Search:

SIYE Time:16:13 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophesized Six
By bengpotter31

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Neville Longbottom, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 668
Summary: This is the sequel to my previous story, Harry Potter and the Twists of Fate, starting off a few hours after the last chapter. Harry and his friends are now aware of the part they will play in the coming war. Can their friendship and love hold them together or will they allow jealousy and uncertainty to pull them apart, allowing Voldemort to win?
Hitcount: Story Total: 327470; Chapter Total: 6013





Author's Notes:
Here’s the next one, almost on time. I hope you guys remain patient with me. I’m trying to post every two weeks but unfortunately, I have less time to write than I used to. Just be assured that this story will go on until it is done, maybe another 30 to 40 chapters more. Please read and review.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 32: Seer Success

As the clock in the office of the Minister of Magic chimed the hour, James looked up from the papers he was reading to check the time: Eleven p.m. He fidgeted in his chair and grimaced as he turned his attention to the papers on his desk.

He never realized how much paperwork the Minister had to contend with. It was one of the things that almost made him regret agreeing to Dumbledore’s proposal to run for Minister of Magic. Fortunately, most of it was efficiently dealt with by his personal secretary and assistant: Percy Weasley, who was formerly Fudge’s secretary and assistant.

James had initially thought of dismissing Percy from his job but Dumbledore had confided in him a secret no one knew, not even Arthur Weasley. Percy had had a change of heart after the devastating Christmas attack on Diagon Alley. His eyes had been opened to the stupidity of Fudge and his regime. Knowing that his family would not easily forgive him for blindly following Fudge and distancing himself from his own family, Percy had turned to the only person he could think of for help — Albus Dumbledore.

Dumbledore had asked Percy to remain in his position as secretary to Fudge and secretly inducted him into the Order of the Phoenix. Percy had spied on Fudge for the Order, providing valuable information that allowed Dumbledore to counter a few dangerous policies Fudge had wanted to pass like stricter laws on werewolves which would have further alienated the werewolves from the Ministry.

Percy had initially been nervous about remaining as secretary to the Minister since he had had a big row with James the summer before when he had refused to let James met with Fudge to talk about the pamphlet the Ministry was releasing giving advice on how to deal with Death Eaters, wrong advice as it turned out to be. But his willingness to spy on Fudge impressed James who agreed to give him a chance.

His organizational skills had proven helpful to James. Percy also knew who among the Ministry’s upper ranks were supporters of Fudge and his methods, allowing James to decide how best to proceed with his reform programs. He had already replaced Umbridge as Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement with Rufus Scrimgeour two days before, using the much maligned pamphlet from the previous summer as evidence of her incompetence. He had enjoyed telling that witch that she was being transferred to the Magical Accidents Squad.

It also allowed James to appoint Sirius as Head of the Aurors, much to his friend’s consternation and protest. But James had insisted and gotten his way. It would be good to have someone he trusted implicitly in that position.

Now that Fudge was gone and James was Minister, Percy could emerge from the shadows and try to reconcile with his family. It would not be easy, considering some of the words he had exchanged with his father before he had left the Burrow the summer before. However, James had agreed to help Percy reconcile with his family.

James smiled as he thought of the Weasleys. Their two families had been very good friends for a long time, ever since that horrible Halloween when Voldemort had attacked them. Now, with Harry and Ginny sharing a soul bond, the Potters and Weasleys would be closer than ever to each other.

James glanced once more at the clock. It was now fifteen minutes past eleven. It was the third night since Rose had had her vision of the attack on the village of Lower Covington. After the first night had passed without the vision coming to pass, Dumbledore had extracted the memory of the vision from Rose and shown it to him and Sirius in his pensieve.

James shuddered as he remembered the images of the attack. Even an experienced Auror such as himself would be shocked at the savagery of the attack, especially the rape of that thirteen year old. He wished his daughter had not seen such traumatic scenes but hoped the vision would help them minimize the damage.

He wondered why that village, which was in the Midlands region of England, had been chosen as a target. It had about three dozen families, only four of which were magical. As far as he knew, none of the Muggles knew of the true nature of their magical neighbors. It would be a very rude awakening to them of the existence of magic when the attack happened.

He and Sirius had made a plan to stop the attack once it started. Two Aurors each night were assigned to stake out the village square where Rose had seen the Death Eaters Apparate to. Once the dark wizards and witches had arrived, they would signal Sirius using a mirror just like four mirrors charmed by the original Marauders of Hogwarts to act like a Muggle walkie-talkie with the added benefit of showing the persons using the device. Sirius would then Apparate to the village with a team of Aurors to deal with the attack.

In order to protect the fact that Rose was a seer and the source of their information about the attack, James just told the Aurors on the response and surveillance teams that they had been given an anonymous tip about a possible attack. It was a vague excuse but the other Aurors had accepted it. The name of the village was also withheld until the surveillance team for the night was about to go there. The response teams would only be told the village’s name once the attack was detected.

Having the Aurors waiting for the attack allowed Dumbledore to reassign Order members to watch other villages in case there were multiple attacks on the same night.

A vibrating sensation from one of his robes’ pockets pulled James from his thoughts. He reached into the pocket to pull out one of the Marauder mirrors, as Sirius privately called the devices.

Looking into his mirror, he saw Sirius’ face looking back at him. Sirius was heading a team of Aurors who would Apparate to Lower Covington once the attack was underway.

“Just got the word from Tonks, Prongs,” Sirius said in a low tone. Nymphadora Tonks was one of the Aurors staking out Lower Covington that night. “They’re there, fifteen Death Eaters just Apparated into the village square. We’re going there right now.”

“All right, Sirius,” James said, “Let me know if you run into any trouble. Be careful, Padfoot. I don’t want Sam to be widow and Lizzie to grow up without a father.”

Sirius gave him his trademark grin, “Wouldn’t want that either, Prongs. I’d miss what she can do in bed.”

James shook his head as his best friend deactivated his mirror. Sirius seldom took anything seriously even after all these years. James snorted at that thought. Sirius was seldom serious. Merlin, but that joke was getting old.

James leaned back in his chair as he settled down to wait. He hated waiting, especially if there was some action going on somewhere against Voldemort and his crew. He went over what Sirius had said — Fifteen Death Eaters. That was a lot to attack a small village. Sirius’ team had eight Aurors in it and the stake out team was composed of Tonks and another young Auror, Timothy Smythe. That made ten against fifteen. Not good odds, even with surprise on the side of the Aurors.

Once the surprise was gone, any surviving Death Eaters would strike to kill while the Aurors would only use spells that incapacitated or stunned which put them at a severe disadvantage. The Wizengamot, especially Dumbledore, had so far refused to allow the Aurors to use more powerful spells.

James sighed. There were times when he found his old Headmaster out of touch with reality. Muggle soldiers were allowed to kill in war in self defense. James thought that Aurors should have the same leeway, especially when faced with some of the more insane followers of Voldemort like Bellatrix Lestrange or Fenrir Greyback.

Going over the odds against his Aurors, James came to a decision. He got up and headed to the door of his office. He waved his wand to deactivate a few protection spells he had cast upon entering earlier that evening. Exiting the door led him into the reception room, past Percy’s desk and out the main door of the Minister of Magic’s office. Outside, the two Aurors assigned as his bodyguards looked at him with concern.

“What is it, Minister?” Auror Joseph Peakes asked. He was a tall, blonde-haired and blue-eyed man with ten years in the Auror Corps. James had worked with him before.

“I just got word from Sirius, Joseph,” he replied. “The attack on Lower Covington is underway.”

“Blimey,” the other Auror, Trenton Brooks exclaimed. He was a new recruit, about the same age as Tonks. “It’s really going down.”

“Yes,” James said, “It is, Trent. The problem is that it seems the force with Sirius will be outnumbered. I’m going down there with as many more Aurors as I can get together in the next few minutes.”

“Um, begging your pardon, Minister,” Joseph said, “I don’t think that would be a good idea, at least the part about you going there.”

“And why the bloody hell not?” James asked, annoyed.

“Because you’re the Minister, James,” Joseph countered, crossing his arms across his chest, “It was one thing when you were Head of the Aurors. It’s another thing when you’re the bloody head of the bloody government of the British Wizarding world. You’re not supposed to be exposed to that kind of danger.”

James shrugged and said, “Perhaps you’re right. In any case, Sirius will need all the help he can get. There can’t be more than a couple more Aurors here at the moment.”

Peakes sighed, “All right, all right. We’ll go round up anyone else here then go there.”

The three men left the Minister’s office and headed for the lifts. It was quiet at the Ministry because of the late hour. They quickly boarded a lift which took them to the second floor where the MLE Department was.

Entering the offices of the Auror section, they spotted three Aurors at their desks, probably writing reports.

“Jones, Edwards, Dent,” James said, “You up for a little action?”

The two men and lone woman looked up with surprise at who was asking.

“You bet, Minister,” Harvey Jones answered with a grin. He was another veteran in his thirties who had worked before with James.

The other two Aurors, Wendy Edwards and Gordon Dent, were a bit younger, just in their late twenties but were just as enthusiastic in their response, nodding their heads. It was rumored that the two were romantically involved but James didn’t mind that.

“Good,” James said. “We’re headed to that little village in the Midlands.” He gave them the Apparition coordinates. “Several of your colleagues are presently battling a group of Death Eaters there. Unfortunately, they’re outnumbered. We need to even the odds.” He quickly formulated a plan of attack. “Right, everyone got that? Let’s go.”

A few minutes later, the six of them Apparated to the edge of the woods outside of the village, where they immediately heard the sounds of spells being cast a few feet away. They Disillusioned themselves and started moving forward at a crouch, James in the middle. They could see a few buildings on fire but, luckily, no bodies.

Suddenly, they spotted two cloaked figures crouched in the shadow of a building, occasionally raising their wands to cast spells away from the group of James and the Aurors. James gestured to Edwards, Peakes and Brooks, pointing toward one of the figures then gestured Jones and Dent to the other one.

A second later, three stunners simultaneously hit each Death Eater, knocking them out before they knew that they were in danger. Edwards and Dent then conjured ropes to bind their prisoners. Peakes and Dent then moved slowly to where the Death Eaters had been crouching.

“I don’t see anyone else, Minister,” Peakes said in a very low voice, “I see some spells being cast about fifty yards down the road, to our left. We should move in that direction.”

“All right,” James said, “Let’s go.”

They slowly moved down the road, keeping to the shadows. As they moved closer to the battle, they could see several buildings on fire and a few bodies on the ground. They came upon a body in an Auror’s uniform. Peakes bent down to check it.

“It’s Peters,” he said. “He’s dead.” Jack Peters was just twenty-three and had been on the Auror force for the past three years.

“Killing Curse?” James asked. Peakes nodded his face grim.

They continued on. Finally, they saw a group of about half a dozen Death Eaters taking cover in between two houses on opposite sides of the road, firing off spells away from James’ group. Peering ahead, James could just make out another group about thirty yards ahead, shooting spells back.

'Must be Sirius and the other Aurors,' James thought.

“All right,” James whispered, “One target each. Let’s get them, One…two….three!”

They all fired stunners at the Death Eaters. Unfortunately, only three were hit and knocked out. The others jumped in surprise as their companions collapsed. They managed to revive their fellow Death Eaters but now found themselves surrounded. Not liking the odds now, they quickly Apparated away. Once the Death Eaters were gone, the two groups of Aurors met up.

People started emerging from the houses, looking bewildered. Fortunately, the early arrival of the Aurors had allowed only two houses to be set on fire.

“Joseph,” James said in a low tone to Joseph Peakes, “You better send someone to get some Obliviators here on the double quick.”

“Right, Minister,” Peakes said. He turned to Wendy Edwards who quickly ran to the outskirts of the village so she could Apparate back to the Ministry.

Meanwhile, the other Aurors were trying to calm the people of the village who were asking what was going on. James stood to one side, surveying the damage.

“James, for Merlin’s sake, what are you doing here?” Sirius exclaimed as he came up to him.

James grinned at his best mate. “I didn’t like the odds you faced. I thought you might find yourself in a spot of trouble and would be too proud to call for reinforcements.”

“We had it well in hand, Prongs,” Sirius said, clearly indignant, “A few more minutes and we would have gotten all of them. You could have been killed, James, you, the Minister of Magic.”

James sighed, “I know but I just couldn’t sit around while you were in trouble. We’ve always watched each other’s back, Sirius, ever since Hogwarts. I couldn’t stand the idea of you fighting them without me at your side.”

“Well, you better not do it again, Minister,” Sirius said, “If you get killed doing this, Lily’s going to kill me. You wouldn’t want your wife to end up in Azkaban now, would you?”

James shook his head. “All right, all right, you’ve made your point,” he said, “I’ll try not to be tempted in the future. Now, how’d we do?”

Sirius sighed, “Better than if we hadn’t come, much better than we were doing before we got rid of Fudge. We got here just as they were starting. As you can see, only a couple of homes were hit.” They looked over at several Aurors using the Aguamenti spell to put out the burning houses. “We’re not sure about the people in those houses but we managed to keep them from killing a lot of people, just a few people while we were busy dueling them. We did manage to keep them from getting hold of that girl we saw in Rose’s vision.”

“Well, that’s good in itself,” James said, “I’m sure Rose will be relieved. Did we get any of them? We stunned two of them back there while we were working our way to you.”

“We got a couple more before we ran into that last bunch,” Sirius said. “We sent them to the Ministry holding cells.”

“Good,” James said, “We can interrogate them tomorrow.” He paused a second before continuing, “We also came upon Jack Peters’ body back there, Killing curse. Did we lose anyone else?”

Sirius grimaced, “Yeah, Tim Arnold and Nigel Yancy. They got hit with the Avada, too. A couple of us got caught by cutting curses or bone breaking curses. I just sent them to St. Mungo’s. They’ll get them fixed up.”

“Are Tonks and Wilson all right?” James asked.

“They’re over there somewhere,” Sirius said, “I just saw Tonks before meeting up with you.”

“Good,” James said, “I wouldn’t want to face a certain werewolf if she had been hurt.”

Sirius grinned, “Good old Moony. It’s funny how he resisted my cousin’s advance for months but I knew Tonks would wear him down. You think he’ll propose soon?”

James laughed, “I don’t know. I think that’s a bit too soon. They’ve only been dating for since Easter.”

“Who’s only been dating since Easter?” Tonks asked as she came up to them. “Good evening, Minister.”

“Hello, Auror Tonks,” James said, grinning.

“Just you and a certain shabbily dressed mate of mine, o dear cousin,” Sirius said. “How did you get him to ask you out? He wouldn’t tell me.”

Tonks laughed, “I have my ways, something to do with being a metamorphmagus.” She cycled her hair from her favorite pink to fuchsia, aquamarine blue, apple green and purple before resuming her trademark bubblegum pink look. “I hope we don’t have to deal with another one like this tomorrow night. We have a date.”

“We’ll try to keep your schedule clear,” James said, smirking. “Well, I better get out of here and leave you two to clear up this mess, especially dealing with the Muggle policemen. The Obliviators should be here soon.”

James left Dent, Jones and Brooks to help them out. He and Peakes walked back to the edge of the woods and Apparated back to the Ministry and James’ office. James fixed the papers on his desk and headed home. He couldn’t wait to tell his daughter that they had managed to stop the attack due to her vision.

******

The next morning, Harry and Rose were awakened by their father before he went to work to tell them about the previous night’s battle. Harry looked like he wished he had been there to help the Aurors fight the Death Eaters.

Rose felt greatly relieved that the girl in her vision was safe. She was also very glad that her vision had helped stop one attack. Her seer powers had finally done something useful. She wondered if she could have a vision on her own. She wanted to stop more attacks. Maybe she could get more information from her next vision so they would have the exact date of an attack. She’d need to ask Dumbledore to contact Martha to help her.

James tried to leave for the Ministry without having breakfast, citing the tons of paperwork awaiting him there. Unfortunately for him, both Lily and Blinky refused to let him leave without at least eating some toast and bacon. Harry and Rose were quite amused by this.

After breakfast, Harry and Rose brought Daisy and Andrew to the second floor playroom for some fun. An hour later, they heard the sound of someone using the Floo network.

Harry peered over the staircase into the living room, his wand ready just in case. To his relief, it was Professor Dumbledore.

“Ah, Harry,” the Headmaster said, looking up at him. “Good morning. I hope you’re ready for another session on wandless magic.”

“Yes, Professor,” Harry said, “I’m looking forward to doing more spells wandlessly.”

“Professor,” Rose said, coming to the top of the staircase, “Can I ask you something?”

“Of course, my dear,” Dumbledore replied.

Rose joined Dumbledore in the living room and they both sat down on a couch.

“Now, what is it?” Dumbledore said.

“I was wondering if you could get hold of Mrs. Thunderheart,” Rose began, “I’d like to know if I can conjure up visions on my own instead of waiting for them to pop up in my head.”

“I see,” Dumbledore said, “Yes, I can contact Martha. That’s a good suggestion, as long as there is no danger for you to do it.”

“Thanks you, Professor,” Rose said.

The fireplace again spouted green flames. This time, the two youngest Weasleys stepped out, one at a time, followed by Hermione.

As soon as Ginny stepped out of the fireplace, she was engulfed in a hug by Harry followed by a connection of their lips. Their siblings and Hermione were amused by this. It was always amazing how much Harry and Ginny cared for each other.

When the Bonded pair showed no signs of ending their kiss after several seconds had passed, Ron said in a loud voice, “Oi, mate! Give it a rest. You just saw her yesterday. Ow! Hermione!” He glared at Hermione who had hit him up the back of his head for his insensitivity.

“Don’t be such a prat, Ronald,” Hermione scolded him.

Dumbledore cleared his throat noisily, causing Harry and Ginny to draw apart a bit.

“Oh, sorry, Professor,” Harry said, his cheeks turning a nice Weasley shade of red, though his arms were still around Ginny who looked down in embarrassment at their open display of affection in front of the Headmaster.

“That’s quite all right, Harry,” Dumbledore said, “I always like to see love expressed openly.”

The fireplace flared green a third time, this time dislodging the Longbottom siblings. Rose lost no time in doing the same thing with Neville that Harry did with Ginny.

“Not you two as well,” Ron said, groaning. He stepped away from Hermione, wary of another slap to his head.

Rose looked up into Neville’s eyes. “Guess what? My vision came true last night but it’s all right. The Aurors were able to stop the Death Eaters before they could do much damage or harm many people.”

“That’s great, Rose,” Neville said, hugging her again. “What about that girl who was r-r-raped?”

“They saved her as well,” Rose replied. “Isn’t that great?”

“Yeah,” Neville said, “That’s great news. I’m glad she didn’t have to go through that.”

Hermione came over to them. “Rose, Ginny told us what happened last night. So it seems Divination can be useful after all.”

Rose laughed, “Well, some of it. I may be a seer but that doesn’t mean I believe most of the things Trelawney teaches. I definitely haven’t learned much in that class.”

“Neither have I,” Neville said, grinning.

Dumbledore cleared his throat, “As much as it amuses me to hear you talk about the merits of Divination, it’s time for your training session.”

“Excuse me, Professor,” Maggie said, “Ti isn’t here yet.”

Just then the fireplace flamed green again and Ti stepped out of the flames.

“Sorry for being late,” Ti said, “I was playing with Lizzie and lost track of time.”

“That’s quite all right, Mr. Black,” Dumbledore said, “I’m glad you are getting along with your sister.”

Ti blushed, “She’s such a cute baby, sir. I can’t help it.”

“Aww,” the four girls cooed.

“That’s so touching,” Hermione said.

“I know what you mean, mate,” Harry said, “I feel the same way about Daisy and Andrew.”

“Shesh,” Ron said, “You guys are acting so girly.”

“Ron!” Hermione said, “You are so insensitive sometimes.”

“Now, now,” Dumbledore said, “Enough of that. Let’s proceed with our session.”

The teens followed the Headmaster up to the training room and had a great session. All seven teens were now capable of casting Shield and stunning spells wandlessly and were working on the wordless aspect.

Dumbledore did contact Mrs. Thunderheart and the kindly Native American Canadian seer agreed to come to Potter Manor to talk with Rose.

Two days after Rose had asked Dumbledore about contacting Mrs. Thunderheart, the elderly woman Flooed into Potter Manor from Hogwarts after lunch. James had added her name to the list allowed to her to Floo into their home.

Rose met her in the living room, hugging the older woman with enthusiasm.

“I’m so glad you came, Martha,” Rose said. “It’s great to see you again.”

“I’m also happy to see you again, Rose,” Martha said, smiling at the teen. “Now, you said you wanted to try having a vision on your own. That is how I was able to solve the numerous kidnapping and murder cases I have been asked to attend to. I was going to wait for next term to try but I guess you want to do as much as you can.”

“Yes, Martha,” Rose said, “My last vision was able to save a village from being attacked three nights ago. I want to save more people and prevent more attacks.”

“All right,” Martha said, “Is there a place we can have a bit more privacy for this?”

“Yes, of course,” Rose said, “I think the library can give us that.”

Rose led her to the library and they sat down facing each other just as they had done in the Headmaster’s office at Hogwarts.

“Now, in order to do this,” Martha said, “you usually need something that belongs to the person you’re trying to see.”

“But that would only be if I needed to find a person, right?” Rose asked. “What I want to do more than that. I want to be able to know when there will be another Death Eater raid and where it will be.”

“That’s a bit more complicated then,” Martha said. “I’ve done something similar a few years ago when there was a serial killer on the loose around the city of Ottawa. That will require doing what is called astral projection.”

“What is that, Martha?” Rose asked.

“Well, Rose,” Martha said, “It’s a process where you go into a trance then project your soul out of your body.”

“Your what out of your what?” Rose asked, wide-eyed. “Won’t that kill you?”

“Not really, Rose,” Martha said, smiling, “It can only be done by those with the powers of a true seer. You’ll actually be connected to your body by means of a thin silver-looking cord, like a lifeline.”

“Oh, so you won’t really die?” Rose asked.

“No,” Martha said, “However, if someone destroys your body while you’re doing it, you will die. You see, you’ll be completely out of your body and helpless to do anything until you return to it. So, your body could starve to death if you’re away too long.”

“Oh,” Rose said, “How long can you stay out of your body?”

“As far as I know,” Martha said, thinking deeply, “You can stay out of it indefinitely and yet find your way back as long as the cord is intact. That can be done if someone else provides nourishment to the body.”

“So how do we do this astral projection?” Rose asked.

“Well, first you find your magical core which should be simple for you now,” Martha said, smirking at her student. Rose blushed at her hidden praise. “Then you concentrate on your core and will yourself to rise upward very fast. Let’s see if you can do that. I will watch over you as you try.” She raised her hands in front of her, palms out facing Rose.

Rose did the same and touched her hands to Martha, open palm to open palm, connecting their minds. Martha then asked her to go to her magical core. Rose quickly found it and, on Martha’s signal, pushed herself upward as fast as she could. For a few moments, she was blinded by a bright light that suddenly surrounded her but then her vision cleared.

She saw that she was floating in the air above the library’s floor, like she was using a levitation spell. Below her, she saw her body and Martha’s own body still pressing palms against each other. She noticed a thin silver line coming out of her body and a similar one coming out of Martha. Following her line, she found that her body was translucent like she was a ghost. Following the line from Martha’s body, she turned to her side and almost screamed when she saw a translucent Martha beaming at her.

“You’ve done it, Rose,” Martha said,

“T-thanks, Martha,” she shakily replied. “What’s that silver line?”

“That is the silver cord I was telling you about,” she replied, “Without it, you might not be able to find your body. If you spend too much time out of your body, your body may die and leave you stranded forever in this plane.”

Rose looked at her in horror, “C-can the line be cut?”

“Well, it is possible,” Martha said, “My mentor who was a wise shaman of my tribe told me stories of shaman from warring tribes fighting in this form, called the astral state, when they caught each other spying on the other tribe. In those stories, one shaman managed to cut his enemy’s cord, killing his enemy. Of course, nowadays, few people can do this so you don’t have to worry about it.”

“All right,” Rose said, nodding her head, “So, how can I search for a place that will be attacked by Death Eaters days or nights from now while in this form?”

“You will use your Forward Sight ability while in the astral state then travel around looking for a place under attack,” Martha said.

“That can take all night,” Rose said.

“Not really,” Martha said, “You just think of your destination and you’ll be transported there almost instantly. If you don’t know where to go, you can fly very fast while in the astral state, all the while being aware of what you see below you. Let’s try something together. I want you to think of London. Imagine yourself being there right now.”

Rose thought of London, imagining the various sights in that city — Big Ben, the Tower of London, the Tower Bridge, Parliament Building, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, the West End theatres. In the blink of an eye, she was hovering over the Thames, looking at the familiar sight of Big Ben.

‘I did it,’ she thought, ‘I really did it.’

“That you did,” Martha said. “Very good, Rose.”

Rose turned to her and saw Martha beam at her with pride.

“Now,” Martha said, “Let’s practice a bit more. Think of another place you’re familiar with and would like to see.”

“The Burrow,” Rose said, “That’s the home of my best friend, Ginny, and her family.”

“Oh yes, the Weasleys,” Martha said, “You’ve told me a lot about them. All right, let’s go.”

Rose concentrated on the Burrow and they were suddenly there, floating about the ramshackle but friendly home.

“Very good,” Martha said, “Now, let’s practice going forward in time in this form. Hold on to me and will time forward.”

Rose concentrated on her core and willed time forward. She watched the Burrow and its surroundings change as it approached evening, looking like she had pressed the fast forward button on a VCR. She saw Mrs. Weasley come out into the garden, pick some apples from a tree and return inside, all at a very fast pace, making Rose giggle in amusement. She watched time pass until it was dawn again. So far, nothing caught her eye. Martha then had her will herself back in time.

“Now I suggest you don’t go forward by more than a day,” she said, “Your body is still back in the library and it would be disconcerting to your family to find it in that state.”

“Why, Martha?” Rose asked.

“Because while in the astral state,” Martha said, “The body’s functions almost shut down. Your heart rate and breathing will slow down to almost imperceptible levels. It will almost look like you died.”

“Wow!” Rose exclaimed, “I definitely don’t want it to appear that way.”

“Good,” Martha said, “Don’t ever do this without someone knowing what you are doing. It could be bad.”

“All right,” Rose said.

“Now, go forward to this evening then we’ll go around the surrounding countryside for a few minutes to look for any signs of trouble,” Martha said.

They spent twenty minutes going around at a fast rate of travel. Rose saw many towns and villages she didn’t recognize. Finally, about a hundred miles from the Burrow, they saw some flashes of light in the distance.

Going closer, they came upon a scene of chaos and devastation. Two dozen Death Eaters were systematically destroying a small village about the same size as Lower Covington. There were bodies and ruined buildings everywhere.

Rose felt tears running down her face as she frantically looked for a clue to the identity of the village. Finally, she came upon a building that was more or less intact. It was a small church. A sign in front of the building said that this was the parish of the village of Tuppington in East Anglia.

She and Martha went back to the Burrow and willed time back. They then followed their cords back to their bodies.

Waking up from her trance, Rose was not surprised to find real tears flowing down her cheeks. It had been much worse than Lower Covington. Martha gently pulled her into her arms.

“There, there, my dear,” the elderly Canadian Native said, “I know it looked terrible but now you can prevent it.”

Rose sniffed, “I know but it was still so hard to watch all that and not do anything about it.”

“I know,” Martha said, “Well, we’d better find Albus and tell him about this.”

The two got up and left the library. They ran into Harry and Ginny. Harry immediately sensed something was wrong.

“Rose,” Harry said, “why does it look like you’ve been crying?”

“Oh, Harry,” Rose said, “I just saw another village being attacked. We need to contact the Headmaster or Dad right away. The attack’s going to happen tonight.”

“All right,” Harry said, “We’d better Floo-call Hogwarts.”

They went into the living room and Harry activated the Floo network, calling for the Headmaster’s office. Luckily, Dumbledore was there and he immediately Flooed over to Potter Manor where he again extracted the memory of the attack from Rose then Flooed to the Ministry to meet with James.

Once, the Headmaster was gone, Rose was able to formally introduce Mrs. Thunderheart to her brother and best friend. They chatted for a while before Martha left to go back home. She agreed to return daily until she felt Rose was adept enough with astral projection to do it alone.

After Martha left, Rose felt tired and decided to have a nap before dinner. As she lay down on her bed, she hoped that her dad and the Aurors would be able to prevent the destruction of the village of Tuppington.
Reviews 668
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear