Search:

SIYE Time:14:26 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophesized Six
By bengpotter31

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Neville Longbottom, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 668
Summary: This is the sequel to my previous story, Harry Potter and the Twists of Fate, starting off a few hours after the last chapter. Harry and his friends are now aware of the part they will play in the coming war. Can their friendship and love hold them together or will they allow jealousy and uncertainty to pull them apart, allowing Voldemort to win?
Hitcount: Story Total: 327556; Chapter Total: 6804





Author's Notes:
I hope you like this chapter, especially the Quidditch action. Please be patient with the updates since I don't have as much time to write as I used to when I made the Twists of Fate.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 15: The first Quidditch Match


“That was excellent, Rose,” Mrs. Thunderheart said, beaming at her young pupil. It was the day after the Hogsmeade visit and she and Rose were having another lesson. Professor Dumbledore was again behind his desk, looking at them from time to time as he looked over some papers.

Martha and Rose were again touching palms and Rose had her eyes closed. Martha had just asked Rose to form the image of the Headmaster at his desk out of her magical center, which the teen did almost instantaneously.

“Now,” Martha said, “I want you to concentrate on that image of Albus and whisper the words ‘Tempus nunc’.”

Rose whispered the words and concentrated on the image of Dumbledore. Slowly, the image blurred then solidified. As it did so, the scene expanded to show the entire room including her and Martha appearing just as they were, in full motion.

“Very good,” Martha said a happy tone in her voice. “Very well done, Rose. Now withdraw from your center and open your eyes.”

Rose did as Martha had asked and suddenly felt a little weak. She withdrew her hands from Martha’s and leaned back in her chair.

“Wow!” she said. “What did I do?”

“You used your abilities as a seer to see what Albus was doing at that moment,” Martha said. “It’s called the Present Sight ability which allows you to see what someone is doing. It takes a lot of energy the first few times you do it, making you feel weak, but the weakness lessens over time with practice. Of course, it’s not always successful. The more powerful the wizard or witch you are trying to look in on, the less chance it will work, especially if the person is hostile to you. Spells like the Imperturbable charm or the Fidelius charm can also block it.”

“Still, it can be useful,” Rose said, looking thoughtful. “Are there any other limitations to it?”

“Well, you have to be familiar with the person,” Martha said. “So, it may not work for a total stranger.”

Rose still looked a little tired. Dumbledore conjured a glass of water and offered it to the teen. Thanking the Headmaster, Rose drank half of the glass and felt better.

“Good,” Martha said. “Now, let’s try it again.” She raised her hands again and Rose placed her hands against hers before closing her eyes.

By the end of their two hour period, Rose was getting less tired from doing the ability. Martha congratulated her and let her leave.

As Rose rode the moving staircase down from the Headmaster’s office, she though she saw someone in the corridor. Much to her surprise, she saw Ti sitting on the floor in front of the guardian gargoyle, reading his Charms textbook.

“Hi, Ti,” Rose said. “What are you doing here?”

“I was waiting for you,” Ti said as he got up and walked up to her. “I hope you don’t mind. I know we never made an agreement but I thought that as your boyfriend, I should be here when you’re finished and walk you back to the common room.”

Rose smiled and took his hand in hers. “That’s so thoughtful of you. Thanks.” She leaned in to kiss him quickly on the lips.

Ti blushed and grinned. “Well, shall we?”

Rose smiled back and they started walking toward Gryffindor Tower. As they did, Rose told Ti about her latest lesson with Mrs. Thunderheart in low tones. Ti was intrigued by the new ability.

“That’s really interesting, Rose,” Ti said. “I’m sure it’ll come in handy.”

“Yeah,” Rose said. “I hope so.” She really hoped the abilities Martha was teaching her would help in the war. They continued talking about other things as they neared the portrait that hid the entrance to Gryffindor Tower.

*******

Neville sighed as he worked on an essay for Potions. He really hated that subject but he needed it if he was to follow his dad as an Auror. Of course, he had thought of pursuing a career related to Herbology but wasn’t sure if his parents would let him make a career out of his hobby, even if his father shared his passion for it.

His friends were around him as they sat at their usual corner of the Gryffindor common room, also doing homework. He heard the portrait hole open and looked in that direction in time to see Rose and Ti enter the common room holding hands. He sighed again.

Neville remembered the previous day when Rose and Ti had confirmed that they were now a couple. Neville was glad no one had noticed the look of disappointment that had crossed his face momentarily.

Now, as the couple walked up to the group, Neville kept his attention on his essay. So he didn’t notice Maggie leaving the group and climbing the stairs to the girls’ dorms with a miserable look on her face. In fact, no one in the group did. Neither did anyone in the group notice the dark eyed and black haired girl among the other third years across the room as she glared at Rose.

****************************


The days passed from October to November until it was the first Saturday of November and the day of the first Quidditch match of the year, Gryffindor versus Slytherin.

Angelina made sure both the main and reserve teams woke up early and were down in the Great Hall for breakfast before most of the student body, much to Ron’s annoyance. Still, being among the first to eat served to remove that annoyance until Angelina spoke up again.

“All right,” Angelina said, “you have thirty minutes then we head for the locker room.”

“What!” Ron blurted out. “But the game isn’t for another two hours.”

“So what?” Angelina asked. “I don’t want to be here when the Slytherins come. We also need to finalize our tactics and game plan. So eat up.”

Harry didn’t feel like eating. The usual pre-game nerves were bothering him.

“Come on, Harry,” Ginny said in his mind, as she placed some eggs, toast and ham on his plate, “you have to eat. Who knows how long the game will last? You don’t want to collapse in the middle of it and let Malfoy catch the snitch, do you?”

That did it for Harry. Slowly, he grabbed his fork and started eating the food Ginny had piled on his plate. He glanced over at Ron who seemed to be as nervous as he was. Hermione was by his side, whispering in his ear. Ron nodded and began eating, though not as fast as he usually did.

Exactly thirty minutes later, Angelina called out, “All right, that’s enough. All players get up and let’s go.”

Most of the team groaned but everyone got up from the table. Hermione got up for a moment, whispered ‘good luck’ and ‘look for me in the stands’ to Ron and kissed him swiftly on the cheek before sitting back down to finish her own breakfast.

The twelve other Gryffindor players followed Angelina out of the Great Hall and castle down to the Pitch. It was getting cold now but at least it wasn’t raining.

Harry and Ginny walked holding hands as did Ti and Rose. They separated to their respective changing rooms to change to their Quidditch robes then gathered together in the main room of the Gryffindor lockers.

“All right,” Angelina said, “I’ve finally gotten a list of the Slytherin lineup. Flint finally graduated last year so their new captain is Montague, one of the Chasers. Their previous Beaters, Derrick and Boyle, also left last year. But Montague’s found two replacements of the usual gorilla type by the names of,” she consulted a sheet of parchment, “Crabbe and Goyle. I don’t know them.”

“We do,” Harry and Ron said together.

“Unfortunately,” Neville added.

“They’re Draco’s shadows,” Ti said as a grimace formed on his face. “They’re always with him, except when he’s at home. Of course, they don’t have much upstairs,” he added pointing to his head.

“You got that right,” Harry said.

“Right,” Angelina said, “Well, the rest of their team the same as two years ago. Darcey still Keeper. Besides Montague, their Chasers are Pucey and Warrington. Their Seeker is still Malfoy.”

They all looked at Ti who shrugged his shoulders and said, “I doubt he’s improved his seeking skills. Harry’s loads better than him.”

“Okay,” Angelina said. “That’s good. While we’re waiting for the time for the game, let’s go over some of those plays again.” They spent an hour going over the maneuvers they’ve been practicing over the last two months.

Finally, they heard the tramp of hundreds of footsteps mounting the banked benches of the stands above them.

“All right,” Angelina said softly. “It’s time. Let’s go. Good luck.”

The team walked out to the pitch to be greeted by cheers from three-fourths of the students and a chorus of boos and jeers from the green and silver clad quarter. The Slytherin team was already waiting for them with Madam Hooch. They heard the magically amplified voice of Lee Jordan as he announced them.

“And here is the brave and true Gryffindor team,” he proclaimed, “led by their beautiful and sexy captain, Angelina Johnson. Too bad she turned me down for a date last Hogsmeade weekend.”

“Jordan!” they heard Professor McGonagall shout at the dark skinned boy.

“Sorry, Professor,” he said in a tone that clearly said he wasn’t. “The rest of the team is composed of Alicia Spinnet, Katie Bell, Fred and George Weasley, the greatest Seeker since Charlie Weasley, Harry Potter and, in his debut game as the new Keeper, Ron Weasley.” Loud applause and cheers sounded around the pitch. “In addition, Gryffindor has wisely put up a reserve team composed of Melinda Pipper as Keeper, Ginny Weasley, Rose Potter and Ti Black as Chasers and Neville Longbottom and Seamus Finnegan as Beaters. For reserve Seeker, I’ve been informed that both Ginny and Rose will share the position in case Harry can’t play. Now, let’s play some Quidditch!”

The pitch was rocked by the massive cheers from the students sitting in the stands. Looking around, Harry saw his father watching from the teachers’ stand. The elder Potter waved and raised his thumb to him.

Madam Hooch called both captains up to shake hands. Harry noticed that Montague tried to break Angelina’s hand but she didn’t even flinch.

The Gryffindor reserve team sat down in the first row of the Gryffindor area. The remaining fourteen players then rose up on their brooms. Harry flew his broom to a position a hundred feet above the pitch, on level with the hoops. He saw that Malfoy had flown up to the same height at the opposite end of the pitch, staring at Harry for a second before looking down at the rest of the players clustered around Madam Hooch. Harry was surprised that Malfoy hadn’t said a word to him but appreciated not having to contend with his usual sarcasm and abuse.

Madam Hooch waited for the Keepers to assume their stations in front of their respective hoops. She then released the Snitch which Harry watched fly off to disappear in the clouds. Once the small golden ball had been lost to sight, she released the Bludgers and the Quaffle.

Immediately, Angelina flew down to the Quaffle, snatching it before Montague could grab it and headed for the Slytherin hoops. Unfortunately, Crabbe smashed a Bludger right at her side, causing her to drop the Quaffle which was picked up by another of the Slytherin Chasers, Warrington.

Harry groaned when he saw the Bludger hit Angelina but saw that she had quickly recovered and sped after Warrington. He turned his attention to looking for the snitch, tuning out the action except for listening to Lee Jordan’s commentary with half an ear.

“Warrington passes to Montague who rushed off toward the Gryffindor hoops…..he appears headed for the left side…..Weasley moves to cover both middle and left hoops….WHOA! Montague passed the Quaffle to Pucey who darts the other way and….scores! Damn! Slytherin’s the first to score. COME ON, RON! You can do better than that. Don’t let those gorillas intimidate you. Whoops! Sorry, Professor......Angelina recovers the Quaffle, passes it to Katie Bell……Whoops! That Bludger almost got her. Luckily George Weasley managed to deflect it. Katie approaches the Slytherin hoops…..She passes around Darcey and…..scores! Yes! The score is tied ten to ten. Montague takes the Quaffle and passes to Pucey……But Alicia intercepts the pass! She scores, passing round Darcey as if he was standing still. Gryffindor now leads twenty to ten. Montague doesn’t look pleased at his Keeper now. What was that, Montague? We can’t quite hear that, even with you shouting.”

The majority of the students laughed at that last comment though McGonagall again warned Lee.

“Sorry about that, Professor. Montague again takes the Quaffle and heads for the Gryffindor goal. Pucey and Warrington are flying on his flanks. Crabbe and Goyle are on either side. It’s a classic arrowhead formation. Almost nothing can stop that. They’re getting close to the Gryffindor goals. Whoa! Ron just managed to catch the Quaffle just short of passing through middle hoop. My, my, if looks could kill, the one Montague giving Ron right now would do just that. Ron passes the Quaffle to Alicia who’s now flying down the pitch……OUCH! A Bludger just caught her on the head. Oh my, she’s been knocked off her broom!”

Harry swiftly looked down in time to see Alicia fall from thirty feet down to the ground of the pitch and lay there unmoving. Madam Hooch immediately blew her whistle, calling a temporary halt to the game. Harry flew down to join the rest of the team on the ground. Madam Pomfrey was already beside Alicia, waving her wand over the girl as the rest of the Gryffindor team gathered around them.

“Don’t crowd around,” the school nurse said.

“How is she, Madam Pomfrey?” Angelina asked worry clearly etched in her voice.

Professor McGonagall and the reserve team now joined them, concern also on their faces.

“She’s got a mild concussion,” the matron said. “She also has some broken ribs, a broken left arm and right leg. She’ll need to go to the Hospital wing immediately.”

McGonagall conjured a stretcher. She and Madame Pomfrey then carefully levitated Alicia, who was still unconscious, onto it. The nurse then steered it out of the pitch, followed by McGonagall and several Gryffindor sixth and seventh years.

As soon as they were gone, Madam Hooch turned to Angelina. “It’s a good thing you have a reserve team, Miss. Johnson,” she said. “Otherwise, you’d be at a disadvantage. So, who will fly now in the place of Miss. Spinnet?”

Angelina looked over at the three reserve Chasers who looked back at her silently with hopeful looks on their faces. She looked at each of them for a couple of seconds then finally turned to Ginny.

“All right, Weasley,” she said, “let’s see what you’ve got.”

Ginny grinned and mounted her broom. The Gryffindor team then kicked off the ground to resume the game.

“Please be careful, Gin,” Harry said in Ginny’s mind. “This isn’t a friendly game at the Burrow or Potter Manor. The Slytherins can really play rough.”

“Don’t worry about me, Harry,”
Ginny said back to him. “They won’t know what hit them. You just find that Snitch.”

Now that Ginny was in the game, Harry was even more determined to find the snitch before the Slytherins decided to play rougher. He scanned the skies around the pitch, flying around high above the other players.

He barely heard Lee’s commentary as he described the bewildering way Ginny moved around the Slytherins to score again and again. He could feel the wild way she flew through their bond. It was exhilarating and terrifying at the same time. She avoided Bludgers by mere inches. She stole the ball twice from the Slytherin Chasers.

Ron, on the other hand, seemed to still be nervous since he only could block half the shots the Slytherins made.

An hour more into the game, Harry still hadn’t seen a sign of the Snitch. Luckily, it seemed that neither had Malfoy. The score now stood at ninety to fifty in favor of Gryffindor. Montague was again shouting at his Keeper.

Finally, Harry saw a glint of gold hovering above the faculty bleachers. He glanced at Malfoy and saw that the blond boy hadn’t seen it yet. He looked back and saw that the Snitch hadn’t moved.

Narrowing his eyes and focusing on his target, he sped forward, leaning forward on his broom to get more speed. A second later, he heard Lee Jordan yell out, “I THINK POTTER”S SEEN THE SNITCH!” Ignoring him, Harry swiftly closed on his quarry which now sped away, Harry in hot pursuit. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Malfoy close up behind him.

Harry continued following the Snitch as it dove behind the stands and down under them. When it couldn’t shake Harry then, it sped back out into the pitch and up the side of the Ravenclaw stands. Harry doggedly pursued it, even when it dove for the ground, increasing speed.

Slowly, Harry caught up to it but also sensed Malfoy closing in on him and the Snitch. Then Malfoy was right beside him, trying to push him away with his elbows. Harry ignored the buffets and stretched his arm forward. Ever so slowly, he inched closer to the golden ball. Finally he lunged forward and his hand closed around it just a second before Malfoy’s. Harry pulled up immediately, his hand raised in triumph.

“HARRY POTTER HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH! GRYFFINDOR WINS, TWO HUNDRED FORTY TO FIFTY!” Lee Jordan’s voice boomed across the field followed by a massive roar from the crowd.

Harry glanced over toward Malfoy who was hovering a few feet from him. He was surprised when the Slytherin seeker nodded to him before flying down to his teammates.

Harry was bewildered by this new behavior but didn’t have time to ponder on it further as a small figure in red and gold rammed into him. Then a familiar scent filled his nostrils, followed by a familiar set of lips pressing deeply into his own. Harry and Ginny had only a second to enjoy the kiss before several other figures in red and gold crowded around them, cheering wildly and pounding Harry on the back.

As they landed on the ground, the rest of the reserve team came running up to them.

“Great catch, Harry,” Neville shouted.

“Thanks, Nev,” Harry said, grinning at his friend. He looked down at his girlfriend and said, “You did great out there, Gin. You flew better today than I’ve ever seen you.”

Ginny grinned, blushing as she did. Then she pulled his head down for another kiss.

“Oi, enough of that,” Ron’s voice came to them from the side.

They ignored him for a few more seconds then broke away, grinning at each other. Then Harry turned to Ron who was scowling at him. “You did well also, Ron. Nice goal keeping.”

Ron shrugged. “Yeah, well, I wish I blocked more of those shots.”

“You’ll do better next time,” Hermione said, coming up beside him. She kissed him on the cheek. “Harry’s right, though. You did pretty well today for your first game.”

“Great job today, guys,” Angelina said. “Let’s get cleaned up so we can visit Alicia in the hospital wing.”

They all looked guiltily at each other for celebrating while they had an injured teammate in the hospital wing. After quick showers and changing into Muggle clothing, they hurried out of the locker rooms, Harry and Ginny bringing up the rear.

As they exited the stadium, Harry and Ginny heard a voice calling their names. They looked in the direction of the voice and saw James Potter catching up to them.

“That was a great catch, Harry,” James said, grinning at him as he waved them to walk on and follow their teammates.

“Thanks, Dad,” Harry said, returning the grin. “I was glad I caught it before Malfoy did. He was close. It was strange though that he didn’t speak to me at all during the game. He usually throws a few insults at me. Today he didn’t say a word. ”

“Well, maybe he’s figured there’s nothing to gain from doing that,” James said. “Maybe he’s finally growing up.”

Harry shrugged, “I hope so. He even nodded to him as if to acknowledge that I’d beaten him fairly.” He glanced over at Ti who was walking a few feet ahead of them, holding hands with Rose. “Maybe Ti’s right. Maybe Draco’s changing his ways.”

“I hope so, too, Harry,” Ginny said. “It may not be obvious to most people but Ti really wants his older brother to be by his side.”

“Well, you’ll just have to wait to see if it’s true and hope for the best,” James said. He looked at Ginny. “Anyway, Ginny, those were some fantastic moves you did out there. I’ve never seen such fantastic flying before.”

Ginny blushed at the praise she was receiving from her future father-in-law. “Thank you, James. Harry said as much.”

“Oh?” James said, breaking out in a grin. “I bet he did more than tell you that.”

“Dad!” Harry exclaimed, his face turning red.

James laughed, “Now I know he did. Well, now that I’ve embarrassed my eldest son, I think I’ll catch up with my eldest daughter and her boyfriend.” He gave them a wink and sped up his pace.

Harry watched as his father caught up to Ti and Rose. Harry had decided that it wasn’t his place to tell James that Rose had a boyfriend and the identity of that person. Of course, in the three weeks since the Hogsmeade day, Ti and Rose had not acted like they were more than friends during the time they trained with James so Harry thought his father had no idea of the new status of his daughter and Ti. Obviously, Harry was wrong. He just hoped his dad didn’t give the blond boy a hard time for dating his daughter.

Meanwhile, Rose and Ti were very preoccupied talking about the game when a familiar male voice said, “Well, well, it seems you two are closer now than you were this summer.”

They looked behind them in the direction of the voice. Ti gulped on seeing their DADA professor barely two feet behind them and he dropped Rose’s hand quickly.

“Well, Rose?” James said, crossing his arms across his chest. “Is there something I should know about the two of you? I’m waiting.” The rest of the team had stopped now and were watching the unfolding scene with interest.

“I’m sorry, Professor,” Ti said quickly stepping away from Rose. “I know I should have asked you before I asked Rose to be my girlfriend….”

“What?!” Rose said angrily as she turned to Ti. “Ti, you don’t need my dad’s permission to date me.”

“But, Rose,” Ti said, “it’s wizarding tradition to ask the father if you want to enter into a relationship with a girl. My dad taught me that. I forgot about it.” He turned to James, looking sheepishly at the ground. “Professor, I’m so sorry. If you don’t approve….”

James raised his hands in a placating motion. “Hold on, Ti. I was just joking. I don’t give a damn about those bloody pureblood traditions. Most of them are old fashioned and prejudicial. I don’t hold my kids to follow them. I trust them to do what is right.”

James turned to Rose, placing a hand gently on her shoulder. “Now, Rose, you’re right that you don’t need my approval. I’ve taught you how to know the good from the bad and I trust you. Of course, I’ve also gotten to know Ti a bit over the summer, plus there’s the fact that Sirius regards him like a son.”

He turned back to Ti. “Still, if you need it, Ti, you have my permission to date Rose. I just have one piece of advice.” He leaned forward and lowered his voice so only Ti could hear him. “Don’t get her mad at you. She has her mother’s temper plus she’s best friends with Ginny. Together, they’d make your life a living hell if you hurt her, not to mention what Harry would do to you.”

Ti looked at Harry and gulped despite the grin on Harry’s face. “All right, sir. I’ll try to live up to your trust.”

James smiled and patted him on the back. “Good. Now, I think we should go on in. I believe one of your teammates is waiting for you in the hospital wing. I, on the other hand, have to get home to Lily and my other kids.” James said goodbye to everyone, hugging his daughter and once again congratulating his son for the great capture of the snitch. He then split off from them to head to Dumbledore’s office to use the Floo to get to Potter Manor.

A few minutes later, the Gryffindor team was all in the hospital wing. Alicia was awake and on the mend. Madam Pomfrey had already healed her broken bones but insisted she remain there overnight.

“You know, Harry,” Alicia said, “I think this is the first time a team member other than you was in this position.”

“Sorry, Alicia,” Harry said. “For once, I’m glad to be the visitor. So far, I haven’t had to be a patient and I intend to keep it that way. Hopefully, this is one year I won’t be spending any amount of time here.”

“Oh, I don’t know, dear brother,” Rose said. “It’s only November. There are still seven months left of school, not to mention at least three more Quidditch matches for us to play. I’m sure you’ll somehow end up here before the summer. After all, trouble and injury seem to follow you around.”

“Be that as it may, dear sister,” Harry said, “I’m hoping for the best.”

“Enough of that,” Alicia said. “Tell me about the rest of the game. What happened after I got knocked out?”

They all took turns relating the rest of the game to Alicia over the next hour. At the end of that time, Madam Pomfrey kicked them out to allow her patient to rest. They managed to get back to the Great Hall for the last hour of lunch.

Two hours after that, the New Marauders had another animagus session. This time, Harry and Ginny were able to transform fully into their tiger forms. Everyone admired their sleek and powerful bodies. Of course, the twins noticed immediately the lightning bolt shaped marking on tiger-Harry’s face and the odd markings on tiger-Ginny’s face that resembled freckles. The others howled with laughter over this, earning them some playful swipes of the big cats’ paws.

Surprisingly, Ron managed to change his body and head to his dog form, though not at the same time. All the rest were still only able to change their limbs and heads. Even then, it had been a good session and Professor McGonagall praised them for it.

Rose’s lesson the next day was equally good. She was able to form the image of Professor Dumbledore almost immediately and whispering the words, 'Tempus anon', she saw him in what appeared to be his private quarters, looking at some papers. Rose was able to follow him as the Headmaster left the room and came into his office. However, she found that it tired her out like that first time she did it, though not as much.

Noticing her fatigue, Dumbledore conjured a pitcher and a goblet and filled the goblet with what appeared to be pumpkin juice before giving it to Rose. Rose thanked him before draining the contents which was indeed cool pumpkin juice which revitalized her.

“Now that was very good,” Martha said, beaming at her. “You are progressing well. Albus, please go outside for a walk so we can see how long Rose can maintain this ability.”

Dumbledore nodded and left. After five minutes, Martha said, “All right, Rose. Let's see you form that image of Albus again.”

This time, Rose was able to follow Dumbledore around the castle for thirty minutes before feeling very weak. Martha filled the goblet again and handed it to her.

As Rose drank from the goblet, Martha said, “I think that’s enough for today. For the following week, I want you to start forming images of people you know, family members or friends. The more you practice, the better and easier it will get. But don’t practice for more than half an hour or let it interfere with your schoolwork. I’ll see you next week, dear.” She smiled down at Rose as she got up then took out a wooden ruler from a pocket of her dress. She said, “Activate!” and was gone with a soft pop.

That afternoon saw another duel training session for the New Marauders in the Room of Requirement.

For the first time, Neville dueled with Harry. Though Harry managed to disarm Neville, it took him nine minutes of a very intense session of dodging, shields and spell work to do so. Everyone was impressed by this. It confirmed that Neville did approach Harry in power.

Ginny, on the other hand, took a shorter time to disarm Rose. Even then, the eldest Potter girl had kept her best friend busy for a full five minutes before succumbing to a stunner after a Reducto curse shattered her shield.

After the session, James came up to Harry as he was getting ready to leave with Ginny. “Harry, I’d like a word with you. You can stay, Ginny, if you want. With your connection, you’ll find out anyway.”

“What is it, Dad?” Harry asked.

“Well, you said you wanted to be kept informed about the Order’s meetings,” James said. “We had a meeting last night. You see, over the past month, there have been another series of disappearances involving Ministry officials. There have also been several attacks on isolated villages and farmhouses, both Muggle and Wizarding.”

Harry and Ginny’s eyes widened with this revelation.

“Why haven’t we heard anything about these attacks and disappearances?” Harry asked. “There’s been nothing in the Daily Prophet about any trouble since we came back to school.”

James sighed. “According to Sirius and the other Aurors who are members in the Order, Fudge ordered a suppression of any news of these disappearances and attacks. The Dark Mark hasn’t appeared over any of the areas attacked and the homes of those who’ve disappeared. Most of those were unmarried. The one person who was married was last seen by his wife just before he left for work. Fudge doesn’t want to believe that Voldemot is behind them but it seems so much like the first time he rose to power.”

“So what is the Order doing about it?” Harry asked.

“There’s not much we can do,” James said. “Our Auror members have quietly tried to investigate the disappearances but the victims were all low or middle level employees of the Ministry in various departments. There doesn’t seem to be any purpose or pattern to them. I’m sure Albus has a theory but he hasn’t shared it with any of us. That’s about it.”

Harry nodded, “Thanks Dad, for letting us know. Can I tell the rest of our Marauders?”

James shrugged, “I guess its okay. Just make sure no one else knows.”

“Uh, James,” Ginny said, “do you think you can get a list of the Ministry workers who disappeared?”

“I think I can,” James said. “Why, may I ask?”

“Well, since we’re telling the others,” Ginny said, “I’d like to run it by Rose and Hermione. Maybe the three of us can find a pattern you and the Order missed.”

James looked thoughtful for a moment before nodding, “All right, I’ll make one and pass it to Harry. Maybe you girls will succeed where we’ve failed. The three of you are probably among the most brilliant witches here right now.”

Ginny blushed, “Well, Hermione is the main brain.”

“Don’t sell yourself short, Gin,” Harry said, drawing her into his arms. “You and Rose are the best in your year. You, my dear soulmate, are very smart.”

Ginny smiled and looked up into his eyes. “That, Mr. Potter, deserves a reward.” She pulled his head down so their lips met in a searing kiss, causing them to forget the outside world.

Neither of them noticed James slip out of the room, a wide grin on his face. He didn’t think he’d see the two teens for another hour or two. He was almost right. They barely made it to the Great Hall before dinner was over and ignored the glares they got from Ron over their rumpled appearance.



Reviews 668
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear