Search:

SIYE Time:18:45 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


OF STARS AND DUELS
By carolquin

- Text Size +

Category: The Duel Challenge (2006-5)
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: None
Story is Complete
Rating: G
Reviews: 24
Summary: SIYE "The Duel" Challenge. Harry learns that Draco played a direct role in Sirius' death. When Dumbledore says that nothing can be done Harry decides it's time he take matters into his own hands.
Hitcount: Story Total: 24135; Chapter Total: 3301







ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


CHAPTER 2: DREAMING OF AIR


The train ride back to Hogwarts started out uneventful. Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione found themselves an empty compartment and settled themselves in.

Hermione looked at her watch and stood up. “Ron, we need to go to the front car now. The prefects meeting will be starting in 10 minutes.” Ron rolled his eyes and loudly stretched before standing up. “Harry, get me some chocolate frogs when the cart comes by and save me the cards.” Hermione huffed impatiently and pulled Ron out of the compartment before Harry could even respond.

“Harry, I’m going to go find Luna and Neville and say hello to them. I’ll be back in a little bit. Will you be ok by yourself?”
Harry smiled and nodded. “No problem Gin, I’m a bit tired anyway so I’ll try to take a nap before we have to change into our robes.” He kissed her cheek and closed the door as she walked out.

Surprisingly, it didn’t take long for Harry to fall asleep, sleep was something that didn’t come easily or often for him. He found himself sitting by an old oak tree. He was watching the birds fly by when a familiar silhouette caught his eyes. He got up and walked over to the figure standing several feet away from him. When he got a good look at the man Harry broke out into a sprint. “Sirius!”

Sirius opened his arms and Harry flung himself at him. He knew that this was just a dream but for the slightest moment it felt so real to him and it made him want to hold on tighter. “Hey there kid, how have you been? Are you taking care of old Moony for me?”

Harry wiped the tears that coated his face and just nodded his head. “I’ve missed you so much Sirius. I’m so sorry. If I would have just …”

“Now hold on a minute. You are not responsible for what happened to me. It was my time and I went doing what I promised your parents I’d be doing; protecting you. I have no regrets and I will continue to watch over you along with James and Lily. They are so proud at the man you are becoming.”

Harry couldn’t catch his breath. The run towards Sirius and the total shock at seeing him again had left him hyperventilating. Harry tried to chuckle at his situation. “Wow, I’m so out of shape in my dream. I can’t seem to catch my breath.”

“Yes Harry, this is a dream and you have to wake up. Wake up now!”

“Sirius, what…are…you…”

“Harry, listen to me! Wake up now!”

Harry woke up in a sweat and breathing heavily. He could not get any air into the lungs that were screaming for it. He stood up trying not to lose his balance. He felt as if the compartment was closing in on him and pushing all the air out and leaving none for him. He barely had any energy but he turned to open the window. The bloody thing wouldn’t open! He dragged himself to the door and tried to open it but it was sealed. ‘Someone sealed the door.’ ‘I need air.’ That last thought kept running through his head. His eyes were closing, begging him to just go to sleep. It would all be over if he went to sleep. It would all be so blissful now.

He leaned against the window for support and with the last bit of strength in his body he pointed his wand at the door and yelled “Reducto!” The door was blasted into pieces as he crawled out of the compartment. He was gasping for all the air his lungs could hungrily take in when he heard a familiar laugh. He turned to his right side to see Malfoy and his goons laughing at him.
“What’s wrong Potter? Having difficulty breathing? Poor widdle Potter got all scared and blasted the door away?” This brought on more snickers from the Slytherin trio. Their laughing was cut off as streams of different colors made their way towards them. Each one was hit by many different curses creating very interesting reactions. Harry didn’t care what happened to them and apparently neither did the other students who came out of their compartments to see what was happening.

Ron ran over to him and helped him up. “Harry, are you ok mate?” Neville took to the other side of Harry and helped Ron bring him into the compartment with Ginny, Hermione and Luna walking behind them. Hermione repaired the door and casted a silencing charm so they could give him some privacy.

“Easy there Harry. Do you want something to drink? Do you want me to see if there’s any pumpkin juice in the food cart?”

“No Neville but thanks for the help back there. You guys came at the right time.”

Ginny knelt in front of him and held his face in her hands. “Harry, I’m so sorry. This wouldn’t have happened if I hadn’t left you alone. Can you tell us what happened?”

“No Ginny, this wasn’t your fault. If you were here then you would have been in just as much danger. I remember that I was asleep and dreaming. I saw Sirius and he told me that I had to wake up. I did and I couldn’t breathe. The window and the door was shut and I couldn’t open them.” He took in a deep breath as he continued. “Malfoy was behind this. Will he ever stop!”

“Calm down Harry. You’ll be safe once we’re at the castle. We’ll speak with Dumbledore and he’ll…”

“He’ll what, Hermione? Mark it down as another failed attempt at redemption? Give him another opportunity to right himself? I’m sorry but after what happened last June I have just as must trust in Dumbledore as I do in my chances of finding a crumpled back snorkack.”

“Of course you won’t find one. Everyone knows they’ve all gone to seek out the green tail flugglestork. It is their mating season you know.”

Everyone stopped and stared at Luna. Well at least she could always be counted on to clear the tension in any room.
Reviews 24
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear