Search:

SIYE Time:7:27 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 397001; Chapter Total: 7634
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
AN: See! I told you the next chapter wouldn’t be such a long wait! Shorter than the last chapter yes, but the wait! Well, it’s just been over a week! I said I was back and I meant it! On to the next chapter!!!!!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


The next morning Harry got up early and went downstairs in order to not wake up Ron or Neville. When he got down there, however, he noticed he wasn’t alone. Hermione laid sprawled over her desk, school books and old parchment littering the place. Sighing, Harry went to wake her up.


“Hmm, what is it?” Hermione mumbled, waking up. Noticing that Harry was sitting with her, Hermione suddenly sat up straighter. “Harry, what you doing up so early?


“Don’t act like nothing is wrong,” Harry said. Hermione look at him in confusion.


“What do you mean?” Hermione asked. “Nothing’s wrong.


Harry sighed before continuing. “Okay, so you think there’s nothing wrong with you sleeping down here in the common room with school books around you.”


“I just got a lot of work and little time,” Hermione muttered, causing Harry to laugh.


“Hermione!” Harry said, exasperated. “You have all the bloody time in the world. Or did you hand your Time Turner back?”


To say the look on Hermione’s face was priceless would be an understatement. Shaking his head, Harry stood up, pulling Hermione with him.


“What are you doing, Harry?” Hermione asked. “And how did you know about the Time Turner?”


“Don’t worry, I won’t tell Ginny, Ron or Neville,” Harry said as he pulled Hermione through the portrait hole.


“Where are we going, it’s still curfew!” Hermione scolded.


“Only for one more hour,” Harry replied. “Plus, you need to know this.”


“Know what?” Hermione asked. “You didn’t answer how you knew about the Time Turner!”


“For people who know Time Turners exist, it’s quite easy to figure it out, Hermione,” Harry explained as he turned a corner. “I mean, it’s the only way you can be in two places at once. Well, that or the duplicate spell. But then, you don’t learn what your duplicate is learning so that kind of defeats the objective, doesn’t it?”


Harry led Hermione along the corridor until he got to a familiar blank wall. He smiled at Hermione before walking backwards and forwards three times.


“What are you….?” Hermione started but trailed off as a door appeared out of nowhere.


“Hermione,” Harry said, bowing, “welcome to the Room of Requirement, the only room in the castle that can adapt to your needs.”


“Adapt to my needs?” Hermione asked.


“Yes,” Harry said, walking into the room. The room had a massive desk right next to a roaring fire. There were comfy chairs around the desk, and there was a bed in the opposite corner. It was small, but was rather homely.


“Wow,” Hermione said, looking around the room. “So when you say adapt to your needs?”


“Name a book you might need to do research,” Harry told her.


“Well any books on hippogriff trials would be useful,” Hermione said. Suddenly there was a bookcase against one of the walls. Hermione shot Harry a look before going over to look at the books. All of them were books about old court cases.


“The Room of Requirement will give you anything you require,” Harry explained. “Whether that may be some books to do research, a bed to rest in, or simple somewhere to do your homework. It will adapt to your needs. But you can’t take anything out of the room, unless it began life outside the room. For example, these books would just disappear if you would try and take them from the room.


“The reason I’m showing you this, is not so you can do more research, or a place to do homework. Although you can if need be. If you look over to the corner you can see a bed; I want you to use it. Hermione, this past term you have been running yourself ragged. I would try and convince you to drop a few subjects if I ever thought I would be able to, but I know you wouldn’t.”


“Drop a few subjects?” Hermione asked, scandalised. “I can’t do that, Harry!”


“Why not!” Harry shot back. “This past term has been horrid for you. Can you remember the last time you have had a good night’s sleep? You’re taking on too much! Drop Divination! You hate that subject. Drop Muggle Studies! For God’s sake, you’re Muggleborn, you know everything!”


“I’m not dropping the subjects,” Hermione said stubbornly.


“Fine,” Harry said. “But at least use this room! If it gets too much and you’re tired, use your Time Turner and come back for some hours of rest! Please promise me you will use this room. You need to rest. Even you can admit that last term was too much.”


“I’ll admit,” Hermione said, “I was glad when the holidays got here. Thank you for showing me the room. And I will use it, yes.”


“Good,” Harry said. “Just don’t go breaking down on us because you’ve taken on too much. Take breaks.”


“I will,” Hermione said. “Thank you.”


“You’re welcome,” Harry said.


-oOoOoOoOo-


The next couple of days found Harry and the others lounging around the common room, looking up court cases involving Hippogriffs. Harry had told them about Hagrid’s letter from the Ministry and the resulting case being brought towards Buckbeak.


“This is absurd,” Hermione said, outraged. “Malfoy wasn’t injured, or anything serious. Why did he go complain to his dad and get him to do this?”


“Payback,” Harry replied. Harry had thought about Hermione’s question ever since he found out about the case and that was the only explanation he could think of. “He hated that I embarrassed him in front of the whole school. He knows that I’m close to Hagrid. This is his version of payback.”


“Hey!” Neville said, getting the others’ attention. “I got a case here where the hippogriff got off. Oh, no, the person who owned him traded him away before the court case. The committee sent the person to Azkaban for a whole year instead.”


Small things like that kept popping up all over, but sadly, none of them would help in Buckbeak’s situation. But that didn’t stop them from looking. Harry was adamant that Buckbeak would be saved like last time.


Whilst the five of them looked up long lost court dates that had anything to do with hippogriffs, the rest of the castle was in the full Christmas spirit. Trees and tinsel had appeared on the first day of the holidays, along with holly and mistletoe, the latter of which Harry and Ginny kept finding themselves under. And whilst most of the castle had gone home for the holidays due to the dementors surrounding the school grounds, a few people, like Harry and his friends, had stayed for Christmas.


Harry couldn’t wait to see Ginny’s face when she saw her Christmas present from him. But he also worried slightly about Ron and how he would react to the cost of Ginny’s present. He had written to Sirius a couple of weeks ago and he had agreed to get the Christmas present from Diagon Alley for him. He was sure Ginny would love it. But Ron might have a fit.


Christmas morning Harry was rudely awakened as Ron threw a pillow at him. Grunting and groaning Harry got out of bed before using the loo to empty his bladder. Once he was finished he came back in to see Ron already opened half his present.


“Impatient, much?” Harry asked him, settling down on his bed and grabbing a parcel.


“Come on, Harry!” Ron exclaimed. “It’s Christmas. Thanks for the chocolates, man.”


“Any time,” Harry said, smiling before opening his parcel up to find his usual Weasley jumper, which he put on immediately. He also got some Mince pies, home baked from Mrs. Weasley herself. He also got some Christmas cake and a box of nut brittle.


From Ron he received the basic sweets and the Chudley Canons collective items that Ron always gave. Hermione gave him a Sneakoscope. Harry supposed the Sneakoscope was to tell him if Pettigrew was anywhere near him. The twins followed through with their usual pranking gear and Neville got him a small plant that was said to help relax the mind. Ginny manage to get him a brand new watch, it had broke the previous quidditch match when he had dived of his broom


When Harry finally opened all his presents he looked down and noticed a long thin package. Harry furrowed his forehead in confusion. Understanding occurred to him and he grabbed the package and started to walk down the common room.


“Where you going?” Ron asked.


“To give Ginny her present,” Harry answered. Sirius must have put his name on the package rather than Ginny's. He couldn’t believe Sirius had made such an easy mistake. He walked down to the common room and waited for Ginny to finish opening her presents. He didn’t have to wait long until he heard the banging of footsteps coming down the stairs.


Ginny arrived in the common room in a flash, carrying a long silky black Firebolt in her hand, a look of disbelief on her face.


“You bought me a Firebolt!” She said, shocked as she saw that Harry was in the common room. “You actually bought me a freaking Firebolt! Are you nuts?” Confusion swept over Harry.


“Wait a second,” Harry said, looking between Ginny and seeing her brand new Firebolt and then looking at the package in his hand. Harry slowly unwrapped his package to find another Firebolt exactly the same as Ginny’s.


“You bought yourself a Firebolt, too?” Ginny asked. “What’s wrong with your Nimbus?”


“I didn’t buy this for me,” Harry said. Then he frowned when he realised that this was the last present he had at the end of his bed and he hadn’t received a present from Sirius yet.


“Sirius bought this for me,” Harry said in awe. “I asked Sirius to get you a Firebolt for Christmas from me, since I couldn’t get there. Why the hell did he buy me one? I’ve got a good enough broom.”


“You’re moaning that you got a Firebolt?” Ron asked. “Blimey, Harry, this is an international broom! The Quidditch league has announced that the Firebolt will be the broom the teams use at next summer’s World Cup!


“You didn’t expect Sirius to get you the broom?” Hermione asked.


“Well no,” Harry said. “Not moaning though. Like Ron said. This is the best broom on the market. Wait until Wood hears that he’s got two Firebolts on his team.”


“I can’t accept this!” Ginny said, holding out the Firebolt to Harry. “Take it back.” Harry’s face fell.


“What?” Harry asked confused.


“I can’t accept this,” Ginny said. “It costs too much!”


“Who cares how much it cost as long as you enjoy it,” Harry told her gently.


“Must be nice to not have to care about money,” Ron said quietly.


“That’s not what I meant, and you know it,” Harry said heatedly to Ron before turning back to Ginny. “Please Ginny, just accept it. You needed a broom. I wanted to give you the best. I can afford the best. So why not give the girl I love the best I can get her?”


“Are you really sure?” Ginny whispered.


“Please!” Harry said, smiling at her. Ginny smiled, then suddenly jumped at Harry, capturing his lips with hers and giving him a warm loving fiery kiss.


“I love you, Harry Potter!” Ginny exclaimed. “My very own broom! I can’t believe it. My very own broom! And a Firebolt!”


“You spoil her,” Ron said. “You know that, right?”


“Yeah, but isn’t that what I’m meant to do?” Harry replied.


“Damn straight you are, Potter!” Ginny said. “Now go get changed, we’re going outside to test this!”


“It’s snowing!” Harry said.


“Yeah, and Christmas dinner is starting soon!” Ron said just after Harry.


“Don’t be such babies!” Ginny said. “Now I want to try out my broom. Don’t you want to try yours out too, Harry?”


“Sure!” Harry said. “But it’s so cold outside!”


“Your point?” Ginny said shrugging. “Just cast Warming Charms on all of us!”


“But… Wait, no, that could work,” Harry said frowning.


“And you’d let me try out one of your Firebolts?” Ron said awed.


“No way,” Ginny said, causing Ron to look dejected.


“Don’t worry,” Harry said. “I’ll take my Nimbus as well. Then after a little bit we’ll swap so I’m on the Nimbus and you’re on the Firebolt.”


“You’re my favourite brother, you know that, right!” Ron said, shooting upstairs.


“Do you think it’s wise doing this?” Hermione asked him.


“What you mean?” Harry asked her. “It’s not that cold!”


“No, I meant, are you sure that Firebolt came from Sirius?” Hermione asked him.


“Trust me,” Harry said chuckling, “only Sirius would think it’s good buying me the most expensive broom for Christmas when I already have a broom.”


“You don’t think that maybe Pettigrew could have sent that to you? I mean, there was no note, why would Sirius send a broomstick with no note?” Hermione wondered.


“Pettigrew?” Harry laughed. “If we ignore all the facts that he’s the most wanted man in Britain and couldn’t walk into Quality Quidditch Supplies and buy the broom without being recognised, he has no where near the amount of the money to buy the broom in the first place. Plus, I would then have two broomsticks.”


“Maybe Sirius didn’t send you a broomstick for Christmas,” Hermione said thoughtfully.


“If he didn’t send me the Firebolt,” Harry said, getting slightly annoyed, “then what present did Sirius get me? Or, are you suggesting Sirius forgot to get me a Christmas present? Look, Hermione, I know you care. But there’s no way Pettigrew could have sent this to me.”


“I suppose you’re right,” Hermione said slowly. “I just don’t want you hurt.”


“Alright,” Ron said, coming back down the stairs with the Nimbus. “Lunch first, and then the Quidditch pitch!”


“Lunch first?” Ginny asked.


“Its eleven thirty,” Ron said. “Christmas dinner will be soon!”


“He has a point,” Hermione said. “Why don’t we wait and have Christmas dinner, and then go down to the Quidditch pitch.”


“We still get to play, right?” Ginny asked.


“Yes, Ginny,” Harry said. “We’ll go down after we’ve had Christmas dinner, this way we should be able to stay out there longer, if it doesn’t start blowing a blizzard out there. It’s only a little snow at the moment.”


“Alright by me then,” Ginny said. “I’ll pop my broomstick back upstairs.” She turned and headed towards the girls’ dormitory. Harry, too, went to his own dormitory to replace his Firebolt. Ron followed him, thinking a Firebolt needed extra protection.


Harry placed his Firebolt on his bed before an idea sprang to mind and he opened his trunk.


“What’s up, Harry?” Ron asked by the door.


“Merry Christmas,” Harry said, standing back up and holding out his Nimbus.


“What?” Ron asked, confused.


“The Nimbus, take it, it’s yours,” Harry told him. “I don’t need two broomsticks. And even if I didn’t ask for the Firebolt, I’d be stupid not to use it in matches.”


“No way,” Ron said. “I can’t!”


“If you don’t take it, all it’s going to do is sit at the bottom of my trunk,” Harry explained. “Plus, all I got you was a box of chocolates. This is a much better present.”


“I don’t need it,” Ron said.


“It’s not charity, Ron if that’s what your thinking,” Harry explained. “It’s not ever going to get used anymore! I got a Firebolt! Who would use a Nimbus when they have a Firebolt? So why not give it to my favourite brother!”


“You’re serious?” Ron asked him.


“Of course!” Harry replied and Ron gingerly took the broom.


“Wow,” Ron said. “Thanks, mate.”


Ron’s stomach rumbled, reminding the boys of what time it was and so they headed back down to meet the girls before walking to the Great Hall. As Harry suspected, the Great Hall tables were pushed to the side and only one table stood in the middle of the Great Hall.


“Greetings,” Dumbledore said, standing up. “Please, come, sit. We decided not to use the house tables. Seems such a waste with so few people.” Harry and the others sat down at the table where the rest of the staff was minus Remus. It was unfortunately that time of the month again.


“Please help yourself,” Dumbledore said, nodding at the food that was on the table. “And don’t forget to pull your crackers! After all, it’s not everyday you get to pull crackers, is it? Severus?” Dumbledore handed one end of his cracker to Snape, who reluctantly pulled.


About ten minutes into the meal the front doors on the Great Hall burst open and, as Harry expected, in walked Professor Trelawney.


“Sybill, what a pleasant surprise,” Dumbledore said as he rose from his chair.


“I have been crystal gazing, Headmaster,” Professor Trelawney spoke. “And I saw myself walking down the corridors to come dine with you all. And who am I to ignore fate’s wishes? So I hastened from my tower and I do beg of you for my lateness.”


“Not at all, not at all,” Dumbledore said, getting out his wand and summoning up a chair. “Please, sit, before the turkey gets too cold.”


“Oh my,” Trelawney said as she sat down. “There are thirteen of you! No wonder fate wanted me to make an appearance here this afternoon. After all, when thirteen dine together, the first to rise is the first to die!”


“I suppose we’re very lucky for fate’s interference,” Dumbledore said, smiling at Trelawney. McGonagall scowled. Trelawney looked around the table before she spoke again.


“Where is dear Professor Lupin?” Trelawney asked as she helped herself to some of the stuffing.


“Sick,” Dumbledore replied.


“Is he okay?” Ron asked, causing the table to look towards them.


“I dare say he will be fine in a couple of days,” Dumbledore said smiling. “Severus, you gave him his potion?” Snape nodded.


“Then all should be well,” Dumbledore finished.


“Maybe, but I’ve been looking in my crystal ball, and things look bleak,” Trelawney said. “Professor Lupin is not long for this world, I’m afraid.”


“How many others are you planning of predicting their deaths, Sybill?” McGonagall asked, annoyed.


“I just say what the fates allow me to tell,” Trelawney answered. “Of course, I try and act like I do not have the Inner Eye. You do not know how tedious things are when you know how things are going to turn out.”


“And how are things going to turn out, Professor?” Harry asked innocently. Dumbledore looked up, intrigued, from his plate as he eyed Harry.


“Mr. Potter,” Trelawney said, addressing Harry, “to know one’s own future is a terrible burden, to know that your actions might cause terrible hurt.”


“I’m of the firm belief that the future is not set in stone and our actions can change said future,” Harry replied “Otherwise, well, one could say that there no such thing as free will, as things are going to happen that way and there’s nothing anyone could do.”


“You hit the nail on the head, young Mr. Potter,” Trelawney replied. “That conversation has been going around the Divination social network for eons. It’s the number one debate on the subject. Is the future set in stone? One might argue that the future is not set in stone. After all, what is the point of receiving predictions of the future if one can not do anything about said predictions? Others say that the predications are mealy a forewarning of what is to come. Therefore we can prepare for the events that will happen. Good or bad.”


“As interesting as the subject is, I believe its time for a change,” McGonagall inserted and the conversation turned lighter.


After almost three hours, and after Ron helped himself to third helpings, Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione left the table to go to the Quidditch pitch. Harry was glad to see that Hermione left with them and didn’t stay behind to talk to McGonagall. This time he knew that Sirius definitely didn’t curse his broomstick.


When they got to the Quidditch pitch Hermione left to go watch from the stands as Ron, Ginny, and Harry held their broomsticks.


“I promise not to break this, Harry,” Ron said as he mounted the broom.


“Don’t worry, mate,” Harry said as he mounted his own. “It’s your broomstick now.”


“Come on, slow pokes!” Ginny shouted at them and Harry looked up to see Ginny already on her broom in the air. Not one to ignore a challenge, Harry quickly jumped onto his Firebolt and shot after Ginny. A few seconds later Ron arrived next to them. “First one to the other end of the pitch wins!”


“That’s unfair!” Ron argued as Harry and Ginny shot to the other end of the pitch. Harry hadn’t realised how much he missed this. The Firebolt speed and handling was so superior to the Nimbus, Harry couldn’t believe he’d forgotten. A massive smile formed its way onto his face as he reached the other end of the pitch. Ginny was just seconds behind him. Ron wasn’t that far behind her.


Harry looked to his left and saw Ginny grin ear to ear. Before either of them said a word, Ginny and Harry darted off again, this time in a dive. They were both gaining speed, side by side as they both dashed diagonally downwards across the pitch. As they started to reach the other end, Harry started to aim his broom in an arc to turn around and to continue back down towards Ron. However, halfway through the turn his Firebolt suddenly bucked, hurling Harry towards the Gryffindor stands. There was an almighty crash as Harry slammed into the stands and Harry blacked out.


-oOoOoOoOo-


Harry woke up with his back bandaged up and aching. He also had a massive headache. Ron, Hermione, Neville and Ginny sat around his bedside.


“Hey,” Harry said, gently causing the others to look up sharply. Ginny smiled at him and grabbed a hold of his hand in hers.


“Heya, mate,” Neville said smiling. “I just came from one hospital. Wasn’t exactly expecting to come to another one.”


“It seems that I can’t stop coming here this year,” Harry chuckled. “What happened?”


“Your broom,” Hermione said, “had a Hurling Hex on it. It’s designed to hurl the rider off at the most opportune moment to cause the most damage.”


“Pettigrew?” Harry asked.


“Who else?” Hermione replied.


The doors to the hospital wing swung open revealing a serious Dumbledore and a concerned Sirius.


“Heya, mate,” Sirius said, coming to his bedside. “Everything alright?”


“I thought you sent me the broomstick,” Harry said to Sirius. “I mean, I didn’t get anything else from you.”


“Well, that’s the thing, Harry,” Sirius said with concern. “I did buy you that Firebolt. And that exact one as well. I checked its serial number. That Firebolt was the Firebolt I brought you for Christmas.”


“Which is why this is such a great concern,” Dumbledore continued. “How did Pettigrew manage to hex the broomstick when it was in Sirius’s possession?”


“The answer is, he couldn’t have,” Sirius said. “I never left either Firebolt from my sight. So the only way Pettigrew could have hexed the Firebolt was after I sent it here. I used Errol, who seemed perfectly fine when he came back.”


“Once the Firebolt arrived here it went straight to your dormitory,” Dumbledore finished. “The only place that it was left alone.”


“Well that doesn’t make sense,” Harry said. “If Pettigrew broke into the dorm, when we were asleep, why not just kill me then and there rather than hex the broom?”


“One does not know,” Dumbledore replied. “Which is why this is all very confusing.”


“What happened to the broom?” Ron asked.


“It, and Ms. Weasley’s as well to make sure, has been handed over to Professor Flitwick and Professor McGonagall who will remove the Hurling Hex, and then strip both Firebolts down to make sure that there are no other hexes on them. Only after both have been thoroughly tested will you be able to have them back.” Dumbledore explained.


“You think there could be a curse on Ginny’s broom too, sir?” Hermione asked.


“One can never be too careful, Ms. Granger,” Dumbledore said. “Pettigrew wants to hurt Harry as much as possible; one could argue that hurting Ms. Weasley will hurt Harry just as much as anything else. But don’t worry, if there is a curse on Ginny’s boom, Professor McGonagall and Professor Flitwick will find it.”


“I’ll kill him if he ever touches Ginny,” Harry hissed out and Ginny squeezed his hand in assurance.


“Don’t worry, Harry,” Dumbledore said. “Extra precaution is already being taken. There have been extra detection spells added to Gryffindor tower that are keyed directly to Pettigrew with Sirius’s and Remus’s help. If Pettigrew ever steps into Gryffindor tower again, in either human or rat form. We will know.”


“Thank you, Professor,” Harry said.


“Not at all,” Dumbledore said. “Now I think it’s time to leave you. I have already spoken to Madam Pomfrey and you are free to leave when ever. I do have some work to do. So if you’ll excuse me.” Dumbledore turned and left Harry and the rest alone.


“Hermione,” Harry started before she interrupted.


“Don’t,” Hermione said. “You couldn’t possibly have known. I was just lucky. I wish I had been wrong. Forget it.”


“Can you ever spend at least a little while before having to come back here, Harry?” Neville asked amused.


“Seems not,” Harry said. “But I will tell you what. I’m going to make a new years resolution. To not have to come to the hospital wing for the whole year of nineteen ninety four!”


“How long do you think you will be able to keep that resolution?” Neville asked.


“I bet three months,” Ron said.


“I bet two,” Ginny replied causing Harry to glare at her. “What, that’s when our next Quidditch match is! Knowing you, you will end up in hospital after it.”


“Accept it, mate,” Neville said. “That resolution will never last.”


“It will!” Harry said determined. “Mark my words, I will make through the whole year without coming here again.” None of his friends looked convinced.
Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear