Search:

SIYE Time:8:30 on 28th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophesized Six
By bengpotter31

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Neville Longbottom, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 668
Summary: This is the sequel to my previous story, Harry Potter and the Twists of Fate, starting off a few hours after the last chapter. Harry and his friends are now aware of the part they will play in the coming war. Can their friendship and love hold them together or will they allow jealousy and uncertainty to pull them apart, allowing Voldemort to win?
Hitcount: Story Total: 327461; Chapter Total: 5686





Author's Notes:
Here it is: the rest of the second battle of Hogsmeade. I hope you like it. A word of warning, there's a scene here that really is R and it's doesn't involve our favorite couple, at least not directly. Just no flames please.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 39: Another confrontation

“Bloody hell!” James cursed as Harry’s face disappeared from his mirror. That boy is going to be the death of me and his mother. James sighed. I’d better get a move on if I want him to survive long enough to get hexed by Lily. He looked at his mirror and said, “Sirius Black.”

“James, what is it?” Sirius said as soon as his face appeared on the mirror, “Look, we’re moving as fast as we can.”

“You better speed it up more, Padfoot,” James said, “if you want to have a living breathing godson in the next hour.”

“What do you mean?” Sirius asked, frowning, “Surely, Harry can handle a few Death Eaters.”

“It’s worse than that, Sirius,” James said, “It seems that the Death Eaters somehow managed to capture some if not all the Aurors we sent to Hogsmeade and set up Polyjuiced Death Eaters in their place. Somehow Harry found out about it. Harry also said Voldemort’s there.”

Sirius visibly paled, “Oh yeah, that is bad. All right, we’re moving out. I better come up with a way to tell us apart from any Death Eaters posing as Aurors. As for you, Minister, you better stay where you are.”

“Who, me?” James asked innocently.

“Don’t give me the innocent face, Prongs,” Sirius said, “It never worked with McGonagall or Lily and it certainly doesn’t work with me. I know you’d like to go down there and help out especially with Harry and Rose in danger but for Merlin’s sake, James, you’ve got a bigger job than that. You’re the Minister for Magic. If something happens to you, the whole thing falls apart.”

James sighed and nodded, “All right, Sirius, you win, for now. I’ll wait here like a good little boy. Now get going.”

Sirius snorted, “Like you were ever a good little boy. See you soon. Don’t worry, James. I’ll make sure Harry and Rose get through this…over and out.”

The mirror went back to its usual reflective surface and James leaned back in his chair. He hoped Sirius got there in time. In the meantime, he wondered how Harry had found out about the Polyjuice ploy of the Death Eaters.

Shaking his head, he looked at the papers on his desk. They contained the replies of other Wizarding governments to his requests for meetings concerning the danger of Voldemort. With the capture of the foreign wizards in the attacks in the last few months, it seemed that Voldemort was recruiting from other European countries. He may be planning to extend his power beyond Britain. In that regard, he needed the help of the other Wizarding governments to stifle his recruitment drives.

James looked over the replies. It seemed that the Wizarding governments of France, Belgium, Germany and Italy had accepted his request but those of Bulgaria, Russia and Romania did not see it as their affair. James frowned. The majority of the foreigners they captured were Eastern European. That meant he needed their cooperation even more.

James grimaced. This was one aspect of being Minister that he didn’t like. He hoped he could get some help from Albus but right now the elderly wizard had his hands full. Hopefully, Albus would be able to help Harry if his son happened to run into Voldemort in Hogsmeade. Be careful, Harry, he said silently.

*******

Harry, Ginny, Rose and Neville moved slowly toward the area where they could see spells being exchanged. The flashes of light would have been pretty if they didn’t know their implications. They were beside Gladrags when they saw a group of seven Death Eaters on the other side of the street looking west.

“All right,” Harry whispered, “Let’s get them. One….two…three!

“Expelliarmus! Stupefy! Stupefy! Expelliarmus!”

Their spells connected spot on and dropped four of their opponents before they even knew it. The remaining three dropped to the ground and began firing back. The four teens took cover behind trees and a bunch of trash cans.

Grabbing hold of Harry’s hand, Ginny pointed her wand at the ground between the three Death Eaters. “Reducto!” The ground erupted in an explosion that tossed the three wizards several feet in the air. They landed in a heap, clearly knocked out.

They quickly summoned the fallen Dark wizards’ wands and snapped them. Then, they bound them up. Looking around, they saw that there were several battles going on, just like the previous year.

They saw several bodies at the entrance to the street leading to the Hog’s Head. Checking them out, they found that the three were in Auror robes and dead, probably from the Killing Curse. Then they heard screams from down the road. It sounded female.

Running forward before the others could react, Harry hurried toward the screams. A few seconds later, he saw five Death Eaters gathered in a group. One of them was on top of someone who appeared to be in Hogwarts robes. The other four seemed to be laughing but Harry couldn’t hear them over the screams of their victim. Harry then realized that the wizard on the ground had his pants were bunched around his knees and he was moving his hips back and forth.

Harry felt fury and outrage course through him. He cast a bludgeoning curse to the back of the raping Death Eater which flung the dark wizard completely off his victim. His head struck a large rock on the side of the street with an audible crack and he lay still in a heap on the ground.

Before the other four Death Eaters could react, Harry threw a bone breaking curse at the arm of one and another bludgeoning curse at another one’s side. At the same time, two more stunners from the side hit the last two. Stunners came from behind Harry to hit the ones Harry had cursed, knocking them out. Harry looked to the side where the first stunners had come from and saw Luna and Colin running up to him.

Not sparing them another glance, he rushed forward to the first Death Eater, still furious at the man for raping a student. He found the man dead, probably due to a cracked skull. Harry took a deep breath. He was a bit shocked but his father had told him that killing someone was never right though sometimes became unavoidable in the course of saving an innocent life.

He heard the others running up behind him. He heard Neville curse and Rose say, “Oh my God!” He turned around and felt his lunch coming up his throat. Curled up on the ground in a fetal position with her ripped up robes tightly wrapped around her was Melinda Pipper. Harry could see drops of blood on the ground next to her.

Harry could feel the shock, anger and grief coming from Ginny as she knelt beside her friend with Rose on the girl’s other side. Harry felt a hot rage inside of him. He pointed his wand at one of the bound and unconscious Death Eaters.

“No, Harry!” Neville cried out, grabbing hold of Harry’s arm, “It’s not worth it.”

Harry turned to him, still furious, “Why not, Neville,” he said, “Look at what they did to her.”

“You’ll go to Azkaban if you kill them,” Neville said, “The one who was doing it is dead already.”

“Then, I’ve got nothing to lose,” Harry said, “I’m already a murderer.”

Harry felt himself spun about and a sudden stinging pain hit his face. His hand flew to his face and he winced as he touched the cheek Ginny had slapped. He looked up and was stunned to see her looking at him with fury and tears in her eyes.

“Don’t you dare say that, Harry,” Ginny said, “You didn’t kill him, he hit his head on the rock so you’re not at fault. So don’t do anything that will make what happened to Melinda even worse. You said you have nothing to lose. What about me? If they send you to Azkaban, even for killing a Death Eater deliberately, what do you think that will do to me?”

Harry deflated. His heart almost broke from the feelings he was getting from Ginny. He dropped his wand and drew Ginny into a hug. “I’m sorry, Ginny. I just feel so angry that they would do such a foul thing to her.”

Ginny hugged him back tightly, “I know. I do too but taking out our anger on them is wrong. It makes us no different from them.”

Harry sighed then kissed Ginny on the forehead before pulling back from the hug but not letting Ginny go completely. He turned around to see Melinda being comforted by Rose and Luna.

“H-how is she?” he quietly asked Ginny.

“Clearly traumatized,” Ginny said, “She needs to be brought to the Hospital Wing as soon as possible so Madam Pomfrey can check her out and get her to sleep.”

“We still need to find Hermione, Ron, Ti and Maggie,” Harry said. He turned to Colin who was standing next to him clearly uncomfortable, “Colin, can you and Luna get her back to the castle?”

“I think so, Harry,” Colin said, “We can cut through the woods.”

“Wait a minute,” Harry said. He reached into his pocket to withdraw his invisibility cloak. He had brought it along to ensure he and Ginny got some time alone without being bothered. Ginny raised an eyebrow when she saw it but merely smirked. Harry’s mind was suddenly assaulted by images of what they could have done under the cloak in the woods.

“Gin, not now,” Harry said to her through their link. She didn’t reply but just grinned.

Harry looked back at Colin who looked confused at him. Handing the younger boy the cloak, he said, “Take this. It’s an invisibility cloak. It’s large enough to fit all three of you. Just take it slow.”

Colin’s expression changed to one of awe and he visibly swallowed, “Gee, thanks, Harry. I-I promise t-to take good care of it a-and give it back to you when you’re back in the castle again.”

“No worries, mate,” Harry said, “Just stay safe.”

Colin bent down to talk to Luna quietly. Luna nodded and, with Ginny and Rose’s help, managed to get Melinda to her feet and under the cloak. Colin then went under the cloak and the three students vanished from sight.

Harry took another deep breath and turned back to the other three Gryffindors, “All right, we’d better move on back toward the station.”

“Harry,” Rose said, “Why don’t we use the Patronus charm to send a message to Ron or Hermione? You can have it whisper the message to them so no one else will hear it.”

“Good idea, Rose,” Harry said. He raised his wand and firmly said, “Expecto Patronum!” His tiger came out of his wand. Harry said to it, “Go find Hermione. Give this message to her in a whispered tone: Where are you and Ron, Hermione? We’re here near the Hog’s Head but will go back towards the Three Broomsticks.” The tiger Patronus bowed and ran off, vanishing from sight.

Harry turned back to the others. “Let’s go slowly after it. I think we’d better cast some Disillusionment charms on ourselves to better cover up.”

“Good idea, Harry,” Neville said. “We’d better hold hands with Rose and Ginny so we don’t lose each other.”

“Right,” Harry said. He took hold of Ginny’s hand while Neville took hold of Rose’s. Then they cast the charms over themselves before setting out down the street.

*******

Hermione ducked back down behind a tree in front of the Post Office, the spell aimed for her slamming into the trunk. She had managed to get this far before having to take cover from several Death Eaters who were attacking one of the houses on the other side of the street. Further down the street, she could see more spells being exchanged in the area of the Three Broomsticks. She wondered again where Ron and the others were.

She took a peek out from behind the tree. Two of the Death Eaters appeared to be unconscious but the spells from the house had decreased in occurrence. She hoped that didn’t mean that some of those in the house were also down, if not dead.

Seeing that the Death Eaters were preoccupied by the house’s occupants, Hermione moved forward at a crouch until she reached another tree. Then she sent a stunner at one of the Death Eaters. The remaining three turned around which was a big mistake since it allowed whoever was in the house to hit them with various spells which took them all out.

Sighing in relief, Hermione came up to a kneeling position to try and see who might be in the house. Then she heard “Protego!” from behind her. Turning around with her wand raised, she caught a glimpse of what looked like a purple flame hitting a shield that winked out. She was then surprised to see Draco Malfoy standing several feet away in front of her, with his wand pointing at another Death Eater.

“Why are you protecting the mudblood, Draco?” the Death Eater demanded before he removed his mask, revealing himself to be Lucius Malfoy.

Draco’s answer was too low for Hermione to hear but Lucius clearly did. Whatever Draco had said incensed the elder Malfoy because his face purpled from rage and he swiftly pointed his wand at his son, crying loudly “Crucio!”

Probably surprised by his father’s action, Draco failed to get out of the way of the curse and started writhing on the floor in pain. Equally stunned, Hermione hesitated for a second then she pointed her wand at the ground under the Death Eater and cried, “Reducto!”

The ground exploded and threw the dark wizard several feet backward to land in a heap on the ground. “Incarcerous!” Hermione said, binding the elder Malfoy securely, before rushing to Draco.

The blonde boy was curled up on his side, breathing heavily. Hermione dropped to his side, taking hold of his hand.

“Draco,” she said, “Are you all right?”

“Y-yeah, Granger,” Draco said shakily, “I’m just peachy.”

“That was a brave thing you did,” Hermione said, “Casting that shield. Thanks.”

“Well, you’re welcome,” Draco said, slowly sitting up. “On hindsight, it might have been an error in judgment on my part.”

Hermione gave him a sad smile, “I guess your father didn’t care for the choice you’ve apparently made. I do know one thing. Ti will be glad you did that.”

Draco shrugged his shoulders, “I didn’t want you hit with that spell.”

Her curiosity aroused, Hermione asked, “What spell was that?”

“I’m not sure of the name,” Draco said, “but I do know it’s a nasty one that will shrivel your insides slowly, eventually killing you if you don’t get help in time.”

Hermione shivered, “That sounds really bad.”

“Believe me,” Draco, “You don’t want to be hit by it.”

They then heard a shout from behind them. Turning around, Hermione saw Ron running towards them. Upon reaching them, the redhead pointed his wand at Draco.

“Get away from him, Hermione,” Ron said, “I bet he was helping his Death Eater father.”

“Ron!” Hermione said, moving between the two boys, “Put that down. He saved my life. He cast a shield to protect me from a curse his father threw at me. Then when his father confronted him for it, Lucius hit him with the Cruciatus. Thank Merlin I managed to knock Lucius out quickly.”

Ron looked uncertainly at her before lowering his wand, “Are you sure about that? All right, all right, I believe you.” He looked on as Hermione helped Draco get up. “All right, Malfoy,” Ron said, “Maybe I was wrong about you and Ti was right. But I’ll be watching you.” Not waiting for a reply from the blonde boy who just slunk away, he placed his arm around Hermione and kissed her quickly on the lips. “Are you sure you’re all right, ‘Mione?” he asked.

“Yes, Ron,” Hermione answered, before kissing him on the cheek, “I’m quite all right. Did you come from that house the Death Eaters were attacking?”

“Yeah,” Ron said, “I was coming back from the Three Broomsticks when the Death Eaters started their attack. I got trapped there with Dean, Seamus and the family who lives there, a couple with two kids.”

“Where are Dean and Seamus?” Hermione asked.

“They’re back there,” Ron said, “The dad was knocked out by the Death Eaters.”

“Did you see any sign of Harry and the others?” Hermione asked.

“No,” Ron said, “I think he and Ginny went into the woods.”

“Ron!” Hermione said, “We have to find them. They might not even know there’s an attack on.”

“Calm down, Hermione,” Ron said, “I don’t think they’ll catch them off guard.”

“That’s not the point,” Hermione said, “They could be outnumbered. Even with all they know, they might not be able to handle it. We have to go.”

Just then, a silver tiger came up to Hermione.

“It’s Harry’s Patronus,” Hermione said.

“Where are you, Hermione?” the Patronus whispered to her, “We’re here near the Hog’s Head but will go back towards the Three Broomsticks.” It then vanished.

“Thank goodness,” Hermione said, “We better send a reply so they know where we are.”
“Expecto Patronum!” Her owl patronus appeared before her. “Go find Harry,” she instructed it, “Tell him that Ron and I are here near the post office. We’ll wait for him here.” They watched the Patronus fly off.

“All right,” Ron said, “at least we know Harry’s okay. I guess Ginny’s with him, maybe even Rose and Neville. I wonder where all the Aurors are. They were all around the village an hour ago.”

“Look,” Hermione said, pointing in the direction of Zonko’s. Three figures in Auror’s robes were approaching the shop from down the street. Hermione started waving to them. “Hey! Over here!”

The three Aurors, two men and a woman, walked swiftly toward them, their wands at the ready. When they were just ten feet away from Ron and Hermione, they brought their wands up. Before they could cast any spells at the surprised couple, four sets of red lights hit all three, knocking them out.

Ron and Hermione looked up to see Harry, Ginny, Rose and Neville running up to them.

*******

Harry ran towards Hermione and Ron, thankful that they had arrived in time, having been guided to them by Hermione’s owl Patronus. Who knew what spell the three Auror imposters were going to cast on them? Ginny tightened the grip on her hand on his. Harry glanced at her in concern. He could still feel her distress over what happened to Melissa. His attention turned back to his best friends as he, Ginny, Rose and Neville came up to them.

“Harry,” Hermione said, “What was that all about?”

“Yeah, mate,” Ron said, aiming his wand at the three false Aurors, “What’s the deal with them?”

“They’re probably Death Eaters under Polyjuice,” Rose answered for Harry, “I had a vision just before the attack started where I saw Voldemort mentioning several of his men had replaced some of the Aurors on guard duty here.”

“Y-you saw him?” Hermione asked. “V-Voldemort?”

“Yeah, she did,” Harry said grimly, “He’s somewhere near by. I can feel it in my scar.”

“Just great,” Ron said, “Old snake-face being here just about ruins the day. Ginny, are you all right? You look pale.”

“I-I’ll be fine, Ron,” Ginny said.

“What happened?” Ron asked, “You’ve fought Death Eaters before and you’ve never acted like this.”

“Ron, please, not now,” Rose said, looking a bit shaken and tired herself, “We’ll tell you later if we can but right now we better move before Riddle finds us.”

Suddenly, Harry felt an excruciating pain in his head. He dropped to his knees, shutting his eyes and clutching his forehead..

“T-too late,” he gasped, “He’s very close.”

He felt Ginny place her hands at the side of his head. He could feel her eyes had shut and she was concentrating hard. Harry felt the pain lessen to a dull ache and opened his eyes to stare into chocolate brown eyes filled with concern and love. He took a deep breath and, taking hold of Ginny’s hand, he slowly stood up. The others were gathered in a circle around them, their wands raised.

Suddenly, Harry saw a green light coming toward Ginny’s back. “Down!” he yelled as he pulled Ginny to the ground. The green light sailed past them to impact with explosive force on a tree. The air around them then filled with the flashes of spells.

Harry felt Ginny pull out of his arms but remain near him. He looked around. There were at least a dozen Death Eaters on three sides of them. The only open area was to their right, towards the Post Office.

“Get behind some cover!” he yelled at his five companions. “Over to the Post Office!”

With that, he got up to a crouching stance and started moving away, casting spells as he dodged the Death Eaters’ spells. He managed to down two of the Death Eaters over to his left with cutting and bludgeoning curses. He felt some stings as a couple of spells passed very close to him. Somehow, all of them got to the front of the Post Office without getting hit by a spell.

Ron managed to get the front door open and they all ducked inside the house. As soon as Neville shut the door, the spells stopped.

Harry noticed that the room they were in, which was the reception and receiving area of the Post Office, had scorch marks on the walls from spells and parchment strewn all over the floor.

“What are they waiting for?” Ron asked, peering outside from a window.

“I have no idea,” Harry answered, peering outside from another window. Ginny knelt down at his elbow and grasped his hand again. Harry smiled gratefully to her since it kept the pain in his scar to a tolerable level.

Then, Harry heard the same high-pitched cold voice he had heard in a graveyard sixteen months previously.

“Harry Potter, come on out. We’ll let your friends go if you come with us.”

Harry took a peek out the window. Voldemort stood just twenty feet from them, flanked by several Death Eaters. He moved to get up but Ginny refused to release his hand.

“Harry, no!” she shouted in his mind, causing him to wince even as she tugged on his arm to pull him back down, “If you go out there, he’ll kill you. Remember, if you die, I’ll follow you soon after.”

Harry sighed, “Low blow, Gin.”

“Whatever it takes to keep you from doing something stupid like surrendering to that bastard,”
Ginny answered, glaring at him. “We’re stronger together. If you have to go out there, we’ll go together.”

“No,”
Harry said, “He’ll kill you to get to me.”

Ginny ran one finger gently down his cheek, “Don’t worry, love. We can do this.”

“Come now, Harry,” Voldemort said, “I’m losing my patience. If you don’t come out, my friends will bring that building down on you and your friends.”

Just then, Harry felt his mirror vibrate in his pocket. He pulled it out and activated it. To his relief, Sirius’ face appeared on the face of the mirror.

“Sirius,” Harry said softly, “Thank Merlin. Hang on, how do I know you’re the real Sirius? What’s your daughter’s full name and who gave her nickname?

Sirius didn’t hesitate in answering, “My daughter’s name is Elizabeth Samantha Black and Ti suggested we call her Lizzy. Convinced? I know from your Dad they’ve got some of us and replaced them with Polyjuiced baddies. My men and I have blue armbands on so you’ll know we’re safe.”

“Good to know,” Harry said, “Are you nearby? Voldemort and his cronies have us pinned down in the Post Office. He’s demanding I surrender to him or they’ll bring the house down on us.”

“We’re just behind Honeyduke’s, Harry,” Sirius said, “We can see some of the Death Eaters. So far they haven’t seen us. I’ve got over a dozen Aurors with me. Now, you’ve got to distract the slimy bastard. Then we’ll take them by surprise.”

“All right, Sirius,” Harry said, “Give me a minute then come in firing hexes.”

“Okay,” Sirius said, “Over and out.” His face disappeared from the mirror and Harry pocketed it. He then turned to Ginny and the others. “You guys heard?” When they nodded, he continued, “Good. We just need to gain their attention for a few seconds. Just follow my lead”

“All right, Potter,” Voldemort said, “Have it your way….”

“Hold it!” Harry shouted, standing up to show himself, “We’ll come out. Just hold your fire.” He headed out the door, followed by the others.

“I’m glad you saw it my way, Harry,” Voldemort said, “Now, drop your wands on the ground and you come here beside me, Harry.”

Harry dropped his wand to the ground and started walking towards Voldemort who was casually watching him with his wand slightly raised. The Death Eaters around Voldemort were more alert but their attention was focused on Harry’s friends who were slowly putting their wands on the ground.

When he was halfway to the evil wizard, Harry quickly transformed into his tiger animagus form and leaped at Voldemort. Surprised by the sudden change, Voldemort didn’t get to cast a spell before Harry/tiger was on top of him. In his animagus form, Harry found that his scar didn’t hurt at all. With great relish, he started raking his claws over his nemesis’ face and body.

The Death Eaters were just as surprised to see their master attacked by a tiger out of nowhere. They stood around watching the scene with dread and confusion. Just as one of them finally aimed his wand at Harry/tiger, a flurry of hexes struck them from behind and they turned their attention to finding the source of the hexes. Ginny and the others joined in the fighting.

Meanwhile while screaming in pain and fury, Voldemort had finally managed to place his wand under the body of the animagus attacking him. “Stupefy!” he roared. The spell was strong enough to hurl Harry off of him.

Harry landed on his feet a few feet from him, right beside his wand. Transforming quickly, he grabbed his wand and managed to dodge the next curse Voldemort threw at him.

“Impressive, Harry,” Voldemort said, “I didn’t expect someone your age to become an animagus. Too bad it will all go to waste when I kill you. Avada Kedavra!”

Harry threw himself flat as the Killing curse sailed over his head. Unfortunately for Voldemort, it stuck one of his Death Eaters who fell dead. “Bad luck, Tom,” Harry said, “You need to work on your aim.”

“Insolent brat,” Voldemort said, “I’ll show you how good my aim is.”

He and Harry started throwing curses and hexes at each other, alternately dodging and throwing shields against their opponent’s spells. Occasionally, some of the less lethal hexes found their target. Their robes were soon ripped in places. They didn’t seem to notice and continued their casting at each other.

Finally, Voldemort managed to cast a Reducto curse a spot just as Harry landed there after dodging a previous spell thrown at him. The resulting explosion threw Harry several feet in the air to land on his back, knocking the wind out of him and causing him to see stars.

Harry shook his head to clear his vision as he struggled to regain his breath. He heard his opponent gleefully yell out “Avada Kedavra!” He looked up in horror as the familiar green light headed for him, too stunned to try and dodge. Then, on the edge of his consciousness, he heard Ginny shout, “Accio boulder!”

A large boulder flew into the path of Killing curse, shattering as it took the force of the spell. Fine dust obscured the area, giving Harry time to roll to his feet. He then felt a small warm hand enclose his. Ginny was at his side, glaring with hate at Voldemort who was looking at them with interest.

“You git!” Ginny said in his head, “I told you we’re stronger together.”

“Sorry, love,”
Harry replied, “I was distracted.”

Further talk was prevented by Voldemort speaking. “Well, well, Potter,” Voldemort said, “Who do we have here? Oh, I believe this is the lovely Ginevra Weasley. Hello, my dear, I heard you and my diary got well acquainted with each other. Even though it was a failure in its original purpose, it was amusing to hear what havoc it wrought before it was destroyed. I do hope you enjoy the attention and knowledge my younger self probably gave you.”

Harry was surprised by how tense Ginny suddenly became. He saw several vague images flash through their mind before Ginny put a barrier between his and her mind, cutting of the images which looked disturbing. “You slimy bastard,” she shouted at Voldemort, “How could you have been so sick at that age?”

Voldemort laughed, a cold and sick laugh, “It was enjoyable, even if it was for a short time.”

Harry felt confused by the topic of their conversation but before he could say anything, Ginny let out a loud scream, pointed her wand at Voldemort and cried, “Diffindo!”

The spell caught Voldemort across the chest, slashing his robes and causing a deep gash from left shoulder to right hip. Voldemort stumbled backward from the force of the spell but regained his footing.

He opened his mouth but before he could say anything, Harry began casting spells at his nemesis. Ginny added her own barrage of spells a second later. Their spells were coming at the Dark Lord so fast that he could only dodge out of the way. Finally, two stunners hit Voldemort simultaneously, throwing him several feet into the air to land heavily behind some bushes.

Harry and Ginny started to move to where the evil wizard had landed but three Death Eaters appeared in front of them, forcing the bonded couple’s attention away from their prey.

“Stupefy!” Harry cried, knocking one of the Death Eaters down. At the same time, he saw Ginny send a total body bind at a second one which disabled him. Then he heard a scream from Ginny along with a sensation of intense pain through their bond. He realized from the bond that the remaining Death Eater had hit her with a cutting hex across one leg which started to bleed profusely.

“No!” Harry screamed. He felt the blood pounding in his ears as he turned to the Death Eater who had hurt Ginny. He sent a bludgeoning curse and a bone breaker curse at the Death Eater in rapid succession, hitting the dark wizard on the head and chest. The dark wizard collapsed to the ground without a sound.

Harry dropped down beside Ginny, cradling her against him. His stomach lurched at the sight of the blood on the ground. Gently, he parted the material of her jeans to inspect the wound. To his relief, it didn’t look deep and had stopped bleeding. Harry used a couple of spells his father had taught them for cleaning wounds.

Just as he was finishing, Sirius knelt down beside them. “Harry, is she all right?” Sirius asked.

“I think so, Sirius,” Harry replied, “It wasn’t too deep and I managed to clean it up. Episkey! There, all better.” The wound sealed up, leaving a pinkish line.

“My hero,” Ginny said, looking up at him with a smile before kissing him quickly on the lips.

Harry grinned down at her before turning back to Sirius. “Sirius, we managed to blast Voldemort over to those bushes,” he said, pointing where they had seen Voldemort land.

“So that’s what happened,” Sirius said, “Sorry, Harry, but he’s gone. I saw him there a minute ago being carried by a few of his minions then they vanished, must have had a portkey. I guess they thought it was getting too hot for them.”

“I would guess that too,” a voice said behind them.

They turned around, their wands rising to challenge whoever it was. To their relief, they saw that it was Dumbledore.

Sirius sat down with a thud, “Next time you do that, Albus, could you warn us? I almost had a heart attack. I didn’t even hear you come up to us.”

Dumbledore chuckled and a familiar twinkle shown in his eyes, “That I will do, Sirius.”

“Sir,” Harry said, “Why weren’t you and the other professors here earlier?”

Dumbledore sighed, “I’m so sorry, Harry. Unfortunately, we had a crisis of our own up at the castle. Three giants came out of the Forbidden Forest and attempted to break inside.” He raised a hand to forestall any reaction from the three. “Now, it’s quite all right. We managed to convince them to leave without harming them too badly. However, it took more than an hour to do so which I believe Voldemort was counting on so he could do as much damage here as he could.”

“Well, he tried to, Albus,” Sirius said, “But I think the students were able to hold them long enough for us to arrive and deal with them.

“Yes, they did quite well,” Dumbledore said then he smiled at Harry and Ginny who were now standing with Ginny in front of Harry, “And to you two, I say well done. I saw you fight off Tom himself.”

“Thank you, Professor,” Ginny said, “Harry was holding up against him on his own for a while but I knew it wouldn’t last. Now, I hope he’ll remember how much stronger we are together.”

Harry sighed as he wrapped his arms around Ginny who leaned back against his chest, “Yes, Gin. I won’t forget it.” He kissed the top of her head.

Sirius cleared his throat, “I have to go and direct the clean up. You two stay safe. Please make sure Ti is all right.”

“All right, Sirius,” Harry said, “Let Dad know that we’re all right.”

Sirius nodded and headed off toward a group of Aurors. Harry then turned to Dumbledore, “I guess we better find the others, Professor.”

Dumbledore nodded, “Of course, Harry, I shall return to the castle to recheck the wards. I’m afraid that there will be more attacks on us in the future.” He turned on the spot and disappeared.

Ginny sighed, “I wish we were old enough to Apparate. It’ll save us the long walk back to the gates. Using all that magic has me exhausted.”

“Gin, is your exhaustion just from the casting?” Harry asked.

Ginny looked up at him, “Of course, what else could it be?”

Harry sighed and carefully said, “Well, there’s the emotional trauma of seeing what happened to Melinda plus that confrontation with Voldemort. What was all that about the diary? What were those images I saw in your mind earlier?”

Ginny sighed, “Harry, just leave that be. I don’t want to talk about it.”

Harry felt a dozen different emotions go through her, making him reconsider pressing the issue. “All right, Gin,” he said, wrapping his arms around her, “But remember I’m here for you whenever you need to talk or even vent.”

Ginny didn’t respond but Harry felt her calm down and return his embrace. After a few minutes drawing comfort from each other, they pulled a bit away from each other.

“Let’s find the others,” Harry said before giving her a quick kiss on the lips.

They had only walked a few feet when they heard their names called out. They turned and saw Ron, Hermione, Neville and Rose running up to them. Rose seemed to be leaning on Neville’s shoulder, looking a bit tired.

“Thank Merlin you guys are all right,” Hermione said as soon as they reached them.

“Ginny, what happened to your leg?” Ron asked, pointing at the remaining blood on her jeans.

“I got hit with a cutting hex,” Ginny said, “It’s a good thing it wasn’t very deep. Harry cleaned it up and healed it.” She showed them the remaining pink scar.

“I think you should have Madam Pomfrey take a look at it and make sure it’s healed completely, Ginny,” Hermione said.

“I don’t need to go to the Hospital Wing, Hermione,” Ginny said, angrily, “I trust Harry’s skill in this.”

“It’s not like I don’t trust Harry to perform it correctly, Ginny,” Hermione said, “I just think you should make sure it doesn’t get infected.”

Just then, they heard Neville cry, “Rose!”

Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione turned around to see Rose collapsed in Neville’s arms with her eyes closed.

As Neville carefully laid her down on the ground, Harry rushed to his sister’s side. “What the hell happened, Neville?” Harry asked.

“I don’t know, Harry,” Neville replied, “We were just watching Hermione and Ginny argue when she gave a small cry and went limp. She seemed a bit tired a while ago but I thought it was from all the casting we’ve been doing.”

“Rose,” Harry said, shaking his sister. Rose’s only response was to moan and shake slightly.

“Now that I think about it,” Neville said, “I’ve noticed her being sleepier and more tired than I remember I was last year with all the studying for O.W.L.s. You don’t think she’s been doing that Astral walking thing, do you, Harry?”

Harry and Ginny exchanged a worried glance. They realized that Rose was stubborn enough to do that.

“Well,” Hermione said, “Whatever the reason for her exhaustion now, we’d better get her back to the castle and the Hospital Wing. Madam Pomfrey should be able to do something for her. Harry, can you conjure a stretcher? Then we can guide it up to the castle.”

Harry conjured the stretcher and Hermione levitated the younger girl onto it. Neville stood on one side of the stretcher and Harry stood at the other side with Ginny next to him. Ron and Hermione took their place behind the stretcher with the bushy-haired girl directing the stretcher forward. Then they started up the road towards Hogwarts.


Reviews 668
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear