Search:

SIYE Time:10:56 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Serpent's Coven
By Angelripper

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Fluff, General, Romance
Warnings: Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Rating: R
Reviews: 90
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

Harry Potter realises that returning to Hogwarts for his final year is the only way he will succeed in his quest to destroy Lord Voldemort. It is a year of darkness, horror and new discoveries. Ginny Weasley is not only the witch who possesses Harry's heart, but also the true source of his strength as a wizard. Together, they will find new powers within themselves and each other, and find that there are some things that even the darkest magic cannot break.
Hitcount: Story Total: 170252; Chapter Total: 5261





Author's Notes:
Something a little more light-hearted for you...




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Ron awoke with a start and rubbed his eyes. The sunlight was dazzling, and he found himself retreating back under the covers. He had just been having a very strange dream.

During a N.E.W.T exam in Charms, he had been finding the paper remarkably easy to complete, so much so that he put his hand up to find out if he had indeed been put in the right exam. It was then that he noticed that Hermione was overseeing the class. She walked up to him and enquired what the matter was. She was being overly nice to him, for a teacher.

“What can I do for you, Ron?” she had asked, stroking his hair.

“Err, I’m not sure if I’ve got the right paper here, Professor.”

“Hmmm, that does sound strange. I could have sworn I double checked them before handing them out,” she said, glancing at the paper on his desk, “but to be honest, I knew you could sail through this one. You were always my favourite.”

Even the Ron in the dream was beginning to wonder what was going on.

“But aren’t N.E.W.T’s supposed to be more difficult than this?”

“I wouldn’t worry about that if I were you,” she laughed, “Actually, I was hoping you could help me. I’ve been writing up reports on the class for the headmistress, and there’s something I needed to double check with you. How do you spell ‘charms’? I’m afraid I’ve clean forgotten.”

Ron was really starting to worry now.

“Hermione, are you sure you’re alright?” he enquired suspiciously.

“It’s Professor Crookshanks to you!” she uttered indignantly, before adding “Oh no, sorry, that’s not the one. Crookshanks, why didn’t you correct me?”

Hermione’s cat simply yawned, stretched, and transfigured into a potted plant, but this didn’t seem to bother her. Neither did the sight of Neville Longbottom calmly attempting to set his hair on fire.

“Oh, and when I have a minute, I need to test you on a basic Levitation charm,” she continued.

“But we covered that in our first year!” protested Ron, now starting to get a little annoyed.

Hermione looked positively ecstatic.

“You did? Oh well done Lavender!” she beamed.

Ron had had quite enough of this. He got up and stormed out of the classroom, ignoring Hermione’s cries of “You’ll be back, Mr Finnegan, oh yes you will! They ALWAYS come back!”

He found Harry sitting by himself in the corridor.

“Finally, a bit of sanity,” he breathed.

But Harry wasn’t listening. He was instead playing with some coloured building blocks. It seemed that he was very engrossed in the task of building a childish replica of the astronomy tower. Beside him lay his wand, snapped in half.

“Harry! What is wrong with you? What happened?” said Ron desperately.

At that moment, the tower fell to pieces, much to Harry’s annoyance. He finally looked up, his face brightening as he saw his friend.

“Ron! It’s so good to see you!” he babbled excitedly, “They let me out! Isn’t that wonderful?”

As Harry stared at him, drooling absent-mindedly, Ron turned away in despair and walked on down the corridor. What was happening? Had they all gone mad? Well yes, evidently so. He then heard a voice that made him quicken his pace.

“Won Won!!”

It was bad enough dealing with Lavender Brown in real life, but what would she be like in this madhouse? He shuddered to think. Her voice echoed along the corridor once again.

“Won Won! Look at me! Why are you being so horrible to me?”

Like a fool, he glanced over his shoulder. His blood froze, as he saw that it was not Lavender at all, but Aragog, the gigantic spider that had once been a companion of Hagrid’s. It scuttled rapidly along behind him, and he ran as fast as he could, his face whitening with fear. The corridor seemed to go on forever, and still he kept on running. As he looked back, Aragog had suddenly disappeared. He turned his head back, but not in time to stop himself from crashing with full force into a door that had been opened in front of him. With that, he blacked out, and finally woke up.

There was something odd about his bedroom that he had seen out of the corner of his eye upon waking, and so, he pulled the covers off again. Taking a brief look around, he noticed that the other bed was empty. Where was Harry? He looked at his alarm clock. A few minutes past eight. Surely Harry wouldn’t have been up this early. His shoes were still there, his wand was lying on top of his trunk (thankfully still in one piece), and why would he just go down to breakfast alone without waking him? Something was going on.

Ron dragged the rest of his clothes on and Apparated into the kitchen. He arrived with a ‘crack’, and once again scared the living daylights out of his mother.

“Ronald Weasley! If that happens once more, I’ll be placing a charm on you to make your clothes stay in once place when you apparate! You may have passed your test, but that is no excuse to abuse it!”

Ron decided that a delicate compliment might be in order.

“Breakfast smells lovely, mum,” was all he could think of.

He hungrily surveyed the plates of bacon, sausages, eggs, and toast, and finally remembered why he hurried down there.

“Oh, has Harry already had his breakfast?” he asked.

“No one has,” replied Mrs Weasley, “Actually, I was just about to call you all down. Did he sleep alright?”

“Erm, I don’t know” he answered distractedly.

Mrs Weasley gave him a puzzled look as he slowly climbed the stairs.

He knocked a couple of times at Hermione’s door. While he waited for a reply, he savoured the memory of the night before, and almost forgot the task in hand. The sleepy young witch opened the door and blinked.

“Well, this is a nice surprise!” she smiled, folding her arms around Ron’s neck, “I must say it’s quite romantic to find you at my door, wanting to see me so early.”

Ron was just on the point of saying that he was looking for Harry, when she pulled him towards her and gave him a kiss that made him go weak at the knees. He returned her caress, thinking that this may not be the best time to mention his true motive for calling on her, and felt a contented smile creep over him as she rested her head on his shoulder.

“Did you sleep well?” she asked.

“Not too badly” he muttered, crossing his fingers that this Hermione could at least spell the word ‘sleep’.

“What about Harry?” she asked.

Finally, he thought, a window of opportunity!

“I’d love to tell you he slept like a baby, but he was gone when I woke up,” said Ron, “He wasn’t downstairs either. His wand was still there, but no Harry.”

He tried to sound as relaxed about this as he could, and was relieved to hear his own real concern in Hermione’s voice.

“He’s gone?” she said, now looking up at him, “Well, maybe he’s been walking round the garden or something, or into the village.”

Ron looked at her sceptically. He was prepared to believe that she hadn’t properly woken up yet.

“Hermione, you can’t tell me you believe that. You know as well as I do, that Harry wouldn’t even take a bath without his wand close to hand,” he said, “I mean, it’s not like McGonagall hasn’t lectured him about going off on his own, and apart from anything else, his shoes are still beside his bed.”

Even Hermione had to admit that this was a little strange.

“Okay, try the other rooms quickly, then I’ll give you a hand looking. Just give me a minute to get dressed,” she said, giving him an affectionate peck on the cheek and closing the door.

Ron began to wonder where Harry could have got to. Though it seemed a long shot, he considered going to check his parent’s bedroom. Quite why he would be in there, Ron had no idea, but if it was a possibility, that was good enough for him.

Climbing the stairs, he paused briefly outside his sister’s door and listened. Silence. Oh well, he thought, better than the quiet sobbing he had often heard. As he arrived at their bedroom, he heard his mother shouting up to everyone that breakfast “wasn’t about to eat itself”, which reminded him briefly how hungry he was.

Arthur and Molly Weasly’s room was colourfully decorated, with many relatives both past and present waving from ornate picture frames on the wall. Trying to avert his eyes from those depicting himself at three years old (one of which reminded him of an embarrassing occasion when he had drunk an unmarked flask of potion and his father had returned home to find him sprouting tentacles), he searched the room, reaching out hopefully into thin air in case Harry had been wearing his invisibility cloak. After satisfying his curiosity, he quietly left, followed by the suspicious gaze of a painting of a younger Molly Weasley.

After a frantic rush around the spare room that had once been Bill and Charlie’s, the last option remaining was Fred and George. Past experience had taught him to exercise great caution before so much as knocking on their door, as he couldn’t imagine anyone alive creating the kind of booby traps that the twins could. There were memories of burnt fingers, blue faces, and bizarre hair loss to think about.

“Fred? George?” he called.

“Don’t touch the door handle!” came the reply.

After a bustling and crashing noise from inside, coupled with a good deal of foul language, the door opened.

“What do you want?” demanded George grumpily.

“Harry’s disappeared,” said Ron, “can’t find him anywhere, and wherever he is, he hasn’t got a wand.”

“Did he not want to face the music then? I know Ginny can get pretty vicious with her hexes, but I didn’t think he’d make a run for it in the middle of the night.”

Ron exhaled irritably.

“I just wanted to know if you’d seen him, not what you thought of him” he replied.

“Hey, I just thought he was made of sterner stuff, that’s all,” said George, protesting his innocence.

Ron turned to leave, but turned back in curiosity.

“As a matter of interest, what’s wrong with the door handle?”

George grinned proudly.

“One of our new anti-intruder measures. A very nasty Adhesive jinx on that one,” he cackled, “Believe me, your hand would’ve become a permanent part of the door.”

Ron shook his head disapprovingly, but still wore an impressed grin.

“It’s a work in progress,” said George secretively as he closed the door.

Hermione was waiting for him outside her door with an impatient look on her face. Ron looked adoringly at her.

“Just been asking George,” replied Ron, “He hasn’t seen him”.

They walked hand in hand down into the kitchen, where Mrs Weasley was fussing over Bill and Fleur, who had evidently just arrived from the inn in Hogsmead.

“Ah, I’m glad at least someone was listening” she remarked as they entered.

“I’ve been looking for Harry,” protested Ron “It’s like he’s just disappeared in the middle of the night or something.”

“Oh I see,” said Mrs Weasley, her temperature rising a few notches, “Well, he’s got another thing coming if he thinks he can just hide himself away without so much as a word of explanation to me or poor Ginny!”

Bill sighed. He knew all too well how protective his mother could be. She was a very caring and loving individual, but Bill also knew her to be somewhat overbearing at times.

“Mum, just sit down and have some breakfast,” he said, gulping down a mouthful of tea, “They’re not babies anymore. Don’t you think that they might just be able to sort this out between them without you butting in?”

Ron, however, had seen the familiar look of brute determination on her face, and was preparing to step aside like a matador confronting a charging bull.

“No, I’m sorry Bill, but now that he’s here, I will not see my girl starve herself and stew in misery for one minute longer!”

And with that, she stormed upstairs, closely followed by Ron and Hermione. Ron was debating whether or not to apparate ahead of her and negotiate, but decided it would be best not to incur his mother’s wrath more than necessary. After starting towards her daughter’s room, she stopped in her tracks and looked back over her shoulder.

“Well,” she said, a little confused, “you obviously didn’t look very hard, Ron. He’s right here.”

Both Ron and Hermione peered up the stairs past Mrs Weasley and sure enough, on the third landing, clad in t-shirt and pyjama trousers, with an embarrassed smile on his face, stood Harry. He had come to look upon Mrs Weasley almost as a mother, one who had truly taken him under her wing some years back, but still he had awaited meeting her with some apprehension this time around.

She gave an enquiring look and began.

“Well Harry, now that we’ve found you at last, I believe the time has come for the two of us to have a serious chat,” she said, pointing a mildly accusing finger at him.

“Yes, I believe so,” he nodded, thinking that eventually, he would have far more serious matters to discuss than she did.

“Now I know you must be tired, and I know that things have hardly been easy for you lately, but there are certain things that I must — “

She broke off abruptly as the door opened, and out stepped Ginny. The colour had returned to her face since her mother had last seen her.

“Ah, Ginny my dear!” said Mrs Weasley, who had recently been glad for even the briefest sight of her only daughter, “Are you hungry at all? Can I get you some — ?”

Once again, she was struck dumb in mid-sentence, as Ginny smiled and walked up beside Harry, kissed him delicately on the cheek, and held his arm with both hands. It was the first time her mother had seen her smile in weeks, and now she looked positively radiant. Only Hermione could digest what they were seeing, and she was smiling too as she affectionately held Ron’s hand.

“Oh my goodness!” exclaimed Mrs Weasley, as she painstakingly began to put two and two together, “Ginny….Harry, have you…? When did…? What did you…? Oh my…!”

As she struggled to chain together a coherent sentence, Harry turned to Ginny and took her lovingly in his arms, kissing the top of her head. It was possible that at that moment, Molly Weasley was content to be lost for words. She rushed up the stairs, almost tripping over herself, and gave the two of them a suffocating hug.

“Oh my dears!” she sniffed, “I’ve been waiting so long for this day!”

Hermione discreetly signalled to Ron that it might be a good time to join Fleur and Bill downstairs, and he wholeheartedly agreed.

When they were finally released from her grip, Harry gazed happily down at the youngest Weasley.

“So, are you hungry?” he asked.

She looked back at him as though she were happily daydreaming.

“Harry, I’m absolutely bloody starving!”
Reviews 90
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear