Search:

SIYE Time:17:01 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


I'll Be Waiting Forever
By ink_on_paper

- Text Size +

Category: Post-Hogwarts
Characters:All
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Rating: G
Reviews: 5
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated since 2006 ***

The war is finally over and Harry and Ginny are together at last, and at first they were in love, but now Ginny feels something missing. She wants to leave Harry, just until she ‘finds herself’ but how will Harry take the news? Will he let the love of his life slip away? My first fanfic so reviews are welcome
Hitcount: Story Total: 3325



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
i'm new to this site, and this is my first fanfiction, so be nice please x




ChapterPrinter


The sun began to set and it cast shadows of orange and amber all around the large garden. Ginny let out an automatic shiver, and leaned her body in further to mould itself into Harry’s. He wrapped his arms protectively around her, and began to stroke his fingers casually up and down her arm, leaving goose bumps where ever he touched.

“What’s wrong?” he asked softly.

Swallowing the lump in her throat, she looked up into his light green eyes and smiled as brightly as she could. “Let’s go home” she answered in barely more than a whisper. He looked at her with a sad expression on his face, and opened his mouth to speak, but obviously thought better of it, and simply nodded, and led her to say goodbye to everyone.

They sat in silence in the car, and a heavy tension hung in the air that neither could lift. Harry cleared his throat awkwardly as he pulled up at the gates of their large house. He turned to her, and noticed the tears that were threatening to spill from her large brown piercing eyes.

Feeling his heart crumble, he sighed deeply. “I’m just going to pop over to the Burrow, I’ve left my money there” he said quietly.

Ginny just nodded and smiled weakly. “I’ll see you soon” she conceded, climbing out of the car, and making her way up the large, curving driveway as Harry watched the love of his life leave him.


There was a loud echo as the hall door slammed behind her, and she felt an eerie chill creep up her spine as she looked around the large foyer. Shrugging it off, she made her way upstairs and sat on their bed; the bed she had shared with her boyfriend for the last 2 years. She sighed softly to herself as the word soul mate ran through her mind. There was no doubt about it that she was in love with Harry. With intense green eyes, short dark hair and a strong masculine physique, he was the epitome of a man, but their connection was deeper than that. He knew her mind, body and soul better than anybody else — but soul mates? Things had changed recently, and more often than not, she found herself alone in the large house that he had built for them. She couldn’t help herself wishing and hoping for the days when things were simple, when they would sit for hours on the beach in silence just content in each others company, or be happy enough with staying in the house as opposed to going out on the town. She looked around at her beautiful possessions; no expense was spared when it came to her comfort. Sighing, she stood up and pulling his sweatshirt over her head, she inhaled the scent she knew so well, and let a single tear fall down her cheek.

***

A few hours later, Harry let himself into the room quietly and paused when he saw her sleeping form in the bed. She was curled up in a ball and buried beneath his sweatshirt, she looked lost and alone, and Harry felt his heart ache. He ran a hand through his hair and exhaled softly. He loved her more than anything he had ever loved in his life. Sometimes, he thought he loved her so much that his body might explode. When he was with her, 50% of him was completely at peace, while the other half of him burned and longed to touch her wildly. Whatever he was doing, or wherever he was, he knew that he was going home to the ‘one’, and that thought got him through the days, but she wasn’t happy. He had known for a while, and at the beginning he refused to believe it, instead he spent his time buying her presents and showering her with love, but that had stopped too, since she had given the impression that he was smothering her. Silently, he stripped himself and got into bed beside her, close enough to smell the sweet scent of her flaming red hair, but far away enough to give her space. It was an hour before he drifted into a restless sleep….

***

Ginny woke to find him sleeping soundly beside her. A small smile crossed her face when she saw him, but quickly vanished when she saw the space that rested between them. This time last year, space didn’t exist between them, and there wasn’t a night that he didn’t crawl into bed and wrap his arms around her tightly. A silent tear trickled down her face as she took in his ruffled hair and innocent expression. He looked like a sleeping angel.

She slipped from the bed, and went downstairs to make a coffee. She saw his suitcase dumped in the hall, and the fresh lilies that sat in the vase on the coffee table. She smiled as she thought how he always remembered what her favourite flowers were, in fact he always remembered everything and she wondered sadly when it became not enough for her. Suddenly the walls seemed to crowd in around her, and she felt an urge to flee, like she was suffocating, but that was usual lately.

“You’re up early” Harry said padding into the kitchen.

“I couldn’t sleep” Ginny shrugged, pouring him a cup of tea. They sat on opposite sides of the table and looked across at each other, both trying to read the unspoken words. Breaking the stare, Ginny looked away and towards the floor. Harry felt his entire body shake slightly, and he struggled to pick up the mug.

“You’re leaving me, aren’t you?” he asked in a strangled whisper, afraid to voice the fear that infected his heart.

She didn’t answer; she didn’t need to…. her tears said it all. As they spilled down her face like raindrops, she was deathly silent — completely at a loss for words. She lifted a hand to cover her mouth as she looked right at him sadly.

Nodding slowly, he stood from the table and stared out into the early morning mist that was creeping into the garden. “When did this happen?” he asked, more to himself than to her.

“I don’t know” she sobbed “I really don’t know” she cried helplessly, putting her face in her hands. He turned around slowly and looked at her blankly.

“Don’t you love me?” he demanded, more harshly than he had intended. She looked completely shocked, like she had been hit, as she stood unsteadily to face him.

“Please don’t think that, never think that” she pleaded, as a fresh batch of tears covered her cheeks.

“Then why? I don’t understand…. because I love you, more than anything” he cried grabbing her wrist, but sadly she pulled away from him.

“I just can’t do it anymore Harry. The war is over and I couldn’t be happier, but I’ve changed — we all have changed. And because of that, I can’t carry on living like this. It’s killing me” she sobbed furiously wiping her eyes with her hand “I need to find out who I am” she added.

“You know who you are” he scoffed.

She shook her head sadly as her long red hair fell softly onto her face “No, I don’t. I’m tired of pretending I’m fine when I’m not. We have lost a lot of people in the war. We’ve lost Ron, and I can’t help but think I should be the one to die. That curse was aimed at me, Harry, but Ron blocked it. He sacrificed himself for me, and I owe him a lot. But most of all I’m tired Harry, I just can’t do this anymore. I need to find ME” she said all in breath — afraid that if she stopped, she would lose her nerve.

Her eyes searched his face for a clue to his feeling, but his blank expression gave nothing away. Suddenly he turned on his heel and ran through the house and up the stairs. Sobbing heavily, she followed him, knowing that the discussion was far from over.

When she reached the door of the bedroom, nothing could have prepared her for the sight. She leaned her body heavily against the doorframe and wiped her face as even more tears fell. He was frantically packing a suitcase with all her clothes. The anger on his face didn’t hide the heartbreak in his eyes as he shouted furiously at her:

“You can’t love me…. If you did, you wouldn’t be leaving me. You used to say all you needed was me to be happy…. What changed?” he demanded turning to face her with sorrow in his painful eyes.

“I can’t answer that, because I don’t know myself” she answered, sobbing quietly.

“Yeh right,” he spat “Don’t make an idiot of me” he yelled at her throwing one of her shoes at the dressing table, and causing a muggle CD player, which Arthur got them, to turn on, making her wince slightly. Perhaps the realisation that he was frightening her shocked him, as the colour drained from his face and the strength left his body. He sat gingerly on the side of the bed and wiped away a stray tear that was trickling down his cheek. Putting his head in his hands, he stopped fighting it and sobbed quietly to himself. Watching the pain she had caused him made every bone in Ginny’s body ache and her heart shatter into a million pieces.

Quietly she shuffled over and kneeled in front of him on the floor. Gently taking his hands away from his face, she held them in her own, and waited for him to look at her. When he did, she saw exactly how pained he was. He looked like a lost little boy, and Ginny wasn’t sure she was able to speak.

“I love you” he said in a husky whisper.

“I love you, too” she answered earnestly “More than you’ll ever know”

“So this is it” he sighed.

“Only for now…. We’re meant to be together. I feel like some part of me will always be waiting for you. Like if I'm old and wrinkled, and I turn a corner in Paris and there you are, I won't be surprised. Because... you're with me, you’ll always be with me….” She trailed off as her crying became too much, and the words just wouldn’t come from her mouth.

“But now is not that time” he finished for her, with a look of pure sorrow on his beautiful face. She shook her head sadly and began sobbing as her gaze fell to the floor. The only sound was from their silent sobs, and the music coming from the muggle CD player. As the song changed, Ginny heard him inhale sharply. And she felt salty water sting her eyes as she recognised the song. It was their song — the one that they had their first kiss to. She began to sob uncontrollably, while he kissed her softly on her forehead. Standing up on shaky legs, he pulled her from the floor so that she stood in front of him. Gently he wrapped an arm around her waist and gently wiped her cheek with his free hand. Slowly they began to move in time to the music, barely shifting from their spot on the floor. She buried her head into his neck and sobbed, soaking his t-shirt. His hands wrapped themselves around her tightly, and he inhaled the scent of her hair, before burying his head deep into it.

“I’ll be here when you realise that we’re meant to be” he choked out, making her sob even harder. They stood and cried, completely wrapped up in each other, both knowing that this was the end, but neither wanting to believe it fully as the radio softly sang their song….
Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear