Search:

SIYE Time:14:14 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Who I Am Hates Who I've Been
By rainturtle99

- Text Size +

Category: Post-HBP
Characters:Harry/Ginny
Genres: Drama, Fluff, Romance, Songfic
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Story is Complete
Rating: PG
Reviews: 5
Summary: This story is a song fic for Reliant K's song "Who I am Hates who I've Been"
Hitcount: Story Total: 3495



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
These characters belong to JK Rolling...no matter how much i wish they belonged to me.




ChapterPrinter


* I watched the proverbial sunrise
Coming up over the Pacific and
You might think I'm losing my mind,
But I will shy away from the specifics... *

Harry looked out over the ocean, wishing that things were differant. He had just broken up with the one person that made his life amazing. Why had he done it? Because that was the only way that he could protect her. Yes, he was breaking his own heart, but if Ginny didn't make it through this war... well he didn't want to think about that.

The sun was rising over the calming water now. How long had he been out here? It was definatly more than a couple of hours. The water was a beautiful shade of red and gold. Just like Ginny's hair. Oh man, this must be what it feels like to go crazy...

* 'cause I don't want you to know where I am
'cause then you'll see my heart
In the saddest state it's ever been.
This is no place to try and live my life. *

He had flown to the cliffs over the ocean a couple of miles away from the borrow. He had gone late last night, trying not to wake up the Weasleys, especially not Ron and Hermione. They were dead set on coming with him, but he had decided that they would be in to much danger where he was going. They couldn't know where he was going, or they would follow him, and that was not an option.

That is how he had come to these cliffs. He was flying over them and they looked like a great place to think, and he had a lot on his mind. He had landed to look at the amazing stars, getting lost in the universe. He shook himself, bringing himself back to the present and stood up. He had been here way to long. Mrs. Weasley would have gotten up by now and noticed that he was gone. They would all be out looking for him soon. He mounted his broom and prepared to kick off when someone grabbed his arm.
"Harry, please, don't do this..."

* Stop right there. That's exactly where I lost it.
See that line. Well I never should have crossed it.
Stop right there. Well I never should have said
That it's the very moment that
I wish that I could take back. *

"Ginny! What are you doing here?!" He turned around and faced the one person that could make him feel as though he was living a regular life. She stared at him with those amazing brown eyes, still in her pajamas and carrying a broom of her own.

"Harry, don't do this." She whispered, looking right at him with tears rolling down her face. She had grabbed his arm again.

"Ginny, I have to do this. I can't bring you and Ron and Hermione along. I have to do this alone..." He stopped talking, watching as Ginny just stood there shaking her head.

"No, Harry. You don't have to do this alone. You have friends that would do anything for you. Do you know why that is? It's because they love you. Not because they feel that they need to pay you back for saving there lives multiple times. They are doing this because they WANT to help you. and you do realize that if you die while they do nothing, it will make them feel guilty because they couldn't do anything. and Harry... that is the worst feeling in the world."

Harry looked at her and sighed. "Gin, I know that you feel that way but I can't stand being responsible for the lives of my friends and family. I already lost Sirius. I can't lose anyone else." He walked over to her, wrapped her in a hug, then backed away and mounted his broom again. "Good-bye Ginny."

* I'm sorry for the person I became.
I 'm sorry that it took so long for me to change.
I'm ready to be sure I never become that way again
'cause who I am hates who I've been.
Who I am hates who I've been.

I talk to absolutely no one.
Couldn't keep to myself enough.
And the things bottled inside have finally begun
To create so much pressure that I'll soon blow up.

I heard the reverberating footsteps
Synching up to the beating of my heart,
And I was positive that unless I got myself together,
I would watch me fall apart.*

Harry rose up into the sky and flew over the ocean, watching the sun rise in the sky. He was still reliving the visit to the Department of Mysteries. He could have killed everyone, just for being stupid enough to believe that vision.

Then, as he flew into the sunrise, away from his friends and family, he went over what Ginny had just said. If his friends wouldn't have been there, he would have been dead. and even though he felt guilty for dragging them there, they had taken care of themself. He was just trying to protect them, but that was what the Order had done to with Sirius. and that was one of the reasons Sirius had come to the ministry. He had been locked up for so long that he had felt miserable and alone. Harry didn't want that to happen to Ginny, Ron and Hermione. He had to let them go.

Harry turned around, heading back for the cliff where he had left Ginny. As he went, he felt an enormous weight fall off of his chest. He spotted the cliff and landed on the cliff where he found Ginny sitting with her legs dangling over the edge. Ginny got up and turned around. She looked at Harry with her brilliant eyes and smiled. Harry ran up and grabbed her into a hug, twirling her around and kissing her with all his might.

* So sorry for the person I became.
So sorry that it took so long for me to change.
I'm ready to be sure I never become that way again
'cause who I am hates who I've been.
Who I am hates who I've been. *



Reviews 5
ChapterPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear