Search:

SIYE Time:5:20 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophesized Six
By bengpotter31

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Neville Longbottom, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 668
Summary: This is the sequel to my previous story, Harry Potter and the Twists of Fate, starting off a few hours after the last chapter. Harry and his friends are now aware of the part they will play in the coming war. Can their friendship and love hold them together or will they allow jealousy and uncertainty to pull them apart, allowing Voldemort to win?
Hitcount: Story Total: 327482; Chapter Total: 5990





Author's Notes:
Here’s the next one. Sorry for the longer wait but work took over most of my writing time for the last two weeks. Enjoy the new chapter. It’s a bit longer than usual though not much action yet. Sorry about that but there will be a bit in the next one which is already being written. Please review.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 35: A breakaway

Harry smiled as he watched the Weasleys together for the first time in almost two years. Percy was sitting in the middle of the long table in the Burrow’s garden surrounded by his parents and siblings, catching up with them in the aftermath of Ginny’s birthday dinner. All the guests except for the Potters had already left.

Harry could see the joy on Ginny’s face. Percy had protected her from Fred and George’s pranks when they were younger. Harry remembered seeing that whenever he and Rose were over at the Burrow. Through their bond, he knew how much Percy’s siding with the Ministry had hurt his love. His return to the fold had made her birthday a special one.

“Very touching isn’t it?” his father’s voice came to him from his right side. Lily was right beside him, holding his hand.

Harry turned to face his parents. “Yeah, it’s made Ginny’s day, really. I’m glad he’s back with them.” He paused for a moment before adding, “I can’t believe you kept it a secret for six weeks, Dad.”

James smirked at his son, “Well, it was hard not to say anything to your mum. It was even harder not to tell you. But knowing Ginny would almost certainly find out if I did, I had to. We needed to keep him safe for a while longer.”

“Did he apologize for what happened last summer with that idiotic pamphlet?” Harry asked.

“Yes, he did,” James answered with a serious expression before breaking out into a grin, “I forgave him for it when I was assured by Albus that he was truly sorry. Of course, that was after I did something to him. Now don’t look at me like that, Lily. It wasn’t anything bad. I just turned his hair green for a full day. Don’t worry. He was in my office the whole day so no one saw him.”

Lily sighed, “At least you had the sense to keep him out of sight then. I don’t know what the people would say if they knew their new Minister pranked an employee.”

James just shrugged his shoulders and grinned.

“I can’t believe no one told Arthur that Percy was still the Minister’s secretary,” Harry said. “How’d you do that?”

“Oh, Albus cast a spell that altered his features while in the Ministry,” James said, “Only Albus and I could see what he really looked like. We even gave him a false name: Parker Williams, same initials but totally different names.”

“I think we should get going,” Lily said, “Let the Weasleys have some privacy to enjoy their reunion with Percy.”

“All right, Mum,” Harry said, “I’ll let Ginny know.” He reached out to Ginny’s mind. “Love, we’re going home.”

Ginny immediately got up and walked over to the Potters. She turned to Harry’s parents. “Thanks so much for coming. Thank you, James for helping Percy.”

“You’re quite welcome, Ginny,” James said, “I wouldn’t be as good at being Minister if your brother and his organizational skills weren’t helping me.”

Rose, who was holding the twins’ hands, handed them to her parents and hugged Ginny goodbye. “Happy birthday, Ginny, only two more years ‘til we’re of age, I can’t wait. See you tomorrow.”

Ginny bent down to hug Andrew and Daisy who hugged her back. “Wuv you, Gin,” Daisy said. Ginny broke into a smile and hugged her again as she said, “I love you, Daisy, you and Andrew.”

Lily and James exchanged farewells with the rest of the Weasleys. Bill came up to Harry.

“Harry, Fleur sends her regards,” Bill said, “She’s sorry she missed your birthday and Ginny’s.” Fleur had gone home to France near the end of July to visit her sister who had contracted Dragon Pox.

“That’s all right, Bill,” Harry said, “Is Gabrielle okay?”

“Yes, she’s much better,” Bill said, “Fleur will be coming back in a few days to spend two weeks here, getting to know Mum. She hopes to see you.”

“Well, I’m sure I’ll be around,” Harry said, grinning, “Your sister will make sure of that.”
He turned to Ginny who extended her hand to him. Harry took hold of it and kissed it. Ginny pulled him to her and pressed her lips to his, eliciting a few cries of dismay and protest from her brothers which the young couple ignored.

“’Bye, sweetie,” Ginny said to him after pulling back, “Thanks again for the locket.”

“You’re welcome again, love,”
Harry said. They shared one more passionate kiss before Harry and the rest of the Potters entered the Burrow to Floo back to Potter Manor.

The next day, the New Marauders met again after breakfast with Dumbledore in the training room of Potter Manor. They gathered in a semicircle on the floor while the Headmaster sat in a comfortable armchair he had conjured.

“You’ve all improved immensely with your wandless and wordless magic,” Dumbledore said, “I’m so proud of you. Now, we’ll take a break from that and concentrate on something both old and new. You all have experience with the Patronus charm. There is another use for the charm aside from chasing off Dementors and Lethifolds. It can also be used as a means of communication.”

He drew his wand and said, “Expecto Patronum!” A silver phoenix erupted from his wand. The eight teens looked at it in awe. The Patronus flew around a little before hovering in front of the Headmaster. He whispered something to it. The Patronus then flew up to Harry who was at one end of the semicircle.

Harry was surprised to hear the Patronus speak to him in Dumbledore’s own voice, “Patronus message to Harry Potter.” A few seconds later, the Patronus faded away.

“That was brilliant, Professor,” Harry said.

“Thank you, Harry,” the elderly wizard said, “Now it’s your turn. First, I’d like you to take a few minutes to review casting the Patronus.”

The eight teens lined up and simultaneously cried out, “Expecto Patronum!” They looked with pride at the eight silvery forms that started walking around the room.

“Excellent,” Dumbledore said. “Now, I want the eight of you to pair off. Each pair will stand at opposite ends of the room and attempt to send messages to each other. I’m sure you will all master it within the next two hours.”

Dumbledore’s estimate proved to be pessimistic. The eight teens of the New Marauders managed to master the messenger form of the Patronus within an hour. They spent the other hour having their Patroni chase each other in a strange game of tag which brought a smile to Dumbledore’s face.

*******

Sirius watched the owl bearing his message to Narcissa as it soared away from Hogwarts. He had met with Dumbledore earlier that morning before the Headmaster had Flooed over to Potter Manor and finalized plans to help Narcissa and Draco escape from Malfoy Manor.

He hoped the owl would not be intercepted. It would not be good for Cissy. As to Draco, he was not sure if he would willingly go with his mother. In spite of what Ti had been telling him, he seemed too much like Lucius so he didn’t trust Draco.

There was also something about the pendant Draco had given Ti that bothered Sirius but he wasn’t sure what. After what had happened in Madam Malkin’s, Sirius was wary of asking his adopted son for permission to examine it but he had talked about it with Dumbledore. Albus’ advice had been to watch Draco carefully when he and Narcissa were brought to 12 Grimmauld Place especially since, aside from being the home of Sirius and his family, it was also Headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix.

Sirius sighed. There was now nothing he could do but wait for Cissy’s reply accepting her terms. In the meantime, he would have to ask Dobby to clean up two rooms on the second floor of Grimmauld Place for her and Draco’s use.

Sighing, Sirius left the Owlery of Hogwarts to walk down to Hogsmeade so he could Apparate back to the Ministry. He was going to be late if he didn’t hurry.

*******************


Four nights later found Sirius and Dumbledore waiting in an alley near the Leaky Cauldron, both Disillusioned. Sirius looked at his watch. It was almost midnight, the appointed hour he would meet Narcissa and Draco who had been given coordinates to Apparate to.

With a crack, two cloaked figures appeared in the alley far enough from its entrance to be hidden from the view of any passersby. They looked around.

“Where is he, mother?” one of them asked, a whining tone in his voice.

“Be quiet, Draco,” the other replied in a softer, cultured voice. “Sirius gave his word that he would be waiting here.”

After waiting a few minutes to make sure no one else arrived, Sirius took off his disillusionment charm and whispered, “Narcissa, I’m here behind you.”

Narcissa turned around and moved quickly to Sirius, relief evident on her face. “Thank Merlin. I was afraid for a moment that you weren’t coming.”

“I’m here,” Sirius said. “Hello, Draco.”

Draco looked sullenly at him and remained silent until Narcissa nudged him. “Hello, cousin Sirius.”

“What do we do now?” Narcissa asked before Sirius could reply to Draco.

“We will Side-Along Apparate you to your new home,” Dumbledore said, coming out of his Disillusionment.

Narcissa and Draco looked at him in surprise. “Headmaster,” Narcissa said, “I didn’t expect you to be here.”

“You will understand in a moment why I need to be here, Narcissa,” Dumbledore said. “Now, I will go with you. Sirius will take Draco.”

A few minutes later, they Apparated into a small square, surrounded by tall apartment buildings that looked a bit dinghy and badly maintained.

Draco looked around with disgust. “Are we staying in one of those? Looks like a Muggle area.”

Sirius smirked, “Yes it is but I think your mother would know where we are.”

Narcissa looked around in confusion, “No, I don’t, Sirius, well not exactly. It all seems familiar but I can’t quite place where we are.”

“Perhaps this will refresh your memory, Narcissa,” Dumbledore said. He leaned over to whisper something in her ear. He did the same to Draco. “Now think about what I have told you and look over to your right.”

Mother and son had looks of astonishment on their faces as they saw a house pop out between numbers 11 and 13.

“I remember now,” Narcissa said, “Your old home. It looks cleaner now than I remember it. Why couldn’t I remember earlier?”

“And what was that thing about the Order of the Phoenix?” Draco asked, “What does that have to do with this?”

“We’ll explain everything inside,” Sirius said, “Come on. It’s not really safe here.” He led the way up the worn stone steps to the front door.

“You changed the knocker,” Narcissa said, a wide-eyed look on her face, “It used to be in the shape of a serpent.” The new knocker was in a lion shape.

“Of course I did,” Sirius said, “There’s no way I would have my family here if I hadn’t given it a good refurnishing and renovation. Wait until you see what I’ve done to the place.”

He tapped the door with his wand and they heard several clicks behind the door before it opened up. He did an elaborate bow, “Welcome to the new and improved ancient and noble House of Black.” He followed the two Malfoys inside. Dumbledore came after him and Sirius heard him reapplying the locks and wards.

Sirius suppressed a grin as he watched Narcissa and Draco look around the entry hall with its walls covered by bright red and gold wallpaper, modern lamps gilded with lions, and bright marble floor. Draco had a look of disgust on his face. Narcissa had a mixture of wonder and dismay on her face. She spun around to face him.

“Y-you’ve changed everything,” she said.

“Of course I did,” Sirius said, “Do you really think I’d live here with my family if it still had all the original furnishings and décor? Actually, I had it all changed when I knew Ti would be living with me. At that time, only the basement and my old room didn’t have the ‘old classic décor’. But with Ti moving in, I decided he wouldn’t need to endure the dark and oppressive atmosphere I grew up in. After all, he’s a Gryffindor just like me so I had the whole house renovated and cleaned up.”

“What exactly did it look like before?” Draco asked suddenly.

Sirius laughed, “Oh, everything shaped like serpents - the door’s knocker, the chandelier, a candelabrum on that table by the door and some old fashioned gas lamps. The wallpaper was dirty and peeling off, the floor had a threadbare carpet, there were house elf heads mounted on that wall over there, really dark and dismal.” He shuddered, “I really hated it when I lived here before so I had it all changed to this. A lot brighter and cheerful, don’t you think?”

Draco frowned, “It’s just too…too…Gryffindor.”

Sirius grinned, “Exactly the effect I wanted.”

“Now, now, Sirius,” Dumbledore said, “No need to antagonize your guests over the house’s look. However, I’d like to lay down some rules while you are here, for your safety of course.”

“What sort of rules, Headmaster?” Narcissa asked warily.

“Please come this way and I’ll explain everything you need to know,” Albus said. He led them through a doorway to the right into a small formal dining room and motioned mother and son to sit. Sirius remained standing just inside the doorway.

“First,” Albus said, “this house is under the Fidelius Charm, which is why I had to whisper that phrase into your ears to reveal the house. For your information, Draco, the Fidelius charm is a spell that hides the knowledge of something or some place inside another person who is called the keeper. Only the keeper may reveal the secret to those he or she wishes to tell.”

“Isn’t that how the Potters hid from the Dark Lord all those years ago?” Narcissa asked.

“Little good it did them,” Draco muttered. He cringed at the glare his mother gave him but not at the one Sirius leveled at him. When he remained silent, Dumbledore continued.

“Yes, it was,” he replied, “Unfortunately, their keeper betrayed them. I’m sure you know who that was. At any rate, I am the Keeper of this house’s location. That is because Sirius has graciously allowed it to serve as the Headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix. This is a group of wizards and witches dedicated to fighting Voldemort and his minions which I formed during the first war and reformed recently when Voldemort became active again.”

“So what does that mean for us?” Narcissa asked, “Are you asking us to become part of this Order of the Phoenix?”

“Not for the moment, Narcissa,” Dumbledore said, “Though I’d like you to think about it. In the meantime, I must ask you to remain in your rooms whenever we have meetings of the Order, which we hold at night, to protect both yourself and the members whose identities beyond that of Sirius and I you must not know.”

“If their identities are supposed to be secret, then why did you bring me and Draco here, Headmaster?” Narcissa asked.

“Please, Narcissa,” Albus said, “You can call me by my first name. It’s been many years since I have been your teacher.” He smiled at Narcissa’s blush. “Now to answer your question, because at the moment this is the safest place aside from Hogwarts for you both. Once the term starts, Draco will be at Hogwarts where he will be equally safe from his father. During the day, you may go anywhere in the house but you must not leave the house under any circumstances unless accompanied by Sirius or me. Do you both understand all that I have said?”

The two Malfoys looked at each other and had a whispered conversation which got heated for a little while with Draco looking mutinous. Sirius wondered if he was considering going back to his father. Finally, Draco gave a curt nod to his mother and Narcissa turned to Dumbledore. “We accept your terms, A-Albus.”

“Excellent,” he replied, “We will try to make your stay here as comfortable as we can.” He then looked at Sirius, “Why don’t you show them to their rooms, Sirius? I’m sure they’d like to settle in.”

“Sure thing, Albus,” Sirius said. “Dobby!” he called out.

A soft pop announced the arrival of said house elf. “Master Sirius called?” the diminutive creature asked.

“Yes, Dobby,” Sirius said, “Our guests have arrived. Please show them to the rooms we have prepared for them.”

Dobby turned around and squeaked. He shrank back and cowered, “M-master D-Draco? M-mistress Narcissa?”

Narcissa looked embarrassed at the house elf’s reaction. “Hello, Dobby,” she said in a soft tone, “I’m sorry for all those years we mistreated you. I never wanted to treat you like that but Lucius insisted on it.”

Dobby looked in shock at her.

Narcissa smiled, “I hope you’re better treated here.”

“Y-yes, Mistess,” Dobby said, “I is liking it here. Master Ti treats Dobby well.”

Draco snorted. Narcissa glared at him for a moment before turning back to the house elf. “Is he here? Ti, I mean?”

“Yes, Mistress,” Dobby replied, “But Master Ti be sleeping now.”

“All right,” Narcissa said, “I guess we can wait for morning to see him. Please show us to our rooms. Good night, Albus. Good night, Sirius.”

“Good night, Narcissa,” Albus said. He turned to Draco, “Good night, Draco.”

“Good night, sir,” Draco replied. He merely nodded to Sirius before following his mother and Dobby out the door and up the stairs near the end of the hall. Sirius had two rooms on the second floor prepared for them.

Sirius turned to Dumbledore, “Well, what do you think?”

“I think Narcissa is sincere in her desire to be away from her husband,” Albus said, “As to young Mr. Malfoy, I am not as sure.” Wearily, he got up. “I must be on my way. There is still much to do before the term begins on September first.”

After Dumbledore departed, Sirius went up to the fourth floor, to one of the rooms on that floor. Slowly opening the door, he peered inside.

Ti was asleep on the large bed with hanging curtains in red and gold, tangled in the covers. On the walls of the room, were the numerous Gryffindor posters and banners and the posters of Muggle biker girls Sirius had put up with permanent sticking charms when he had slept in this room a long time ago. Sirius grinned as he remembered the look of wide-eyed awe and fascination the boy had on his face on that first day Sirius had shown him the room and its décor.

He also remembered the scandalous look on Sam’s face the first time she had seen the Muggle posters, on her first morning in the house after they had gotten married. Sirius winched as he remembered the intense discussion they had had over the appropriateness of having those kinds of posters in the room of a then thirteen year old boy. Sirius had finally won the argument when he pointed out that they were permanently stuck to the wall and at least they covered all the walls and prevented Ti from putting up other similar posters, especially Wizarding type of posters of half-naked witches. Of course, now that Draco was a guest, the older boy could do just that to the room he had been given, not that he would allow it, of course.

Sirius sighed. He had no doubt as to Ti’s reaction when he found out that Narcissa and Draco were here. He also had no doubt how Narcissa would react upon seeing Ti. It was Draco he was worried about. Would his reaction be genuine? Sirius sighed again and slowly closed the door.

He went down the stairs to the master bedroom on the third floor. He entered and found his wife asleep with Lizzie by her side. Sirius smiled as he got ready for bed. At least, this was one thing he was sure of. His wife and 5 month old daughter were everything to him. He just hoped Narcissa and Draco’s presence in the house would not lead to any harm to them. He wouldn’t know what to do if anything happened to Sam and Lizzie

*******

Ti stretched as he woke up then he grimaced. He remembered that it was a Saturday, so there was no training today which meant he didn’t need to go to Potter Manor. As much as he missed Harry, Rose and Ginny, he didn’t want to see Ron beyond the New Marauders’ training hours. Occasionally, he still felt the hurt from the prank he and his twin brothers pulled on him a few months ago.

Added to that was Ron’s suspicion of Draco. Until the end of the last term, every time Ti brought Draco to the Gryffindor table for a meal, the redhead would spend the meal glaring at him whenever he wasn’t eating. Well, at least the others were willing to give Draco the benefit of a doubt.

Thinking of Draco, he wondered how his brother was doing. He hoped that Sirius’ memory charm at Madam Malkin’s had not damaged his mind. He wished he could send him an owl but the Fidelius Charm Professor Dumbledore had set up for this house prevented him from doing so. Of course, if he could have sent an owl, he could have sent one to Romilda. He grinned as he remembered the kiss they had had on the last night before leaving Hogwarts. It was great, just as great as the ones he had had with Rose. He hoped to get more of that when they got back to school.

Yawning, he took a look at the clock on the bedside table. It was already half past nine. He stretched again before getting up and heading for the toilet. Ten minutes later, fresh from a shower and dressed for a day inside, he went down all the way to the basement where the kitchen was.

As he opened the door, he saw Sam who appeared to be talking to someone just out of his line of sight. Lizzie was in her high chair beside Sam. Entering the kitchen fully, he turned to see who else was there and felt his heart skip a beat and his breathe leave his body.

“M-M-Mother?” he shakily asked. He felt stuck to the floor.

His mother smiled and got up. She came around the table and opened her arms wide.

With a strangled cry, Ti ran up to her and hugged her tightly, unaware of the tears running down his cheeks. His mother hugged him back just as tightly. After what seemed like hours but was really a few minutes, he pulled back slightly and looked down a bit at her face. That surprised him for a moment. Since when was he taller than his mother?

She looked up at him and smiled up at him. “When did you get so tall?” she asked.

He seemed to be half a head taller than her now, about 5’6”. He knew that Sirius was over 6 ft tall while Sam was about 5’9”.

He shrugged his shoulders and hugged her again. “I don’t know, never noticed before what with Sirius and Sam being so tall. When did you get here? Is Draco with you?”

“Last night,” he heard a familiar voice coming from the door, “And yes, I am.”

He turned and saw the face that was quite similar to his own smirking at him. Ti grinned back at him, “Glad you’re here, brother, you and mother.” He turned back to Narcissa and failed to see the grimace that passed on Draco’s face for a moment. Breakfast passed quickly as he talked with Sam, Draco and his mother and played a little with Lizzie. It was a perfect morning meal, in Ti’s opinion.

“So, what is there to do around here,” Draco asked an hour later.

Ti shrugged, “I usually read or play with Lizzie. Of course, during the week, I’m usually with Harry and the others at the Burrow or Potter Manor.”

“The Burrow?” Draco asked.

“The Weasleys’ house,” Ti said. He thought he saw a look of distaste on Draco’s face but it was gone before he could be sure of it.

“So, how does Potter Manor look like?” Draco asked. “Is it anything like Malfoy Manor?”

“No,” Ti answered, “It’s a great place.” He launched into a lively description of the Potters’ home though, for some reason he couldn’t put a finger on, he didn’t tell him about the Practice room or the Potions room.

“Do you think I could go over there some time?” Draco asked casually.”

Ti frowned, “Um, I’ll have to ask Harry, Rose or their dad. There’s some kind of security on it that allows only people they allow to go there or even to find the place. I think you’d have better luck going over to the Burrow. Of course, I don’t think Ron will let you. He just doesn’t trust you. Sorry about that.”

“That’s all right,” Draco said, shrugging his shoulders, “It’s understandable considering our past. It may take a while for them to get used to the new me. So, what do you guys do at those places?”

“Well, we play Quidditch,” Ti replied, “Both the Burrow and Potter Manor have an open area for that. Sometimes, we get to practice spells, especially the ones we learned in the Dueling Club.”

“Oh, yeah,” Draco said, “It’s a pity I didn’t join the club last year. I’d like to learn some of those spells.”

Ti thought for a moment, “I guess I could ask Harry about it. I’ll go over later and ask him.”

“Thanks,” Draco said.

After lunch, Ti got permission from Sam to go to Potter Manor. He used the Floo. When he tumbled out of the fireplace, he found the house silent. Wondering where everyone was, he walked through the ground floor until he came to the ballroom. Through the door to the porch, he saw Harry, Ginny, Ron, Rose, Neville and Maggie in the garden, having a game of tag. Hermione was sitting under a tree reading a book, occasionally looking up to watch the others.

Ti gulped, feeling nervous now about asking permission to bring Draco over to Potter Manor to join their dueling lessons. Hermione spotted him and waved. Ti waved back. The others saw Hermione waving at Ti and turned in his direction. Harry, Ginny and Rose broke off from their game and headed towards him.

“Hey, Ti,” Harry said, “It’s great to see you. You only come over for Dumbledore’s lessons nowadays.”

“Yeah well,” Ti said, “I haven’t felt really welcome lately.”

“You’re wrong there, Ti,” Rose said, “You’re our friend. You’re always welcome here. You can come over anytime, even if we didn’t have the wandless and wordless magic lessons.”

“Well, I only came over today because I wanted to ask you guys something,” Ti said. “You see, my mother and brother finally decided to leave Malfoy Manor and get away from Father. Sirius and Professor Dumbledore brought them to our home last night.”

“Um, that’s great, Ti,” Harry said.

“Yes,” Ginny said, “I know you miss them, especially your mother.”

“Yeah,” Ti said, “I’m so happy to have them both with us. I got talking with Draco and he’d really like to learn some of the spells we learned in the Dueling Club and I thought he could also learn wandless and wordless magic though I haven’t told him about that part yet. I was wondering if I could bring him over on Monday when we have our lessons with Professor Dumbledore.”

“Have you gone nutters?” Ron said, walking up to them, “Bring the ferret over here? Then teach him what we’re learning? He’ll just tell Voldieshorts what we’re doing. We’ll lose our advantage.”

Ti felt his cheeks heat up. “Hey! He won’t do that!” he shouted at Ron. He clenched his fists into balls. Why the hell is he so against Draco?

“Ron, shut it!” Harry said, glaring at the redhead. He turned back to Ti and said, “Look, Ti, it’s not our decision. You’ll have to ask Professor Dumbledore if Draco could join our lessons and my Dad will have to add his name to the Floo network so he could get here.”

Ti clamped down on his anger. “But can’t you tell Professor Dumbledore that you don’t mind if Draco joins us?” he asked Harry. “I’m sure if you don’t give any objections, Professor Dumbledore will let him join us.”

“Maybe,” Harry said. “You can ask Sirius to contact him so you can ask him.”

“Well, all right,” Ti said. At least he’s not rejecting it outright like Ron. What is that guy’s problem?

“Why don’t you join us, Ti,” Ginny asked. “We might play some Quidditch in a while.”

“No, thanks, Ginny,” Ti said, “I have to head back. Draco’s waiting for me.”

“All right,” Harry said, “We’ll see you on Monday.”

Ti watched them for a while as they went back to playing tag. He sighed, wishing he could stay but he didn’t want Draco to feel neglected. He took one more look at the group then headed back to the living room to Floo back to 12 Grimmauld Place.

Later that night, Sirius agreed to fire-call the Headmaster over the Floo. Professor Dumbledore came over after a few minutes. He and Ti went into the dining room to talk. Sirius closed the door firmly behind him before sitting down beside Ti. Draco was already in his room. Dumbledore listened to Ti’s request and remained silent for a few minutes.

Finally, he said, “Your idea has merit, Ti. Maybe some positive interaction with Harry and the others will convince Draco to stay on our side. You have not told him about your animagus training or the wandless and wordless magic lessons have you?

“Um, no sir,” Ti said, “I haven’t”

“Ah, that is good judgment on your part,” Dumbledore said, “I think that should continue to remain hidden from him for the moment.”

“But why, Headmaster?” Ti asked.

“The fewer people know that the less chance it will become known to Voldemort,” Dumbledore said. He held up his hand as Ti started to protest, “I’m not saying he will run off and tell Voldemort but if he were to fall into the hands of a Death Eater, it will be easy to get whatever he knows about Harry’s abilities from him. We must minimize any chances of that happening.”

“Oh, all right,” Ti said, sulkily.

“Hey,” Sirius said, “Don’t sulk. It’s already a big thing for Draco to be allowed to go to Potter Manor. I don’t think James will be happy to allow that but if Albus says it would be a good idea, he’ll add Draco to the people allowed to Floo into the Manor.”

“Excellent,” Dumbledore said, getting up, “On Monday, we will review the spells you learned in the Dueling Club and have some dueling sessions. I will go to Potter Manor to talk to James and explain things to Harry and your other friends.”

Ti and Sirius saw Dumbledore out of Grimmauld Place and retired to their rooms after a good night hug.

As he lay down on his bed, Ti felt elated that the Headmaster had agreed to his idea. He had a feeling Draco would be grateful.

*******

The next day, Harry was surprised to see Dumbledore arrive in Potter Manor after breakfast. The elderly wizard first pulled his father aside to talk on the porch. Harry and Rose played with the twins on the floor of the ballroom, covertly watching the two adults as they discussed something that their father didn’t seem to want to agree to. Finally, their father walked away from the older man and opened the door to the ballroom.

“James, please be reasonable,” Dumbledore said, “This will be of great help in turning Draco towards us.”

James turned around and Harry suppressed a gasp at the anger in his father’s eyes. “No!” James practically shouted. He took a deep breath and continued in a calmer tone, “I’m sorry, Albus. I refuse to let a Death Eater’s son enter this house.”

“You’ve let Ti enter this house,” Dumbledore quietly said.

Rose gasped. Harry was stunned by the Headmaster’s statement.

“How dare you insinuate that they are alike, Albus,” James said, “Ti is nothing like his father. You’ve seen that from the first day he arrived at Hogwarts. I’ve seen it every time I see him with Sirius. Draco, on the other hand, is too much like his father. I’ve seen that last year when I taught Defense at Hogwarts. I do not believe he can change and be brought out of the darkness.”

“Ti would disagree with you on that,” Dumbledore said. “He seems to think his brother is becoming a better person.”

“Even if that were true, Albus,” James said, “At this time, I don’t want to risk my family’s safety for the small benefit Draco’s presence here and closer interaction with Harry and his group might bring. At least, Sirius’ home is protected by a Fidelius Charm but this place is just too big for that. Being unplottable is our best defense. So, no, I do not want to add Draco Malfoy to the safe list. He will not come here. I also think it’s a bad idea for him to learn everything Harry and his friends know.”

Dumbledore sighed, “Very well, James. I will tell Ti of your decision. I daresay that he will be very angry and hurt by it.”

“I’m sorry if it hurts him, Albus,” James said, “But my family comes first.”

Dumbledore nodded again. “Well then, I bid you good day. I will be off to Grimmauld Place. Harry, Rose, good day to you.”

“Headmaster,” Harry and Rose said, together.

When Dumbledore had left, Harry turned to his father. “Dad,” he began, “I hope this doesn’t drive Ti away from us.”

James sighed, “I hope so, too. But I’m just not convinced Draco is turning away from his father and Voldemort.”

“Unfortunately, neither do we,” Harry said.

Unsurprisingly, Sirius informed the Potters later that night that Ti refused to continue his training sessions with them or to even come over to Potter Manor or the Burrow. Sirius added that he spent most of his time with Draco which worried everyone.

Harry and the others continued to have duels to practice their wandless and wordless magic. He and Ginny were finally able to fully transform into their second animagus forms. The other teens gazed in awe the first time they saw Dragon-Harry and Griffin-Ginny. For the rest of the two weeks before school, the seven teens played in the woods around Potter Manor in their animagus forms.

Rose had decreased her Astral walking sessions when there continued to be little activity with the Death Eaters. She got more rest because of that and was glad for it.

Two nights before Rose’s birthday, the Order was scheduled to have a meeting which was expected to run late. Ron and Ginny were depressed by this because all their older brothers were now in the Order as well and were included in the meeting. To get his best friend and bond mate out of their depression, Harry suggested they have a sleepover at Potter Manor with him and Rose on that night. The two youngest Weasleys were more than happy to accept his offer. To further improve their moods, it was finally decided to invite Hermione, Daniel, Neville and Maggie as well.

While the three toddlers played together, the seven teens had a fun time playing a Wizard version of Monopoly. To the disbelief of the others, Ron constantly emerged the winner.

“Hey, it’s not my fault if you guys can’t strategize,” Ron said after winning for the third time.

“Oh that’s it,” Hermione said, “We’d better put the three young ones to bed.” She glanced over to the three two year olds who were already snuggled up against each other.”

“Oh, isn’t that so cute,” Rose said.

“It looks like your mum was right that day they first did magic, Harry,” Ginny said, “Those three will be as close as the three of you.”

“Not as close as the two of us are, right Gin?” Harry asked as he bent down to carefully pick Daisy up.

Ginny didn’t reply though her face was quite red.

Fifteen minutes later, the seven teens said good night to each other and retired to Harry and Rose’s room.

*******

Rose was helping Ginny braid Maggie’s hair in spite of the younger girl’s protest that she was too old for braids when she suddenly found herself in the dark in an unfamiliar house. Looking around, she saw that she was in a room with a door to the outside on one side and curtained bay windows beside it. An opening in the next wall led to a small dining room. The room had a carpeted floor with a couch, two armchairs facing each other and a television set to one corner. Opposite to the couch was a moderate sized fireplace that wasn’t active. Moonlight filtered through the curtains to illuminate the mantel where there were several picture frames containing photos that didn’t move. Most of them had a familiar bushy brown-haired girl among the people. A clock in the middle of the frames showed it to be eleven at night.

Then there was the sound of breaking glass yet the windows remained intact. A few seconds later, the door was blown off its hinges and landed beside the fireplace. Five figures entered through the open doorway, all of them cloaked with silver death’s head masks over their faces. They quickly ascended the stairs directly across from the door. A few seconds later, there was a scream followed by two flashes of green light. The next thing she knew, she was lying on the floor of her room with the other three girls looking down on her with concern.

“Rose, are you okay?” Hermione asked, “You suddenly fell over and looked dazed. Did you have another vision?”

Rose nodded then quickly told her what she had seen. Hermione’s eyes widened as Rose described the room she had seen and the pictures on the mantel.

“T-that’s my house,” Hermione said, “What time did you say was on the clock?”

“Eleven o…oh…” Rose said, looking at the clock on her wall. It was fifteen to eleven. “Do you think it’s going to happen tonight?”

“I don’t know but it’s safer to assume it for now,” Hermione said, heading for the door, “We have to contact someone.”

“I just talked to Harry and told him what Rose saw,” Ginny said, “He’s explaining it to Ron and Neville.”

The three boys met the four girls at the head of the stairs.

“What do we do, Harry?” Hermione asked, “My parents are all alone in the house.”

“This isn’t good,” Harry said, “I hope it’s not a coincidence the Order is meeting and we don’t know where. I knew I should have at least insisted that we know where Headquarters is. Well, the first thing we do is send a Patronus message to Professor Dumbledore I’m not sure how long it will take for the message to get to him. Then, we head over to your house by Floo. We can at least delay whoever is attacking your home until the Order gets there.”

“Wait a minute,” Neville said, “All seven of us? No. Maggie, you stay here.”

“Why the hell should I?” Maggie asked.

“You’re too young,” Neville said, “You’ll just get in the way.”

“Too young am I?” Maggie asked. She swiftly pointed her wand at Neville’s face and said, “Chiropterus mucosa!”

“Yow!” Neville screamed as giant bat-shaped bogeys flew out of his nose and attacked him, “Ginny! Why did you have to teach that to her? All right! All right! Maggie, you can come! Now get these off of me!”

Maggie did the counter spell and smirked. The other girls just grinned.

Neville scowled as he wiped his face. He then turned to Rose, “Fine girlfriend you are, not even a helping hand.”

“Why should I?” Rose asked, “I happen to agree with her. She won her year level in the dueling tournament, didn’t she? We’ll be there anyway with her.”

Neville didn’t reply but continued scowling.

“Are you guys done yet?” Harry asked. “Nev, you should know by now that these girls are just as stubborn as we are. I’ve sent the Patronus message to Professor Dumbledore while you and Maggie were messing about. We’d better get to Hermione’s home. Come on.”
Reviews 668
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear