Search:

SIYE Time:8:59 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Will He Return?
By annkaro

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 6
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Harry has started his research on the Horcruxes along with Ron and Hermione. Ginny stayed at the Burrow but the helplessness will make her go find Harry. Harry has found the last Horcrux and the last battle with Voldemort is about to begin. Ginny's worried...will he return?
Hitcount: Story Total: 17398; Chapter Total: 2241





Author's Notes:
Thanks to all readers and reviewers!
Please, please, pretty please, let me know whether you like this story or not, it'll mean a lot to me!
Much love to my beutiful, dedicated and talented beta, Rachel! Thank you!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


WILL HE RETURN?
CHAPTER VI: Obstinacy


< p align="justify"> I had a nightmare that night. Harry was dead; murdered by Tom Riddle. Maybe I dreamt that because I remember him like that, as Tom; he made my first year so hard. I trusted him and he betrayed and used me.

In the dream he made me write in the diary, where Harry was. I didn’t want to tell him at first but then he tortured my whole family, including Hermione. I couldn’t stand it anymore so I told him; and before I could warn Harry, Tom murdered him.

How could I do that? Even if it was a dream, I couldn’t believe I did that! I’d rather die than betray anyone I loved.

I woke up suddenly breathing hard, feeling even worse when I realized Harry wasn’t there. I turned and, to my relief (I let out a breath I’d been holding), saw Harry standing by the window and staring out; he seemed so far away.

“I didn’t mean to wake you up,” he said. His voice seemed distant.

“You didn’t,” I said putting on my coat as I slipped off the bed. I walked next to him. “What are you doing out of bed? Is still dark outside,” I said trying to find his eyes and caressing the back of his head with my left hand.

“I couldn’t sleep,” he answered with a long sigh. I frowned; there was something strange in his eyes; sadness, perhaps.

“Harry,” I said lifting my hand and caressing his face, “Is there something wrong?” He sighed and opened his eyes.

“No, there’s nothing wrong,” he answered but I wasn’t convinced.

“Harry, please, I know there’s something wrong...you don’t look good,” I said withdrawing my hand.

He didn’t answer right away; he just stared out the window, his eyes focused on nothing.

“Harry, you know you can trust me,” I said trying to encourage him.

“I know,” he said.

“What’s wrong?” I asked placing a hand in his shoulder.

“It’s just that...” he sighed, “I don’t know what to expect. You know, it’s not like...It’s not like school. If I fail an exam, it doesn’t matter...if I don’t catch the snitch...the other team wins but it doesn’t matter...even if the winning team is Slytherin...It doesn’t matter!...Everything seems insignificant...we can’t pretend that everything’s alright. This is it, and it’s me who has to do it...not my parents, not Sirius, not Dumbledore...but me...I can’t run or hide anymore. They died because of me.” He was breathing hard. He closed his eyes. “I have to do this...but how?” He turned to face me. “How? How do I destroy him? There’s just one chance. I can’t fail...because if I fail then it does matter!” he said raising his voice. “What am I supposed to do? Attack him with Expeliarmus? I’ve already destroyed the horcruxes, now what? How am I supposed to defeat him? How, Ginny?” He looked at me waiting for an answer but I didn’t know what to say. How did I know how he could destroy him? If I knew I’d have told him already. I just looked at him; I didn’t know what to say or what to do. He looked so helpless and I knew there was nothing I could do to help. All I could do was stay with him.

“I’m sorry,” he finally said. He sighed as he stared out the window again. “Of course you don’t know”

“Maybe I don’t know how you can destroy him but I know something for certain,” I said taking his hand. “You are not alone. We’re here with you...Ron, Hermione, the Order,” as I said the names he shook his head slowly. “Yes, Harry,” I said squeezing his hand harder. “We’re with you! I know you have to do this alone but you have us!” I said raising my voice as he kept shaking his head.

“NO!” he yelled. “You’re NOT going!” He faced me as he let go of my hand.

“Yes we are!” I yelled. “Do you think after all this time, Ron and Hermione would just let you go off alone? Do you?!” I asked him.

He didn’t answer; he just stared out the window grimly.

“See! You won’t answer me because you know I’m right!” I said. “You know you can’t stop them...you WON’T stop them!” I wanted to say, 'You won’t stop me,' but I knew that would have upset him even more.

He closed his eyes and rested his forehead on the window breathing hard. I tried to take his hand again but I knew he wouldn’t let me; he needed space.

“Harry, please understand that we want to help you,” I said moving forward.

“I know!” he said with his eyes still closed. “But I don’t want you to go...you can’t go,” he sighed.

“But Harry...”

YOU CAN’T GO!” he yelled facing me, then rapidly turned away.

“You can’t decide that,” I challanged him. “We’re as obstinate as you are...no, we’re not. No one is as obstinate as you are...obstinate and impulsive!” he turned to me with a look of disbelief on his face.

“So now I’m obstinate and impulsive?! That’s what you think?!” he asked moving toward me. “If I’m not wrong, impulse made me kiss you the first time! Tell me you didn’t like that!

“Harry...I did like it, I loved it. What I’m saying is that sometimes, in some situations, you have to think think before you act. You could have killed Malfoy in the bathroom with that curse!” I explained.

I could have killed Malfoy?!” he repeated with disbelief. “First you tell me I’m impulsive, then you’re worried because I could have killed Malfoy? What next? You’re going to tell me that you like him?!” he asked sarcastically.

“NO!” I exclaimed exasperated. “Harry, you’re so...” I was going to say 'impossible' but I decided against it.

“I’m what?” he demanded. “I’m obstinate, impulsive, what else?”

“Harry, listen,” I said trying to calm down. “I know why you’re trying to keep us out of this...and it’s the same reason we want to go...I want to go with you!”

“What’s the reason according to you?” he asked fiercely.

I waited a minute or so before answering; he didn’t change his expression.

“The only reason there is...love,” I answered softly and his expression changed. He turned away and stared at the floor.

“Love,” he snorted after a few minutes. “My parents died because they loved me; Sirius died because he loved me; Dumbledore told me that the advantage I have over Voldemort is love and now he’s dead!” he yelled turning toward me again. “I don’t want Ron or Hermione or anyone else to die...I don’t want you to die, Ginny,” he said lowering his voice. “I couldn’t forgive myself if any of you died.” he sighed as he sat on the bed.

I didn’t want to upset him but I couldn’t agree. I wanted to go with him, I needed to go with him. I couldn’t forgive myself if he died and I’d just let him go.

“Harry,” I said moving toward him. “I’m sorry...but you can’t change the past and you can’t change our feelings...They loved you, Ron and Hermione love you and I love you...you can’t change that,” I said placing my hand in his arm. “Don’t you see that I couldn’t forgive myself if you died and I didn’t do anything to stop it!?” I asked under my breath. “Nobody wants you to die, nobody wants to die...but if I have to, I would die for you,” I said resolutely.

“Why?!” he asked standing up suddenly. “Why, Ginny?!”

“I already told you!” I answered raising my voice.

He groaned as he kicked the bureau and then walked toward the door. “No matter what I say you’re still going?” he asked not looking at me.

“Yes,” I said staring at the floor. I heard him call me stubborn before slamming the door.

Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear