Search:

SIYE Time:8:05 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Did You Mean It?
By Yunchao

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, Minerva McGonagall, Ron Weasley
Genres: Comedy, Fluff, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Rating: PG-13
Reviews: 11
Summary: *** The author has been reminded via the e-mail address on file that this story is listed as incomplete and has not been updated in over 2 years ***

NOTE: I have not and do not plan on updating this story any time soon. It was mainly an experiment for me to see how well I would write at the time. I may or may not choose to continue it in the future. If you happen to (for some reason) really like the story, please let me know via email or PM and that may be motivation enough for me to continue it.


Harry Potter's just survived his fight with Tom Riddle in the Chamber of Secrets. He and Ginny are a little young to understand the small feelings they're having but maybe those small feelings will grow. Only the summer away from magic, Hogwarts, and friends will let Harry the chance to try and figure those feelings out, or maybe he'll just forget about them... who knows?
Hitcount: Story Total: 4673



Disclaimer: Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions in this story are my own and in no way represent the owners of this site. This story subject to copyright law under transformative use. No compensation is made for this work.



Author's Notes:
NOTE: I have not and do not plan on updating this story any time soon. It was mainly an experiment for me to see how well I would write at the time. I may or may not choose to continue it in the future. If you happen to (for some reason) really like the story, please let me know via email or PM and that may be motivation enough for me to continue it. The first couple of paragraphs of this fanfic are actually word for word J. K. Rowling’s work from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. In other words everything in between the “[]”s are her writing not mine. When I reread the book, this little idea came to me as a fanfic and so our story takes place at the end of Harry’s second year. Oh and a DISCLAIMER: Harry Potter and all related characters are not mine and I am not making any profit from this. Just trying to brighten up some H/G shipper’s day.




ChapterPrinter


Chapter One: Why'd She Have To Go And Do That?

[“Ron!” Harry yelled, speeding up. “Ginny’s OK! I’ve got her!” He heard Ron give a strangled cheer and they turned the next bend to see his eager face staring through the sizable gap he had managed to make in the rock fall.

“Ginny!” Ron thrust an arm through the gap in the rock to pull her through first. “You’re alive! I don’t believe it! What happened?”

He tried to hug her but Ginny held him off sobbing.] Instead, she ran headlong into Harry, who had just climbed through the hole, and buried her face into his chest. She continued to sob quietly while Ron, with a look of mixed confusion and curiosity on his face, stared at Harry. “Harry?” was just about the only thing that he could blunder out. Harry on the other hand was looking down at his chest, which was now covered with vibrant red hair. The front of his shirt was slowly becoming wet and he shook from the weakened state that he physically was in due to his encounter with Tom Riddle.

He felt something deep within him, something that probably hasn’t appeared in the young man for eleven years. He started feeling a bit funny but he assured himself that it was just from being completely exhausted. What am I supposed to do? he thought to himself. Maybe you should try and comfort her or something...

How?

Harry slowly brought his left hand up and rested it on Ginny’s back. Ginny lifted her head up and stared through deep, brown, tear laden eyes at him. She stopped sobbing. Oh no, what did I do? He must feel so awkward right now. She thought. Why’d I jump on him like that, he obviously never liked me and never will. What’s wrong with me? He must think I’m so weird! And worst of all, I’ll probably be expelled for doing all those horrible things. She moved herself away from Harry’s warm, comforting form and sat down with her back to the rocks. She brought her knees to her face and wrapped her arms around them.

Harry felt her push away from him, and somehow he felt more sad, more lonely then usual even with Ron standing near and continuing to stare. He saw Ginny leave and sit down with her arms around her legs, her face disappearing behind them. Fawkes had flown through the hole and was now perched on top of a bolder. The wavering glow of the phoenix’s feathers sent waves of orange and crimson dancing across Ginny’s now exposed hair.

Oh no, now I’ve done it. I knew I shouldn’t have touched her. Now she probably thinks I was trying to take advantage of her. She must think I’m a real jerk now.

Harry had never felt so low in his entire life. It was as if his reason for living simply did not exist anymore. He had no clue why but an equally strong opposite feeling had erupted in him when he met Ginny’s eyes as she looked up finally at the dirt-covered pair. He, at that point anyway, felt his spirit lifted and could almost feel happy despite what had happened.

Ron finally said, “Come on guys, let’s go.”

*

Harry and the others stood at the doorway looking into McGonagall’s office. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were in a comfortable looking loveseat holding each other. Mrs. Weasley was quietly sobbing and Mr. Weasley had a set face that showed no emotion. Behind a grand wooden desk sat Professor Dumbledore with his face in his hands. Professor McGonagall was standing behind him looking down at possibly her feet.

All of a sudden, several things happened. Fawkes gave a short cry. Professor Dumbledore looked up and smiled and there was a scream.

This was followed by Mr. and Mrs. Weasley flinging themselves at Ginny. Harry just looked onward at Professor McGonagall taking long gasps of breath with her hand to her chest.

Another scream. Now it was Harry’s turn to be nearly suffocated by Mrs. Weasley.

“You saved her! You saved her! How on earth did you do it?” she cried.

Harry spent a good hour explaining about the invisible voices and all of his adventures but what he didn’t’ notice was that in the corner little Ginny was still crying, sparkling orbs trickling down her cheek. Ok, so maybe he did notice but why did he care so much? Sure he cared for her as Ron’s sister and he didn’t like to see her hurt like this at all… but this was caring beyond any he’d had for anyone or anything before. It was almost hurting him, slowly killing him on the inside, seeing her like this…

* Last day of term, after feast

“Harry! Harry wait!”

Harry stopped and turned around … apparently a little too suddenly.

“Whoa!”

A blur of red hair flew past Harry’s vision and the next thing he knew he was on the ground. He was alone as Ron and Hermione had gone to the end of the year party in the common room and the halls were pretty much deserted. They had invited him to come along but he had said he’d like to be alone and savour his time in the castle before heading back to the Dursleys. Saaaaaay… this on the ground thing isn’t all that bad, thought Harry. Just then he realised that Ginny, with her head buried in his chest, was on him. She was on him. Oh boy.

“Oh I’m so sorry about that Harry!” exclaimed Ginny.

She promptly got off him and dusted herself off a bit. As Harry was pushing himself up he noticed Ginny straightening out her skirt. He felt his eyes start to wander from the fabric to where it met her soft hued skin and down her thighs to… That’s enough buster, she’s Ron’s sister, stop eyeing her like that! Harry thought.

“Err... did you need something?” Harry asked.

“Uh, yeah ... well I was just seeing if you wanted some company seeing as how you’re all alone,” Ginny said.

“Sure, what did you have in mind?”

She blushed. Her cheeks started becoming red and she looked down a bit, becoming very interested with the tips of her shoes.

“Well I … I … well I was thinking …Well the other first years are gonna be in the common room, want to join them? Come on, it’ll be fun, you’ll get to meet some of my friends.”

Something told Harry what she said might not have been what she actually wanted to say. Never the less Harry agreed and so the two of them headed to the Gryffindor common room. The portrait hole swung open to reveal the red and gold decorated room inside. A cosy fire had been built and a group of first-years were sitting by it on the ground playing various games and chatting.

Harry let Ginny enter first and as she walked in, she turned her head and looked at him for a second but swung her head back just as quick. Ginny walked over to the group and introduced Harry, not that he need much introducing anyway. Several of the girls giggled. Some of the guys just stared at him and some acted like they didn’t care, which was fine by Harry - the less attention the better.

Ginny sat down and crossed her legs. She looked back up and smiled at Harry as she padded the spot on the ground next to her. Harry sat down beside her and was invited to play a round of Exploding Snap. Soon an hour had passed and Harry was talking a little more freely to the group and its various members who he was getting to know quite well. He leaned back placing his hands behind him on the ground for support, trying to give his back a rest. Some people got up and left saying they had some last minute packing to do but the majority of the group stayed behind and continued what they were doing and enjoying their last night in the castle.

Ginny also leaned back the same way as Harry had done and her right hand landed on Harry’s left. Her hand was warm and slightly smaller compared to his. Harry could feel his face burning; maybe he was coming down with a fever. Despite that, their hands never moved again for the rest of the night.

* End of chapter one

Thanks to my friends who were pretty supportive of me while I was writing this story.

Also thanks to Jason for being a big help in betaing this for me, I’d be lost in a world of spelling errors and crummy plot holes if it weren’t for him.

I changed Ginny a bit as she’s a little less shy now then in her actual first year. Anyway please review, I live for your comments and thanks for reading my story.
Reviews 11
ChapterPrinter




../back
! Go To Top !

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding 2008 by melkior and Bear