Search:

SIYE Time:14:58 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Getting Over Harry Potter
By cwarbeck

- Text Size +

Category: Post-OotP, Alternate Universe, Buried Gems
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: General, Humor
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 515
Summary: When Ginny realises that she is firmly entrenched as Harry’s friend in the strictest, most platonic sense of the word, she is determined to banish any of her own definitely non-platonic sentiments once and for all. She comes up with a plan – an ingenious, infallible, perfect, foolproof plan – but how was it supposed to work if Harry seemed to be everywhere she looked?
Hitcount: Story Total: 130883; Chapter Total: 17092
Awards: View Trophy Room




Author's Notes:
Real life has conspired against me and my intention of posting this chapter earlier than today. I hope it was worth the wait.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ten
Friday Evening


Halfway to the boys’ changing rooms, Ginny had a massive attack of nerves and she had to scurry back to her own locker-room to compose herself. After several deep breaths and an impromptu pep talk given by her mirror, it was finally the memory of how close Harry had come to kissing her out in the Quidditch pitch that made her find her resolve once more, and she headed out to her original destination. If she was lucky, and if she had read him correctly, she would at last be snogging Harry to her heart's content by the end of the day.

Ginny could practically feel her lips puckering in anticipation.

Glancing out the window as she crossed the corridor to the boys’ locker-room, she saw that the rain had stopped and the sun was shining weakly through the clouds.

“Hello, are you in here?” she called out as she poked her head through the door. The locker area was deserted, but dirty uniforms and Quidditch gear were strewn all over the floor. The Beaters’ bats were hanging haphazardly from a shelf, and Ron’s gloves were flung carelessly on the ground, along with a crumpled shirt and a wet towel.

Ginny surveyed the mess. Her mum would have a conniption if she ever saw this room.

“Hello?”

Receiving no answer, Ginny supposed that Harry must still be in the bathroom. She caught a lock of her hair between her teeth and nibbled on it. Should she go inside or stay out here and wait for him?

Taking another peek inside, she spied another one of Harry’s Quidditch shirts on a bench. She knew it was his because it was the one that had “CAPTAIN” emblazoned on the back. Ginny’s eyes glinted possessively. Another shirt to add to her collection. It was too good an opportunity to pass up. She took her wand from her pocket and said, “Accio Harry’s shirt!”

The shirt twitched, then zipped through the air but before it could reach Ginny, it snagged on some books which were piled precariously on a bench. Despite Ginny’s repeated attempts to Summon it, it remained stubbornly caught and would not go any further.

“Bugger,” she muttered. Well, she would just have to sneak in and get it. She quietly entered the room, wrinkling her nose as she did so; it smelled like — well, it smelled like a bunch of sweaty boys. She skirted around the jumble of dirty clothes on the floor and approached the bench stealthily. She disentangled Harry’s shirt from the books, which she recognized as Charm Your Own Cheese, One-Minute Feasts — It’s Magic and Enchantment in Baking; all of which were found in the kitchen at the Burrow.

Wondering who had such domestic tastes in reading material, Ginny absently rubbed the soft material Harry’s shirt against her cheek, breathing in the faint but distinct aroma of Harry-ness in contentment. She was startled out of her reverie when someone, rather loudly and slightly off-key, unexpectedly began warbling out “Do the Hippogriff” from the direction of the shower area.

Ginny stood perfectly still, feeling unaccountably warm all of a sudden.

She realised that she was standing in the middle of the boys’ locker-room (which was somewhere she really should not be), fondling Harry’s shirt like some kind of maniac, while Harry was in the shower, singing his lungs out.

Harry Potter. Singing in the shower.

In the shower.

Which meant…

Oo-er.

This would fuel her fantasies for weeks!

Cut it out, brain.

Dropping the shirt — she’d come back for it later — Ginny whirled around to escape before her brain overheated from the tantalizing images of warm water cascading down Harry’s trim body. Unfortunately, in her haste, her foot connected with the bench, knocking it over, and the books came tumbling down to the floor with a noisy crash.

The room immediately became deathly silent.

Ginny swore under her breath. Realising that Harry probably already knew that it was her, she opted to act as if it wasn’t a big deal that she had sneaked into the boys’ changing rooms.

“It’s just me — you know — it's Ginny! Sorry if I startled you. I was just checking to see if you were in here.”

When there was no answer from Harry, Ginny decided to turn the situation into her advantage. This might actually be the best time to confess her feelings for him. At least she would not have to look at him directly and be overcome with embarrassment. Blushing furiously and trying not to think about Harry’s current state of undress, she began to speak, her words tumbling out in a rush.

“Um — hey — you know, I was kind of hoping that I could tell you something.” Gathering her courage, she continued, “I just wanted to say that I’m glad that we’ve become really good friends this year, and, well, I know that you think that I’ve given up my crush on you, but well, I kind of — erm,” she faltered, thinking Merlin, this is mortifying, but determined to finish her confession now that she had actually worked up the nerve to do so. “I kind of — oh, blast it. What I want to say is…I like you. I like you a lot.”

Ginny cleared her throat uncertainly, waiting for Harry to say something back to her. When no response seemed to be forthcoming, her spirits plummeted to her feet. Great. She just made a fool of herself. Apparently she had misinterpreted Harry’s actions. He did not like her that way.

“Right,” she said, trying to keep her voice from cracking. “I’ll just go then. See you.”

She turned around and slowly made her way outside. She was so preoccupied with her misery that she did not see that someone was waiting by the door until she bumped into him.

“Sorry, Harry,” she mumbled dejectedly.

“Ginny?” Harry’s worried face came into focus. “What happened? Is something wrong?”

She looked up in confusion. Harry was standing in front of her, dressed in a green cable-knit jumper and dark blue jeans. “Harry? But, I thought you were back there…” She glanced uncertainly over her shoulder.

Harry shook his head. “Nope, I finished showering a while ago. I went outside to put our brooms in the shed then I came back here to wait for you.”

Ginny’s brows drew together as she stared blankly at Harry.

“But I heard someone singing in the showers when I passed by there,” Ginny insisted, growing more alarmed by the second.

If she had not been talking to Harry, then who…

“Oh, you must have heard Jimmy.” Harry waved at someone behind Ginny.

Jimmy Peakes came out of the changing rooms, his face very pink. Nodding in Harry’s direction, Jimmy scuffed at the floor with his trainers then smiled rather dreamily at her. “Hi, Ginny.”

“Am I missing something here?” Harry asked, frowning a little as he took note of the fact that Jimmy was slowly inching his way towards Ginny. Harry shifted positions so that he was now in between them.

Ginny could feel her ears heating up.

Helga Hufflepuff’s barmy brown badger, she groaned inwardly. How do I manage to get into these situations?

“Hi, Jimmy. I didn’t know you were still here. I thought everyone had left already,” she said lightly, hoping he would get the hint that she had mistaken him for someone else.

“Oh, I usually stay behind after practice. I like to read my cookbooks. I hope to open my own restaurant one day,” he said shyly, blushing again.

“Really?” Harry said, surprised. “I didn’t know that.”

“Yeah,” Jimmy replied, still staring at Ginny like a mooncalf. “I was going through a recipe for Quiche Lorraine when the storm hit, so I decided to wait it out. I’m glad I got stuck here though,” he added meaningfully.

Ginny glanced at Harry, who looked torn between amusement and irritation that Peakes was attempting to flirt with her. “Yes, well, I had thought that Harry and I were the only ones in the changing rooms all this time,” she said, gesturing at Harry and herself to make her point.

Peakes simply grinned at her, obviously not understanding her subtle intimation. Ginny rolled her eyes in frustration. “Shall we go back to the common room?” she asked plaintively.

“Oh, let me escort you back.” Peakes gallantly opened the door and bowed. “After you, Ginny.”

Harry raised an eyebrow at her. “Well, Ginny, let’s not keep Jimmy waiting. It’s rather impolite, you know,” he said solemnly, although Ginny could hear the suppressed mirth in his voice.

Ginny tossed her head and brushed past both of them to lead the way back to Gryffindor Tower. Jimmy kept up a constant stream of conversation accompanied by shy glances which Ginny half-heartedly paid attention to out of sheer politeness. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Harry trying to contain his laughter, and she shot him a venomous look which he returned with a disarming smile.

“Did you slip him a love potion or something?” he murmured, bending his head close to hers.

“Of course not!” she said indignantly. “I resent that, Harry!”

“Sorry,” Harry said, abashed. “As if you, of all people, needed to brew love potions. But what did you say to him back there to make him act like a lovesick Crup?”

“Nothing,” Ginny said evasively. “I don’t know what’s got into him.”

“Whatever it was, it looks like you’ve got another admirer,” Harry teased, poking her in the side. “So, what does a bloke like me have to do to get to the front of the queue, eh?”

“Shut it, Potter,” she said, trying not to smile at his words but failing miserably.

Hermione and Ron greeted them as they entered the common room. Ginny was interested to see that they were sitting very close to each other, and there was a slightly bewildered expression on Hermione’s face. Ginny arched her eyebrows at her brother and gave an encouraging nod of her head.

“Where have you been?” Hermione asked, closing her Ancient Runes textbook with a snap. “Did you get caught in the rain?”

“Yeah, you both missed dinner,” Ron added, casually placing an arm behind Hermione’s shoulder, whose eyes widened in surprise. A faint flush appeared on her cheeks.

“We — I mean, Hermione,” he amended, when the girl beside him cleared her throat, “brought up some stuff for you.” He pointed to a plate of sandwiches and chips, and a pitcher of cold pumpkin juice on the table.

Ginny met Harry’s eyes and they both attempted to hide their smiles at the bold moves her brother was making on Hermione. “Thanks, mate. I’m starving.” Harry sat down and offered one to Ginny, before snagging one for himself. He chewed blissfully for a few seconds, then took a swig of pumpkin juice.

Ron grinned, stuffed a few chips into his mouth before he noticed Jimmy hovering around Ginny. “What the bloody hell do you want, Peakes?” he asked brusquely after grabbing a few more chips from the plate.

Harry inadvertently inhaled his pumpkin juice, and thumped his chest as he gasped for air.

Hermione looked at him concernedly before turning to Ron. “Don’t be rude, Ronald,” Hermione chided gently. “Do you want a sandwich too, Jimmy?” she asked the other boy, who shook his head and continued his besotted contemplation of Ginny.

Ginny glared fiercely at Harry. He held up his hands and attempted to look innocent, but ruined the effect by coughing up more juice. “I need to talk to Jimmy for a while.” She put down her sandwich, grabbed Peakes by the elbow and dragged him away from her friends.

Several of Jimmy’s classmates were giving them puzzled looks as Ginny hauled him after her. Ritchie Coote watched them with his mouth hanging open, then grinned when Jimmy gave him a thumbs up. When she reached a relatively quiet corner of the room, she let go of his elbow and looked him in the eye. “Look, Jimmy, this is all a big mix-up,” she began.

“I didn’t know you felt that way about me, Ginny,” he interrupted, blushing fiercely. “I mean, you’re one of the prettiest girls in Gryffindor. One of the prettiest in Hogwarts, actually. I had no idea you would fancy a bloke like me. I always thought that you only noticed me during Quidditch.”

Ginny huffed irritably. “Are you listening to me? I thought I was talking to someone else back there in the changing rooms. I didn’t know it was you who was in that shower. Do you understand what I’m trying to tell you?”

She watched as the light of comprehension slowly dawned in Peakes’ eyes. His face fell as he realised what Ginny was trying to tell him. “You mean, you don’t fancy me?”

“I’m sorry, Jimmy, but I don’t,” Ginny said, her voice softening.

He stared at her for a while, then shrugged his shoulders good-naturedly. “Oh well, I knew it was too good to be true, anyway.” He smiled timidly at her. “So, who’s the lucky bloke?”

Ginny’s eyes inadvertently flicked towards Harry, who appeared to be explaining something to an increasingly amused Ron.

Jimmy followed Ginny’s gaze. “Oh, I get it. You did say that you thought you and Harry were the only ones in the changing rooms.”

Ginny shook her head at him, giving him a small smile. “Don’t say anything, okay?” She did not know Jimmy very well, but she hoped that she could trust him. After all, he was a Gryffindor.

He nodded solemnly. “Okay. But I think maybe you should tell him what you said. He’d be nuts not to feel the same way about you.”

“Thanks for saying that.” She said good-bye to Jimmy and returned to her friends, who eyed her with curiosity.

“Did Peakes ask you out?” Ron asked, smirking at her.

“No, just had to clear up some misunderstandings,” Ginny responded evenly, narrowing her eyes at her brother.

“Hey, Ron,” Harry hastily intervened, “do you think the Slytherins will change their strategy for the match tomorrow?”

Ron became distracted by the question, and he and Harry moved to stand near the fireplace to discuss Quidditch.

“So,” Hermione prompted, as Ginny took a seat beside her, “what happened between you and Harry? Why did he ask you to stay behind?”

“We just went for a fly around,” Ginny said, reaching for another sandwich. “He let me have a go on the Firebolt.” She deliberately chewed slowly, knowing it would drive Hermione crazy.

“That’s it?” her friend said skeptically.

“Let me see... we got caught in the rain, and he tried to drown me in mud,” Ginny said in a bored tone. She sipped some pumpkin juice before lowering her voice to say, “Oh yeah, then he almost kissed me.” Ginny tried not to laugh at the thrilled expression on Hermione’s face.

HE WHAT?” Hermione all but shrieked, causing Ron and Harry to glance inquiringly in their direction. Ginny smiled feebly at them. Ron shrugged then resumed talking about different tactics for demolishing the opposition.

“Why don’t you just announce it to the entire room, Hermione?” Ginny said tetchily. “I don’t think Neville heard you.”

Ginny pointed to the round-faced boy sitting halfway across the room, proudly showing off a strange, pale pink barrel-shaped plant with large purple trumpet-like flowers to an eager Colin and Dennis Creevey. Dennis poked it with a quill and was promptly covered by a shower of golden dust from head to foot as the flowers exploded in his face. Dennis sneezed violently and found himself suspended in mid-air. Colin hopped around animatedly, shouting out, “Think happy thoughts, Dennis! Happy thoughts!” while he tried to get the plant to spray him with the same golden powder. His brother propelled himself through the air blissfully, rising further upward each time he sneezed.

“Fine, let’s continue this upstairs.” Hermione stood up and said in a loud voice, “I need to give Ginny my O.W.L. revision notes, so we’ll just leave you boys for now.” She looked meaningfully at Ginny, who also rose from her seat.

“Are you coming back down?” Harry asked Ginny as the girls passed them. Beside him, Ron laid his hand on Hermione’s arm as he said goodnight to her.

“Um, I’m not sure, Harry.” Ginny shrugged. “It’s getting kind of late.”

Harry appeared disappointed with her answer, but smiled anyway. “All right. Get some rest. I need my star Chaser in top form tomorrow.” He rubbed her shoulder gently, causing a shiver to run through her. “Good night, Ginny,” he said softly, looking straight into her eyes.

“Good night, Harry,” she replied, smiling shyly back at him.

The girls made their way to the sixth-year girls’ dormitory, where they found Lavender sitting down on Parvati’s bed, having her hair brushed by the olive-skinned girl. They exchanged pleasantries before Ginny plopped down on Hermione’s four-poster, pulling a sleeping Crookshanks onto her lap. Hermione quickly drew her hangings for privacy, and turned to face the redhead.

“Okay, tell me everything!” she demanded, making Ginny grin at her eagerness.

“Tell me first about you and Ron,” Ginny countered, stroking the cat’s soft fur.

“Oh!” exclaimed Hermione, her voice a full octave higher than normal. “I don’t know what’s got into him all of a sudden.”

“Didn’t you like the attention?”

Hermione gave a small giggle and turned shining eyes at Ginny. “Well, yes, of course, I did. It was just so unexpected. He’s never been like that before.”

Ginny laughed. “Okay, don’t kill me, but I sort of told him that he should be more demonstrative if he really fancies you.”

“You didn’t!” she said shrilly, her hands flying to her face in embarrassment. Crookshanks woke up at Hermione’s screech and leaped off Ginny’s lap, giving both girls a disgruntled look before he slipped through the closed bed curtains.

“What? It worked, didn’t it?”

Hermione could not seem to find an answer for this, so she settled for shaking her head. “All right. Your turn. What really happened to you and Harry after we left?”

Ginny rearranged some pillows on the bed. “Well, after we had a fly around, Harry told me that Professor Dumbledore asked to meet him.”

Hermione perked up. “Is that why he wasn’t with you at practice? I met him when I was coming out of the library. What did they talk about? Was it about V-Voldemort?”

“Harry didn’t tell me much. He just said that the Order knew some of the stuff that Tom was planning to do next.” Ginny played with the blanket on Hermione’s bed. “He asked me if I believed in destiny,” she said quietly. “And I told him that we make our own, so he wasn’t bound to what anyone says.”

Hermione looked at her in admiration. “That was a good thing to say to him, Ginny. He needs to know that. And I think he’ll be more inclined to believe it since it came from you.”

Ginny sighed heavily. “I hope so. I don’t want him keep thinking he needs to be a slave to whatever destiny he’s supposed to fulfill.”

Both of the girls were quiet, lost in their thoughts. After a while, Ginny straightened up and continued her story. “Anyway, when the rain started, we ran for it. Harry slipped and pulled me down with him. He laughed and made fun of me, so I retaliated by smearing his face with mud.”

“And then?” Hermione asked eagerly.

“We got up, dashed to the changing rooms and then went back to the castle,” Ginny said, finishing her tale abruptly with a sly grin on her face.

“Ginny!”

“Oh, all right. He pinned me to the ground then he threatened to tickle me, and all of a sudden his eyes got all… smoldery and intense.” Ginny felt her face grow warm at the memory of the way Harry had stared at her mouth. “Then he said my name in this really sexy voice, you know, when his voice becomes all husky and gravelly and… ” She sighed and stared dreamily into space.

“Ginny? Hello?” Hermione waved her hand in front of her face. “Anybody home?”

“Oh sorry, I got kind of carried away there,” she smiled abstractedly at her friend, who shook her head in amusement.

“Just get on with the story.”

“Right. Where was I? Oh yeah, after he said my name — in this really sexy voice, I told you that, right?”

Hermione nodded impatiently.

“Oh, okay. Harry leaned his head toward me and then—” Ginny paused dramatically.

“And then? What?” Hermione leaned forward excitedly. “What?”

“A bolt of lightning almost hit us.” She gave Hermione a mournful look. “Needless to say, the moment was lost. You suppose the universe is trying to tell me something?”

“Bad luck, that’s all.” Hermione patted her arm consolingly.

“I was probably imagining things anyway. Maybe he wasn’t trying to kiss me at all. I probably had a Hagrid-sized spot developing on my chin that he couldn’t stop staring at.”

Hermione started laughing. “The things you come up with, Ginny. Your face is spotless, as far I can see.”

“That’s because I put Mrs. Skower’s All-Purpose Magical Mess Remover on my chin last night. Works on lurking spots and anything else. Well, except on these stupid freckles,” Ginny conceded, wrinkling her nose in disgust.

Hermione was taken aback. “You put a household cleaning product on your face?”

“Yep. Mum swears by it. All the boys have used it throughout the years. I remember Percy used up one whole canister in a single day. He had a really bad acne problem when he was younger,” Ginny confided. “I bet he still has a can in his desk at the Ministry, the pompous bugger.”

“Ginny, that stuff is used to remove ink stains, amongst other nastier things!” Hermione looked appalled. “It’s used to clean the loo, for goodness’ sake!”

“So? What’s your point?”

“Why don’t you just charm the spot away? Or use some diluted bubotuber pus?”

“What? You do remember what happened to poor Eloise Midgen’s nose when she tried that, don’t you?” Ginny shuddered. “And as for bubotuber pus, it’s really manky. I’ll stick to Mrs. Skower’s, thank you.”

Hermione rolled her eyes and gave up. “So, what are you going to do about Harry?”

Ginny shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know.”

“Why don’t you tell him how you feel? Maybe then he’ll actually get around to kissing you properly.”

Ginny slumped onto her back. “I did try telling him how I feel, but I messed it up and accidentally told Peakes instead.”

Hermione laughed. “Is that why the poor boy was following you around like a lost puppy?”

“Yeah, but I set him straight right away. And bless his heart, he wasn’t too cheesed off about it.” Ginny smiled ruefully then absentmindedly chewed on a fingernail. “Hermione, why do you think Harry tried to kiss me?”

“Correct me if I’m mistaken,” Hermione said cautiously, “but when a boy kisses you — or at least attempts to kiss you — doesn’t that usually mean he likes you? I mean, Harry’s not the type of boy who would go around trying to kiss anybody. Merlin knows he had the hardest time working up the nerve to kiss Cho, and in the end, she was the one who kissed him. Harry didn’t know what to make of it.” Hermione chuckled at the memory of Harry’s gobsmacked face after that memorable night in the Room of Requirement. “I think he was rather disappointed by the whole thing.”

Ginny laughed along with Hermione, then stared pensively at the ceiling. “Do you really suppose Harry does fancy me then?”

“Oh, he most definitely does, you know,” a voice called out from across the room. Ginny and Hermione traded startled glances when the hangings were flung open and Lavender and Parvati stood there, giggling at them.

“Do you mind?” Lavender said, making herself comfortable on Hermione’s bed without waiting for an answer. Her blonde hair caught up in two fat plaits, making her appear like a little girl. Parvati sat down beside her, weaving her long black hair into an intricate knot at the base of her head.

Hermione looked displeased at the unwelcome intrusion, but before she could ask her roommates to leave, Lavender spoke up again, “Ginny, everyone who’s got eyes knows that Harry likes you a lot. It’s really so obvious.”

“Lavender’s right; it’s so obvious,” Parvati agreed, giving her hair a final twist and anchoring it with her wand. She reached out to touch Ginny’s messy ponytail. “Can I plait your hair for you, Ginny? You have beautiful hair.”

“Yes, Harry seems to think so, doesn’t he?” Lavender said slyly. “I saw him playing with your hair the other day. It was so sweet.”

Ginny blushed as Parvati’s hands started moving dexterously. Had everybody noticed how much attention Harry paid to her hair?

“There, all done,” Parvati declared, looking at her handiwork with satisfaction.

Ginny twisted around to look in the mirror above Hermione’s dresser. Her hair was done up in a complicated French braid and although Ginny liked it, she could not help but remember that Harry had said that he liked it better loose on her shoulders.

“If I had a boy look at me the way Harry looks at you, Ginny…” Parvati said, then gave a theatrical shudder and sighed longingly. “Those eyes! So intense!”

Lavender squealed and placed her hand over her chest, pretending to swoon. “Oh yes, he looks like he wants to gobble you up!” She and Parvati dissolved into uncontrollable giggles.

“Gobble me up? Harry doesn’t look at me like that! We’re good friends!” Ginny squeaked, her face flaming scarlet.

Parvati snorted. “I’d like to be Harry’s good friend then, if I can have him look at me like that.”

Lavender nodded vigorously. “Me too. Come on, Ginny, you can’t honestly tell us that you don’t like him back.”

Hermione stood up. “Okay, you two. Stop harassing the poor girl. You’re making her uncomfortable.” She flapped her hands at them, shooing them away.

Rolling their eyes at Hermione's bossiness, Lavender and Parvati winked mischievously at Ginny then sauntered back to their respective beds. “You’ll make a great-looking couple, Ginny,” Lavender called out over her shoulder.

“Honestly. Those two are too much,” Hermione huffed, dropping down on her bed again. She stretched out on her side with her head propped up on one hand. “But I have to admit, they’re actually right, you know.”

Ginny drew her knees up under her chin. “About what?”

“That you and Harry would make a lovely couple.” Hermione smiled knowingly. “You’re good for each other, Ginny. You’ll make each other happy.”

“That’s what Ron said.”

“Your brother said that?” Hermione gasped in surprise.

“I know. Who knew he could be so perceptive?” Ginny looked slyly at her friend. “Someone must be a good influence on him.”

Hermione’s cheeks reddened again. “I should hope so,” she said loftily. “So, what’s going to happen to this whole getting over Harry thing?” Hermione asked her. “I’m telling you, Ginny, it’s really an exercise in futility. Especially since Harry—” She stopped abruptly and pressed her lips together.

“Especially since Harry what? Hermione, how come I’m getting the impression that you know something that I don’t?” Ginny eyed her friend suspiciously.

“Don’t ask me any details, Ginny, but trust me when I say that Harry likes you that way,” Hermione said firmly. “You just need to tell him how you feel about him.”

“Why can’t he be the first one to tell me how he feels?”

“Because this is Harry we’re talking about. He’s never been good at expressing his feelings verbally. You have to tell him first, or at least show him that you care about him as more than a friend before you can expect him to do anything.”

Ginny stared at Hermione’s earnest face for a while, then sat up straight. “All right, I’ve given up on getting over him,” she said decisively. “And if the opportunity presents itself again, I’ll tell him how I feel.” Ginny nodded thoughtfully. “I do know one thing, though.”

Hermione raised her eyebrows. “Oh? What’s that?”

“Next time Harry tries to kiss me, I’m not going to let anything stop him from doing so,” Ginny said resolutely. “Even if I have to Accio his lips to mine, and then put a Permanent Sticking Charm on them.”
*



A/N: Only a few more chapters to go! Thanks are in order for Chreechree, the most bodacious beta on the planet. I would like everyone to go and read her absolutely magnificent one-shot, Willpower, which is also on this site. You'll be missing a lot if you don't! So what are you waiting for? Go on and read it!

Lots of luuurve to everyone who nominated this story for the October DSTA.

Reviews are most welcome.
Reviews 515
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear