Search:

SIYE Time:6:55 on 29th March 2024
SIYE Login: no


Harry Potter and the Prophesized Six
By bengpotter31

- Text Size +

Category: Alternate Universe
Characters:Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Harry/Ginny, Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Neville Longbottom, Remus Lupin, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape, Sirius Black
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Extreme Language, Sexual Situations
Rating: R
Reviews: 668
Summary: This is the sequel to my previous story, Harry Potter and the Twists of Fate, starting off a few hours after the last chapter. Harry and his friends are now aware of the part they will play in the coming war. Can their friendship and love hold them together or will they allow jealousy and uncertainty to pull them apart, allowing Voldemort to win?
Hitcount: Story Total: 327485; Chapter Total: 5728





Author's Notes:
Here’s the next one. Sorry again for the wait. I try to meet the time I give for posting but things happen that limit my writing time. Just be patient and know that this story will continue and I’ll post as soon as my beta returns a chapter. Until then, enjoy this one. I know it’s shorter than usual but I thought the last bit was a good way to end the chapter. Oh, please review. I love knowing what my readers think. Thanks for reading.




ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter


Chapter 44: Voldemort’s Memories

Upon his arrival at Potter Manor after his and Ginny’s rescue, Madam Pomfrey promptly examined and healed Harry’s leg but demanded that he and Ginny rest for at least two days which included no flying or other strenuous activities, much to the consternation of the two teens. Harry also had to take an antidote to the Cruciatus curse every 6 hours for those two days. Molly and Lily assured the matron that they would make sure their children obeyed her. In the meantime, the two teens were forced to take Dreamless Sleep potions to start their rest. At least, they were allowed to stay in the same bed.

Bill and Charlie were in more serious condition, with several broken ribs, concussions and, in Bill’s case, an arm broken in three places. Their injuries would take several more days to heal. They were placed in adjoining beds in one of the other bedrooms and Molly stayed by their side for most of that day.

Because of the attack, James and Dumbledore double checked the wards around the property just in case Voldemort somehow managed to find out the location of the manor. To accommodate the large number of people living in Potter Manor, James added another floor to the house using spells from a family collection and help from their house elves.

Sirius came by the following morning. He was saddened to report the extent of the damage to the Burrow. Most of the living room and kitchen were destroyed. There was also extensive damage to most of the bedrooms. Luckily, the famous Weasley clock was still intact. Arthur, Percy, the twins and Ron went back to gather what possessions they could since it looked like they would be staying at Potter Manor for a long while. They managed to salvage most of their families’ clothes for which Ginny was grateful.

The bonded pair enjoyed the benefits of spending time in the same bed together. Of course, they didn’t go all the way in their intimate activities lest someone enter the room while they were making love and ruin the moment for them, not to mention getting scared for life, especially if it was one of their siblings.

Neville, Maggie and Ti also visited that morning, having heard of the attack from their parents. During this time, Harry and Ginny told the rest of the New Marauders the full story of their escapade, including Harry’s foray into Voldemort’s mind. As usual, Hermione admonished Harry for his recklessness but had to agree that it was necessary. They all hoped that, whatever that blackish globe was, it would be helpful once Dumbledore saw it.

Bill woke up later that afternoon and asked his father to send a message to Fleur who was in France with her family to let her know what had happened. She would have come to the Burrow for a visit two days before New Year’s Eve. Fleur immediately sent a reply, asking if she could visit earlier to be by Bill’s side as he recovered.

With Harry and Ginny giving their full support to Fleur, James decided that it would be good for Bill to have his girlfriend over. He adjusted the wards to allow her to enter. He then asked Dumbledore for help to send instructions to the half-Veela on how they would get her.

On Sunday morning, Madam Pomfrey allowed Harry and Ginny to get out of bed but forbade them from doing more strenuous activities like flying which miffed the bonded couple. As their friends gathered around them, they noticed that Ti was missing.

Harry asked his father where their friend was and James told him that Ti was visiting his mother and brother in the safe house the Order had place them in. Harry noticed a scowl form on Ron’s face but it disappeared after a glare from Ginny. The bonded pair was glad that Ti got to spend some time with his mother and Draco, even if they were still suspicious of the latter.

The following day, in spite of the Ministry’s efforts to keep the attack on the Burrow a secret, it was front page news in the Daily Prophet. Unfortunately for James, Molly saw the article while everyone staying at Potter Manor was having breakfast in the dining room and she gave him an earful for it. It was good that few people knew where Potter Manor was or they would have been swamped with reporters. Arthur managed to get his wife to calm down before she destroyed their host’s hearing. James noted the amusement on the faces of his wife and eldest son and sighed.

Just as his hearing was recovering from Molly’s tirade, James heard the familiar sound of someone using the Floo. Hurrying to the living room, he was surprised to see Dumbledore standing in front of the fireplace, cleaning away the soot from his Floo travel.

“Albus,” James said, “I didn’t expect you here today. Care to join us for some breakfast?”

“Thank you, James,” the Headmaster said, “I am always glad to partake of a meal here.”

He and James entered the dining room and the Headmaster was greeted by everyone there. James could see that they were just as curious as he was to find out why Dumbledore was there so early. It was a bit torturing to wait while the acknowledged leader of the Light enjoyed the wonderful spread on the table. Finally, the elderly wizard pushed back his plate.

“Well, I think I may have put on a pound or two from that,” Dumbledore said, the familiar twinkle in his eye flashing like mad, “Thank you so much for inviting me, James.”

“You’re welcome, Albus,” James said, “I’m sure Blinky, Lily and Molly appreciate the compliment. Now, what brings you here so early on a Monday?”

“Ah,” Albus said, “Well, my reason for being here this morning, other than to enjoy your warm company, concerns something that happened during the Death Eater attack on the Burrow. For that, I’d like you and Harry to join me for a moment in the library.”

“Of course, Albus,” James said, “Come on, Harry.”

“Um, Professor,” Harry said, “do you mind if Ginny and the rest of our little group join us?”

Dumbledore thought about it for a moment before answering, “Your bond mate is always welcome, Harry. I guess the rest may as well.”

Harry nodded and got up to Floo-call the Longbottoms and Ti to come over. A few minutes later, Dumbledore, James, Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Rose, Maggie, Ti, Fred and George were all seated comfortably in the Potter Library.

Dumbledore then turned to Harry, “Harry, before we left the Burrow three days ago, you told me that you had managed to enter Voldemort’s mind.”

“What!” James exclaimed as he turned to his son, “How could you do something so stupid, Harry? Don’t you realize you could have been trapped there? Who knows what traps he had in his mind? What could justify such a stupid move?”

“C’mon, Dad,” Harry said, “It’s been almost three years since Voldemort came back and no one has an idea how he survived the Killing curse in the first place, not you, not even the professor here. I saw an opportunity to get into his mind without him knowing it and I took it. I know it was dangerous but I had no choice.”

“Of course you had a choice,” James said, angrily, “You could have not done that and just gotten away sooner. Look what happened because of that; You, Ginny, Bill and Charlie got into a fight with Voldemort and got hurt. ”

Harry gritted his teeth to keep his temper from making him shout at his father. “Who knows if we wouldn’t have gotten into a fight anyway, Dad?” Harry said, “Voldemort wants to kill me and will come after me any way he can, including attacking any of my friends and their families. We were lucky Rose had that vision and we were able to save Ginny and her family. They could have ended up like Lisa Turpin or Moody. Who knows who Voldemort will attack next? I want this to end before a lot more people are killed.”

“James,” Dumbledore said, “I know what Harry did was dangerous and he shouldn’t have tried it but what’s done is done. He told me he found something that may be of help. We need to look at his memory of that.”

“Very well, Albus,” James said.

“I brought my Pensieve so we can view Harry’s memory,” Dumbledore said, pulling out a shrunken version of his Pensieve from a pocket of his robes then enlarging it to normal size and placing it on James’ desk. He then turned to Harry, “Harry, if you please the memory.’

Harry concentrated on what happened in Voldemort’s mind. When he had it firmly in his mind, he said, “I’m ready, Professor.” He flinched slightly as he felt Dumbledore place his wand against his temple.

Dumbledore whispered a few words and drew the memory from Harry’s mind before depositing it in the Pensieve. He swirled the liquid memory around a bit before whispering another incantation.

A picture appeared above the Pensieve showing Harry staring at Voldemort as he whispered, “Legilimens!” The view sped toward Voldemort before going black for a couple of seconds. Then it showed the desolate plain and the fortress.

“Wicked,” Ron whispered, “That is some mean fortress.”

“It’s Hogwarts!” Hermione exclaimed.

“It can’t be,” Ti said, “It looks so cold and foreboding.”

“Hermione’s right,” Ginny said, as they watched the memory continue to move forward. “I recognize the Astronomy Tower, the Great Hall and even Gryffindor Tower but they’re all twisted in a horrible way.”

Dumbledore sighed, “I agree with Ginny and Miss Granger. This shows how obsessed with Hogwarts Voldemort is. I am not surprised as I know he considered it his first real home.”

They continued to watch in silence until they reached the part where Harry entered the Chamber of Secrets. Everyone watched intently since most of them had never been inside that secret room. Harry sensed Ginny’s unease and reached out to have her sit in his lap as he wrapped his arms around him. Ginny didn’t say anything but Harry could feel her gratitude through their bond.

“Blimey, Harry,” Ron said, “You never told me it was that scary in there.”

“Frankly, Ron,” Harry said, “I just wish I could forget that place but I guess being there finally had some use. I doubt I could have gotten inside otherwise.”

The scene in the Pensieve had reached the part where Harry was inside Slytherin’s statue. Harry could see Dumbledore studying the black globe intently. Then came the part where he touched the globe. The images Harry saw all flashed by, then the memory ended with Harry staring up at Ginny. Dumbledore stopped the memory and reversed it, freezing the picture at the moment Harry touched the globe of darkness. Then he moved it forward very slowly.

They saw a handsome dark-haired young man standing in the middle of a circle of megalithic stones, dressed in dark blue robes. Harry felt revulsion run through him and Ginny as they recognized him: Tom Riddle. He looked maybe about eighteen or nineteen, probably soon after graduating from Hogwarts. The sky above was dark with clouds. Riddle raised his arms to the sky as lightning flashed. He opened a sack at his feet to reveal a tied up lamb then drew his wand from his robes. In one swift motion, he cast a spell that cut the lamb’s throat, splashing blood around, much to the disgust of the kids and adults watching the memory.

Then the memory changed. The scene appeared to be in a large cave with a large rectangular stone block. There appeared to be a naked man none of them knew tied to the block though he looked to be in his twenties, with olive skin and dark brown hair. He also appeared to be unconscious.

A hooded figure approached the block and began chanting in a strange language. They recognized the voice to be that of Riddle. He drew his wand from his robes and pointed it at the man’s chest. His chanting started to increase in pace and volume until with a great shout, he cast a spell that ripped the man’s chest open, drawing cries of dismay from Maggie, Rose and Hermione.

The memory shifted a third time. The scene was in a different cave, larger, with a set of megaliths arranged in a circle with torches set between the blocks and providing illumination to the area. Another stone altar was in the center of the circle. This altar was not smooth like the others but had a circle depression near one end with a groove running from the depression to the edge of the stone block then down to about a few inches above the ground. A wooden bowl was on the ground.

A man approached the altar carrying a body. The group gasped as the torchlight revealed the man’s face. It was Riddle but he was bald and much paler, with a flatter nose. He laid the body on the altar and the light of the torches revealed it to be that of a teenage girl, maybe sixteen or seventeen years whose yellowish face was bruised and battered while her black hair was tangled and dirty. The soiled and bloodied clothes she was wearing made it clear that she was a Muggle. There was only the barest of movement of her chest to indicate that she was still alive.

Riddle drew his wand again and pointed it at the girl. One spell later and her throat was cut. The blood from the wound seeped into the depression, down the groove and into the bowl. Once the bowl was almost full, Riddle picked it up and began to drink from it.

Harry felt his breakfast threatening to come back up at the sight of Riddle drinking the blood. A retching sound told him that at least one of his friends couldn’t stomach the sight. The memory abruptly ended as it was shifting to another one. Harry looked back at the Pensieve to see Dumbledore shrinking it again, his face paler than usual.

“I’m so sorry, my young friends,” the Headmaster said, “I should not have let you see those scenes. I’m afraid Tom has done things more evil than I realized.”

“You should have stopped it after the first one, Albus,” James said angrily.

Harry looked over to his father to find him rubbing Ti’s back. The younger boy was very pale and had sweat all over his face and forehead. The front of his shirt was streaked with sick and there was a pile of it at his feet.

Looking around at his other friends, Harry could see that they were as equally disgusted as he was and some of them would have gotten sick as well if they saw another similar scene, especially Maggie.

“Yes, James,” Dumbledore said, “I’m sorry. I got carried away in my interest and forgot that there were children watching those horrible scenes. I will look at the rest in private and inform you what I find out. I think your daughter and Miss Granger will be of great help researching the rituals we uncover. Then we can find ways to remove their influence from Tom.”

“All right, Albus,” James said. He pointed his wand at the pile of sick on the floor and Vanished it then looked down at Ti, “Are you feeling better, Ti?”

Ti nodded his head but didn’t speak.

James conjured a glass of water and gave it to the boy, “Here, son, drink this.”

Ti took the glass and greedily drank it until it was empty, “Thanks, Mr. Potter.” He still looked very pale.

Rose stood up and walked over to Ti. “Come on, Ti,” she said, “Let’s get you cleaned up.” She led Ti out of the Library.

Dumbledore turned to the remaining teens. “Again, let me apologize for not considering the effects of these memories on you,” he said, “Due to those effects, you may have the rest of the day free from training to relax and have fun. After all, it’s still the Christmas hols. At any rate, it may take me a while to return to supervise you since I must thoroughly study these memories. Please make sure you tell no one about what Harry managed to do. If Voldemort were somehow informed of that, he will undoubtedly take measures to further protect himself and we will again be one step behind him.” He then bade them a good day before exiting from the library, presumably to take the Floo back to Hogwarts.

“I’ve got to get to work,” James said, “The fallout from that article on the attack on the Burrow should be hitting the Ministry today.”

Harry gripped his shoulder as a sign of support, “Don’t let it get you down, Dad. Most people know you’re doing your best. I bet it’s better than what Fudge or anybody else would have done.”

“Thanks, Harry,” James said, “I really appreciate that. I’ll probably be home late tonight. Your Mum will probably be working late as well.”

“Don’t worry, Dad,” Harry said, “We’ll be alert for anything.”

James nodded and left. The teens sat there for a few more minutes to recover from having to witness such terrible rituals. It was Ron who broke the silence.

“He really is an evil git, isn’t he?” Ron commented, “Voldemort, I mean.”

”Thanks so much….” Fred said.

“For pointing out…” George continued.

“…the obvious, Ron,” the two twins concluded together.

“That poor girl,” Maggie said, “I wonder who she was. Did she have a family?” Tears started to streak down her face.

Neville went up to her and wrapped his arms around her, “I’m sure Professor Dumbledore will be able to find out. If she had family, at least they may now know what happened to her.”

“Well, it appears he didn’t do those wicked things here in Britain,” Hermione said, “at least the last two. The man looked like he was from one of the countries around the Mediterranean, like Italy or Greece. I think the girl was Oriental, judging from the color of her skin and hair. Maybe the rituals were from those areas.”

The door opened and Rose and Ti came back in. Ti looked a bit better as he sat down.

“Sorry, guys for that,” Ti said, “But that was really horrible.”

“You have nothing to be ashamed about, Ti,” Harry said, “It just shows you’re really a good person and so unlike your father. I doubt he would have been fazed by those scenes.”

“Yeah, I guess,” Ti said.

“Come on, you lot,” Ron said, “Enough of this doom and gloom. Dumbledore said we had the day off so how about some Quidditch?”

Most of the teens agreed. However, Fred and George declined, saying that they still had to make a living. Their store was well protected and would resist any Death Eater attack long enough for them to escape. They also had an emergency Portkey given to them by James for those kinds of emergencies.

Hermione decided she wanted to see if the Potter Library had anything on Dark rituals for longevity. So it was Harry, Ginny, and Ti arrayed against Ron, Neville and Rose while Maggie played referee. Harry, Ginny, Neville and Rose played Chasers while Ti and Ron played Keepers. Molly and Hermione’s parents watched the game while taking care of the three toddlers. They played until Blinky came to them, announcing that lunch was ready, by which time Ron’s team was leading by just two goals.

After a great lunch, they decided to practice their Animagus forms while the three toddlers were taking a nap. Harry and Ginny used their magical forms for a while but soon reverted to their tiger forms, afraid of the amount of damage the dragon and hippogriff forms could do to the garden.

In the late afternoon, Fleur arrived with Tonks and Remus. The French girl immediately asked to be taken to Bill’s bedside. Their reunion was quite sweet as Fleur fussed over her boyfriend. Charlie, feeling the usual disgust embarrassment one felt at seeing a brother and his girlfriend snog, demanded to be moved to a different room, much to the amusement of the teens and other adults. That didn’t matter to Fleur and Bill who were happy to have some time in privacy.

The next day, the teens were surprised to see Professor McGonagall come out of the Floo. She informed them that James had asked her to teach them Apparition. She also thought that while Harry, Ginny, Rose, Hermione, Ron and Neville were likely capable of doing it, she was not sure that Ti and Maggie had the mental maturity to try it. However, she was willing to let them know the theory and make the attempt.

The professor spent two hours with them talking about the origin and theory of Apparition. Then she left them with copies of a book that explained the technique in detail with instructions to read it thoroughly. She would be back after New Year’s Day to continue their lessons.

A day later, it was New Year’s Eve. The Blacks, Remus, Tonks and her parents joined the Potters, Grangers and Weasleys in bringing in the New Year. Bill and Charlie were well enough by then to join the celebrations on the porch.

It would be the first time for Daisy, Andrew and Daniel to meet Lizzie Black and everyone was wondering how the three toddlers would react to the nine month old baby. They hoped they wouldn’t mind not being the center of attention anymore.

They need not have worried. The teens and adults watched with amusement as the three toddlers stared with wonder at the small baby girl in Sam’s arms, especially Andrew who reached up and gently took the baby’s hand. That seemed to rouse the sleeping infant who opened her eyes and looked at Andrew for a second before smiling and going back to sleep. After that, the three toddlers waddled back to the play area James had set up at one end of the porch.

After a couple of hours of conversation, Blinky announced that dinner was ready. He and his family had help from Dobby, Lily and Molly in creating a memorable spread which was placed buffet style on the porch. They ate and drank well into the night. Even the house elves were invited to eat with everyone.

When everyone was enjoying dessert, Bill suddenly dropped to one knee in front of Fleur and pulled out a black box which he opened to reveal a gold ring with a large diamond flanked by two smaller ones. Everyone watched with bated breath as Bill asked Fleur to marry him. After a few moments where she seemed speechless, Fleur tearfully said ‘yes’, then seized her new fiancé in a fierce embrace as she snogged him senseless.

They only broke off when Charlie noisily cleared his throat and reminded them that they had an audience. Then all the girls gathered around Fleur to admire her ring while the men formed around Bill to heartily congratulate him.

After a few minutes, Molly pulled Fleur over to Bill and asked them when they wanted to have the wedding. Bill looked flustered as he told his mum that they needed to talk about it first.

“Nonsense,” Molly replied, “Now is the best time to start planning.” With that she dragged the newly engaged couple over to the side, looking very excited.

Harry watched them go with a feeling of apprehension. He felt Ginny come over beside him.

“Frightening, isn’t it?” she asked him through their bond, “Mum in full wedding mode.”

“Yeah,”
Harry replied, “If she gets this worked up with her eldest, I can’t imagine how she’d be when it’s our turn, not that it mattered.” He wrapped an arm around her to pull her close and kissed the top of her head. “The wedding will be just a formality. Hopefully, Mum won’t get as worked up as Molly or we’ll be in real trouble.”

Before Ginny could reply, they heard Remus clearing his throat. “Well,” Remus said, “I guess this seems the perfect night for announcements. I hate to steal Bill and Fleur’s thunder but before coming here, I asked Tonks to marry me and she heartily consented. We’re engaged as well.”

The people gathered in the Manor’s garden burst into excitement again as the girls gathered around Tonks to admire the gold ring with a single solitaire diamond on her left hand ring finger which had been previously hidden with a Disillusionment charm. The men gathered around Remus and congratulated him, especially Sirius and James.

“Remus you old wolf,” Sirius said, “I didn’t think you’d ask her so soon. Are you sure you want to marry that cousin of mine?”

Remus smiled, “Yes, Sirius, Merlin help me but she’s stated plainly that she doesn’t care about my furry little problem. I feel so free and happy whenever she’s with me. I want a lifetime of that.”

“My dear friend,” James said as he put an arm around Remus’ shoulder, “No one deserves that more than you.”

“Hear, hear,” Harry, Neville, Ron, Ti and the Weasley twins cheered.

The New Year’s Eve party, now turned engagement party, continued on until it was a few minutes to midnight. Fred and George started setting off fireworks. In the distance, they could hear the fireworks set off by the Muggles in the nearby villages. Then they counted down the last few seconds to midnight. When Midnight came, every couple turned to their partner and shared a kiss.

As she exchanged a kiss with Neville, Rose noted out of a corner of her eye that Maggie managed to get Ti to exchange kisses on the cheek. She smiled and hoped her ex-boyfriend would soon figure out that her present boyfriend’s sister was the girl for him.

“What are you looking at?” Neville asked her, noting her slight distraction.

“Oh, nothing,” Rose said as she threw her arms around Neville and proceeded to thoroughly snog him. It wouldn’t do for Neville to catch on to what Maggie wanted since he’d probably go into protective brother mode, just like Harry and Ron had once done with their own sisters.

The party wound down after a couple more hours as the guests said their goodbye one family after another. The remaining families retired to their rooms soon after.

The next day, the teens awakened late in the morning. They continued reading the books on Apparition given to them by McGonagall. They also took some time for some leisure activities, like playing with the three toddlers.

On Friday, McGonagall came by for their first attempts in Apparition. James had altered the wards of the manor and its ground to allow them to Apparate within the boundaries of the property. After testing them on their understanding of material from the book, she let them try Apparating to the opposite side of the Dueling room.

Ron, Hermione, Rose, Neville, Harry and Ginny managed it on their first try. However, Ti and Maggie couldn’t muster enough concentration. McGonagall let the older teens practice Apparating within the Dueling room while helping the two younger ones.

Unfortunately for Ti, while he managed to do it on his third try, he left a part of his left ear dangling in midair. McGonagall fixed it with no side effects and Ti managed to do it flawlessly after that. Maggie succeeded in her sixth try, much to McGonagall’s surprise. She wasn’t sure the thirteen year old could have done it at all. However, the girl was exhausted after that so McGonagall called a halt to the lesson. She asked them to practice as long as they did it for short distances within the house and didn’t get tired after each attempt.

Over the next two days, the eight teens became more adept at Apparition. When they got tired from it, the three couples would separate from the others to have some time alone. Ti and Maggie spent those times playing with the three toddlers. It was a nice and carefree time for them.

Unfortunately, the real world again intruded into their happiness the following Monday when the Daily Prophet reported a spate of new Death Eater attacks on several isolated Wizarding houses. The attacks appeared to be random since there seemed to be no relation between the families attacked. Fortunately, none of the attacked families had children of Hogwarts age. Harry was determined to continue having the DC practice hard in their dueling skills.

Later that day, Dumbledore came by while the teens were having lunch. He greeted them and they noticed that he looked older than usual, without the usual twinkle in his eye. They found out the reason when he informed them that he had finished viewing the memories of Voldemort that Harry had obtained and had written down the essential details so they could begin researching for the rituals Voldemort had used to obtain his present state.

When they read the descriptions, they all wished they hadn’t eaten yet. They were all gruesome, particularly the last one which involved the murder of three babies younger than six months, drinking their blood and eating various body parts from the sacrificed infants.

Only Hermione was looking forward to the long hours of research they would probably need to do but they all understood its importance. Knowing the rituals would allow them to look for ways to remove their effect and hopefully allow Harry to dispatch Voldemort once and for all.

It was decided to start their research in the library of Potter Manor. They searched through all the tomes there on ritual magic and preservation of life but found nothing after two days. Then, they decided to look in the Hogwarts library and asked the headmaster for help getting to the school. Due to the holidays and the war, there were very few people left in the castle. All the students had gone home to spend time with their families.

Dumbledore gave them a reusable Portkey to take them between his office in Hogwarts and Potter Manor. He suggested that they look in the restricted section with the help of Madam Pince who had only been told that the group of teens had been given a special project by the Headmaster.

The teens greeted the dour librarian when they entered the castle’s library on Thursday morning. Madam Pince grudgingly returned their greetings and opened the restricted section, warning them to be careful with the books since many of them were irreplaceable.

Hermione and Rose directed their efforts, looking at each row of books for likely titles while Harry and Ginny made sure each book taken was not cursed or trapped, using spells taught to them by James, Sirius and Bill to detect such things. It was terrible reading some of the material in those books, often giving them headaches and dizziness. However, they continued working, knowing how important it was to search for the rituals.

By Saturday, they had managed to identify all the rituals Voldemort had used except for the one involving the three-baby sacrifice. The books they were in were among the darkest in the library’s collection. Unfortunately, there was very little information on reversing the effect of the rituals. Whatever information they gathered, they passed on to Lily who would research them while the teens were in school.

On Sunday, the eleventh of January, the teens were once again headed back to Hogwarts. However, because of the possibility of an attack on the Express, Dumbledore and James decided to do something else. Each student was given a Portkey as they arrived on Platform nine and three-quarters. Each Portkey activated at eleven to take their holder straight to their common rooms.

So, for the first time in Hogwarts history, all the students were in the castle for lunch. That meal was served in the common rooms. After lunch, the students were allowed to spend the rest of the day as they wanted before the usual Welcoming Feast that evening. Harry and his friends were happy to be able to have some time to relax before the resumption of classes the next day.

Reviews 668
ChapterPrinter
StoryPrinter




../back
‘! Go To Top ‘!

Sink Into Your Eyes is hosted by Grey Media Internet Services. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related characters are trademarks of Warner Bros. TM & © 2001-2006. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R. Note the opinions on this site are those made by the owners. All stories(fanfiction) are owned by the author and are subject to copyright law under transformative use. Authors on this site take no compensation for their works. This site © 2003-2006 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Special thanks to: Aredhel, Kaz, Michelle, and Jeco for all the hard work on SIYE 1.0 and to Marta for the wonderful artwork.
Featured Artwork © 2003-2006 by Yethro.
Design and code © 2006 by SteveD3(AdminQ)
Additional coding © 2008 by melkior and Bear