Search:

SIYE Time:19:20 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Will He Return?
By annkaro

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 6
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Harry has started his research on the Horcruxes along with Ron and Hermione. Ginny stayed at the Burrow but the helplessness will make her go find Harry. Harry has found the last Horcrux and the last battle with Voldemort is about to begin. Ginny's worried...will he return?
Hitcount: Story Total: 17392; Chapter Total: 2300





Author's Notes:
Much love to my beutiful beta, Rachel! You know I'll be grateful to you forever!!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


WILL HE RETURN?
CHAPTER IV: Confrontation

< br>

I had heard of Godric’s Hollow a few times it was where Harry lived with his parents, but I didn’t know where it was until the next morning. I was going downstairs when I overheard Fred and George through their bedroom door. They were muttering excitedly, which meant that they were up to something; I leaned against the door to hear better.

“So there it is... Are you sure?” asked Fred.

“Yeah, I’ve checked twice,” answered George.

“So, we just Apparate?”

“No, we can’t... We have to Apparate here, by this road, and then we go down the hill,” George explained. It sounded as though he was scratching a piece of paper.

“Ok, see you there,” said Fred.

“Yeah, see you there,” replied George.

A crack indicated that they had just left. I waited a few minutes before entering the room; I glanced around and I saw a piece of paper on George’s desk. I moved toward the desk and took the paper; I examined it, and to my surprise, it was a map of Grodric’s Hollow! I squinted at the map and noticed a tiny red dot with the word “Here” below. I knew that was the place George was talking about because down the hill was Harry’s parent’s house. I smiled stowing the paper in my pocket then heading to my room. I grabbed my coat out of my closet and put it on and then I realized that I had no idea how to get there. My smile faded as I sat down on my bed and moaned.

“Who am I kidding? I’ll never get there!” I said leaning back on my bed, exhaling loudly. “I can’t Apparate!” I closed my eyes to think. “Think Ginny, think!” I said rubbing my forehead.

Well, I couldn’t Apparate because I wasn’t of age and I couldn’t go by floo because the Ministry was supervising all networks. I couldn’t ask someone to take me there and I couldn’t take the Knight Bus because it wasn’t operating anymore. What could I do? I rolled onto my side to stare the window, and I noticed something glittering in the sunlight through the window. I saw that it was a tiny bottle from my broomstick kit.

“Broomstick! I could get by broomstick!" I exclaimed excited.

I didn’t stop to consider whether this was a good idea or not.

I got my broomstick, and headed downstairs into the garage where dad kept all of his belongings, and looked for a map. When I finally found one, I squinted it and, with dad’s quill, I scribbled my way from Ottery St. Catchpole to Godric’s Hollow. I went out to the garden where I saw mum sitting on a bench reading. I hated to leave like that, but I had to. I slipped out of her sight, hopped onto my broomstick and flew away.

***

“Ginny!” cried Hermione when I entered to the living room. She dropped the book she’d been reading. “What are you doing here? It’s great to see you again!” She said outstretching her arms to hug me “I missed you! It’s nice to have a girlfriend to talk with once in while,” she said breaking away and smiling brightly.

“I missed you too, Hermione,” I replied smiling.

“So, how did you get here? You came along the twins, didn’t you? They’re so mean! They didn’t tell me you were coming,” she said sounding offended. “Anyway, I’m happy you’re here,” she said smiling again.

“Thanks Hermione!” I said cheerfully “I’m happy to see you again”

“Fred and George were about to leave,” she frowned. “They went with Ron to his room to get some papers and then they were going back to the Burrow,” she explained. “They’re going to leave you!” she exclaimed. “Come on, let’s go find them...” before I could say anything she picked up her book and left the room so quickly that I could barely keep up with her.

“Odd, they said they’d be here,” she said when we entered to Ron’s room. “Well, maybe they went downstairs to the kitchen or maybe they’re with...” Hermione froze.

“What’s wrong?” I asked confused. She wheeled around, looking astonished.

“Ginny...” she whispered. “Harry!... This is not good! He wouldn’t want to see you here...It’s not that he really wouldn’t but...” she mumbled quickly and nervously.

“It’s ok, Hermione...I know” I said trying to calm her down. She nodded unconvinced.

“I think I should...go find Ron,” she mumbled as she left the room. I was right behind her when someone entered the room blocking the way out.

“Ron, what did you do to Herm...?” It was Harry. “Ginny...” He whispered when he saw me. He dropped the scrolls of parchment in his right hand. “What are you doing here?! Why did you come?! What were you thinking?! Are you insane?!” he yelled then slammed the door. I looked at him with disbelief.

“Hello Ginny! It’s wonderful to see you again! I really missed you,” I said imitating his voice. “Why, Harry! Thank you! I really missed you too,” I said sarcastically.

“Ginny, please...there’s no need for sarcasm,” he hissed turning away to face the wall behind him.

“Well Harry, I thought you’d be happy to see me,” I said trying to find his eyes. “At least you could pretend to be happy...”

“It’s not that,” he muttered.

“So what is it?” I asked stepping forward.

He didn’t say anything for a while; he didn’t turn around either. I stood, silently waiting for his answer, still trying to find his eyes.

“You...I...” he stuttered. “Why did you come?” he said recovering himself. I didn’t say anything; I just stood there with my arms crossed. “Why did you come?” he demanded raising his voice. “Why did you risk it? To help me? I’m sick of sacrifices! Why is everyone sacrificing themselves for me? I’m tired of telling Hermione and Ron that they have to leave, that I have to do this on my own, but they won’t leave!” he yelled. “Why did you come? You could have been hurt, you could have died,” he whispered closing his eyes.

“Harry,” I said reaching for his shoulder.

“Don’t, Ginny...don’t,” he said moving away.

“Harry, I know you don’t want me here, but please understand...”

“No you understand!” he snapped then turned quickly away.

“What is it that I have to understand?!” I asked fiercely.

“How did you get here? How did you know where we were?” he asked avoiding my question.

“I asked dad,” I answered simply. He looked angry enough to smash something.

“So they know you’re here,” he said trying to hide his anger unsuccessfully.

I didn’t answer right away. I wasn’t sure if I should tell him the truth; he might tell my parents where I was, but I then realized they might know already.

“No, they don’t...”

WHAT?!” he burst out, turning around to face me “Damn it! Ginny, what the hell were you thinking?” he muttered through clenched teeth. “What am I saying?” he snorted. “You weren’t thinking...! Coming here alone who the hell knows how, without telling anyone! You were NOT thinking...AT ALL!!” he shouted. “You’re completely insane! Your parents must be damn worried and you put yourself in such danger...ugh!” he kicked the wall furious. It must have hurt because he winced.

I understood what he really meant when he said all that, but in that moment I felt so offended that I barely notice.

“You think so? That I’m irresponsible, that I’m thoughtless...? The least you can do is to turn around and say it to my face!” I yelled. “Turn around and look at me!” I demanded.

“I can’t...” he muttered.

“Why not? You just said it! Why can’t just repeat it to my face?” I was so upset. “Turn around!” I demanded again.

“I can’t!” he repeated raising his voice.

WHY NOT!?

Because,” he started in the same tone, “when I see you I can’t help but want to kiss you,” he breathed resting his forehead on the wall.

“I’ll take the risk,” I said lifting my chin and challenging him.

“But I won’t...I won’t,” he said grimly.

“Why not, Harry?” I asked for the third time moving toward him.

“You bloody well know why not!” he yelled. I stared at him, not flinching; he seemed as though he wanted to curse someone.

“Yes Harry, I bloody well know why, but that doesn’t mean I accept it!” I said raising my voice again. “You think I’m out of danger without you, do you? Well Harry, I don’t think so. Right here, at the Burrow, at Hogwarts, at the Ministry, everywhere is dangerous. So what’s the difference?! I’d rather be in danger with you rather than apart from you, but it seems you don’t care about that.” He didn’t move or say anything. I really wanted to be with him, to comfort him but he wouldn’t let me. He just stood there, mute and motionless. “Ugh...this is pointless,” I said walking toward the door. “I’ll go see Hermione, at least she’s happy to see me,” I said putting a great deal of emphasis on the phrase.

I was about to open the door when something stopped me.

Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear