Search:

SIYE Time:6:20 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophesized Six
By bengpotter31

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Neville Longbottom, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 668
Summary: This is the sequel to my previous story, Harry Potter and the Twists of Fate, starting off a few hours after the last chapter. Harry and his friends are now aware of the part they will play in the coming war. Can their friendship and love hold them together or will they allow jealousy and uncertainty to pull them apart, allowing Voldemort to win?
Hitcount: Story Total: 327484; Chapter Total: 6747





Author's Notes:
Here’s the next one. I hope it’s as good as the previous ones. Please read and review.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 34: A trip to Diagon Alley and Ginny’s birthday

The kids got their Hogwarts letters the next day, August 1st, during breakfast. Once again, Harry found a prefect badge accompanying his letter.

“Well I guess that puts you in the running for Head Boy,” James said.

“Dad,” Harry said, “You know that’s not guaranteed. You were never a prefect, yet you became Head Boy in your seventh year.”

James scoffed, “Well, you weren’t an arrogant prat in your first six years like I was. I doubt Dumbledore will choose someone else next year.”

“If I’m still alive next year,” Harry morosely thought.

“Harry James Potter!” Ginny’s voice came up in his mind, “Don’t you dare say that!”

Harry gulped, “Yes, dear…I mean, no, dear, of course not. Sorry, won’t do it again.”

“That’s better,”
Ginny said, “Our letters haven’t arrived yet. I can’t wait for Ron to get his. He’ll be so surprised with what’s inside with his letter.”

“Yeah,”
Harry said, “I just hope he accepts it.”

“Oh he will, Harry,”
Ginny said, “We just have to convince him. Did Rose get the prefect badge?”

Harry looked over at Rose who was seated across from him. His sister appeared to be looking inside her envelope with a frown. She turned it upside down but nothing else came out besides her letter. “I don’t think so, Gin.” Inside he was a bit disappointed for his sister but felt elation that Ginny might have been appointed the fifth year Gryffindor female prefect.

His mother, meanwhile, had noticed what her daughter was doing and probably guessed why. “Oh, I’m sorry, honey,” Lily said, “I guess you’re not the female Gryffindor prefect for your year.”

Rose shrugged, “Well, I guess I didn’t impress McGonagall. No big deal, Mum. That just means I don’t have to bother with all that patrolling and those meetings. It also means Neville and I can have some time alone together on the train while Harry and Hermione are in their first meeting.”

“I don’t think you’ll be that lucky, Rose,” Harry said, “Ron will probably be there with you, and maybe Maggie and Ti.”

Rose groaned, “Maybe I can get him to leave us for a while and visit Dean and Seamus.”

“Harry,” Ginny’s voice came again into Harry’s mind, “Our letters just arrived. I’m a bit nervous now.”

“It’ll be okay, Gin,” Harry told her, “I won’t mind if you’re not chosen as prefect.”

Harry opened his connection with Ginny so he could watch through her eyes. The familiar kitchen of the Burrow appeared in his consciousness. He could feel Ginny’s hand trembling slightly as she took hold of the envelope with her name on it. He felt her eyes widen as she noticed the extra weight of the envelope. Hands still trembling, she opened the envelope and tipped the contents into her hand. Along with her letter was a golden badge, identical to the one in Harry’s hand.

He heard Molly squeal in delight. The next moment, he felt Molly hug her daughter tightly. It felt a bit weird.

“Oh, well done, Ginny,” Molly said, “I just knew you’d make Prefect, just like Bill a-and P-Percy.” Molly sniffed, probably remembering her third son who still wasn’t in contact with the family.

Harry felt Ginny scowl. “That foul git,” Ginny thought. Harry didn’t say a thing, knowing that it was a sour point with his love and her family that Percy had still not made contact with his family even when his benefactor, Fudge, was out of office. No one had any idea what he was doing.

Then Ginny glanced at Ron who seemed to have gone pale. “Ron, what’s wrong?” Ginny asked, “Something wrong with your letter?”

Ron looked up to her with wide eyes and showed her a golden badge with the words ‘Quidditch Captain’ on it. “I can’t believe it,” he said, “He shouldn’t have.” He got up and went to the living room and its fireplace.

“Ron,” Ginny called as she followed him, “where are you going?”

Ron didn’t answer directly but threw some Floo powder into the fireplace after igniting it. “Potter Manor,” he called out after stepping into the green flames.

Ginny’s eyes widened, “Uh oh, Harry, I guess we’re on our way there. You better know what to tell him.”

“I’ll be waiting, Gin,”
Harry answered. “I know just what to say.”

A couple of seconds later, he heard the distinct sound of someone flooing in. A second after that, Ron came bursting into the Potters’ kitchen.

“Potter, what the hell is this?” Ron said, shoving the Quidditch Captain badge into his hand.

“Why, it looks like the badge for the Gryffindor Quidditch Captain,” Harry said, “You have a problem with that, Ron?”

“You bet I do,” Ron said, “You should be captain, not me. You’ve been on the team since first year.”

“Yes, I have been,” Harry said, “But I’m not as well versed in strategy as you are.” He felt rather than saw Ginny enter the kitchen. “The day before we left Hogwarts last June, McGonagall and Katie Bell approached me to offer me the position. Katie said she wanted to concentrate on her N.E.W.T.s and didn’t want to be like Angelina was. I thought about it for a few seconds then told them that you’d make a much better captain since when it comes to strategy and Quidditch, you’re the best we’ve got. Hell, you beat just about everyone at chess and any of those Muggle strategy-type games.”

“But you’re the leader, Harry,” Ron said, “No one will listen to me.”

“Yes they will,” Harry said, “Everyone in Gryffindor knows your skill in strategy and knowledge in Quidditch. No one will object, especially the rest of the team. Trust me on this, Ron. Please take the position.”

“Harry’s right, Ron,” Ginny said, placing an arm around her brother. “You’d make a great captain.”

“You knew about this, didn’t you?” Ron asked.

“Of course I did,” Ginny said, “We’re in each other’s minds after all. He just asked me to keep it quiet until you get the badge.”

“Well, if that’s the way you guys feel about it, I’ll do it.” Ron said as he turned back to Harry, extending his hand, “Thanks, Harry.”

Harry took his hand and shook it, “You’re welcome, mate. You just make sure we get the Cup this year or McGonagall might make me regret giving you the captaincy.”

“Sure thing, Harry,” Ron said.

“Congratulations, Ron,” Lily said. “I agree with Harry and Ginny. You’ll do well as captain.”

“I agree with everyone, Ron,” James said, grinning, “I think you’ll give Gryffindor the best chance to win the Quidditch Cup this year.”

Ron blushed, “Thanks, Mrs. Potter, Mr. Potter. I’ll do my best.”

“I’m sure you will, Ron,” Rose said, “Though we’d have a better chance if Ginny and I are among the starting Chasers.”

“Harry,” Ron asked, “Does Katie still want to play Chaser?”

“Yeah,” Harry said, “She said she just didn’t want the hassle of the captaincy but didn’t want to stop playing. So, what do you think we should do with the team?”

“Well, I think we should do what Angelina did last year and hold tryouts for all positions except Keeper of course,” Ron said. “We’ll keep the reserve team as well.” He looked over at Ginny and Rose, “I don’t think there’s anyone as good as you two and Katie for Chaser but I want to make sure we have the best. So you guys have to try out again, okay?”

The two redheads shrugged, “Fine,” they said simultaneously.

Ron turned to Harry, “That goes for the Seeker position as well. Okay, mate?”

“Sure, Ron,” Harry said, “I can live with that.”

“Well, I think Katie’s being sensible about her N.E.W.T.s,” Lily said. “Speaking of N.E.W.T.s: how did Fred and George do in theirs, Ginny?”

“Oh, well enough, Lily,” Ginny answered, “Since they only had three O.W.L.s each, they had just that number of N.E.W.T. subjects which they passed.”

“Well, it’s not like they need them,” Rose said, “After all, they have that joke shop of theirs.”

“Yeah,” Ron said, “They’ve been working on it in the afternoons after our training. They managed to rent a building in Diagon Alley, number 95, I think. They’re calling the store Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes. What a weird name. They’re opening this weekend, just in time for the shopping rush before school starts.”

“Can we see it when we go to Diagon Alley for our school supplies, Mum?” Rose asked.

“We’ll see, honey,” Lily said, “I suppose now that you have your letters, we can go down there this weekend.”

“I guess we better do it as soon as possible,” James said, “I’ll talk to Arthur, Frank and Sirius so all the kids can go together. I’m sure Albus and I can arrange enough security. I have to warn you kids though, parts of the Alley haven’t been completely repaired yet after the Christmas attack.”

Harry and the other teens nodded, grimly remembering the dreadful sight of the burning and ruined stores last Christmas. Their somber mood was broken by a shriek from Daisy. They turned to see that Andrew had dumped his bowl of cereal on his twin.

“Andrew James Potter!” Lily scolded the two year old, “I told you not to do that to your sister.”

Then Daisy said, “Bad ‘drew!” and did the same thing to Andrew, causing the four older kids and James to break into laughter. Their amusement was cut short by the glare they all received from Lily.

“Daisy Amelia Potter!” she said, “You shouldn’t do that either. Come on, you two, let’s clean you up.” She grabbed hold of a hand from each toddler and pulled them out of the kitchen.

As Lily rushed the twins off to get cleaned up, James invited Ginny and Ron to have a second breakfast which Ron was happy to accept. Lily returned a few minutes later and sat the twins down again with a fresh bowl of cereal which they ate without much of a mess.

By the time the Potters and their guests were done eating, Hermione had arrived with Daniel and the three toddlers happily ambled off to play under the watchful eye of Blinky. Hermione was very pleased that Ron would be Quidditch Captain, adding that it would give him the same status as a prefect. Lily and James said goodbye and left to Apparate to the Ministry together.

Neville, Maggie and Ti soon arrived as well and congratulated Ron for becoming Quidditch Captain. They agreed with Ron’s plan to hold tryouts for all the positions except for Keeper on the regular team.

The eight teens then speculated on who the Defense against the Dark Arts teacher would be for the coming term. With James becoming Minister of Magic, the position was vacant again. They hoped whoever Dumbledore hired would be as good as James and Moody had been.

Dumbledore then arrived and skillfully deflected their inquiry on the identity of the DADA professor before starting their training session. He had them practice casting the summoning spell both wandlessly and wordlessly. After two hours, they had all managed at least summon a pillow across the room.

They had a nice lunch provided by the Potter house elves then Ron and Ginny invited the other six teens to swim in the pond on their property. Hermione reluctantly agreed to go when Blinky assured her that he and the other house elves would take good care of Daniel. The eight teens enjoyed the afternoon frolicking in the cool water.

When Harry and Rose got home, Lily told them that she, Sirius and Alice had managed to get Saturday off from their jobs so that they could go with Molly to accompany them to Diagon Alley.

The next day, they again practiced wandless and wordless casting of the summoning charm and also practiced the banishing charm as well. In the afternoon, Rose again went into an astral trance and went forward in time including the upcoming weekend but didn’t detect any attacks. It had been the same all week as if the Death Eaters were lying low. It seemed suspicious but they were hopeful that it meant some peace for a while.

The following Saturday, eight teens and four adults met at the Burrow and used the fireplace in the living room to Floo into the Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes. Sirius was first followed by Lily then Molly, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Harry, Neville, Maggie and Ti. Alice went last to seal the Burrow’s fireplace while they were out. Dumbledore had fixed the fireplace of Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes so that only people authorized by the twins could enter the store that way.

Harry managed to step out of the fireplace without tripping over his feet. He saw that they were in a slightly dark room that was curtained off from the main store. From the sounds he could hear behind the curtain, it seemed that the store was full of customers.

To the right of the fireplace, he saw a set of stairs leading up, probably to the twins’ living quarters above the store. The room had several shelves on two sides lined with products he didn’t recognize from the ones he had seen them testing over the years. There were hats, cloaks, gloves, mirrors, and a number of strange horn-like objects that seemed to be trying to walk quickly out of sight.

Fred was there to greet them, wearing a set of magenta robes that clashed brilliantly with his hair. Harry noticed that Molly looked at the robes with disgust for a moment but didn’t say anything. Sirius just stood to the side with a wide grin on his face.

“Hello, Harry,” Fred said, grabbing his hand and shaking it. He looked toward where his mother was now busy cleaning the soot from Ginny and Hermione. When he spoke again, his voice was much lower, “Glad you could drop by, oh benefactor of ours. You can take anything you want with no charge.”

“No way, Fred,” Harry protested, “I’m willing to pay for whatever I get.”

“Tut, tut,” Fred said, shaking an index finger at Harry, “Don’t say another word, Harry. That’s how we want to pay you back for your help. Please accept it. Just tell everyone where you got them.”

“Oh all right,” Harry said, “Fine.”

“Great,” Fred said, beaming, “Now this area is where we have our more serious line. It seems that there are a lot of Ministry employees who aren’t capable of casting a good Shield Charm, probably since they didn’t have you or your dad teaching them.” He grinned at Harry who blushed. Harry felt Ginny’s amusement and gave her a playful mental shove.

“Anyway,” Fred continued, “Your dad asked us to develop some stuff to help with that. We’ve come up with Shield hats, cloaks and gloves that can deflect minor to moderate charms, hexes and jinx. They’re of little use against an Unforgivable unfortunately but quite useful nonetheless.”

“What are those horn-like things?” Ginny asked as she walked up to them.

“Oh, those are Decoy Detonators,” Fred said, grinning, “If you want a diversion, just drop one surreptitiously and it’ll run off and make a loud noise out of sight. Here, have a few, Harry.” He tossed four of them to Harry who deftly caught them.

“Thanks,” Harry said, “Well, we’d better take a look around the store while we can. I think they want to make this whole trip a quick one.”

“All right,” Fred said, “Come on then.” He led Harry and Ginny through the curtain into the main store, Ginny taking hold of Harry’s hand.

They found the store packed with people, mostly children who were probably Hogwarts students. They saw George behind a counter and a till, accepting payment from customers for their purchases and wearing the same type of robes as Fred. They waved to him before going around the store. There were several witches wearing the same kind of robes the twins were, helping the customers around and explaining the various products.

The shelves in this part were filled with products Harry recognized like Skiving Snackboxes, Nosebleed Nougats which seemed to be the most popular, several types of trick wands and boxes of various types of quills from Self-Inking, Spell-Checking to Smart-Answer ones. There was even a product called U-No-Poo which proclaimed that it made the person who drank it constipated for a full week on just one dose.

They had to push a bit to get at the shelves due to the large number of customers there. The rest of their party was also inspecting the items for sale in the store. Harry noticed that there was even a section of the store selling Muggle items like cards and trick ropes.

“Dad would love that,” Ginny said to him. Harry couldn’t agree more, knowing the obsession Arthur had with Muggles even after all these years of knowing Lily.

“All right, kids,” Sirius said, coming up to them, “You better get what you want. Molly’s getting a bit antsy and wants to move on. I’ll round up the rest of the group.”

Ten minutes later, the Potter/Weasley/Black/Longbottom party was exiting the store with a few bags of WWW items. They looked back at the store front and were stunned. The left-hand window was full of assorted items that popped, revolved, bounced, shrieked and flashed, producing a dazzling display. The right-hand window was covered by a gigantic purple poster that was emblazoned with flashing yellow letters that advertised U-No-Poo using an allusion to Voldemort via his alias of You-Know-Who (HBP, p. 116, American Edition).

Molly looked stunned, “Oh no, they’ll be murdered in their sleep,” she moaned.

“Now, now, Molly,” Sirius said, “Don’t worry. They’ve got a brilliant security system protecting their store. There are also wards around the store to prevent any Death munchers from getting in. I checked it out. It’s as safe as the Burrow, believe me.”

“All right, Sirius,” Molly said, “If you say so. I just can’t help but worry.”

“I know how you feel, Molly,” Alice said. “I worry about Neville and Maggie being involved in all this. I also worry about how they will cope if something happens to Frank or me. But then, doing the right thing is never easy but it has to be done.”

Molly sighed, “I know you’re right, Alice, but still. How can this store be part of doing the right thing?”

“They’re bringing laughter to the world, Molly,” Lily said. “That’s important.”

“Mum’s right, Molly,” Harry said, “With all the awful things Voldieshorts and his death chewers are doing, people need to be able to laugh and enjoy some things.”

“All right, people, we need to get moving,” Sirius said. “Where do we go now?”

“Well, I think we should go to Madam Malkin’s next,” Lily said, “It’s the closest and I think almost all the kids need new robes.” They all agreed and set off.

As the group walked down the street, they noticed the gloom and tension in the air that settled in after leaving Fred and George’s store. Several of the stores damaged last December were still closed including Florian Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlor. On the walls and windows of some stores were plastered posters bearing the faces of wanted Death Eaters including Bellatrix Lestrange and her husband Rodolphus and brother-in-law Rabastan.

Sirius glowered at the images of his hated cousin, no doubt remembering what had happened to Rose and Ti during the Christmas attack. Harry saw a brief look of fear pass over his sister’s face as she looked at the image of her tormentor. Harry reached out to take Rose’s hand and give it a gentle squeeze. Rose looked back at him with gratitude in her eyes.

In spite of the presence of many Aurors, people were staying in tight groups hurrying about on their business with anxious looks on their faces. No one was going about alone.

They got to Madam Malkin’s without incident. Unfortunately, when they got there, they found Narcissa Malfoy paying for a set of robes with Draco standing near by. Madam Malkin was standing behind a counter, accepting their payment. When they turned around, both Malfoys’ eyes widened at seeing the large group that had entered the store.

Narcissa stood still, staring at her youngest son who stared back at her. The look of longing on both their faces was heart breaking to the rest of Harry’s group. Finally, unable to contain himself, Ti launched himself forward with a strangled cry, embracing his mother fiercely. Narcissa returned his embrace with equal fervor, tears running down her cheeks. Draco stood where he was, eyeing Harry and the others warily.

After a couple of minutes of watching the touching mother and son reunion, Sirius stepped forward and started talking to Narcissa in quiet tones.

*******

“Hey, Cissy, how are you holding up?” Sirius asked.

Narcissa looked up but didn’t move back from Ti. “Not bad, Siri,” she said, “Lucius hasn’t been home since Draco came home from school. It’s just Draco and me at home.”

“Have you decided yet about leaving him?” Sirius asked, “Sam and I love Ti like our own but I can tell that he misses you very much.”

Narcissa looked down, “I don’t know, Sirius. I’m not sure if Draco will go with me.” She looked at her oldest son with some nervousness.

“If you really want, you can take him with you,” Sirius said, “You just have to make sure he won’t try to contact his father.”

Narcissa looked up at him with hope in her eyes, “Really, Sirius? I’d like nothing more than to have both of my sons with me.”

“Yeah,” Sirius replied, “I just need to talk to Dumbledore and my wife about this. I’ll try to owl you in a few days.”

Sirius then noticed that Draco had come closer to them while they were talking, close enough that he might have heard everything which he probably had since the boy now had a furious look on his face. Sirius quickly pointed his wand at Draco and shouted, “Obliviate!” He quickly did the same thing to the shop matron behind the counter.

Harry and the others stared at Sirius in surprise while Ti and Narcissa backed away from Sirius. Ti was glaring at Sirius while Narcissa had an alarmed look on her face.

“Why did you do that, Sirius,” Narcissa asked.

“Draco had an angry look on his face,” Sirius said, “He might have heard everything. I don’t think he’ll be happy to leave Lucius. It might not be a good idea now to bring him with you.”

Before Narcissa could say anything further, Lily came up to them. “Why the hell did you Obliviate Draco, Sirius?” Lily demanded.

“Sorry, Lily,” Sirius answered her in a low tone, “I was talking with Narcissa about leaving her Death Eater husband so she could be with her youngest son. I’m not entirely sure about Draco’s allegiance so I think it best he doesn’t know about his mother’s plans. I had to obliviate Madam Malkin to make sure no one else knew that Cissy and Ti met here. It’s safer that way.” He turned back to Narcissa. “Look, Cissy, I’m sorry for doing that to Draco but at least this way he can’t tell his father your plans until it’s too late for dear old Lucius to stop you. We’ll sort it out with Madam Malkin. You and Draco go on back to Malfoy Manor.”

Narcissa sighed, “All right, Sirius. I can’t do anything about it now.” She embraced Ti again and whispered to him, “Stay safe, my boy. I hope to see you in a few days.”

Ti returned her embrace but his angry eyes were still on Sirius as he replied to his mother, “I hope so, Mum.”

Narcissa stepped away from him then reached out to take one of Draco’s hands. The older boy still looked dazed as his mother dragged him out of the store.

Once his mother had left, Ti turned to Sirius. “Why the hell did you do that?” Ti demanded, “You could have damaged his mind.”

Sirius scoffed, “I’ve done that a few times with no effect on the person I Obliviated other than a bit of confusion after. Didn’t you hear what I told your mother? If Draco tells your father that she’s planning to leave him, he’ll either lock her up with a couple of guards or kill her. I don’t think you want either option.”

“Well maybe he won’t tell him,” Ti said, “I could have asked him not to tell Father.”

Sirius sighed, “You really think he’ll listen to you, Ti? I don’t know what nonsense he’s been giving you for the past year but he’s just as bad as your father. I think he’s going to end up just like him, dead or in Azkaban for life.”

“No!” Ti protested, “I think I can convince him to side with us. We’ve been doing just fine at school, talking and eating and having fun together. He even gave me this for my birthday.” He brought a lion shaped pendant Sirius had never seen before out from beneath his robes and shirt. The eyes were red rubies but Sirius had a disturbed feeling about it.

“He gave you that?” he asked Ti. He turned to the rest of the kids who had now come closer. Lily, Molly and Alice had gone over to Madam Malkin to make sure she wasn’t harmed by the Obliviation spell. “Do any of you know about this?”

The other teens shook their heads and Sirius turned his attention back to Ti.

“All right, Ti, I’m sorry for doing that to Draco,” Sirius said. “But at the time, it was my only option. I do hope your mother can bring Draco over with her. I know you miss him too even if he was a git to you all your life.”

“Well, things are better between us now,” Ti said, “Just don’t do that again, Sirius.”

Sirius simply nodded and put an arm around Ti’s shoulders, “Come on. We need to get you a new set of robes. You grew at least six inches since last summer.”

*******

The group took an hour to get the robes for the kids who needed them. They then moved to the Apothecary to get potion supplies. After a stop at Eeylops Owl Emporium to get some treats for Hedwig and Errol, they went to Flourish and Blotts to get the kids’ books.

They had a late lunch at the Leaky Cauldron before Flooing back to the Burrow, which Molly Apparated there first to open the Floo connection. Sirius left to take Ti’s things back to Grimmauld Place and Alice brought Neville and Maggie’s purchases back to Longbottom Mansion. The eight teens spent the rest of the afternoon practicing their animagus forms. Harry and Ginny only used their tiger forms, preferring to transform to their magical forms in the larger grounds of Potter Manor.

Sunday was spent with their respective families. Harry and Rose enjoyed a nice day playing with their twin siblings and parents in the garden.

Later that night, James and Lily attended an Order of the Phoenix meeting and came home with some good news from Snape. It seemed that Voldemort had been furious over the interceptions of his attacks and decided to suspend them until he had found out how the Aurors had known where the attacks would occur. The Dark Lord had tortured several of his followers in an effort to ferret out a spy to no avail. Rose was happy to hear the news but insisted on continuing her Astral voyages to make sure there were no surprises.

The eight training teens resumed their wandless and wordless magic sessions the next day. This time, they had some duels using the new techniques. Since they were still not as good as with their wands, the duels lasted shorter than usual. Nevertheless, Dumbledore praised them on their efforts and gave them advice to improve themselves.

The week passed quickly and it was Sunday again, but it was a special Sunday since it was Ginny’s birthday. A celebration with close friends was to be held at the Burrow and was set at lunchtime.

Of course, Harry came over right after breakfast. Rose was still asleep, getting some much needed rest after going forward in time a full week in search of Death Eater attacks. She found none.

Harry and Ginny went out to the clearing in the middle of the woods on the Weasleys’ property, the same clearing where they had driven off a couple of Dementors exactly two years before. This time, there were no Dementors, just them. Harry cast a Silencing charm, a Repelling charm and a few alarm spells to alert them if anyone came close. Then they spent an enjoyable two hours exploring each other, leaving them breathless and a bit sweaty at the end. After a few cleansing charms, they sat down with Harry’s back to a tree and Ginny sitting in between his legs and leaning against his chest. She confided to him that this was her favorite position. He confessed that he liked it too.

Harry then brought out a small box. “Happy Birthday, darling,” he said, handing it to her, “I hope you like this.”

“Oh, Harry, I’ll like anything you give me,”
she replied.

Ginny opened the box. Inside was a gold locket set with a single ruby and emerald in the center and attached to a golden chain. Around the two gems, the words Now and Forever were engraved. Ginny felt tears prickle her eyes. Her hands shook a bit as she opened the locket. On the left half was a picture of Harry and on the right half was a picture of her. The two were beaming at each other and blowing kisses every so often at each other. On the back, 1876 was engraved near the bottom.

“It’s lovely, Harry,” she said, beaming up at him, “Thank you. Please help me put it on.”

Harry helped Ginny with the clasp of the chain and tucked it in between her breasts.

“I found it in Potter vault,” he told her, “It belonged to my great grandmother Amanda. She was married to Dad’s grandfather, Harrison Potter. I think they named me after him though they kept it simple with Harry. Can you imagine it if I was named Harrison James Potter?”

Ginny giggled, “That’s much too formal. I like Harry better.”

“Me too,”
Harry said then he kissed her on the top of her head which was just under his chin. They just sat like that for a few minutes before Harry looked at his watch.

“Merlin,” he said, “It’s past noon. The rest of your guests should be here soon. We’d better get back before they send a search party for us.”

They got up. Harry cancelled the charms and they walked back to the Burrow walking close to each other, hands around the other’s waist.

When they got to the Burrow’s garden, they saw that one long table was set up with places for twenty people. Another one was covered with several types of food. The rest of the New Marauders were already there. They rushed forward to greet Ginny.

Harry hung back, allowing his bond mate to have her moment. His parents came up to him and he exchanged greetings with them. Sirius came with Sam and Lizzie. Remus arrived, holding hands with Tonks. James and Sirius looked at Remus with identical grins on their faces. Lily and Sam looked sternly at their husbands, in essence forbidding them from giving Remus any smart comments. The two Marauders sighed and just shook hands with Remus.

Then they heard the sound of the fireplace indicating someone arriving via the Floo. A few seconds later, Professor Dumbledore stood in the doorway of the Burrow. He looked around and saw Ginny.

“Dear Ginny,” Dumbledore said, his eyes twinkling in merriment as he walked over to her, “I wish you a very happy birthday.”

“Thank you, Professor,” Ginny said.

“I brought a special guest as a birthday gift,” Dumbledore said, “Though I believe his appearance here would be a gift to your whole family. Before I reveal him, let me just say that this person has had a big change of heart. After the attack on Diagon Alley, he realized that his family was more important than any job. He approached me and offered to help the Order since he was in a position to spy on the activities of the former Minister of Magic. He provided us with valuable information that enabled me to thwart several ill-advised moves of Fudge before he was voted out of office.”

Harry could feel the apprehension, dread and hope warring in Ginny’s mind as he moved next to her. He had a feeling about the identity of the special guest but didn’t say anything. He glanced at the other Weasleys. From the looks on their faces, ranging from suppressed joy on Molly’s to anger and uncertainty on Ron’s, they also had guessed who it was that James had brought.

“He’s sorry for all the hurt he’s caused you and your family and wants to be accepted again,” Dumbledore said. Then turning to the doorway, he drew his wand and said, “Finite.”

Everyone turned their attention of the doorway. Like a mist lifting, a tall redheaded man with horn-rimmed glasses appeared there.

“Percy!” Molly cried as she rushed forward to embrace her third child.

Percy rushed forward also and hugged his mother tightly, muttering, “I’m so sorry, Mum,” as tears started running down his cheeks. The other Weasleys eyed him warily.

James then spoke up, “I’m sorry for not telling you earlier, Molly, Arthur, but I retained Percy as my secretary. He asked me not to tell you until Dumbledore thought it would be safe for him to rejoin his family. You should be proud of him.”

Arthur stepped forward and joined his wife in hugging their son. “Welcome home, son,” Arthur said.

“Go on, Gin,” Harry said, pushing his bondmate gently forward.

Ginny moved forward to embrace her brother.

That spurred their other Weasley children to come forward and greet their estranged brother.
Reviews 668
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear