Search:

SIYE Time:19:39 on 16th April 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophesized Six
By bengpotter31

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Neville Longbottom, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 668
Summary: This is the sequel to my previous story, Harry Potter and the Twists of Fate, starting off a few hours after the last chapter. Harry and his friends are now aware of the part they will play in the coming war. Can their friendship and love hold them together or will they allow jealousy and uncertainty to pull them apart, allowing Voldemort to win?
Hitcount: Story Total: 328059; Chapter Total: 6269





Author's Notes:
Well, here's the next chapter. I hope the wait wasn't too long. I hope you guys like it. Please read and review.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 33: O.W.L. Results and Two Birthdays


Based on the information gleaned from Rose’s vision, James sent in a team of twenty Aurors led by Sirius and Kingsley Shacklebolt to Tuppington that night. Three went in Disillusioned to wait for the arrival of the Death Eaters while the rest waited hidden outside the village. When the twelve Death Eaters Apparated into Tuppington at ten, Sirius and Kingsley cast Anti-Apparition wards around the village then the Aurors engaged the Death Eaters.

Surprised by the presence of so many Aurors, most of the Death Eaters panicked and were easily subdued. A few managed to fight their way out of the town and Apparate away once they were beyond the wards put up by the Aurors. All this took only ten minutes with little damage done to the village and no civilians killed or injured. The nine captured Death Eaters were sent to the holding cells in the Ministry.

Because of the massive escape from Azkaban the previous summer, it had been decided not to use the old fortress anymore until the war was over. With Dumbledore’s help, a new prison was being set up in a secret location but it would take several months before it was ready. In the meantime, captured Death Eaters were being kept in the cells in the basement of the Ministry with a heavy guard of Aurors.

The successful interception of the Death Eater attack on Tuppington greatly pleased James and his daughter. Rose was once again happy and relieved that her powers had helped stop another attack.

For the next three days, Martha continued to accompany Rose in her astral projections. They didn’t see any more attacks in these forays and the nights were peaceful. At the end of the third day, Martha told Rose that she was skilled enough to go alone on her trances. She just warned Rose to have someone watching over her while she was in a trance, even at Potter Manor.

The following day, a Sunday, Rose did her first solo astral projection with her parents and brother watching over her. When she moved Time forward, she found two separate villages in ruins with the Dark Mark over them. Moving Time back a bit while hovering over each village, she was able to see the full extent of the attacks, including the number of Death Eaters involved in them. Once she came out of her trance, Rose quickly told her father what she saw and James Floo-called Dumbledore.

After viewing Rose’s memories in Dumbledore’s pensieve, James used the Marauder mirror to call Sirius who already had teams on standby to intercept attacks. Even then, Sirius had to call a few more Aurors to augment the single group assigned for that night.

With Rose’s information, the Death Eater raids on the villages of Sharpe’s Hill and Ravenhead weren’t as successful as Voldemort would have wanted. Ten more Death Eaters were captured though three Aurors were killed and two badly injured in the fighting.

Over the next two weeks, Rose’s astral projections allowed the Aurors to stop six more Death Eater raids, saving numerous lives, both Muggle and Magical. However, there was still a heavy cost to this. Six more Aurors had been killed and three others were in St. Mungo’s recovering from severe spell damage.

The captured Death Eaters proved of little value. Most were new recruits or of low rank and knew little of Voldemort’s plans. All the Aurors could do was stopping any attacks they managed to gain knowledge of.

In the meantime, Harry and his friends continued their training in wandless and wordless magic. By the last week of July, all seven of them could cast stunners, shields, disarming and binding spells silently and wandlessly. Harry and Neville could do some other spells as well. Dumbledore was very proud of them.

The last Saturday of July was especially significant since that was the day the owls bearing results for O.W.L.s and N.E.W.T.s arrived at the examinees’ homes. It should have been sent two weeks earlier but the change in Minister of Magic caused a lot of excitement and problems.

The owl bearing Harry’s O.W.L. results arrived just as the Potters were sitting down for breakfast. Harry felt his palms sweating as he nervously took the envelope with the official Hogwarts and Ministry seals on it from the leg of the tawny owl in front of him.

“Oh come on, Harry,” Rose teased, “You’ve faced old Voldie four times already. Surely you aren’t scared of exam results.”

“Rose,” Lily said, “Stop teasing your brother. It’ll be you getting your results next year.” Satisfied with the sudden pallor on her daughter’s face, Lily turned her attention to her husband who had a smirk on his face. “Don’t you tease him as well, James.”

James looked at her in mock surprise, “What? I wouldn’t do that at such a time as this.”

Lily just glared at him before turning to Harry, “Go ahead, sweetheart. We don’t care about the number of O.W.L.s you got, just as long as you tried your best.”

Steeling himself, Harry broke the seals on the envelope. Inside, there were two pieces of parchment. The first one he opened was smaller and had a note for him.

Dear Mr. Potter,

In the other parchment are the results of your O.W.L.s, placed alphabetically by subject. I would like you to know that the examiners who tested you in the practical exams have nothing but praise for you. I look forward to seeing you again in two years time when you take your N.E.W.T.s.

Sincerely,

Griselda Marchbanks
Head, Wizarding Examinations Authority


The second, longer piece of parchment

ORDINARY WIZARDING LEVEL RESULTS

Pass Grades

OUTSTANDING (O)
EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS (E)
ACCEPTABLE (A)
O* - Highest score in a hundred years

Fail Grades
POOR (P)
DREADFUL (D)
TROLL (T)



Ancient Runes: E

Astronomy: E
Written E
Practical E

Care of Magical Creatures: E
Written E
Practical E

Charms: O
Writ ten E
Practical O

Defense Against the Dark Arts: O
Written O
Practical O*

Divination P

Herbology: E
Writ ten O
Practical E

History of Magic P


Potions: O
Written O

Practical O

Transfiguration: O
Written O
Practical O


Harry stared at his results in shock. He had only failed in two subjects: History of Magic and Divination. He was relieved that he wouldn’t have to continue both in the coming year. On the other hand, he had passed eight subjects, including Astronomy, to his surprise. Even more surprising was the result of his DADA practical. The highest score in a hundred years… Great, just great, yet another thing to set him apart.

“Don’t you dare berate yourself for that, Harry!” Ginny’s voice came up suddenly in his mind. “You deserve that grade. You’ve done very well, eight OWLS, much better than Ron. He only has seven since he only took nine subjects.”

“Thanks, Gin,”
Harry said, “I’ll see you in a while, okay?”

“Sure, Harry,”
she replied, “I have a special reward for you when I get there. Now, show your results to your parents.”

Harry felt his cheeks warm up from Ginny’s hint. He looked up to see his parents and sister waiting expectantly for him. Without a word, he handed the parchment with his results to his mother. Lily quickly scanned the parchment then threw her arms around Harry in a big embrace.

“Oh, Harry,” she said, “Eight O.W.L.s., that’s wonderful. Congratulations.”

“Thanks, Mum,” he said.

“Well done, son,” James said, clapping him on the back, “I knew you did well in the DADA Practical. Professor Tofty kept telling me how impressed he was with your Patronus. Just don’t let that go to your head or feel bad about being different because of it. You deserve the best grade you can get.

“Yeah, I guess,” Harry said. “Thanks, Dad, Mum.”

“Eight O.W.L.s,” James said, shaking his head, “That’s more than I got.”

“That’s because you weren’t concentrating well in your studies at that time, James,” Lily said, glaring at her husband.

James shrugged, “Well, I only did well enough to have the N.E.W.T. subjects I needed for Auror Academy.”

Lily just shook her head.

“Good job, Harry,” Rose said, looking over the parchment with Harry’s results, “Okay, so you only failed Divination and History of Magic.”

Harry shrugged, “Yeah, they don’t really matter. I don’t need them to get into the Auror Academy. Plus, I don’t want another two years of Binns and Trelawney.”

“That’s for sure,” Rose said, “I certainly don’t either, especially Divination since it’s Mrs. Thunderheart who’s teaching me what I need as a seer. So, I think I’ll try not to pass Divination as well.”

“You’ll do no such thing, young lady,” Lily said, “You’ll do the best you can in all your subjects. You chose to take Divination as an elective so you better try to get as good results in your O.W.L. as you can get.”

“Yes, Mum,” Rose said sullenly. “Harry, I suppose Ginny knows your results by now.”

Harry nodded, “Yeah, she read them through our connection. She told me that Ron got only seven O.W.L.s since he wasn’t taking Ancient Runes and also failed History of Magic and Divination. Blimey, I forgot to ask her how Fred and George did on their N.E.W.T.s. They should have got their letters at the same time as Ron.”

“She’ll probably tell you when she gets here,” Rose said. “I wonder how Hermione did,”

“Well, knowing Hermione,” Harry said, “We’ll find out soon. Isn’t she coming over with Daniel this morning?”

“Yeah, she is,” Rose said, starting on her breakfast, “We’ll just have to wait for her.”

An hour later, they heard the fireplace in the living room flare up, indicating that someone had Flooed over. Getting up from his place at the table, Harry peered out the door. When he saw who had arrived, he grinned and stepped into the living room. Rose wasn’t far behind him.

Hermione looked up from dusting the ashes from her brother. “Hey, Harry, Rose,” she said, “So, Harry, how’d you do in your O.W.L.s?”

Harry laughed, “I knew you’d ask that almost as soon as you saw me.”

Hermione blushed, “Hey, I can’t help being curious as to how my friends did.”

“Yeah, I guess you can’t,” Harry said, “Let me get Daisy and Andrew so they can keep Daniel occupied then I’ll tell you my results.”

Harry went into the kitchen. “Daisy, Andy, guess who’s here?”

“Danny!” the twins shouted together with glee. They hurriedly got up from their seats and ran into the living room. Soon the three toddlers were playing in a corner of the living room, under the watchful eyes of their teen siblings.

”So, Harry,” Hermione said, unable to contain herself any longer, “How many O.W.L.s did you get?

“Eight,” Harry said, a grin appearing on his face.

Hermione beamed at him, “That’s great, Harry. Here, take a look at my results.” She gave him her results parchment and Rose read it over Harry’s shoulder. Hermione had taken eleven subjects for her O.W.L.s. She got ten Outstandings and an Exceeds Expectations in DADA.

Harry hugged her, “Congratulations, Hermione. I bet this puts you in the running for Head Girl.”

Hermione blushed, “I guess but I don’t want to get my hopes up. I only got an Exceeds in DADA.”

“Don’t worry about it, Hermione,” Harry said, “You’re the smartest girl in our year, if not in the whole Hogwarts. I doubt even the ‘claws have anyone as smart as you.”

Hermione blushed again, “Thanks, Harry. I’m glad you passed most of your subjects.”

“Oh Hermione,” Rose said, “Harry didn’t just get eight O.W.L.s. He got the highest score in the Defense practical anyone’s gotten in a century.”

“H-he did?” Hermione asked, looking stunned at this revelation.

At that moment, the fireplace flared green twice, dislodging Ron then Ginny.

“Oi!” Ron shouted, “Why’s Hermione looking like she took a bludger to the head?”

“Because I told her that Harry got the highest score in the Defense Practical that anyone’s gotten in a century,” Rose said with a smirk.

“Why is she surprised?” Ron asked, “He’s Harry Potter. He’s beaten off You-Know-Who four times. He’s the youngest seeker at Hogwarts in a century and probably the youngest Wizard to form a soul bond, with my sister no less.”

“Gee, thanks a lot, Ron,” Ginny said, glaring at her brother, “You’d think it was a bad thing for him to form a bond with me.”

Ron shrugged his shoulders, “Hey, that’s not what I meant. I just think it takes someone special to form that kind of thing with you.”

Ginny looked at him in surprise, “Wow thanks, Ron. I’ll take that as a compliment.”

“I agree, Ginny,” Rose said, “That was quite generous of Ron to say that.”

Ron shrugged again, “Hey, I just call it as I see it. Anyway, ‘Mione, I bet you got O’s in all your subjects.”

Hermione looked down at the ground, “No, I only got an E in Defense. Harry’s got my results.”

“No, you’re kidding,” Ron said, grabbing the parchment with Hermione’s results from Harry. After looking at it, he looked up, wonder on his face, “Blimey, it’s true. Will wonders never cease?”

Hermione glared at him but before she could shout at him for his remark, the fireplace flared green once again, announcing the entrance of Neville.

Hermione immediately pounced on Neville, demanding how he did in his O.W.L.s. Neville showed them his parchment which said he had eight O.W.L.s, including E’s in Charms, Transfiguration, Care of Magical Creatures and Potions and an O in Herbology and Defense. He also managed to get an A in Astronomy and Divination, only failing History of Magic.

Rose hugged him and gave him a quick kiss. “That’s great, Nev. At least you passed Divination whereas Harry and Ron failed there.”

Neville shrugged, “I guess having a seer as a girlfriend helped me out a bit.”

The six teens laughed. Ron apologized to Hermione for his casual remark and gave her a proper kiss as a reward for her near perfect marks, ignoring Rose and Ginny’s teasing remarks. Rose asked about Maggie. Neville told them that his sister was out shopping with their mother who had the day off from her job as an Auror. The six soon moved to the garden to play with the three toddlers. After a nice lunch, they put the three younger kids down for a nap and separated to do ‘couple’ things.

“So, Gin,” Harry said as they watched the other two couples walk outside, “You said earlier that you’d give me a special reward for my O.W.L. results.”

“That I did, love,”
Ginny said, “Come on, let’s go to your room.” Ginny got up and pulled Harry up to his room.

When they got there, she closed the door and pulled out her wand. Harry watched her with an amused look on his face as she cast a silencing charm and an imperturbable charm on the door.

“Planning something big, are we?” he asked, a grin appearing on his face before he frowned. “Gin, you’re not planning on going ‘all the way’, are you? I promised your parents we wouldn’t do that until we were married.”

Ginny smiled, “Of course we will, Harry. I want our first time to be special. However, right now, I think bringing up our physical relationship up a notch or two should constitute a good enough reward for your fantastic grades. It might even inspire me to do as well in my own O.W.L.s this coming year.” With a coy smile, she then pushed him onto the bed.

The next hour proved quite interesting for Harry as they went a bit further than they had before. Later, as they relaxed in each other’s arms, they talked about their hopes for the coming year at Hogwarts.

“I wonder who’ll be chosen for female prefect for our year,” Ginny said, “After all, there are only three of us left.” She sniffed a bit.

Harry tightened his arms around her, “Try not to think too much about Lisa, Gin. I don’t think she’d have wanted you to get depressed like this.”

“I know,”
Ginny said, “I just wish there was something that could be done for her. She was too young to be kissed by a Dementor. She might have managed to become prefect.”

“Maybe, love,”
Harry said, “But we can’t dwell on the maybes. We just have to go on and beat that monster to avenge her and all the people he’s destroyed.” Harry paused, “As to the prefect thing, from what I’ve seen of her, I doubt Melinda is prefect material.”

Ginny giggled, “No, I doubt it either. She’s a bit too flighty at times, much like Lavender and Parvati and she has average grades. So, I guess that leaves me and Rose,”

“You know,”
Harry said, “as much as I love Rose, I kind of wish McGonagall would choose you as prefect.”

“And why’s that?”
Ginny asked, though she knew the answer from peeking in his mind.

“Well, that means we can pair up for patrolling around the castle,” Harry said, grinning, “I bet there are a few broom closets or empty classrooms we can get lost in for a bit.”

Ginny playfully slapped him on the arm, “I knew it. Can’t you get your mind out of the gutter, Potter?”

“Why, Miss Weasley?”
Harry asked, “It’s not like you aren’t thinking the same thing, especially after what we just did. I’m sure you’d want to do it again.”

Ginny blushed, “All right, I admit it. I was thinking about doing that somewhere in Hogwarts. I just don’t want to get my hopes up and get disappointed when McGonagall chooses Rose.”

“Well, whatever she decides, I’m sure we’ll find a way to sneak off and let you have your way with me,”
Harry said.

“What about now?” Ginny asked, looking up at his bright green eyes with her luscious chocolate brown ones filled with love and desire.

Harry didn’t answer her but lowered his lips to hers and his hands started to wander down her body again. They didn’t emerge from Harry’s room for another hour.

When Neville’s birthday came up a couple of days later, Dumbledore gave his students that day and the following day, which was Harry’s birthday, off to celebrate. This time, Neville insisted that they celebrate together in Potter Manor on the 31st since they had celebrated their birthdays together at Longbottom Mansion on the 30th in the previous year. Harry reluctantly agreed, especially since his sister sided with her boyfriend.

Of course, that didn’t prevent Neville from having a quiet celebratory dinner with his parents and sister on his real birthday. The only other person invited was Rose. Harry spent that day with Ginny and his twin siblings.

Rose came home past ten that night from Longbottom Mansion to find her three siblings and Ginny curled up together on the floor of the playroom, making her think what great parents the bonded couple would be someday. She reluctantly woke them up and the three teens put Andrew and Daisy to bed. Rose then left the bonded couple so they could say their temporary goodbyes in private.

The next day, in spite of their late night together, Ginny was still the first to greet Harry a ‘Happy Birthday’ due to their mental link. After lounging in bed for a few more minutes, Harry hurried to the kitchen where he found his family waiting for him for the traditional birthday breakfast. This year, Rose allowed him to enjoy his birthday without a prank, for which he was grateful.

After breakfast, they got Harry to open the gifts the five of them had gotten him. He first opened the gift from Daisy and Andrew which was a box of Honeyduke’s finest chocolates.

Harry grinned and hugged his twin siblings, “Thanks, guys,”

Daisy and Andrew hugged him back. “Wuv you, ‘arry,” Daisy said.

“I love you guys, too,” he said, his grin widening.

Next, he opened Rose’s gift a bit warily.

“Oh don’t worry, Harry,” Rose said, “If I didn’t prank you at breakfast, I surely won’t prank your gift.”

“You never know,” Harry said. He removed the colorful wrapping to reveal a new pair of Seeker gloves. “Thanks sis, I guess you noticed my present pair was getting worn.”

“Yeah, I did,” Rose said, “I thought it would be a good gift.”

Harry hugged her, “It’s great. Thanks.”

He reached for his parents’ gift next. It was rectangular and a bit heavy. He removed the wrapping and found that it was a book which looked both new and old. He gasped when he read the title: ‘The Secret History of the Potter Family’. Harry looked up from it with tears in his eyes. He could feel Ginny’s own awe coming through their bond. He tried to say something but found a big lump in his throat.

“I showed you the family vaults last year,” James said, smiling at his speechless son, “This year, I think it’s time you learned the true history of our family. You see, son, almost no one knows that Alfred Potter, the third son of a local warlord, married the only daughter of Godric Gryffindor almost a thousand years ago.”

“W-we really are descended from Gryffindor?” Rose asked.

“Yes, dear,” Lily said, a smile on her face.

“Is that why I was able to pull out Gryffindor’s sword out of the Sorting Hat three years ago?” Harry asked. He felt Ginny tense. “I’m sorry, love,” he told her through their mental link. “I don’t mean to bring up your worst memories but it’s bothered me since that night.”

“Don’t worry about it, Harry,” Ginny said, “I’m just glad you’ll get to know all about your family.”

James nodded, “Yes, Harry. It’s said that only someone with Gryffindor’s blood could use his sword. It was a family heirloom he received from his father. However, until you pulled it from the Hat, the sword hasn’t been seen since Gryffindor’s death about twelve years after Cassandra Gryffindor became Cassandra Potter. According to the book, it vanished the night before they buried him.”

“Wow,” Rose said, “That’s interesting. Have you read it, Dad?”

“Some of it,” James said, “My Dad, your grandfather, gave me that book when I came of age. Now, I pass it on to you.”

“Can I read it as well, Dad?” Rose asked.

“Of course, you can,” James said, “That is, if Harry is willing to let you.”

“Sure, Rose,” Harry said, “We’ll go to the living room and read a few pages together.”

“Great idea,” Rose said, “Have you read it, Mum? I’m sure you found a lot of interesting things in it.”

Lily looked down at the floor, “No, Rose. I’ve never read it.”

“Why not?” Harry asked, “I can’t believe Dad wouldn’t let you read the history of the family you married into.”

James sighed, “It’s not like that, Harry. You know that the time of Gryffindor and the other Founders was one where magical folk began to hide from Muggles because the Muggles were becoming fearful of magic and were quite hostile to Wizards and Witches. Alfred Potter had fallen in love with Cassandra before he knew she was a Witch but even when he found out, he was still willing to marry her and have a family with her. He even left his family castle for her. In gratitude, Gryffindor created a book that will magically record his family’s history accurately. Unfortunately, part of the magic on the book is that it will only allow those with Potter blood to see the writing. So, as much as I wanted to let your mother read it, she can’t”

“You mean Neville will never be able to read it either?” Rose asked.

“Or Ginny?” Harry asked.

“I’m afraid not, kids,” James said, “I know you want your significant others to know all about our family but you’ll just have to tell them verbally.”

“Boy, that sucks,” Rose said.

“Rose!” Lily admonished, “Watch your language.”

“Sorry, Mum,” she mumbled. “I’ll just have to memorize what I read then. I hate memory work.”

“Come on, sis,” Harry said, “Let’s read a bit. Then we can tell them about it later.”

“All right,” Rose said, getting up and following Harry into the living room. “I bet your bond will be able to overcome that obstacle.”

Harry shrugged, “Maybe. Let me check.” “Gin, do you want to try to read the book through our link?”

“If you want me to, Harry,”
Ginny replied shyly.

“Of course I do, silly girl,” Harry said, “I have no secrets from you.”

The two Potter teens sat on the same couch and started reading. The first chapter chronicled the story of Alfred Potter and Cassandra Gryffindor, how Alfred had rescued her from some Muggle bandits and slowly fell in love with her.

“Harry, I can read it!” Ginny said. “I guess the strength of our bond is stronger than the magic of the book.”

“That’s great, Gin,”
Harry said.

“Well?” Rose asked, “Can Ginny see the letters on the book?”

“Yes, she can,” Harry said. “I guess it’s the soul bond.”

“Lucky for Ginny,” Rose said, “I doubt Neville will be that lucky.”

“Don’t worry, Rose,” Harry said, “We can all help remember so we can tell him all about it.”

“Thanks, Harry,” Rose said, giving him a quick hug.

They settled down to read some more of their family history until it was time for lunch. The joint Harry-Neville birthday party was scheduled for dinnertime. The guests, aside from their families, included the Weasleys, the Grangers, the Blacks, Remus, Tonks, Tonks’ parents, Professors Dumbledore, McGonagall and Hagrid.

Ginny and Neville both went over to Potter Manor after lunch through the Floo network to be with their respective significant others. The two couples flew around the grounds of Potter Manor in pairs for a few minutes before having a little two-on-two Quidditch game between couples. The game proved that both Harry and Neville were not very good Keepers and that Rose and Ginny were very good Chasers. The two pairs were tied 250-all when they stopped after two hours to rest before the party.

By five o’clock, all the guests had arrived at Potter Manor and were chatting with each other in the garden. Arthur was sitting with Hermione’s and Tonk’s parents at one of the tables on the porch, no doubt interrogating the Grangers about the Muggle world, judging from the amused look on Ted Tonks’ face.

The older women and Hagrid were all gathered around Sam and Sirius on the other side of the porch, admiring Lizzie who was lying in Sam’s lap. The bemused and smitten look on Sirius’ face as he gazed at his daughter was very hard to miss. Daisy, Andrew and Daniel played together nearby, with their mothers watching them carefully.

Harry, Ginny, Rose, Neville, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Ti and Maggie were all seated together discussing Fred and George’s plans for their joke shop. Remus and Tonks were talking with James and Dumbledore near the rose bushes.

“Harry,” Rose whispered to her brother, “Notice how close to each other Remus and Tonks are standing. Remus even has his arm around her waist.”

“Yeah, I never thought I’d see the day our honorary uncle with the furry problem allows himself to get into a relationship with a girl,” Harry said.

“It seems to have done him some good,” Ginny said, “He looks younger than he did before.”

“You know,” Rose said, “I think Ginny’s right. There’s less gray in his hair and there are fewer lines on his face.”

“I’m glad,” Harry said, “Even with Dad and Sirius in the Ministry, Remus hasn’t had as good a life as he should have.”

“It’s a good thing Sirius is too preoccupied with Sam and Lizzie,” Ginny said, “Otherwise, I’m sure he wouldn’t miss this opportunity to tease them.”

“Yeah, there is that,” Harry said, “Come to think of it, it’s a bit odd to see Sirius with that look on his face.”

“I bet you’ll have the same look on your face, Harry,” Rose said, “When you and Ginny have your first kid.”

“Rose!” Ginny and Harry said simultaneously, their cheeks turning Weasley red.

Rose laughed softly at the sight of her brother and best friend’s faces. Before either could retort, Lily stood up.

“All right, everyone, it’s time to eat,” Lily said “Now, the food is laid out in the Ballroom. Just get what you want and bring it out here.” She then opened the sliding doors leading from the porch to the Ballroom.

Two long tables were set up in the Ballroom covered with plates and dishes containing various kinds of food. A smaller table was at the side containing bottles of butterbeer and other drinks.

Soon, two lines formed around the tables. After each person got his choice of food and drinks, he or she went back to the place he or she had been occupying on the porch. About an hour later, everyone had eaten and drunk their fill and were again talking in various groups.

This time, Alice rose to her feet and called everyone’s attention, “I think it’s time for the birthday boys to open their presents. Neville, Harry, come over here.”

The two boys sat down at two tables. Each had a pile of presents on them. They quickly went through their piles. Neville received many books and items relating to Herbology. Harry got things related to Defense and Quidditch. However, both boys noticed one gift missing. They turned to their respective girlfriends, who were seated beside them.

”We both agreed to give you your presents in private,” Ginny whispered to Harry, “After the cake and ice cream. We need something to distract Ron and my other brothers.”

Just then, Blinky popped onto the porch, bearing a huge birthday cake which he set on the table in front of the two boys. The upper left had an icing model of a snitch with sixteen small candles arranged around it. The upper right had a small model of a Mimbulus mimbletonia on it, also surrounded by sixteen small candles. The bottom half had written on it:

Happy 16th Birthday, Harry and Neville!

Everyone gathered around as James and Frank lit the candles with their wand. They all sang Happy Birthday then the two boys blew out the candles to a wild round of applause.

Blinky and the other house elves then popped in with four large tubs of ice cream. As the guests crowded around for cake and ice cream, Harry felt Ginny pull on his arm.

He allowed Ginny to pull him deep into the garden. He saw Rose doing the same to Neville but in a different direction which Harry remembered was toward the wall bordering their property. He glanced nervously back at the other guests but it seemed Ginny’s brothers hadn’t noticed them leaving, especially Ron who was already having his third piece of cake.

Once the noise of the party had faded, Ginny stopped and pushed Harry up to a tree, planting her lips on his. Harry returned the kiss with equal fervor. They sank down to their knees and their arms wound around each other. After a few minutes, they drew back to catch their breath and Ginny lay down on top of Harry with her head on his chest and Harry’s arms around her.

“This is nice,” Ginny said, “I just love lying like this with you.”

“Yeah, I know,” Harry said, “I like it too.”

After a few minutes, Harry noticed that Ginny had fallen asleep. He gently nudged her through their mind link. When she stirred, he said in her mind, “Uh Gin, I usually don’t mind being your pillow but I’d like to see what you got me.”

“Spoilsport,”
she pouted before sitting up beside him. She brought a small package about half an inch in size from her pocket and drew her wand, tapping the package with it as she said, “Finite.” The package grew to three times its size. “All right, here.”

Harry removed the nice wrapping and opened the box. Inside was a ring made of reddish gold in a thick band with a small emerald the color of his eyes set into it. There were what appeared to be Egyptian hieroglyphics engraved around the band. Harry couldn’t help but stare at it in wonder.

“Bill gave that to me when I was eight,” Ginny said to him, “It’s part of the treasure from a tomb his team went into. The goblins sometimes give bits of the treasure as a reward for a good job. He said I should give it to the man I would marry. I wonder if he already knew back then that we’d get together.”

Harry grinned and drew her into a tight embrace. “It’s beautiful, Gin. Thank you.” He pulled back and examined the ring again, “Do you know what these hieroglyphics mean?”

“Well,”
Ginny said, “According to Bill, they translate roughly as ‘For the one who holds my heart, a reminder of my love’. I know our bond lets you feel my love for you all the time but I wanted you to have a physical reminder of that until we do get married, sort of a promise ring of my own.”

“All right then,”
Harry said, putting it on his left ring finger. He then pulled her towards him and they resumed kissing.

*******

Rose and Neville were once again at the tree overlooking the field outside the walls bordering Potter Manor’s grounds. This time they were seated at the base of the tree with Rose in Neville’s lap as they kissed. It was a good five minutes before either one pulled back. Then Rose leaned forward on Neville and rested her head on his chest while he wrapped his arms around her.

“Merlin, I don’t think I’ll ever tire of that,” Rose said.

Neville laughed before replying, “Yeah, me neither.” They spent a few seconds of silence just enjoying the sensation of being alone together. “All right, missy. Aren’t you going to at least tell me what you got for me?”

“Okay,” Rose said, reaching behind Neville into some bushes next to the tree. She drew out a small thin package and handed it to Neville, all the while remaining in his lap.

Neville carefully removed the brightly colored wrapping to reveal a picture frame. The photo in it was a Wizarding one of Rose, showing just her head and shoulders. The picture Rose would smile then blow a kiss.

“It’s for your table,” Rose said shyly, “So I’d be the first thing you see in the morning and the last thing before you go to sleep.”

Neville grinned, “It’s great, and exactly what I wanted.” He gently put the picture frame on the ground and drew Rose down for another kiss.

It was another hour before either couple made their way back to the party. They had to return since it was getting dark. The grins on both birthday boys’ faces drew a lot of ribbing from the other males present, which they bore with good nature. It was almost midnight by the time the last of the guests left.
Reviews 668
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear