Search:

SIYE Time:2:02 on 20th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophesized Six
By bengpotter31

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Neville Longbottom, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 668
Summary: This is the sequel to my previous story, Harry Potter and the Twists of Fate, starting off a few hours after the last chapter. Harry and his friends are now aware of the part they will play in the coming war. Can their friendship and love hold them together or will they allow jealousy and uncertainty to pull them apart, allowing Voldemort to win?
Hitcount: Story Total: 328130; Chapter Total: 6675





Author's Notes:
Here's the next chapter. I hope you like it. I'm sorry for the delay but I was busy reading Deathly Hallows, as I'm sure most, if not all, of you were doing. Wasn't it great? I loved it. It's a fitting end to the series, though she could have put a bit more detail into the epilogue. Both our fav ships were there. Too bad about those who died, especially a certain couple. Still, OBHWF was fulfilled. Now please read and review. I hope to post the next one next week.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 13: Hermione’s sweet sixteen

On Monday, the sixth of September, the Gryffindors had another double Potions class with the Slytherins. Snape had them begin brewing the Dreamless Sleep potion which required a month to complete. He hovered close to the Gryffindors during the whole class, muttering comments and barely disguised insults. He then gave them homework consisting of a five foot essay on the effect of making mistakes in every step of the creation of that potion.

The dreadful potion lesson was offset by another great double DADA class. James had them practice the shield charm for half the class then taught them the Disarming Charm. For the rest of the class, he had them practice using the shield charm to avoid the Disarming charm. Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville pretended that they were just learning the charm along with their classmates.

That night, the Gryffindor main and reserve teams had their first Quidditch practice. Angelina first had both teams do laps around the pitch for twenty minutes. Then she had them tossing the quaffle to each other for half an hour, even the two keepers and Harry. After that, Angelina had both groups of chasers run through several maneuvers while she had Harry chase the snitch. Finally, they had a mock game between the main team and the reserves without a seeker. The regular team trounced the reserves 110-40 in an hour. Angelina consoled the reserves with the fact that they had still managed to get 4 goals off Ron, courtesy of Ginny and Rose.

The next night, the New Marauders had an hour long animagus training session with little improvement. Wednesday night was another duel practice session with James. They again had animagus training for one hour on Thursday night.

Early on Friday morning, as she stretched on her bed, Hermione heard a tapping sound from the nearest window. Puzzled, she got up and put on a dressing gown over her nightgown. A glance around the room told her that her roommates were both still asleep.

When she got to the window, she was surprised to see an unfamiliar large brown owl outside holding a large bouquet of red roses with its feet. She opened the window to let the owl in. The bird flew in and deposited the bouquet on her night table before flying back out without so much as a hoot hello.

Hermione saw a card attached to the flowers. She picked it up and read it.

Dear Hermione,

Happy Birthday to my favorite know-it-all

Ron

P.S. I’ve got more planned for your birthday.


Hermione laughed with delight as she breathed in the scent of the flowers. She sighed happily as she idly wondered how thick-headed Ron managed to do this and what else he had in store for her. She managed to find a vase and placed the bouquet in it. She then changed quickly to one of the jogging outfits she used during their morning workouts.

When she joined the others in the woods near the lake, she immediately sought out Ron. She ran up to him and embraced him. “Thank you, thank you, thank you for the flowers, Ron.”

“You liked them then?” Ron asked her with a nervous look on his face as he looked down at her.

“They were lovely,” Hermione said, smiling up at him.

She pulled his head down for a kiss and then surprised him by licking his lower lip with her tongue. He eagerly parted his lips to allow her tongue to enter and engage his own in a swirling dance. Several whistles and whoops behind them reminded them they weren’t alone.

Breaking the kiss, they looked around and saw the others looking at them with amused expressions, causing them to blush furiously. The others then crowded around them, wishing Hermione a happy birthday and promising to give her their gifts later. They then went on with their usual morning workout.

On the way back to the castle, Ron and Hermione walked side by side. Ron had his arms around Hermione’ waist and Hermione’s head rested slightly on his shoulder. He was a full head taller than her now.

“So, Ron,” Hermione said, “What else do you have planned for me?”

“Now, Miss Granger, that would spoil the surprise,” Ron said with amusement in his tone. “I’ll tell you about it later.”

They went back to Gryffindor Tower to shower and change for breakfast. Hermione noticed that her dorm mates were only now waking up. She took hold of the vase with the flowers Ron had given her so she could smell them again.

“Oh my,” she heard Lavender cry out, “Hermione, where’d the flowers come from?” The other brunette had just stepped out of her bed.

“Yeah,” Parvati said as she walked over to Hermione’s bed, “It’s quite a lovely bouquet.”

“It’s from Ron,” Hermione said, a foolish grin on her face now. “He sent it as part of his birthday gift to me.”

“That’s so wonderful,” Lavender said. “I wouldn’t have guessed him to have a romantic bone in his body.”

“I know,” Hermione said, “I wouldn’t have thought so too. It seems he does have some notion about romance. He also sent a note with the flowers saying he has more planned for me to celebrate my birthday.”

“Hmm,” Parvati said, “Interesting. I hope they’re as great as this bouquet.”

“I hope so too,” Hermione said dreamily as she again inhaled the aroma of the flowers. After a few seconds, she glanced at the clock which showed the time to be a quarter to seven. “Oh my, I’d better change if I want to meet him for breakfast.” She dashed over to her wardrobe to pull out a fresh set of clothes and school robes.

As Hermione walked quickly to the bathroom, Lavender called out, “Oh Hermione, by the way, Happy Birthday.”

“Yeah,” Parvati said, “We hope today will be great for you.”

“Thanks, you two,” Hermione said, grinning back at her dorm mates. They were more girly than her and terrible gossips but their hearts were in the right place.

Twenty minutes later, she was entering the Great Hall. The rest of the New Marauders were already there. She sat down on the empty space beside Ron.

“Hey, beautiful,” Ron said, giving her a kiss on the cheek. “Happy Birthday again,” he said as he handed her a wrapped package that looked to her suspiciously like a book from its rectangular outline.

“Thanks, Ron,” Hermione said, a little disappointment in her tone, which was surprising considering how she loved books. But then, it was a birthday present from her boyfriend and, like any girl, she was hoping she’d get something more meaningful. The flowers had given her hope on that front but now, that was wavering.

Hermione opened the gift and sure enough, it was a book. She looked at the title and saw that it was a book on Arithmancy, one she unfortunately already had. Trying to hide her disappointment, she said, “Thanks, Ron. I’m sure I’ll find it useful.”

Beside her, Harry and Ginny shared mental sighs.

Ron smiled, apparently not having noticed her less than enthusiastic acceptance of his gift. “I’m sure it will. The man in the bookstore said it was the latest one on that subject.”

Harry and Ginny both mentally cringed at what Ron had said.

“Why don’t you take a look at the contents?” Ron asked.

“Um, not right now,” Hermione said, “I’d like to eat some breakfast first.”

Ron frowned, “Is something wrong, Hermione? Usually when you get a new book, you can’t wait to read it.”

Hermione mentally cursed. Why did he have to be so insightful now? “Well, okay, Ron,” she said. She looked at the table of contents then flipped rapidly through the book.

“Come on, Hermione,” Ron said, “You went through it too fast.” He took the book from her and flipped to one of the chapters. “Otherwise, you would have found this.” He thrust the book into her hands. There seemed to be a note attached to the page with some spell-o-tape.

Dear Hermione, meet me in the common room at seven o’ clock tonight for a night of romance. Just dress casually. Ron

Hermione looked in astonishment at him. “Really?” she softly asked.

Ron grinned and nodded.

“Are we going anywhere outside the castle?” Hermione asked.

“Tut, tut,” Ron said, placing a finger across her mouth, “No more questions, Miss Granger. It’s a surprise.” With that he turned his attention to his breakfast.

Hermione looked at him, astonishment still on her face. After a few minutes of staring at the side of Ron’s face, she shook her head to clear it and decided to eat as well.

For the rest of the day, Hermione s was partly distracted with wondering what Ron had planned for that evening. She thus failed to notice the few times Ron looked nervously at her.

Merlin! Ron thought, I hope I can pull this off.

Later that afternoon, as they were headed back to the castle after Herbology, Harry held Ron back, allowing Hermione to get ahead of them.

“Ron,” Harry whispered, “You better calm down. Hermione might start to notice that you seem nervous.”

Ron grimaced, “I can’t help it, Harry. I’m not sure if I can pull off what we’ve planned.”

Harry sighed, “Just try, Ron. If you can do it, I’m sure it’ll make Hermione’s day.”

“And if I can’t?” Ron asked, nervously.

Harry sighed again, “Well, at least you can tell Hermione you tried your best to make her birthday special for her. After all, in the Muggle world, sixteen is an important birthday.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Ron said, “So you told me. Why do they have to call it sweet sixteen?”

When they reached the Great Hall, Ron and Hermione separated from the rest. At the foot of the stairs, Ron glanced back at the others and couldn’t help but notice the worried look on Ginny’s face. Fortunately, Hermione didn’t look back. They walked back to Gryffindor Tower holding hands.

“So what should I wear?” Hermione asked Ron as they stood in the common room.

“Um, just something comfortable but not too informal,” Ron said. “Uh, maybe something the Muggles call smart casual.”

Hermione looked a bit surprised at that but said, “All right, Ron. I may have just the thing, something I’d wear for a Hogsmeade visit day.”

“Yeah,” Ron said, “That’ll be perfect.”

They went up to their respective dorms. Once he had changed into a light blue short sleeved polo shirt and black slacks, Ron went down into the common room to wait for Hermione. After 20 minutes, he heard footsteps on the stairs to the girls’ dorms. When he caught sight of Hermione, Ron felt his jaw drop to the floor.

Hermione wore a navy blue dress with spaghetti straps that hugged her body and showed her curves quite nicely. The dress had a front low enough to give a hint of cleavage and bared her lovely neck.

Hermione smirked and came up to Ron to kiss him softly, “Ron, are you all right?”

Ron nodded dumbly as he continued to stare at her.

Hermione giggled and said, “Well, where are we going for this night of romance you promised. I don’t think we can leave the grounds of Hogwarts.”

Ron shook his head to clear it before answering her. “Oh, no, we’re not leaving Hogwarts. Come on.”

He took her hand and they left the tower. When, instead of going to the stairs, Ron led her to the other end of the seventh floor, Hermione suddenly realized where they were going.

“Ron, are we going to the Room of Requirement?” she asked.

Ron nodded, a wide grin forming on his face. “Yeah, we are.”

He had her wait while he paced back and forth in front of the painting of Barnabas the Barmy. After the third pass, a beautiful door appeared on the wall. Ron opened the door and gestured to Hermione to enter first.

Hermione entered the room but stopped after going in a few feet, her eyes wide as she looked around the room. Instead of being in a room with stone or wooden walls and floors, they stood in a garden with neatly trimmed grass surrounded by bushes of red roses in full bloom.

A small gazebo with a raised platform was in the center of the garden. On one side of the gazebo, there was a table set for two with covered plates. A candelabrum holding four lighted candles was in the middle of the table. A banner was hung on the other side of the gazebo that read:

Happy 16th Birthday, Hermione!!


Hermione turned around and embraced Ron tightly. “It’s wonderful, Ron. You did this for me?”

“O-of course,” Ron answered as he returned the embrace. “You’re my girl. I wanted your birthday to be special.”

She smiled and pulled his head down to give him a kiss. He returned the kiss and then ran his tongue gently along her bottom lip. She eagerly opened her mouth and their tongues again engaged in a sensual dance. Just as Ron started to lower his hands from her upper back, a loud growl emanated from somewhere below his chest, causing them to break apart.

“Whoops,” Ron said looking down. “Sorry about that.”

Hermione laughed, “Don’t worry about it. The food does smell delicious.”

Ron grinned, “Come on then. Let’s eat.”

He took hold of one of her hands and guided her to one of the seats. He pulled it out for her, surprising her with his gallantry.

She smiled at him as she sat down, “Thank you, Ron.”

Ron sat in the chair opposite her. He waved his wand and the metal covers disappeared to reveal meals of roast pork, steak and kidney pie, mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables. Ron eagerly dug into his food. After a few minutes, he noticed that Hermione wasn’t eating much.

“Hermione,” he asked, “Is something wrong? You’re not really eating.”

Hermione shrugged, “I’m sorry, Ron. It’s just that I don’t really like steak and kidney pie or roast pork.”

Ron frowned, “You don’t? But I’ve seen you eat it at Potter Manor and at the Burrow.”

“I know, Ron. I just didn’t want to offend your mum or Mrs. Potter when it was served. Anyway, there were other foods available so I didn’t get hungry.”

“I’m sorry, Hermione,” Ron said. “I should have known you didn’t like them like I did.”

Hermione placed a hand on Ron’s hand, “It’s all right, Ron. Don’t let it worry you. I’m touched by all the effort you put into making up this dinner.” She then picked up her fork and ate more vigorously. After a few seconds, feeling reassured, Ron also resumed eating.

When they were done eating, Hermione noticed that Ron was looking nervous. Ron waved his wand again and soft music started to play. He stood up and walked over to her.

“H-Hermione,” Ron said nervously, “W-w-would you c-care to dance?” He offered her his hand.

Hermione looked at him in surprise then she smiled, “I would love to.” She placed her hand in his and allowed him to pull her up.

Ron guided her to the center of the gazebo. He then placed his other hand along her waist slowly began to lead her in a waltz.

Hermione felt like she was in a dream as she danced with Ron. This was how it should have been at the Yule Ball last Christmas. Unfortunately, that feeling lasted about two minutes since Ron then started stepping on her feet.

“Oh, sorry, Hermione,” Ron said.

“It’s all right, Ron,” Hermione said, suppressing the urge to wince when he stepped on her foot again.

The fifth time he did, Hermione couldn’t control herself anymore, “Ouch!” she exclaimed. She let him go and started hopping on one foot.

“Bloody hell! I’m sorry, Hermione,” Ron said, helping her back to the table.

“It’s all right, Ron,” Hermione said as she sat down.

“I’m really sorry,” Ron said. I should have taken Harry’s advice and asked Ginny to teach me how to dance a little.

“I’m okay, Ron,” Hermione said. “It doesn’t hurt anymore. Do we have anything for dessert?” She added, hoping to distract him.

“Oh, yeah,” Ron said, “I was saving that for after we danced.” He waved his wand to clear the plates then another wave caused two bowls of chocolate pudding to appear.

Hermione’s eyes brightened. She loved chocolate pudding. Quickly digging in, she savored the taste of the pudding.

“Mmm,” she moaned, “This is great, Ron. It’s as delicious as we have in the Great Hall.” She continued eating for a few seconds then her eyes suddenly widened. “Wait a minute. Ron, the food we’ve been eating, is it really made by the magic of this room or is it from Hogwarts’ kitchens?”

Ron looked nervously at her, “Well, I wasn’t sure if the room could make food.”

“You mean you asked the house elves to make our meal?” Hermione asked, looking alarmed now.

Ron shrugged, “Yeah, I asked them for some help.”

Hermione pushed the bowl of half-eaten chocolate pudding away from her. “Ron, you know how I feel about house elf enslavement. I barely tolerate it because it’s the way Hogwarts is run but I wouldn’t want to add to the work they do.”

“Come on, Hermione. They were happy to help. They were practically falling over themselves to do what I asked them to.”

“That doesn’t excuse it, Ron. Even enslavement to a good master is still enslavement. It’s wrong,” Hermione said, her voice starting to rise.

“But it’s their nature. It’s the way house elves have been since….forever,” Ron’s voice was now rising as well.

“Maybe that’s because they don’t know any better. If they knew what it was like to be free, I doubt they’d be happy with the way they are now.”

“Leave it alone, Hermione. It’s the way things are. You can’t change it,” Ron said, his blue eyes now hard.

“That’s what you think, Ronald,” Hermione said. She got up and walked out of the room.

“Bloody hell,” Ron said, lowering his head into his hands. After a few seconds, he decided to follow her. Walking rapidly, his long legs helped him catch up to her just as she passed through the Portrait of the Fat Lady.

The common room was empty, except for some of their friends. Harry was at a table near the fireplace, writing an essay. Ginny was seated on his left, leaning on his shoulder as she read one of her textbooks. Rose, Ti, Neville and Maggie were across from them, also doing homework.

They looked up upon hearing the Portrait hole open. Smiles started to form on their faces but turned into frowns as they saw the look on Hermione’s face.

Hermione marched up to Harry, “You knew, didn’t you, Harry? You knew Ron asked the house elves to make a meal for us.”

Harry gulped, “Come on, Hermione. Ron asked them nicely. He didn’t force them to.”

“That doesn’t matter, Harry,” Hermione said, “They’ve already a lot of work to do yet Ron added to that. I can’t believe he did that. I’m going to bed.” She turned on her heel and walked rapidly up the stairs to the girls’ dormitories.

Ron flopped down on the couch by the fireplace and dropped his head into his hands. Harry sighed and got up to sit down beside him, throwing an arm around Ron’s shoulder.

“Hey, it’ll be all right,” Harry said to him.

Ron lifted his head to glare at him, “You think so? Bloody hell, Harry, I knew I shouldn’t have tried this. It’s too complicated.”

Ginny came up and sat down on Ron’s other side. “Why don’t you tell us what exactly happened tonight, Ron?” Rose also came up and sat in one of the other chairs near the fireplace.

Ron sighed and told them all about his evening with Hermione, ending with the argument they had about the house elves. Of course, he left out the part about the choice of food not being Hermione’s favorite.

When he was done, Ginny squeezed his hand in sympathy, “I think you did quite well tonight, Ron. All the things you did, the garden, the gazebo, dancing after dinner, they were all so sweet. I think Hermione overreacted a bit over the house elves making the meal for you.”

“You really think so?” Ron asked, looking doubtful.

“I agree with her,” Rose said. She looked at Ginny, “I think we should talk to her and straighten her out, Ginny.”

“Yeah,” Ginny said, getting to her feet, “Let’s do it.”

The two redheads ascended the stairs to the girls’ dorms.

Ron watched them go then turned to Harry, “Do you think they’ll be able to explain things to Hermione?”

“I think so,” Harry said, “When Gin and my sister get together to do something, nothing much stops them. Remember, they’re the ones who talked Hermione out of forming that club for house elves last year.”

Ron did remember and shuddered, “I remember that. Who knows what would have happened if they hadn’t.” He got up. “I’m going to bed myself. Are you coming, too?”

Harry shook his head, “Nah, I’m going to finish this essay for Ancient Runes so Ginny and I can have some free time together before our extra lessons.”

Ron just nodded and walked up the stairs to the boys’ dorms. This surprised Harry since any mention of him and Ginny having free time together usually got a scowl and a warning look.

Ron must be really upset over this evening to be out of his protective brother mode, Harry thought. He watched Ron disappear up beyond a curve in the stairs then he looked up the stairs to the girls’ dorms. He hoped Ginny and Rose could talk some sense into Hermione. He sighed and turned his attention to the essay he had been writing before Hermione and Ron had returned from their dinner.

***************************** **

Ginny knocked on the door to the sixth year dorm. When no one answered, she and Rose entered and looked around. It seemed Lavender and Parvati were already asleep. Just then, the door to the bathroom opened and Hermione stepped out, her body wrapped in a towel.

“What are you two doing here?” she asked.

The two redheads came up to her and pulled her toward her bed. Ginny waved her wand to cast a privacy charm around them.

“We came up here to talk to you about tonight,” Rose said.

Hermione scowled. “I don’t want to hear anything more about tonight.”

“Hermione,” Ginny said, “Ron told us what happened. He went to a lot of trouble to make your birthday special. Why are you making such a big deal over who made your dinner?”

Hermione sighed. “I guess it was the final straw that broke the proverbial camel’s back. I appreciate every thing he did. I really do. I loved the flowers he sent me this morning.”

“Yeah,” Rose said, a grin on her face, “We saw the way you thanked him.”

Hermione looked down to hide the blush that formed on her face, “Yeah, well, so you did.”

“If you loved the flowers, what went wrong tonight?” Ginny asked.

Hermione sighed again then flopped backwards on the bed, “Well, first of all, there’s his gift,” she said. “You know I love books. I’ve always liked getting them as a present. But somehow, I was hoping to get something more from him, something like the presents Harry’s given you since you got together, Ginny. Well, not as fancy or expensive as that ring but something to show he really thinks of me as a girlfriend.”

“Then,” she continued, “Not only is it a book but it’s also a book I already had.”

“Oh my,” Rose said.

“Oh yeah,” Hermione said, “I bought it this summer as extra reading for my Arithmancy class. Maybe I can donate the one I bought to the library.”

“Well, I’m sure you liked the setting he asked the Room of Requirement to create for your dinner,” Ginny said. “It sounded lovely.”

“Oh it was,” Hermione said, breaking into a smile, “It was wonderful, all those rose bushes in full bloom, the candlelight dinner and the space for dancing. Unfortunately, he chose roast pork and steak and kidney pie for our main courses. I don’t really like them, especially kidney.”

“He didn’t mention that to us,” Rose said. “I can understand how that can ruin the dinner.”

“I can also see he hasn’t really paid attention to you during meal times,” Ginny said, “I have noticed that you don’t eat much of those foods whenever they’re available here. Yet you eat them well enough when they’re part of the meal at Potter Manor or the Burrow.”

Hermione sighed, “Ron told me the same thing. I just force myself to eat in those circumstances. I didn’t want to offend your mums. Anyway, Ron apologized to me for having the wrong kinds of food and I ate it after all. It was actually quite good. Then he invited me to dance. It surprised me since he didn’t dance much at the Yule Ball.”

“Yeah, because he was too busy watching you and Viktor Krum,” Rose said.

“I’m so sorry about that, Rose,” Hermione said, “I never should have accepted Viktor’s invitation. Then maybe Ron and I could have gone together and you wouldn’t have had such an awful time.”

“Hey, it’s okay, Hermione. I did get to dance with the other Gryffindors, so it wasn’t so bad. Then again, maybe I should have made him dance with me. Then I would have found out what a lousy dancer Ron was and told him to get lessons. If I had done that, maybe he wouldn’t have stepped on your feet so much tonight.”

Hermione winced, “Who knows? It was great for a while. Anyway, my feet don’t hurt anymore. At least, our dessert was one of my favorites. It was delicious. I just happened to compare it to the one we have during meal times in the Great Hall.”

“And that’s when you figured out that the house elves must have made the food, right?” Rose asked.

“Yeah, that’s about it,” Hermione said. “Knowing that he got a few house elves to work an extra amount of time to get our meal ready made me angry for some reason.”

“Hermione,” Rose said, “What makes you think the house elves had to do some extra work to make your food?

“Do you know what we had for dinner tonight?” Ginny asked. “We had roasted chicken, roast pork and steak and kidney pie. Chocolate pudding was one of the available desserts.”

“So you see, Hermione,” Rose said, “All they had to do was divert some of the food they had already prepared to you in the Room of Requirement, nothing extra.”

“Really?” Hermione asked her eyes wide.

“Yes!” Rose and Ginny said together.

“Oh, I see,” Hermione said, “I guess I was wrong on that part. But then I don’t see why they have to be the ones working here in that capacity like slaves.”

“Hermione,” Rose said, “Remember what Harry told you the day you first came to Potter Manor and met Blinky? House elves find fulfillment in working for wizards and witches. It’s their nature. I don’t really know how it became that way but they’re happy doing that. They don’t really need money since all they need they can create with magic.”

“Really?” Hermione asked again, “Is their magic different from the magic we use?”

“I really don’t know,” Rose replied, “I do know they can ignore the wards around Hogwarts that prevent Apparition or portkeys from working inside the castle. They manage to clean this old castle and prepare the massive meals for the school. I don’t know if anyone has studied how they do it.”

“Hmm, that’s interesting,” Hermione said. Her face had that look on it that suggested she was thinking about a difficult problem and relished the challenge.

“Our point, Hermione,” Ginny said, “is that you should look at all the effort Ron went through to help you celebrate your birthday. Sure, he made a few mistakes but look at the whole thing. Wasn’t it great how he tried to make it wonderful for you?”

Hermione nodded, “Yeah, I guess it was.” She sighed, “You’re right, Ginny, Rose. I shouldn’t have focused on all the wrong things that happened. It was a great evening in spite of the mishaps. I guess I better apologize to Ron and thank him for the lovely evening.” She got up and hugged the two red heads. “Thank you.”

She then put on a night gown over her evening wear and walked to the boys’ dorm. When she got to the fifth year boys’ room, she knocked. Harry opened the door.

“What is it, Hermione?” he asked.

“Uh, I really need to talk to Ron, Harry,” Hermione said. “Please, it’s important. I want to apologize to him.”

“All right,” Harry said, “Wait just a minute.” He closed the door. A few seconds later, two loud voices could barely be heard through the door, obviously arguing.

Hermione bit her lip. It seemed Ron didn’t want to talk to her, Minutes passed. Just when she decided to leave, the door opened revealing Ron with an unhappy look on his face. Harry was behind him, pushing him through the door. Once Ron was through, Harry closed the door firmly behind him.

Ron looked suspiciously at Hermione, “All right, what is it, Hermione?”

Hermione looked down at the ground, “Ron, I want to apologize for getting angry at you for having the house elves make our dinner. Ginny and Rose pointed out that it was the same food served in the Great Hall so the house elves didn’t do any extra work for us.”

“Is that all?” Ron asked.

“No,” she continued, “I also wanted to say how wonderful the whole evening was, even with the food and you stepping on my feet. It was one of my best birthdays yet. You made me feel special tonight.”

She now looked up at him. He looked back at her with a look of uncertainty and hurt in his blue eyes. That almost broke Hermione’s heart to see that look in the eyes she adored. Then before he could say anything, she placed her hands behind his neck and pulled his face down to her so that her lips pressed firmly into his.

For a second Ron just stood there but finally, he wrapped his arms around her waist and returned the kiss with equal intensity.

After a few seconds, Hermione pulled back. She looked up at him and said softly, “Thank you,” before pulling him down for another kiss.

Reviews 668
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear