Search:

SIYE Time:2:39 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Will He Return?
By annkaro

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:All, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 6
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Harry has started his research on the Horcruxes along with Ron and Hermione. Ginny stayed at the Burrow but the helplessness will make her go find Harry. Harry has found the last Horcrux and the last battle with Voldemort is about to begin. Ginny's worried...will he return?
Hitcount: Story Total: 17394; Chapter Total: 2189





Author's Notes:
Thanks to all readers and reviewers!

Oh, I'm almost in the end! There are three chapter to go!!

Much love to my beutiful, dedicated and talented beta, Rachel! Thank you!




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


WILL HE RETURN?
CHAPTER VII: Ready?


I was sitting on the windowsill staring out; the sky was clearing up, and birds were singing and flying. It seemed as though everything was normal. I was about to open the window when I heard the door open slowly.

“Come in, Hermione,” I said when I saw her.

“What happened? We just saw Harry storming off to backyard,” she said sitting beside me.

“Hermione, don’t pretend you didn’t hear us...or rather, that you didn’t hear him because he wasn’t very quiet,” I said taking a cushion beside me.

“Well, I can’t lie to you,” she answered. “I was trying to talk to Ron about...” she suddenly stopped and blushed; I looked at her suspiciously.

“What? About what?” I asked grinning as she reddened but she quickly changed the subject.

“Never mind. We heard Harry yelling and Ron wanted to tell him that you’re right, but I convinced him that it’s something between you and Harry, so we went outside for a walk...” she reddened and quickly added, “you know, just to give you some privacy.”

“Yeah, privacy,” I said laughing.

“Anyway, a few minutes later he was outside...he looked furious,” she said looking worried “What happened?” she asked again. My smile faded as I hugged the cushion to my chest and stared at the floor.

“You heard him; he doesn’t want us to go with him but I told him I was going anyway and he got mad,” I said.

“You know he’s acting like that because he cares about us; about you specially,” she said placing her hand in my shoulder. I looked at her.

“Hermione, why he can’t see that I care about him just as much and that’s why I’m going?” I asked.

“He does, he does see it; but it’s hard for him to believe that we actually love him, that we care about him. He thinks that he’s just a boy with the misfortune of being the chosen one. He doesn’t want all those sacrifices, although is not a sacrifice for any of us. He thinks that he doesn’t deserve us,” she explained.

“But he does deserve us!” I said. “He deserves a family, friends...love!” I said throwing the cushion aside. “Why, Hermione? Why is he like this?”

“I don’t know,” she shrugged. “Harry is...Harry!” she said laughing.

“Yeah, he sure is,” I said smiling. “I don’t want to lose him,” I said my smile fading.

“I know,” she said caressing my arm. “I don’t want to lose him either; that’s why we’re going.”

“But, how? Hermione, How are we going to help him?” I asked. “He doesn’t know what to do,” I said hopelessly.

“Don’t worry, I’m not sure yet but I think we’ve found something that might help us; it’s very ancient magic, and I need to do some more research to be completely sure it will work,” she said.

“But...What it is? How does it work?” I asked curiously.

“Well, it’s complicated because this spell will allow us to help Harry but not physically,” she explained.

“Then how?”

“With this spell we’re going to give him all our power, all our magic...we’re going to protect him with all our energy,” she explained.

“That means we can’t fight alongside him?” I asked.

“Indeed, we can’t be with him physically,” she answered.

“Is it going to work? Voldemort will be...gone?”

“Well...” she said turning slightly away.

“What?” I asked.

“There’s a problem with this spell,” she said lowly. “Our objective is to destroy Voldemort, so when Harry defeats Voldemort all our energy will come back to us but...Harry may or may not survive,” she said sadly. “All that energy that will protect him could be too much for him. Voldemort will die, a simple Expelliarmus could make him die, but Harry...”

“Might not live,” I finished for her in low voice. “Are you sure?” I asked in a whisper.

“Well, ninety-nine percent,” she answered. “But there’s a chance he will make it. I believe in Harry’s strength; he’s a great wizard and I’m sure he can control all that energy and survive,” she said hopefully.

“Does he know?” I asked.

“Well...yes, he does and he’s not exactly enthusiastic about it,” she answered. “He doesn’t want us to do it. He doesn’t want to leave us defenseless and he insists there must be another way, but we’ve searched and searched and this is it,” she said. “We have to do this, we can’t leave him defenseless.”

“But, what do we do? He’s so...stubborn!” I exclaimed.

“Ron’s talking with him, maybe he can persuade him,” she said not sounding very convinced.

“I hope so,” I replied. “You know what? We should do it anyway, whether he agrees to it or not; we just tell him that we’re doing this and that we’re not asking for his permission,” I said firmly. “I know it sounds wrong but it’s for his own good, Hermione,” I added when I saw the expression on her face.

“I know, but...Are we ready for this? I mean, it’s very ancient magic and it’s complicated...What if something goes wrong?” she said a little scared.

“Hermione, I don’t want to die...I’m only sixteen! I’m not sure if I’m ready for this, but...it’s Harry...I won’t leave him alone. I would die for him...there’s no room for doubt,” I explained determinedly.

“You’re right; we’re doing this for Harry,” she said. “But, what if...”

“Hermione, you’re the brightest witch I’ve ever known!” I exclaimed, “Everything is going to be fine, you’ll figure it out,” I assured her and she smiled slightly.

“Thank you,” she muttered.

“Let’s do this!” I said standing and grabbing her hand.

“What?! Now?!” she asked shocked. “Can’t we wait?”

“Hermione! We can’t!” I shouted “Voldemort won’t wait, we don’t have much time...you have to teach us, we have to practice...we have to be ready when the moment arrives!” I said exasperated.

“Okay, okay; I get the point! Just calm down,” she said standing up.

“I’m sorry,” I apologized.

“Don’t worry,” she smiled. “Come on, let’s find Harry and Ron.” She grabbed my hand and led me to the door.

Reviews 6
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear