Search:

SIYE Time:11:17 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophesized Six
By bengpotter31

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Neville Longbottom, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 668
Summary: This is the sequel to my previous story, Harry Potter and the Twists of Fate, starting off a few hours after the last chapter. Harry and his friends are now aware of the part they will play in the coming war. Can their friendship and love hold them together or will they allow jealousy and uncertainty to pull them apart, allowing Voldemort to win?
Hitcount: Story Total: 327464; Chapter Total: 6519





Author's Notes:
Here's the next chapter. Since the previous one had Quidditch, this one has some action in it. Of course, there's still romance and fluff. Those I just love to write. Enjoy.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 16: Christmas holidays, Part I

True to his word, James handed the list of disappeared and murdered Ministry workers over to Harry the following Tuesday. Hermione, Ginny and Rose pored over it whenever they had spare time. One thing they noted immediately was that all departments of the Ministry had lost workers, mostly middle rank officials. There were even a couple of Aurors who had disappeared. However, they also couldn’t find any pattern after a couple of weeks. They reluctantly stopped working on it to concentrate on their schoolwork which was getting more difficult.

The weather turned colder as November slowly gave way to December. The first Saturday of December saw the second Quidditch game of the season which was between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. Both teams were evenly matched except for their seekers. Because Cedric Diggory had graduated the previous year, the Hufflepuff seeker was new, a fourth year named Brian Coxley.

Cho Chang used her rival seeker’s inexperience to grab the snitch before Coxley even saw it. This meant that Ravenclaw would be playing against Gryffindor in the next match scheduled for the end of January. Harry smirked as he thought that Cho didn’t hesitate one bit in capturing the snitch, unlike a similar match two years before between her and Coxley’s predecessor. Rumor had it that she and Cedric were still seeing each other even if former Hufflepuff seeker was now working in the Ministry.

As the end of term exams for the autumn term came closer, the students were swamped with more homework. This was especially true for the fifth and seventh years. Since they needed more and more time to finish their homework, James decided to suspend all the New Marauders’ training sessions for the meantime. The ten kids were disappointed, especially since most of them were finally able to transform their heads. They felt that a little more practice would allow them to fully transform. To make up for it, James promised that they’d work on it during the Christmas holidays.

Rose, on the other hand, was still able to have her lessons with Martha. She had moved on to using the Present sight ability on other people in the castle. Unfortunately, the first time she tried to use it on Harry, she found him snogging Ginny enthusiastically in the Room of Requirement. She immediately broke off, blushing furiously at the sight of Harry’s hands wandering up and down her best friend’s body, even if they were still fully clothed. She looked up at Martha who had most likely seen that since they had been touching palms again. The woman only smiled and chuckled.

“Ah, young love,” she said. “I know how that feels. Shall we try for someone else, Rose?”

Still blushing, Rose nodded and they again touched palms. This time, she decided to focus on one of her dorm mates, Melinda. That went much better since Melinda was in the library studying. After a few minutes, Rose was bored and decided to try looking for her mother.

She formed an image of Lily Potter in her mind and whispered the incantation. A blurred image of Lily formed. It seemed she was in the kitchen, feeding the twins. After a few minutes, the image faded. Rose felt Martha withdraw her hands from her.

“Rose,” Martha said, “who was that?”

“That was my mother and twin brother and sister,” Rose answered. “They’re at home, in Potter Manor. Why was the image blurred, Martha? Why could I hold it for only a few minutes? I feel so tired.”

“Rose, are there any wards around your home?” Martha asked. “Is it magically hidden?”

“Yes,” she answered. “There’s an old spell around it that allows only Potters and people the head of the family allows to enter. Then Dad and Ginny Weasley’s oldest brother, Bill, placed some new wards in it.”

“That’s why the image was blurred, Rose,” Martha said. “I did tell you that this ability is harder to use when the area the selected subject is in is warded or under a charm like the Fidelius charm. Even then, you were able to see something, though it was blurred. Ordinarily, you shouldn’t have been able to see her. That suggests again that your ability is very strong.”

“Blimey,” Rose said.

Martha smiled, “Yes, blimey indeed.”

“Uh, Martha,” Rose said, “is that why I can clearly see people here? I mean, Hogwarts is also heavily warded yet I can see people clearly with this ability.”

“Well,” Martha replied, “being within the wards removes the blocking nature of the wards to this ability, so that’s beside the strength of your seer power. I think that’s enough for the day. I’ll meet you next week.”

“All right,” Rose said, getting up. “Martha, what about during the holidays, how do we meet?”

“Oh, I think we can do with a little break, Rose,” Martha said, smiling. “We can stop for a while to enjoy the holidays. I usually spend it with my daughter and her family in Montreal.”

“You’re married?” Rose blurted out. She placed a hand over her mouth, shocked at her lack of manners then looked down at her feet, embarrassed since she had never asked about Martha’s family.

Martha patted her hand. “It’s all right, dear,” Martha said. She somehow seemed to know the reason for her sudden embarrassment. “I know you’ve been so excited about these lessons. I don’t feel offended that you haven’t asked about me beyond the seer abilities. Let’s talk about it when we resume our lessons in January, okay?”

Rose nodded and gave her a smile. “I’d like that. Then I can tell you all about Daisy and Andrew, my twin brother and sister.”

Martha returned the smile, “Wonderful. Now, go on and get out of here. I think that boyfriend of yours is starting to get impatient.”

Rose was halfway down to the corridor outside before she realized that she’d never told Martha that she had a boyfriend. She shook her head in consternation but forgot about it the moment she saw the blonde head of Ti in the corridor. She had to admit it; she really liked Ti. They were really enjoying each other’s company now that they were a couple. That led to several visits to broom cupboards around the castle, though they never went beyond snogging. She wasn’t sure if she was ready for more.

In spite of being content with her relationship with Ti, Neville’s handsome face still intruded into Rose’s thoughts every now and then, especially since he announced to the group that Lisa Turpin, the Ravenclaw he had dated on the first Hogsmeade weekend, was now his girlfriend. With this development, Neville spent more of his time with her outside of classes and before curfew. Rose sighed and thought that it was just as well. She’d now be able to get him out of her system and move on with Ti. At least, she hoped so.

*******************************

Two weeks later, Harry and Ron were dragging their trunks as they hurried down the stairs from their dorm room to the common room, Harry also holding on to Hedwig’s cage. It was the start of the Christmas holidays and most of the students, including all of the New Marauders, were heading home to spend the break with their families. At the foot of the stairs, they spotted their girlfriends with Rose and Ti.

“It’s about time the two of you showed up,” Hermione said. “The train leaves in an hour. It’ll take us at least half that time to get to the station.”

“We know, Hermione,” Harry said. “Your boyfriend just had some last minute packing to do.”

Hermione turned to the male red head. “You waited for the last minute to do all of your packing again, didn’t you, Ron?”

“So what if I did?” Ron said. “We still have time to get to the train.”

“Yes, Ronald,” Hermione said angrily, “we’ll reach the train on time. But it may be difficult to get a compartment to fit all of us.”

“Oh, yeah?” Ron asked hotly. “Well….”

“And they’re off,” Ginny said in Harry’s mind as Ron and Hermione faced each other, their faces turning red and their voices rising in volume.

“Well, we’re off as well but in a different way,” Harry said, grabbing Ginny’s hand and pulling her away from the bickering couple.

Rose and Ti exchanged glances and followed the bonded pair out of Gryffindor Tower. They could hear the voices of Ron and Hermione reaching screaming volume just before the Fat Lady closed her portrait over the entrance to the tower.

“I tell you, Harry,” Ginny said to him mentally as they walked down the stairs, “those two bicker so they have the energy to snog.”

“Really?”
Harry asked her with a bemused tone. “I thought screaming at each other drains energy, not creates it.”

“Oh, no,”
Ginny said, “all that screaming creates steam that they can channel to energize their snogging sessions. Wait till they join us in the Express. You’ll see what I mean.”

Harry was puzzled by what she meant for a moment but caught an image of Ron and Hermione kissing passionately from her mind, their hands roaming over their clothed bodies. His eyes widened and he turned red.

“That is one image I certainly don’t want to see,” he told her.

"Me neither,” Ginny agreed, “Fortunately, we only see what they look like afterwards.”

The four Gryffindors boarded a carriage to Hogsmeade together. When they arrived at the train station, they managed to find an empty compartment near the back of the Hogwarts Express. Neville dropped by for a moment to tell them that he would be riding back with Lisa and her friends and that Maggie would also be riding with her year mates.

Harry reminded Neville that he and Maggie would be coming over to Potter Manor or the Burrow every other day to practice their animagus transformations with the others. Then on Christmas Day, they and their parents would join the Potters, Weasleys and Blacks at Potter Manor for lunch. The other three families would also spend Christmas Eve together at the Burrow.

Ron and Hermione managed to join them just as the final whistle before departure sounded from the train’s engine. Strangely enough, both looked disheveled and seemed to have swollen lips. The other five Gryffindors exchanged amused glances but didn’t say a word, at least verbally.

“What did I tell you, Harry?” Ginny asked in his mind. “Ron and Hermione bicker just so they can snog.”

“Like I said a few weeks ago,”
he said to her, smiling down at her, “you, Miss Weasley, are a very smart person.” He gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

The trip back to London was uneventful. They spent part of the time talking about their planned holidays.

“My parents, Danny and I are going for a holiday in Jamaica tomorrow,” Hermione said. “There’s a dentist’s convention there for a couple of days but we’ll spend a few more days going around the island. It’ll be Daniel’s first trip abroad and we’re excited to see how he likes it.”

“That means you won’t be here for Christmas,” Ginny said.

“I know,” Hermione said softly, looking sadly at Ron whose face mirrored her sadness. “I just wanted some time with my family. But I promised Ron that I’ll spend the rest of the holidays from two days before New Year’s Eve until we return to Hogwarts with you at the Burrow.”

“That’ll be great, Hermione,” Harry said.

Harry had no doubt that Ti would visit Rose every chance he could. He knew he’d do the same with Ginny and Ron. They spent the rest of the trip playing Exploding Snap or napping.

It was late afternoon by the time they arrived at King’s Cross Station. As they exited their compartment, they bid a last goodbye to Neville and Maggie and met up with Fred and George. On the platform, they found Bill, Sirius and Sam among the people waiting for the arrival of the train.

“Bill!” Ginny cried, running up to hug her oldest and favorite brother.

“Hey, firefly,” Bill said, hugging her back, “it’s great to see you.” He turned to Harry. “Hi, Harry. You’ve been treating my sister okay?”

Harry grinned as he and Bill exchanged a manly hug, “Of course, Bill. If I didn’t, I’d get her Bat Bogey hex even before any of you Weasley brothers can lay a hand on me.”

“That’s what I like to hear,” Bill said, grinning back.

Harry enjoyed the easy banter between him and the oldest Weasley son. Since meeting the Weasley family fourteen years before, he’d looked up to Bill like an older brother. Bill had treated him and Rose like his own brother and sister. Harry was glad that someday soon, they’d be related for real.

While Fred and George greeted Bill, Harry hugged Sirius and Sam. Sam was six months pregnant and showed it.

“How are you, Sam?” he asked her. “How’s the baby?”

“I’m doing well,” she said. “The baby’s started to move around. It’s just that this git,” she pointed to Sirius, “just won’t stop trying to baby me.”

“But, honey,” Sirius said, “I don’t want you to tire yourself out. You really shouldn’t have come with me to pick up Ti.”

“Sirius!” Sam cried, “I’m the healer, not you. I should know when a pregnant woman can still be allowed to pick her son up from school.”

Harry smiled as he saw the happy look on Ti’s face when he heard Sam refer to him as ‘her son’.

Just then, Sirius noticed something and turned to Ti, “Ti, why are you and Rose holding hand? Is there something I should know about?”

“Um, well,” Ti stammered, “I guess I should tell you that we’re dating.”

“Whoopee!” Sirius cried with a grin forming on his face. “That’s wonderful.”

“Oh, yeah,” Fred said, “Really wonderful.”

“You should see them, Sirius,” George said, “Kissing everywhere.”

“They’re as bad as Harry and our sister,” Fred said.

“Just like Ron and Hermione as well,” George said.

“Oh, shut it, you two,” Ron said, glaring at the twins.

Sirius’ grin widened. “That’s my boy,” he said. Then his grin fell as he caught sight of James coming off the train. “Uh, Ti, does James know?”

“Y-yeah, he knows,” Ti said, shrugging. “He’s been really nice about it.”

Sirius raised an eyebrow. He turned to James as he stepped up to them. “Are you all right, Prongs? You’re being nice to a boy who’s dating your fourteen year old daughter?”

James scoffed, “I don’t see why I have to be concerned, Padfoot. It’s not like he’s anything like you were when we were in school. I’m pretty sure he won’t break it off with Rose when he sees another pretty face.”

“Hey!” Sirius said, “I resent that.”

“That doesn’t make it any less true, Siri,” Sam said, glaring at him. “Remember; I was at Hogwarts with you guys. I witnessed your dating practices while I was there. Thank Merlin you didn’t try to date me then.” Then her features softened, “Of course, you’ve changed for the better since then. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have married you or be carrying your child.”

“Speaking of child,” James said, “have you two checked if you’re having a boy or a girl?”

“No,” Sam said, glaring at her husband, “Sirius wants it to be a surprise. Even then, he’s convinced it’s going to be a boy.”

“I know it will be,” Sirius said. “The kid kicks hard. It has to be a boy.”

“Well, suit yourself,” Sam said. “I just made sure we have clothes for both a boy and a girl, just in case.”

“Well, even if I like catching up with you guys,” James said, “I think it’s time we got this lot home.”

Harry turned to Hermione and gave her a hug, “See you soon, Hermione.”

“Hey Potter,” Ron said, grinning, “lay off my girl.” He drew Hermione into a more intimate embrace. “I’m going to miss you, ‘Mione.”

“I will too,” Hermione said, brushing his cheek tenderly with her hand. “It’s only for a few days.”

“Yeah, I know,” Ron said. “Dad will pick you up two days from New Year’s Day. Your parents and brother are over there. Come on.” They walked together holding hands towards the Grangers. Mrs. Granger was holding Daniel’s hand. Harry grinned as he saw Daniel’s eyes light up upon seeing his sister.

Harry and Ginny hugged Sirius and Sam once last time then Ginny hugged Ti while Harry patted his back.

“Just floo-call ahead when you’re coming over, okay, Ti?” Harry said, grinning. “We still have to break the news of you and Rose dating to Mum.”

Ti gulped and nodded. Sam held on to him as she Apparated while Sirius did the same as he hung on to Ti’s trunk.

Harry turned to Ginny and embraced her tightly. “I’ll see you, Gin, in a couple of days,” he said in her mind.

Ginny returned the embrace then broke away. “I know, love. Still, it’ll be hard not to see you everyday. Thank Merlin for the bond.”

She cupped his cheek with her hand and ran her thumb over it. Harry closed his eyes and turned his head to kiss her palm, enjoying the shudder that ran through her. He lowered his lips to hers and they shared a passionate kiss for a few moments until a polite cough caused them to break apart.

They looked up and saw James, Rose, Fred, George and Bill smiling at them.

“Come on, firefly,” Bill said, “we better head home before Mum wonders where we are.”

“How are we going home, Bill?” Ron, who was back from saying goodbye to Hermione and her family, asked.

“With Fred and George being of age, they can side-apparate you and I’ll Apparate with Ginny,” Bill said.

“Sure, we will,” Fred and George said, grinning at Ron.

“Um, if you don’t mind, Bill,” Ron said nervously, “Can we go together and these two wankers go with Gin?”

Bill grinned then shrugged, “Okay, have it your way.” The twins just continued grinning, unperturbed by their youngest brother’s apparent mistrust of them.

Harry gave Ginny one last kiss and watched as the five Weasley siblings Apparated from the station.

“Now we,” James said, looking at his son and daughter, “will drive back. I rented a car and parked it last night in the parking lot. Come on, let’s go.”

****************************

Lily surprising took the news that Rose and Ti were dating quite well though she hugged her daughter tightly for a few moments after hearing that. She did take time to give Rose ‘the talk’ that very night, much to Rose’s embarrassment and annoyance.

Ti came over the very next day for a visit. He was a bit unnerved by the curious glances Lily was giving him. Fortunately for him and Rose, Lily had Daisy and Andrew to distract her. The Potter twins were now able to walk more than a few steps and quite capable of getting into all sorts of trouble. To top it off, they seemed to miss their friend, Daniel, making them irritable.

Lily still had to fix the Manor up for Christmas. Fortunately, Harry was willing to spend some time with his younger siblings. This allowed Ti and to slip away to the garden for some privacy.

After lunch, Ron and Ginny came over and the five of them tried to do their animagus exercises under James’ supervision in the Dueling room. Now that Harry and Ginny had been able to fully transform into their tiger forms, they were starting on their magical forms. They found it a bit more difficult than their other form, so much so that they were unable to do more than change their fingernails to claws. The two Weasleys and Ti were forced to head home by five due to a brewing snowstorm.

The snow fell heavily the entire day, keeping them indoors. On Wednesday, Harry and Rose flooed over to the Burrow where they, the four youngest Weasleys and Ti had a great time playing in the snow and skating on the frozen pond behind the Burrow.

The following day, Harry, Rose and James flooed over to the Leaky Cauldron at nine in the morning to visit Diagon Alley for some last minute shopping. They also met Ron, Ginny, Sirius, Sam and Ti at the pub.

It had snowed a bit the previous night, leaving a light blanket of snow on the streets, which was crowded with people who were also doing some last minute shopping.

The Potters and Blacks first went to Gringotts to withdraw some money. As they came into the lobby, they were met by Bill. Ginny and Ron decided to wait in the lobby with their older brother.

Just as the Potters came back to the lobby after their trip to their vault, Harry heard someone calling his name. He turned around and was surprised to see that person.

“Fleur!” he said, embracing the French girl. “What are you doing here?”

“I started working with ze French branch of Gringotts in Paris afzer I finished at Beauxbatons,” Fleur said. “Ze managers zere decided to send me as a liaison with the main branch since I have been in England before. So, cheri, where iz your ozer half?”

“Right behind you,” Harry said, smiling. Bill and Ginny had come up behind them, leaving Ron who was talking with Ti, Sirius and Sam.

“Fleur,” Ginny said, “it’s so good to see you.” She and the French girl exchanged an embrace. “So, you’re working here now. Have you met my oldest brother, Bill?”

“As a matter of fact, we have, sort of,” Bill said, grinning.

“We have?” Fleur asked, raising one of her lovely eyebrows.

“Well, we bumped into each other a couple of months ago,” Bill said, still grinning. “You were looking around with such a lovely look of bewilderment that you walked backward into me, knocking the pile of folders I was carrying all over the floor.”

“Oh, zat was you?” Fleur asked, blushing while raising a hand to her mouth. “Pardon moi. It was mi primiere day here. I was so distracted zince zis building iz more magnifique than the one in Parie.”

“That’s all right,” Bill said. “I wanted to look for you but I got swamped with work since then.” He looked directly into her eyes and they just stood there staring at each other.

Harry and Ginny looked at each other.

“They’re smitten with each other,” Harry said in her mind, sounding amused.

“Just don’t laugh, Harry,” Ginny said. “I think it’s cute. I never thought I’d see Bill so mesmerized by a girl like that. Remember all the girls he used to bring home when he was at Hogwarts?”

Harry groaned inwardly. “Do I ever,” Harry said. “All of them were what the Americans would call dumb blondes. Well, Fleur may be blonde but she’s a lot better than any of them.”

“Let’s leave them alone, Harry,”
Ginny said, stepping backward. “It’s a good thing the twins aren’t here. They’d enjoy taking the mickey out of Bill over this.”

“Right,”
Harry said, "We’ll be going on our way, Bill. Thanks for waiting for us.”

“Yeah,” Bill said, not taking his eyes of Fleur. “You’re welcome.”

Harry and Ginny moved back with the others.

“What was that about?” Ron asked. “Was that Fleur Delacour?”

“Yeah,” Harry said. “She’s working here now, as a liaison between the English and French branches of Gringotts. We just introduced her to Bill.”

“What the bloody hell are they doing?” Ron asked, looking now at the pair standing there. “Having a staring contest? Can’t stand each other already?”

“Oh, quite the opposite, Ron,” Harry said. “Anyway, we better get out of here. We still need to do some shopping.” He pulled a protesting Ron out the front doors and down the stairs to the street level of the Alley.

Ron needed help finding a gift for Hermione and Harry and Ginny agreed to help him. So he, Harry and Ginny went off separately from Rose, Ti, James, Sirius and Sam. They agreed to meet at twelve at the Leaky Cauldron to get lunch somewhere else in Muggle London.

Ron, Harry and Ginny visited several stores without finding something for Hermione. Ron looked toward Flourish and Blotts but Harry and Ginny immediately vetoed giving Hermione another book after the disaster of her birthday.

They entered a perfume shop called Scents to Enchant where Ron spent half an hour before settling on one, much to the relief of Mrs. Bleakly, the shop owner. Harry could tell that Ginny was skeptical about the perfume Ron had picked but she didn’t say anything. Ron asked to shop assistant wrap the bottle.

Just as Ron picked up the wrapped parcel, there was a large explosion that shook the shop and broke the windows. This was followed by several smaller ones. Harry ran to the window of the shop, heedless of the broken glass on the floor. He carefully peaked outside the shop but ducked back in quickly.

He had seen several Death Eaters down the street, casting spells at the shops around them. Smoke was filling the area behind them. The crowd of shoppers had melted away though several bodies and a lot of rubble littered the street. The snow was stained red around the bodies.

“We’ve got to get out of here,” Harry said. “They might start searching the stores for people to attack.”

He turned to Mrs. Bleakly and her assistant who were cowering behind the counter. “You’ve better get out too,” he told them.

“How?” Mrs. Bleakly asked, fear clearly shining in her eyes and on her face. “They might curse us the second we step outside.”

“I’ll cast a Disillusionment charm on the two of you,” Harry said. “They won’t notice you if you keep quiet and move quickly.”

Harry did the spells over the two women then moved to the door. He slowly opened it and peaked out. The Death Eaters were not looking in their direction. He waved the women forward. He couldn’t see them very well but felt them pass him.

He was about to turn away when one of the pieces of rubble on the ground moved with an audible crack. He then heard one of the Death Eaters say “Hey, what was that?” It seemed one of the women had tripped on the rubble.

“Bugger!” Harry swore softly. He lowered himself to the ground then peeked around the open door. Sure enough, three of the Death Eaters were coming down the street toward them.

“Harry,” Ginny said in his mind, “surely you aren’t thinking about going out there now?”

“I have to, Gin,”
Harry said. “They’ll see them and either curse or kill them. They might see us too. Someone has to distract them.”

“Oh no,”
Ginny said. “I’m going with you. Remember, our magic is stronger together.”

“No, Gin!”
Harry said. “I’ll distract them then you and Ron can get away.”

“There!” One of the approaching Death Eaters cried. “I saw something running down the street, probably someone under a Disillusionment charm.”

“Damn!” Harry said. He immediately ran out toward the Death Eaters, ignoring Ginny’s cry.

“Petrificus Totalis!” he cried, pointing his wand at one of the Death Eaters. He immediately tracked the other two. “Expelliarmus! Incarcerous!”

The first Death Eater dropped to the ground, stiff as a board. The second lost his wand but the third managed to raise a shield and Harry’s third spell was deflected.

Harry dove to the ground as the third Death Eater sent a spell at him. The red light flew over his head. Looking up, he saw that several more Death Eaters were running his way.

Bloody hell, he thought. It looked like he was in trouble.

*******

Ti and Rose walked up the street, looking in the different shops, having managed to leave James, Sirius and Sam behind in the crowd. Ti was feeling happy, walking around with his girlfriend. He couldn’t believe how good it felt to be with Rose over the past month, spending time in the broom cupboards snogging.

Snogging was brilliant, he thought. It was especially wonderful yesterday when, for the first time, Rose ran her tongue in his mouth. The tingles it sent through him were something he’d never felt before. He couldn’t wait to do it again.

Ti looked around and noticed that the crowd was thinner here. He spotted the entrance to a side alley that was partly dark. Smirking, he tugged on Rose’s arm to catch her attention from the window she was looking at.

She turned to him and asked, “What is it?”

“Let’s go over there,” he said to her nodding his head in the direction of the alley. “We’ll have some privacy there.”

She looked at the alley. Suddenly, she stiffened and let out a gasp.

Ti moved closer and placed his arms on her shoulders. “Rose, are you okay?”

Rose looked at him and blinked, “Yeah, yeah. I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?” Ti asked. “Is something wrong?”

She shook her head, “It’s nothing. Come on; let’s find that privacy you wanted.” She took hold of one of his hands and pulled him toward the alley.

When they got to it, Ti looked around to make sure no one noticed them then led her further down the narrow passageway. As soon as they stepped into the shadows, Ti wrapped his arms around Rose and kissed her. Rose leaned into the kiss and placed her arms around Ti’s neck. Ti slowly backed them up until Rose was against the wall.

After an unknown amount of time, they had to break off or collapse from lack of oxygen. Breathing heavily, they touched foreheads, grinning.

“Well, well, what have we here?” they heard a female voice ask from behind them, its tone both cold and amused.

They turned around. Standing there at the edge of the alley were three hooded figures, their wands pointed at them.

Suddenly, a large explosion was heard down the street.

“What was that?” Ti asked, looking momentarily in the direction of the street.

“Don’t concern yourselves with that right now,” the female voice said. Ti and Rose noted it was coming from the one in the middle. “You should be concerned with us right now.”

“Don’t come any closer,” Ti said as he moved to stand in front of Rose. His hands went to his back pocket where his wand was.

“My, my, you really are a Gryffindor,” the woman said, derision evident in her tone. “A pity considering you look so much like your father did at your age. He was so disappointed in you.”

“How do you know that?” Ti asked. “Who are you?”

The woman dropped her hood. Her face looked aristocratic and would have been considered beautiful if not for the gaunt appearance and the wild look in her eyes.

More explosions could be heard beyond the entrance to the alley, along with screams and sound of running.

“Oh, you’ve never met me,” the woman said, “since I was imprisoned in Azkaban before you were born. A couple of years ago, we’d have been family but then your father disowned you, and rightfully so, for the disgrace of being placed in Gryffindor just like my dear cousin, Sirius.”

Ti’s eyes widened, “Aunt Bella?”

“Don’t you dare call me that!” the woman screamed, pointing her wand at him. “You are no nephew of mine! Crucio!

Ti fell to the floor, writhing in more pain than he had ever felt. Even his father had never used an Unforgivable on him.

“Stop it!” Rose cried, looking on in horror. “Please stop it.”

Bellatrix ignored her as her nephew began to scream. After a few seconds of hearing him scream, she started laughing maniacally. The two wizards behind her joined in the laughter.

Rose broke out of her horror at the sound of their laughter. She swiftly pulled her wand out and cried, “Stupefy!

Bellatrix had to lift the curse so she could dodge the spell which hit one of the men behind her, knocking him unconscious. “Well, well, the little girl wants to play,” she said. “Expelliarmus!”

Protego!” Rose cried, raising a shield that just managed to block the spell.

Stupefy!” the other man cried.

Petrificus Totalis!” Bellatrix cried at the same time.

The man’s spell shattered Rose’s shield. Rose tried to dodge the other spell but Bellatrix had aimed correctly and Rose fell to the ground, stiff as a board. Meanwhile, Ti was still recovering from the effects of the Cruciatus and could barely move.

“Now, who are you, little girl?” Bellatrix asked. “That shade of red hair is familiar. And your face, it reminds me of someone.” She studied Rose’s frozen form as her companion revived their fallen comrade.

Even if he was on the ground and still feeling the effects of the Cruciatus, Ti managed to slowly draw his wand. For the moment, he held it partly hidden to his side.

“Oh, now I know who you are,” Bellatrix said, grinning madly. “You’re the Potter girl. You bear a good resemblance to your mother.” She looked at Ti. “That’s another disappointment from you, boy, picking a filthy half-blood as a girlfriend, especially the sister of the so-called Boy-Who-Lived, the foolish boy who thinks he can fight the Dark Lord. It’s a pity he isn’t here. I’d like to show him the error of his thinking. Still you’ll have to do.” She pointed her wand at Rose. “Finite Incantatum.” Before Rose could recover from the lifting of the Petrification hex, Bellatrix said, “Crucio!

The alley filled with Rose’s screams as Bellatrix held the curse on her for several minutes. She and the men laughed.

While they were distracted, Ti finally managed to pull himself to a sitting position. He pointed his wand at Bellatrix and cried, “Expelliarmus!"

Unfortunately, the man beside her yelled out,“Protego!” which created a shield in front of Bellatrix. “How dare you hex my wife, you brat!” he said. He cast a cutting charm at Ti who just managed to raise his own shield.

Bellatrix smirked as she lifted the curse from Rose. “Now, I think we should send your brother a message,” she said, her wand still pointed at Rose, “Avada…”



A/N: Sorry for the cliffie but I thought it a good way to end the chapter. I hope to have the next chapter up in another week. Meanwhile, please review and tell me what you think of this one, especially how I wrote Bellatrix. Sorry about Fleur's French but I never really learned the language and just used a French-English dictionary for it.

Reviews 668
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear