Search:

SIYE Time:15:50 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


A Wedding at the New Burrow
By Khrys

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP, Post-Hogwarts
Characters:Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 6
Summary: Based in an AU (The Boy Who Lived Universe), Neville and Luna plan to get married after the final battle and downfall of Voldemort. The old Burrow, having been destroyed in battle, has been rebuilt and Molly and Arthur have graciously invited Neville and Luna to get married under the beauty of the new Magnolia tree. Follow Neville, Luna, Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Molly, Arthur, Fred, George, and their girls as they make it from planning to execution. Can they pull off the first ever wedding at the New Burrow? Will everyone approve? Will someone get cold feet?
Hitcount: Story Total: 5238



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
Author’s Note: J.K. Rowling created the world in which I work. Everything Harry is hers alone. A special thank you to Lily_Evans34 for helping me out with some rough patches!!




ChapterPrinter


You are Mine

Section One: Pre Wedding Jitters



“T minus twenty-four hours and counting.”

“I know,” Neville responded thoughtfully, ignoring the humour in her voice. “We’re talking about a wedding, Luna, not the launching of a Muggle rocket.”

“You don't look happy about it,” Luna pointed out with worry filling her eyes.

“I just think we need to talk about a few things before everyone shows up,” Neville admitted, exhaling loudly.

“Is this about our vows again?” Luna demanded.

Neville nodded, a slight flesh creeping up his cheeks. “I know you don't...”

“There's no argument you can make that will change my mind, Nev,” Luna announced, her eyes flashing dangerously.

“But...”

“No buts,” Luna declared. “If I wanted to know how Harry felt about Ginny, I'd go get a Pensieve and watch their wedding ceremony again. I want to know how you feel about me.”

“But he....”

“No, Neville,” Luna interrupted with finality. “I want you to write your own vows. You may not use Harry's.”

“Fine,” Neville deferred, admitting defeat. “I’ll agree to write my own vows if you’ll agree to a few restrictions on yours.”

“Why, of course,” Luna agreed instantly.

“Wait a tick. You agreed before I had given you the stipulations. Are my vows that important to you?”

“Yes,” she responded simply. “They are.”

“Oh,” Neville balked. “You don't have anything up your sleeve?”

When Luna's eyes began to sparkle, Neville's filled with fear.

“I'm not even wearing sleeves,” Luna retorted, smiling broadly, indicating her sundress. “What are your conditions?”

“Well, okay,” Neville sputtered. “I would greatly appreciate it if you didn't mention anything to do with sex.” His voice trailed off momentarily before he gathered his courage and picking up steam. “Please don't mention anything about Ginny and Hermione being pregnant and please don't talk about Harry or Ron naked. And, for the love of Merlin, can you not mention the anatomy of any of your father's imaginary creatures?”

Neville closed his eyes and prepared for an outburst. One that Ron and Harry had assured him would come. Even though the Luna he knew would never throw a tantrum, Neville was prepared to believe them since they had been telling him all about married life.

Luna merely smiled at Neville's request. “Very well then, it’s settled. You’ll write your own vows and I'll refrain from mentioning any of the aforesaid topics.”

“It's just that you tend to ramble when you get nervous and everyone we know will be there, including Gran and, and I don't want to disappoint...” Neville opened his eyes and saw Luna grinning at him. “Are you sure?”

Luna nodded as a loud voice intruded on their private conversation.

“Yeah, Luna, are you sure you wanna marry Neville?” Ron called from the doorway.

“I've heard some great things about him,” Luna called back, challenging Ron.

“He is a great Herbologist,” Harry yelled from behind Ron.

“But he's the most uncoordinated bloke I've ever danced with,” Ginny added.

“That wouldn't surprise me,” Neville admitted, blushing to the roots of his hair.

“I could charm your shoes for you,” Hermione offered excitedly. “I've read about this cushioning charm...”

Everyone had a hearty laugh as Neville did a clumsy imitation of the pirouette and stepped on Luna's foot in the process.

“I might take you up on your offer, Hermione,” Luna gasped.

Neville sank his arm around Luna shoulder and pulled her close. He kissed her temple gently before turning to Harry and Ron. With the arm behind Luna's head, Neville motioned frantically at the door.

“So, uh, are you ready to go, Neville?” Harry asked.

“Definitely. What will you lovely ladies be doing today?”

“That is none of your business,” Ginny chided.

“We'd better get out of here before they start talking about nausea and food cravings,” Ron grimaced.

“You try being pregnant, you git,” Hermione retorted.

“Are you kidding?” Ron sputtered with a look of horror on his face. “Even I wouldn't touch some of the things I've seen you scarf down.”

Hermione raised her wand in response and there were three soft 'pops' as the wizards left.

“Are you still up for our plans?” Luna asked addressing the two very pregnant witches in front of her.

“Surely you jest,” Ginny said dramatically.

“This is going to be my last chance to gut the house before the baby arrives,” Hermione exclaimed.

Ginny stood, holding her large stomach, nodding furiously in agreement.

“Okay. First we’re off to the Burrow, then Madam Malkin's, then back here to relax before we turn in for the night.”

After three more soft 'pops' the room was temporarily empty. Seconds after the witches left, Harry, Ron, and Neville returned with their purchases.

“Is the coast clear?” Harry whispered.

“They've gone,” Neville whispered back.

Harry pulled the invisibility cloak off and the three of them set about sorting out their purchases. Harry conjured several glasses, since he held a bottle of firewhiskey, and poured them each a drink.

“Are you ready to create?” Ron asked

“No,” Neville coughed, choking on his first taste of firewhiskey.

“Buck up, Mate,” Ron said pleasantly. “It's not that bad.”

“Maybe not for you,” Neville retorted. “Or Harry,” he added almost as an afterthought.

Neville drained his glass and handed it to Harry for a refill. Harry took it silently and filled it up quickly. He looked deep in thought as he handed the glass back to Neville, absently ignoring Ron's outstretched arm.

Ron looked thoroughly put out and set his glass down with a clunk. He put his hand back out, mumbled a few words, and caught the bottle of firewhiskey deftly as it flew toward him.

Harry didn't seem to notice that the bottle was no longer in his hand and suddenly snapped out of his reverie and began to talk to Neville.

“You know, Neville, I think you're going about this and the wrong way,” Harry told him gently.

“Explain,” Neville demanded.

Harry was slightly taken aback at Neville's tone, but chalked it up to firewhiskey fueled nerves. “Tell me how you feel about Luna,” he encouraged.

Neville, in bold and by the alcohol, answered more easily than he would have under normal circumstances.

“I love her. I've been in love with her since before I knew what true love was. While her strangeness and quirky behavior might put off other people, those are the parts about her that I love best. I love how she says my name. I love how she holds my hand. I love how her shoulder fits perfectly underneath mine when we sit on the couch together. She only has a few, but I love every single freckle on her creamy white...”

“Neville,” Ron interrupted, “I don't think that's something you should include in your vows.”

“Besides,” Harry observed, “I think you have written your vows.”

“I have?” Neville cried wondrously. “It's not very formal. I don't think it is what Luna is looking for.”

“Neville, you are one of my best friends. With the exception of Ginny, who I have to trust or she would hex me into oblivion, you and Ron are the two blokes I trust most in this crazy world. Trust me when I tell you that I am absolutely certain that is what Luna is looking for.” Harry clapped Neville on the back and congratulated him heartily.

“Harry is right, Neville,” Ron affirmed. “All Luna wants is to know how you feel. Stand up there tomorrow and tell her.” Ron turned to Harry with a smirk on his face and added nonchalantly, “I can't wait to tell Hermione that she was the only one not on your trust list.”

“I did it,” Neville boomed drunkenly, covering Harry’s cries of protest.

“Now all you have to worry about,” Harry reflected, “is making sure everything goes perfectly smoothly tomorrow night.”

“You mean tomorrow,” Neville corrected. “Right?”

“No, Neville,” Harry snorted. “I mean tomorrow night.”

“Oh, Merlin! I hadn't even thought about that,” Neville said worriedly. His face started to change color, going through every shade imaginable before settling on a sickly green shade. Neville burped quietly and then promptly threw up.
While Harry and Ron were helping Neville cleanup the sitting room, Luna was at the Burrow with the Hermione and Ginny. They were helping Mrs. Weasley put the finishing touches on the decorations.

“I can hardly believe that this is the first wedding we will be having since we rebuilt the Burrow,” Molly exclaimed. “It is so nice to know that all of my children will be under the same roof again, even if it is only for one night.”

“Everyone will be here?” Luna asked in amazement.

“Everyone?” Ginny echoed.

“Even Bill?” Hermione asked curiously. “He hasn’t been himself since Fleur died.”

“Yes. He said he’s looking forward to it.”

“Charlie and Cordilia too?”

“Yes. They both got the time off work. They’ll be here first thing tomorrow morning.”

“What about Penelope and P.J.?”

“That would be the definition of the everyone,” Molly teased. “Penelope has been bringing P.J. by every week for a visit.”

“P.J.?” Luna questioned.

“Percy Junior,” Ginny explained. “Everyone figures that it hurts Penelope to be reminded of Percy, which is why we call him P.J.”

“Thankfully he seems to be taking after his mother,” Molly remarked. “I loved my son, but his attitude did leave something to be desired from time to time.”

“Molly,” Luna said quietly. “I can't thank you and Arthur enough. The two of you have gone above and beyond. You have made Neville and I feel like family and filled our lives with love. I can't thank you enough for offering to host our wedding. And, I don't speak for Neville, but it means the world to me that Arthur offered to stand in my father's place and give me away.”

There were tears in Molly's eyes and she dabbed at them with her apron before responding. “You and Neville ceased to be my son's friends and became family the day you fought alongside all of us. The two of you gave everything you had to protect our family. In such a time of loss, I couldn't have asked for a better way to remember the positive aspects of life. And then, the most devastating thing that could have happened did. My Ickle Ronniekins married Hermione in a Muggle ceremony in a Muggle church.” Mrs. Weasley smiled at Hermione, making sure that she knew that it was just gentle teasing before continuing. “Oh, sure, I got to be there. And, Hermione was a beautiful bride, but there's something to be said for a wedding at home. And you and Neville have given that to me; that’s all the thanks I need.”

“I couldn't agree more,” Hermione assured Molly. “If only your stubborn son had put his foot down.”

All four of them had a good chuckle at Ron's expense. It was common knowledge that Ron had taken no part in planning the wedding ceremony, and in retaliation, Hermione had insisted that everything be done in the traditional Muggle ways.

“Before you leave,” Molly reminded Luna, “I just want to make sure that you and Neville still want the same ceremony that Harry and Ginny had.”

“Yes,” Luna replied. “We both agreed on a complete ceremony.”

“Excellent. It's a good choice,” Molly advised.

After a few hours of chatting and decorating, the three young witches took their leave and, after hugging Molly, left for their final fittings at Madam Malkin's. Thankfully the dresses still fit perfectly despite Ginny and Hermione's expanding waistlines.

Before they knew it, the fittings were done and all three dresses had been packed up and sent to the Burrow.

“There's not much left to do,” Luna observed.

“Actually there's nothing to do,” Hermione corrected.

“Nothing to do but worry,” Luna exclaimed.

“Worry?” Ginny exploded. “What do you have to worry about? Your ceremony will go off without a hitch. Neville will be a perfect gentleman and you will be a stunning bride.”

“What about Neville's vows?” Luna moaned.

“He's working on them with Harry and Ron; what can go wrong?” Hermione asked.

“Oh Merlin,” Ginny roared. “We'd better get back before they convince him to say something incredibly stupid.”

“You finally see my point,” Luna chuckled. “Actually, I think that Harry and Ron will have a good influence on Neville and I'm sure that the vows will be perfect. Just to be sure, we should go back to the flat and check on them.”

They returned to find three very inebriated wizards. In no shape to Apparate home, Luna insisted that everybody stay the night in the flat. Hermione and Ginny agreed after finding there was no way to rouse their husbands. Luna conjured several camp beds in the sitting room. Two of them were normal Muggle camp beds but the other two were specially designed with the extra padding and thick cushions to keep Ginny and Hermione comfortable during the night. Luna managed to drag a babbling Neville down the hallway to the room they shared. She tucked him into bed and kissed his forehead before retiring to her own bed.

As she lay in bed, Luna thought back on her relationship with Neville. They had lived together for two years, and for two years they had shared a room but never a bed. Neville had respected her and her desire to wait. Luna grinned as she remembered several times in their relationship that she had wanted to chuck the idea of sleeping in separate beds and tackle Neville. She giggled aloud at the thought of the look that Neville would have had on his face if she had tackled him. Still chuckling, Luna closed her eyes in an attempt to sleep and whispered softly, “T minus six hours and counting, my love.”


Forever and Always

Section Two: W-Day



Neville woke up with a splitting headache. He sat up, felt his head spin off into another dimension, and lay back down onto the covers immediately. He felt a cool hand on his forehead and struggled to open his eyes.

“Neville,” Luna whispered. “Drink this.

“Don’t shout,” Neville begged. “I’ll drink it.”

Luna held the cup steady while Neville drank the entire contents.

“That was right foul,” he lamented, burping loudly.

“So are you,” Luna giggled. “Take a shower and get to the Burrow. We’re running a little late.”

“A little late?” Hermione repeated as Luna entered the sitting room. “I think we’re more than a little late.”

“What are they going to do,” Luna teased, “start the ceremony without us?”

Hermione and Ginny exchanged a weary glance.

“Are you alright, Luna?” Ginny asked carefully. “You seem rather, uh, chipper.”

“I’m getting married,” Luna whispered. “I’m getting married,” she continued, a bit louder. Finally, she closed her eyes and screamed, “I’m getting married.”

“Yes. We know,” Ron grumbled from under a pile of blankets.

“The whole ruddy world knows,” Harry added under his breath.

“Harry James Potter,” Ginny admonished. “The least you can do is try to help Neville get to the Burrow on time.”

“What time is it?” Ron groaned.

“Ronald Bilius Weasley!” Hermione shrieked. “Get out of that bed and get Neville to the Burrow. The wedding starts in less than two hours!”

“We’re leaving,” Luna announced, acutely aware that a wicked fight was about to erupt between the pregnant witches and their husbands, who both had horrible hangovers.

When they arrived at the Burrow, Luna was startled to see that Molly, Arthur, Bill, Charlie, Cordi, Fred, and George had been hard at work. They had recreated Harry and Ginny’s wedding down to the last detail.

Luna, Hermione, and Ginny were all amazed at the transformation in the garden. The Clabberts were in the Magnolia tree again, their pustules glowing purple in the light of the early evening. The entire tent appeared to be surrounded by a purple haze. The material of the tent was sheer, and allowed the light of the Clabberts through. The strands of flowers danced merrily in the small breeze causing the bells to ring softly.

Hermione gasped when she saw the intricate gold writing that blazed in the little sunlight that was left in the sky. She walked down the first row looking for her name, just as she had when Harry and Ginny got married. She reached the end and started down the second row. She quickly found her name. To her delight, she was seated in between Ron and Harry. Ginny was directly to the left of Harry.

“I can’t believe that Molly remembered all of this,” Hermione exclaimed.

“What did you think mothers were for?” Molly asked, appearing from the kitchen just in time to catch Luna’s reaction and Hermione’s comment.

“Molly,” Luna gushed. “I’m overwhelmed. I had no idea that you would go through this much trouble for Neville and me.”

“After everything we talked about yesterday,” Molly chided. “How could you think we would do anything less? Now, get yourselves upstairs and get changed.”

“Yes Mum,” they called in unison.

“Wait,” Molly commanded.

“Yes?” they chorused innocently.

“Where are the boys?”

“They’re…” Luna began.

“…Still at…” Ginny continued.

“The flat,” Hermione finished before they Apparated into the house.

“Those boys,” Molly sighed, shaking her head. “They’d miss their own wedding if they didn’t have help. So, help it is.” She turned to the tented area where Fred and George were whispering with Angelina and Katie. “Fred. George. Go wake up your brothers.”

“Are you sure,” Angelina began.

“That you want them to go?” Katie asked, finishing the question.

“Don’t you,” Fred started.

“…Trust us?” George asked.

“We are,” Fred said, wiggling his eyebrows.

“Your fiancées,” George said, leering at the ladies.

“We’ll bring him back, Molly,” Angelina offered.

“We’ll go with them,” George suggested enthusiastically.

“I don’t care who goes! Just go get them! And boys, I trust that you will use good judgment in getting them here in one piece for the wedding,” Molly declared, her eyes glinting with the promise of a sound telling off if they didn’t bring Neville, in the very least, back in one piece for his own wedding.

“Good judgment,” George promised, saluting his mother.

“Absolutely perfect judgment,” Fred vowed.

“Thank you,” Molly called out over her shoulder as she went to help the girls dress for the wedding.

Fred and George, followed shortly by Angelina and Katie, Apparated into the flat that Luna and Neville shared. When they got there, they found Harry, Ron, and Neville dressed in their very best and just about to leave for the Burrow.

“Absolutely corking,” Fred breathed.

“Just spiffing,” George added, nodding rapidly.

“We thought we were going to have the opportunity to use these,” Fred announced, holding up three small triangular pieces of plastic.

“Our newest product,” George remarked proudly.

“You were going to use those?” Angelina and Katie screamed in unison.

“You knew that they would have hangovers,” Katie accused.

“I know that you are going to tell me, George, that you really had no intention of using those,” Angelina demanded harshly.

“No, dear, of course not. Fred and I were just playing around,” George squawked as Angelina poked him in the ribs.

“What are they?” Neville asked meekly.

“I don’t think we want to know, Neville,” Ron reasoned. “They might explode, or worse.”

“Well,” Harry began. “I, for one, would like to know what you have been doing with your talents. What do they do?”

“We call them,” Fred announced grandly.

“Killer Kures,” George proclaimed, waving his hands exuberantly.

“And,” Harry prompted. “What do they do?”

“Oh,” Fred exclaimed. “What don’t they do?”

“What don’t they do indeed,” George cackled.

“For the love of Merlin,” Katie growled.

“They are Fred and George’s idea of a hangover cure,” Angelina scoffed. “They explode in a blinding light, shower you with cold water, emit a loud noise…”

“Quite similar to a Muggle foghorn,” Fred interrupted.

Angelina glared at him before continuing. “Really, all it does is annoy someone who is already not feeling well. It’s completely useless.”

Fred and George had identical looks of astonishment on their face, while Angelina and Katie both looked triumphant.

“Useless?” Fred screeched.

“Useless?” George echoed.

“Useless!” Angelina and Katie roared.

Harry, Neville, and Ron all stared at the two couples in shock. None of them knew what to expect, although they were all sure that Fred and George were on the verge of exploding.

“We’ll show you useless,” they thundered.

Fred handed George one of the triangles and pocketed one so that they each had a ‘Killer Kure’ in their hand. What they did next seemed to happen in slow motion. They both threw the triangles at the floor in the same instant.

“Surprise,” Fred and George yelled as a cloud of smoke enveloped Angelina and Katie.

“What is this?” Angelina asked.

“Fred, I can’t breathe,” Katie complained.

Unbeknownst to the two witches surrounded by smoke, Fred and George had pulled ring boxes out of their pockets and dropped to one knee in front of their girlfriends. Harry, Neville, and Ron, trying not to laugh and failing miserably, settled on pretending to choke on the smoke to cover their laughter.

George glared at them, silencing them while Fred waved his wand and made the smoke disappear.

“Will you, Angelina,” George began.

“And you, Katie,” Fred continued.

“Marry me,” George pleaded.

“And me?” Fred finished.

The two exchanged a long glance before answering in one voice. “Yes.”

“See,” Fred joked.

“It wasn’t useless,” George insisted.

“It just didn’t work the way we told you it would,” Fred explained.

“So you lied to us?” Angelina growled.

Harry looked at Ron, who grabbed Neville’s arm.

“We’ll be going now,” Harry announced.

“I don’t think they care,” Ron whispered. “Let’s get out of here before anything explodes.”

“Don’t forget the wedding starts in under an hour,” Neville called as they Apparated to the Burrow, leaving Angelina and Katie furious and Fred and George confused.

When Harry, Neville, and Ron arrived, the guests were already sitting in their seats, munching on snacks Molly had made the previous night. Ron and Harry got a snack before they found their seats quickly.

Fifteen minutes before the ceremony was to begin, Fred, George, Angelina, and Katie appeared in the back. They all looked much happier as they took their seats. Five minutes later, Hermione and Ginny arrived and took their seats next to their husbands.

With five minutes until the ceremony was to begin, Molly and Arthur appeared at the back of the seats, waiting for Luna. Neville stood in the tent, to the left of the aralus, looking like a Mooncalf caught in the daylight.

Luna appeared next to Molly and Arthur just a moment before the ceremony was to begin. Neville’s grandmother stepped up to give Luna a quick hug before she took her seat. Molly sat next to her while Luna took Arthur’s arm and they Apparated to the tent. Arthur guided her to the right side of the aralus and then returned to his seat next to Molly.

Just as the clock should have been striking four, had there been a clock in the tent, the Ministry Official appeared between Neville and Luna.

Luna stood across from Neville, looking radiant in her flowing white dress. Her blonde hair fell down her back in a loose braid. Her dress was made of plain satin and hung stiffly as she stood quietly waiting for the ceremony to begin.

Luna and Neville faced each other, standing across the aralus, and entwined their hands. The Ministry Official introduced himself to the couple.

“I am Ministry Official Edwards. You may call me Russ,” he told them, speaking quietly so only they could hear.

“Pleasure to meet you.” Neville’s voice sounded high and anxious as he replied.

“Are you prepared to begin?” Russ asked.

“We are,” Luna responded.

“I understand that you are interested in the complete ceremony. Is that correct?” he asked as he doubled checked the schedule that had appeared in his hand.

“Yes,” Neville responded timidly

“Please kneel,” he instructed.

Neville kneeled first, placing himself on the aralus carefully to avoid falling flat on his face. Luna kneeled across from him clumsily. Her stiff dress was making it difficult to kneel.

“When you are ready,” Russ told them.

Neville looked deeply into Luna’s eyes. She smiled at him, giving him courage. They linked their hands according to the Ministry Official’s instructions. Neville captured Luna’s right hand between his palms and then she pressed the palm of her left had against the back of his right hand. When their hands were in place, there was a faint glow around the couple. Together they spoke the words of their unbreakable marriage vows.

“Make of our hands, one hand.” A ring of light encircled their hands. It appeared tilted to the left as it rotated around them.

“Make of our hearts, one heart.” A second ring of light encircled their hands. This one appeared to be tilted to the right as it also rotated around them.

“Make of our lives, one life.” A third ring of light encircled their hands. This one rotated around them like the Prime Meridian on a Muggle globe.

“Now it begins. Now we start. One hand. One Heart. Even death won’t part us now.” The bands expanded to form a glowing sphere. It glowed brightly in the silence.

After a moment, the light faded. There was a plain gold bracelet on Luna’s left wrist. Neville had a black band around his left wrist, smaller than Bill’s had been, but wider than Harry’s. It appeared to be made of the finest silk strands woven together in a complex pattern. The Ministry Official took note of their wrists, nodded and asked them if they were ready to continue.

Neville nodded. “I’ll go first,” he stated boldly.

The Ministry Official nodded again. “When you’re ready.”

“Luna. It took me a long time to find the words to tell you how I feel. At first, it was because I was afraid of letting you down. I didn’t want you to hear my words and think that I love you any less that I truly do. I love you. Plain and simple. It’s as easy as that. I love you because you are my best friend. I love you because you have accepted me as yours. I love how your voice sounds when you call my name and how your hand feels when it is clasped in mine. I love how perfectly we fit together, the two of us, in everything we do. You are mine, forever and always, Luna, I love you.”

When he was done there was complete silence until Harry and Ron whooped. They continued to hoot until the Ministry Official glared at them. Neville slid a thin gold band onto her left ring finger.

“Are you ready?” Russ asked Luna. “Or do you need a moment?”

“I’m ready,” Luna replied softly.

“Neville. You are my best friend. I don’t know anyone else who could possibly love me in spite of my quirks. I don’t know anyone who would stand up for me, knowing that I was acting odd on purpose. I don’t know anyone who would conjure all of the blue sweaters in Hogwarts just for me. Most importantly, though, is that I know that there is no one else I want to be with. I love you, Neville. You are mine, always and forever.”

Luna’s vows were greeted with a strained silence, as not many people understood some of her comments. Neville, however, understood them and was blushing profusely. She slid a thicker gold band onto his left ring finger.

They arose from the aralus and faced the crowd. The Ministry Official announced them as Mr. and Mrs. Longbottom, before vanishing.

“I would like to present my wife, Luna Longbottom,” Neville stated proudly.




Always and Forever

Section Three: The Aftermath


The party was in full swing when Neville and Luna returned from the house. As they approached the reception, Neville’s jaw nearly hit the floor upon seeing the number of guests.

“Were they all here for the ceremony?” Neville whispered discretely.

“Yes,” Luna replied softly with a quiet chuckle. “Didn’t you notice them, my love?”

“No,” Neville admitted sheepishly. “I was too nervous to notice anyone other than you.”

“Surely you saw your Gran,” Luna protested.

“No. Is she here?”

“Yes. What about Russ?”

“Who?”

“Russ Edwards.”

“Is he a friend of Harry’s?” Neville asked under his breath.

“Neville,” Luna admonished.

“I’m only joshing you.” Neville smiled broadly as they grew near to the crowd of people. “He’s a friend of Gran’s, obviously.”

“Neville.” Luna’s voice was raised just enough to catch Neville’s attention. She was careful not to alert the crowd to their hushed discussion.

“What? He is. Did you want me to tell you that he was the Ministry Official who performed our ceremony? How could I miss something that important?”

Luna smiled at Neville’s gentle teasing, realizing that her fears had been unfounded. There was no tension between them, as she had feared there would be.

“What are you smiling at?” Neville asked conversationally.

“I’m your wife,” she chuckled. “Is it safe to mention sex yet?”

Neville’s face flushed so deeply that it was almost purple. He could not answer her question for two important reasons. First and foremost, it was mainly because his breath was caught in his throat. It was also due, in no small part, to the fact that they had arrived at the edge of the dance floor and were surrounded by family and friends. There’s no answer I can give at this point that won’t make me sound like a randy wanker.

Neville shook hands with Arthur, George, Bill, Fred, Charlie, George again, Remus, Fred again, Moody, and George — one last time — before Molly pulled him into a bone crushing hug.

“Hey,” Fred protested. “I didn’t get to…”

“Sod off,” Molly mumbled into Neville’s shoulder so that only he could hear her.

Neville started to chuckle and he was thankful that the embrace muffled the sound.

“Mum,” George protested loudly.

Neville was still chuckling when Molly finally released him. He watched as she turned to envelop Luna in an equally tight embrace. Fred and George looked thrilled at the developing situation and Neville was thrilled that the opening notes of the band saved him from whatever they had planned for him.

The first dance is always for the newlyweds,” Molly announced. “Go,” she ordered, shoving Neville toward the dance floor. “Go on now,” she repeated.

Luna grabbed Neville’s hand as he stumbled forward and, keeping him slightly off balance, she pulled him into the middle of the dance floor.

Nervously Neville wrapped his arms around Luna’s waist and tried with all his might to remember what Professor McGonagall had said about dancing. He had asked her for advice before the Yule Ball and, while her advice had been helpful then — or so he thought — he had forgotten everything she had said. When he heard Luna gasp in pain, he stopped trying to remember the advice and started concentrating on his own feet. After the third or fourth time he heard Luna breath in sharply, he glanced at Hermione helplessly.

He saw that she was berating Ron, presumably for the hooting after his vows, and it took him a while to catch her attention. In the end, he could only catch Ron’s attention, as Hermione was deeply involved in her rant. Ron snickered at the stricken look on Neville’s face. Hermione noticed Neville and elbowed Ron in the ribs before attempting the charm she had read about. She waved her hand covertly and muttered an incantation. Seconds later, she smiled at Neville encouragingly.

The rest of the dance was infinitely more enjoyable for both Neville and Luna. With the new protective spell in place, the dance ended entirely too soon for Neville’s taste. When the music stopped, he led her to the edge of the dance floor so they could greet more of their guests.

The lead singer of the group, Wyld Wyzards, had other plans for the newlyweds. He grabbed the magical microphone and hopped off the small stage. “Where’s the bride?” he boomed, making everyone slightly uncomfortable as it was obvious exactly where the bride was standing.

He strode across the dance floor, dragging Luna with him. When they were in the center of the dance floor, Neville watched in horror as the lead singer began his spiel.

“Now,” he began. “Where is the bride’s father?”

Luna’s eyes welled up instantly. Neville grew furious and started across the dance floor with murder in his eyes.

“It’s time for the traditional…”

The microphone was unceremoniously torn from his hand before he could complete his sentence and devastate Luna any further.

“Best friend dance,” Neville finished.

His voice was full of tenderness and concern, but his eyes were flashing with rage. I know that Molly informed the band there wasn’t to be a Father/Daughter dance as there is no bloody father.

Luna clutched Neville’s arm sadly and clung to him as he motioned to Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione. Harry and Ginny joined him on the dance floor immediately. Ginny hugged Luna tightly, which was a difficult feat as she was still clinging to Neville. Harry patted her back awkwardly and she threw herself into his arms, sobbing loudly.

Hermione, momentarily distracted from yelling at Ron by Luna’s sobs, charged across the dance floor as quickly as possible for a pregnant woman. Ron, who had been trying with all his might to follow Hermione’s reproachful speech, had no idea what had happened to Luna. The scene had unfolded while he was cringing from Hermione’s rebuke and he was flabbergasted when he looked up. Trying to help, he rushed across the dance floor and gathered all five of his friends into a gigantic hug.

“Ron,” Ginny protested.

“Ronald,” Hermione yelped.

“Sorry,” Ron sighed. “I was just trying to help.”

Luna, who had been caught in the center of the giant hug and squashed between Harry, Neville, and Ginny with Hermione’s elbow in her ribs, was the only one to smile. “You did, Ron.”

“Shall we dance?” Neville asked lovingly, holding out his hand to Luna.

“What about my…”

“You look beautiful,” Neville interrupted. “Dance with me.”

“Go start the music,” Neville directed harshly and the lead singer hurried away.

Neville gathered Luna into his arms and they began to rotate in a small circle. They barely moved and their dancing was more like swaying in place. Harry and Ginny danced next to them with Ron and Hermione on the other side.

The music started and the band played a slow, romantic song that brought tears to Molly’s eyes as she watched her children dance together. After a moment of watching them dance alone, she shoved Fred and Katie onto the dance floor, followed shortly thereafter by George, Angelina, Charlie, and Cordi. Soon there were six couples dancing together to the beautiful music. Molly looked at Bill sadly, wondering if he would ever be whole again. She was startled when an attractive witch approached him, and after a moment of conversation, he led her out onto the dance floor. She looked around for Penelope, the last of her ‘children’ and saw her on the edge of the dance floor with P.J. on her feet. With all of her children accounted for, Molly relaxed and began to enjoy the music. She had her arms wrapped around her waist and was swaying back and forth in time to the music. She was startled out of her reverie when her husband tapped her on the shoulder gently and offered her his hand. As they wandered out onto the dance floor, they noticed that several other people had also joined the family.

The music picked up and everyone remained on the dance floor. Luna, Ginny, and Hermione all danced to the new music while Harry, Ron, and Neville tried to look like they could dance. Fred and George took the spotlight with their unique style of dancing that had Professor McGonagall, Moody, Remus and Tonks moving out of their way in order to give them a wide berth.

After a few songs, Ginny and Hermione complained of exhaustion and drug their eager men off the dance floor. Luna and Neville also decided to take a break and get some of Molly’s delicious food. They met around the picnic table that held the enormous spread of food, as well as the many different types of drinks.

Ron and Harry had just poured a couple of glasses of pumpkin juice when Neville and Luna made it to the table. Ginny and Hermione were sitting near the edge snacking on the food and sipping at their juice. Neville handed Luna her own glass of pumpkin juice and she joined them to sit for a few minutes before greeting the rest of her guests. She took off her shoes and rubbed her aching feet as she chatted with Hermione about the Cushioning Charm she had used. Ron and Harry were discussing the intricacies of the wedding night with Neville, scaring him out of his wits.

“I think I’ll check on the girls,” Neville stammered, flushing brightly.

He joined them just in time to hear Ginny complain about her feet. Neville listened in horror as Luna agreed.

“I know. I’m not surprised. In my condition, mine hurt too.”

Ginny smiled, remembering when they had told everyone their good news. Ginny had revealed Hermione’s pregnancy, Hermione had told everyone about Ginny, and Luna had volunteered that she too was pregnant. Ginny and Hermione both snickered at the look Neville had on his face when Luna mentioned her pregnancy. Luna had been joking, which had only served to make the group laugh harder, when Neville started to sputter about being ‘untouched’.

“When you’re pregnant,” Ginny advised, “your feet hurt all the time.”

Neville froze when he heard Ginny’s statement. He looked up in time to see Fred and George scurrying off to find Molly and he knew that he was going to have to do some heavy explaining. The twins had heard what Ginny said, but were unaware of the previous joke.

Neville watched in amazement as Fred and George cornered Molly, spoke to her rapidly, and then disappeared. Molly spoke with Arthur, who also disappeared. Within minutes, Molly had spotted Augusta Longbottom and made her way across the crowded dance floor to speak with her. Knowing what was being said only made it harder to tear his eyes away from the conversation. Neville grimaced as a look of anger came across his Gran’s face.

Before he could warn Luna, Augusta was standing in front of him, glaring down at him with a disappointed look on her face.

Luna stood to greet Augusta with a smile on her face that faded as she saw the stern look aimed at her. “Hello, Augusta,” she said timidly.

“Luna,” Augusta acknowledged, nodding at her. “I need to speak with my grandson.”

“Of course,” Luna agreed.

Without moving, Augusta addressed Neville. “I can’t believe that you would do something so foolish.”

“Foolish?” Neville echoed. “You must be mistaken, Gran.”

“I’m sorry?” Augusta barked, sounding anything but sorry.

“You see,” Neville began slowly. “You must be mistaken. Marrying Luna was anything but foolish. In fact, it’s the least foolish thing I have ever done. Aside from fighting at Harry’s side, of course.”

“How could you be so careless then? Is careless a better word?”

“Whatever do you mean, Gran?” Neville asked, forcing her to say exactly what she was thinking.

“How will you support a child?” she whispered.

“I don’t know,” Neville responded carefully. “I hadn’t thought about it.”

“You haven’t thought about how you are going to support your child?” Augusta said coldly. “I hope you don’t think that I will support your child for you.”

“I wouldn’t ask you to, Gran,” Neville replied reasonably.

Luna moved to Neville’s side and tried to interject. “Augusta, I don’t think you understand.”

“Oh, I understand perfectly, young lady.”

“No,” Luna insisted.

“He got you pregnant,” Augusta bellowed, effectively stopping the party.

“No,” Neville said quietly. “I didn’t.”

“I’m not pregnant,” Luna declared. “Why would you think that?”

Augusta said nothing, but continued to stare at Neville angrily.

Luna grew angry herself and, despite Neville’s protests, she railed at Augusta. “Do you know that your grandson and I have slept in separate beds since we moved in together? I asked him to wait for me, until I was ready to be his wife; until I was ready to share myself with him. He never pushed me. Not once. He allowed me to come to terms with his love in my own time. He treated me with respect, which is more than I can say for you. For the record, I am not pregnant.”

Fred and George had reappeared just in time for Luna’s last sentence and looked incredibly guilty. They quickly hid their packages.

“My grandson,” Augusta began coldly once she regained the ability to speak.

“Your grandson is happy,” Neville exploded. “Can’t you be happy too?”

Augusta turned to leave, mumbling as she went. “All it takes is the right woman to make a boy into a man. It’s about time you found her. I’m proud of the man that you’ve become.”

Neville smiled as she disappeared. That’s the nicest thing she’s ever said to me.

Luna shivered next to him and he pulled her into his arms. “What’s wrong, Mrs. Longbottom?”

“I’m chilly,” Luna grumbled, her teeth chattering as if to prove her point.

“I’ll bet there’s something I can do about that,” Neville noted, his eyes twinkling.

He raised his hand and carefully called for his blue sweater. When it appeared in his hand, he helped Luna into the sleeves and pulled it over her head.

“It’s just not the same, is it?” Luna giggled.

“No,” Neville admitted. “It’s not.”

“Allow me,” Luna begged.

“Certainly.”

Luna raised her hand, smiled broadly and enunciated clearly as she called for the blue sweaters. Once again, they found themselves buried in a pile of sweaters. The party continued on around them as they lay together under several layers of warm yarn.

“I love you, Luna,” Neville whispered.

“I love you too, Nev,” she replied huskily.

“Always and forever?” he asked.

“Forever and always,” she confirmed.

He kissed her gently, pulling her to him and holding her close enough to feel her heartbeat through their clothes. Without another word, he Apparated them beck to their flat where their two separate beds had magically become one.
Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear