holidays, and then we will meet up at The Three Broomsticks?” Hermione finished.


“Seems alright to me,” Harry said clapping his hands. Truthfully, he didn’t want to see Hermione’s reactions when Ginny turned up unexpectedly. And by the time they got to the pub, the teachers should have left.


It didn’t take long for Ginny to turn up. Harry and Ron were at the back of Honeydukes when Ginny suddenly appeared out of thin air in front of them. Ron jumped out of his skin when Ginny threw off the Invisibility Cloak, hand over her mouth to stop her from laughing at Ron’s reaction.


“What the hell are you doing here?” Ron almost shouted.


“Keep your voice down!” Ginny hissed. “Or do you want to see me expelled?”


“But, you’re not thirteen, you’re not meant to be here!” Ron exclaimed.


“Oh geez, I never knew that!” Ginny replied. “I did wonder why I would wear an Invisibility Cloak.” Harry just looked on at the scene with amusement in his eye.


“You knew, I take it,” Ron asked, turning to Harry.


“It is my Invisibility Cloak and Map, isn’t it?” Harry replied. “I did tell you earlier I cheered her up.”


“Yes, well,” Ron said, turning a bit red from embracement, “I thought you meant something different.”


“Oh, don’t worry,” Ginny said, smiling. “He did that too.”


“Hey guys, we better start heading back to the… Ginny!” Neville said coming round the corner and seeing the second year Gryffindor holding Harry’s hand.


“Do I even want to know?” Neville asked, raising his eyebrow.


“I was always under the impression the less you knew the less trouble you could get into,” Harry said, smiling.


“Yeah, I thought so, too,” Neville said, nodding in agreement. “But then I met you.”


Ginny chuckled before leading the three boys towards the counter to buy their sweets. They left the warmth of the shop and headed off to Zonko’s where Ginny spent a lot of time eyeing the pranking goods.


“You know Hermione is going to freak when she sees Ginny,” Neville whispered to Harry as they watched Ron and Ginny buy some pranking gear.


“Yup,” Harry said, agreeing. “Any advice?”


“Duck and cover?” Neville suggested,


“Brilliant,” Harry said wistfully.


It was all too soon that time caught up with them and the four of them made their way over to the Three Broomsticks. When they stepped through the threshold, the heat enveloped them in the warmth and glow of the pub. It was so busy that Ginny didn’t even put on the Invisibility Cloak.


“Butterbeer for everyone?” Ron suggested before moving off to the bar.


“Let’s find a table,” Neville suggested.


“I found one,” Harry said nervously as he eyed the table in the corner where Hermione was glaring daggers at Harry. “You think she noticed that Ginny was with us?”


Neville and Ginny looked in the direction Harry was looking at and saw the scowl on Hermione’s face.


“I’d think it was a safe bet, Harry,” Neville said.


“Shoot me now,” Harry muttered before leading the other two towards the table.


“Fancy meeting you here, Hermione,” Ginny said sliding into the corner booth next to Hermione.


“Do you guys want to get expelled?” Hermione hissed. “Are you actually this crazy?! No! Don’t answer that. I can’t believe you two would do such a thing.”


“You know, there are three of us here,” Harry said, sitting down with Neville following suit.


“Oh please, like Neville had anything to do with this.” Hermione retorted. “I thought pranking teachers were enough, but no, you had to go one better.”


“Ghosts to the end,” Ginny muttered quietly.


“What about Pettigrew?” Hermione asked Harry.


“What about him?” Harry replied, confused.


“What happens if he turns up today in Hogsmeade, granted you have permission to be here, but if Ginny got hurt?” Hermione asked.


“That’s not going to happen,” Harry said.


“How do you know?” Hermione asked. “I can’t believe Ron let you do this.”


“Let him do what?” Ron asked as he came over from the bar with hands full of butterbeer for the five of them.


“Ginny!” Hermione hissed at him.


“Oh,” Ron said, sitting down, “Yeah okay, I have to admit, I’d rather she not be here, but you haven’t known Ginny and Harry as long as I have, to be honest, I’m surprised they didn’t do this the first weekend.”


“The thought did cross my mind,” Harry said.


Suddenly the door opened and in came Professors McGonagall, Flitwick, Hagrid and Minister Fudge in a sea of snow. Harry looked at his watch and scowled. Surely they should have already been and left. They shouldn’t be here. They should be meeting the headmaster already!


Ginny suddenly threw the Invisibility Cloak back over herself as Hermione turned ghostly white.


“We’re going to get in so much trouble,” Hermione said.


“Relax, Hermione,” Harry said. “She’s got the Invisibility Cloak covering her.”


“But what if they come over to talk to us,” Hermione said. “They might notice Ginny!”


“Just stay calm and act like everything is fine,” Harry hissed as he waved his hand over to the tree next to them and cast a levitation spell. The tree carefully lifted up off the floor, hovered towards them, and than dropped gently in front of them, blocking them from view.


“Nice one, Harry,” Ron said before Hermione shushed him.


“The drinks are here, good,” came the minister’s voice. “Thanks, you’re a star, Rosmerta, please, come join us for one?”


“Well, I am in need of a break,” Madam Rosmerta replied. “Thank you, Minister.”


Harry was peering through the tree branches. He saw Rosmerta walk back to the bar, grab a drink and then head to the table right next to them.


“Is there a special occasion for you being here, Minister?” Rosmerta asked.


“I came to check on the security around Hogwarts and Hogsmeade,” the minister replied.


“But why?” Rosmerta asked.


“Because of Petter Pettigrew, of course!” Fudge answered. “I suppose you heard about the attacks happening up at the school, the poor Johnson girl, and then Halloween…”


“I did hear rumours,” Rosmerta said. “Johnson went to St. Mungo’s for a broken spine. But no one ever said anything about Pettigrew’s involvement.”


“Of course not,” Fudge said, “After that article that was written about stationing Dementors at Hogwarts, and the backlash. If people found out that Pettigrew still got past, there would be entire up roar. I don’t like them just as much as the next person. But they are the best defence against Pettigrew. I’d rather take heat from the press now and have all the children safe, than face the heat when Pettigrew actually murders one of the children!”


Harry snorted quietly behind his flask of butter beer. That sounded right up Fudge’s street. To others, it would sound like he was protecting the children of Wizarding Britain despite his reputation as Minister, but Harry knew better. He was just going with the situation that would cast him in the public light better. Whilst a few parents will moan about having dementors at Hogwarts, Harry couldn’t imagine the uproar if Pettigrew actually managed to kill a student. Or worse, himself.


“Whilst it is true Pettigrew manage to get pass the Dementors, they are also the reason why no one is dead,” Fudge continued. “Dementors managed to sense Pettigrew on the school grounds and arrived at the situation quickly enough to flush Pettigrew away. They didn’t manage to catch him that time, but mark my words; he will be caught soon, especially if he keeps to sticking around Hogsmeade and Hogwarts.”


“Even after all the Dementors have done protecting the students, Dumbledore still won’t let them inside the school grounds,” Fudge added as an afterthought.


“I should hope not!” McGonagall replied hotly. “Teaching would be a nightmare with those horrors floating around the students.”


“True, true,” Fudge said, nodding. “But still, they are protecting you from something much worse than memories. We know how cunning and ruthless Pettigrew can be.”


“I’m still having trouble believing it,” Rosmerta said. “It was difficult thinking that Black had killed all those Muggles, but Peter Pettigrew?”


“No one suspected him,” Fudge said. “Not even Dumbledore. But killing those Muggles is only half of it. The worst is less known to people.”


“Worse than killing thirteen Muggles, and then setting your best friend up to take the fall?” Rosmerta said. “I’m struggling to believe that, Minister. What could possible be worse?”


“You remember the friends he had at Hogwarts?” McGonagall asked Rosmerta, who nodded.


“Of course, James Potter, Sirius Black, and Remus Lupin, best friends and one of the worst set of troublemakers I’ve ever seen,” Rosmerta said.


“I dunno,” Hagrid interjected, “Yeh haven’t seen any of the pranks, the Weasley twins, their sister Ginny, and Harry do. Did the four of ‘em ever turn the whole student body in teh animals? The Ghosts of the Marauders, that’s what they call themselves, after Harry’s father’s group.”


“Quite, yes,” McGonagall said. “Although those four have a lot to do if they ever want to be mentioned in the same breath as the Marauders. But Sirius and James were closer to each other than Pettigrew or Lupin. Brothers in arms in everything!”


“Pettigrew might have resented that fact, jealous even, that they were closer together, maybe he wanted to pull them apart, and god only knows Pettigrew’s motives. Pettigrew was even at the Potters wedding!” Fudge said


“Dumbledore knew there was a spy around the Potters, but no one knew who,” McGonagall stated.


“Exactly, so the Potters went into hiding,” Fudge continued. “Not many people knew that the Potters were aware that You-Know-Who was after them. But Dumbledore had many useful spies around that time, and one of them informed him of You-Know-Who’s intention to go after the Potters. So they went into hiding, Dumbledore casting the Fidelius charm to protect them.


“How does that work?” Rosmerta asked, intrigued.


“An immensely complex spell,” Professor Flitwick said as he entered into the conversation, “that involves hiding a secret in the soul of a person. Once the spell has been cast, only that person who had agreed to hide the secret would be allowed to reveal it. Anyone else would find it impossible to do so. In this case, the secret would be where the Potters were living. As long as the Secret Keeper refused to speak, You-Know-Who would never be able to find them. Not even if he was standing in their front garden!”


“So the spell was cast, and Black was the Secret Keeper,” Fudge said. “James wouldn’t have had it any other way. I remember a rumor saying that even Dumbledore suggested himself as Secret Keeper.”


“He did indeed,” McGonagall said, nodding. “But the Potters were adamant that Black would be their Secret Keeper. They trusted no one else more.”


“But then how did You-Know-Who find the Potters?” Rosmerta asked.


“It was a decision by Black that caused it,” McGonagall said. “Not that I’m blaming Black, of course, he could never have seen it coming. Not even Dumbledore suspected Pettigrew, but after a week, Black convinced the Potters to change Secret Keepers.”


“Why?” Rosmerta asked.


“Because everyone knew that Potter and Black were best friends. Brothers in everything but blood! Did you know that Black even stayed at the Potters after he ran away from home?” McGonagall answered.


“So the Potters, agreeing with Black, secretly changed keepers,” Fudge said. “They told no one. Not even Dumbledore knew. The only people who knew were the Potters, Black, and the new Secret Keeper. Pettigrew.


“Pettigrew?” Rosmerta hissed in shock. “Pettigrew became their Secret Keeper?”


“Unfortunately yes,” Fudge said darkly. “And the very same day Pettigrew was made Secret Keeper, he sold his old friends and Harry to You-Know-Who. He turned up the very next night. And well, you all heard the stories of that night.”


“Little Peter Pettigrew, selling his friends to You-Know-Who… I knew he was a Death Eater, but still!” Rosmerta said in disgust. “I can’t believe it.”


“I know, nor could I.” Fudge said. “I still regret, to this day, that we sent the wrong man to prison. You see, Black obviously knew what had happened and how it had happened. He blamed himself, and in his anger he went after Pettigrew, but Pettigrew still out-smarted everyone, even then. When Black finally managed to track Pettigrew down, Pettigrew was once again one step ahead of him. He screamed, so the Muggles could hear, that Black betrayed the Potters, put his wand behind his back, cut off his finger, and then blew up half the street whilst he transformed into his Animagus form, a rat.”


“Quite fitting for him,” Rosmerta said.


“Indeed,” Fudge replied. “Black, of course, was shell shocked; this all happened in the space of ten seconds. I saw Black’s memory of the event, after Pettigrew was caught years later. Not many people could have reacted or stopped Pettigrew. It was only seconds later that myself and hit wizards turned up on the scene. Black was standing there, laughing. I think the stress and the trauma that Black went through in losing his friends in the space of a couple of hours unhinged Black for a while. After seeing the scene and seeing Black laughing. I immediately order his arrest. I feel guilty for jumping the gun so soon. But after seeing the scene and Black laughing, well, what was I supposed to think?


“After the clean up started I managed to find time to go talk to Dumbledore, who confirmed that Black was the Secret Keeper of the Potters. With so much evidence pointing to Black being the culprit, I decided to forgo a trial. I thought, in the aftermath of Voldemort’s demise, a trial, which I thought would be black and white, would be a waste of time and energy which could be spent rounding up more Death Eaters. So I agreed with Crouch, and sent Black straight to Azkaban without a trial. A mistake I have to live with the rest of my life.”


“So how did you catch Pettigrew?” Rosmerta asked. “It was quite a few years later, wasn’t it?”


“Five and a half, in fact,” Fudge said. “Harry Potter had turned up at the Weasley’s, surprisingly. He had a nightmare and went out for some fresh air and got lost. He was staying at the local orphanage.”


“What was Harry doing at an orphanage!” Hagrid asked, outraged. “Anyone would have been happy to take him into their home!”


“I know, Hagrid, I know,” Fudge explained. “The Ministry still thought that Potter was staying at his aunt and uncle’s in Surrey. When we looked into the situation after Pettigrew was found, we found out that Potter’s uncle had been very abusive. On Harry’s sixth birthday, there was a call to the Muggle police, from the Dursley’s next door neighbours. When the Muggle police turned up, they heard the screams of Harry through the front door. They kicked down the door and saw his uncle beating Harry, who was curled up half way up the stairs, with a wooden bat.”


There was a cry of anguish from not only McGonagall and Rosmerta, but from Hermione, Ron, Neville, and Ginny.


“Of course, we found this all out after Pettigrew was caught,” Fudge explained. “Harry had turned up at the Weasley’s, who of course, called straight for Dumbledore. He himself, brought Remus Lupin, remember, the old friend of Potter, Black, and Pettigrew. I believe he is teaching at Hogwarts now, actually.”


“Indeed he is,” McGonagall confirmed.


“When Dumbledore turned up with Remus to investigate why Harry was at the Weasley’s, Remus Lupin recognised the rat immediately and informed Dumbledore,” Fudge said. “Peter had been hiding as Percy Weasley’s pet since framing Black. Dumbledore performed the necessary spells and Pettigrew was suddenly standing alive in front of the Weasleys, Dumbledore, and Remus. Dumbledore immediately, in precaution, as he had no idea why Pettigrew would be pretending to be dead, bound Peter and called for Aurors. When the Aurors arrived, Dumbledore had already questioned Peter and informed the Aurors of what he had found. Peter was sent to the Ministry, where he was given Veritaserum. He then confirmed the story I just told you.”


“Black was immediately released with full apology from the Ministry, and Pettigrew was sent in his place,” Fudge finished.


“So why has he escaped now?” Rosmerta asked. “You don’t think he’s planning on going back to You-Know-Who?”


“We think that’s his eventual plan, yes,” Fudge said solemnly. “But his first agenda is what cost him his life to begin with. The one person who caused Pettigrew’s double life of a spy to come crashing down. To cause him to hide as a rat for years: Harry Potter. He’s after Harry Potter. I believe he thinks that the only thing stopping Voldemort from coming back is Potter himself. Plus, if Potter hadn’t unexpectedly turned up at the Weasley’s that night, Pettigrew would never have been found. So not only is Pettigrew blaming Harry for his master’s downfall, but also for his capture as well. Once he achieved it, I feel his plan would be then yes, to go after You-Know-Who. I shudder at the thought, if that ever happened. You-Know-Who alone and powerless is one thing. But give him someone to do his bidding, and I hate to think how fast he would rise to power once more.”


“Well,” McGonagall said. “I believe we need to start heading back. The feast will be starting soon and if you are dining with us at Hogwarts tonight, Minister, then we should get a move on.”


And so, the group of teachers, minus Rosmerta, made their way out of the pub, leaving Harry and the others in silence.


“Harry….” Ginny whispered.


“Not now,” Harry said. “Let’s get back to the castle.”


“You need to talk about this!” Hermione said.


“We will,” Harry said anger in his voice now. “Just not somewhere where anyone can hear us. Ginny, we will meet you back in the common room.”


“But…” Ginny said desperately.


“Go!”


-oOoOoOoOo-


By the time Harry and the others got back to the common room there was no time to talk, as the end of term feast would be starting soon. So Harry and his friends got washed and ready to go down to the Great Hall. Not one of Harry’s friends mentioned what they learned that afternoon in the pub. They respected that Harry wanted privacy and talking about what they had learned in the middle of the Great Hall wasn’t the best policy. Once the feast was done, Dumbledore sent the students back up to their houses, and Harry headed straight to bed. He wasn’t exactly avoiding the others; it’s just that he didn’t know what to say to them. How would his friends react knowing that Pettigrew sold himself and his parents out to Voldemort? Or worse yet, his uncle’s treatment of him? He couldn’t believe that Fudge had told his professors, and Madam Rosmerta, about his family’s past. How would they react?


The next morning Harry woke up rather early. Resigning to the fact that he wouldn’t get back to sleep, Harry got dressed and headed down to the common room. No one was up and he had the whole common room to himself. Harry sat in front of the fire and wondered if his professors would say anything. He hoped not. He spent years keeping that information a secret and he didn’t want to suddenly start talking about it. And he didn’t want anyone else to know. What if they told someone else? What if they told the whole faculty and Snape found out? He couldn’t let that happen. Plucking up the courage, Harry strode out of the common room and towards McGonagall’s office.


When Harry arrived he wondered if the had came too early. Would Professor McGonagall be awake? With only one way to find out, he gently knocked on the door. A few seconds later, McGonagall opened the door and a look of shock came over her features before she quickly grabbed her composure.


“Potter,” McGonagall said. “I wanted a word with you, actually. Please come in.” Harry nodded and followed McGonagall into her office


“Please have a seat,” McGonagall said, sitting back behind her desk. Harry spotted the chair in front and sat down.


“If this is anything about yesterday and what you learned at the pub, then I would just like to state that no, I do not wish to discuss those issues,” Harry said. McGonagall frowned slightly before speaking.


“Harry,” she started gently and Harry noticed that name change, “I’m sorry that you had to overhear that. And I’m sorry we didn’t think about talking more privately about the matter. I wasn’t aware that you were within hearing distance.”


“I’m not mad at you, Professor,” Harry stated. “I am, however, really pissed off at Fudge. I did not come here this morning to talk about Pettigrew or what happened the night my parents died, or the night Pettigrew was captured. I came here to make sure that what you learned about my uncle stays with you and is not breathed to anyone else.”


“Do you not wish to talk about what happened, Harry?” McGonagall asked.


“No,” Harry said firmly. “That is why I came here today. I have not even thought about my aunt or uncle in years, and Fudge had no right to tell any of you what happened. No one knew and I want it to stay that way. What happened between me and my relatives is between me and my relatives. Sirius knew, and Dumbledore knew, they were the only two people who needed to know. What you learned yesterday was a private matter and I hope that it stays that way.”


“Indeed, Harry,” McGonagall said nodding. “I promise never to talk to anyone about what I learned about your aunt and uncle. And if you would like, I could talk to Madam Rosmerta and Professor Flitwick to make sure what we discussed, stays between just us.”


“Thank you,” Harry said nodding. “Now I need to go talk to Hagrid.”


It was only ten minutes later that he found himself sitting in Hagrid’s hut, talking to Hagrid.


“I just can’t believe they would do that to yeh,” Hagrid said, shaking his head. “You’re such a kind and honest person, who cares for all his friends.”


“I know, Hagrid,” Harry said gently, “But my aunt and uncle aren’t very nice people, and they hate magic. Just be glad I’m no longer with them.”


“I blame myself, yeh know,” Hagrid said. “I brought you to the Dursley’s from your parents’ house.”


Harry looked sharply up at that. He had always known that Hagrid knew him when he was a baby, but he never knew it was Hagrid himself that took him to the Dursley’s. He always thought it was Dumbledore.


“T’was Dumbledore’s decision, mind you,” Hagrid explained. “But I was the one who got you from your ruined house. Sirius was there too. He begged me to give yeh to him. I wish I had. It would have saved yeh two a lot of hurt, but I was on Dumbledore’s orders to take yeh to yer aunt and uncle’s. How could you ever forgive me?”


“Hagrid,” Harry said gently. “What happened wasn’t your fault. It was no one’s fault but the Dursleys.”


“But McGonagall said they weren’t nice people!” Hagrid moaned. “She heard what Dumbledore was doing and was there with Dumbledore when I arrived. She told us how horrible those Muggles where. And we still left yeh with them.”


So McGonagall was there too? No wonder she wanted to speak with him. But yet again, as with Hagrid, it wasn’t her fault. She tried to warn Dumbledore and he ignored her. But even Dumbledore didn’t know the extent the Dursleys would go to.


“Listen, Hagrid,” Harry said. “Do not blame yourself for what happened to me. It is no one’s fault but my aunt’s and uncle’s. The reason I came down here now was to ask you to never mention what happened again. I’ve talked to Sirius and Dumbledore about it and I’ve moved on. I don’t want to talk about them.”


“Of course,” Hagrid said roughly. “I understand; I wouldn’t want to talk about it either.”


There was a slight tapping at the window and Harry looked up to see a Ministry owl with a letter. Harry got up and accepted the letter before handing it over to Hagrid. He opened the letter and a look of shock and disbelieve covered his face.


“Hagrid?” Harry asked. “What is it?” Hagrid didn’t answer, but he just handed the letter over to Harry.


Dear Mr Hagrid,
We were informed about an incident involving a Hippogriff and a student of yours, Mr Potter. After looking into the incident we have accepted that you hold no responsibility about what happened. However, we have decided to up hold the complaint of Mr Lucius Malfoy on the attack on the Boy-Who-Lived and the matter will be taken to the Committee for the disposal of Dangerous Creatures.
The hearing will take place the 20th April, and we ask for yourself and the Hippogriff in question to be present at the Committees office in London at that date. In the mean time, the Hippogriff should be isolated and tied up to ensure the safety of your students.
Yours in fellowship…


Stupid, idiotic Malfoy! So was this his plan to get back at Harry for attacking him? To get his father to kill a Hippogriff? If it didn’t make Hagrid so upset, he would have laughed. Unfortunately, he also knew the likely outcome of said trial. Malfoy was not going to get away with this. And he was going to be damn sure Buckbeak got off!


“We’ll help,” Harry said to Hagrid. “I’ll explain things to the others. I’ll get Sirius to hire one of the best lawyers there is. I’ll testify at the hearing. I won’t let this happen.”


“You’re a good kid, Harry,” Hagrid said. “Thank you.”


“Don’t mention it,” Harry said, smiling. “Look, I better head back to the others. They’ll probably be wondering where I am.”


“Sure, Harry,” Hagrid replied. “You go up and enjoy your holidays.”


“I mean what I said, Hagrid,” Harry said, standing up. “We will help you.”


-oOoOoOoOo-


Harry stood outside the portrait hole, wondering if he really wanted to do this. There was a reason he had never told his friends about the Dursleys. He didn’t want their sympathy. And he had no idea how they would react. Hermione would be shocked; Ron wouldn’t know how to react so he would act if nothing is wrong. Neville, well, harry didn’t have a clue how he would react. And Ginny already knew.


Bracing himself, Harry asked the Fat Lady to open up and he stepped into the common room. Harry instantly saw the others, since they were they only ones there. Everyone else must have already left for the holidays.


“Harry!” Ginny sad getting up and going over to him. “Where have you been?” she asked as she pulled him into a hug.


“About,” Harry said quietly. “Went to talk to McGonagall and Hagrid.”


“You told them that we were listening?” Ron asked.


“Yeah, but I think they were too occupied with the news about my uncle,” Harry said.


“About that...” Hermione started.


“Don’t, Hermione,” Harry said as he walked over to them with Ginny and sat down with her. “I don’t want to talk about them.”


“You have to talk to someone!” Hermione said.


“I did,” Harry explained. “What happened with my aunt and uncle was bad, yes. But it’s in the past. It happened years ago. I’ve spoken to both Sirius and Dumbledore about what happened with them. I hadn’t thought about the Dursleys in years. So if you please, can you not mention them again?”


“You’ve spoken to Dumbledore?” Neville said.


“Yes, so if you please…” Harry said.


“Fine,” Hermione answered. “We’ll talk about Pettigrew instead then. You mustn’t go after him.”


“Because he isn’t worth your life,” Ron continued.


“What you heard was bad,” Neville said.


“But Pettigrew is a killer,” Hermione finished, “and he’s not worth it.”


“I’ve already promised Ginny I wouldn’t go after him,” Harry explained.


“But that was before you found out he betrayed your parents,” Ginny said.


“Oh,” Harry said understanding. “You think I didn’t already know about the rat’s betrayal.”


“You knew?” Hermione asked.


“You seriously think, with Pettigrew escaping from Azkaban, that Sirius wouldn’t have told me?” Harry asked them. “Even if you don’t take into account that I knew of his betrayal even before then, he would have at least told me after Pettigrew escaped. No, everything you guys learned yesterday, I already knew.”


“Now, I already promised that I wouldn’t go looking for Pettigrew. However, if Pettigrew finds me, you can be sure to know that I will not run away from him. I will fight him, and he will be punished for what he did to my parents.”


“But Harry…” Ginny said.


“No buts, Ginny,” Harry said firmly. “Not this time. I promised that I wouldn’t look for him. However, if it happens that he finds me… Well, let’s just say he will have one pissed off wizard to face.
Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear