Search:

SIYE Time:13:54 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Erasing The Future
By Moxterminator

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe, Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Extreme Language, Mild Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 545
Summary: Harry goes back in time to redo his Hogwarts years after losing the war, his family, and his wife, Ginny Potter, to Voldemort. Changes need to be made, but can all changes be good? Years 1-4
Hitcount: Story Total: 397071; Chapter Total: 10812
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Heya guy another Chapter. I hope you guys liek the part with peeves. i hope to make him very useful in the future :)




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


“The firs’-years, Professor McGonagall.” Said Hagrid.


“Thank you Rubeus, I will take them from here.” said Professor McGonagall. She pulled the door back and then led them across the entrance hall. The entrance to the great hall was to their right but she kept going and led them into a small empty chamber where all first years go to await for their sorting. They all crammed into the room, waiting for McGonagall to speak again.


“Welcome to Hogwarts.” Professor McGonagall started. “The start of term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the great hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with your house mates, sleep in the house dormitory and spend any free time in you house common room.”


“The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin.” She said Slytherin with a slight disgust in her voice but not apparent enough for the students to hear. Harry was very lucky to pick it up. He’d learnt how to read someone when they were talking. Get to know what their real emotions were. With also a little help of Legilimency it was very difficult to lie to Harry and for him not to notice. “Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards.” continued Professor McGonagall.


“I suppose you can call Voldemort outstanding after all. Even though what he did was dark, it was a massive show of how much magic knowledge he had and power.” Harry thought.


“While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points; while any rule breaking will lose your house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honour to your house. I hope that you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.”


“The sorting ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting.” McGonagall said looking over to Neville. “I shall return when we are ready for you. Please wait patiently.”


“How do they sort us?” Neville asked.


“Some sort of test, I think. Fred said something about wrestling a troll. They wouldn’t put us through that really would they? Not on our first day at school?” Ron said and then nervous chattering broke out. Hermione was reciting spells she had learnt and wondering which one she would need. Neville had gone ghostly white and Ron just looked scared out of his wits.


All of a sudden there were screams behind him and they all turned around to see about twenty ghosts come through the wall. They were arguing and if Harry’s memory served him correct it was about Peeves. He really needed to talk to Peeves. This year was going to be so much fun.


The fat friar was speaking to Nearly Headless Nick. “Forgive and forget, I say, we ought to give him another chance.”


“My dear friar, haven’t we given Peeves all the chances he deserves? He gives us all a bad name and he isn’t even really a proper ghost… I say, what are you all doing here?” Nick said.


Nobody answered but the fat friar guessed correctly. “NEW Students,” he stated smiling down at them “About to be sorted I suppose?” Harry nodded slightly along with some other students. “Hope to see you in Hufflepuff. I’m the house ghost you know, used to be in it when I came here.”


“Move along now the sorting ceremony is just about to start.” McGonagall’s voice echoed over the students heads towards the ghosts. The ghosts all moved towards the wall leading to the great hall and soon they had all gone through the opposite wall. “Now form a line.” McGonagall said and Harry jumped in line with Ron in front of him and Neville behind him with Hermione just behind Neville. “Follow me please.”


Harry walked behind Ron and followed him out of the chamber, back across the entrance hall and through the pair of large oak doors that led into the great hall. It had been a while since he had last seen this place as although the school was closed in the future after the Hogwarts Train Massacre it was never actually flattened. And Harry made sure Voldemort could never get to it. He came to Hogwarts and put up his most powerful wards around the place. He made it so only he could come back if needed. Voldemort had tried of course but never succeeded in getting past Harry’s defences.


Harry looked up to the ceiling and heard Hermione whisper “It’s bewitched to look like the sky outside. I read about it in “Hogwarts; A History.” Professor McGonagall led them up to the front so they were in front of the students with the teachers behind them. McGonagall quickly went into the small door just behind the teachers table and came back holding a stool and the sorting hat. She came to the middle of the row that the first years had made and put the stool down and then placed the sorting hat on top. The hall had gone quiet and Harry waited for the sorting hat’s song and soon enough the rip at the bottom that the sorting hat used as a mouth opened and he started to sing the song he sang explaining the sorting.


“Oh you might not think I’m pretty
But don’t judge on what you see
I’ll eat my self if you can find
A smarter hat then me.
You can keep your bowlers black
Your top hats straight and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There’s nothing in your head
The sorting hat can see,
So try me on and ill will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor
Where dwell the brave at heart
Their daring, nerve and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart.
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you’ve a ready Mind,
Where those of wit and learning
Will always find there kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You’ll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve there ends.
So put me on! Don’t be Afraid!
And don’t get in a flap!
You’re in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a thinking cap!”

(J.K. Rowling — Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone)


The great hall burst into applause and Harry looked to Ron who was laughing. “I will kill Fred.” Ron said “I mean wrestling a troll. I'm going to kill him for that. All we need to do is put it on right? That’s what it said right?”


Professor McGonagall stepped forward holding a long piece of parchment where she had the names of the students written down for the sorting.


“When I call your name out you will come and sit on the stool and put the hat on to be sorted.” She said to the first years. “ABBOTT, HANNAH”


A blonde girl with pigtails walked out of the line, sat down on the stool and put the sorting hat on. After a couple of seconds the hat shouted “HUFFELPUFF” and she then went to sit next to the fat friar at the Hufflepuff table.


McGonagall continued down the list calling out names that Harry wasn’t really interested in. until she came to the name “GRANGER, HERMIONE” Hermione ran to the stool and slammed the hat on her head.


After a moment the hat shouted out “GRYFFINDOR” and she ran to sit at the Gryffindor table. Soon it was Neville’s turn and he walked nervously to the stool and put the hat on, still holding onto Trevor. After what seemed to Harry like an eternity the hat finally shouted out “GRYFFINDOR.” Neville walked over to the Gryffindor table smiling happily.


“MALFOY, DRACO.” Malfoy strutted forward and McGonagall went to put the hat on his head. The rim of the hat touched the blond hair of Draco and shouted out “SLYTHERIN” Some things never change, Harry thought. Although it would have been quite funny to see Draco being put into Hufflepuff. Soon there was hardly anyone left to be sorted and the time for Harry’s sorting to happen.


“POTTER, HARRY” McGonagall called out. Whispers broke out across the hall as Harry walked over and sat down on the stool, putting up his Occlumency barriers so the sorting hat couldn’t read his futures memories. All of a sudden he was enveloped in darkness as the sorting hat covered his eyes.


“Mm difficult, very difficult. Plenty of power, my goodness yes there is a lot of power and talent here. I'm surprised to learn that you’re a first year and not a seventh year. With all this power I think Slytherin would be the best bet for you. Excellent place for you to go, definitely. SLY….” The Sorting hat had begun shouting out.


“STOP STOP STOP.” Harry screamed in his mind. “Not Slytherin. Please not Slytherin I belong in Gryffindor not Slytherin.”


“I beg to differ my young companion. Slytherin is an ideal place for you. Someone with so much power.” The sorting hat said.


“Please Gideon.” Harry could tell the hat was shocked at the use of his real name. Harry just smiled to himself before continuing. “Please just wait. Promise me what you learn from my mind and memories you will keep to your self. Promise me that.”


“What are you talking about Mr. Potter I've already seen your memories. I know exactly where you belong. Although I am quite curious to where you learnt my proper name? I haven’t been called that in well over fifteen hundred years.”


“I learnt it from Godric.” Harry said as he let his Occlumency barriers down. Harry heard what probably was a gasp from Gideon as he let the sorting hat go over his memories of the future.


“My my my, Harry. I haven’t ever had a time traveller before. This is quite extraordinary. Well well well. I see what you go all huffed up about Slytherin. Not only were you in Gryffindor last time, but you are also the heir of Gryffindor. Last time I had an heir of one of the four founders was well…”


“Fifty years ago.” Harry said. Which caused Gideon to gasp again.


“Fifty years? Who on earth was it fifty years ago that was an heir of a founder?” he asked.


“Name was Tom Marvolo Riddle, known today as Lord Voldemort.” Harry replied.


“My, aren’t you one for surprises Mr Potter. Tom Riddle heir of Slytherin... well that would make Hagrid innocent wouldn’t it. My boy just curious, do you know of your…err… shall I say abilities at Hogwarts now that you know you’re an heir?”


“Yes Gideon I do but maybe we should talk later. There are still more people to be sorted and I have too much to talk about today. But just one more thing. Ronald Weasley, he belongs in Gryffindor and also Ginny Weasley…”


“Ah yes the wife, what is it with Potters and red heads?” Gideon asked. “Very well I shall do as you wish. Good luck. GRYFFINDOR!” Gideon shouted. And McGonagall lifted the sorting hat revealing the great hall was applauding whilst the twins were dancing about screaming “We got Potter, We got Potter.” Harry walked over to the Gryffindor table and sat down next to Neville and opposite Hermione. There were only 3 people left.


Turpin, Lisa became a Ravenclaw and then it was Ron’s turn. Ron sat down on the stool and the hat was on his head no more then five seconds before it called out “GRYFFINDOR” and Ron made his way to the table and sat down next to Harry. Zabini, Blaise was made a Slytherin and then Professor McGonagall came and took the stool and Gideon away.


Albus got to his feet, beaming at the students. “Welcome!” he began “Welcome to the new year at Hogwarts. Before we begin our magnificent banquet, I would like to say a couple of words. And they are Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment Tweak! Enjoy your feast.


All of a sudden the plates in front of Harry became full of food and the lunch he had on the train seemed liked years ago. Harry dug in ravenously as he listened to the conversations happening.


“That looks good. Shame I can’t eat.” Said Nearly Headless Nick who had come floating over to where they were sitting. “Oh forgive me I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Popington, at your service. Resident Gryffindor Ghost.”


“Nearly Headless Nick! My brother told me about you.” Ron said turning his concentration away from food, which to Harry, was a shock to him.


“I would prefer Sir Nicholas de Mims…”


“Nearly Headless?” Asked Seamus.


“Yes” Nick answered, though it was obvious he didn’t like this conversation at the moment. “Watch.” Nick seized his left ear and pulled and his head swung onto his shoulder, causing some looks from the first years. He flipped his head back on and said. “So, new Gryffindor comrades. I hope you’re up to our standard. We need all the help we can get to wrestle the house championship off Slytherin. They have won it for the past six years. I would love to wipe the bloody baron’s face in it if we win this year.” Harry just laughed at this and went back to eating.


Everyone had finished the main course by now so the food disappeared and was replaced by loads of different puddings. The conversation all of a sudden changed to families. “I'm half and half. My dad’s a muggle, ma mum’s a witch. Kind of a nasty surprise for him when he found out. She didn’t tell him ‘til after they were married.” This caused Harry to laugh as well, he really enjoyed being back to the place he first called home.


“Well I suppose everyone knows my story. My dad was pureblood. My mum was muggle born. No big funny thing there.” Harry said entering the conversation. The others just looked at him smiling sadly and then continued the conversation.


“I'm muggleborn, neither of my parents were a witch or wizard.” Hermione said “What about you Neville?”


“Pureblood. But I am so close to being a squib. I didn’t show any magic until my uncle dropped me out of the highest window in our house and I bounced. My family was so happy. They thought I was a squib for so long. They were so happy when I got my letter. My uncle bought me my toad.”


Harry looked over to Hermione who was now talking to Percy about lessons. “I do hope they start soon. We’ve got so much to learn. I'm especially interested in transfiguration. Turning one thing into the other. I just find it fascinating.” Harry smiled. Typical Hermione.


Harry looked over at the head table and looked straight into the eyes of Snape. The hatred that shook through Harry’s body was just enormous. There was a mighty CRACK of glass as the cup Seamus was holding smashed into bits. Harry looked shocked as everyone else. Harry had just done accidentally magic. “Damn Snape.” Harry thought. “I'm going to make his life hell from now till 6th year.” Harry felt someone trying to enter his mind and he used his magic to sense where it was coming. Harry looked around and came to look at the turban of Quirrell’s. Voldemort was trying to use Legilimency to get into his mind. Harry immediately slammed up his Occlumency shields and Harry could swear he saw Quirrell wince with pain.


Finally, once the puddings were gone and the plates clear of crumbs Dumbledore stood up. “Ahem” Dumbledore started which cause the hall to fall silent. “Just a few more words now we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give out. First years please note that the forest is forbidden to all students. A few older students should bear that in mind also.” He said glancing at the twins and then over to Harry.


“Hey, I haven’t started here yet and he thinks I'm going to break rules.” Harry thought “I'm hurt by that really I am. Now ways to break school rules without Dumbledore knowing…..”


“I have also been asked by Mr filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors. Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of term. Anyone who is interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch. And finally, I must say that this year, the third floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to all those who do not wish to die a very painful death.


“And now before we go to our nice warm beds let’s sing the school song!” cried Dumbledore. Dumbledore flicked his wand and a long golden ribbon flew out and twisted itself into words. “Everyone pick their favourite tune and OFF WE GO!” and the school sung:


“Hogwarts, Hogwarts Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we are old and bald,
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filing,
With some interesting stuff,
For now there bare and full with air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff,
So teach us things worth knowing,
Bring back what we’ve forgot,
Just do your best, well do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot.”

(J.K. Rowling — Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone)


Harry finished his tune rather quickly but enjoyed listening to the twins. When they finally managed to finish their song, with the help of Dumbledore conducting their last few lines, the whole school clapped.


“Ah the sound of music.” Dumbledore said. “A magic beyond all that we learn here. And now, bedtime. Off you trot!” There was a loud scraping of chairs as everyone got up and started walking to the entrance. The first year Gryffindors followed Percy up the great marble staircase and through secret passageways. Harry thought he knew a quicker way but that contained secret passageways that only himself, the twins and the Marauders knew. They came out of the last staircase that led onto the floor which had the entrance to the Gryffindor tower. They walked along the corridor a bit before they came to floating walking sticks blocking the way.


“Peeves.” Whispered Percy “A poltergeist, I haven’t got a clue why Dumbledore puts up with him. I would throw him out of this castle if it was my decision.” Percy slightly raised his voice and said “Peeves — show yourself.” Harry heard a loud raspberry sound and he was having difficulty not to laugh.


“I will go get the Bloody Baron, Peeves.” Percy threatened. There was a loud pop as Peeves the poltergeist came into view.


“Ickle firsties. So much fun I can have.” Peeves said swooping down on them and everyone apart from Harry ducked. Peeves came to a stand still in front of Harry. “So the rumours are true. Famous Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts. So much fun I can have pranking……” he trailed of as Harry just smiled at him.


“Hello Peeves. Pleased to meet your acquaintance.” Harry said stunning all present. “Tell me how the Bloody Baron is these days? I heard he’s the only one who can control you.


“No one can control old Peeves sir. I am a free spirit!” Peeves crackled.


“Really, well, I will have to test that theory of yours soon Peeves.” Harry replied. Peeves just looked at Harry then dropped the walking sticks on top of Neville’s head and zoomed out through the wall.


“Right, well, follow me.” Percy said as he led the Gryffindors to the end of the corridor where the portrait of the fat lady hung at the entrance of the Gryffindor tower.


“Password?” the fat lady said.


“Caput Draconis.” Percy said the password and the portrait swung forward to reveal the hole in the wall to get to the Gryffindor common room. When they all climbed through and were standing in the middle of the common room Percy directed the first years to their dorms. Harry slowly tracked up the spiral staircase and into his bedroom and then flopped down onto his bed. He heard the others do the same and soon heard the snores of his room mates sleeping.


Harry crept out of his bed and opened up his trunk; he grabbed the marauders map, the invisibility cloak, some parchment and a quill and headed down to the common room. He sat by the fire in his favourite chair he had came to know and started writing a letter to Ginny.


Ginny,


Hope you don’t miss your brothers too much. Hogwarts is great, the map your brothers gave me is brilliant. I’ll show it to you when you come next year. Hope you’re having fun without me. I hope to come home around Christmas so we can see each other then. Write back. And before I forget to write it, I'm in Gryffindor with Ron.


Your friend


Harry


Harry folded up the parchment and then grabbed the marauders map and headed out of the common room, intent on getting Hedwig to deliver the letter. He walked past sleeping portraits and up the tower that lead to the Owlery. He climbed the last steps and came out at last on the flat landing with owls. He looked around and noticed Hedwig sleeping halfway up on the left hand side. He slowly walked over and woke her up.


“Sorry girl, but could you take this letter to Ginny. I promised I would write to her.” Hedwig sat patiently for him to tie the letter to her leg and then she jumped onto Harry’s arm. He led her over to the open window. She gave him a quick affectionate nibble on his ear and then she took off with the letter.


He slowly walked back down the staircase and headed back towards the common room. He looked at the marauders map and two names popped out at him. Peeves and Dumbledore. Dumbledore was in a disused classroom and Peeves was bouncing along the 5th floor corridor. Harry turned in the opposite direction and headed towards were Dumbledore was. Harry realised that he hadn’t spoke to the headmaster in ages and he needed to know what would be happening this year.


Harry managed to avoid Filch and Mrs Norris and soon came upon the classroom that Harry now recognised as the classroom that the Mirror of Erised was in. Harry then realised that he didn’t have his invisibility cloak with him. Harry just chuckled to himself. Ah well he thought, Dumbledore isn’t the only one that can turn invisible at will.


All of a sudden Harry vanished and to any onlookers they would say that the hallway outside the classroom was deserted. Harry slowly opened the door and noticed Dumbledore himself standing in front of the mirror with the Philosophers Stone on a table close by. Dumbledore was muttering to himself whilst throwing spells at the mirror. Unfortunately Harry couldn’t hear what the words were. Harry walked into the classroom and sat down on top of a table and watched Dumbledore at work. After a further fifteen minutes and still no prevail of getting the stone into the mirror Dumbledore spoke. “You know Harry rather than sitting there I wouldn’t mind some help.”


“How is it that you know everything?” Harry asked. “It’s not like I even have my invisibility cloak on so you can’t see through that.” Harry said becoming visible to all in the room.


“Although I am very touched by you compliments it is only a stupid person who claims they know everything there is to know.” Albus said wisely. “Now is there any chance you can help me here with this stone. I can’t seem to get it to work.”


“I don’t know how you got it to work. All I know is that only a person who wanted the stone. Want it, but not use it could get it out of the mirror. How you actually got it in the mirror to start with, sir, is unknown to me.” Harry explained.


“Harry, thank you.” Dumbledore said. “You have just solved my problem. That is an excellent idea. One which would properly have had me up half the night and into the early morning before I thought of that.”


“Pity.” Harry said. “I might have enjoyed watching you fuss over it.” He finished with a smile.


“So I guess your wandering around at night and miraculously bumping into to me is not just coincidence.” Dumbledore said as the stone which now had different coloured spells dissolved itself into the mirror.


“Not really I'm afraid.” Harry said deciding now was the time to be serious for once. “I'm here to talk about what happens. The sole reason why I came back in time. I won’t go over all the details. However I do suggest we have some sort of meeting at the start of each year so I can explain to you what happens in that year.”


“I quite agree Harry.” Dumbledore said nodding his head. “And as you held no surprise about the Philosopher’s Stone, I take it that it has something to do with that.”


“Quite, surely you noticed the break in at Gringotts. Lucky Hagrid got to the stone before Quirrell.” Harry said.


Dumbledore stood for a moment then sighed. “Why is it always Defence Against the Dark Arts teachers? They never last long and some people thing that’s it’s cursed. So hard to get teachers for it now. And why did Voldemort chose Quirrell of all people?” Dumbledore asked.


“One thing I am afraid to tell you which you won’t like is that the job is indeed cursed. Surely you noticed how hard it was to keep teachers who taught the subject here after you turned down Riddle for the job.” Harry said.


“Dumbledore’s eyes starting twinkling like mad at what Harry just said. “Is there anything you don’t know about Voldemort?” He asked.


“Well come to think about it, I never worked out what his favourite colour was, not for definite. It might be black as that’s what he makes the Death Eaters wear, but honestly I have no clue.” Harry said trying to hold back a laugh. “Back to your second question. Why he chose Quirrell, because he was gullible, foolish. He believed the lies Tom told him. Quirrell was easy to manipulate. ‘He was easy to bend to my will’ as Voldemort once put it. Although I can guarantee he did choose to do this, Voldemort isn’t forcing him too. Voldemort managed to convince him that’s all.”


“I don’t particular like the fact that Quirrell is so close to the students Harry.” Dumbledore said frowning. “Is there anything we can do now?”


“Afraid not” Harry replied. “Getting Quirrell to leave now would tell Voldemort that we knew something. I cannot risk Voldemort finding out that I'm from the future.” Harry said walking over to the mirror to look into it. Harry gasped out loud which caused Dumbledore to frown.


“Harry, What do you see? I guess as you haven’t asked about the mirror in particular and the way you described how I got the stone in the mirror and how you can get it out you understand what it does.” Dumbledore said with worry in his voice. If Harry had already dealt with the mirror before then what was there to be shocked about at what he was seeing.


“I was expecting to see my family sir. My parents.” Harry said slowly. “And I do it’s just that… I see Ginny as well. Holding a baby, a baby girl.” Harry finished, a tear falling down his cheek.


This shocked Dumbledore, he knew that Ginny was his best friend but he never knew that Harry felt like this about her though. He of course knew that Ginny had a crush on Harry from when he attended Harry’s birthday party. But he never knew Harry felt the same way. “I never knew you had a crush on young Ms. Weasley.” Dumbledore said.


“I don’t.” Harry replied. “It isn’t a crush. And it isn’t Ms. Weasley. It’s Mrs. Potter, she’s my wife and I love her.”


Dumbledore stood looking at Harry. “I understand now why you wanted her with you this year. It’s difficult to not be with the one you love. Although I am confused. It is common knowledge to everyone that has met her that Ginny has only eyes for you. Why not just go out with her now?” Dumbledore asked.


“A couple of reasons. The main one is simply because it’s just a crush. Not real love. I want to wait until it is real love before we go out. I couldn’t bear to think that if we go out now and she doesn’t fall in love with me… that’s one thing I definitely don’t want to change this time. The fact that she falls in love with me.” Harry explained.


“So when and how does she fall in love with you?” Dumbledore asked. “I don’t mean to pry and if you don’t want to say…”


“End of my second year, her first.” Harry interrupted him. Turning his head away from the mirror to look at him. “Although I’ll save the…err, shall I say details to next year. We did agree one year at a time did we not?” Harry said.


“We did indeed.” Dumbledore said with a slight nod of his head. “Harry it is late and I believe that you should have some sleep before tomorrow and your lessons.”


“We’ve got some more to discuss first.” Harry said. “Voldemort’s Horcruxes. I need to tell you what they are and where they are so you can destroy them before my fourth year. I want to be able to kill him when I meet him in the graveyard.”


“Umm, graveyard Harry?” Dumbledore asked. Harry gave him a look. “Ah of course, one year at a time, yes right then. Name the Horcruxes then Harry and where they are and I will get some people I trust or myself to get them and destroy them before your 4th year.


“One is Voldemort’s pet snake Nagini. That I will destroy the night that he comes back. He hasn’t got his 6th one yet however Nagini will become his 6th before that incident. Another is Marvolo Gaunt’s ring. This should be found at Gaunts House in Little Hangleton. Another, Salazar Slytherin’s locket, which incidentally will be found at number 12 Grimmauld Place. A diary of Riddle’s, this I will be able to destroy myself next year.” Harry suddenly looked back at the memory of Ginny lying at the feet of the Salazar Slytherin statue. Harry still hadn’t decided whether he was going to change that or not. “Helga Hufflepuff’s cup, this will be found at Tom Riddle’s old orphanage. And last but not least Ravenclaw’s Engaement ring. this should be found at Borgin and Burkes” Harry said rattling of exactly where each Horcrux should be."

Dumbledore stood there and slowly took it all in. “Wow, I’ve got to say I wasn’t expecting this tonight. But thank you, now off to bed. It’s classes tomorrow and we want you wide awake for those don’t we.”


“I could just skip them I suppose….” Harry suggested.


“Sorry Harry, you’re the one who decided to relive it. So reliving it is exactly what you should do. And not going to classes will surely stop you from making friends, especially with Ms Granger and Mr Longbottom.”


Harry just stood there looking at the headmaster. “That is getting freaky. I mean we only just got here, how can you do that? Find the information so fast?”


“Headmaster’s secret, Harry.” Dumbledore said, the twinkle in his eye coming back full force. “Now off you trot.” Harry walked towards the door and with a last glance back he left the room.


Harry walked down the corridor and around the corner to come face to face with Peeves.


“Oh look at this.” He crackled “A student out of bed. I should call Filch you know. It is against the rules to be out this late.”


“Then go tell the headmaster, he is just down that corridor.” Harry said indicating the way he just came. Peeves looked at him but didn’t move.


“Well I see we are not going to the headmaster. Maybe we can talk for a while.” Harry said who continued walking down the corridor. Peeves reluctantly fell in pace next to Harry.


“Sir wishes me to stop the pranking?” Peeves said with sadness in his voice.


“Oh no, nothing of the sort Peeves.” Harry said. “I want you to be my spokesman to the ghosts in this castle.”


“Me sir?” Peeves said obviously shocked.


“Yes Peeves you.” Harry Replied. “You can prank anyone anytime, apart from the first of September. Apart from that you have a free reign to prank anyone and everyone…especially the Slytherins. But I want you as the spokesman of the ghosts and portraits. I will get them to let you join the feasts at the beginning of the year and at Halloween and Christmas. In turn you will be their spokesman. Everything the ghosts or portraits have trouble with tell me about it. If I want the ghosts to do anything you will be the one who I will come to. Good enough terms Peeves?” Harry finished. If this worked then he truly will be in control of Hogwarts. He didn’t want to take anything away from Dumbledore but if this worked it would be great in future years.


“Agreed sir.” Peeves said.


“Oh and no sir.” Harry said “When ever I am around other people you will treat me as any other student apart from the actually pranking. Got it?”


“Yes… err. Harry?” Peeves said, unsure what to call him.


Harry simply nodded and turned the next corner to see the portrait of the Fat lady, which automatically opened before he said the password. He stopped in front of the portrait, waiting for it to close again. After a minute the portrait closed to reveal a very confused Fat Lady.


“You’re not going in?” she asked.


“I am but I don’t want you ever to open up like that again to me. I want you to always ask for the password.” Harry said annoyed. If she did that when they weren’t alone… his cover of being an heir of Gryffindor could be blown.


“Okay sir.” The fat lady said.


“AND don’t call me sir, its Harry.” Harry hissed through his teeth. “Spread the word, Unless I say different you are to treat me no differently to another person. Now I'm tired and want to go to bed. Caput Draconis.” With that the portrait swung open and Harry entered the common room, went up the stairs that led to his dorm and through the door hung with the sign. “First Years” and fell onto his bed. He got changed into his PJ’s and got into his bed. Within a minute he had fallen asleep.
Reviews 545
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear