Search:

SIYE Time:8:49 on 19th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophesized Six
By bengpotter31

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Neville Longbottom, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 668
Summary: This is the sequel to my previous story, Harry Potter and the Twists of Fate, starting off a few hours after the last chapter. Harry and his friends are now aware of the part they will play in the coming war. Can their friendship and love hold them together or will they allow jealousy and uncertainty to pull them apart, allowing Voldemort to win?
Hitcount: Story Total: 328115; Chapter Total: 6479





Author's Notes:
Here's the next chapter. Sorry for the wait but it took my beta a while to get it back to me. Hope you like the chapter.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 17: Christmas holidays, Part II

After reluctantly watching Harry, Ginny and Ron go off together; James looked around Diagon Alley with growing unease. He was worried, very worried. Just like any other Christmas season over the past fourteen years, the streets were teeming with shoppers. Yet, he had seen only a half dozen Aurors since he and his two eldest children had arrived.

What was the Ministry thinking?, he thought. This place was a highly vulnerable target, just like it was seventeen years ago, leading to what the Prophet had called the Diagon Alley Christmas Eve massacre.

James had been in his first year of Auror training when Voldemort had launched a massive attack on the Wizarding shopping area the day before Christmas. By the time the Aurors had arrived, the attack was over. The streets were littered with bodies and rubble. More than two hundred men, women and children had died in the attack and scores more injured. It had taken several months to clear the rubble and rebuild the numerous damaged stores. Even then, the Alley had been devoid of the usual crowds until after Harry’s first defeat of Voldemort two years later. Now, the Ministry seemed to have forgotten that gruesome massacre in the Alley. James had a feeling that it could happen again.

He sighed as he looked through the window of the Magical Menagerie. He was wondering if Daisy and Andrew were still too young for a kitten or puppy when he heard the first huge explosion. Instantly drawing his wand, he looked in the direction of the explosion. Thick smoke and flames were coming out of one of the shops ahead. Already, he could see the light from several spells ahead of them and the crowd was starting to panic.

He glanced around for his companions. He was dismayed to see only Sirius and Sam standing with him. Somehow, Ti and Rose had slipped away from them. Then he thought of Harry. If this was a Death Eater attack, he knew his son wouldn’t waste a second thought about fighting them.

Cursing under his breath, he turned to Sirius. “Padfoot, you and Sam look for Rose and Ti. They must be somewhere nearby. I placed a tracking charm on Rose before we left the Manor.” The charm was taught to all Aurors and gave the direction of the one being tracked along with the distance from the tracker.

He waved his wand and said, “Aperio Semita Rose.” He looked at the fiery SE and 50 that appeared in the air in front of them. “She’s about 50 feet to the southeast. I’m sure Ti’s with her. Get them back to the Manor. I’ll find Harry and Ginny. I have to get them out of here before Harry gets drawn into a fight he isn’t ready for yet.”

“All right, Prongs,” Sirius said, taking a hold of his wife’s hand. “We’ll meet you there.”

James watched Sirius and Sam go back the way they had come then moved to the side of the street, keeping to the shadows. He hoped the Aurors would get here soon before there was another Christmas massacre. Luckily, he had also placed a tracking charm on Harry.

Aperio Semita Harry,” James said again. A fiery N and 300 appeared in front of him so Harry was due north and three hundred feet from him. Unfortunately, it was also the direction the panicking crowd was coming from and where he could see multiple flashes of light. Nodding grimly, James set off in that direction, trying to avoid the running people and keep to the shadows.

*******

Harry rolled to his left and cried “Impedimenta!” as he pointed his wand at one of the Death Eaters, causing him to slow down. “Expelliarmus!” caused another to be thrown backward, loosing his wand in the process. He jumped to his feet and dove to the right behind some boxes. Two red lights hit the spot he had been in. Then someone dropped down beside him. He knew immediately who it was and she wasn’t happy.

“Harry James Potter!” Ginny said in his mind, “Sometimes you can be an idiot, a brave idiot but an idiot nonetheless.”

“But you love me anyway,”
Harry shot back at her as he peered around the boxes and started casting spells at their opponents.

“Yeah, yeah,” Ginny said, “but that doesn’t mean I won’t be scared when you do stuff like this.”

“Where’s Ron?”
Harry asked.

“I cast a Disillusionment charm on him and sent him to find help,” Ginny said before she cast a Blasting hex that hurled one of the Death Eaters away.

“Good thinking,” Harry said. “I hope he finds Dad and Sirius or some Aurors soon.” He cast another stunning spell at their opponents, causing the man to fall unconscious.

Their opponents were also behind boxes and other things, peering around to fire spells at them like they were doing. Because there were more of them, Harry and Ginny’s cover was slowly being blasted away. They were also reviving their stunned cohorts.

“Harry,” Ginny said, “I think we should hold hands.”

“What? Now?” Harry asked intelligently.

“So we can combine our magic, Harry!” Ginny said, clearly exasperated.

“Oh, right,” Harry said, blushing as he grasped her hand.

“All right, Gin,” Harry said, taking a quick peek around their cover, a red light just missing his head. “They’re now bunched into two groups, one on each side. We’ll pop out, you cast a Reducto on the street in front of the ones on the left and I’ll get the ones on the right.”

Ginny nodded, “Okay, Harry.”

“On three then,”
Harry said, “One….two….three!”

They jumped up and cast their spells. Their spells exploded the ground in front of the two groups of Death Eaters. They were knocked several feet away with most of them barely moving.

Unfortunately, several more Death Eaters were running toward them, forcing them to duck back down behind their cover. Harry took another quick peek around the boxes.

“Bloody hell,” he cursed softly. “There are more of them now and they’re spread out so a single Reducto can’t get more than a couple of them at a time. We really need that help.”

They continued to alternately duck out behind the boxes and cast spells at their opponents. Harry started using some of the Auror combat spells his father had taught him, like bludgeoning and cutting hexes. Even then, they seemed to be slowly losing ground. Then, the boxes in front of them exploded, throwing them backwards.

Harry found himself stretched out in the street, his ears ringing and something wet dripping down the side of his face. His glasses had been knocked partly off his face so he could barely see in front of him. He audibly gasped when he saw the red head lying beside him, dread filling him. Fortunately, through their bond, he felt that she was alive but unconscious. Taking one of her hands in his, he reached into her mind, “Ginny? Please wake up. We have to get out of here.

Ginny groaned, both verbally and mentally, “Harry? What happened?”

“Don’t move!” a voice harshly said behind him.

Harry turned and saw three Death Eaters ten feet behind them, their wands out though only one had his pointed at them.

“It’s the Potter kid,” another of the men said, pointing his finger at Harry. “I can see his scar. Let’s bring him in. The master will reward us handsomely.”

“What of the girl?” the third man asked.

“Let’s bring her too,” the first man said. “I’m sure the master won’t mind if she’s the reward we want for bringing him Potter.”

The three men laughed harshly. Harry felt his anger rising exponentially on hearing that. He moved to block their view of Ginny.

“Leave her alone,” he told the men. “I’ll come quietly with you if you let her stay.”

“I don’t think you’re in a position to bargain with us, boy,” the second man said. “Stand up! Keep your hands where we can see them.”

“Harry, no!” Ginny said in his mind. “Don’t you dare leave me!”

“I can’t let them take you too, Gin,”
Harry said as he stood up.

“There’s a better way, Harry,” Ginny said. “Let’s change into our animagus forms. It should shock them long enough for us to take care of them.”

Harry cursed silently. He’d hoped to keep that a secret for a long while but now could see no other option. “All right, Gin. I’ll change first and knock the one with the wand down. You go for the second on as soon as you change.”

“Walk towards us, Potter, away from the girl,” the first man said.

Harry took a step toward them then reached inside his magic and willed himself to change into his tiger form which took only a second. As soon as he was fully transformed, he charged the first Death Eater and pounced on him, knocking him to the ground. The man’s scream had been cut off when his head hit the ground with a large crack.

He felt Ginny change through their bond and charge another of the Death Eaters. Harry turned to the third Death Eater. The man was shakily pointing his wand at them, his eyes wide with fear.

“D-d-don’t come near me!” he shouted at them as he backed away. Just then, a red light hit the man and he dropped to the ground, stunned.

Harry looked in the direction the spell had come from and was relieved to see his father running up to them with Ron beside him. James had a cut on his cheek while Ron’s hair and robes were disheveled.

Harry turned towards Ginny and found her sitting on top of the Death Eater she had attacked, pinning him to the ground. Harry changed back to his human form and stunned the man.

Ginny changed back to herself and immediately ran up to him, wrapping her arms around him and laying her head against his chest. Harry was surprised to feel his shirt getting wet and realized that she was crying.

“Shhh,” he said, stroking her hair. “It’s all right. It’s over.”

“I almost lost you, Harry,”
Ginny said in his mind. “Tom would have killed you if you had gone with them.”

“Are you two all right?” James asked as he and Ron came up to them.

“We’re just a bit bruised, Dad,” Harry said as he continued to hold Ginny tightly, sending soothing feelings to her mind. “No major damage though we had a bit of a scare.”

Ron looked at them with concern, “What’s with Ginny, Harry?”

“One of those three recognized me, Ron,” Harry said, nodding his head at the three nearby Death Eaters. “They wanted to take me to Voldemort. Ginny realized he’d have killed me once he got his scaly hands on me.”

Ron’s eyes widened. “The bloody bastards!” he said. He kicked the nearest man who happened to be the one Ginny had been sitting on as a tiger.

“Are you all right, Dad?” Harry asked James as he continued to hold on to Ginny.

“I’ve been better, son,” James answered. “I had to down a few Death Eaters to get here. It’s a good thing Ron was nearby. Two of them had me pinned down in a doorway. He came up and stunned one immediately and helped me disable the other.”

Ron blushed from the praise he received from the older Potter but kept silent.

Ginny pulled back from Harry to grin at her brother. “Well done, Ron. I think Hermione would be proud when she hears about that.” Ron turned even more red, if that was possible for a Weasley.

Then, they heard the sound of running feet headed in their direction. Harry moved Ginny so she was behind him and faced in that direction with his wand out. His father and Ron also faced that way. They all relaxed a little when several men and women in Auror robes came around the corner.

One of the Aurors seemed to recognize James. “Potter, what the devil happened here?”

“What do you think it looks like, Scrimgeour?” James asked angrily, sweeping a hand around at the scene, “A country fair? You of all people should know a Death Eater attack when you see one. As I recall, you were one of the first ones on the scene seventeen years ago.”

The man flushed as he surveyed the scene. Bodies and pieces of bodies littered the streets, their blood staining the snow crimson. Several shops were on fire and others were in ruins. It was clear on his face that he realized the truth of what James had said.

“I warned you and the Minister,” James said. “I wouldn’t be surprised if this disaster is worse than the first one.”

“We’ll need a statement from you and those children,” the man said.

“Not right now, Rufus,” James said. “I have to find my daughter and her friend. Come on, kids, we have to go.”

It was then that Harry realized that only his dad and Ron were there. Rose, Ti, Sirius and Sam were not with them. He wondered where they were. He hoped his sister and Ti hadn’t gotten in trouble.

*******

Sirius and Sam struggled to move through the panicked crowd of holiday shoppers. They looked around for a sign of Rose’s flaming red hair and Ti’s bright blonde hair. They saw several blonde boys around but none with a redhead.

“Where could they be?” Sirius said, frustrated.

“Sirius,” Sam shouted to be heard over the noise filling the streets from screams, explosions and spells, “I think you should consider what a boy and girl dating each other would do when they’re alone and where in a crowded place.”

Sirius groaned, “They wouldn’t, would they? Bloody hormonal teenagers….”

Sam smirked, “You were one of those hormonal teenagers a couple of decades ago.”

Sirius glared at his wife for a moment before sighing, “Yeah, you’re right. I did teach him a few things about being with girls. I just never thought he might try those things this early and with James’ eldest daughter. Let’s check a few of the alleys though I doubt they’d be snogging once they heard all this.”

They spent a few minutes checking the nearest alley but found no sign of anyone. As they hurried along the street, they heard someone calling Sirius’ name. Turning around, they were relieved to see Kingsley and Tonks headed for them from the direction of the Leaky Cauldron.

“Sirius,” Tonks said, “Are you guys all right? We heard there was trouble.”

“Yeah,” Sirius, “There was a bunch of explosions over at the Apothecary. I’m pretty sure it was a Death Eater attack.”

“Can you guys help us?” Sam asked, “We were shopping with James, Harry, Ginny, Rose and Ti but the kids got separated from us. James went to find Harry and Ginny and sent us to find Rose and Ti.”

Just then they heard someone screaming, clearly a young male voice. Their eyes widened and the four adults looked around.

Tonks spotted the entrance to another alley. “I think it came from down there. We better check it out.” Just then, the screaming stopped. Then, they saw different colored lights in the alley.

“Someone’s definitely using spells over there,” Kingsley said, holding his wand out in front of him.

Sirius turned to Sam, “You stay here while we check it out.”

“I will not!” Sam said. “Whoever it is may be hurt. You may need me.”

Sirius sighed. There was no time to argue. “All right, dear, but I’ll disillusion you first.” He cast the Disillusionment charm over her then the four of them moved toward the alley.

The screams had started again but this time, it seemed to be female. When they got to the alley, they saw three cloaked figures standing just inside the alley in front of two teenagers.

One of the kids, a girl with long red hair was writhing and screaming on the ground, clearly being tortured with the Cruciatus curse by a witch with long black hair. The other kid was a blonde boy sitting on the ground and it looked like he had just cast a shield spell. Sirius knew instantly he had found Rose and Ti.

Sirius then heard a voice he hated, that of his lunatic Death Eater cousin, Bellatrix. “Now, I think we should send your brother a message.” He could feel the menace mixed with glee in her voice. Her next word filled him with dread. Quickly, Sirius pointed his wand at the girl and cried out, “Accio Rose!”

The girl slid out of the path of the Killing curse toward Sirius, bowling over the two wizards behind Bellatrix. Unfortunately, this caused the stunning hexes thrown by Kingsley and Tonks to miss them.

Bellatrix had turned around by then. She glared at him for a moment before turning on the spot and Disapparating. The other two Death Eaters did the same just as another pair of stunners from Kingsley and Tonks hit the spots where they had been standing.

Sirius immediately bent down over Rose to check on her as Sam hurried over to them. Sirius was relieved to find the girl still breathing. Sam whispered an incantation as she ran her wand over her.

“How is she?” Sirius asked.

“Not good,” Sam said, “She’s unconscious and has a dislocated shoulder. She may have deeper injuries. I hope she wasn’t under the curse for a long time. We have to get her to St. Mungo’s as soon as possible. You better check on Ti while I get her ready.”

Sirius swallowed and nodded. He got to his feet and hurried to his adopted son who was being checked out by Tonks.

“I’m all right, Tonks,” Ti protested as Tonks held him at arm’s length, looking him over. “I want to see Rose.” He looked up to see Sirius, “Sirius!”

Sirius hugged him tightly, “Are you really all right? That bitch didn’t harm you, did she?”

Ti shrugged, “She hit me with the Cruciatus for a couple of minutes.”

“That bitch!” Tonks cursed. “How dare she do that to two kids, especially her own nephew?”

Sirius shook his head, “She was always a nutter.” He looked down at Ti who was still in his arms. “Rose is still unconscious. How long was the Cruciatus on her?”

“A few minutes,” Ti said, looking over at Rose’s prone body, “Maybe ten or so. I don’t know really. Is she going to be all right?”

“I don’t know, Ti,” Sirius said. “Sam is going to take her to St. Mungo’s. You’d better go too so they can make sure that bloody curse didn’t do you any permanent harm.” He turned to Tonks. “I’m going with them, Tonks. You find James and the others. Tell them what happened and where we’ll be.”

“Sure thing, Sirius,” Tonks said. “Come on, King. Let’s go.”

“I hope the girl will be all right, Sirius,” Kingsley said, placing a hand on his shoulder as he passed Sirius, “I’d hate to see what James will do if she isn’t.”

“I hope so too, King,” Sirius said. He sighed and gently led Ti to where Sam and Rose where. Sam had conjured a stretcher and had carefully strapped Rose to it. She was still unconscious. As he followed Sam, Ti and Rose, Sirius said under his breath, “One thing’s for sure. I wouldn’t want to be Bella when James catches up to her. I hope someone tells Remus.”

***************************** *

Harry sighed as he looked over at his sleeping sister. Thanks to Sam, they were able to get Rose into a private room at St. Mungo’s. They had managed to put her shoulder back in its socket, though they had to do it the Muggle way, causing her considerable pain though it didn’t wake her up. She also had several bruises on her body which were magically healed by Sam. So far, there seemed to be no other injuries though they couldn’t say anything about her mental state. He, Ron and Ginny had also been healed of the injuries and bruises they got from the attack.

Harry looked out the window to his left at the setting sun, unable to believe that only a few hours ago, he and Ginny had been helping Ron pick out a gift for Hermione. Now, Rose was in the hospital. Sam wasn’t sure when she would awaken.

The room was a bit crowded. Ginny was asleep in his lap as they sat in a chair across from the door. His mum was seated beside Rose on the bed, tears glistening in her eyes as she held Rose’s hand. Sam was in a chair beside the bed, holding to Lily’s other hand. Ron was sitting on another chair beside Harry and Ginny, mostly staring into space but occasionally throwing a glare in Harry’s direction, probably in disapproval of his sister’s current position.

Ti was lying in a cot in one corner near the window, asleep after being given a Dreamless Sleep Potion by Sam. The boy had resisted taking it at first but Sam had insisted he get some rest to get over the effects of the Cruciatus. Harry still couldn’t believe Bellatrix Lestrange had done that to her sister’s son.

James was sitting on a chair in the corridor outside the room, standing watch just in case some Death Eaters tried to attack them. Sirius had gone back to the Ministry to check on the investigation into the attack as well as to try to contact Remus. Harry didn’t know where his werewolf uncle was but assumed he was on some secret mission for the Order. Tonks had dropped by for a few minutes before going back to the Ministry as well.

The other Weasleys (except for Percy who was still estranged from the family) had all come by to visit for a few minutes. Molly had taken Daisy and Andrew with her back to the Burrow, much to the gratitude of the Potters. The Potter twins had been quite distraught at finding their older sister in such a state.

Harry glanced over at the late edition of the Prophet which lay on the table beside the bed, showing pictures of the devastation on Diagon Alley. It said the attack rivaled a similar one called the Diagon Alley Christmastime massacre that happened seventeen years ago. Over two hundred people were dead, including thirty-two children. Ten of those children were Hogwarts students. Thankfully, Harry bitterly thought, they didn’t know any of them.

“Harry,” Ginny said groggily as his dark thoughts penetrated her sleep, “don’t think about it so much.”

“I can’t help it, Gin,”
Harry said. “Voldemort ordered that attack. I just wonder how many more attacks like this he’ll have done before I can finish him off. How many more people will die before I can destroy that monster?”

Ginny snaked her arms around Harry, embracing him tightly. She could feel the anguish rolling through him. “You can’t think about that, Harry. You’re not ready to face him yet and you know it. I know you hate being the only one who has a chance of ending this but that’s the way it is. There’s nothing else you can do but prepare for it as best you can”

“But what if it takes years for me to be ready?”
Harry asked.

“That doesn’t matter,” Ginny answered him, looking up to fix his bright green eyes with hers. “You have to be as ready as you can be so you’ll win and survive. Get this straight, Potter. I don’t want you just to win. I want you to live after winning so we can have a normal life together. Do you hear me? No quick training just enough so you can beat him, even sacrificing yourself to do so. I want you to be so well trained; you’ll blow him away and not give him a chance to take you with him.”

Harry looked down at those chocolate brown eyes with their fierce look and could only nod in agreement.

Just then, he heard the sound of the door opening and looked up to see Neville entering the room. Neville slowly closed the door and walked up to Harry and Ginny.

“I just heard about the attack and what happened to Rose and Ti from my parents,” he said, “Maggie wanted to come but Mum insisted she stay home. I had to argue with them for several minutes before they let me come with Gran. She’s outside talking with your dad.Both my Mum and Dad are at the Ministry now. It’s really mad down there right now because of the attack.” He looked at the sleeping figure on the bed. “How is she?”

Harry shrugged. “She’s been healed physically from the bruises and dislocated shoulder she got from being under the Cruciatus. But we don’t know about her mental state. She’s been unconscious ever since the attack.”

Neville nodded then turned to look at the sleeping Ti. “Is Ti all right? I heard he was also tortured with the Cruciatus.”

Harry shrugged again, “He seems to be. I do have my doubts. I know how it is to be under that vile curse. It isn’t easy to get over.” Harry had been tortured twice with the same curse by Voldemort himself at the end of the Triwizard tournament when he had been kidnapped by portkey by Barty Crouch Jr polyjuiced to look like his father, Bartemius Crouch. He had been sore after waking up in Hogwarts’ hospital wing the next day and had some nightmares for days after.

Then they heard a moan from the bed, causing them to quickly move beside it. Another moan came from the girl on the bed and they could see her eyes moving under the eyelids, as if she was trying to wake up.

“Rose?” Lily called gently, “It’s all right, sweetie. You’re safe now. Mum’s here.”

“Mum?” Rose said softly, though she didn’t open her eyes.

“Yes, darling,” Lily said. “I’m here. Come on now, open your eyes. Let me see those lovely brown eyes that are so like your father’s.”

Slowly, Rose opened her eyes and blinked.

Lily took her in her arms and hugged her, “Oh my baby, you’re safe now. Your brother and friends are here.” Lily pulled back, letting Rose see the other people around her bed. Sam, Harry and Ginny all came forward to hug her.

“I’m so glad you’re awake, sis,” Harry said after he pulled back from embracing her. “We were so worried.”

“Yeah,” Ginny said as she took her turn embracing Rose, “We were. Now, we’re so happy you’re back with us.”

Then Rose saw Neville behind Harry. “You’re here,” she whispered. They stared at each other for a second. To everyone’s surprise, she blushed and so did Neville. Before anyone could say anything, Rose turned away from Neville and asked, “Where’s Ti?”

“Here I am,” Ti said, getting off the cot after Ron had shaken him awake and moved up to hug her. “I’m so glad you’re awake, Rose. I’m so sorry I couldn’t stop Aunt Bella from hurting you.” Tears were falling from his eyes as he tightened his embrace.

Rose returned his embrace. “That’s okay, Ti. She got you first. You could barely move after I got her to stop. I was so scared she’d kill you.”

“You’re both safe now,” Sam said. She looked at the five other teens. “I’m sorry but I have to ask the five of you to leave for a bit while I examine Rose. I want to make sure she isn’t suffering from any residual effects of the Cruciatus.”

Harry, Ginny, Ron, Ti and Neville left the room. They found James and Mrs. Augusta Longbottom chatting outside the room. Neville’s grandmother was in her usual attire including the vulture topped hat.

“Rose is awake, Dad,” Harry informed James. “Sam’s checking her out now.”

“I’d better get in there,” James said. He turned to Mrs. Longbottom. “Thank you again, ma’am, for your support and good wishes.”

“Posh,” the elderly witch said. “I’ve known you since you and Frank attended Hogwarts, James Potter. I knew your parents too. I could never believe the Potters would become Dark.”

James gave her a brilliant smile before entering Rose’s room.

Augusta looked at the three children standing beside her grandson. “Are you three all right? I heard from my son that you had to fight some of those Death Eaters. What is the Ministry coming to, if children have to do the fighting instead of Aurors? Mark my words, after this disaster, Fudge’s days are numbered. That man really needs to be replaced by someone who will protect the people with effective methods, not like that rubbish of a pamphlet they put out.” She sighed, “How I hate politics. We’d better go, Neville. Your mother is going on duty in an hour and she wants us to be with Maggie.”

“Um, Mrs. Longbottom,” Harry said.

“Yes?” Augusta asked.

“It’s just that, uh, we invited Neville, Maggie and their parents to Potter Manor for lunch on Christmas Day,” Harry said. “I was wondering if you’d like to join us as well. I’m sorry we didn’t think of including you in our invitation earlier.”

Augusta smiled, “I’d be delighted to come. I haven’t seen Potter Manor since your grandparents passed away. We’ll all be there, right, Neville?”

Neville grinned, “Right, Gran. And don’t you worry. Potter Manor is probably as well protected as Hogwarts.” The two Longbottoms then bid them goodbye and left.

***************************

Sam pronounced Rose to be fully healed but insisted that she stay the night at St. Mungo’s, much to her annoyance. James remained at his guard post in front of Rose’s door, this time joined by Sirius and Remus who had arrived an hour after Neville and his gran had left. Remus was quite relieved to see his goddaughter safe. He completely agreed with James about hunting down Bellatrix but Lily firmly told them to drop the idea and leave it to the Aurors.

Sirius made a protesting Ti go back to Grimmauld Place with Sam, saying it wasn’t safe enough at the wizarding hospital. James also sent Harry and Ginny to the Burrow for the night. The two soul mates updated everyone there about Rose’s condition and spent most of the night entertaining Daisy and Andrew.

Ginny found out from Bill that several Death Eaters had tried to force their way into Gringotts during the attack. He and Fleur had been among the defenders that had repelled the assault. Fleur had looked so fierce and beautiful as she sent spell after spell at the Death Eaters that Bill had asked her out for a date. Unfortunately, Fleur was spending the week from Christmas to New Year with her family in France. So, they had set their first date for the first weekend of the coming year. Ginny and Harry secretly exchanged amused glances at the bemused look on Bill’s face as he narrated that episode.

The next day, which was Christmas Eve Day, started off badly. While Harry, his twin siblings and the Weasleys were finishing with breakfast in the Burrow’s kitchen, an unknown owl dropped a wrapped present on the table in front of Molly. It was Molly’s gift to Percy. He had sent it back unopened which outraged Ginny and her other brothers and caused Molly to run up to the master bedroom in tears.

While Arthur went up to console his wife, Harry did his best to calm his furious soulmate. With Bill’s help, he managed to convince her, Ron, Fred and George that going off to find Percy so they could hex him into the next century would only upset their mother more.

One good thing that happened was that Rose was discharged from the hospital and brought straight home to Potter Manor later that morning. It took a bit of magic for them to avoid the reporters that were swarming around the hospital. It seemed that somehow, the news that the daughter of James Potter had been among the victims of the attack on Diagon Alley had been leaked to the press. Sam had vowed to find the person responsible for that breach of medical etiquette and tear him/her a new asshole. Much to Rose’s irritation, Lily confined her to the house and ordered her to avoid any strenuous activity, especially flying.

Fortunately, Ti came over to spend time with her and they spent most of the day playing with Daisy and Andrew. Unfortunately, he seemed to constantly hover at her side, even helping her get up from the floor without asking her if she needed help, which was starting to irritate her. It didn’t help that she could see Harry, Ginny and Ron outside in the garden, pelting each other with snowballs and making snowmen.

At Molly’s insistence, the Christmas Eve dinner was moved from the Burrow to Potter Manor. Molly simply brought the food she had been preparing over to the Manor’s kitchen. The Weasleys, Potters and Blacks had dinner in the Manor’s garden where Blinky and the other house elves had set up one long table.

The adults, including Bill and Charlie, sat along one half of the table while the under aged kids sat at the other half. In spite of the previous day’s events and that morning’s unfortunate event, the conversation at the table was relatively light. The food on the table included three large roast chickens, a rack of lamb chops, roast beef and steak and kidney pie.

Somehow, Fred and George had heard about Bill’s encounter with Fleur Delacour and gleefully teased him about falling under a Veela’s spell, much to the Weasley curse-breaker’s consternation. Molly eyed her eldest son balefully, reminding everyone about the comments she often made about the girls Bill had brought home during his time at Hogwarts.

Amused over Molly’s concern, James assured the Weasley matriarch that Fleur was definitely smarter and more capable a witch that all those girls. Even then, it seemed to bother her that Bill had found a foreigner more interesting than a good English girl.

The good mood around the table was shattered when Rose suddenly screamed, “Will you stop it, Ti? I can reach for my own bloody pumpkin juice!”

Everyone turned their attention to the sight of a red faced Rose glaring at a highly embarrassed Ti.

“Rose, what’s wrong?” Lily asked. “Why are you angry at Ti?”

Rose looked up to the sky for a moment and sighed. She turned to look at her mother. “Sorry, Mum. It’s just that I’ve been treated like an invalid all day. First, you make me stay indoors then Ti here feels the need to lend me a hand every step I take. Now, he won’t even let me reach for something I want! It’s just frustrating. So I was under the bloody Cruciatus for a few minutes. It was only a few frigging minutes! I had a good night’s rest. I don’t feel any residual soreness or pain. So I don’t need to be helped with every little thing like I’m going to collapse with a little exertion.”

After a few seconds of dead silence, Lily said, “Alright then, dear. So you’re really saying that you’re all recovered from that?”

“Yes!” Rose said. “I’m quite all right now.”

“Fine,” Lily said, “but I think you owe Ti an apology. He was just concerned for you.”

Rose sighed and nodded. She turned to Ti and placed a hand on top of one of his. “I’m sorry, Ti, for blowing up at you. I know you just wanted to help me but please, just ask me next time if I need help before you do something for me. Okay?”

Ti grinned sheepishly at her then nodded. “I’m sorry too for just assuming that you needed help, Rose.”

“Okay, I forgive you,” Rose said, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

The silence after that lasted about a few seconds since Fred said, grinning cheekily, “Now that the drama is over…..”

“Can we go on eating?” George finished, also grinning the same way.

“Fred and George Weasley!” Molly exclaimed, “How can the two of you be so insensitive?”

They shrugged their shoulders still grinning. Molly just shook her head as everyone resumed eating and conversation returned to lighter matters. Harry could see that she was still a bit upset over Percy. No one spoke about his absence, having been informed by Arthur earlier. Harry hoped the ambitious git would one day see how wrong he was and return to his family.

After dessert, which consisted of spotted dick, chocolate cake, apple pie and a large treacle tart, the Weasley twins again treated the combined families to a display of fireworks. Harry noticed several new patterns in the display including one of a firebreathing dragon chasing Minister Fudge that drew laughter from almost everyone.

After the fireworks, most of the adults made their farewells, including Sam who was feeling more tired due to her pregnancy. The kids stayed behind a little longer to talk quietly about their dueling training and animagus practice. They decided to resume both after Boxing Day.

When the non-Potters decided to leave just before midnight, the Weasley twins lit off one last rocket. The pattern showed another dragon chasing what appeared to be Percy. This drew another wave of laughter and made the Weasley siblings feel much better as they said goodbye to Harry and Rose. Ti and Ginny lingered a bit to give their respective girl/boyfriend a very sweet goodbye kiss just before using the Floo.

The next day, Christmas Day, Remus Lupin, the Weasleys and Blacks again came over to Potter Manor for lunch which they had in the formal dining room. This time, they were joined by Tonks, her parents and the Longbottoms.

Neville’s gran, who was also there, was very gracious during the whole meal, so very unlike the initimidating woman from Neville’s stories, laughing and smiling a lot.

Neville jokingly said to Harry that they should invite his Gran to Potter Manor more often since this was the most cheerful she had been for a very long time. Harry grinned and said that he’d be sure to include her in any future invitation to the Longbottoms.

Harry got to know more about Tonks’ parents. He found out that it was from her dad that Tonks had inherited her clumsiness, though Ted Tonks didn’t trip as often as his daughter. He also discovered that Andromeda was just as laid back and full of life as Sirius. As they ate, Andromeda told several stories about her initial encounters with Muggle appliances after her wedding to her husband that had them all in stitches.

After lunch, the Potters and their guests moved to the garden to relax. Fred and George got Maggie, Ron, Rose, Ti and Neville into a game of aerial tag on brooms. Harry and Ginny decided to sit it out and just enjoy some time together.

As he sat on one of the lounge chairs with Ginny on his lap, Harry became very interested in the subtle looks Tonks and Remus were giving each other when the other’s attention was elsewhere, an activity they had been doing since both had arrived within seconds of each other in the Floo. Of course, initially, Ginny had needed to point this out to Harry.

“Do you really think it means they like each other?” Harry asked Ginny. “I’ve never seen Uncle Remus interested in a girl before.”

“Oh, I definitely think they do,”
Ginny said.

At the moment, Tonks was showing off her metamorphmagus skills to Daisy and Andrew by changing her nose’s shape and hair color. The two toddlers were laughing and clapping their hands in glee.

Harry noticed that Remus seemed to be in a conversation with his dad and Sirius though his gaze was fixed on the female Auror who was dressed in a garish set of pink robes. As he and Ginny watched, Tonks looked up from the toddlers and met Remus’ gaze. She smiled and licked her lips. The werewolf went pink and turned away from her. Harry saw a smirk form on Tonks’ face before she turned her attention back to her young audience.

“Did you see that?” Harry asked Ginny. “What was that all about?”

Ginny sighed mentally and shook her head. “You’re such a boy sometimes, Harry. It’s a good thing you’re bonded with me, Potter. Otherwise, I don’t see how you’ll be able to find a girl.”

“Hey!”
Harry said, looking indignantly at her, “What does that mean?”

“Never mind, love,”
Ginny said, kissing him briefly on the lips, “That’s just one quality about you I love. Anyway, it appears that Tonks is aware of our dear Uncle Remus’ voyeurish tendencies and is teasing him. That definitely proves she’s interested in him. I just hope she doesn’t have to make the first move.”

“Why would she have to?”
Harry asked her.

“Harry, like you said a while ago, Uncle Remus has never seemed interested in a girl before. Maybe we just haven’t seen him looking before. I think he’s scared about his furry little problem.”

“But why should he? He’s been around us for years and never been a danger to us.”


Ginny shrugged her shoulders, “I don’t know, Harry. But it’s a problem Tonks will probably have to deal with if she’s interested in being with him.”

Harry shook his head, wondering how other people could deal with problems that came with finding someone to be with. He squeezed Ginny’s hand, thankful to God or whatever Higher Powers decided the fate of mortals that he had already found the one he wanted to be with for all time. Ginny gazed into his eyes as she caught that thought and gave him a dazzling smile. She leaned over to capture his lips with hers; causing Harry to forget about Tonks and Remus and concentrate on the girl in his arms, which to him was quite a pleasant way to spend Christmas Day.

A/N: The spell that James used to locate his kids is my own invention. The translation goes Aperio — To reveal, Semita — track, so it means Reveal tracking of (name). Thanks for reading. Please review.

Reviews 668
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear